PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Leicester (home).

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 01:59 PM
The day the dream died?

I hope so.

:haha:

Welbz. :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
14-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Never in doubt. :coffee: .................................................. ...... oh who am I kidding? I haven't felt this excited in ages!!!!

Özil's Panoramic View
14-02-2016, 02:00 PM
GET THE FUCK IN, GOONERS!!!

Nothing more to be said.

Power n Glory
14-02-2016, 02:01 PM
Wenger, Walcott, Welbeck! :dance:

Just saved our season.

Kano
14-02-2016, 02:01 PM
Atkinson probably saw a video at half time and was desperate to make amends.

Always had faith in Welbz :coffee:

Sky and Leicester can go fuck themselves.

Can't remember when we last scored right at the death like that.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 02:02 PM
A MASSIVE WIN AGAINST ALL THE ODDS!!!! UP THE FUCKING ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Gunner
14-02-2016, 02:03 PM
This win gave me the most exciting celebration in years!

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Smiling after an Arsenal match, and feeling the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

We didn't give up, we kept pressing, we did what it takes to win a big (huge) potentially title deciding game.

I'll take that.

Every week tbf.

This has to be the start of something, not just an isolated moment.

Momentum.

selassie
14-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Ah man, that ending was superb! Get the fuck in ��

JaneEmily
14-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Fucking thrilled to win that! Loving the Welbeck pictures popping up on Twitter :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbLiKBLWwAEsc5I.jpg:large

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 02:06 PM
FUCKING BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

milla
14-02-2016, 02:07 PM
https://streamable.com/0io2

Munchies
14-02-2016, 02:09 PM
HOLY F'N HELL

STILL SHAKING

Master Splinter
14-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Arsenal :bow:.

Wenger :bow:.

Welbz :bow:

Theo :bow:.

Leicester thugs :haha:.

Atkinson :haha:.

Thierry Henry :haha:.

Walkers crisps :haha:.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Arsenal :bow:.

Wenger :bow:.

Welbz :bow:

Theo :bow:.

Leicester thugs :haha:.

Atkinson :haha:.

Thierry Henry :haha:.

Walkers crisps :haha:.

Also:

JUG EARED TWATS :haha:

Gooner23
14-02-2016, 02:16 PM
When was the last time we won a game like that?

Unbelievable feeling at the end. Happy to give Wenger the credit when he gets the subs bang on as well.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 02:18 PM
When was the last time we won a game like that?

Unbelievable feeling at the end. Happy to give Wenger the credit when he gets the subs bang on as well.

2-1 against Newcaste, Vermaelen scoring I think. Not nearly as important though!

Letters
14-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Welbeck :lol:
Great signing tbf. :d
I keep laughing that it was him. Overall a pretty underwhelming signing but man he's scored a couple of very important goals now.

Massive win today, if this doesn't inspire us and push us on then I give up.

Arsenal :bow:

:scarf:

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 02:22 PM
AND IT'S ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSENNNNNNNNNALLLLLLLLLL!! ARRRRRRRSSSSSENNNNNNNNNNALLLLLLL FC!!!!!!!!!! WE'RE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM THE WORLD HAS EEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:patrice: :beer: :patrice: :beer: :patrice: :beer: :patrice: :beer: :patrice: :beer:

Munchies
14-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Henry can fuck off

sack him from his coaching role too

The Emirates Gallactico
14-02-2016, 02:24 PM
We've still got a few issues regarding a lack of goals and profligacy up front but right now isn't the time to right some long anal piece about that ................ TONIGHT WE CELEBRATE!

GP
14-02-2016, 02:26 PM
Welé :bow:

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Henry can fuck off

sack him from his coaching role too

Why is it that any ex Arsenal pundits/commentators never show any favouritism to their old club, but all the ex Liverpool, united, chelski and all the other cunt clubs do?

Kano
14-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Why is it that any ex Arsenal pundits/commentators never show any favouritism to their old club, but all the ex Liverpool, united, chelski and all the other cunt clubs do?

Keown and Dixon do.

Henry is just an awful pundit and Smith desperate to distract people from his putrid sounding voice.

selassie
14-02-2016, 02:40 PM
We've still got a few issues regarding a lack of goals and profligacy up front but right now isn't the time to right some long anal piece about that ................ TONIGHT WE CELEBRATE!

Yeah I agree, our finishing was awful, we were panicking and snatching at chances in the 2nd half, with the exception of Schemeichel's world class save from Giroud. We are going to need to improve though, we have some very difficult away games coming up and the whole team is going to need to go up a gear because we're still not playing at a high level.

Today's win was absolutely huge, we just need to capitalise on it.

Marc Overmars
14-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Well fuck me sideways, is there a better feeling as a football fan than watching your team win in the dying seconds? Fully deserved and a hugely important 3 points. I was ready to throw in the towel because I can see Leicester picking up more points than us over the course of the next 3 games.

We have United A, Swansea H, Spurs A.
They have Norwich H, West Brom H, Watford A.

This win keeps us fighting and hopefully the manner of it propels us forward and crushes Leicester’s confidence.

Arsenal. :bow:

It was a slog but well done lads for not giving up. On we go!

Kano
14-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Spurs away is the main problem coming up.

Both Utd and Swansea are garbage.

7 points from 9 tbh

selassie
14-02-2016, 02:51 PM

7 points from 9 tbh

Kind of agree, think United away will be a tough one though, yeah they are garbage but Rooney & Martial will most likely cause us a lot of problems. I don't fear them at all though. Spurs away is going to be interesting. They don't scare me but I'd take a point now TBH.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
14-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Up the Arse!

We won despite the ref's best efforts. Wasteful obviously and I thought Theo should have started and Sanchez was off the boil, but well done to the former for finally scoring.

The Emirates Gallactico
14-02-2016, 02:55 PM

7 points from 9 tbh

I'll take it. Spurs away is our second hardest game left tbh and Leceister will definitely drop points in games they're expected to win.

Mind you Utd away is going to be tough regardless of how poor they are - they're bound to have their tails up after their latest defeat. We really could do with Sanchez coming into some goal scoring form right now.

Marc Overmars
14-02-2016, 02:56 PM

7 points from 9 tbh

Chelsea are also garbage and we know what happened there. We're much better than United now but it's been 10 years since we took 3 points at Old Trafford, not a gimme by any means. Bogey ground for us but hopefully the cup win last year has turned the tide.

Yeah Spurs away is going to be huge. Business end is here. :popcorn:

Munchies
14-02-2016, 02:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbLsIQPW8AEQQVk.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbLuORKW0AAdpbq.jpg

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 02:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbLsIQPW8AEQQVk.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbLuORKW0AAdpbq.jpg

They're awesome! Thanks for posting them :good:

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Well fuck me sideways, is there a better feeling as a football fan than watching your team win in the dying seconds? Fully deserved and a hugely important 3 points. I was ready to throw in the towel because I can see Leicester picking up more points than us over the course of the next 3 games.

We have United A, Swansea H, Spurs A.
They have Norwich H, West Brom H, Watford A.

This win keeps us fighting and hopefully the manner of it propels us forward and crushes Leicester’s confidence.

It was a slog but well done lads for not giving up. On we go!

I hope you're sticking around in a pub to celebrate! :scarf:

I wish I was at the pins this afternoon :scarf: :beer:

Kano
14-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Welbz reaching for the Walbutt there.

Munchies
14-02-2016, 03:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb5f3zb4VA8

Ernesto
14-02-2016, 03:05 PM
We aren't winning the league based on that performance. Good watch though.

Marc Overmars
14-02-2016, 03:05 PM
I hope you're sticking around in a pub to celebrate! :scarf:

I wish I was at the pins this afternoon :scarf: :beer:

I wish mate. Needed to jet back for Valentine's duties. <_<

gunnerrrrr
14-02-2016, 03:08 PM

Mate i am one of the biggest pessimists on this board, but for once just enjoy the result and the way it happened.

Long way to go, players coming back, can't play any worse than we did a few games ago, so lets be positive for the run in.

The Emirates Gallactico
14-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Yeah I agree, our finishing was awful, we were panicking and snatching at chances in the 2nd half, with the exception of Schemeichel's world class save from Giroud. We are going to need to improve though, we have some very difficult away games coming up and the whole team is going to need to go up a gear because we're still not playing at a high level.

Today's win was absolutely huge, we just need to capitalise on it.

Glancing at the stats .... 24 shots and 72% possession and yet we only just managed to crawl over the line. :lol: It was so nearly Southampton all over again and had Welbz not popped up at the death we'd all be feeling as bad as we were that night ...... just shows you the fine margins involved in this game.

We've got to get more efficient and productive at scoring goals otherwise we're not going to do it. Dropping Giroud (how many games now without a goal) for Theo and praying that Alexis & Rambo recapture their scoring touch is probably our best hope at this stage.

Ernesto
14-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Mate i am one of the biggest pessimists on this board, but for once just enjoy the result and the way it happened.

Long way to go, players coming back, can't play any worse than we did a few games ago, so lets be positive for the run in.

It's not entirely pessimism on my part, nor is it an anti-Arssnal agenda (I've been very critical about how we've played the last few weeks)

Bearing that in mind, surely we ought to have started the game stronger? We didn't have a shot on target until the 70th minute. There weren't really many "oohs" or "ahhs" before that either. We have Barcelona in a week and a half and Manchester United thereafter. Surely we can't play as we did today, can we?

I appreciate that we should enjoy the moment and revel in it, but I'm just trying to be consistent in my criticism (in the wake of victory as well as defeat)

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Glancing at the stats .... 24 shots and 72% possession and yet we only just managed to crawl over the line. :lol: It was so nearly Southampton all over again and had Welbz not popped up at the death we'd all be feeling as bad as we were that night ...... just shows you the fine margins involved in this game.

