PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Swansea at home (15/16)

Pages : [1] 2

Munchies
02-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Live twitter feed on #WengerOut
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23wengerout&src=typd

adzzzbatch
WENGER OUT.

McNamara That Ghost...
Fucking clubs tapping our players up.

LDG
02-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Wenger out

Globalgunner
02-03-2016, 09:43 PM
What comes to mind when you think of Shit. Wenger
When you think about Wenger what comes to mind. Shit

selassie
02-03-2016, 09:44 PM
https://greatrednorth.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/wenger-water-ltd.jpg

This shit is still going on what 6, 7 years later?

Özim
What impressed me today was our mental strength and spirit and togetherness, we also can't fault the effort.

Kano
Wenger

alexander
Do we even need to discuss this anymore, can we just copy and paste the replies from all the other piss poor weak performances this season and previous?

Im done with this team and manager. Even if we win the FA cup or by some miracle, the league, I would genuinely find it hard to celebrate now.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-03-2016, 09:45 PM
Wenger out.

adzzzbatch
There's fuck all left to say is there?

dostoy
I was foolish to think that we might win this one, I should have known better.

We are total, complete and utter SHIT.

Wenger has GOT to go in the summer.

I apologise to everyone but I think that is me done until a new manager arrives.

I just cannot be bothered to care anymore.

Özim
Q: What do fink of Wenger
A: Shit
Q: What do you fink of shit
A: Wenger
Q: Fank you!

Munchies
Apparently Cech just injured his hamstring

3-4 weeks out

crashley
02-03-2016, 09:46 PM
absolute dog shit

6 defeats already

a win next Saturday to save his job?

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2016, 09:46 PM
This was predictable. The fans could have got behind the team but instead they opted to criticise the manager and here's the inevitable outcome. Well done you plastics. Well done.

Ernesto
02-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Where are the goals going to come from? It's scary how we can't score.

I have no affection for the current incumbent at Arsenal whatsoever

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
absolute dog shit

6 defeats already

a win next Saturday to save his job?

You need to learn to count

Ralpheroo72
Wenger Out, Kroenke out. Say what you want about Usmanov, he wouldnt have put up with this shit for so long.

crashley
Will he play in the FA Cup final?

Apparently Cech just injured his hamstring

3-4 weeks out

LDG
02-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Cech pulled his hammy at the last corner too.

adzzzbatch
Where are the goals going to come from? It's scary how we can't score.

I have no affection for the current incumbent at Arsenal whatsoever

Well no fucker wants to shoot!

McNamara That Ghost...
I didn't think I would be saying this in October but this is Wenger's worst attack ever or should I say worst coached because I don't think the players should be as bad as this.

adzzzbatch
02-03-2016, 09:49 PM

Wouldn't blame him if he's faking it. He's probably pissed off with the shit going on in front of him on a regular basis.

crashley
02-03-2016, 09:50 PM
You need to learn to count

In the Premier League obviously, peanarse

alexander
I don't even know why I'm annoyed and disappointed. It's not like it's never happened before, or keeps happening.
Maybe this period is my watershed moment. At least until something massive changes at the club.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
Say what you want about Usmanov

Ok he's a criminal and a rapist and I will never forgive David Dein for allowing him anywhere near the club

The Emirates Gallactico
I didn't think I would be saying this in October but this is Wenger's worst attack ever or should I say worst coached because I don't think the players should be as bad as this.

:gp:

He's got the best set of players he's had since the invincibles yet we're playing as bad as we were under the misery days of Chamkah and Bendtner.

Shit coaching and management. Wenger out.

Özim
02-03-2016, 09:51 PM
This was predictable. The fans could have got behind the team but instead they opted to criticise the manager and here's the inevitable outcome. Well done you plastics. Well done.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

adzzzbatch

Would love to know what they do in training! The players we have should be doing better than they are though bunch of overpaid tossers.

Munchies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSFEaI4HdA

3 years later, still as relevant

AFTV later :popcorn:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
In the Premier League obviously, peanarse

You still need to learn to count

7 premier league defeats

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2016, 09:52 PM

He was suffering with it against Utd too. But at least the guy can escape the coming humiliations, he doesn't deserve them. Let Ospina chuck a couple in his own net to add to the whole circus vibe.

selassie
I don't even know why I'm annoyed and disappointed. It's not like it's never happened before, or keeps happening.
Maybe this period is my watershed moment. At least until something massive changes at the club.

Yeah we're in crisis now, the thing is even if we improve it won't be to the extent of what is required, I.E. a title win. Wenger is totally finished, he's built a team so unbalanced that we can't even string a pass together. I'm done for the season, not interested in watching anymore of this shit.

