PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal 2-0 Bournemouth - Match Reaction

Master Splinter
28-12-2015, 07:41 PM
After the first goal, that was a cruise. Should have scored at least six. Not battering Bournemouth by more goals is just as annoying as getting easily beaten on Saturday. Hopefully, we're saving a record scoreline for Newcastle.

If Walcott wasn't pubbing up his first touch and finishing, Ozil would have smashed the PL assists record today. He must have set up about ten clear chances. Every pass was lofted, arrowed and lasered in to perfection. Incredible level from him.

Walcott's movement was great. Shame about everything else. Ox was better than usual, but still looked short of confidence at times. Chambers did well in midfield. Bellerin was fantastic. Gabriel had an excellent game too. He's infectious, like Alexis.

Well done to Cech for the record.

Top of the league. :scarf:

Arsenal :bow:.

Wenger :bow:.

Marc Overmars
28-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Good stuff, just what we needed after the other night.

Same again against Newcastle please. Bread and butter points.

fakeyank
28-12-2015, 07:48 PM
Arsenal two thousand fifteen two thousand sixteen BPL winners! :scarf:

The Emirates Gallactico
28-12-2015, 07:53 PM
I didn't think we were that convincing, especially before Gabriel's goal and a better team than Bournemouth could have exploited that. That being said, we could and really should have scored a hatful if we had our shooting boots on; Bournemouth were dogshite defensively. Haven't seen that much panic from every corner in since ................. well since we were hopeless at dealing with them all those years back.

Still, grinding out wins is all that matters at this stage, especially after the horror show of a couple of days ago.

Another meh game from Ox. Seems to have regressed and dare I say it, suffering from what Theo apparently had earlier on ..... a lack of a footballing brain. Constantly made wrong decisions. Desperately need Alexis and a few others back because it's clear some of them are dead tired.

Ozil :bow:

Cech :bow:

Letters
28-12-2015, 07:57 PM
After the first goal, that was a cruise. Should have scored at least six. Not battering Bournemouth by more goals is just as annoying as getting easily beaten on Saturday.
Not...really! :lol:

Important win.

Wenger out.

Niall_Quinn
28-12-2015, 08:09 PM
Ozil about 1 mile ahead of anyone else on the pitch in terms of sheer class. Fantastic display of precision football. You stick Ronaldo or Aguero on the end of that service and sit back and watch the fireworks. Instead we had the damp squib pairing of Bif and Walnut. Dire displays from them today.

Chambers okay in the middle, but he wasn't under much pressure. Looks like he's our starter now as Flamini is injured.

Bellerin and Ramsey energetic but with little end product. Gabriel put ina confident display and the Lumbering Oaf provided the gasps of astonished amusement as usual.

Bournemouth were naive and played into our hands and we (sort of) took advantage. A win's a win but it should have been 5 or 6 and this should be coming on the back of a win against Southampton and soaring confidence and momentum.

As it is, that 4-0 hammering will be what sticks in the mind. Another steaming Wenger dump right in the middle of what could have been a great festive period. Suspect the gypos and Leicester will draw tomorrow so we should go into the new year top of the table, almost by default. Will Wenger strengthen and push us on to the finish line? Or will he fuck it all up again? Unfortunately our season runs on his whim.

Ralpheroo72
29-12-2015, 12:18 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15118/10113153/mesut-ozil-in-a-league-of-his-own-as-arsenal-beat-bournemouth

Niall_Quinn
29-12-2015, 01:31 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15118/10113153/mesut-ozil-in-a-league-of-his-own-as-arsenal-beat-bournemouth

Not even surprised by Ozil - he's always been quality. Quite surprised by the Bellerin stats though. We'll have to beat Barca off I suppose.

The Emirates Gallactico
29-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Not even surprised by Ozil - he's always been quality. Quite surprised by the Bellerin stats though. We'll have to beat Barca off I suppose.

He's got to improve his crossing though. So many poor crosses in from him today when in dangerous areas, killing off good moves. Probably the weakest aspect of his game along with his defensive positioning ...... still, probably the best young right back in the world at the moment.

I actually don't think he's tempted to go back to Barca. Unlike Cesc, he's actually from Badalona which is not part of the central Barcelona area (think of Watford to London for example) so he's not got the same affinity for the city or the club. Also, judging from his accent and just the way he's easily acclimitised to GHEL culture (watch the Youtube vids), I don't think he really misses Spain - if anything he's become as English as the likes of Ox and Theo.

As for Ozil, he's pretty much carrying us at the moment which is pretty worrying in it's own regard. God hope he doesn't get injured, or at least until we get the likes of Rosicky and Alexis back.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-12-2015, 06:12 AM
The jury is still out on Mesut.

:rolleyes:

Japan Shaking All Over
29-12-2015, 09:13 AM
Ozil pure quality......Big Sexy and Feo too many times fluffed their lines last night but three more points and back on top......need Barcodes to step aside and let us roll all over them

Power n Glory
29-12-2015, 09:44 AM
Yet to see the highlights but 3 points will do. Sounds like Ozil is really running the show.

Marc Overmars
29-12-2015, 09:48 AM
It's ridiculous how many chances he's creating right now. Theo and Giroud should have filled their boots.

If you stuck Ozil in the City team they would walk to the title scoring 4's and 5's every week.

Power n Glory
29-12-2015, 10:20 AM
I'll at the other performances as well. Hope Bif and Theo get back to scoring. Fine finishes against City so not sure what's happened. Too much turkey and booze? But I trust they'll sort themselves out.

selassie
29-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Right now Ozil is dragging the team into title contention, from the highlights I saw yesterday he was sublime, his passing and creativity is world class right now and he's been playing at a very high level all season, our most important player and for me a shoe-in for Player Of The Year.