We've got to get more efficient and productive at scoring goals otherwise we're not going to do it. Dropping Giroud (how many games now without a goal) for Theo and praying that Alexis & Rambo recapture their scoring touch is probably our best hope at this stage.

Only about 3/4 were on target though!

Globalgunner
14-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Brilliant Movie script finish there, but really our football can cause you heartburn. We are not really geared up to score goals. Not when our strikers are so wasteful up front. Boy that was hard work.
i hope somebody at the Sky HQ doesnt top themselves off tonight. Misery all round there no doubt.

Munchies
14-02-2016, 03:18 PM
The best commentary of Welbeck's goal. (video)

https://twitter.com/GoonerTalk/status/698885322176929792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

GOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

selassie
14-02-2016, 03:26 PM

I know it was comical, imagine this place if we'd not won!

I'm hoping now that the manner of this victory will spur the team on, Ozil and Sanchez in particular are still not playing at a high level, when they do, this team will go up another gear. Our title challenge hinges on those two really because if they start turning it on then we'll go on a winning run, I'm sure of that.

As long as we keep the squad fit we've got a good chance, still got Santi and Jack to come back too, things are starting to look good.

Letters
14-02-2016, 03:26 PM

Impressive pair of lungs tbf

Kano
14-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Brilliant Movie script finish there, but really our football can cause you heartburn. We are not really geared up to score goals. Not when our strikers are so wasteful up front. Boy that was hard work.
i hope somebody at the Sky HQ doesnt top themselves off tonight. Misery all round there no doubt.

Probably won't make it into the Vardy movie though.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 03:39 PM

Everyone at sky were gutted bless 'em! That includes "smudger" who barely said a word after our equaliser and henry who sounded close to tears at Leicester's loss.

Globalgunner
14-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Everyone at sky were gutted bless 'em! That includes "smudger" who barely said a word after our equaliser and henry who sounded close to tears at Leicester's loss.

Must be something in the water over there makes makes you lobotomised.

Munchies
14-02-2016, 03:50 PM
When Petr Cech sent Vardy back to non-league... -vid

https://twitter.com/GoonerTalk/status/698877001080430592

:lol:

Big Man Cech :bow:

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 03:57 PM

Fucking brilliant.

THAT'S football. The money cunts can fuck off, they'll never understand it, their money can't buy it.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Must be something in the water over there makes makes you lobotomised.

Carragher is still in tears, he looks bereaved despite pool just winning 6-0.

Özim
14-02-2016, 04:38 PM
Won the game in the end but certainly made hard work of it, we had so much posession after the sending off it's was really one-sided.

Ref made a few bad decisions but affected Leicester more in the end despite all the complaints in the match thread.

Letters
14-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Won the game in the end but certainly made hard work of it, we had so much posession after the sending off it's was really one-sided.

Ref made a few bad decisions but affected Leicester more in the end despite all the complaints in the match thread.

:lol: Cheer up :console:

Munchies
14-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Lee Dixon defending Vardy and saying it was a pen

https://twitter.com/LeeDixon2/status/698853120286314496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

:doh:

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 04:43 PM

Another one :rose:

Özim
14-02-2016, 04:46 PM
:lol: Cheer up :console:

I'm cheery thanks :good:

Letters
14-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Fucking brilliant.

THAT'S football. The money cunts can fuck off, they'll never understand it, their money can't buy it.

:good:

Letters
14-02-2016, 04:47 PM
I'm cheery thanks :good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AA7Ub1c2cI

Marc Overmars
14-02-2016, 04:48 PM

There was only contact because Vardy threw himself at Monreal. It was a pretty blatant attempt at gamesmanship.

Özim
14-02-2016, 04:49 PM
All the pundits including former Arsenal players think it's a penalty but because they do they are anti-Arsenal? :lol:

People on here don't seem to be able to accept others have their own opinion, they've played the game at the end of the day so know enough about it.

Fact is even if that wasn't one (Monreal was reckless and you can see how that was given to be honest) the 2nd one they didn't get was and the sending off was very harsh and pretty much handed us the game in the end, so not sure why there's still whingeing about this.

We won and the turning point was pretty much the sending off, Leicester fans have a lot more to whinge about than us.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 04:52 PM
All the pundits including former Arsenal players think it's a penalty but because they do they are anti-Arsenal? :lol:

People on here don't seem to be able to accept others have their own opinion, they've played the game at the end of the day so know enough about it.

Fact is even if that wasn't one (Monreal was reckless and you can see how that was given to be honest) the 2nd one they didn't get was and the sending off was very harsh and pretty much handed us the game in the end, so not sure why there's still whingeing about this.

:wacko:

WTF?

It was a fully deserved 2nd yellow.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 04:58 PM
There was only contact because Vardy threw himself at Monreal. It was a pretty blatant attempt at gamesmanship.

Both Vardy and Mahrez cheated. It was very clear. I thought the red was harsh, but on the other hand other Leicester players got away with plenty and Drinkwater certainly should have seen red. Mean while the handball in the box was a certain penalty and the shirt pulling on Giroud was another. A decent ref would have awarded us 2 pens, Leicester none and sent off one Leicester player plus booking for Vardy and Mahrez for cheating. The replays will show this clearly so it's uncertain why ex-footballers can't see it. Possibly a case of monkey see, monkey do.

Kano
14-02-2016, 04:58 PM

We won and the turning point was pretty much the sending off, Leicester fans have a lot more to whinge about than us.
There's a huge difference between being experienced at something and then being able to succinctly analyse it. Which is why 99% of pundits are full of shit and roll out tired out cliches. Players can tell us what it takes to be a player and their mindset but when it comes to taking apart a section of play, forget about it. They'd rather take the splinters up their arse sitting on the fence than offend anyone of note.

The ref levelled things up later when Drinkwater mistook Ramsey's leg for a football. But then again, I'm sure he didn't mean it, he's not that type of player, not a malicious bone in his body. So things levelled out there.

Özim
14-02-2016, 04:59 PM
:wacko:

WTF?

It was a fully deserved 2nd yellow.

Not really surprised that's your opinion tbh.

Most people agreed it was harsh however.

We won and in the end had the rub of the green, as I've said before decisions even themselves out.

Kano
14-02-2016, 05:01 PM
We won and in the end had the rub of the green, as I've said before decisions even themselves out.

You should try your hand at being a pundit.

The lads gave 100%, it's nip and tuck all the way and it'll go right down to the wire.

Özim
14-02-2016, 05:04 PM
There's a huge difference between being experienced at something and then being able to succinctly analyse it. Which is why 99% of pundits are full of shit and roll out tired out cliches. Players can tell us what it takes to be a player and their mindset but when it comes to taking apart a section of play, forget about it. They'd rather take the splinters up their arse sitting on the fence than offend anyone of note.

The ref levelled things up later when Drinkwater mistook Ramsey's leg for a football. But then again, I'm sure he didn't mean it, he's not that type of player, not a malicious bone in his body. So things levelled out there.

Not quite levelled out in terms of the sending off as there's happened early on in the 2nd half whereas the other one would have been much later but no matter.

Dixon's opinion was:

He sticks his foot into a tackle and misses the ball. Im afraid wether we are all Arsenal fans or not its a pen

He stuck his foot into a tackle and missed the ball the foot was there Vardy doesnt have to avoid it

That's his opinion and the guy knew how to defend and would know when it should or shouldn't be a penalty, the fact everyone other than Arsenal fans agreed tells you a lot, they have no reason to be anti-Arsenal.

As I said on the match thread, people on here are heavily biased with decisions, which is fine but don't then be surprised and call people names when they disagree.

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Not really surprised that's your opinion tbh.

Most people agreed it was harsh however.

Right ok, if punishing a player's stupidity is harsh than so be it. The guy was already on a yellow so he should've known better.

Özim
Both Vardy and Mahrez cheated. It was very clear. I thought the red was harsh, but on the other hand other Leicester players got away with plenty and Drinkwater certainly should have seen red. Mean while the handball in the box was a certain penalty and the shirt pulling on Giroud was another. A decent ref would have awarded us 2 pens, Leicester none and sent off one Leicester player plus booking for Vardy and Mahrez for cheating. The replays will show this clearly so it's uncertain why ex-footballers can't see it. Possibly a case of monkey see, monkey do.

How did Mahrez cheat? His foot was clearly caught in the replay, with regards the first yes Vardy went into Monreal but Monreal mistimed his challenge and didn't pull away and thus gave the ref a decision to make. If you mistime a tackle you leave yourself open to a decision going against you at the end of the day.

Gooner23
Not quite levelled out in terms of the sending off as there's happened early on in the 2nd half whereas the other one would have been much later but no matter.

Dixon's opinion was:

That's his opinion and the guy knew how to defend and would know when it should or shouldn't be a penalty, the fact everyone other than Arsenal fans agreed tells you a lot, they have no reason to be anti-Arsenal.

As I said on the match thread, people on here are heavily biased with decisions, which is fine but don't then be surprised and call people names when they disagree.

Haha just enjoy the moment, there really is no point in following football if you can't.

Özim
14-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Right ok, if punishing a player's stupidity is harsh than so be it. The guy was already on a yellow so he should've known better.

Don't disagree with that, but it's the same with the penalty, it was punishing a players stupidity but harsh but it was a mistake by Monreal with a mistimed attempt to get the ball which created the situation in the 1st place

Both can be deemed correct but both are harsh, the sending off though changed the game as Leicester could barely get out of their half after it, so we certainly had the best of it today, that's ignoring the penalty they should have had when Mahrez was caught.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 05:11 PM

Dixon's opinion was:

Wasn't the case at all. For the offside goal everyone said - offside. And people called the Vardy and Mahrez dives exactly as the replays showed. Doesn't matter what Dixon says because there's video footage that shows he's incorrect.

