PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Leicester - Sunday, 14 February, 12:00 SS1

Pages : [1] 2 3

Munchies
08-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Martin Atkinson will officiate Arsenal v Leicester. The Gunners have won one and lost five of the last seven he has refereed.

Must win. :doh:

Kano
08-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Easy win.

Marc Overmars
08-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Going this. :popcorn:

Really looking forward to it, massive game. We need to send out a message here and end this Leicester charade once and for all.

Don't care if we fluke it, just get the win. If we don't win I fear with United and Spurs away to come we will probably be out of it.

Letters
09-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Midday on Valentine's Day
Letters chances of watching it are low to negligible :(
Could be for the best.

Marc Overmars
09-02-2016, 10:30 AM
Quite happy this is a very early kick off. Valentine's duties are not until the evening for me.

selassie
09-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Biggest game of our season so far, we have to win this!

Niall_Quinn
09-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Really depends what Mr Wenger does in terms of team selection. If he sticks with Mr Ramsey and Mr Flamini in midfield then we're intercoursed.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Really depends what Mr Wenger does in terms of team selection. If he sticks with Mr Ramsey and Mr Flamini in midfield then we're intercoursed.

Very true

AFC Leveller
09-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Leicester are a very good team, they run and run, they have goal scorers, they have players who can make a difference and apart from a 1-0 loss at Anfield in December, they have NOT lost away in the league since last season. They are set up to counter attack, they are a threat on set pieces and are full of confidence. We are at home though and being the only team to have beaten them at home should play on their mind and make this an interesting game.

If we play Coquelin, Gabriel and Campbell instead of the tried and failed trio of Merts, Ox and Flamini then i can see us winning this. Same story regarding tactics and formation, we have to start on the front foot and go at them without being stupid by over committing players.

3-2.

Dein-machine
09-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Midday on Valentine's Day
Letters chances of watching it are low to negligible :(
Could be for the best.

You should be alright - Arsene's busy at the Emirates for most of the day so he wont mind if you watch it. Why not suggest a late dinner, just hope we don't lose cos he wont be in such a romantic mood.

Letters
09-02-2016, 03:36 PM
I see. The joke there being that Wenger and myself are in a relationship?
Well done. Very good.

Niall_Quinn
09-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Arsene's busy at the Emirates for most of the day

Busy is a bit of a stretch, unless he has issues with the coat again.

fakeyank
10-02-2016, 01:54 AM
Transiting through London during this game :scarf:

:run:

AFC Leveller
10-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Busy is a bit of a stretch, unless he has issues with the coat again.

post game interview after a 3-1 loss:

"We were surprised by their high pressing game and work rate and were caught on the break which we didnt expect"

milla
10-02-2016, 01:15 PM

"We were surprised by their high pressing game and work rate and were caught on the break which we didnt expect"

:haha:

Letters
10-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Transiting through London during this game :scarf:

:run:

Just don't leave air side, if you're not technically in the country then hopefully your curse won't affect us.

If it does...

:threaten:

Marc Overmars
11-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Sounds like there is nothing new on the injury front. Same squad as last week.

WUMger did say Welbeck would in contention for Hull next week though. :o

Gooner23
11-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Santi possibly back for March as well. That would be a massive boost.

selassie
12-02-2016, 09:23 AM

:haha:

selassie
12-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Santi possibly back for March as well. That would be a massive boost.

We'll be out of the title race by then so it will be a welcome boost for our top 4 quest ;)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-02-2016, 10:42 AM

I've never understood this, by his own words and by anyone who tells you about him, Wenger lives, breathes and sleeps football he is the first person at the training ground and the last one to leave. He's also patently not in anyway a stupid man far from it, and yet we always seem hideously unprepared going into games?. I don't get it.

Marc Overmars
12-02-2016, 11:30 AM
Hopefully he has done his homework for this. We really need to match their work rate and cover every single area of the pitch to nullify them, that means not emptying the bloody midfield and giving Mahrez freedom to kill us. Balls over the top will also be an issue because Vardy chases everything down like a madman. I can easily see us losing this if we don't settle quickly and rely on the auto pilot setting to plod along.

Niall_Quinn
12-02-2016, 11:50 AM
I've never understood this, by his own words and by anyone who tells you about him, Wenger lives, breathes and sleeps football he is the first person at the training ground and the last one to leave. He's also patently not in anyway a stupid man far from it, and yet we always seem hideously unprepared going into games?. I don't get it.

He seems to get confused between how he thinks things should be and how they actually are. If he trusts his players and they go out there and pit technical wits against what he considers to be the crude version of the game then the technicians will prevail. He should be in another league really, the PL is the most unsuited league imaginable for the type of football he wants to play. Unfortunately when he does compromise, as we have seen over the last few months with his negative response to the team grabbing leads, he's exposed as a rank amateur. If we're going to do the defensive, time wasting thing the players should be adding the finishing touches by diving around the place and feigning injury and trying to get the opposition sent off - the usual PL stuff. We don't do any of that, not properly at least.

selassie
12-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Hopefully he has done his homework for this. We really need to match their work rate and cover every single area of the pitch to nullify them, that means not emptying the bloody midfield and giving Mahrez freedom to kill us. Balls over the top will also be an issue because Vardy chases everything down like a madman. I can easily see us losing this if we don't settle quickly and rely on the auto pilot setting to plod along.

