PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal 3-1 Martin Atkinson

Master Splinter
09-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Even first half.

Absolutely battered them in the second. Should have been 7-1. Might have been if Atkinson wasn't cheating from minute one onwards.

Good games from Campbell, Iwobi and Bellerin. Ramsey flipped the game though.

Atkinson :haha:.

Fat Sam :haha:.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Not the greatest of performances but managed to piece a few good attacks even so.

Bellerin's late match sprints. :bow:

Campbell was very good in fairness.

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Apart from one breathtaking piece of cheating in the second half Atkinson really didn't establish a firm foothold and couldn't get his usual game going.

Letters
09-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Three major trophies in a row. It's happening :cool:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Wasn't just me who was getting irritated by Mr Atkinson then

Rather like the rain outside we made heavy weather of it, not that we played badly just either the final pass or the finishing was missing.
Bellerin and Campbell were our best players and we looked far more dangerous when Ramsey came on.
A lot of casual undercooked passes but deserved win in the end.

Xhaka Can’t
09-01-2016, 05:36 PM
It is really classless to criticise the refereeing performance after a win.

I'm disgusted.

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2016, 05:37 PM
I'm disgusting.

:gp:

Xhaka Can’t
09-01-2016, 05:37 PM
You have no idea how disgusting I am.

Marc Overmars
09-01-2016, 05:42 PM
3 in row. :bow:

It's on!

McNamara That Ghost...
09-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Highlights:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35273045

Letters
09-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Bellerin is little bit awesome.

I am invisible
09-01-2016, 08:07 PM
Bellerin and Campbell starting to form a good little partnership down that right side now - lovely one-two on that second goal.

Also, love how calm Campbell is in front of goal at times...

Özim
09-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Campbell :bow:

Özim
09-01-2016, 09:55 PM
Bellerin and Campbell starting to form a good little partnership down that right side now - lovely one-two on that second goal.

Also, love how calm Campbell is in front of goal at times...

Campbell is a talented player, anyone with eyes could see that even before he performed for us, the way he played for his country and other clubs are testament to that.

Not surprised to see him doing well, but very happy he is, but in the end only injuries to players less talented let him have an opportunity which he then duly took.

Letters
10-01-2016, 08:06 AM
Yep. Campbell is another great signing by Wenger.

Wenger :bow:

##

Power n Glory
10-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Only just watching the highlights. Nice assist from Theo and tidy finish from Campbell for the first goal.

Brilliant team goal for the second. What a ball from Campbell.

Bellerin with a good second assist and finish from Giroud.

We shouldn't have conceded that first goal. Kos at fault for that one. Short pass from Gibbs but Gibbs had nowhere to go. Kos had enough time to pass it to Ox and could see the option but didn't choose to pass first time.

Good to hear Campbell played well. Solid player. Ox got a game in the middle. Seems like he has lost that wide position but can't judge on how well he player down the middle from highlights. On to the next round.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-01-2016, 11:34 AM
I thought Iwobi was pretty good and quite a force in midfield. I looked up at times to see him bursting through and thought Diaby had snuck back into the ranks.

Kristian Bieliek (sp?) must be further away than I thought not to be involved at all though...

Niall_Quinn
10-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Ashton at work:

"Arsenal survive scare against Sunderland"

"It was inspired by the magical boots of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, delivering a masterful performance from his favoured position in the centre of Arsenal’s midfield. He oozed class."

ARSENAL: Cech 6.5; Bellerin 7.5, Gabriel 7, Koscielny 6, Gibbs 6.5; Chambers 7 (Arteta 70, 6); Campbell 7.5 (Reine-Adelaide 80, 6), Oxlade-Chamberlain 8.5, Walcott 7; Iwobi 6.5 (Ramsey 70, 7); Giroud 7.5

We're not living in a world of opinions any more. We're living in a world of outright fantasy driven by agendas and the fuckers with the loudest voices are literally painting a reality around us. This is where the Rooney myth originated, this is why Barkley is the next big thing, this is why the jury is still out of Ozil. It's also why governments are democratic and the poverty gap is a sign of a thriving economy and why thieves can get away with it if they wear a tie.

But back to reality.