I don't think the sending off affected the match as much as some thing either. Leicester were already getting deeper and deeper and it looked like they were going to try and hang on for the 1-0. We'd have exerted pressure for most of the second half anyway and the way I saw the match going I expected us to win it even when we were the goal down. You can just tell. We were the better team and even though our passing was shite for large parts of the game we had more ambition today and we got stuck in well. Ramsey didn't abandon his post and Coquelin was a huge upgrade. Leicester couldn't shift the ball quickly through the middle and out to their front men, we closed that option off. Best team won it despite the ref giving Leicester a goal lead.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 05:11 PM
We're top of the Top 4 mini-league. Big game players. :bow:

Kano
14-02-2016, 05:12 PM

Dixon's opinion was:

How do you assess that a second red wouldn't have impacted on the game, what is that opinion based on? And does it matter if it affects the final outcome of the game? The rules exist for a reason. The ref is there is enforce them. So if you believe the ref should've called for a second pen, then you should also be of the opinion that there should've been a second red for Leicester. I cannot think of one Arsenal fan that would argue otherwise after seeing our player so blatantly taken out like that. An atrocious foul like that has to be punished in the first or last minute. But it's clear why you believe otherwise and it has nothing to do with affecting the score line. Your bitterness towards Wenger is unparalleled.

And Dixon's experience in defending doesn't detract from the fact we all have eyes and saw what happened.

You have to be the dullest Arsenal fan I've ever come across. Absolutely no joy in you after scoring in the last minute of a football ball game. It's beyond surreal at times.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 05:12 PM
How did Mahrez cheat? His foot was clearly caught in the replay, with regards the first yes Vardy went into Monreal but Monreal mistimed his challenge and didn't pull away and thus gave the ref a decision to make. If you mistime a tackle you leave yourself open to a decision going against you at the end of the day.

He didn't mistime his tackle because there was no tackle. He missed the ball and the man so Vardy bundled into him and hit the deck. It's cheating. Mahrez's was even more blatant. It's actually a bit sad watching players who have contributed such a huge amount this season resort to that sort of shit.

dostoy
14-02-2016, 05:15 PM
What is the latest on Kos and Gabriel ?

Ernesto
14-02-2016, 05:16 PM

:gp:

Özim
14-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Wasn't the case at all. For the offside goal everyone said - offside. And people called the Vardy and Mahrez dives exactly as the replays showed. Doesn't matter what Dixon says because there's video footage that shows he's incorrect.

I don't think the sending off affected the match as much as some thing either. Leicester were already getting deeper and deeper and it looked like they were going to try and hang on for the 1-0. We'd have exerted pressure for most of the second half anyway and the way I saw the match going I expected us to win it even when we were the goal down. You can just tell. We were the better team and even though our passing was shite for large parts of the game we had more ambition today and we got stuck in well. Ramsey didn't abandon his post and Coquelin was a huge upgrade. Leicester couldn't shift the ball quickly through the middle and out to their front men, we closed that option off. Best team won it despite the ref giving Leicester a goal lead.

We're not going to agree on this but that's fine, the first was very harsh as Vardy did going into Monreal but Monreal did make a mistake, the 2nd however was just poor play and was a penalty IMO.

As for the sending off, Leicester had no outlet at all after it so I think it did change the match, they don't have a lot of possession in most games but losing the player up front meant they had even less and just meant we just had attack after attack and they had nothing to offer.

Kano
14-02-2016, 05:19 PM
How did the 5 min demonstration go btw?

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Yup, red cards change games. See Chelsea X 3.

Özim
14-02-2016, 05:21 PM
How do you assess that a second red wouldn't have impacted on the game, what is that opinion based on? And does it matter if it affects the final outcome of the game? The rules exist for a reason. The ref is there is enforce them. So if you believe the ref should've called for a second pen, then you should also be of the opinion that there should've been a second red for Leicester. I cannot think of one Arsenal fan that would argue otherwise after seeing our player so blatantly taken out like that. An atrocious foul like that has to be punished in the first or last minute. But it's clear why you believe otherwise and it has nothing to do with affecting the score line. Your bitterness towards Wenger is unparalleled.

And Dixon's experience in defending doesn't detract from the fact we all have eyes and saw what happened.

You have to be the dullest Arsenal fan I've ever come across. Absolutely no joy in you after scoring in the last minute of a football ball game. It's beyond surreal at times.

It would but of course, but the fact the 1st sending off happened early in the 1st half meant we had much more time to take advantage of it, so clearly it's more beneficial and we needed it in the end.

I don't agree with the 1st penalty but can see why it was given, I do think the 2nd was a penalty however, I thought the 1st red was harsh to say the least but the 2nd should have been a red.

So basically 2nd penalty was a pen and 2nd red was a red IMO, the other bits shouldn't have been but I can understand why they were given.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but I'm not going to get angry at you for saying so either.

Kano
14-02-2016, 05:31 PM
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but I'm not going to get angry at you for saying so either.
Getting a reaction either way would be more interesting than ZimBot tbh.

Özim
14-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Oh and if we're talking about sendings off, Coquelin shoved a Lecicester player when on a yellow, could have got a yellow for that as well so he could have been red carded but wasn't, swings in roundabouts. Plenty of people saying we had the better of it on other Arsenal forums incidentally.

Özim
14-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Getting a reaction either way would be more interesting than ZimBot tbh.

I don't need to react to being taunted, waste of time.

Xhaka Can’t
14-02-2016, 05:50 PM

I too am ecstatic!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the result folks and don't let anyone derail you from doing so!

I am invisible
14-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Really pleased for Danny Boy - why can't all our injured players do that when they return?

Munchies
14-02-2016, 05:54 PM
Today was the first time in 5 years that Arsenal won a Premier League game when in a losing position at half-time.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 06:02 PM

Ernesto
14-02-2016, 06:03 PM
Oh and if we're talking about sendings off, Coquelin shoved a Lecicester player when on a yellow, could have got a yellow for that as well so he could have been red carded but wasn't, swings in roundabouts. Plenty of people saying we had the better of it on other Arsenal forums incidentally.

Admittedly, that was absurd from Coquelin. I'm surprised none of the Leicester players went for him after that!

Kano
14-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Admittedly, that was absurd from Coquelin. I'm surprised none of the Leicester players went for him after that!

Because it was no big deal.

Özim
14-02-2016, 06:08 PM

It's the rules of the game according to you.

Kano
14-02-2016, 06:10 PM
What rule are you referring to?

Özim
14-02-2016, 06:12 PM
What rule are you referring to?

The one that would say that pushing someone on the pitch should/could be a yellow card, it's an intentional action and nothing to do with playing football.

But anyway, I'm not saying he should have been sent off, but if you're applying rules to the letter like you suggest then he could have been.

Xhaka Can’t
14-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Maccy, there is a post in the staff room

Ernesto
14-02-2016, 06:15 PM

Well, we don't see that sort of thing every week, do we? It's not on and if it had been Mahrez pushing coquelin off the pitch I'm sure you'd have a different opinion.

Kano
14-02-2016, 06:19 PM
The one that would say that pushing someone on the pitch should/could be a yellow card, it's an intentional action and nothing to do with playing football.

But anyway, I'm not saying he should have been sent off, but if you're applying rules to the letter like you suggest then he could have been.
Not sure you can foul someone as they walk off the pitch with the game inactive.

Still, at least we can see you're fully behind the team, tbh tbf imho

Özim
14-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Not sure you can foul someone as they walk off the pitch with the game inactive.

Still, at least we can see you're fully behind the team, tbh tbf imho

Players have been sent off after a match, so I believe you can yes be punished any time you're on the pitch.

It's not about being behind the team or not, it's about whether this refs are against us and always giving decisions to our opponents or not giving decisions to us is correct.

It's not IMO, it's just that people are unable to see the decisions without bias.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Anyway, great win, happy days.

:bow:

Kano
14-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Well, we don't see that sort of thing every week, do we? It's not on and if it had been Mahrez pushing coquelin off the pitch I'm sure you'd have a different opinion.

I'd be upset but not screaming for a yellow, no.

We see pushing on the pitch all the time, at corners, after a foul between players. Doesn't always merit a yellow as it is open to interpretation from the ref.

If it was Vieira or Adams etc I'm sure certain 'fans' wouldn't be picking up Coquelin for it either.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 06:21 PM
I must admit, Coquelin was lucky. There were no camera dugouts anywhere near that incident and Coq was face to face when he pushed him. The total lack of sneaky backstabbing and lack of intent to seriously injure by shoving into a pit should be punished. They got the decision right with Gabriel when he bullied the poor helpless Costa, but they got it wrong today. 3 game ban for me, 6 if you want to be totally fair about it.

Xhaka Can’t
14-02-2016, 06:22 PM
We won we won we won!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/CDdVBvm.gif

Master Splinter
14-02-2016, 06:32 PM
I must admit, Coquelin was lucky. There were no camera dugouts anywhere near that incident and Coq was face to face when he pushed him. The total lack of sneaky backstabbing and lack of intent to seriously injure by shoving into a pit should be punished. They got the decision right with Gabriel when he bullied the poor helpless Costa, but they got it wrong today. 3 game ban for me, 6 if you want to be totally fair about it.

Is there a pit at the Emirates?

The ones at Stoke, West Brom, Norwich, etc. were custom-built, with barbed wire and human bones lining the walls. Wenger didn't see the advantage of that in a sporting arena. Wenger :doh:.

Kano
14-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Players have been sent off after a match, so I believe you can yes be punished any time you're on the pitch.

It's not about being behind the team or not, it's about whether this refs are against us and always giving decisions to our opponents or not giving decisions to us is correct.

It's not IMO, it's just that people are unable to see the decisions without bias.

That has happened about once in a million games. And that's a facht.

I expect the letter of the law to be applied when a player slams his studs into the leg of another going over the ball. Any football fan would.