Aye me too, I think the game will potentially be won and lost in Midfield, I'm hoping Le Coq is brought back for this and partnered with Rambo. Rambo can't be going walkabout, he needs to stick to his task because they are strong and workman like in Midfield.

I'd also bring Theo in for OX, Theo is off form but is a big game player.

Really need a big performance on Sunday, we need to put down our statement of intent.

Niall_Quinn
12-02-2016, 03:03 PM
With every chance of a draw between the gypos and spuds this is the biggest must win we've faced this season, including the CL scrape through. If we're on the wrong side of this weekends results then that's the end of it.

Alpha
12-02-2016, 04:22 PM
He seems to get confused between how he thinks things should be and how they actually are. If he trusts his players and they go out there and pit technical wits against what he considers to be the crude version of the game then the technicians will prevail. He should be in another league really, the PL is the most unsuited league imaginable for the type of football he wants to play. Unfortunately when he does compromise, as we have seen over the last few months with his negative response to the team grabbing leads, he's exposed as a rank amateur. If we're going to do the defensive, time wasting thing the players should be adding the finishing touches by diving around the place and feigning injury and trying to get the opposition sent off - the usual PL stuff. We don't do any of that, not properly at least.

I am really confused if you are talking about Wenger who is worldwide recognised as a big coach and whose team is still in the title fight. Is this illusion of many fans thinking they know more than the real professionals becoming a fashion? Everyone can make mistakes but to judge someone in his profession you must be highly qualified in that career.

Niall_Quinn
12-02-2016, 04:32 PM
I am really confused if you are talking about Wenger who is worldwide recognised as a big coach and whose team is still in the title fight. Is this illusion of many fans thinking they know more than the real professionals becoming a fashion? Everyone can make mistakes but to judge someone in his profession you must be highly qualified in that career.

Possibly. But it could also be a case of some so-called professionals being outed as just as clueless as the rest of us when it comes to actually delivering results. No, I don't need to be qualified to speculate as to why Wenger hasn't been able to deliver for such a protracted period of time. I said "seems", I didn't attempt to make a statement of fact.

I think the most perplexing aspect of this is some fans feel they are not permitted to comment at all.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-02-2016, 08:22 PM
I am sick of this Leicester suckfest now.

The media have to ruin everything, so like MO says, please end this charade. :pray:

Munchies
12-02-2016, 11:23 PM
Have to start the first half strong

Get an early goal and we've won

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-02-2016, 08:56 AM
I am sick of this Leicester suckfest now.

The media have to ruin everything, so like MO says, please end this charade. :pray:

Actually to be fair the media are having to eat Humble pie as far as Leicester City are concerned, have been totally dismissive of them until recently and now because they are having to acknowledge that they should be taken seriously they have turned it into the mother of print blow jobs.
I want us to beat Leicester tomorrow because it's our ticket back in the title race after deciding to stop and scratch our nuts against Chelsea and Southampton, but frankly I think the media attention is Leicester reaping the respect it has been due for quite some time.

Power n Glory
13-02-2016, 09:19 AM

We can get carried away with the armchair manager stuff but after almost 20 years of watching Wenger and Arsenal, wouldn't it be sad if no fan had an opinion or clue on how we should be playing?

Niall_Quinn
13-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Actually to be fair the media are having to eat Humble pie as far as Leicester City are concerned, have been totally dismissive of them until recently and now because they are having to acknowledge that they should be taken seriously they have turned it into the mother of print blow jobs.
I want us to beat Leicester tomorrow because it's our ticket back in the title race after deciding to stop and scratch our nuts against Chelsea and Southampton, but frankly I think the media attention is Leicester reaping the respect it has been due for quite some time.

It could be said the media are also professional, in the modern context.

Alpha
13-02-2016, 04:28 PM
We can get carried away with the armchair manager stuff but after almost 20 years of watching Wenger and Arsenal, wouldn't it be sad if no fan had an opinion or clue on how we should be playing?

A fan having a dream is not too bad in theory but practise is always different . I remember how Alan Shearer was teaching people how to coach a team . when Newcastle were in trouble, figthing for relegation ,everyone was saying he was the only one who could save the situation but he couldn't . Recently Gary Neville showed us , by his good analyse , how football should be played but unfortunetaly, in charge of Valencia , he aien't showing what a genius he seemed to be on screen .

Niall_Quinn
13-02-2016, 05:03 PM
A fan having a dream is not too bad in theory but practise is always different . I remember how Alan Shearer was teaching people how to coach a team . when Newcastle were in trouble, figthing for relegation ,everyone was saying he was the only one who could save the situation but he couldn't . Recently Gary Neville showed us , by his good analyse , how football should be played but unfortunetaly, in charge of Valencia , he aien't showing what a genius he seemed to be on screen .

And this relates to Wenger's decade of dull, grey, unambitious averageness - how? Is he exonerated or immune to criticism because Alan Shearer fucked up in some way?