Walcott and Giroud put in shameful performances and ranked 3 and 4 respectively, Bif higher because he got a goal once he had woken up.

Campbell and Iwobi stepped in to the gap left by the former two going missing.

Ox was undisciplined for the whole match and you could often see him wide left or right having left Iwobi to the be the calmer head on even younger shoulders. It was an extremely mature performance from the kid and he looked great on the ball, very fluent, very composed. But he's not English whereas Ox is, and if you don't think that factors into Ashton's pig agenda then you're dreaming.

Chambers was very, very ordinary. But he didn't make any mistakes so good enough for yesterday against a totally uncommitted Sunderland but nowhere good enough as cover for Coquelin.

As for us being scared, I think every fan knew (before the game and after) this would be a stroll. It turned out to be an even more sedate meander when Sunderland didn't show up. We even scored for them but they offered nothing. People were saying during the match thread, after we went a goal down, this would be an easy win. And so it turned out. That's why the crowd was so quiet. It was all routine. There was never any fear and nobody was scared or had to survive a scare.

What SHIT reporting by a piece of SHIT.

I am invisible
10-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Ramsey and Ox really need to have a look at what's going on at the moment - while they're dicking around trying to be the next Steven Gerrard, Wenger is signing up new central midfielders, and Campbell is quietly making that RW spot his own. Wake up call guys: the top sides don't want Steven Gerrard type midfielders any more! I'm not sure the very best sides ever did...

Xhaka Can’t
10-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Only just watching the highlights. Nice assist from Theo and tidy finish from Campbell for the first goal.

Brilliant team goal for the second. What a ball from Campbell.

Bellerin with a good second assist and finish from Giroud.

We shouldn't have conceded that first goal. Kos at fault for that one. Short pass from Gibbs but Gibbs had nowhere to go. Kos had enough time to pass it to Ox and could see the option but didn't choose to pass first time.

Good to hear Campbell played well. Solid player. Ox got a game in the middle. Seems like he has lost that wide position but can't judge on how well he player down the middle from highlights. On to the next round.

I see the Kos/Gibbs incident differently. Gibbs was under pressure and had to pass but it was off to the left from Kos's perspective and difficult to control.

Power n Glory
10-01-2016, 03:18 PM
I see the Kos/Gibbs incident differently. Gibbs was under pressure and had to pass but it was off to the left from Kos's perspective and difficult to control.

Kos didn't have time to control that ball. I see that as a first time pass situation because even if Kos controls the ball he has to evade Lens who was already closing down the space.

Niall_Quinn
10-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Kos and Bellerin have been fucking up defensively recently. 90% excellent, 10% WTF. Monreal has been our most consistent player this season.

That goal yesterday was a farce. No excuses for either Gibbs or Kos. You put your boot through it when you are under that sort of pressure. Defence 101.

Power n Glory
10-01-2016, 03:48 PM
I thought Gibbs did well to make the tackle and win the ball. He was facing his own goal so trying to turn on the ball whilst under pressure was an unnessary risk. Kos should have dealt with it. He had the easy task. Monreal has been our most consistent defender. If it weren't for Cech we'd have conceded a lot more. Kos and Meets haven't been good this season.

I am invisible
11-01-2016, 07:54 AM
David Bowie is dead - nice one Aaron.

Kano
11-01-2016, 08:18 AM
Wenger out tbh.

Power n Glory
11-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Ramsey is a menace.

selassie
11-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Ramsey and Ox really need to have a look at what's going on at the moment - while they're dicking around trying to be the next Steven Gerrard, Wenger is signing up new central midfielders, and Campbell is quietly making that RW spot his own. Wake up call guys: the top sides don't want Steven Gerrard type midfielders any more! I'm not sure the very best sides ever did...

This.

Especially the bit about Joel Campbell, I had my doubts about him at the start of the season but I'm really starting to warm to him now.

He's doing everything right at the moment, great link up play and he knows where the goal is. He's a very good player and the sooner we tie him down to a long term contract the better.

Bumble
11-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Campbell is a talented player, anyone with eyes could see that even before he performed for us, the way he played for his country and other clubs are testament to that.