For a push while a player is walking off the field? A yellow is hardly ever likely to be produced. It's a moment in the game only those desperate to see a player punished would look for.

It all evens out in the end though right? Pity we have no idea where the start and end actually are.

Özim
14-02-2016, 06:48 PM
That has happened about once in a million games. And that's a facht.

I expect the letter of the law to be applied when a player slams his studs into the leg of another going over the ball. Any football fan would.

For a push while a player is walking off the field? A yellow is hardly ever likely to be produced. It's a moment in the game only those desperate to see a player punished would look for.

It all evens out in the end though right? Pity we have no idea where the start and end actually are.

Doesn't matter, it can still happen.

You seem to expect the letter of the law to be followed when it's a decision for us but not against us, like I said there were a number of decicions that could or could not have been given and others that should and weren't, trouble is you seem to be saying all the ones that were questionnable against us shouldn't, all those that were questionable for us shouldn't and the dead certs not given against us shouldn't and vice versa.

IMO 1st pen not a pen
2nd a pen
1st red card not a red
2nd a red

Definitely went against Leicester though as the 1st sending off left them down to 10 for a lot longer.

If you want to book/send off people and give penalties and fouls for every single little thing you'd have 14 players left on the pitch and 20 goals every match.

Kano
14-02-2016, 06:58 PM
http://youtu.be/S5EBeWKREM8

Ollie the Optimist
14-02-2016, 07:00 PM

I don't think it was a penalty but I can see why it was given. My main problem is how 20 seconds earlier Morgan used Ozil as a climbing frame and atkinson did nothing. It was a clear free kick and he got it wrong.

Their red card was completely fair. It was a cynical foul for the second yellow, and he had got away with a bookable kick early in the first half on snachez. In fact leicester were lucky to end the match with ten men. Drink water should have gone for a shocking two footed lunge on Ramsey and Wasileski (or however you spell it) was very lucky only to be booked for the foul on monreal at the end, it was borderline red.

Leicester have nothing to whinge about, Mahrez dived and should have been booked. Atkinson is an appalling referee, he lost all control of the game today and seemed to make up the rules as he went along. Kante handballed in the penalty area very early on and got away with it. His arm was out from his side when it hit him, its handball and a penalty. Leicester did what all teams seem to do against us, cynical foul after cynical foul. They deserved all they got.

Özim
14-02-2016, 07:02 PM

Saw the replay on Sky, they clearly showed his foot being caught which that replay doesn't catch (it was a close up).

It's a clever replay hiding the small but important bits that happened I'll give you that.

Ollie the Optimist
14-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Also I'm really glad wenger listened to the media and didn't pick Mertesacker because his lack of pace would be exposed by vardy.

I mean, all these pundits and journalists couldn't have been wrong could they? I mean these pundits supposedly played the game for years so would know that a good defender like Mertesacker rarely gets himself in a position where he is exposed.

Kano
14-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Was great to see a reaction today anyway, I'm sure as Arsenal fans we're all pleased about the result and can look forward to the game at Old Trafford after we put Hull away.

Ox is looking a little better game by game and a goal for Theo can't have hurt. Coquelin should be back permanently and his partnership with Ramsey looked ok today.

Chambers also looked quite assured when he came on but we just need Alexis to start clicking into place. Ozil was not good at all but keeping him on was justified for that one delivery at the death.

Hopefully Cazorla might make the subs bench for the Utd game and we have some options on the wings now too. Time for Bif to be out on the subs bench too.

Ollie the Optimist
14-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Was great to see a reaction today anyway, I'm sure as Arsenal fans we're all pleased about the result and can look forward to the game at Old Trafford after we put Hull away.

Ox is looking a little better game by game and a goal for Theo can't have hurt. Coquelin should be back permanently and his partnership with Ramsey looked ok today.

Chambers also looked quite assured when he came on but we just need Alexis to start clicking into place. Ozil was not good at all but keeping him on was justified for that one delivery at the death.

Hopefully Cazorla might make the subs bench for the Utd game and we have some options on the wings now too. Time for Bif to be out on the subs bench too.

He wasn't, but thats what world class players do. They have a bad game but they produce that one moment where they place a perfect free kick right on the strikers head to score the winner. Thats why they are world class. They deliver just when needed. Ozil did that today

adzzzbatch
14-02-2016, 07:42 PM
He wasn't, but thats what world class players do. They have a bad game but they produce that one moment where they place a perfect free kick right on the strikers head to score the winner. Thats why they are world class. They deliver just when needed. Ozil did that today

Roses are red, Violets are blue, Whatever you need, Özil will assist you.

JaneEmily
14-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Roses are red, Violets are blue, Whatever you need, Özil will assist you.

Best poem I've read all day.

Xhaka Can’t
14-02-2016, 08:09 PM

http://cdn.dixieoutfitters.com/static/images/general-stonewall-jackson.png

Gooner23
14-02-2016, 08:50 PM
I don't think it was a penalty but I can see why it was given. My main problem is how 20 seconds earlier Morgan used Ozil as a climbing frame and atkinson did nothing. It was a clear free kick and he got it wrong.

Their red card was completely fair. It was a cynical foul for the second yellow, and he had got away with a bookable kick early in the first half on snachez. In fact leicester were lucky to end the match with ten men. Drink water should have gone for a shocking two footed lunge on Ramsey and Wasileski (or however you spell it) was very lucky only to be booked for the foul on monreal at the end, it was borderline red.

Leicester have nothing to whinge about, Mahrez dived and should have been booked. Atkinson is an appalling referee, he lost all control of the game today and seemed to make up the rules as he went along. Kante handballed in the penalty area very early on and got away with it. His arm was out from his side when it hit him, its handball and a penalty. Leicester did what all teams seem to do against us, cynical foul after cynical foul. They deserved all they got.

Spot on!

Japan Shaking All Over
14-02-2016, 08:51 PM
What a roller coaster......
Had take the boy to footie school at 12, pissed that kick off time had been changed, asked wifey to record so I could watch when I got back. Now she is as much a Gooner as me so when I got home around 60 minutes in, I could tell something was a miss! But she said you just need to watch it (tbh her language was awful though out).....
So watched from the off and then the calls started coming in front those that knew the result already.......because I had the feeling these were wind up calls, I got the hump and went to see the end......score flashed up 2:1 and I just went crazy! wife too.....now we had to watch it and I think I felt more nervousness than had it been live......shit when was the goal going to go in?
Massive result.......some serious games ahead..,..,we need to believe

Chippy
14-02-2016, 09:06 PM

I'm with you. We have just given the Scum a helping hand :(

Kano
14-02-2016, 09:50 PM

Exactly. We should've lost. That would've shown em.

GP
14-02-2016, 09:51 PM

Get the fuck out.

Chippy
14-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Get the fuck out.

We have got a much harder run in than them TBH. That is just my view, get the fuck over it.

Munchies
14-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Spurs do look strong, and they did play us more or less off the pitch at the Emirates, however, they also have a tough set of fixtures.

In April, they have Liverpool/United/Chelsea and Stoke away

Throw in any EL games

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 10:48 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3446778/Arsenal-title-race-late-win-self-congratulating-team-photos-miss-point-long-way-go.html

Ridiculous bias by the Daily Shitsmear as usual, but I really do wish the players would cut this shit right out. It would be a lot better if they were banned from having Twatter accounts.

Gooner23
14-02-2016, 11:07 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3446778/Arsenal-title-race-late-win-self-congratulating-team-photos-miss-point-long-way-go.html

Ridiculous bias by the Daily Shitsmear as usual, but I really do wish the players would cut this shit right out. It would be a lot better if they were banned from having Twatter accounts.

I don't care much for all the social media crap either but it doesn't offend me that much. The players have every right to celebrate that win.

Marc Overmars
14-02-2016, 11:10 PM
It does amuse me how much this selfie taking and perceived over celebrating offends people. Who gives a shit, the culture is reflection on society these days

Xhaka Can’t
14-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Its not as if they posted pictures of their £140k cars after getting spanked 0-6.

Gooner23
14-02-2016, 11:23 PM
Doesnt seem to be much mention of the Drinkwater leg breaker in the post match media..

GP
14-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Its not as if they posted pictures of their £140k cars after getting spanked 0-6.

That is really shameful. What was he thinking?

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 11:54 PM
It does amuse me how much this selfie taking and perceived over celebrating offends people. Who gives a shit, the culture is reflection on society these days

It doesn't offend me at all. I just wonder why it's necessary to keep feeding the dumbarses who frequent the twatter and facetube idiot zones. Focus on the football, make sure the next game is won because how fucking silly will this look if we go and blow today's work against van Genius' plodders? Big celebration if we win it, until then keep the powder dry and the wins coming.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2016, 11:56 PM
Doesnt seem to be much mention of the Drinkwater leg breaker in the post match media..

That's because it never happened. But if you want some in depth analysis of disgraceful tackles then pop back a week and you'll be able to watch them taking Flamini to town for his tackle.

mastermind84
15-02-2016, 12:27 AM
Ozil was not good at all but keeping him on was justified for that one delivery at the death.

he was about average

Gave the ball away in dribbling but created 6 chances which is above his normal 4 a game.

mastermind84
15-02-2016, 12:36 AM
Ramsey was excellent today in the middle but needs to find his shooting boots.

Gooner23
15-02-2016, 07:03 AM
Having Coquelin back in there makes a huge difference

Static
15-02-2016, 07:37 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/29327/10167393/leicester-played-like-champions-despite-defeat-at-arsenal-says-jamie-carragher

When will it end?

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2016, 08:03 AM
That's because it never happened. But if you want some in depth analysis of disgraceful tackles then pop back a week and you'll be able to watch them taking Flamini to town for his tackle.

To be fair....it is pretty impressive.