Ernesto
13-02-2016, 07:31 PM
I was confident of beating Leicester this time last week. The more and more I think about it, I'm not so sure any more ��

Power n Glory
13-02-2016, 07:36 PM

Exactly how NQ puts it. Are we to have no opinion because we've never done it? Does that apply across the whole of Arsenal FC? Players, board....

AFC Leveller
13-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Some reports that Gabriel is out for three weeks.

Merts V Vardy it is then..

Niall_Quinn
13-02-2016, 08:09 PM

:haha: if true

Our training must be the most lethal ever devised.

Niall_Quinn
13-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Quite an interesting piece from Danny Murphy. Looks like he may have had to think a bit about this one, which is unusual in his profession.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35553082

Alpha
13-02-2016, 08:20 PM
And this relates to Wenger's decade of dull, grey, unambitious averageness - how? Is he exonerated or immune to criticism because Alan Shearer fucked up in some way?

I am not saying he is immuned against any criticism or they are not founded . But the bottom line is , before making any criticism , it is wise also to consider all the facts surrounding the circonstances .
The main cause for the so called wenger's failure was the building of the new stadium which limited his transfer's funds . Then , there is his youth policy which did not work and he has given it up .
You have to consider how many times he was close to lifting a major trophy and what were the reasons of those near misses . There are also also his consistency in top 4 finish and regular participations to the champions's league and his two recent consecutives FA Cup. Then ,you need to compare his achievments if there is any with those of the coaches who had the same limited funds like him .
Taking everything into account may helpdrowing a fair conclusion .

Kano
13-02-2016, 08:33 PM

Wouldn't Kos be taking care of him? From what Wenger said yesterday neither talk much on the pitch because Gabriel doesn't have much of an English vocabulary and Kos rarely speaks anyway. That lack of communication has shown quite a bit in recent games too. It's almost been like Vermaelen and Kos all over again.

Niall_Quinn
13-02-2016, 09:26 PM
I am not saying he is immuned against any criticism or they are not founded . But the bottom line is , before making any criticism , it is wise also to consider all the facts surrounding the circonstances .
The mmain cause for so called wenger's failure was the building of the new stadium which limited his transfer's funds . Then , there is his youth policy which did not work and he has given it up .
You have to consider how many times he was close and what were the reasons of those near misses . There are also also his consistency in top 4 finish and participations in champions's league and his two consecutives FA Cup. Then ,you need to compare his achievments if there is any with those of the coaches who had the same limited funds like him .
Taking everything into account may helpdrowing a fair conclusion .

That's one way of looking at it, and a very generous way at that.

Another way to look at it is to consider the promises that were made when the club uprooted and moved out of Highbury to a new stadium, doubling ticket prices, selling the best players and slashing the transfer budget to do it. We were to emerge from that move competing at the top of the game. And yet what have we seen? Yes Ozil, yes Alexis, yes Cech, all superb players. But look at the dross around them. We still have a hole in the middle, we are still missing a striker. And look at the last transfer window, we bring in an absolute nobody who the manager now informs us is not up to scratch for this league yet. How does that rank as ambition to be top of the tree? But all that's a matter of opinion. What's not in question is that one small group of men have banked half a billion and another small group are on their way to banking even more, despite the period of austerity during the stadium move. That's a 100% success rate for the minority and a pack of lies, excuses, also-ran finishes and a couple of consolation cups that have unfortunately only served to prolong the situation. One man has been en ever present through it all. He's not hiding his allegiances any more, he's been pretty blatant about it of late. So he's a dishonest man, along with his cronies at the top but you wouldn't really expect anything else from them.

On the pitch it has been the same old garbage, worse really as our game deteriorates season on season even with the likes of Ozil in the team. This year, when all his excuses have been brushed away, the money, the doping, the fixture lists, the pitch or whatever he comes up with next - with the chavs imploding, the gypos misfiring, utd being ravaged by another dinosaur - how are we doing? These were his excuses as to why his alleged competency wasn't enough to clinch a major honour, which is his job at this level. A decade of reasons why we almost did this, or could have done that if only. Well that competition evaporated and what happened? Leicester City moved into the vacated spot and Wenger delivered the same as ever. Should we ignore this? Is another nearly season acceptable now that the reasons we couldn't win it before have disappeared? Of course he never accepted the underinvestment, instead preferring to pretend there was no quality out there. He never accepted the fault might lie with his determination to pick sub-standard players and expect exceptional returns. This is the man who signed Yaya Sanogo and actually played him in a CL game, let's not forget.

If you are saying this man has managed the club well and utilised his resources in the best possible way then I really don't think you'll be able to sell that, except maybe to the most committed Wengerphiles. How long can his excuses stand considering almost every condition has existed in the last 10 years? We've been short of funds, had plenty of funds, faced dopers, watched dopers collapse, the economy has been up, the economy has been down. This is like a man hoping to achieve through probability because he doesn't have the means to do it any other way. Give him long enough and eventually even he can stumble into success. Well if it's not going to be this year then when could it ever be?