The Emirates Gallactico
Ozil and Alexis will be hunting for new clubs this summer. They're not going to tolerate this shit.

Ernesto
02-03-2016, 09:54 PM
I want to hear what Wenger has to say. I want direct questioning
I want him to squirm.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2016, 09:54 PM
Would love to know what they do in training! The players we have should be doing better than they are though bunch of overpaid tossers.

Get injured mainly.

selassie
02-03-2016, 09:55 PM
I want to hear what Wenger has to say. I want direct questioning
I want him to squirm.

He'll blame it on someone else like he always does. It's the fan faults, the referees, the opposition because they tackled our players. Didn't you know he's beyond questioning because he's been in management 20 years?

Özim
02-03-2016, 09:55 PM

couple wins and the fans in the stadium will forget everything that's happened before.

fakeyank
02-03-2016, 09:56 PM
FUCK OFF WENGER

AFC Leveller
If he had any respect for the fans he would resign right now. He has had 20 years, thats more than anyone else and he has to go now.

No balls no character no guts. Typical french. Hitler did say the French were the easiest people to occupy, he did it in 24 hours. The French have no balls.

Ernesto

Classic AFCTV.

I genuinely believe that this kicked into motion some sort of 'people power' bandwagon that saw us sign ozil and have a semi successful season. We need more of the same.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie

Well it was a case of

"The serfs are getting restless, sign Ozil that will keep them happy and distracted"

The Emirates Gallactico
Donald Trump getting one step closer to the US presidency and now Arsenal with back to back defeats. It's been a bad couple of days for me. :(

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Ozil and Alexis will be hunting for new clubs this summer. They're not going to tolerate this shit.

We'll blow the transfer budget bribing them to stay. This is what happens when you are balls to the wall, all-in - 50% We were 2-3 players short in the summer. Whole different season if the money had been spent right there. But fuck, we had Flamini the keep fit guy, so why not risk it? Who could have known it would turn out like this?

Ralpheroo72
02-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Ok he's a criminal and a rapist and I will never forgive David Dein for allowing him anywhere near the club

Rape? You sure?

Chippy
02-03-2016, 09:59 PM

So fucking what! They are hardly setting the world on fire! We need a new manager and a clear out of the shit Wumger has bought!

adzzzbatch

we shouldn't tolerate shit performances from Alexis anymore either he's pretty much had a free ride but his performances since his lay off with injury have been terrible.

McNamara That Ghost...
Donald Trump getting one step closer to the US presidency and now Arsenal with back to back defeats. It's been a bad couple of days for me. :(

Three defeats in a row for us.

Niall_Quinn
If he had any respect for the fans he would resign right now. He has had 20 years, thats more than anyone else and he has to go now.

No balls no character no guts. Typical french. Hitler did say the French were the easiest people to occupy, he did it in 24 hours. The French have no balls.

Vieira? Petit? Thierry? Pires? Giroud?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-03-2016, 10:01 PM
We'll blow the transfer budget bribing them to stay. This is what happens when you are balls to the wall, all-in - 50% We were 2-3 players short in the summer. Whole different season if the money had been spent right there. But fuck, we had Flamini the keep fit guy, so why not risk it? Who could have known it would turn out like this?

I'm glad Wenger is so frugal because actually don't want him spending the clubs money now.

We'd have lost tonight if we had a lineup like Barcelona or Bayern Munich, it's not even tactical lacking. No offence to Swansea but you don't need a tactical plan to beat them you need players to show up.

Yes we were poor but easily had enough chances to win this game and there is something mentally wrong with Wengers sides.

Niall_Quinn
we shouldn't tolerate shit performances from Alexis anymore either he's pretty much had a free ride but his performances since his lay off with injury have been terrible.

He's had a year of Arsene's special coaching. What do you expect?

Master Splinter
Monreal, Bellerin and Cech will be hunting for new clubs this summer. They're not going to tolerate this shit.

No other players deserve credit for the whole of the season. They're all as responsible as each other.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Rape? You sure?

Unfortunately for the poor girl in question yes

The Emirates Gallactico

True he's been awful but he's still out best player and would be dominating with a competent manager in charge, one that knew how to fully use him.

Eventually you realise it's not the players (well it is to an extent) but predominately the manager. Wenger out.

Niall_Quinn
I'm glad Wenger is so frugile because actually don't want him spending the clubs money now.

We'd have lost tonight if we had a lineup like Barcelona or Bayern Munich, it's not even tactical lacking. No offence to Swansea but you don't need a tactical plan to beat them you need players to show up.