I've heard.

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2016, 08:08 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/29327/10167393/leicester-played-like-champions-despite-defeat-at-arsenal-says-jamie-carragher

When will it end?

I don't have an issue with what is being said about Leicester right now - even if it is at our expense. They have been written off almost all season, then the media went into a patronising overdrive, so now they are getting their moment where they are being treated with respect by everyone but Michael Owen who reckons they'll get relegated next season.

I don't begrudge them their moment in the sun.

Bumble
15-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Welbeck is well good. Great result and I think having options from the bench makes a big difference and with players returning to fitness think this could be decisive as the season goes into the final stages.

We still have some really tough away games United, Spurs, Everton, West Ham, Sunderland and City. I see us winning all our home games though. Win 3 of those games on our travels and I expect us to do it.

Power n Glory
15-02-2016, 08:19 AM
What a result. Welbeck and Walcott coming off the bench to make a difference.... credit to Wenger for the subs.

Wasn't a great performance but the determination got us over the line. Something to be proud of.

The controversial moments....handball...wasn't a penalty. Ball kicked at you so close, would have been harsh and would have been pissed if a ref gave that against us. Only way to judge. Same goes for the penalty. If the ref waved play on, I'd be pissed. We've had them given and had them denied. I've been pissed when denied and agreed when we've won them.

The red was harsh but the yellow on Coquelin was harsh and the ref looked to be awarding cards for cynical fouls. But that Drinkwater tackle was disgusting and should have been a red.

All that aside.. .well done for Walcott for getting us back into the game. Fantastic head back from Giroud for the assist. We saw the best and worst of Giroud in that game. Ineffective when the game is stretched. Better when teams park the bus but that doesn't really bode well for the team on a whole when having to work in tight spaces. Great to see Welbeck get a goal as well. Would be nice if we could work out a two man strike partnership. We need the best of both worlds.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Welbeck is well good. Great result and I think having options from the bench makes a big difference and with players returning to fitness think this could be decisive as the season goes into the final stages.

We still have some really tough away games United, Spurs, Everton, West Ham, Sunderland and City. I see us winning all our home games though. Win 3 of those games on our travels and I expect us to do it.

City I'm not fussed about because that's the penultimate game. If that still means anything when it comes around then we have done well. United, Spurs and Everton away as 3 of the next 5 will probably define our chances for the run in. Though I think these big away games will bring about some light relief, I think the players struggle under the weight of expectation at the Emirates. I was there yesterday and it can be a very suffocating atmosphere at times.

selassie
15-02-2016, 09:39 AM

On MOTD2 they brushed it off as "he's not that kind of guy" type challenge. TBF, Danny Murphy and Tim Sherwood were being quite complimentary about us, they both tipped us to challenge to the end, they even complimented us on mixing up our play and using Giroud's aerial strength.

selassie
15-02-2016, 09:41 AM
Ramsey was excellent today in the middle but needs to find his shooting boots.

Yeah he was very good 2nd half, probably our best player, he took on a lot of responsibility and drove the team forward.

WMUG
15-02-2016, 09:41 AM
Though I think these big away games will bring about some light relief, I think the players struggle under the weight of expectation at the Emirates. I was there yesterday and it can be a very suffocating atmosphere at times.

Thought the atmosphere after the 1st goal was pretty encouraging, tbf.

Power n Glory
15-02-2016, 09:49 AM
It was an excellent result. I thought we were sunk and had no idea what to think. But the sheer determination. We just started bombing their goal. Chance after chance then finally we got one in. Again, credit to Theo Walcott for getting us in that position. Big game player and worth remembering that. Welbeck also. First game back and nods it in. Fantastic.

But I think we need to change things up. Bif’s goal have dried up and it’s taken him ages to get shots on target these days. If it’s not a header, he hardly gets a real shooting opportunity. It was very open first half and when Ox broke down the wing and played in a cross, I couldn’t help but think if we only had a quicker player latching on to the end of it. Wenger needs to try and work out a two striker system so we have the best of both. Or he needs to bring Giroud on from the bench. Off days for Sanchez and Ozil. Ozil was terrible. But I hope they snap out of it. Ozil got an assist at least.

selassie
15-02-2016, 09:53 AM
It was an excellent result. I thought we were sunk and had no idea what to think. But the sheer determination. We just started bombing their goal. Chance after chance then finally we got one in. Again, credit to Theo Walcott for getting us in that position. Big game player and worth remembering that. Welbeck also. First game back and nods it in. Fantastic.

But I think we need to change things up. Bif’s goal have dried up and it’s taken him ages to get shots on target these days. If it’s not a header, he hardly gets a real shooting opportunity. It was very open first half and when Ox broke down the wing and played in a cross, I couldn’t help but think if we only had a quicker player latching on to the end of it. Wenger needs to try and work out a two striker system so we have the best of both. Or he needs to bring Giroud on from the bench. Off days for Sanchez and Ozil. Ozil was terrible. But I hope they snap out of it. Ozil got an assist at least.

Yep.

I think once Ozil and Sanchez hit form we'll see a big difference in the performance of the team, in fact I think we are still playing a few levels below our best. Our squad is in good shape too, we have some nice options on the bench now, game changing ones if yesterday's outcome is anything to go by.

The away games are going to be tough but this team is more than capable of winning anywhere in the league, the pressure will be immense but I'm starting to feel more positive about our chances now.

Power n Glory
15-02-2016, 09:57 AM
Yep.

I think once Ozil and Sanchez hit form we'll see a big difference in the performance of the team, in fact I think we are still playing a few levels below our best. Our squad is in good shape too, we have some nice options on the bench now, game changing ones if yesterday's outcome is anything to go by.

The away games are going to be tough but this team is more than capable of winning anywhere in the league, the pressure will be immense but I'm starting to feel more positive about our chances now.

It was moment. Feels like a defining moment which is something I usually don't say or try to read too much into.

Slacker
15-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Yep.

This Arsenal team seem more capable of winning away than at home. United away is always a headfuck, Swansea at home should be easy but we'll probably sit back and let them play and struggle, purely because our manager is clueless, but it wouldn't surprise me if we went to Spurs and won.

selassie
15-02-2016, 10:14 AM
It was moment. Feels like a defining moment which is something I usually don't say or try to read too much into.

Aye, you could see what it meant to the players too after Welbz's winner. Think the players realise how big a chance they have.

LDG
15-02-2016, 10:53 AM
Top stuff.

Funnily enough, I thought the penalty was a pen. I mean Vardy went looking for it, and he could have avoided it. But Monreal left his leg out there as an invite. I would have been screaming for a pen at the other end, so meh.

The irritation for me, is that we should have had two penalties. One for the very obvious handball, but also for the second one where Giroud did his acrobatic effort. The players arm stopped a potential goal, regardless of whether it was ball to hand.

Lucky we got the winner so late that the ref couldn't intervene again. Cunt.

Nice to have Welbz back.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Leicester are still in a pretty strong position when you look at what's to come. We have two away games against top 4 rivals plus the match we love to fuck up away to Utd. Leicester play nobody in the top 4. The cunts and the gypos both play us and both are are home. To win this I would think we need to go to both their dumps and get 6 points. And we absolutely cannot afford to fuck up against Utd again. The Barca matches are a pain in the arse now, all that effort just to be knocked out. And we have the FA Cup to deal with too. Some huge demands on the squad coming up and it's time for Wenger to get his rotation policy right and to take whatever sensible measures are required to ensure we don't enter a brand new injury crisis for the run-in. One ace up our sleeve is the possibility of hitting Villa for goal difference if we need to make that up come the last day. Villa should be gone by then and they'll be only playing for pride Mercedes Benz.

ARSENAL'S REMAINING GAMES
vs Manchester United (A)
vs Swansea (H)
vs Tottenham (A)
vs West Brom (H)
vs Everton (A)
vs Watford (H)
vs West Ham (A)
vs Crystal Palace (H)
vs Sunderland (A)
vs Norwich (H)
vs Manchester City (A)
vs Aston Villa (H)

LEICESTER'S REMAINING GAMES
vs Norwich (H)
vs West Brom (H)
vs Watford (A)
vs Newcastle (H)
vs Crystal Palace (A)
vs Southampton (H)
vs Sunderland (A)
vs West Ham (H)
vs Swansea (H)
vs Manchester United (A)
vs Everton (H)
vs Chelsea (A)

CUNT'S REMAINING GAMES
vs Swansea (H)
vs West Ham (A)
vs Arsenal (H)
vs Aston Villa (A)
vs Bournemouth (H)
vs Liverpool (A)
vs Manchester United (H)
vs Stoke (A)
vs West Brom (H)
vs Chelsea (A)
vs Southampton (H)
vs Newcastle (A)

GYPO'S REMAINING GAMES
vs Newcastle (A)
vs Liverpool (A)
vs Aston Villa (H)
vs Norwich (A)
vs Manchester United (H)
vs Bournemouth (A)
vs West Brom (H)
vs Chelsea (A)
vs Stoke (H)
vs Southampton (A)
vs Arsenal (H)
vs Swansea (A)

Marc Overmars
15-02-2016, 11:34 AM
The truth is, it's pretty much wide open. Anyone who can put together a few wins on the bounce will find themselves in pole position. Conversely, any little drop off in results will see you out of it.

Tears will be shed come May tbh.

Power n Glory
15-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Top stuff.

Funnily enough, I thought the penalty was a pen. I mean Vardy went looking for it, and he could have avoided it. But Monreal left his leg out there as an invite. I would have been screaming for a pen at the other end, so meh.

The irritation for me, is that we should have had two penalties. One for the very obvious handball, but also for the second one where Giroud did his acrobatic effort. The players arm stopped a potential goal, regardless of whether it was ball to hand.

Lucky we got the winner so late that the ref couldn't intervene again. Cunt.