I assume you think he should be sacked if he doesn't win the title that has been set on a plate before him this season? Surely you must see we can't persist with a guy who can't even take a gift wrapped in a bow?

Even if he does win it he should go because he's been part of the stadium fraud.

Xhaka Can’t
13-02-2016, 09:39 PM
:haha: if true

Our training must be the most lethal ever devised.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/arsenal-reluctantly-drops-jousting-from-training-schedule-20151112103810

Power n Glory
13-02-2016, 10:30 PM
Wouldn't Kos be taking care of him? From what Wenger said yesterday neither talk much on the pitch because Gabriel doesn't have much of an English vocabulary and Kos rarely speaks anyway. That lack of communication has shown quite a bit in recent games too. It's almost been like Vermaelen and Kos all over again.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/arsenal/arsene_wenger_reveals_arsenal_defender_problem_bef ore_crucial_leicester_clash_1_4416963

Partly why I think Merts is needed. Two players that don't communicate with each other leads to confusion.

Xhaka Can’t
13-02-2016, 10:39 PM
I too am looking forward to the assured presence of Per Mertesacker.

Alpha
13-02-2016, 10:45 PM
That's one way of looking at it, and a very generous way at that.

Another way to look at it is to consider the promises that were made when the club uprooted and moved out of Highbury to a new stadium, doubling ticket prices, selling the best players and slashing the transfer budget to do it. We were to emerge from that move competing at the top of the game. And yet what have we seen? Yes Ozil, yes Alexis, yes Cech, all superb players. But look at the dross around them. We still have a hole in the middle, we are still missing a striker. And look at the last transfer window, we bring in an absolute nobody who the manager now informs us is not up to scratch for this league yet. How does that rank as ambition to be top of the tree? But all that's a matter of opinion. What's not in question is that one small group of men have banked half a billion and another small group are on their way to banking even more, despite the period of austerity during the stadium move. That's a 100% success rate for the minority and a pack of lies, excuses, also-ran finishes and a couple of consolation cups that have unfortunately only served to prolong the situation. One man has been en ever present through it all. He's not hiding his allegiances any more, he's been pretty blatant about it of late. So he's a dishonest man, along with his cronies at the top but you wouldn't really expect anything else from them.

On the pitch it has been the same old garbage, worse really as our game deteriorates season on season even with the likes of Ozil in the team. This year, when all his excuses have been brushed away, the money, the doping, the fixture lists, the pitch or whatever he comes up with next - with the chavs imploding, the gypos misfiring, utd being ravaged by another dinosaur - how are we doing? These were his excuses as to why his alleged competency wasn't enough to clinch a major honour, which is his job at this level. A decade of reasons why we almost did this, or could have done that if only. Well that competition evaporated and what happened? Leicester City moved into the vacated spot and Wenger delivered the same as ever. Should we ignore this? Is another nearly season acceptable now that the reasons we couldn't win it before have disappeared? Of course he never accepted the underinvestment, instead preferring to pretend there was no quality out there. He never accepted the fault might lie with his determination to pick sub-standard players and expect exceptional returns. This is the man who signed Yaya Sanogo and actually played him in a CL game, let's not forget.

If you are saying this man has managed the club well and utilised his resources in the best possible way then I really don't think you'll be able to sell that, except maybe to the most committed Wengerphiles. How long can his excuses stand considering almost every condition has existed in the last 10 years? We've been short of funds, had plenty of funds, faced dopers, watched dopers collapse, the economy has been up, the economy has been down. This is like a man hoping to achieve through probability because he doesn't have the means to do it any other way. Give him long enough and eventually even he can stumble into success. Well if it's not going to be this year then when could it ever be?

I assume you think he should be sacked if he doesn't win the title that has been set on a plate before him this season? Surely you must see we can't persist with a guy who can't even take a gift wrapped in a bow?

Even if he does win it he should go because he's been part of the stadium fraud.

Personnaly , I think he has done a fantastic job at the club . But his stubborness when it comes to spending money on transfer has cost him dearly . He has that tendency of proving he can win a major trophy without spending big . He used to do it in the past but things have changed .
Playing Sanogo in champion's league was not bad at all as we won that game and he wanted to punish Giroud who was complaisant . We had only Sanogo as a fit striker as Walcott was injured . There is nothing he could have done as Sanogo did not grab his chance like Joe Campbell did recently . You can not blame Wenger for giving a chance to a young player .

Niall_Quinn
13-02-2016, 11:21 PM
Personnaly , I think he has done a fantastic job at the club . But his stubborness when it comes to spending money on transfer has cost him dearly . He has that tendency of proving he can win a major trophy without spending big . He used to do it in the past but things have changed .
Playing Sanogo in champion's league was not bad at all as we won that game and he wanted to punish Giroud who was complaisant . We had only Sanogo as a fit striker as Walcott was injured . There is nothing he could have done as Sanogo did not grab his chance like Joe Campbell did recently . You can not blame Wenger for giving a chance to a young player .