Yes we were poor but easily had enough chances to win this game and there is something mentally wrong with Wengers sides.

Yes, it's called Wenger. Pick any eleven over the last decade and you get the same result. Scientists would have quit on this 5 years ago and written up their damning verdict on the guy. But fans are stuck here, no escape.

AFC Leveller
02-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Vieira was African, Pires was Spanish, Henry was from Martinique.

Petit u can have.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2016, 10:04 PM
Unfortunately for the poor girl in question yes

Seemed a bit dodgy to me. Could he really get his maggot dick out of all those mounds of fat to actually penetrate something?

AFC Leveller
The clown has just told the reorter that we were unlucky and that two bad decisions cost us...

The Emirates Gallactico
Three defeats in a row for us.

Oh yeah it has been three. I don't really care about the CL this year so I kind of forgot about it. Had all my eggs (foolishly I see now) in the PL basket.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie

Petit u can have.

I think we are getting unnecessarily regressive with race and nationality here

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2016, 10:05 PM
The clown has just told the reorter that we were unlucky and that two bad decisions cost us...

He's right. Keeping Wenger on after 2006 and letting Kroenke in. Terrible decisions and the cost has been huge.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Seemed a bit dodgy to me. Could he really get his maggot dick out of all those mounds of fat to actually penetrate something?

Could Jabba the Hutt have fucked slave girl Leia....who knows but he'd have given it the old college try

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2016, 10:06 PM

Petit u can have.

Really? Well he can do one then.

adzzzbatch
02-03-2016, 10:06 PM

Deluded tosser.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-03-2016, 10:07 PM

You just got to laugh.

I really hope he's just trying to save face and privately he realises he's fucked up spectacularly but honestly I just don't know with him anymore. Probably best if the fans protest at the training ground on Friday just to make sure he gets the correct message.

Munchies
02-03-2016, 10:08 PM
Wenger: "We created many chances and were unlucky in our finishing. It was a very disappointing result."

Boss: "I'm worried about results. It's a very difficult moment for the team so we need to focus on ourselves and do the basics."

Live press conference feed: https://twitter.com/Arsenal/with_replies

Kano
02-03-2016, 10:08 PM
Wenger Out, Kroenke out. Say what you want about Usmanov, he wouldnt have put up with this shit for so long.

Sorry the sharp slap but...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11785590/Arsenal-news-Alisher-Usmanov-says-Arsene-Wenger-should-keep-his-job-as-long-as-he-wants.html

The Emirates Gallactico
02-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Wenger: "Cech got a muscular problem at the end of the game. He will not play on Saturday. I have full faith in Ospina."

He's the only one.

Munchies
02-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Wenger: "Cech got a muscular problem at the end of the game. He will not play on Saturday. I have full faith in Ospina."

He's the only one.

Kosc out too

Ralpheroo72
02-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Sorry the sharp slap but...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11785590/Arsenal-news-Alisher-Usmanov-says-Arsene-Wenger-should-keep-his-job-as-long-as-he-wants.html

Well hopefully Wenger has had enough.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-03-2016, 10:14 PM

You sound surprised.

What did you expect him to say

Frankly this is the kind of result that's more and more predictable. I'm 66 you know, you try getting to my age and wanting to try new things. I can't even unlock the tablet my daughter bought me for my birthday.
But I'm afraid you're stuck with me. You think I'm fucking off back to France whilst the top rate of income tax is still 70%?. Wait until Juppe gets into the elysee palace and then come back to me.
Im known to be at the training ground from dawn to dusk, what they don't tell you it was to get away my horrible tall, plain wife. I couldn't divorce her because I'm a catholic, so we are now just separated and the new Pope seems pretty cool so that's a good arrangement for me.
Also I don't really like David Bowie....I'm a Jean Michel Jarre man

Niall_Quinn
Well hopefully Wenger has had enough.

Hardly. He hasn't proven everyone wrong yet so still years of him to go. Only the doctor's or psychiatrists will drag him out of here.

Munchies
Don't even blame the likes of Van Persie, nasri etc for leaving anymore

fakeyank
Our manager needs a slap on his face. Donkey.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2016, 10:15 PM
You sound surprised.

