21-12-2015, 09:55 PM
I am quite happy with that.

David Silva. :lol:

Özil. :bow:

Theo. :bow:

Giroud. :bow:

Monreal. :bow:

Ramsey. :wacko:

All went to shit with him off the pitch, nearly.

Yaya with a fluke of a shot which will save him from being dropped for the next big game, the next one where Yaya vacates midfield and Citeh lose the game early on.

Wenger. :bow:

It's on!

GP
21-12-2015, 09:55 PM
Love that.

Big, big win.

It's our year.

Power n Glory
21-12-2015, 09:56 PM
Great performance. Convincing.

Munchies
21-12-2015, 09:56 PM
What a win :bow:

Giroud :bow: :bow:

Ozil :bow:

Feo :bow:

Defence :bow:

Montreal :bow:

Wenget :bow:

Cech, next game son :cheers:

selassie
21-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Huge result, we're in a great position going into Xmas, need to keep it up.

Kano
Brilliant stuff.

Arsenal title favourites?

Fuck off!

:lol:

LDG
Ding dong merrily on high!

:woohoo:

Coney
21-12-2015, 09:58 PM
Brilliant stuff.

Arsenal title favourites?

Well, no-one else is!

Xhaka Can’t
21-12-2015, 09:59 PM
Great performance by Ozil, Giroud and Theo with honorable mentions to Bellerin and Campbell.

Maestro
21-12-2015, 09:59 PM
There was no excuse today, we had to win. We did, brilliant win and a big 3 points. Now we really are in the title hunt, beat City, beat Utd, beat Leicester .......it's on COYG!!!!

Marc Overmars
21-12-2015, 10:01 PM
What a result! Well done lads.

Should have scored more but given the calibre of opponent you can't expect plain sailing for the entire 90 minutes. A little bit careless towards the end, you could just see they were over-thinking it at the back when it came to clearing their lines, we invited that pressure on ourselves and the subs really didn't work out.

We're bang in this title race and hopefully we're top after this Christmas period. All about momentum and consistency now.

All in all, a pretty fucking good nights work.

Letters
21-12-2015, 10:03 PM
YES! Massive result.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Özil got MotM finally!!!

:faint:

Kano
21-12-2015, 10:04 PM
One defeat against the top ten clubs so far this season, exactly what we need.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Carragher writing us off for next season already. Impressive.

Kano
21-12-2015, 10:05 PM
YES! Massive result.

Wenger out!

And fuck off Carragher!

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2015, 10:06 PM
Why is Carragher so bitter? :lol:

fakeyank
21-12-2015, 10:06 PM
Great win!! Cant wait to watch this team live in a few days!! :dancingman:

Niall_Quinn
21-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Ozil the match winner. Class act of this league.

Achieved without Alexis, Cazorla and Coquelin so it's very encouraging. Tough game against a major rival won - now we need to turn up and win the next one, pointless if we blow that. We need to generate momentum from this and keep on piling the pressure on utd and the gypos who have now slipped behind us.

Great energy from Campbell, though he could do some work on his composure in front of goal.

Great discipline from Flamini - Ramsey not so much and he should have put the game away much earlier.

Bellerin was up and down the pitch like a lunatic and Monreal was very solid. Kos was in full Power Rangers mode and I dodn't really notice Merts much and that usually means he's played well.

Great strike from Theo. Great awareness from Ozil to duck under it.

Wenger's subs were, of course, ludicrous. But we got the 3 points despite him.

Letters
Wenger out!

Master Splinter
How we turned such a comfortable game into a nervy 2-1 was pretty impressive. WUMger the momentum killer at his best.

For 80 minutes that was a great performance and the only disappointing thing was that we weren't 5-0 up. Citeh possession was mostly sterile and it was the most composed we've been against a 'big' team in recent years. 3 points is great, but we should look to really hammer a rival when given the opportunity because it would do so much going forwards, not to mention the goal difference.

Giroud, Campbell, Walcott, Ozil, Monreal and Bellerin were excellent. Ramsey brings so much to the team, but also has some really sloppy moments. Flamini did as hoped and stayed disciplined.

Hopefully Alexis' return will give us a further boost over the festive period. Can't let this momentum go to shit now.

Letters
21-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Wenger's subs were, of course, ludicrous. But we got the 3 points despite him.

Take a day off, as you would say :d

Marc Overmars
21-12-2015, 10:09 PM
Great performance. Convincing.

Yep. Convincing is the right word to use.

Solid for the best part of it and created chances, had a little wobble but Man City are not a pub team.

Every chance we can win the league.

Maestro
21-12-2015, 10:09 PM

....and just two points off the top, call me silly but I'm starting to believe

Munchies
21-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Arsenal have been second in the Premier League at Christmas twice and have gone on to the win the title on both occasions.

:cloud9:

Kano
21-12-2015, 10:11 PM

Go for it and say it - I've long since changed my mind since the start of the season.

What is there to lose? Having that hope is what makes it so great to watch your team every week.

Letters
21-12-2015, 10:13 PM

Letters woz rite :bow:

Let's not get too excited but we're doing the right things, winning the sorts of games you should be winning if you're going to be contenders.
Tonight was a very important win - a draw wouldn't have been a disaster but a win is a real statement of intent.
Long may it continue.