Nice to have Welbz back.

What? You’re no Arsenal fan! :lol:

We all see things differently on this one but I thought it was a silly challenge from Monreal. Vardy doesn't have to get out of his way as Henry said.

Oh....Merts was ok in that game too.

WMUG
15-02-2016, 11:39 AM
He doesn't have to get out of the way, but that's irrelevant because he wasn't in the way, he jumped into Monreal.

LDG
15-02-2016, 11:39 AM

We all see things differently on this one but I thought it was a silly challenge from Monreal. Vardy doesn't have to get out of his way as Henry said.

:lol:

If we'd have lost 0-1, then it was cheating pure and simple, and shouldn't have been given.

selassie
15-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Leicester are still in a pretty strong position when you look at what's to come. We have two away games against top 4 rivals plus the match we love to fuck up away to Utd. Leicester play nobody in the top 4. The cunts and the gypos both play us and both are are home. To win this I would think we need to go to both their dumps and get 6 points. And we absolutely cannot afford to fuck up against Utd again. The Barca matches are a pain in the arse now, all that effort just to be knocked out. And we have the FA Cup to deal with too. Some huge demands on the squad coming up and it's time for Wenger to get his rotation policy right and to take whatever sensible measures are required to ensure we don't enter a brand new injury crisis for the run-in. One ace up our sleeve is the possibility of hitting Villa for goal difference if we need to make that up come the last day. Villa should be gone by then and they'll be only playing for pride Mercedes Benz.

ARSENAL'S REMAINING GAMES
vs Manchester United (A)
vs Swansea (H)
vs Tottenham (A)
vs West Brom (H)
vs Everton (A)
vs Watford (H)
vs West Ham (A)
vs Crystal Palace (H)
vs Sunderland (A)
vs Norwich (H)
vs Manchester City (A)
vs Aston Villa (H)

LEICESTER'S REMAINING GAMES
vs Norwich (H)
vs West Brom (H)
vs Watford (A)
vs Newcastle (H)
vs Crystal Palace (A)
vs Southampton (H)
vs Sunderland (A)
vs West Ham (H)
vs Swansea (H)
vs Manchester United (A)
vs Everton (H)
vs Chelsea (A)

CUNT'S REMAINING GAMES
vs Swansea (H)
vs West Ham (A)
vs Arsenal (H)
vs Aston Villa (A)
vs Bournemouth (H)
vs Liverpool (A)
vs Manchester United (H)
vs Stoke (A)
vs West Brom (H)
vs Chelsea (A)
vs Southampton (H)
vs Newcastle (A)

GYPO'S REMAINING GAMES
vs Newcastle (A)
vs Liverpool (A)
vs Aston Villa (H)
vs Norwich (A)
vs Manchester United (H)
vs Bournemouth (A)
vs West Brom (H)
vs Chelsea (A)
vs Stoke (H)
vs Southampton (A)
vs Arsenal (H)
vs Swansea (A)

I think we have the toughest run in, though the Cunts is very difficult too. If we are going to do it we're going to have to do it the hard way.

Leicester's run in looks quite routine though their last 3 games could be quite brutal, can see them being right in contention and then collapsing at the final hurdle.

At the moment the team that is worrying me the most is the Cunts, they look pretty relentless at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to places like West Ham, Liverpool and Chelsea and pick up wins.

As MO said it's still very wide open.

Power n Glory
15-02-2016, 11:45 AM
He doesn't have to get out of the way, but that's irrelevant because he wasn't in the way, he jumped into Monreal.

Not sure if everyone would be saying that if we were on the receiving end and didn't get the decision.

AFC Leveller
15-02-2016, 11:47 AM
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12744214_10153682270952713_4596607394281504059_n.j pg?oh=ea22f8909e0e9153d7657f6b5331e3fb&oe=573346F3

Kano
15-02-2016, 11:53 AM
He's English. English players don't try to con refs for pens.

Or go over the ball into someone else's leg with any sort of malicious intent.

They're just not those type of players.

selassie
15-02-2016, 11:55 AM
This Arsenal team seem more capable of winning away than at home. United away is always a headfuck, Swansea at home should be easy but we'll probably sit back and let them play and struggle, purely because our manager is clueless, but it wouldn't surprise me if we went to Spurs and won.

I agree, I think the likes of Walcott & Welbeck can play a big part in our away games, think we're going to need to play it smart at places like United, Spurs & West Ham are counter them. We need pace for these type of games.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2016, 12:38 PM
Not sure if everyone would be saying that if we were on the receiving end and didn't get the decision.

Who would know? Last time we did it was 2003 and the whole world exploded. To this day, despite the hundreds of similar and far worse incidents including Rooney's career long antics, Pires is held up as the poster boy for that one isolated, never to be repeated incident.

Paul Hayward on Vardy:

With Leicester leading through a Jamie Vardy penalty, Arsenal’s manager was having doubts.

Paul Hayward on Pires:

The Daily Mirror called him "The best French diver since Jacques Cousteau" and Arsenal's Robert Pires really can't complain after adding a new dimension to football's increasingly popular art of simulation.

Cheating in the penalty area is now a highly-evolved science. Not content with merely falling over, players are now going one step further and kicking opponents to create the contact to "justify" the subsequent tumble. At Highbury on Saturday, Pires dashed into the Portsmouth box and flicked his right foot at the stationary leg of Dejan Stefanovic, thus creating the illusion of a foul, which Alan Wiley, the referee, bought hook, line and sinker.

In the courts, they call this entrapment. I call it despicable. If you think about it, one devious impulse determined the outcome of a multi-million pound event. More importantly, it deprived 38,000 spectators of the right to watch a 90-minute slice of sport. Instead they witnessed an elaborate exercise in manipulation. A lie.

The people who hold the power to eradicate synchronised cheating - players and managers - increasingly count only the gains. Top of the list of losses is faith in the game. Pires is not the first, of course. Diving has a long, dark history. The difference now is that it has become part of the culture, the mindset, striker's arsenal, if you'll forgive the pun.

Here is a list of the people and things that Pires damaged by his actions:

1) Portsmouth, who were deprived of all three points by the resulting penalty and so had to settle for a 1-1 draw.
If they are relegated by a single point, they will know who to thank, though Harry Redknapp, their manager, surrendered the sympathy vote when he confessed he wouldn't object if one of his own players conned a referee.

2) Stefanovic, who scrupulously withdrew his right leg as Pires advanced but still finished up with a yellow card.

3) Wiley, a good referee who will be docked 10 points by the assessor and will be thought of from now on as naive.

4) Pires himself. I'll close my ears if I ever hear this former Footballer of the Year emote about how much he loves the beautiful game.

Before the letters start coming, yes, Manchester United's Ruud van Nistlerooy can be equally Machiavellian. And Arsenal are plainly not alone. Two seasons ago, referees declared war on simulation but were accused of besmirching the integrity of players. They ought to be given a fresh mandate to resume the original campaign.

Wiley's error was to award a penalty to Pires when there was obvious room for doubt. Thanks to Pires and Co, overwhelming proof of guilt on the part of the defender should be required from now on.

Finally, wouldn't it be party time if managers took any diver to one side and told him: "Son, this will destroy the public's trust in the game that gives us our living. I don't want us to win or draw by cheating. There should be honour between us. In future you go down only if you're fouled."

Jacques Cousteau had to hold his breath, but don't hold yours.

Globalgunner
15-02-2016, 01:45 PM

Completely wrong logic there. Its Monreal who does not have to get out of Vardys way. After winning the dubious pen, Mahrez thought he would try the same trick and this time the Ref who probably saw the replay at HT was not buying it. Even crap refs dont like to be conned.

Power n Glory
15-02-2016, 01:57 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/video-did-theo-walcott-dive-to-win-arsenals-penalty-at-wigan/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8MB5iuyms

It happens. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes we don't. It's on the FA and governing bodies to bring in technology to cut it out.

Power n Glory
15-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Completely wrong logic there. Its Monreal who does not have to get out of Vardys way. After winning the dubious pen, Mahrez thought he would try the same trick and this time the Ref who probably saw the replay at HT was not buying it. Even crap refs dont like to be conned.

Again, we'll see examples of our players doing this and still take the penalty or be pissed if we don't get one. I've got no time for the victim stuff, blaming Vardy or line after line of what the rules state. It's on the governing body to sort this out. It's only with the benefit of a replay and slow motion can people come up with half of this stuff.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2016, 03:01 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/video-did-theo-walcott-dive-to-win-arsenals-penalty-at-wigan/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8MB5iuyms

It happens. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes we don't. It's on the FA and governing bodies to bring in technology to cut it out.

That incident is nothing like the Vardy one. Vardy had to move into the player to make the contact. Not saying the Walcott pen wasn't soft but the tackle from behind in the box is the classic pen, refs will always give that one. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Vardy's cheating didn't prevail in the end.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2016, 03:07 PM
Again, we'll see examples of our players doing this and still take the penalty or be pissed if we don't get one. I've got no time for the victim stuff, blaming Vardy or line after line of what the rules state. It's on the governing body to sort this out. It's only with the benefit of a replay and slow motion can people come up with half of this stuff.

I can't understand why a player would want to do it, on a personal level. That and the rolling around being a cissy. I could never do that. We were always taught the opposite, pretend it didn't hurt even if your leg is hanging off. That was rugby though. Players with boxing physiques rolling around crying or flinging themselves in the air, it's embarrassing more than anything. Maybe it would be better if some sort of weekly round up in the media mercilessly took the piss out of the offenders and humiliated them to such a degree it wouldn't be worth the grief. Hound them out. Tech would be ideal but the corrupt bastards in charge have been dragging their heels on that for years.