What did you expect him to say

Frankly this is the kind of result that's more and more predictable. I'm 66 you know, you try getting to my age and wanting to try new things. I can't even unlock the tablet my daughter bought me for my birthday.
But I'm afraid you're stuck with me. You think I'm fucking off back to France whilst the top rate of income tax is still 70%?. Wait until Juppe gets into the elysee palace and then come back to me.
Im known to be at the training ground from dawn to dusk, what they don't tell you it was because of my horrible tall, plain wife. I couldn't divorce her because I'm a catholic, so we are now just separated and the new Pope seems pretty cool so that's a good arrangement for me.
Also I don't really like David Bowie....I'm a Jean Michel Jarre man

Real or parody?

The Emirates Gallactico
02-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Don't even blame the likes of Van Persie, nasri etc for leaving anymore

Privately, I didn't blame them at the time.

They knew they'd have more chance of winning the title at a club not managed by Wenger.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Our manager needs a slap on his face. Donkey.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Hopefully that's by Gazidis as he's telling him he's being sacked.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2016, 10:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYo2KNss07s

Battered wife.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Hopefully that's by Gazidis as he's sucking his cock.

Kano
02-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Ospina against Barcelona :doh:

Munchies
02-03-2016, 10:22 PM
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n610/kid7777/9A6BE5AB-B120-4C62-ABC7-BB36310D7837_zpsvyuyokxp.jpg

Xhaka Can’t
02-03-2016, 10:24 PM
Just back - quick video of the end of the match for those ofyou that couldn't make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw

The Emirates Gallactico
02-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Honestly I'd rather have a season of an extreme low like Chelsea have had this year to win titles and trophies regularly instead of the perpetual fourth place bottling losers that we've become under Wenger. It's getting so tiring following it.

Power n Glory
02-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Privately, I didn't blame them at the time.

They knew they'd have more chance of winning the title at a club not managed by Wenger.

Been saying for ages they lost faith in him. The day Wenger hooked Ox against Utd and RVP looked held his hands up in disbelief was one sign he had enough. We just repeated the same party trick by hooking Campbell today.

We'll continue to lose players if Wenger gets a new contract.

Power n Glory
02-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Just back - quick video of the end of the match for those ofyou that couldn't make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw

Marc Overmars
02-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Should have won, we didn't. Story of our fucking lives.

We are a joke, an absolute joke. What the hell has happened to this lot? Everyone just seems to shit themselves whenever they get on the ball. No one takes responsibility for anything. There just isn't any imagination, same old predictable bullshit.

How dare Campbell take on his marker and make clever runs to receive the ball, WUMger will probably fine him a weeks wages. The reaction to his substitution said it all.

Things turned very poisonous towards the end and to be honest it was warranted. This team have no bollocks.

I'm done. Sod the lot of them. We should be grabbing this title race by the balls but we've completely bottled it.

Kano
02-03-2016, 10:34 PM
25,000/1 for Arsenal, Spurs and Bayern to lose tonight. If only I'd known that before kick off tonight.

I still wouldn't have put any money on it. Fucksake.

Power n Glory
02-03-2016, 10:36 PM
Should have won, we didn't. Story of our fucking lives.

We are a joke, an absolute joke. What the hell has happened to this lot? Everyone just seems to shit themselves whenever they get on the ball. No one takes responsibility for anything. There just isn't any imagination, same old predictable bullshit.

How dare Campbell take on his marker and make clever runs to receive the ball, WUMger will probably fine him a weeks wages. The reaction to his substitution said it all.

Things turned very poisonous towards the end and to be honest it was warranted. This team have no bollocks.

I'm done. Sod the lot of them. We should be grabbing this title race by the balls but we've completely bottled it.

Wenger is a weak manager and Campbell was always going to be the first sub. It should have been Giroud for Welbeck.

Munchies
02-03-2016, 10:54 PM
He's cracking

Short vid of post match intv: https://twitter.com/MidKnightGaz/status/705161161470255104

:wave:

Marc Overmars
02-03-2016, 10:56 PM
I can't believe Giroud stayed on. He was rancid.
Why the hell would you take off the one guy making things happen? It's just stupid.

Power n Glory
02-03-2016, 11:04 PM
His greatest capitulation. No other season demonstrates how wrong he has been and how much shit he is full of. A specialist in failure for sure.

Gooner23
02-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Wenger out. This is getting messy now.

Power n Glory
02-03-2016, 11:09 PM
I can't believe Giroud stayed on. He was rancid.
Why the hell would you take off the one guy making things happen? It's just stupid.

Awful performance from Giroud. I doubt he'll beat his season best of 22 goals at this rate. He was cowardly, weak and his touch was poor all game.

Marc Overmars
02-03-2016, 11:10 PM
His greatest capitulation. No other season demonstrates how wrong he has been and how much shit he is full of. A specialist in failure for sure.

Yep, this one tops the lot.