I'd have taken 2 points off the top and in the last 16 of the CL at Christmas.

:tree:

Niall_Quinn
21-12-2015, 10:14 PM

A win on the 26th and we'll have momentum going into the new year. Dropped points and it's the same old scene. Saturday around 10pm, that's when we'll know.

Munchies
21-12-2015, 10:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN_FaKR30tA&feature=youtu.be

Master Splinter
21-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Alexis out for another two weeks.

:haha:

Fuck off!!

Letters
21-12-2015, 10:16 PM
A win on the 26th and we'll have momentum going into the new year. Dropped points and it's the same old scene. Saturday around 10pm, that's when we'll know.

We'll know next May. There will be bumps in the road, every season is like that. But right now we're looking like contenders, while that lasts I'll be content with how things are going.

Power n Glory
21-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Yep. Convincing is the right word to use.

Solid for the best part of it and created chances, had a little wobble but Man City are not a pub team.

Every chance we can win the league.

Some excellent performances. Heck of a strike from Theo. First attempt on goal and bang.

Giroud played really well too. A big goal from him. Clean strike..nutmeg! :lol:

Ozil is a changed man. He's on everything. Campbell was good too. Should have scored and had an assist.

Monreal is the man!

Munchies
21-12-2015, 10:20 PM

Fuck off!!

Lol'd :haha:

FFS

Niall_Quinn
21-12-2015, 10:20 PM

Fuck off!!

Is that 2 weeks in earth or Arsenal time?

Niall_Quinn
21-12-2015, 10:21 PM
We'll know next May. There will be bumps in the road, every season is like that. But right now we're looking like contenders, while that lasts I'll be content with how things are going.

You don't need to believe in May because the final results will be in - all you'll need to do is look.

Munchies
21-12-2015, 10:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWxbL0wU8AAjjHB.png

:bow:

Maestro
21-12-2015, 10:22 PM
knowing you can beat your rivals and them knowing you can thump them is very very key in challenging and going on to win titles. we haven't had that for years and we do now, truly believe our players are no longer scared of the rivals and i believe that was the final barrier.

drop some points here and there ...well that will happen, but one thing is for sure ...we can beat the top teams when we play them and directly stop them from winning the title, effectively putting shit back in our hands.

i believe, i believe, i believe ....as does Ozil, Kos, Sanchez, Theo, Bellerin, Cech, Monreal, Giroud, Ramsey and yes Wenget ....i believe

Master Splinter
21-12-2015, 10:22 PM

Last 4 against Citeh: 3 wins, 1 draw

Last 3 against United: 2 wins, 1 draw

Last 3 against Leicester: 2 wins, 1 draw

Can't do it against the bog boys and our rivals tbh.

LDG
21-12-2015, 10:26 PM
I don't want to believe yet, as I've fallen into that trap before.

Cracking result. I have no doubt that this team is capable of beating anyone on the day. It's all about consistency from now on. And can we actually push on and take advantage of other teams failings.

Slightly worried the "big" games are all away from home from now on. Utd, City, Lollerpool, Spufs....

Still, it's a night to celebrate, and chuffed we've tucked away another big win.

Munchies
21-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Wenger: 'Ozil was sick all week'

Maestro
21-12-2015, 10:29 PM

if that's how well ozil can play when he is sick ...then god help our opponents when he's feeling mildly okay

LDG
21-12-2015, 10:29 PM

He's sick every game tbf.

Master Splinter
21-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Actually it's 3 weeks for Alexis.

Which will obviously become two months at least.

Time to bring Mahrez and Ighalo home.

Seriously though, we're doing well at the moment but eventually we'll need our top players back. And none of them are back any time soon. It's so frustrating.

Munchies
21-12-2015, 10:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWx_6UrWEAQZFsn.jpg

Maestro
21-12-2015, 10:33 PM
I don't want to believe yet, as I've fallen into that trap before.

Cracking result. I have no doubt that this team is capable of beating anyone on the day. It's all about consistency from now on. And can we actually push on and take advantage of other teams failings.

Slightly worried the "big" games are all away from home from now on. Utd, City, Lollerpool, Spufs....

Still, it's a night to celebrate, and chuffed we've tucked away another big win.

tbh i don't really mind about the potential disappointment. i've decided to believe and start enjoying the football again, support the team and hope we do well instead of the negativity ..its getting too heavy to carry and can't be bothered with that shit anymore. these players have earned my positive support for the rest of the season, title or not.

Kano
21-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Actually it's 3 weeks for Alexis.

Which will obviously become two months at least.

Time to bring Mahrez and Ighalo home.

Seriously though, we're doing well at the moment but eventually we'll need our top players back. And none of them are back any time soon. It's so frustrating.

Where's this news coming from? He was supposed to have been back training earlier this week.

Munchies
21-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Where's this news coming from? He was supposed to have been back training earlier this week.