I didn't mention Sanogo so we could have a conversation about his contribution on the day. He was mentioned as a glaring example of the second rate status Wenger has baked into this club, and many of the fans I would say. For the same reason we have Flamini playing in midfield, a guy who thought he was attending keep fit classes but ends up as our midfield anchor for a key part of our season. Wenger blows the summer transfer window, again claiming he can't find anything better than what we have and does he learn a lesson? Not at all. Instead he pulls another Kallstrom stunt landing us with "reinforcements" that aren't ready to walk on the pitch. And this is just one aspect of his unsuitability to manage a club at the top level. One of many. If we lose this gift wrapped title it will all be on Wenger. All of it.

Well if we can grab the 3 points against Leicester there's still hope we can somehow collapse over the line in first place. And that really is the best you could hope for with this guy in charge because you just know he'll make mistake after mistake during the run-in. Of course if we had Ranieri at the helm I'd be celebrating already. He's blown the Wenger myth to smithereens this season.

Niall_Quinn
13-02-2016, 11:58 PM
Leicester players will be whisked off on an all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas if they win the Premier League.

They are too professional to be deterred by this.

Munchies
14-02-2016, 08:30 AM
F'n nervous

COYG ffs

Munchies
14-02-2016, 09:51 AM
A twitter ITK is saying this is the team

https://twitter.com/DeejayDt/with_replies

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbKVXnzXIAAOC83.jpg

:ilt:

Power n Glory
14-02-2016, 09:55 AM

Pay no attention. Teams haven't been announced yet.

Munchies
14-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Hopefully. Knowing WUMger though, who knows.

---

omg LMAO

Arsenal manager says he watched N'Golo Kante when the midfielder was a youngster

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10166939/arsenal-manager-says-he-watched-ngolo-kante-when-the-midfielder-was-a-youngster

Another one!

selassie
14-02-2016, 10:59 AM

If we start with Flams & Ramsey in midfield we'll lose today.

Munchies
14-02-2016, 11:01 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbK4nBEWcAAOdrl.jpg

phew!

Campbell > Ox though

Welbeck :o

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Twitter. :haha:

Welbz is alive!

selassie
14-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Gabriel out then? I wonder how long for?

Kano
14-02-2016, 11:05 AM
People ITK on Twatter :lol:

fakeyank
14-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Thanks to the supreme leader of Gods, Allah, Coquelin is starting!

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Leicester: Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Okazaki, Vardy.

Munchies
14-02-2016, 11:16 AM
Thanks to the supreme leader of Gods, Allah, Coquelin is starting!

:bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Sky's tribute to Leicester is on now.

Master Splinter
14-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Shame that the Walcott up front option seems to have been abandoned.

Hope we play well, score lots of goals and win.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Henry and Carragher in the studio.

Munchies
14-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Guys, I'm f'n nervous

lose and it's 8 pts
win and it's 2

:sick:

Munchies
14-02-2016, 11:40 AM
https://twitter.com/IAMFRIMPONG26/status/698831075234152449

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 11:41 AM
Nobody loves you Frimpong.

Kano
14-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Gabriel has pulled a hamstring according to Sky.

Wenger should be sacked on the spot tbh tbf imho

selassie
14-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Guys, I'm f'n nervous

lose and it's 8 pts
win and it's 2

:sick:

Me too, our season is at stake here, it's a must win.

Kano
14-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Shame that the Walcott up front option seems to have been abandoned.

Hope we play well, score lots of goals and win.

I think while Feo has abandoned the concept of playing football, it's not such a bad thing.

Kano
14-02-2016, 11:46 AM
I guess Smudger will be co-commentating today. At least we know which team he'll be supporting.

Master Splinter
14-02-2016, 11:47 AM
I think while Feo has abandoned the concept of playing football, it's not such a bad thing.

It was his stint on the left that rendered him useless, tbf.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 11:51 AM
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Kano
14-02-2016, 11:52 AM
It was his stint on the left that rendered him useless, tbf.
The scent of another contract should get him going again.

Master Splinter
14-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Huth to be sternly spoken to for his twelfth elbow of the day on the 89th minute.

Coquelin sent off for his first interception.

Munchies
14-02-2016, 11:58 AM
COYG :sick:

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 11:59 AM
COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-0 up in 10 mins please :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Penguin
Come on Arsenal :scarf:

Thierrymon
Have Leicester had to deal with many injuries this season? Feel like it is the same team every game.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:01 PM
nice move!

McNamara That Ghost...
I wish Ox had gone for goal there, he was far ahead of the play.

McNamara That Ghost...
Alexis header, drifts wide.

adzzzbatch
ooooooooooo

GP
Ohh!

Good start. Lets fuck these fucks.

Master Splinter
Good start.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Alexis shoulder actually. :lol:

GP
I wish Ox had gone for goal there, he was far ahead of the play.

Should have had a shot, really.

Niall_Quinn
Should be 1-0. Ox blew it. Awful.

Munchies
farkkkk close again!

Kano
14-02-2016, 12:03 PM
Pity Ox played it safe there.

Sackable offence.

JaneEmily
14-02-2016, 12:03 PM
Good start to the match, we're looking dangerous already. Hopefully those two missed opportunities don't bite us back on the arse later lol

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:04 PM
How many rolls from Alexis? :lol:

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:04 PM
book the cunt!