Power n Glory
15-02-2016, 03:12 PM
I can't understand why a player would want to do it, on a personal level. That and the rolling around being a cissy. I could never do that. We were always taught the opposite, pretend it didn't hurt even if your leg is hanging off. That was rugby though. Players with boxing physiques rolling around crying or flinging themselves in the air, it's embarrassing more than anything. Maybe it would be better if some sort of weekly round up in the media mercilessly took the piss out of the offenders and humiliated them to such a degree it wouldn't be worth the grief. Hound them out. Tech would be ideal but the corrupt bastards in charge have been dragging their heels on that for years.

The press try to but it's obviously biased so hounding out doesn't work. Gerrard and Rooney were never pulled up on it. Everyone won't have the same code of ethics so it's really up to the governing bodies.

Özim
15-02-2016, 03:35 PM

It's part and parcel of the game, they are taught to gain an advantage for their team, if a player leaves his leg hanging out fall over it, that's the way it is, the onus is on players not to make mistakes.

We've had a fair few players like that ourselves, you just have to accept it in the same way you have to accept you can't get away with the same tackles you could 15 years ago.

Özim
15-02-2016, 03:43 PM
That incident is nothing like the Vardy one. Vardy had to move into the player to make the contact. Not saying the Walcott pen wasn't soft but the tackle from behind in the box is the classic pen, refs will always give that one. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Vardy's cheating didn't prevail in the end.

The way I see it that's not that different, Cazorla went down like a sack of Spuds, pretty sure noone said a thing then, we do it and so does everyone else.

Mahrez also made the most of it but actually had his foot caught but they didn't get that one.

Thing is people on her are always going to be biased, almost every single week people complain about the ref the missed penalties, sendings off etc

For every decision you deem wrong there's probably one equally wrong for the opposition that noone on here acknowledges.

If the refs, the pundits and the papers agree about certain decisions but the only ones disagreeing are the Arsenal fans it tells you everything you need to know.

Power n Glory
15-02-2016, 04:03 PM
The way I see it that's not that different, Cazorla went down like a sack of Spuds, pretty sure noone said a thing then, we do it and so does everyone else.

Mahrez also made the most of it but actually had his foot caught but they didn't get that one.

Thing is people on her are always going to be biased, almost every single week people complain about the ref the missed penalties, sendings off etc

For every decision you deem wrong there's probably one equally wrong for the opposition that noone on here acknowledges.

If the refs, the pundits and the papers agree about certain decisions but the only ones disagreeing are the Arsenal fans it tells you everything you need to know.

Hence why we need replays in the game. One of their players went through on goal and was wrongly waved off side. Luckily he didn't score but if he did it would have been the wrong call.

We got away with the Mahrez decision as well. People say the sending off was soft but I think the ref made a precedent for himself with that Coquelin booking and the Kos booking. Cynical fouls that disrupt play and stop the counter weren't tolerated so Simpson had to go.

End of the day, we just need to play better so these small decisions aren't so costly. Monreal and Kos were really off their game yesterday.

rodders
15-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Thank God we won, however hardly an inspiring performance against 10 men. Looks to me like Spurs title favourites.

Özim
15-02-2016, 04:28 PM
End of the day, we just need to play better so these small decisions aren't so costly. Monreal and Kos were really off their game yesterday.

Totally agree, if you perform and play well these decisions rarely make a difference, problem is we don't really perform, we we didn't until they were reduced to 10 and couldn't get out of their half as they had no outlet.

selassie
15-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Totally agree, if you perform and play well these decisions rarely make a difference, problem is we don't really perform, we we didn't until they were reduced to 10 and couldn't get out of their half as they had no outlet.

Yeah we definitely need to improve, if we continue as we are we won't win the title. We've had a few decent spells this season so I'm convinced there are a few more gears left in this team and I hope and expect us to improve, we simply have to because we have quite a difficult run-in.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2016, 05:02 PM
I'm surprised we are seen as favourites because I think we have been unconvincing for a while, every game just seems to be a slog right now.

selassie
15-02-2016, 05:09 PM
I'm surprised we are seen as favourites because I think we have been unconvincing for a while, every game just seems to be a slog right now.

I think it's only because we have won something over the past few years and are always up there when compared to Leicester or Spurs.

City have been awful for a while now but I'm not completely writing them off yet, they are more than capable of putting in a late dash, they actually played quite well in parts yesterday and dominated the latter part of the game until the Spuds scored the winner.

I agree though we've been wobbling for a while and have not won in a convincing manner for quite a while now.

The Emirates Gallactico
15-02-2016, 05:52 PM
I suppose with a lot of players returning or about to return from injury we may be a bit physically fresher than the others who have played with smaller squads and at a higher intensity throughout the season. That may be another reason why the bookies/papers have us as favourites as well.

But yeah I agree, we haven't been convincing for a while now. Hate to say it, but as things stand, Spurs are favourites for this.

Letters
15-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Spurs do look strong, and they did play us more or less off the pitch at the Emirates

I wish people would stop saying that. It really is bullshit.
I believe we had more possession than them and as many chances on target.
There were times when Spurs were bossing it and at 0-1 we were hanging on a bit (Cech :bow:) but there were times we bossed it as well and at the end it was Spurs hanging on and us looking more likely to win. It was a good game between 2 good teams which ebbed and flowed, both teams had periods of dominance.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Letters we were dreadful in that game and deserved to lose, we created fuck all in the way of meaningful chances until the second half and the only reason we didn't get bummed was because Spurs bottled it when it came to finishing off the much better chances they carved out.
Yes in the last ten minutes we looked like the side in the ascendancy but it would have been a travesty had we nicked it.
You ask any football neutral to compare us and Spurs and say which has been the better side this season, in terms of performance they would say Spurs.
They look hard to beat, they look like they will bully you off the ball and pressure you with high pressing, we look dangerous with pace but we don't look incisive or strong.
On current respective form Spurs would maim us, and we really need to hope for a reversal of fortune when we go to play them.

Power n Glory
15-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Regardless, I think we need to take them serious this season. Looking at the table filled me with dread just a second ago. We have to win this title just to be sure they don't. It's unthinkable but a chilling thought either way. We have a chance to put them in their place when we meet.

Kano
15-02-2016, 06:39 PM
I think it's only because we have won something over the past few years and are always up there when compared to Leicester or Spurs.

City have been awful for a while now but I'm not completely writing them off yet, they are more than capable of putting in a late dash, they actually played quite well in parts yesterday and dominated the latter part of the game until the Spuds scored the winner.

I agree though we've been wobbling for a while and have not won in a convincing manner for quite a while now.
City have been awful all season. Toure is a lazy piece of shit, Silva has been off his game all season and it all comes down to Aguero now. Losing De Bruyne was massive for them because they have to rely on Toure turning up for the last 15 minutes of games instead. Kompany coming back will help their defence a bit but as we saw yesterday, his presence isn't the cure-all it has been touted as.

Spurs and Leicester have been the most consistent teams all season. One look at their games lost column shows us that. Europa and FA commitments could hurt Spurs and Leicester have yesterday to overcome. We can also fuck it up because in recent years league wise, that's just what we do. If we get to the end of March still in contention, then it's really on.

The fixtures at this time of the season take on a whole new dimension when you look at traditional gimmes against teams near the foot of the table. Teams scraping for survival often produce shock results. Whereas some in midtable begin to switch off thinking the job is done, thinking of their holidays.

Add in our returning players, particularly Cazorla in the next 2/3 weeks and it makes the run-in impossible to call. I would say with confidence that City are out of it now. They looked imperious for 3 games this season at the start and since then have woefully underperformed.

The cherry on the cake would be seeing City drop out of the top four, leaving Guardiola with no CL football next season.

Kano
15-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Apparently Wenger has made the joint fewest league subs in the top four but those players have scored the most goals.

Ollie the Optimist
15-02-2016, 06:54 PM
I think MOTD showed us last night every thing that is wrong with English football.

They praised Vardy for diving as its gamesmanship and thats a good thing, then ten seconds later had a go at ramsey for reacting to a leg breaking tackle.

The fact they then defended the tackle by saying he isn't that sort of player just showed how much MOTD has sunk to new depths of crapness.

Letters
15-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Letters we were dreadful in that game and deserved to lose
No, we didn't. The Spurs fans I spoke to at the time agreed a point each was about right.
The reason we didn't lose is because of Cech, he kept us in it at 1-0. And that isn't luck, that's what a world class 'keeper does for you.
We had periods of dominance in that game and towards the end in the spell when we equalised and till the end it was all us and Spurs were hanging on.

You ask any football neutral to compare us and Spurs and say which has been the better side this season, in terms of performance they would say Spurs.
Made up 'facts' :bow:
We've got the same points as them. Early season we were looking like the more consistent side (Spurs were hard to beat but were drawing too many) right now I'd agree Spurs are in better form but they've got the tougher run-in I reckon.

But I agree with PnG, they definitely need to be taken seriously.

Power n Glory
15-02-2016, 07:18 PM
I think MOTD showed us last night every thing that is wrong with English football.

They praised Vardy for diving as its gamesmanship and thats a good thing, then ten seconds later had a go at ramsey for reacting to a leg breaking tackle.

The fact they then defended the tackle by saying he isn't that sort of player just showed how much MOTD has sunk to new depths of crapness.

Waste of time listening to that lot. A complete waste of time.

selassie
15-02-2016, 08:19 PM
Regardless, I think we need to take them serious this season. Looking at the table filled me with dread just a second ago. We have to win this title just to be sure they don't. It's unthinkable but a chilling thought either way. We have a chance to put them in their place when we meet.

I feel ya PnG, it's exactly how I feel. I've started watching them closely lately and they control games, they are not up there by luck. I dont necessarily think they are the best team in PL, but they are the most organised with arguably the most balanced 11, their spine isn't to be laughed at either.

We are going to need to play at a high level to get anything out of the game in a few weeks time.