Wenget's press conf

Kano
21-12-2015, 10:39 PM
tbh i don't really mind about the potential disappointment. i've decided to believe and start enjoying the football again, support the team and hope we do well instead of the negativity ..its getting too heavy to carry and can't be bothered with that shit anymore. these players have earned my positive support for the rest of the season, title or not.
Far easier to be cautious than placing your faith in the team. Fuck it. It's more fun living on a knife edge every week instead of slaughtering the manager and squad every other day. What's the worst that can happen, anyone going to die if they let us down?

Well ok, maybe one or two should die but we'll come back that another day.

Munchies
21-12-2015, 10:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpSNq8qd-iA&feature=youtu.be

Kano
21-12-2015, 10:42 PM
Wenget's press conf

Next four are manageable without him. Would rather he had a long rest after going non-stop for almost two years.

LDG
21-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Far easier to be cautious than placing your faith in the team. Fuck it. It's more fun living on a knife edge every week instead of slaughtering the manager and squad every other day. What's the worst that can happen, anyone going to die if they let us down?

Well ok, maybe one or two should die but we'll come back that another day.

Some of us don't slaughter the team. Some of us take it game by game. When you've seen the same thing happen season after season, it doesn't give you confidence.

Doesn't mean you don't start every match behind the team.

I've taken a bit of a step back from the manic 24hr a day lunacy because football is dying in on it's corrupt arse, and I get more from life by spending it with my family, as apposed to going into the depths of dispare for two days after a loss.

Anyway MOTD is on. Lets just :dance:

Marc Overmars
21-12-2015, 10:51 PM
At least Campbell is providing the running that Alexis normally would.

Though maybe not the finishing. :lol:

Kano
21-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Some of us don't slaughter the team. Some of us take it game by game. When you've seen the same thing happen season after season, it doesn't give you confidence.

Doesn't mean you don't start every match behind the team.

I've taken a bit of a step back from the manic 24hr a day lunacy because football is dying in on it's corrupt arse, and I get more from life by spending it with my family, as apposed to going into the depths of dispare for two days after a loss.

Anyway MOTD is on. Lets just :dance:

Yep and that's where I was at the start of the season. Then as things have progressed I've changed my mind. Bored of moping around scared to commit to my team. Been let down too every season but so what? I'm up for it again the next one.

Football is a big escape for the week and I'd rather give myself up to that weekly fantasy and enjoy the ride. Fuck all that shit and gossiping outside the pitch, those 90 minutes are still a valuable escape from the shit in this world, as many of our freedoms are closed down. Eleven against eleven still means something and I'll be fucked if I let the obssesive media screw that up for me too.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2015, 11:07 PM
Can't say right now that we'll win it but we are in the race, obviously. So yeah we'll win it.

GP
21-12-2015, 11:08 PM
We are actually pretty good.

LDG
21-12-2015, 11:11 PM
We are actually pretty good.

Of course we are.

We just lose our focus sometimes. But it does seem like we're doing that less frequently.

Hopefully we'll keep that going.

First eleven is great, but we do need to buy one or two in January, as our injury record is horrendous, and I just don't think we can go all the way with what we have. If Ozil gets injured, we might be up shit creek.

Xhaka Can’t
21-12-2015, 11:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWx_6UrWEAQZFsn.jpg

Love it!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-12-2015, 11:37 PM
Surprised with how well we've done in light of the injuries but an in form Giroud and a returning Theodorus Maximus Walcottus is a big boon.

Leicester can but certainly won't win the league so we are virtually top.

Up the Arse!!!

Munchies
22-12-2015, 12:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWyWYkmW4AAUU_4.jpg

Heisenberg
22-12-2015, 12:15 AM
:scarf:

WMUG
22-12-2015, 12:28 AM
Fucking mental to take Özil off, we were pinning them back, but everything else was pretty spot on and we rode it out in the end.

Fantastic result, and great to see Campbell starting to become a real player as well.

:dance:

IBK
22-12-2015, 12:41 AM
Very pleased with this result. The more this happens the more faith this team deserves. The more so when we are missing key players. Keep this up and maybe we skeptics will be convinced that we are really are doing something new this time. Top players really turning up is a great start! Well done Arsenal.

hobson's choice
22-12-2015, 02:21 AM
Great result

But one thing, Ramsey is fundamentally no where near a great CM.

fakeyank
22-12-2015, 04:34 AM
Great result

He needs two DM's behind him for us to have some peace of mind. Not a bad option when we are playing the bottom clubs, but horrible option when we are playing the top teams.

Globalgunner
22-12-2015, 04:45 AM
Great result. missed the 2nd half but really elated. Probably good that I did. sounds like squeaky bum time after Yaya scored.
Anyways....Leicester we are coming for you. Gonna get you and that little maestro Mahrez too.

Maestro
22-12-2015, 05:53 AM
Watched it again last night. Ozil has to be the best player in this league, he was pristine and at his Rolls Royce best last night. A joy to behold for technical and creative purists of the football arts. Wow just fuckin' Wow, and it all comes so easy to him.
:cloud9::bow:

Letters
22-12-2015, 07:36 AM
You don't need to believe in May because the final results will be in - all you'll need to do is look.

You didn't say believe, you said know.

Niall_Quinn
22-12-2015, 07:53 AM
You didn't say believe, you said know.

