Pages : 1 2 [3]

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 01:48 PM
No.

GP
27-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Mercedes race engineer to Nico Rosberg: "Look after the right front tyre."

Is there some hope?

Standard radio message. Your best hope is someone doing something stupid.

Niall_Quinn
27-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Ferrari must get their race tactics from Wenger.

McNamara That Ghost...
Ferrari's brain department have taken the day off again.

GP
Ferrari must get their race tactics from Wenger.

I don't think Wenger is involved in F1 much.

Niall_Quinn
27-11-2016, 01:53 PM
I don't think Wenger is involved in F1 much.

Same story with football.

Niall_Quinn
27-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Ferrari's brain department have taken the day off again.

Changed the entire staff and still the same result.

Goonermerree
27-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Standard radio message. Your best hope is someone doing something stupid.

It's not really going to happen because Rosberg is good enough to get a podium finish.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 02:08 PM
They should definitely stick Vettel on different tyres, just to see what happens.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Ocon and Nasr collide.

In comes Vettel, on to super softs. :popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Sainz and Palmer kiss the cars. Both back on track now.

Goonermerree
27-11-2016, 02:20 PM
Sainz and Palmer kiss the cars. Both back on track now.

Nobody kissing bloody Rosberg's car then

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 02:20 PM
Sainz is out.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Nobody kissing bloody Rosberg's car then

Best chance is Vettel going full on Multi 21. I don't think he'll want Hamilton equalling his four though.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Five second time pelanty for Palmer.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 02:25 PM
Vettel passes Ricciardo, just about.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 02:30 PM
Vettel has some overtaking to do but has a chance at nabbing this one.

Niall_Quinn
27-11-2016, 02:30 PM
Hamilton is doing the only thing he can do. What's with the team trying to stop him? The fans don't give a shit about the constructor's title.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Vettel passes Verstappen!

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Ocon goes high jumping.

Niall_Quinn
27-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Hamilton, "I'm actually in the lead right now...", :haha:

Fuck off Mercedes, stop trying to kill the race.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Hamilton is being a complete dick. :lol:

:popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
27-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Rosberg is the world champion.

GP
27-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Congrats to Nico

Goonermerree
Rosberg is the world champion.

I hope Hamilton is a better loser than Rosberg was last year.

Niall_Quinn
Do F1 a favour and fuck off Mercedes. How can they be giving instructions to one of their drivers to lose the title? Corporate shits.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-11-2016, 07:32 PM
Do F1 a favour and fuck off Mercedes. How can they be giving instructions to one of their drivers to lose the title? Corporate shits.

Team orders isn't anything new unfortunately

Personally i think it's just as ridiculous that Rosberg won the title, as for me it should always be about who wins the most races

Then again arguably you could make that argument to take Hamilton's title from him in 2008 (although he would have had more races wins than Massa if the stewards hadn't stolen the Belgian Grand Prix victory from him)

Niall_Quinn
27-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Team orders isn't anything new unfortunately

Personally i think it's just as ridiculous that Rosberg won the title, as for me it should always be about who wins the most races

Then again arguably you could make that argument to take Hamilton's title from him in 2008 (although he would have had more races wins than Massa if the stewards hadn't stolen the Belgian Grand Prix victory from him)

Team orders to secure the constructor's championship, which they had already done. So this is basically them telling one driver to lose a title so the other one can win it. Mercedes had nothing to lose except a race that could have no bearing on them winning both titles, one way or the other. I can't claim Hamilton is one of my favourite people, but with the constructor's title in the bag he has every right to try and win a title today. Hell, other teams have seen their drivers bash each other off the track on the first lap. Today Hamilton was winning the race and trying to do whatever else he could, all within the rules, to win the title. How the team can find fault with that is incredible and illustrative.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-11-2016, 09:27 PM
Team orders to secure the constructor's championship, which they had already done. So this is basically them telling one driver to lose a title so the other one can win it. Mercedes had nothing to lose except a race that could have no bearing on them winning both titles, one way or the other. I can't claim Hamilton is one of my favourite people, but with the constructor's title in the bag he has every right to try and win a title today. Hell, other teams have seen their drivers bash each other off the track on the first lap. Today Hamilton was winning the race and trying to do whatever else he could, all within the rules, to win the title. How the team can find fault with that is incredible and illustrative.