Kano
15-02-2016, 08:29 PM
No, we didn't. The Spurs fans I spoke to at the time agreed a point each was about right.
The reason we didn't lose is because of Cech, he kept us in it at 1-0. And that isn't luck, that's what a world class 'keeper does for you.
We had periods of dominance in that game and towards the end in the spelcril when we equalised and till the end it was all us and Spurs were hanging on.

Made up 'facts' :bow:
We've got the same points as them. Early season we were looking like the more consistent side (Spurs were hard to beat but were drawing too many) right now I'd agree Spurs are in better form but they've got the tougher run-in I reckon.

But I agree with PnG, they definitely need to be taken seriously.

I think you need to watch the games to be able to compare and as painful as it is to say it, Spurs have been the better and more consistent side so far this season. Just comparing points is a superficial way of coming to conclusions. That's like looking at shots at goal and possession and assuming the one with the most was the better team. If so, Man Utd would've won the league by now on that basis. I've seen most of their live matches and they rarely look out of control in games, always a threat. The same certainly can't be said for us this season. We've had quite a lot of games where we've been fortunate not to lose and not solely because of Cech because I agree having a great keeper is part and parcel. Getting points from bad situations is a strong battling quality we have. But as an overall team, controlling the ebb and flow of a football match, then Tottenham have been the best at that all season. But enough of this pro-Spud talk before I ruin the rest of my night talking about that shithole club.

selassie
15-02-2016, 08:31 PM
City have been awful all season. Toure is a lazy piece of shit, Silva has been off his game all season and it all comes down to Aguero now. Losing De Bruyne was massive for them because they have to rely on Toure turning up for the last 15 minutes of games instead. Kompany coming back will help their defence a bit but as we saw yesterday, his presence isn't the cure-all it has been touted as.

Spurs and Leicester have been the most consistent teams all season. One look at their games lost column shows us that. Europa and FA commitments could hurt Spurs and Leicester have yesterday to overcome. We can also fuck it up because in recent years league wise, that's just what we do. If we get to the end of March still in contention, then it's really on.

The fixtures at this time of the season take on a whole new dimension when you look at traditional gimmes against teams near the foot of the table. Teams scraping for survival often produce shock results. Whereas some in midtable begin to switch off thinking the job is done, thinking of their holidays.

Add in our returning players, particularly Cazorla in the next 2/3 weeks and it makes the run-in impossible to call. I would say with confidence that City are out of it now. They looked imperious for 3 games this season at the start and since then have woefully underperformed.

The cherry on the cake would be seeing City drop out of the top four, leaving Guardiola with no CL football next season.

Yeah, the loss of De Bruyne may well have killed off City's challenge, he's been their best player this season by some distance. Spurs and Leicester have definitely been the most consistent, I hate to say this but Spurs look to be the best team in the league at the moment to me, we really need to beat them in a few weeks time as it could potentially damage their season.

I agree regarding our returning players, Santi is crucial for us in the run-in, if we can get through the next 3 games (Man U, Swansea & Spurs) without him and are still in touching distance then we could be good to go.

GP
15-02-2016, 08:33 PM
http://readarsenal.com/2016/02/15/giroud-proves-pivotal-leicester-victory/

Dein-machine
17-02-2016, 01:54 PM
http://readarsenal.com/2016/02/15/giroud-proves-pivotal-leicester-victory/

written by the great footballing pundit Safwan Khawaja - he must be a spud.
If your gonna start praising mediocre players because at 6ft 4 he can win a few headers then why not buy Crouch who would win even more. Continuing to offer contracts to the likes of Giroud, Merts, Arteta & Flamini is the reason why 10 years on from the promise of European domination ( in order to persuade us to leave Highbury & pay the highest ticket prices in the world ) we are now creaming ourselves after beating 10 men Leicester City by a goal in the last seconds whilst in the same sentence hoping that Barca don't put 10 past us - glad that some of you seem happy with what your getting. Mr Wenger & the board certainly are.

Chippy
17-02-2016, 03:43 PM
I think you need to watch the games to be able to compare and as painful as it is to say it, Spurs have been the better and more consistent side so far this season. Just comparing points is a superficial way of coming to conclusions. That's like looking at shots at goal and possession and assuming the one with the most was the better team. If so, Man Utd would've won the league by now on that basis. I've seen most of their live matches and they rarely look out of control in games, always a threat. The same certainly can't be said for us this season. We've had quite a lot of games where we've been fortunate not to lose and not solely because of Cech because I agree having a great keeper is part and parcel. Getting points from bad situations is a strong battling quality we have. But as an overall team, controlling the ebb and flow of a football match, then Tottenham have been the best at that all season. But enough of this pro-Spud talk before I ruin the rest of my night talking about that shithole club.

:sick:

Telegraph.co.uk :

It is workplace gloating, schoolyard swagger, the banterlicious emblem of a generation of supremacy: the one taunt that Tottenham fans are powerless to rebut. And understanding its powerful pull is of the utmost importance if we are to make sense of this most senseless of title races.
Since Arsenal gained a decisive ascendancy in the mid-Nineties, St  Totteringham’s Day has been celebrated as early as March 9, as late as the final day of the season. But it always comes. This is the thing about the Arsenal-Tottenham rivalry: like an episode of The Simpsons, it has twists and turns and thrills, but in the end everything has magically reverted to the way it was at the start. Nothing, really, has changed at all.
And so in a sport defined by flux, where stars are made overnight and empires crumble in a twinkling, Arsenal have enjoyed the luxurious certainty of dominance. Around the turn of the century you would hear Arsenal fans quite openly discussing whether Chelsea, in fact, were now their real rivals.
For any fan under the age of about 30, beating Tottenham is not something that has required a great deal of imagination or willpower or even effort. It has just happened, as reliably as gravity, as inevitably as death. It is quite possible that there is not a single player in either squad who remembers the last time Tottenham finished ahead of Arsenal in 1995. That is not just a psychological edge. It is a pair of handcuffs.
Three times in the past decade, Tottenham have been ahead of Arsenal at this point of the season. Each time, they have been overhauled. In 2006 Tottenham were still a point ahead going into the final weekend.
Martin Jol’s furious touchline argument with Arsène Wenger towards the end of the season was interpreted as the symbolic defiance of a club who would no longer be dictated to. Ultimately, Spurs lost their final game at West Ham courtesy of a germ-riddled lasagne. Order was restored.
The reverse of 2012 was, if anything, more dramatic. Arsenal were 10 points behind going into the north London derby in late February, and when they proceeded to go 2-0 down at home, the curse of St Totteringham appeared to have been lifted at last.
Instead Tottenham’s midfield capitulated, Arsenal ran out comfortable 5-2 winners, and, as Harry Redknapp’s team waned, Arsenal ruthlessly swallowed up the ground between them. It was a similar story the following season, when Arsenal came from seven points behind with 10 games remaining to pip Tottenham to the Champions League yet again.
It is the sort of record that breeds certain expectations. The Wenger era has been underpinned by two non-negotiable rules: annual Champions League qualification for the board, and an annual celebration of St  Totteringham’s Day for the fans.
The problem comes when you have a season that rips up the rules entirely and threatens to create an entirely new order.
The first objective may be pretty much guaranteed, but the second is more problematic. This is both the blessing and the curse of being Arsenal at the moment: bright, strident hope slow-dancing with dark, mortifying fear.
The most open title race in years is threatening to awaken Arsenal’s deepest, most repressed nightmare: the prospect that not only will they blow their best shot at the Premier League for a decade, but that they will hand it to Tottenham in the process.
Wenger, for his part, is too busy managing a football club to entertain his deepest, most repressed nightmares. “I am not obsessed by finishing ahead of Tottenham,” he said this month. “Spurs are always a threat. But we are not thinking about Tottenham. We just want to do well and are focused on our own performances.”
Tottenham and Arsenal have tussled for Champions League qualification before, but this is largely uncharted territory: the first genuine title race between the two north London rivals since 1952. And so, for the first time, Arsenal’s traditional primacy may be as much of a hindrance as a help. They have a better squad, more money, higher expectations, a virtual monopoly on title-race experience. They have far, far more to lose here.
Arsenal’s moment of greatest insecurity has coincided with Tottenham’s moment of greatest confidence.
For Arsenal fans, the sight of Tottenham looming in the rear view mirror and then sidling past them conjures all sorts of unwelcome thoughts. Losing the title to Leicester could be put down as a freak result. Losing to Manchester City would be disappointing but not unprecedented. Losing to Tottenham, on the other hand, is the sort of experience that scars a club for years. Arsenal fans still sing about winning the league at White Hart Lane in 2004, and they had only just stopped singing about winning it there in 1971.
Every time Tottenham beat Arsenal you hear pundits and broadcasters wondering if the “balance of power” in north London has shifted. It never has: not yet, anyway. Yet Tottenham have something Arsenal do not: freshness and froth, draughtsman’s drawings for a brand new stadium, the gleam of renewal.
Arsenal, meanwhile, have status, security, the solace of the known. They have world-class players, a manager they trust and a robust set of accounts for the most recent fiscal year.
They have enjoyed an era of stability that is virtually unmatchable in modern football. And for those same reasons, they are fearful in a way that few supporters of other clubs can really imagine. For two decades, St  Totteringham’s Day has arrived as regularly as day follows night. What happens when the sun no longer rises?

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Get your St  Totteringham’s Day beer in, it will be happening as usual. The board and Wenger know this is a line that can't be crossed. This is like their 4th place trophy being in doubt, they'll do what it takes to preserve it when the time comes.

I am invisible
17-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Spursday night football int the Europa league will come to the rescue...

Globalgunner
17-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Spursday night football int the Europa league will come to the rescue...
Pls God . Make it so.

Chippy
17-02-2016, 06:07 PM
Pls God . Make it so.

Hallelujah Brother, hallelujah!