:doh:

Letters
22-12-2015, 09:14 AM
They mean different things, you dolt :good:

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2015, 09:54 AM
That was some win last night. It was a huge game and a lot of pressure and we stood up, and came out on top. We really should have won that by 4/5 goals but the big games arent about how much you win by, its just about winning.

This year in 2015 we have seen that Arsene does indeed do tactics. He was spot on last night, we knew when to press and when to sit back and when we went forward we were a huge threat. In the big games this year, we have thrashed liverpool at home, beaten city and united away, beaten bayern, united and city at home. In all of those wins, the tactics were spot on. We have now got a plan A and a plan B.

ONe final word though is to say just how good Ozil is. He is a world class player and is showing over hte last year just how good he really is. His teamates now understand him and make hte runs and he picks them out with ease. He is a joy to watch and by a country mile the best player in the league. Those that said we didnt need him just look so wrong, we do need him and at 42 million he is a bargain.

Also bet those who left the ground early at half time to get ahead of the drinks queue feel pretty stupid after missing the goal. :pal:

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2015, 09:58 AM
I also think that if we win the league this year, Arsene will leave. There would be no finer way for him to go then delivering three trophy winning seasons culminating in the league.

Marc Overmars
22-12-2015, 09:59 AM
Also bet those who left the ground early at half time to get ahead of the drinks queue feel pretty stupid after missing the goal. :pal:

Bit harsh tbf. If you leave at the whistle to queue you sure as hell aren't getting back in time for the start of the 2nd half, where you could also just as easily miss a goal.

LDG
22-12-2015, 10:00 AM
:woohoo:

:dance:

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2015, 10:08 AM
Bit harsh tbf. If you leave at the whistle to queue you sure as hell aren't getting back in time for the start of the 2nd half, where you could also just as easily miss a goal.

true but so many people do it. Would rather get a drink then watch the whole game. I find it odd. Surely you can survive half time without a drink to see the actual match?

Niall_Quinn
22-12-2015, 10:40 AM
They mean different things, you dolt :good:

Read the original conversation why don't you?

The Emirates Gallactico
22-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Fantastic win!!

Nervy as hell for the last ten minutes but we did enough to hold out. Should have easily put it to bed at the second half with all those spurned chances but then again we were amazingly clinical in the first half so that kind of balances itself out.

Defensively, apart from the last ten when we were hanging on, I thought we were excellent especially in the first half. Kept our shape well, didn't go for gung-ho pressing and restricted City to meaningless sideways passing. One of the best defensive displays we've ever demonstrated, something that's becoming ever more frequent these days.

There's still a long way to go before thinking about the league and we can throw away the good work with a poor result against Southampton on Saturday but beating your most likelist rivals (sorry Leceister fans) is definitely a cause for celebration.

Great result

The thing about Ramsey is that he doesn't stop running and his general industry is a vital assest for us, however against the top teams who can pass really well, his flaws can be exposed especially some of his dodgy postioning and passing. That was nearly the case several times yesterday.

He especially irritated the hell out of me yesterday in the second half by constantly bombing forward in the second half, leaving Flamini on his own and thus making the game unncessarily more open than it needed to be. Worst of all was that he didn't score from his forays forward, despite having some straightforward chances - he could have easily got a hat trick last night. He's pretty much the epitome of a top "British football" type CM, not suprisingly as he's British.

Carzola on the other hand doesn't offer the goal threat nor the high intensity work rate Rambo does, but what he does offer is a more "continental style" control and discpline with his passing and distrubution.

tl;dr - When both are fit: Play Ramsey in CM against mid and lower PL table teams. Play Carzola in the CL and against the top teams.

I know as a predominatly "armchair fan" these days I don't have much of a right to moan, but it was kind of embarassing seeing all those empty seats when play was still going on before the end of the half. I mean, is it that important to get an overpriced pie or hotdog?

Power n Glory
22-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Fantastic win!!

Nervy as hell for the last ten minutes but we did enough to hold out. Should have easily put it to bed at the second half with all those spurned chances but then again we were amazingly clinical in the first half so that kind of balances itself out.

Defensively, apart from the last ten when we were hanging on, I thought we were excellent especially in the first half. Kept our shape well, didn't go for gung-ho pressing and restricted City to meaningless sideways passing. One of the best defensive displays we've ever demonstrated, something that's becoming ever more frequent these days.

There's still a long way to go before thinking about the league and we can throw away the good work with a poor result against Southampton on Saturday but beating your most likelist rivals (sorry Leceister fans) is definitely a cause for celebration.

The thing about Ramsey is that he doesn't stop running and his general industry is a vital assest for us, however against the top teams who can pass really well, his flaws can be exposed especially some of his dodgy postioning and passing. That was nearly the case several times yesterday.

He especially irritated the hell out of me yesterday in the second half by constantly bombing forward in the second half, leaving Flamini on his own and thus making the game unncessarily more open than it needed to be. Worst of all was that he didn't score from his forays forward, despite having some straightforward chances - he could have easily got a hat trick last night. He's pretty much the epitome of a top "British football" type CM, not suprisingly as he's British.