Munchies
14-02-2016, 12:05 PM
guy takes out Alexis and doesnt even get booked

fuck this ref

adzzzbatch
How many rolls from Alexis? :lol:

A little unnecessary :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
Ramsey doing the defensive work.

JaneEmily
14-02-2016, 12:06 PM

I hope his Barca past doesn't come to the forefront. He did that a shit ton back there, bugged the shit out of me.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 12:06 PM

That's how you have to play this league. Shame but why should we be at a disadvantage?

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:08 PM
more direct, forget this tippy tappy shit

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Appeal for handball, nothing given.

Özil. :bow:

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:09 PM
we're all over these jumped up cunts. 0-1 coming up.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:10 PM
should've been a pen :rolleyes:

Master Splinter
14-02-2016, 12:11 PM
should've been a pen :rolleyes:

You see them given.

Just not to Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Ramsey doing well so far, much more disciplined.

And that WAS a pen.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:12 PM
You see them given.

Just not to Arsenal.

indeed *sigh*

GP
14-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Fucking short corners.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 12:14 PM
I hope the ref is going to give us our fair share of those soft nothing FKs

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:14 PM
that's a warning sign right there.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:15 PM
Cech saves from Vardy.

Thierrymon
Cech :bow:

Power n Glory
Kos was napping for that ball over the top.

JaneEmily
Cech <3

adzzzbatch
fucking useless from our defence vardy should've scored

Kano
14-02-2016, 12:16 PM
No one closed down that ball in :doh:

Munchies
Omg :sick:

CECH :bow:

Niall_Quinn
So that one was a handball. I see.

Great save by Cech. Tragic defending.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:17 PM
So that one was a handball. I see.

Great save by Cech. Tragic defending.

Very poor from bellerin there.

Power n Glory
14-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Nobody marking Vardy?

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Nobody marking Vardy?

Nah we're trying without it first to see how it goes.

McNamara That Ghost...
Özil a little bit offside.

JaneEmily
Nobody marking Vardy?

Seems like no one in this league knows how to mark Vardy.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 12:19 PM
If that was offside it was an inch at best. Benefit of the doubt?

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:20 PM
we really should've made more of that bright start Leicester are up to speed now

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Come on Bif.

Thierrymon
14-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Good run Ox.

Master Splinter
Ox playing decently.

adzzzbatch
terrible ball retention

JaneEmily
14-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Er.... Arsenal can we do that thing called defending?

adzzzbatch
dilibertate foul by Leicester nothing given :rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
Alexis' passing has gone to shit

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Kante. :haha:

adzzzbatch
giving the ball away so fucking easily.

Maestro
link anyone?

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:25 PM
oooooooooooooo

McNamara That Ghost...
Alexis shot, charged down. Good move.

adzzzbatch
giroud :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
Giroud clears it.

Niall_Quinn
Damn! Close. Good play.

Master Splinter
14-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Bif should score.

Munchies
C'mon Gfiroud ffs

adzzzbatch
that was a bad miss from giroud

Niall_Quinn
Got to put one of these away before we get hit by a sucker punch.

Power n Glory
14-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Ox playing well today. Good corner.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:27 PM
this is ref is a cunt

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:28 PM
sky also ignoring the fact that alexis was taken out off the ball

Maestro
14-02-2016, 12:28 PM
stream link anyone please?????

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:29 PM
alexis has turned a little bit crap :(

Ernesto
14-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Boring, tepid, turgid shit.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:30 PM
we're running out of ideas already

Niall_Quinn
stream link anyone please?????

http://www.stream2watch.co/sports/soccer/arsenal-fc-vs-leicester-city-live-stream-february-14

Power n Glory
Boring, tepid, turgid shit.
What? Boring?

Slacker
Stop giving the fucking ball away!

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Disallowed goal for Bif.

adzzzbatch
very much offside

Maestro
http://www.stream2watch.co/sports/soccer/arsenal-fc-vs-leicester-city-live-stream-february-14

cheers

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 12:32 PM
He was off.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:32 PM
wtf ozil

Penguin
14-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Ozil :haha:

Slacker
14-02-2016, 12:34 PM
He was off.

Agreed. However if it was that cunt Costa he would have been in line and therefore just "on".

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:35 PM
fuck off ozil

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Coquelin booked. :haha:

Munchies
14-02-2016, 12:36 PM
LMAO

Card for that

CUNT

Penguin
14-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Yellow for Coq's first foul :lol:

Refs are a joke

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Too complex from Ozil and Alexis so far. But Ramsey playing very well.

Of course Coq booked. Special rule.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Hoof holding on to Bif's sleeves.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 12:38 PM
Bif has to do better in those situations.

adzzzbatch
we're clearing our own corners :lol:

adzzzbatch
brilliant from cech

McNamara That Ghost...
Kante went for it, Cech saves.

JaneEmily
14-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Ozil seems quite offbeat today. He can't get his usual game going.

Slacker
14-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Whatever happened to heading towards goal from a corner?