Hid behind the money and young team excuse for too long, exposed for the world to see now. It's amazing to see how poor he has become over the years.

Xhaka Can’t
02-03-2016, 11:12 PM
I'm sure that we'll keep on fighting until it is mathematically impossible. At which point we'll stop fighting and start winning.

Power n Glory
02-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Wenger done over by an assistant manager. :lol:

The Emirates Gallactico
02-03-2016, 11:13 PM
I'm sure that we'll keep on fighting until it is mathematically impossible. At which point we'll stop fighting and start winning.

It's sad how true this is. We'll start winning once the pressure is off.

We're not known as grade A bottlers for nothing.

Munchies
02-03-2016, 11:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY7LOHJdKkw

:haha:

Marc Overmars
02-03-2016, 11:16 PM
Wenger done over by an assistant manager. :lol:

I didn't even realise their manager wasn't there until the bloke next to me mentioned it. As if the night couldn't get anymore embarrassing.

Marc Overmars
02-03-2016, 11:17 PM
It's sad how true this is. We'll start winning once the pressure is off.

We're not known as grade A bottlers for nothing.

At this rate we're not going to win the calendar year trophy for 2016.

Munchies
02-03-2016, 11:19 PM
At this rate United will finish above us

---

Arsenal fan begs Ozil to stay for one more season outside the stadium

vid - https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/705168814137282560

:lol:

The Emirates Gallactico
02-03-2016, 11:27 PM
At this rate we're not going to win the calendar year trophy for 2016.

Nah we always win every other calender year. Because we won 2015 (:trophy:), 2016 is destined to be an annus horribilis to compensate.

On a serious point, this surely can't be a coincidence any more ....... we turned to shit the first game this year with that performance against Newcastle where we barely scrapped by. And we've been unconvincing since, despite getting players back from injury.

It was also the same pattern in the calender years 2013 & 2011 (good years) and 2012 & 2014 (bad years)

Does Wenger actually think winning a calender year means you win the league?

At this rate United will finish above us

Nah we always turn it on for the real silverware that matters: the top four trophy. :trophy:

We'll never lose that as long as Wenger is in charge. :rolleyes:

Munchies
03-03-2016, 12:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y47XUE3eBb0&feature=youtu.be

They're putting them out. BOOOM! :haha:

selassie
03-03-2016, 12:01 AM

Yep, this is by some distant the worst of the lot. So much wrong with the team and he didn't even TRY & improve it in the summer.

Munchies
03-03-2016, 12:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHnPTjbhWAo

Munchies
03-03-2016, 12:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GmMzkERq3U

:haha: :haha:

Xhaka Can’t
03-03-2016, 12:19 AM
I was 14 rows behind the Arsenal bench. The boos and the stick Wenger got for the Campbell substitution are unlike anything I've heard at the Emirates before. A guy behind me got thrown out for running down the steps aabout 6/7 times to berate Wenger.

The worst thing about all of this is that even though we all know Wenger should be sacked, it will not happen.

Marc Overmars
03-03-2016, 12:30 AM
It's certainly the worst reaction to a sub I've ever personally witnessed. Amazing decision to take him off when Giroud was stinking the place out. I was down by the corner flag where the subs were warming up. One bloke asked Chambers if they wanted to win the league, he stood there grinning and staring, and the bloke responded with "don't smile at me you fucking cunt". :haha:

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 12:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHnPTjbhWAo

We got tottnam now, we got tottnam now, I mean, we got tottnam now, we got, I don't know, I mean, we got tottnam now, I don't, I don't, erm, erm, we got tottnam now, spurs, we got tottnan now, and, erm, I mean, we got tottnam now and I don't, erm, you know, I don't, I don't want them winning the league, you know?

Munchies
03-03-2016, 12:40 AM
It's certainly the worst reaction to a sub I've ever personally witnessed. Amazing decision to take him off when Giroud was stinking the place out. I was down by the corner flag where the subs were warming up. One bloke asked Chambers if they wanted to win the league, he stood there grinning and staring, and the bloke responded with "don't smile at me you fucking cunt". :haha:

Brutal :lol:

Munchies
03-03-2016, 12:40 AM
We got tottnam now, we got tottnam now, I mean, we got tottnam now, we got, I don't know, I mean, we got tottnam now, I don't, I don't, erm, erm, we got tottnam now, spurs, we got tottnan now, and, erm, I mean, we got tottnam now and I don't, erm, you know, I don't, I don't want them winning the league, you know?