Carzola on the other hand doesn't offer the goal threat nor the high intensity work rate Rambo does, but what he does offer is a more "continental style" control and discpline with his passing and distrubution.

tl;dr - When both are fit: Play Ramsey in CM against mid and lower PL table teams. Play Carzola in the CL and against the top teams.

I know as a predominatly "armchair fan" these days I don't have much of a right to moan, but it was kind of embarassing seeing all those empty seats when play was still going on before the end of the half. I mean, is it that important to get an overpriced pie or hotdog?

Ramsey seems to preoccupied with playing the killer Hollywood ball or getting forward and scoring. He's lost that simplicity to his play and I saw some suicidal passing yesterday. It's frustrating to watch. He can't control the middle of the park and it showed when Ozil went off. He needs to focus on controlling the game and not always hunting for glory. I slightly blame Wenger because he's been playing on the right encouraging that side of his game instead of trying to improve this obvious weak area. He doesn't have to always be on the score sheet or assist list to have a good game.

Marc Overmars
22-12-2015, 12:42 PM
I agree he needs to get back to the basics, he's lost that ice cool composure because he's overthinking things.

2013/14 probably did as much bad as it did good for Ramsey and his style of play going forward.

Having said that, he has all the makings of a top quality player. Just needs to hone in on what made him so appreciated before he exploded into this all action midfielder.

Chippy
22-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Clear space between top 2 and the rest!
Sorry to wee on the bonfire, but inept Management and injuries will cost us the PL. :(

Letters
22-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Sorry to wee on the bonfire, but inept Management and injuries will cost us the PL. :(

We seemed to do OK last night with a load of injuries - notably Carzola and Sanchez - and our 'inept' manager.

IBK
22-12-2015, 01:33 PM
We seemed to do OK last night with a load of injuries - notably Carzola and Sanchez - and our 'inept' manager.

Yes, we did. Now let's see if the progress will continue. Calling Wenger inept is a nonsense.

Bumble
22-12-2015, 01:36 PM

although city with injuries and inept manager did struggle.

Letters
22-12-2015, 01:38 PM
When you've got Yaya Toure and Aguero on the field your injury problems aren't that bad. This site reckons they only have 4 injuries

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php#c21

Edit: And their 'inept' manager won them the league a couple of years ago, he can't be that bad :shrug:

Bumble
22-12-2015, 01:57 PM
When you've got Yaya Toure and Aguero on the field your injury problems aren't that bad. This site reckons they only have 4 injuries

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php#c21

Edit: And their 'inept' manager won them the league a couple of years ago, he can't be that bad :shrug:
Aguero only just returned and looked well off the pace but not having Kompany makes a bigger difference to City than us not having Sanchez (as Ozil is on fire and Walcott is back). the reference to the inept was that I don't think he gets the best out of the team despite winning the league couple of years ago. this season they have lost something like 5 of the last 9 or 10 games. they have so many attacking players yet they are still defensively weak without Kompany. City should be dominating more than they do.

People describe Wenger as inept which is very harsh, with the spending on players and salaries we have done over the last decade. We have generally finished where we should finish. We haven't exceeded expectations or under performed in the league. Even in the low spending years we still spunked a lot of money on salaries instead of player fees and these tends to get neglected. I think the season spurs ran us close to the CL spots we were spending £1m a week more on wages.

Letters
22-12-2015, 02:01 PM
If City are that toothless without Kompany then their manager is inept. With their money there is no excuse to be that reliant on one player.
Whatever, we beat them, we're in the title hunt, so far, so good.

Dein-machine
22-12-2015, 03:14 PM

the only sensible post. Why do so many people kid themselves. We know Wenger refuses to learn from previous mistakes. A few years ago we were in this position but had lost Theo & Rambo to long term injuries. They were scoring most of our goals at that stage - so what do you think needed to be done in the Jan window?? - a goalscorer would have been handy!. Anyway, needless to say we didnt buy one, the goals were harder to come by & we fell out of contention. This time, has he learned. Our only real DM is out until March. We cannot rely on Flamini or Arteta - neither is good enough. Imagine buying a Bender or a Carvalho, just to keep momentum going & give all the players a boost. Woudn't mind paying over the odds for Reus either, gives us another attacking threat. Just imagine what feel good factor this brings in to give us more options. But Im afraid its all a dream - we all know what will happen in Jan. And we all know what will happen as a result of it - so Im not understanding the ridiculous title talk. I can accept it from the press but not Arsenal fans, we know better than that. In the last 6 games we have dropped points at home to Spurs, coudlnt beat either West Brom or Norwich, beat Sunderland & Villa ( which my Sunday league team could do ) & beat a terrible City side 2-1. Its really not that great boys - were just lucky its not been great for City, Chelsea or Utd either.

Letters
22-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Wow you're a miserable bastard.

Dein-machine
22-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Wow you're a miserable bastard.

Are you getting personal again. thought it was you who threw his toys out the pram a while ago moaning that posters got too personal with you. I'm actually a very happy chappy - will be even more so when the over-rated,arrogant dinosaur who manages us fucks off into the sunset.