We have to do all we can to keep him fit because an injury to him and our season will collapse.

Yesterday was an important win, we need to follow it up with a win against Newcastle before a tough January schedule.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-12-2015, 03:26 PM
After the first goal, that was a cruise. Should have scored at least six. Not battering Bournemouth by more goals is just as annoying as getting easily beaten on Saturday. Hopefully, we're saving a record scoreline for Newcastle.

Let us behave.......!

Good to get the win and we know we will get games like this from Theo and Giroud where they just don't score. Days like that will happen every handful of games for at least one of them as that is what happens when you don't have a world class CF. Fortunately for us, we may not actually need one this season.

The pre planned contingency of getting Chambers up to speed in midfield behind the scenes is a simple and logical move, but also one we have failed to to in the past so I'm glad we did. He looked pretty good, though clearly there are sterner tests out there. I don't think we can expect an injury hit squad to carry us a lot further though.

Dein-machine
29-12-2015, 03:58 PM
I'll at the other performances as well. Hope Bif and Theo get back to scoring. Fine finishes against City so not sure what's happened. Too much turkey and booze? But I trust they'll sort themselves out.

How many more years do we give players like that to sort themselves out!. As M.O. says above, put Ozil in the City team & they would walk the league. We NEED quality finishers, Giroud & Theo will never be the finished article, they are too inconsistent to be playing for a team with ambitions to compete for titles & Champions league. They both need 5 clear cut chances before they take one - simply not good enough. We knew that at the start of last season & the season before but Wenger continues with mediocre players which will always cost us.

Power n Glory
29-12-2015, 04:03 PM
How many more years do we give players like that to sort themselves out!. As M.O. says above, put Ozil in the City team & they would walk the league. We NEED quality finishers, Giroud & Theo will never be the finished article, they are too inconsistent to be playing for a team with ambitions to compete for titles & Champions league. They both need 5 clear cut chances before they take one - simply not good enough. We knew that at the start of last season & the season before but Wenger continues with mediocre players which will always cost us.

You're overreacting. They haven't scored in the last two games since beating Man City. Hardly a need to panic. Whether they're long term prospects is another issue.

Dein-machine
29-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Right now Ozil is dragging the team into title contention, from the highlights I saw yesterday he was sublime, his passing and creativity is world class right now and he's been playing at a very high level all season, our most important player and for me a shoe-in for Player Of The Year.

We have to do all we can to keep him fit because an injury to him and our season will collapse.

Yesterday was an important win, we need to follow it up with a win against Newcastle before a tough January schedule.

Agreed - in the same way that Rambo's form carried us to the top at Xmas a few years ago. But then he got injured long term along with Theo & we did nothing about in the the Jan transfer window. Here we are again, 2 years on & with a manager that doesnt learn from past mistakes. We have 1 decent DM & he's out until March, we are creating chance after chance ( mainly from Ozil ) & yet we have very poor finishers. Its not rocket science but 2 days ago Wenger is spouting on about people that think buying new players is the solution to everything, well yes Mr Wenger when you leave yourself short in those areas & you have injuries then I'm afraid buying quality players for those positions is your only solution if you want to do more than finish 4th.

Dein-machine
29-12-2015, 04:10 PM
You're overreacting. They haven't scored in the last two games since beating Man City. Hardly a need to panic. Whether they're long term prospects is another issue.

Come on PnG - you watch us enough to see what you see every week. How many chances does Theo need to score one like he did against City. Giroud played the best part of 3 hours of football against a struggling Southampton team & Bournemouth and was ridiculously poor. This is the norm, the Theo wonder goal & the Giroud hatrick happen once in a blue moon. Consistency wins titles, they are not & will never be consistent enough. How much more of either of them do you need to see. Yes, we'll win games with their goals but we'll often lose or draw games because of their poor finshing. You could put Championship strikers in our team at the moment with Ozil on fire & we would be getting better results.

Özim
29-12-2015, 04:27 PM
A home game against a weak team you'd expect us to win, so good to see us do it, bigger tests to come for sure and in terms of pressure there wasn't as much as expected due to Leicester playing City.

Letters
29-12-2015, 05:54 PM
:lol:

GP
29-12-2015, 05:59 PM
:lol:

Textbook

Power n Glory
29-12-2015, 08:50 PM
Come on PnG - you watch us enough to see what you see every week. How many chances does Theo need to score one like he did against City. Giroud played the best part of 3 hours of football against a struggling Southampton team & Bournemouth and was ridiculously poor. This is the norm, the Theo wonder goal & the Giroud hatrick happen once in a blue moon. Consistency wins titles, they are not & will never be consistent enough. How much more of either of them do you need to see. Yes, we'll win games with their goals but we'll often lose or draw games because of their poor finshing. You could put Championship strikers in our team at the moment with Ozil on fire & we would be getting better results.

Am I crazy to talk about them regaining the form that we saw against City? Not sure why you're jumping the gun. I'm hoping they regain their form for the up coming games and keep us in the race. Don't you?

Whether they can keep it going for the rest of the season is a side issue and it's not as if we have any other options or have signed anyone else better than them so that's why I hope they regain their form. I'm not suggesting we give them a year or two so that's why I think your comments are OTT.

Power n Glory
29-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Ozil was on another planet! Good to see him having such a major influence on the outcome of games.