:haha: true

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 12:41 AM

No need for that really. Chambers did well when he last got the shout and it's not his fault if Wenger has his favourites and some guys aren't on the list. Chambers isn't on £110k per week getting 7 touches in a match, for instance. He's not the piss taker.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 12:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GmMzkERq3U

Look ma, I'm on TV!

Fair point though, there's no such thing as a prudent Arsenal fan - not at those prices.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 12:48 AM
I was 14 rows behind the Arsenal bench. The boos and the stick Wenger got for the Campbell substitution are unlike anything I've heard at the Emirates before. A guy behind me got thrown out for running down the steps aabout 6/7 times to berate Wenger.

The worst thing about all of this is that even though we all know Wenger should be sacked, it will not happen.

That's the problem. What's different about this sub? Wenger has been making crackpot subs for years. It has taken too long to start the booing. Anyway, we'll beat the spuds now and the whole thing will turn. We'll be winning the title again and on it will go until all the work is undone the week after. Cast the line, worm in the water, bite, WUMmed again. Guy's a master at it.

Beyond all the hullabaloo and recriminations, Leicester have extended their lead at the top :haha:

Marc Overmars
03-03-2016, 12:58 AM
No need for that really. Chambers did well when he last got the shout and it's not his fault if Wenger has his favourites and some guys aren't on the list. Chambers isn't on £110k per week getting 7 touches in a match, for instance. He's not the piss taker.

Yeah it was uncalled for. Shows how badly some people are at their wits end though, it was really toxic tonight to the point where the players were freezing up. What have you done WUMger?

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 01:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DO3BNZtuAY

fakeyank
03-03-2016, 06:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY7LOHJdKkw

Donkey

rodders
03-03-2016, 07:22 AM
Other results gave us a chance of getting away with Man U debacle, but as usual Arsenal blew it. Don't think I can bear to watch the game against Spurs.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2016, 07:31 AM

You try stringing a coherent sentence together after taking as much Thorazine as Claude has
Midweek games he always looks like he's gone there on his way home from work, I mean who'd employ him?.....you'd be wanting to do a welfare check every time he goes to the loo to make sure he hasn't hung himself or taken an overdose.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2016, 07:37 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DO3BNZtuAY

I mean they could at least have had the decency to put up subtitles

Gooner23
03-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Yeah it was uncalled for. Shows how badly some people are at their wits end though, it was really toxic tonight to the point where the players were freezing up. What have you done WUMger?

He's had bad atmospheres in there before though and always shrugged them off. Did it feel any different? I think the club will only take notice if it's sustained until the end of the season.

Letters
03-03-2016, 07:47 AM
I mean they could at least have had the decency to put up subtitles

Racist :sulk:

selassie
03-03-2016, 07:52 AM
He's had bad atmospheres in there before though and always shrugged them off. Did it feel any different? I think the club will only take notice if it's sustained until the end of the season.

If the booing means it removes Wenger from his post then long may it continue. I don't go to games anymore but I've had enough, I really feel for the fans, highest ticket prices in the country being served up this nonsense every season. Our seasons are scripted. This one hurts really bad though.

Power n Glory
03-03-2016, 08:03 AM
London is far from cheap and I won't be stretching my budget for a manager that wants to help Stan Kronke pocket an extra £3m to put on top of his stack of billions.

Xhaka Can’t
03-03-2016, 08:05 AM
You try stringing a coherent sentence together after taking as much Thorazine as Claude has
Midweek games he always looks like he's gone there on his way home from work, I mean who'd employ him?.....you'd be wanting to do a welfare check every time he goes to the loo to make sure he hasn't hung himself or taken an overdose.

That reminds me.

As anyone seen Letters?

Xhaka Can’t
03-03-2016, 08:06 AM
Racist :sulk:

Phew!

Gooner23
03-03-2016, 08:22 AM
London is far from cheap and I won't be stretching my budget for a manager that wants to help Stan Kronke pocket an extra £3m to put on top of his stack of billions.

I haven't been to a match this season, I will be cancelling my red membership in the summer. I know it wont make a blind bit of difference to Kroenke and his cronies, but I am not prepared to give any more of my hard earned money to these thieves. Will continue to support the club I love, but sadly watching them live is out of the window for the time being. And before anyone asks I don't subscribe to sky or BT either.

I am invisible
03-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Well, y'all might be losers, but I didn't waste my time following any of it last night!

Fool me 599 times, shame on you. Fool me 600 or more times, shame on me...

AFC Leveller
03-03-2016, 08:50 AM
Why are ALL Brazillian CBs dodgy? Gabriel is starting to make those typical rash tackles/mistakes that Brazillian CBS make. Hope its just bad form cos he did look promissing when he first joined.