Ferrari have applied team orders not just for the constructors championship but in favour of one driver over another, in 2002 Rubens Barichello was ordered to let Schumacher over take him, and there was already a Ferrari 1-2 at the time.

I'm not saying it's right because it clearly isn't, what I'm saying is Mercedes wouldn't be the first to do it.

I don't have an issue with Lewis Hamilton, he is arrogant and can get agressive but he wants to win and today was another example of that. I think Mercedes did everything in its power to give Rosberg the title this season in order to placate him, and it's Rosberg who has been far more guilty of petulence and dirty tricks on the track.

Power n Glory
27-11-2016, 09:32 PM
Didn't watch the race but sounds like Mercedes have favoured Rosberg again. It's been that way since the end of last season and giving instructions to Hamilton to ensure Rosberg wins the title is as low as it gets. Fix of a season.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-12-2016, 01:25 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38185846

Rosberg retires????

WTF???

GP
02-12-2016, 01:31 PM
I am actually shocked.

Never seen anything like that before.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-12-2016, 01:32 PM
Tosser

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Wow. Good for him. He's left several million tons of cash on the table and a tribe of marketing scumbags speechless for once. Respect.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Wow. Good for him. He's left several million tons of cash on the table and a tribe of marketing scumbags speechless for once. Respect.

well that's certainly a positive spin. And had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he knew that he wasn't in Hamilton's league and this was as good as it got for him.

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2016, 03:11 PM
well that's certainly a positive spin. And had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he knew that he wasn't in Hamilton's league and this was as good as it got for him.

Except he's beaten Hamilton.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Except he's beaten Hamilton.

Well depends if you count having it handed to you on a plate by your team and then actually managing to win less races than the guy you "beat" or not

Regardless, if he believed that in a fair battle he could beat Hamilton he wouldn't have retired.

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Well depends if you count having it handed to you on a plate by your team and then actually managing to win less races than the guy you "beat" or not

Regardless, if he believed that in a fair battle he could beat Hamilton he wouldn't have retired.

Oh come off it. There's no more privileged driver in F1 than Hamilton. He's never sat in anything bar the fastest car, so if Rosberg's pedigree is under examination then Hamilton's should be too. I've watched races where Hamilton dominated Rosberg and vice versa, it has been a fairly close battle over the last few seasons and while Hamilton has come out on top overall he's hardly head and shoulders above. Sometimes you just have to give some credit to the guy who fulfils such a rare ambition. Formula 1 world champ. You don't get there by being afraid to race.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Oh come off it. There's no more privileged driver in F1 than Hamilton. He's never sat in anything bar the fastest car, so if Rosberg's pedigree is under examination then Hamilton's should be too. I've watched races where Hamilton dominated Rosberg and vice versa, it has been a fairly close battle over the last few seasons and while Hamilton has come out on top overall he's hardly head and shoulders above. Sometimes you just have to give some credit to the guy who fulfils such a rare ambition. Formula 1 world champ. You don't get there by being afraid to race.

Hamilton is of course in the fastest car (just like Rosberg), but actually no whenever they have gone directly head to head Hamilton has almost always come out on top and last season won the F1 championship by quite some way.

If Mercedes had not bent over backwards to placate their fellow German there would never have been a contest. And it's not British bias either, i am well aware that Hamilton is an arrogant tool but sometimes mediocre drivers win the F1 Championship and Rosberg is an example of this.

Power n Glory
02-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Hamilton is the better driver. Rosberg would shit his pants when it comes to wheel to wheel action. Listen to his comments about not enjoying the final race and you can see why he's retired.

Power n Glory
02-12-2016, 03:56 PM

When was the last time we've had a world champ that wasn't in one of the fastest cars?

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2016, 04:04 PM
When was the last time we've had a world champ that wasn't in one of the fastest cars?

THE fastest car. We know Mansell, Senna, Schumacher, Vettel were all fast in shit buckets. Hamilton never had that test. Last guy to win it without having a massive advantage under his arse was Raikonnen.