Ollie the Optimist
22-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Aguero only just returned and looked well off the pace but not having Kompany makes a bigger difference to City than us not having Sanchez (as Ozil is on fire and Walcott is back). the reference to the inept was that I don't think he gets the best out of the team despite winning the league couple of years ago. this season they have lost something like 5 of the last 9 or 10 games. they have so many attacking players yet they are still defensively weak without Kompany. City should be dominating more than they do.

People describe Wenger as inept which is very harsh, with the spending on players and salaries we have done over the last decade. We have generally finished where we should finish. We haven't exceeded expectations or under performed in the league. Even in the low spending years we still spunked a lot of money on salaries instead of player fees and these tends to get neglected. I think the season spurs ran us close to the CL spots we were spending £1m a week more on wages.

Kompany is a massive fraud though. The guy is woeful. He charges around the pitch like scott parker and flies into challenges. How many times has he left his partners in a mess because he has charged out of the line and missed the ball?

fakeyank
22-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Who was it that said that our squad is nowhere near City's? :haha:

Kano
22-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Ozil said, “My contract runs until 2018, that is for another two and a half years,” he said. “There is no need to hurry. There are no talks at the moment but I can only say that I am very happy in London and that my decision to come here from Real Madrid was the right one. There is not a single day, apart from when I was injured, that I have not felt great at Arsenal.”

Needs to be sorted asap.

Letters
22-12-2015, 04:31 PM

Was it the same person who kept on saying how rubbish Ozil was? ;)

Kano
22-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Def not the same guy who called Liverpool for the title, that's for sure.

fakeyank
22-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Was it the same person who kept on saying how rubbish Ozil was? ;)

In my defense, he was pretty shit on the left.. fair play to Wenger to play him where I recommended! :lol:

fakeyank
22-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Def not the same guy who called Liverpool for the title, that's for sure.

This never happened.

Letters
22-12-2015, 04:47 PM
In my defense, he was pretty shit on the left.. fair play to Wenger to play him where I recommended! :lol:

I'm sure he's an avid reader of GW (hi, Arsene!)

Power n Glory
22-12-2015, 04:50 PM
I think he's been snooping about. :lol:

I've been saying Walcott should play up front or on the left for ages.

The Emirates Gallactico
22-12-2015, 04:55 PM
I really hope Alexis' setback isn't a result of him foolishly over pushing himself to try and be ready for City. I mean, I love the guy's passion but sometimes he just needs to take it easily otherwise it's going to cost us in the long term. Going away to Southampton (who will be reeling after some bad results) without him is going to be very difficult ......... really wish he was available for it.

With Rosicky's death and Welbeck's setback and in all likehood the probablity that he won't play this season, we've at the moment got only one replacement (Oxlade-Chamberlain) for our front three attackers coming into a intense run of games which is not enough. Giroud has been working himself to the bone recently and could do with a rest and Theo has always been very brittle which makes the situation the ever more worrying.

I really think in addition to DM cover, we absoutely have to sign some attacking cover ........ either an experience hand on loan or splash the big bucks for a Marital type signing for the future. Worst comes to worse, recall Gnarby as he isn't getting minutes at WBA.

Letters
22-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Are you getting personal again. thought it was you who threw his toys out the pram a while ago moaning that posters got too personal with you. I'm actually a very happy chappy - will be even more so when the over-rated,arrogant dinosaur who manages us fucks off into the sunset.

If you can't enjoy a season where so far we've qualified for the last 16 of the CL and we're 2nd in the league - having beaten at home two of the sides who you would expect to be our rivals, both games big 6 pointers - then you might as well just stop watching.

Clearly doubts will remain until we finish the job, but right now this season is going better than a lot on here expected, last night was a very good and very important result. Sheesh, stop being such a downer.

fakeyank
22-12-2015, 05:28 PM
I really hope Alexis' setback isn't a result of him foolishly over pushing himself to try and be ready for City. I mean, I love the guy's passion but sometimes he just needs to take it easily otherwise it's going to cost us in the long term. Going away to Southampton (who will be reeling after some bad results) without him is going to be very difficult ......... really wish he was available for it.

With Rosicky's death and Welbeck's setback and in all likehood the probablity that he won't play this season, we've at the moment got only one replacement (Oxlade-Chamberlain) for our front three attackers coming into a intense run of games which is not enough. Giroud has been working himself to the bone recently and could do with a rest and Theo has always been very brittle which makes the situation the ever more worrying.

I really think in addition to DM cover, we absoutely have to sign some attacking cover ........ either an experience hand on loan or splash the big bucks for a Marital type signing for the future. Worst comes to worse, recall Gnarby as he isn't getting minutes at WBA.

I wouldnt mind giving Giroud a breather in the next few weeks and play Theo upfront. Have a front three of Ox, Theo and Campbell.. that'd be a seriously fast front 3! We should also look to gradually give some rest time to the full backs whenever possible.

The Emirates Gallactico
22-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Ramsey seems to preoccupied with playing the killer Hollywood ball or getting forward and scoring. He's lost that simplicity to his play and I saw some suicidal passing yesterday. It's frustrating to watch. He can't control the middle of the park and it showed when Ozil went off. He needs to focus on controlling the game and not always hunting for glory. I slightly blame Wenger because he's been playing on the right encouraging that side of his game instead of trying to improve this obvious weak area. He doesn't have to always be on the score sheet or assist list to have a good game.

Yep. He needs to chill out a bit and realise the difference in responsibilities in this position compared to the right wing.

As you point out, we did lose control of the match as soon as Ozil went off. I do however think he has the technical qualities to dictate a game, it's more a question of attitude and mentality and in that regard it's up to Arsene and the coaches to work with him. Or he could learn a lot from simply watching Santi play.

I wouldnt mind giving Giroud a breather in the next few weeks and play Theo upfront. Have a front three of Ox, Theo and Campbell.. that'd be a seriously fast front 3! We should also look to gradually give some rest time to the full backs whenever possible.

Would love to give Giroud a breather but Southampton away and Newcastle & Bournemouth (on current form) aren't freebies by any stretch of the imagination. We absolutely need him, both for his goals and his work rate.

Not until the FA cup game most likely and even then with our depleted squad he may be forced to start.

Power n Glory
22-12-2015, 07:20 PM
I'd actually encourage Ramsey to watch Coquelin as well. I never see that guy make careless risky passes that will put us in danger. If the pass isn't there he won't play his team mate in danger. Very comfortable just swivelling and protecting the ball to find a more suitable pass. It's simple stuff and that's all Ramsey needs to do. You'll see him win the ball back but then go for the harder through bakm instead of the simple pass that can help us mount a counter.

Özim
22-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Didn't see the match but it's a great result, apparently we scored from our only two shots, pretty good ratio.

LDG
22-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Didn't see the match but it's a great result, apparently we scored from our only two shots, pretty good ratio.

Only two shots in the first half.

We should and could have been five up in the second half apart from some poor finishing.

The finishes for our two in the first half were clinical as fuck. Just the type of bang bang moments critics would praise City / Chelsea for in previous years.

City were not poor either. We just outplayed them tactically.

Coney
22-12-2015, 10:03 PM

Sorry to wee on your wee, but I can only go by what I see, not what pessimists think MIGHT happen. Why do some people only see our problems and not those of the other teams. The usual rivals for the title have not performed as well as we have. We have failed to win some games we should have but so have they. Why should you automatically assume that we will be doomed and they will not? Every heard of the concept of 'a supporter'?

Niall_Quinn
22-12-2015, 10:16 PM
You have to hold the same opinion as the herd to be a "supporter"? What a concept.

FACT. We've had opportunities to win a title in the past 10 years. On each occasion we have fucked it. Pessimism relates to the history in the case of Arsenal, optimism is dreaming based on what has gone before. So when a fan comes along and says he thinks we'll fuck it he's merely stating the most likely (by far) outcome and how that makes him less of a supporter is a mystery to me.

We're positioned well but there's a long way to go. In the past we have been unable to sustain a challenge. This time might be different - it could be. Some fans will buy it, others won't. Come May we'll know. In the meantime we can all be supporters can't we? Just because some refer to the past and use it as a guide does not automatically mean they want any less for their club.

selassie
22-12-2015, 10:19 PM
You have to hold the same opinion as the herd to be a "supporter"? What a concept.

FACT. We've had opportunities to win a title in the past 10 years. On each occasion we have fucked it. Pessimism relates to the history in the case of Arsenal, optimism is dreaming based on what has gone before. So when a fan comes along and says he thinks we'll fuck it he's merely stating the most likely (by far) outcome and how that makes him less of a supporter is a mystery to me.

We're positioned well but there's a long way to go. In the past we have been unable to sustain a challenge. This time might be different - it could be. Some fans will buy it, others won't. Come May we'll know. In the meantime we can all be supporters can't we? Just because some refer to the past and use it as a guide does not automatically mean they want any less for their club.

:gp:

Coney
22-12-2015, 10:38 PM
OK - but on this web site, there is a continuous negative grind even when we are doing well, almost as if some want us to fail so they can do the 'I told you so' crap. After a while, it kind of grates.

Niall_Quinn
22-12-2015, 10:44 PM
OK - but on this web site, there is a continuous negative grind even when we are doing well, almost as if some want us to fail so they can do the 'I told you so' crap. After a while, it kind of grates.

Well that wouldn't be okay but I can't see any evidence that's the case. Sometimes you can be doing well, but not as well as you could be doing. If you see what I mean. I believe we're a better team than our results suggest so far this season. Particularly the screw-ups in the CL. We can be happy with the successes but it shouldn't mask the areas where things can be improved. Why not strive for even more? Strive for everything. Still plenty we can be doing to improve things, we aren't even top - right now there is a team doing it better than us so we know that better is achievable.

Letters
22-12-2015, 10:45 PM
I don't buy that our past failures when in this position are that relevant. Wenger is a constant, but he was there when we were winning titles too.
The difference I see now is a spine of world class players, I don't think we've had that in the last 10 years.
We've won the two FA Cups which show we can finish the job, we've won a couple of big league games this season - ones we traditionally have cocked up - and we have players like Cech (what a difference he has made already), Sanchez and Ozil who know how to do it at the business end of the season.

