20-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Fuck it, in to the QF draw.

No Özil, no party.

Power n Glory
20-02-2016, 02:42 PM
Welbeck looked sharp at least.

Gubby Allen
20-02-2016, 02:42 PM
That got quite tense for the last 20 minutes. Pity it couldn't have gone on for another 30 minutes of extra time.

Another day we'd have won 4-0 but got lucky with Koscielny staying on and their offside goal that wasn't.

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Welbeck looked sharp at least.

And Elmo showed he still has something left from the proper coaching he got at his last club. Whether we can use it before Wenger gets his hands on him, I don't know. But I liked his constant movement and his simple passing and his (shhhhh) forward momentum.

Master Splinter
20-02-2016, 02:45 PM
We have trouble scoring at the moment. Had more than enough chances to win.

Alexis' form not improving.

Elneny and Welbeck played pretty well.

Power n Glory
20-02-2016, 02:46 PM
The house is dry. We're on a goal drought.

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2016, 02:48 PM
The house is dry. We're on a goal drought.

Fuck. I thought you meant your house. Was going to say, we all need a few drinks after that.

Letters
20-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Treble is still on.
Wenger :bow:

##

Marc Overmars
20-02-2016, 02:57 PM
If we don't win the league, it will be because our attack is about as useful as a blunt knife. Not fit for purpose.

Letters
20-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Poor performance, looked like we could have played till midnight and not scored. We do look toothless up front and that's a worry.
But every FA Cup campaign has bumps in the road. People seem to forget that. In other campaigns when we won the FA Cup we didn't sweep all before us. In 98, for example, We drew with Port Vale at home (won away in the replay on pens), drew with Palace at home (won the replay away), drew with West Ham at home (won the replay away on pens) and only beat Wolves 1-0 in the semi-final.
We're in the hat so as poor as we are I'll take it, we could have done without a replay but it's better than being out.

Maestro
20-02-2016, 04:16 PM
If we don't win the league, it will be because our attack is about as useful as a blunt knife. Not fit for purpose.

Only one man and his dog Ty, thought our firepower was adequate this season. But what do we know we're just armchair pundits, and football management is so complicated.

Ernesto
20-02-2016, 04:26 PM

Do you reckon it's our personnel, or the way we play?

I'm with you on this, we do need to bolster our firepower. Having said that, I don't think Jamie Vardy would have scored in 11 games in a row had he been wearing a red and white jersey

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2016, 04:30 PM
The fire-power we have would be more than enough if we had a competent manager. We don't, as was demonstrated again today by the disorganised rabble of talented players sent out by the prehistoric equivalent of a donkey to huff and puff and tip and tap around the place. Wenger is demented. The same thing over and over again, yielding the same performances. He persists. He must think the way we are playing is acceptable, and by his rock-bottom standards maybe it is.

IBK
20-02-2016, 04:35 PM
I thought we looked lively first part of first half, but then the tempo seemed to drop. The game was typical of where we are lately. We lack a cutting edge, but it is really frustrating that we seem to make scoring as difficult as we can by our ponderously slow build up play - meaning that it's so often us trying to thread the ball through the opposition half's massed defence. Pressing high and compressing the game around the opposing team's box isn't working. It is Cazorla's absence that has seen the fast counter attacking style we used earlier in the season disappear?

Letters
20-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Do you reckon it's our personnel, or the way we play?

I'm with you on this, we do need to bolster our firepower. Having said that, I don't think Jamie Vardy would have scored in 11 games in a row had he been wearing a red and white jersey

It is a bit of both. We've got some very good players but we move the ball forward so slowly and make it difficult for ourselves.

mastermind84
20-02-2016, 05:31 PM
The only person on our team who converts consistently is Giroud and he hasn't scored in a while.

Need to get more goal scorers this summer.

adzzzbatch
20-02-2016, 05:43 PM
Shockingly shit. The sad thing is hull didn't want the replay either.

Also the half empty stadium booed the team off.

Munchies
21-02-2016, 01:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdKi3mWFtRM

:haha:

Niall_Quinn
21-02-2016, 01:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdKi3mWFtRM

:haha:

Poor old Claude is wrong, you do need to rest players when you have a game on Saturday and then a game on Tuesday. But it's not as simple as that. Squad rotation should be planned over a season, not a week. Wenger rotates whole teams and that's just pure shit. You still need to put out a balanced team and preserve integrity, you make a few changes because you've been smart enough to make alternative changes in previous games. But Wenger doesn't do that. Instead he chucks management in the bin and leaves it to whoever he sticks on the pitch to find a way. He's not even a football manager any more. He's just some bloke managing the finances. In that respect he's doing an excellent job - if you have a stake in the profits.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Steve Bruce is whining about having the replay - well why did he set up for ten men behind the ball for 75 minutes then? Berk.

Niall_Quinn
21-02-2016, 11:10 AM
Steve Bruce is whining about having the replay - well why did he set up for ten men behind the ball for 75 minutes then? Berk.

It'll be talking points from the authorities I guess. If everyone has a moan then the money guys can rush to the rescue and hack up the cup a bit more. The clubs have these huge squads but they can't do replays? Win it first time around then.

selassie
22-02-2016, 09:41 AM

I'm starting to really worry about our finishing, it's massively concerning now. It's not just that but we don't even create that many clear cut chances.

I actually think the only way we will get past Hull is by playing a near to full strength team, I think we are going to need Ozil to get past them in the replay.

Wenger really needs to upgrade the attack in the summer, he may have to do if we don't win anything this season.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Wenger really needs to upgrade the attack in the summer...

And the summer before, and the summer before, and the summer before that...

selassie
22-02-2016, 10:28 AM
And the summer before, and the summer before, and the summer before that...

:lol:

You just know that this summer our only signing will be Michael Carrick on a freebie. :haha: