PDA

View Full Version : Next home game: Who do you want to see get the 3 points?

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2016, 12:53 AM
Can't believe I'm asking this question, but with my faith in the manager and this team, I genuinely believe we haven't got a hope in hell of winning the league.

But we are capable of doing damage to Leicester's hopes as we saw earlier in the season.

So, bearing this in mind....who do you want to get the 3 points?

GP
03-02-2016, 12:57 AM
Lol

Kano
03-02-2016, 08:07 AM
Arsenal of course because that's the team I support. Fuck Leicester. If they're good enough to win it, losing against us won't decide it.

Seriously, the level of self harming since yesterday is hilarious.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2016, 08:34 AM
I think it is a legitimate question given what we have been watching since the Southampton away game. Frankly I don't care about Leicester being good enough to win it, but I'd rather not see Spurs or City win the League. Pretty much small time thinking I'll admit but I've seen little to indicate we are ready for the big time.

That said I voted for an Arsenal win. I'd never go to a match wanting anything other than an Arsenal win.

A better question would have been, 'if the match was to end in either a draw or a loss, which would you prefer'?

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2016, 08:36 AM
And nobody was 'self harming'. We had a great time at the Pins after the match.

Kano
03-02-2016, 08:50 AM
I think it is a legitimate question given what we have been watching since the Southampton away game. Frankly I don't care about Leicester being good enough to win it, but I'd rather not see Spurs or City win the League. Pretty much small time thinking I'll admit but I've seen little to indicate we are ready for the big time.

That said I voted for an Arsenal win. I'd never go to a match wanting anything other than an Arsenal win.

A better question would have been, 'if the match was to end in either a draw or a loss, which would you prefer'?

I live by the simple rule that if Arsenal can't win something, I don't really care who else wins it in the long run, it won't ruin my life.

And the self harming comment is more about on here and the net in general. There is going to be even more repititive posting going on until the end of the season and beyond. I'm sure you had a ball after the game because when you're with friends it's far easier to realise and focus on the things that are more important.

Marc Overmars
03-02-2016, 09:02 AM
Leicester win hopefully.

Letters
03-02-2016, 09:21 AM
So it's come to this... :lol:

Arsenal, obviously. Despite our annual freefall we are still in with a chance. IF we win the next 2 then we'll be no worse than 2 points off the top.

I am struggling to keep up my cheery optimism but we're not completely out of it. We have to start winning again at some point...don't we? :unsure:

:ilt:

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2016, 10:02 AM
We've got ZERO chance and we never had a chance. Not with the idiot in charge. Without that idiot in charge I believe we'd have walked this title. But nobody can overcome such a huge burden as the idiot. We have zero chance and it will be a shame if we harm the chances of the first genuine club to be challenging in years. The idiot thinks we played well yesterday, he thinks we got unlucky, he blames the ref, he hasn't mentioned anything about his idiocy in the team selection or his idiocy in failing to set out tactics, or his idiocy in dispensing with in-game tactical changes, or his idiotic substitutions. So while I won't be able to avoid wanting us to win our next home game, I'm pretty sure there will be a just outcome as the idiot will fuck it up like he always does.

I haven't voted. I'd vote for the club but that would also mean voting for the idiot. And I can't vote against. The idiot is such an idiot he leaves fans needing a "none of the above" option in a two option poll.

Globalgunner
03-02-2016, 10:27 AM
If 3 points against us prevents the Spuds from winning the title, then I will take the loss. As it is I see City winning it and Leicester coming 2nd. The Spuds may finish above us and United may stumble into contention again. We have no chance of winning it with the Muppet in charge, the question is do we end up 4th or 5th.?

selassie
03-02-2016, 10:48 AM
So it's come to this... :lol:

Arsenal, obviously. Despite our annual freefall we are still in with a chance. IF we win the next 2 then we'll be no worse than 2 points off the top.

I am struggling to keep up my cheery optimism but we're not completely out of it. We have to start winning again at some point...don't we? :unsure:

I highly doubt we'll finish above Man City TBH, they are starting to put a consistent run together. I'm not convinced we'll finish above Spurs either. They are a very solid team now with a manager who is pound for pound one of the best tacticians in the league.

If we finish above Leicester and Spurs great, but it's what is expected of us anyway. We've made a real mess of it over the last month and only have ourselves to blame.

Power n Glory
03-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Arsenal of course because that's the team I support. Fuck Leicester. If they're good enough to win it, losing against us won't decide it.

Seriously, the level of self harming since yesterday is hilarious.

You should try it. Go ahead. Grab a knife. We're rooting for ya.

Power n Glory
03-02-2016, 11:00 AM
We still have a chance to win the league. I just hope Wenger and the players have had the last firm kick up the ass they need.

Letters
03-02-2016, 11:21 AM
We still have a chance to win the league. I just hope Wenger and the players have had the last firm kick up the ass they need.

I have zero confidence in us right now but I also know from experience how quickly things can change, win the next few and things will feel different.
It is pretty depressing though. Spurs are looking better than us. Spurs! :lol:

Kano
03-02-2016, 11:35 AM
I highly doubt we'll finish above Man City TBH, they are starting to put a consistent run together. I'm not convinced we'll finish above Spurs either. They are a very solid team now with a manager who is pound for pound one of the best tacticians in the league.

If we finish above Leicester and Spurs great, but it's what is expected of us anyway. We've made a real mess of it over the last month and only have ourselves to blame.
City have grabbed 12 points since boxing day, we've taken 9, plus I don't think they've won back to back games all season. Still remains to be seen if they get their shit together. I'm not convinced at all.

Spurs are overperforming, like Leciester and it remains to be seen if they can keep this up with one striker once the Europa kicks in and going deeper into the FA Cup.

No doubt we have ourselves to blame but as most people believed we had no chance in the beginning, I don't understand the level of disappointment as the team have met expectations. We still have a chance in this screwed up league, we'll know for sure by the end of March who is and isn't in with a shout of the title.

Letters
03-02-2016, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure about Spurs. When they came to the Emirates...they didn't dominate like some seem to think but they certainly had spells of domination (as did we).
It was a good game and, hate to say it, the best Spurs side I've seen in the Wenger era.

JaneEmily
03-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Bit of a no-brainer. Arsenal obviously. I just don't understand the knee-jerk reactions. We're still in this race. A 0-0 draw doesn't suddenly magic our chances away. 0_0
We can get 6 points from Bournemouth AND Leicester. Sure the latter might be tough considering they're doing a grand job on the big sides in the league (surprisingly) this season but our title chances aren't out of the window yet. The race is wide open, with the whole top 4 competing for it :S

Marc Overmars
03-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Bit of a no-brainer. Arsenal obviously. I just don't understand the knee-jerk reactions. We're still in this race. A 0-0 draw doesn't suddenly magic our chances away. 0_0
We can get 6 points from Bournemouth AND Leicester. Sure the latter might be tough considering they're doing a grand job on the big sides in the league (surprisingly) this season but our title chances aren't out of the window yet. The race is wide open, with the whole top 4 competing for it :S

To be honest I agree with most of that, it's such a weird season. While the reaction to last night might be extreme, I'm not sure I'd call it knee jerk. The feelings of anger and disappointment come from a very real place.

Letters
03-02-2016, 11:57 AM
The reaction is extreme but such is the nature of the internet, and this board in particular.
But it's not kneejerk. Even I am starting to snap. The title is there for the taking this year and we're making a massive balls up of it right now.
Things could change in a few games of course but we cannot keep cocking games like this up.

selassie
03-02-2016, 11:58 AM
City have grabbed 12 points since boxing day, we've taken 9, plus I don't think they've won back to back games all season. Still remains to be seen if they get their shit together. I'm not convinced at all.

Spurs are overperforming, like Leciester and it remains to be seen if they can keep this up with one striker once the Europa kicks in and going deeper into the FA Cup.

No doubt we have ourselves to blame but as most people believed we had no chance in the beginning, I don't understand the level of disappointment as the team have met expectations. We still have a chance in this screwed up league, we'll know for sure by the end of March who is and isn't in with a shout of the title.

Yeah, just checked their recent results in PL, they drew against West Ham in their previous game, it's their last 2 cup games and league win last night that has been like a mini revival for them. If I was a betting man I'd put money down on City to win the league to be honest, I've watched bits and pieces of their recent games and they look like they are starting to put it together, they are not invincible but have the experience and know how of all the challenging teams and that counts for something.

Are Spurs really over performing? if you look closely at their team it's arguably a top 4 side, Kane IMO is the 2nd best striker in the league behind Aguero, Eriksen is a very good player and PL established, Lloris is a very good keeper, they have two very good PL established CB's who are internationals, Alli is an outstanding young talent, I hate them as much as the next man but they really do have the makings of a very good team. Add to the fact they have a very good progressive young manager, Pochettino is no joke, he's built very good sides at Espanyol, Southampton and now Spurs. Leicester are overachieving I'll give you that.

It's too early to say if we have or haven't met expectations...but in the 2nd half of last season we were the best team in the league, many tipped us to really challenge this season, I thought we'd challenge irrespective of what others did and I still do expect us to challenge. We have done to a degree, but we've dropped a lot of points recently in a all too familiar manner.

The issue I have is with all the others stuff that was within our control to give ourselves a better chance, it's been discussed to death on here.

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2016, 12:10 PM
I guess you have to decide if watching the same thing over and over and over and over again and then expecting something to change is reasonable. Is it reasonable to suppose we are in this title hunt, even if it's only on the basis of our traditional rivals being so below par? I suggest it's totally unreasonable because we've been here many, many times and always suffered the same outcome. Of course change is always possible, no matter how unlikely. Except in one case. Wenger. Change is not possible with Wenger. How has he managed to survive this long with so little to show for it and not a hint he has recognised let alone acknowledged his glaring errors and miscalculations? Never in the field of sports was so much owed by one bloke to so many. He came, he saw, he fucked it right up.

JaneEmily
03-02-2016, 12:17 PM
The reaction is extreme but such is the nature of the internet, and this board in particular.
But it's not kneejerk. Even I am starting to snap. The title is there for the taking this year and we're making a massive balls up of it right now.
Things could change in a few games of course but we cannot keep cocking games like this up.

Well I don't mean on GW specifically. I mean on places like Twitter I've seen accounts saying that we're bottling it. I agree that we should be doing better, as it's always been the case - the teams we should be getting points from; we're dropping against.

IBK
03-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Very strange OP, and the poll results say it all. Given that I am convinced now that we will continue to screw up the title, though, my second choice for the league is Leicester all the way.

IBK
03-02-2016, 12:25 PM

There is a difference between logic/aspiration and reality when it comes to this team. I'm not sure that responses can be characterised as 'knee jerk' when the reality is that people are making predictions based on the past half a dozen seasons rather than half a dozen games.

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Sun rises, sun sets. Arsenal flatters, Arsenal collapses. Sun rises, sun sets...

Ernesto
03-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Depends on the next game. If we beat Bournemouth and Leicester/Manchester city is a draw, then I hope we win.

If we lose to Bournemouth, I honestly couldn't care less about this bunch of muppets. Leicester to beat us to stop Manchester city winning it.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-02-2016, 02:27 PM
GB just wants to bet against us.

But yes Arsenal. And we will.

The Emirates Gallactico
04-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Us. Even though it looks increasingly unlikely with the hard away games we still have, we're still in it especially considering the patchy form of everyone in the league.

Chippy
05-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Good post in my opinion! To stop Spu#s and City, I would rather lose! This post would not be on here if we had a decent Manager and players that actually give a fuck!