Koscielny out of the NLD so Gabriel and Merts will need to be solid.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 08:57 AM
I haven't been to a match this season, I will be cancelling my red membership in the summer. I know it wont make a blind bit of difference to Kroenke and his cronies, but I am not prepared to give any more of my hard earned money to these thieves. Will continue to support the club I love, but sadly watching them live is out of the window for the time being. And before anyone asks I don't subscribe to sky or BT either.

That last part is important, got to cancel those TV subscriptions. That's where it's at now. There will always be people willing to pay silly money to get in the stadium but the cash they really care about (club and players) comes from those TV deals. An effective protest would be for ALL Arsenal fans to cancel their BT subscription. That would get noticed fast. It would have the added bonus of hitting the organisation that likes making ads taking the piss out of us, not that we don't deserve it. I think that could be organised a lot easier too and it wouldn't have to be 100% effective to get their attention.

Because it's not primarily the titles and the tactics and the effort of the players or any of the football stuff. Shit happens in football. You get good managers, bad managers, Wenger. You get a Theo for every Joel. The ups, downs and in and arounds of football. These things eventually change if you wait long enough. The real piss take is the fact the club has been hijacked by cunts who are so greedy they don't even try to hide the piss take. They are busy making money hand over fist and they've taken a sport with all its traditions and history and fucked everything that was good out the window so they can leech every last drop from the fanaticism and loyalty of the fan base. Fuck them. They are vampires, but the kid that thrive on cash. You can boo them, scream at them, chuck stuff at them, stomp off, doesn't matter. They don't give a shit about any of that. You have to cut off their cash supply and threaten their future cash supplies, then they feel the hunger. Their goal is to set up their cosy little European league of "big teams" (who are all getting pissed on by Leicester, btw). Find a way to take that away from them, don't fund the fucking thing, fuck their plans up, piss on their parade for a change. That's how it has to be done.

Who is the most influential Arsenal voice that could organise such a boycott? This is what should be done.

Gooner23
03-03-2016, 09:02 AM
That last part is important, got to cancel those TV subscriptions. That's where it's at now. There will always be people willing to pay silly money to get in the stadium but the cash they really care about (club and players) comes from those TV deals. An effective protest would be for ALL Arsenal fans to cancel their BT subscription. That would get noticed fast. It would have the added bonus of hitting the organisation that likes making ads taking the piss out of us, not that we don't deserve it. I think that could be organised a lot easier too and it wouldn't have to be 100% effective to get their attention.

Because it's not primarily the titles and the tactics and the effort of the players or any of the football stuff. Shit happens in football. You get good managers, bad managers, Wenger. You get a Theo for every Joel. The ups, downs and in and arounds of football. These things eventually change if you wait long enough. The real piss take is the fact the club has been hijacked by cunts who are so greedy they don't even try to hide the piss take. They are busy making money hand over fist and they've taken a sport with all its traditions and history and fucked everything that was good out the window so they can leech every last drop from the fanaticism and loyalty of the fan base. Fuck them. They are vampires, but the kid that thrive on cash. You can boo them, scream at them, chuck stuff at them, stomp off, doesn't matter. They don't give a shit about any of that. You have to cut off their cash supply and threaten their future cash supplies, then they feel the hunger. Their goal is to set up their cosy little European league of "big teams" (who are all getting pissed on by Leicester, btw). Find a way to take that away from them, don't fund the fucking thing, fuck their plans up, piss on their parade for a change. That's how it has to be done.

Who is the most influential Arsenal voice that could organise such a boycott? This is what should be done.

Agreed, and Wenger is 100% complicit in this. My respect for him has long since gone.

selassie
03-03-2016, 09:10 AM

Yep I'm cancelling mine too, I've had enough, I won't be watching another game this season on TV too, last night was the final straw for me.

Power n Glory
03-03-2016, 09:11 AM

I use streams and a sky go account to watch the games. Haven't been to a game in two years or so. Why stretch yourself for this lot?

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Why are ALL Brazillian CBs dodgy? Gabriel is starting to make those typical rash tackles/mistakes that Brazillian CBS make. Hope its just bad form cos he did look promissing when he first joined.

Koscielny out of the NLD so Gabriel and Merts will need to be solid.