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Why has Ox switched sides? He was doing better on the right.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:42 PM
really concerned by the lack of clear chances of a goal we've had

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:43 PM
ranieri not moved from the edge of his technical area where as wenger just sits on his arse.

adzzzbatch
Atkinson cunt!!!!!!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
Pelanty to Leicester. Do one.

adzzzbatch
how the fuck!!!!!!!!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:44 PM
Diving cunt.

Ernesto
Ffs

adzzzbatch
fuck football.

Niall_Quinn
Clear foul on Ozil. That's total shit from the ref.

And now a pen.

1-0 Atkinson.

GP
Never a pen.

He just ran into him.

Master Splinter
Such obvious cheating from Atkinson.

JaneEmily
FS

McNamara That Ghost...
0-1 Vardy. Cunt.

Niall_Quinn
Never a pen. Not in a million years.

Slacker
Shocking cheat of a referee.

Munchies
14-02-2016, 12:45 PM
JAMEI VARDY IS A FUCKING CUNT

THE REF IS A CUNT

JaneEmily
Vardy, you cunt.

adzzzbatch
ridiculous

Penguin
14-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Clear dive.

Fuck off ref.

Niall_Quinn
What a surprise. The ref is the key man once again.

Blatant cheating to not give the obvious foul on Ozil and then full reward for blatant cheating by Vardy.

Well done Atkinson, you've struck at a key moment and possibly influenced the outcome of the title. Superstar ref.

GP
"He did well there, the ref"

Fuck off Smith, he's cluster fucked it.

adzzzbatch
I am incensed

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:47 PM
Ramsey booked.

adzzzbatch
ALAN SMITH IS A GRADE A CUNT

Slacker
Gotta be careful before we get pubbed off the park.

Ernesto
Was it a penalty? Can it not be given if he runs into monreal?

Master Splinter
Leicester to bring Dean and Mason on in the second half.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Ramsey, Monreal, Coquelin and Koscielny all booked. :haha:

Master Splinter
Dirty Arsenal!

Niall_Quinn
Could he not have sent off Monreal? I think he's missed the full opportunity there. A Poll or a Dowd would have pressed that for full advantage. Atkinson showing he's a second tier cheat, he needs to be a bit more ambitious if he wants the big headlines.

McNamara That Ghost...

That's not how penalties are supposed to work. Pires got hammered for making the contact.

adzzzbatch
Some one needs to run over and knock Atkinson out.

Munchies
cant watch this guys

feel sick

JaneEmily
14-02-2016, 12:49 PM
If there was ever a ref suspected of match fixing, bet you Atkinson would be one of them. Time and time again he makes dodgy decisions.

Kano

Pretty hard to call it a foul when you run into someone else.

Except if you are a PL ref that is.

Niall_Quinn
Ramsey, Monreal, Coquelin and Koscielny all booked. :haha:

Did you not know that Wenger has had 736 red cards since he last victimised Tiny Taylor? Filthy club.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 12:50 PM
cant watch this guys

feel sick

I am so fucking angry at the blatant cheating by Atkinson.

selassie
14-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Kante handballs in the box, nothing, ball Smashed at Sanchez's hand, handball. Morgan all over the back of Ozil nothing, Vardy runs into Monreal penalty. This ref is a joke, he's given us nothing & them everything.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 12:51 PM
That's not how penalties are supposed to work. Pires got hammered for making the contact.

This is payback for Eduardo cheating when he got fouled and we robbed Celtic 5-1. Karma.

Ernesto
14-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Ref injustices aside, we have no right to be in the lead.

This is awful, Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Imagine if we had technology in football? It would be a disaster. We might end up with results based on football rather than refs and diving cunts.

Slacker
14-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Did you not know that Wenger has had 736 red cards since he last victimised Tiny Taylor? Filthy club.

Kos to see red before the hour.

Gooner23
7 fouls, 3 yellows. :haha:

Would be lovely not to get a completely incompetent ref in one of these fixtures just for a change.

Newguy
Imagine if we had technology in football? It would be a disaster. We might end up with results based on football rather than refs and diving cunts.

Exactly, crooked

GP

This is awful, Arsenal.

We don't deserve to be losing though. Which is entirely the point.

Kano

This is awful, Arsenal.

Yes it should be 0-0 at halftime.

selassie

This is awful, Arsenal.

We've looked disjointed but quite threatening. Ozil & Sanchez need to step up 2nd half, our season is at stake here.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 12:54 PM
Henry is one of them now.

adzzzbatch
Go fuck yourself Thierry.

GP
Henry is 100% drinking the Sky Kool Aid.

Munchies
14-02-2016, 12:55 PM
I am so fucking angry at the blatant cheating by Atkinson.

If I was on the pitch I'd fight him.

Swear to god

Ugly looking cunt.

Look at my first post in this thread

Munchies
Martin Atkinson will officiate Arsenal v Leicester. The Gunners have won one and lost five of the last seven he has refereed.

Niall_Quinn
Atkinson's rather blatant cheating aside, the defence has looked shaky, Ramsey and Coquelin have done okay, Ox started well but then switched sides and dropped out of the game, Ozil and Alexis have been off key, Bif has been energetic but wasteful. We had them on the ropes for a while but couldn't press the advantage.