Power n Glory
02-12-2016, 04:15 PM
THE fastest car. We know Mansell, Senna, Schumacher, Vettel were all fast in shit buckets. Hamilton never had that test. Last guy to win it without having a massive advantage under his arse was Raikonnen.

Red Bull had the best car when Vettel won. Vettel's been in a shit bucket with Ferrari this season and didn't win a race.

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Red Bull had the best car when Vettel won. Vettel's been in a shit bucket with Ferrari this season and didn't win a race.

The logic being what? People are complaining about some sort of agenda against Hamilton whereas in fact he's had all the advantages throughout his career. He's the least likely candidate you could say has been disadvantaged. He's not alone. Vettel and Schumacher sat in markedly superior cars, though never with as much advantage on all tracks and in all conditions as these Mercedes seem to have. We haven't seen such an advantage since back in the days of the ridiculous Reno turbos. Plenty of others have taken advantage of the best equipment and that's how it will go in the future, it's not surprising, it's just a fact. But if we call all those drivers worthy champions then why is Rosberg the exception? Hamilton had the car to beat him and he didn't. Last year it was the other way around. So either they are both worthy champions or neither is.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-12-2016, 05:06 PM
The logic being what? People are complaining about some sort of agenda against Hamilton whereas in fact he's had all the advantages throughout his career. He's the least likely candidate you could say has been disadvantaged. He's not alone. Vettel and Schumacher sat in markedly superior cars, though never with as much advantage on all tracks and in all conditions as these Mercedes seem to have. We haven't seen such an advantage since back in the days of the ridiculous Reno turbos. Plenty of others have taken advantage of the best equipment and that's how it will go in the future, it's not surprising, it's just a fact. But if we call all those drivers worthy champions then why is Rosberg the exception? Hamilton had the car to beat him and he didn't. Last year it was the other way around. So either they are both worthy champions or neither is.

Hamilton does have a clear advantage to the rest of the field and no one has disputed that, the point is whether Rosberg was favoured over Hamilton by Mercedes this season and I would argue that there are very strong indicators of that.

Would I and everyone who watches F1 prefer a level playing field where everyone drives a same performance car? I'd love that....that would be fantastic for the sport. But it's not going to happen especially as long as that greedy old fuck Bernie Ecclestone remains at the helm.

Of course there has always been a hierarchy of quality at F1, the difference is it's got worse especially in the last ten years.

But I would say there is a strong case to make that Hamilton would come out on top anyway, he's a better driver than his nearest competitors in terms of raw ability (Vettel and Alonso).

Power n Glory
02-12-2016, 06:00 PM

Logic being you got your facts wrong about Vettel. He didn't win a single GP this season. I rate Hamilton because even when he's had a shit car he has pushed it to it's limits. He's something else in wet conditions and thrives off the pressure. I can't say the same about Rosberg. The fact that he's retiring and not defending his title is suspicious for me.

Most of the titles over the last 10 years have come down to whichever team has the best car and tech. It's nothing new. But my preference when it comes to drivers, Hamilton, Riccardo, Alonso and if Mad Max can learn from his mistakes and keep up the brilliant performances, he'll be up there. I prefer racers.

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Logic being you got your facts wrong about Vettel. He didn't win a single GP this season. I rate Hamilton because even when he's had a shit car he has pushed it to it's limits. He's something else in wet conditions and thrives off the pressure. I can't say the same about Rosberg. The fact that he's retiring and not defending his title is suspicious for me.

Most of the titles over the last 10 years have come down to whichever team has the best car and tech. It's nothing new. But my preference when it comes to drivers, Hamilton, Riccardo, Alonso and if Mad Max can learn from his mistakes and keep up the brilliant performances, he'll be up there. I prefer racers.

Vettel was a great racer when he was younger, and he wasn't sitting in a McLaren. We don't know if Hamilton is a great racer, all we know is he's fast in the best car. But not as fast on as many occasions as Rosberg, it turns out.

Power n Glory
02-12-2016, 09:13 PM
Vettel was a great racer when he was younger, and he wasn't sitting in a McLaren. We don't know if Hamilton is a great racer, all we know is he's fast in the best car. But not as fast on as many occasions as Rosberg, it turns out.

I thought you watched F1?

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2016, 09:19 PM
I thought you watched F1?