Not surprised to see him doing well, but very happy he is, but in the end only injuries to players less talented let him have an opportunity which he then duly took.
lets not go over the top. one good world cup match and a few performance for olympiakos doesn't make him a world beater. he is a decent squad player and wont be more than that. however I think with him and coquelin it should show to wenger that to improve the squad you don't need special special players... one was playing in the Championship before injuries and the other would have been shipped off.

Bumble
11-01-2016, 12:52 PM
League and Cup Double is on.

Master Splinter
11-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Wenger out tbh.

Why was he commenting on Bowie today?

This rakish, old, miserly cunt should focus on signing more players and spending money to avert our impending failure.

Why does he talk about things that don't concern him? Why does he answer questions asked of him even though it's one small moment of a lengthy press conference?

This know-it-all professor skinny cunt has ruined my life today by answering a singular question.

Elneny is shit too.

Wenger is the bane of my life.

Özim
11-01-2016, 05:23 PM

This rakish, old, miserly cunt should focus on signing more players and spending money to avert our impending failure.

Why does he talk about things that don't concern him? Why does he answer questions asked of him even though it's one small moment of a lengthy press conference?

This know-it-all professor skinny cunt has ruined my life today by answering a singular question.

Elneny is shit too.

: Don'tgiveupyourdayjob.gif:

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2016, 10:05 PM

Elneny is shit too.

He's not the bane. He's the safe when adventure would have won more. He's the prudent when risk MIGHT have delivered. Even if it hadn't, it would have been fun taking the risk. Wenger is safe. Translated - that means he's boring. And so are his teams these days.

Except Ozil. I know Wenger appreciates Ozil. But why won't he go the whole way and put it out there and give it a go? He wants to win it safely, and that's BO-RING.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Wenger plays it safe? Not sure I agree with that but that's for another thread, not the match reaction for a stroll pubbed win in the cup.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Wenger plays it safe? Not sure I agree with that but that's for another thread, not the match reaction for a stroll pubbed win in the cup.

Yeah, another thread. But he does. So there.

Kano
11-01-2016, 10:26 PM

Elneny is shit too.

Wengcunt would've sufficed but basically this is the best thing you've ever said.

No doubt someone else wrote it for you.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2016, 10:29 PM
Wengcunt would've sufficed but basically this is the best thing you've ever said.

No doubt someone else wrote it for you.

This isn't the little league. This guy is supposed to be delivering. And the fact is, he isn't. Love him, loathe him. Football is a results industry these days and this guys is way, way short. Roll out the excuses.

If he doesn't win it (actually stroll it) this year then BYE. In all fairness. (Look at other clubs, for example)

Kano
11-01-2016, 10:36 PM
This isn't the little league. This guy is supposed to be delivering. And the fact is, he isn't. Love him, loathe him. Football is a results industry these days and this guys is way, way short. Roll out the excuses.

If he doesn't win it (actually stroll it) this year then BYE. In all fairness. (Look at other clubs, for example)

You didn't say he should die so your post means nothing.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2016, 10:39 PM
You didn't say he should die so your post means nothing.

I love the guy. For his principles, his philosophy, his grounding. BUT. We either accept football as it is or we (as fans) change it. There isn't even the faintest sign the fans are going to change it. The fuckers love it. WE love it.

SO

For the millions paid out. I want the consumer product. Full stop.

This is why I want Wenger to run FIFA. But not our club.

I long since gave up on football.

Kano
11-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Nope, still didn't say it.

Half hearted internet protestors are the worst.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Nope, still didn't say it.

Half hearted internet protestors are the worst.

He should die.

Clutching the trophy.

If only it were still like that, if it was ever like that.

Kano
11-01-2016, 10:47 PM
He should die.

Clutching the trophy.

If only it were still like that, if it was ever like that.

We'll make a man out of you yet. Nice work paedo.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2016, 10:55 PM
We'll make a man out of you yet. Nice work paedo.

My car is over there, if you are interested.

Master Splinter
11-01-2016, 11:08 PM
My car is over there, if you are interested.

That's what Wengcunt the peado says to kids.

Because he's a peado cunt who invites kids into his car.

Niall_Quinn
12-01-2016, 01:31 AM
That's what Wengcunt the peado says to kids.

Because he's a peado cunt who invites kids into his car.

Just so long as he doesn't try to muscle in on my action with the royals.