We'll have to wait till May to see whether that's enough and I can understand some skepticism but it is a bit wearying how so many expect us to fail and refuse to see any signs of hope.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-12-2015, 02:11 AM

It's even worse on twitter. Some people are so agenda driven that they can't enjoy a great win as it may mean their preconceived notions of "Wenger being past it" or "Ozil being shit" may not be true. I gurantee you that if we were to win the title they'll be a few idiotic "supporters" dissapointed on the day as it'll mean Wenger would in all probablity stay on.

Anyway to lighten the mood: Tunnel Cam against City.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvSPDvZI0aE

lol @3.40 - Ozil completely ignoring Nasri shouting "Mesut" ........ probably thinking who the hell is this bleach-blonde haired lesbo? :lol:

Love the affection Wrighty has for Wenger, still calling him boss after all these years. Unlike a certain specialist in sacking, it's clear that Wenger retains so much respect and admirations from all his players.

Ollie the Optimist
23-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Only two shots in the first half.

We should and could have been five up in the second half apart from some poor finishing.

The finishes for our two in the first half were clinical as fuck. Just the type of bang bang moments critics would praise City / Chelsea for in previous years.

City were not poor either. We just outplayed them tactically.

One thing i really like this season is how often the other team has a chance, misses and then suddenly a minute or two later we score. We have done that several times this year, we counter attack with purpose and quite often create clear goal scoring chances and recently been taking them. Same with scoring close together, again several times this year we score 1 and then within a few minutes we score again. There is a ruthlessness in this side, they know the plan, they get the ball and counter quickly. Its a joy to watch

Letters
23-12-2015, 10:13 AM

That's what irritates me.
I imagine some people on here punching the air when we get a poor result so they can come on here and say "I told you so!"

Maybe that's not true, but it's how it comes across sometimes.

Kano
23-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Oxlade-Zombielain

https://vine.co/v/iKTIuEDp6PP

Marc Overmars
23-12-2015, 11:14 AM
One thing i really like this season is how often the other team has a chance, misses and then suddenly a minute or two later we score. We have done that several times this year, we counter attack with purpose and quite often create clear goal scoring chances and recently been taking them. Same with scoring close together, again several times this year we score 1 and then within a few minutes we score again. There is a ruthlessness in this side, they know the plan, they get the ball and counter quickly. Its a joy to watch

Yeah, it is quite impressive how often we tend to score twice within 10 minutes spells. Happened too many times now to be a coincidence, it shows a certain ruthlessness.

Dein-machine
23-12-2015, 11:21 AM

That's what irritates me.
I imagine some people on here punching the air when we get a poor result so they can come on here and say "I told you so!"

Maybe that's not true, but it's how it comes across sometimes.

whats more annoying are those on here full of the joys pf spring because we pubbed a win against City & talking of titles but weren't quite the same happy bunnies only a two weeks ago after not being able to beat either Norwich or West Brom.
I get no enjoyment out of my club losing. I also get very little enjoyment when we play poor football & pub wins by the odd goal by hanging on for our lives at the end. I want a team to play good football, have quality players in all areas & when going 1 or 2 goals up then going for the next to kill the game off. We consistently drop deep & defend when we have a lead & because we have players like Flamini & Merts, we will conceed goals & drop points. We got away with it on Monday, as we have done a number of times this year but recently we couldnt build on leads against Norwich or West Brom because of that killer instinct that the team lacks due to the manager. There will be plenty more points dropped due to this mentality & it will cost us the chance of a league title. The 1st half an hour of the Utd game is how this team should be performing more times than not - we see it once every 10 games.

Kano
23-12-2015, 11:34 AM
:ilt:

Ollie the Optimist
23-12-2015, 11:34 AM
whats more annoying are those on here full of the joys pf spring because we pubbed a win against City & talking of titles but weren't quite the same happy bunnies only a two weeks ago after not being able to beat either Norwich or West Brom.
I get no enjoyment out of my club losing. I also get very little enjoyment when we play poor football & pub wins by the odd goal by hanging on for our lives at the end. I want a team to play good football, have quality players in all areas & when going 1 or 2 goals up then going for the next to kill the game off. We consistently drop deep & defend when we have a lead & because we have players like Flamini & Merts, we will conceed goals & drop points. We got away with it on Monday, as we have done a number of times this year but recently we couldnt build on leads against Norwich or West Brom because of that killer instinct that the team lacks due to the manager. There will be plenty more points dropped due to this mentality & it will cost us the chance of a league title. The 1st half an hour of the Utd game is how this team should be performing more times than not - we see it once every 10 games.

you didnt see the game did you? We did not pub a win against city. we were the better side by miles. Ok they had a few chances in the last ten minutes, but up until then we were the better side, we should have been 4/5 goals up but for good saves and poor finishing. We played great attacking football, countered with pace and had a great buzz about us. We were 2-0 up and going for the kill as you said you wanted to see.

Also, imagine complaining about pubbing a win against city anyway. We beat a title rival and you are complaining? Its bollocks

GP
23-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Both Flamini and Mertesacker played really well against City.

You're talking shit, son.

Power n Glory
23-12-2015, 12:10 PM
I thought Merts was a bit better than Kos against City.

Letters
23-12-2015, 12:22 PM
I get no enjoyment out of my club.
I can tell...