Ah well.

Goonermerree
02-12-2016, 09:50 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38185582

'Nico Rosberg retires: 'A classy move from a classy man'

Or a wimp?

GP
02-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Hamilton is undoubtedly faster than Rosberg. It's not even close.

When all is said and done, Lewis Hamilton will be talked about in the same breath as Senna, Prost, Schumacher.

Rosberg will get thrown in with Hill, Villeneuve and Alan Jones.

Power n Glory
02-12-2016, 10:14 PM

Or a wimp?

He knows he can't defend that title. He doesn't enjoy the pressure and has been down a long time so he' s cashing out. It makes me even more suspicious of Mercedes. Nico was a complete mess last season.

Kano
02-12-2016, 10:19 PM

Or a wimp?
Showed nerve to hold out for the title but this is a real bitch move. A real champion comes back to put his hard work on the line, not runs away scared of grafting for it again.

adzzzbatch
02-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Hamilton is undoubtedly faster than Rosberg. It's not even close.

When all is said and done, Lewis Hamilton will be talked about in the same breath as Senna, Prost, Schumacher.

I really hope lewis isn't talked about in the same breath as those greats!

Anyway I thought you were a mclaren fan?

GP
02-12-2016, 10:53 PM
I really hope lewis isn't talked about in the same breath as those greats!

Anyway I thought you were a mclaren fan?

I am, and he will be.

Power n Glory
03-12-2016, 09:35 AM
He has over 50 GP wins under his belt. He's already in the history books with the greats with that record.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-12-2016, 09:58 AM
He has over 50 GP wins under his belt. He's already in the history books with the greats with that record.

Precisely, only Schumacher has won more F1 races than him

To win your first title in only your second season in the sport is also extraordinary

GP
03-12-2016, 02:16 PM
Precisely, only Schumacher has won more F1 races than him

To win your first title in only your second season in the sport is also extraordinary

And missed out in his first by a single point. And he's only 8 away from the all-time pole record. He's a special talent.

Power n Glory
03-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Plus in his debut season his driving partner is Alonso! The defending F1 Champion!

Goonermerree
06-12-2016, 11:47 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38219533
Mercedes: Fernando Alonso could partner Lewis Hamilton - Toto Wolff

Now there's a match made in hell!

Power n Glory
06-12-2016, 02:28 PM
It could work now they're both grown up.

GP
06-12-2016, 03:23 PM
He's contracted to McLaren so it won't be easy to get him.

And frankly I don't think it's worth the hassle. Pretty sure it will be one of their junior drivers. Ocon or Weirlein.

Power n Glory
07-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Mclaren won't make it easy.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/seven-possible-replacements-for-rosberg/

GP
20-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Valtteri Bottas will join AMG Mercedes-Benz

He will be replaced at Williams by... Felipe Massa :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-12-2016, 08:58 PM
That walk at Brazil. :haha:

What a waste of time.

Niall_Quinn
20-12-2016, 11:31 PM

Wow. Does he need it that badly?

Globalgunner
21-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Wow. Does he need it that badly?

Probably the best short term solution they could find. Besides they wanted an experienced drivers as the other chap is a complete rookie. Lewis will have his hands full with Bottas next season tho

Niall_Quinn
05-01-2017, 11:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrrN9LRgnL0

That's better. Montoya really was a very fast driver.

Spot each track. I got 4.

GP
06-01-2017, 12:45 PM
Manor have gone bust. Shame.

GP
16-01-2017, 02:46 PM

Now confirmed.

dull.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-01-2017, 07:12 AM
Bernie Ecclestone is gone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38723001

GP
24-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Bernie Ecclestone is gone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38723001

I was trying to figure out how to phrase it without it sounding like he's dead.

Spoiler: He's not dead.

Niall_Quinn
24-01-2017, 08:56 AM
Why do I get the feeling by the time these yanks have had one season at the helm we'll wish the non-dead Ecclestone was back in charge?

Mind you, I'm not totally against the cars stopping every 5 minutes for ad breaks.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-01-2017, 06:49 PM
I was trying to figure out how to phrase it without it sounding like he's dead.

Spoiler: He's not dead.

Looking at him, nobody can believe that.