We need to mix it up now. Bring that waster Theo on with specific instructions to fucking do something. Mix up the tippy tappy to draw them out and then Theo has to work to exploit the space.

Meanwhile, Henry has gone pundit mode and Carragher is over the moon, cum stains all over his lap.

Özim
14-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Henry and Carragher saying it's a 100% penalty.

Haven't played well enough, you get what you put in at the end of the day and Leicester have more desire.

adzzzbatch
Wow th14 :(

Don't be a cunt too!

Gooner23
Blatant cheating by Vardy and Atkinson, would be a shame if that decides the game

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 12:57 PM
We don't deserve to be losing though. Which is entirely the point.

Well we did have a legit pen for that handball in the box that stopped a cross. So really speaking if the rules had been applied we should be 1 up.

Kano
14-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Henry desperate to be taken seriously as a pundit :lol:

GP
14-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Wow th14 :(

Don't be a cunt too!

He can't help himself.

He says it's not a foul on Ozil and it's a definite penalty.

It amazes me how a professional can look at it and on national TV say the exact opposite of what they see with their own eyes.

Does he have no dignity at all?

Munchies
Thierry Henry is a fucking disgrace

Niall_Quinn

Haven't played well enough, you get what you put in at the end of the day and Leicester have more desire.

They're wrong. Henry is just trying to be a pundit and Carragher is a massive cunt so what would you expect from him.

Never a pen. It was cheating. There's a difference.

KSE Comedy Club
14-02-2016, 12:59 PM
I think I agree, after watching it again it was stupid on no real to plant himself in front of vardy like that.

He is inviting the opportunity for vardy to dive like a twat.

We still don't deserve to be leading or winning as we've been shite. The whole team looks like they've just turned up after being on a years hiatus.

Fuck off tbh

Penguin
14-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Kante handballs in the box, nothing, ball Smashed at Sanchez's hand, handball. Morgan all over the back of Ozil nothing, Vardy runs into Monreal penalty. This ref is a joke, he's given us nothing & them everything.

There's one set of rules for Arsenal and another for the opponents.

I'm not joking it's in the actual rulebook. That's the only explanation for every ref fucking us over every single game.

Özim
They're wrong. Henry is just trying to be a pundit and Carragher is a massive cunt so what would you expect from him.

At the end of the day we haven't performed, barely created anything and we're the ones that need the points and are at home, you can blame refs or you can blame the fact we're just not delivering when it matters as usual.

JaneEmily
It's a sad day when a player you thought had a footballing brain decides to not use it because of Sky's anti Arsenal agenda and to fit in with rest of the cunts on that panel.

Power n Glory
14-02-2016, 01:01 PM
We haven't defended well. Ozil should have played to the whistle because the attack could have been prevented.

Kos with his action man impersonation and missing the ball....too many mistakes.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 01:02 PM
He can't help himself.

He says it's not a foul on Ozil and it's a definite penalty.

It amazes me how a professional can look at it and on national TV say the exact opposite of what they see with their own eyes.

Does he have no dignity at all?

Apparently not. He has really gone down in my estimations, I've lost lot of respect for him today.

How the fuck can that cunt jumping over the back of a player not be a foul and free kick? WTF!

Had that been given then we woudlnt' be talking about a dive for a penalty.

Munchies
Jamie Vardy has won more penalties in the Premier League this season alone (6) than all of the other 19 Premier League teams.

McNamara That Ghost...
Kos off, Chambers on.

Munchies
Apparently not. He has really gone down in my estimations, I've lost lot of respect for him today.

How the fuck can that cunt jumping over the back of a player not be a foul and free kick? WTF!

Had that been given then we woudlnt' be talking about a dive for a penalty.

Fuck Henry

Massive cunt.

Power n Glory
14-02-2016, 01:03 PM

Be honest. If Sanchez had gone down in the box like that would you not have wanted a penalty?

Power n Glory
Kos is injured. Was playing shite but oh dear oh dear.

Niall_Quinn
At the end of the day we haven't performed, barely created anything and we're the ones that need the points and are at home, you can blame refs or you can blame the fact we're just not delivering when it matters as usual.

But it doesn't matter how we have played. The game has rules. The correct outcome should have been a booking for Vardy, according to the rules. We can't say let's fuck the rules because we aren't playing well. Anyway, we started well for a change.

Just seen the replay of the genuine pen. Kante actually moves his arm to the ball. Clear pen.

Oh fuck, now Kos injured. Kos and Gabriel :haha:

Chalmers on.

Özim
I think I agree, after watching it again it was stupid on no real to plant himself in front of vardy like that.

He is inviting the opportunity for vardy to dive like a twat.

We still don't deserve to be leading or winning as we've been shite. The whole team looks like they've just turned up after being on a years hiatus.

Fuck off tbh

Agree with this

adzzzbatch
Thierry Henry is a fucking disgrace

His a tosser just like alan smith now.

McNamara That Ghost...
Ramsey shoots, wide it goes.

Ernesto
14-02-2016, 01:04 PM

:gp:

We seem to have woken up this second half though. Fingers crossed.

Slacker
14-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Sly push finally penalised.