Fans have to start looking more closely at what's happening on the pitch. Both Gabriel and Ramsey are coming in for a lot of flak. It's fair enough in one respect because they are making mistakes. But they are also contributing a lot more than people give them credit for. Both has pass accuracy of over 90% last night and both saw a lot of the ball. Gabriel had about 5 times more tackles and interceptions than Merts who essentially spent the night wandering around doing fuck all as the game passed him by. The latter didn't make any major mistakes, but then again he wasn't involved enough to fuck up. Ramsey may not have set the game alight but he was hustling as he always does. I heard a stat last night, our win rate when he's in the team is 60%, 40% when he's not. That's a vague stat but we're giving Santi a lot of credit when the stats are 50%, 50% by comparison. The standout culprits last night were Welbeck and Theo who did pretty much fuck all when they came on - to replace two busy players who gave twice the effort, Alexis and Campbell.

Most of the players are working. Ozil is still creating chances, Monreal and Bellerin are still putting in a shift, Coquelin is running his guts out. But in the absence of planning a lot of the effort is wasted. And we keep on seeing, over and over, the negative impact of relying on second tier strikers up front. If Mr Cheapskate Knowitall had spent some of that money robbed from the fans and put a decent striker up top you'd be looking at something very different now.

Try and dig out the post game Bilic interview from last night. Contrast the difference between that guy and the hapless fool we have running things. Listen as he describes the adjustments he made to the team and the tactics to counter the spuds and the key areas he decided his team needed to dominate if they were to get the result they wanted. Simple really. Manager makes a plan, tells the team, the team go out and execute the plan. Every effort is focused into an objective.

Our old fool? No plan at all. It's on the players to make it up as they go. And even when some of the players rise to the occasion and somehow create something from the chaos, the old goat will pull them off the pitch. He's a massive handicap to have to overcome. Yes certainly the players should be giving more, they should be more focused, making less mistakes, but look at what they have to overcome before they step foot on the pitch. We've set ourselves a huge challenging keeping this guy in charge.

GP
03-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Arguably, we currently have the best squad we've had in ages., but right now we are as poor as we've been in recent memory.

Really, really dire.

AFC Leveller
03-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Fans have to start looking more closely at what's happening on the pitch. Both Gabriel and Ramsey are coming in for a lot of flak. It's fair enough in one respect because they are making mistakes. But they are also contributing a lot more than people give them credit for. Both has pass accuracy of over 90% last night and both saw a lot of the ball. Gabriel had about 5 times more tackles and interceptions than Merts who essentially spent the night wandering around doing fuck all as the game passed him by. The latter didn't make any major mistakes, but then again he wasn't involved enough to fuck up. Ramsey may not have set the game alight but he was hustling as he always does. I heard a stat last night, our win rate when he's in the team is 60%, 40% when he's not. That's a vague stat but we're giving Santi a lot of credit when the stats are 50%, 50% by comparison. The standout culprits last night were Welbeck and Theo who did pretty much fuck all when they came on - to replace two busy players who gave twice the effort, Alexis and Campbell.

Most of the players are working. Ozil is still creating chances, Monreal and Bellerin are still putting in a shift, Coquelin is running his guts out. But in the absence of planning a lot of the effort is wasted. And we keep on seeing, over and over, the negative impact of relying on second tier strikers up front. If Mr Cheapskate Knowitall had spent some of that money robbed from the fans and put a decent striker up top you'd be looking at something very different now.

Try and dig out the post game Bilic interview from last night. Contrast the difference between that guy and the hapless fool we have running things. Listen as he describes the adjustments he made to the team and the tactics to counter the spuds and the key areas he decided his team needed to dominate if they were to get the result they wanted. Simple really. Manager makes a plan, tells the team, the team go out and execute the plan. Every effort is focused into an objective.

Our old fool? No plan at all. It's on the players to make it up as they go. And even when some of the players rise to the occasion and somehow create something from the chaos, the old goat will pull them off the pitch. He's a massive handicap to have to overcome. Yes certainly the players should be giving more, they should be more focused, making less mistakes, but look at what they have to overcome before they step foot on the pitch. We've set ourselves a huge challenging keeping this guy in charge.

Thats what i was thinking ahead of the NLD at the weekend. We all know there wont be any special plan or formation, he will tell them to the same things they did at Man u and last night hoping for better results.

selassie
03-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Arguably, we currently have the best squad we've had in ages., but right now we are as poor as we've been in recent memory.

Really, really dire.

Yeah I agree with this, as NQ has said we lack any kind of organisation or game plan, it's pretty tragic to be honest. For the reasons you have stated I.E our best squad in recent memory it just confirms that Wenger has no idea what he is doing, he's totally lost in all of it. This season is turning into a car crash of epic proportions it's not even funny anymore.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 09:24 AM
I use streams and a sky go account to watch the games. Haven't been to a game in two years or so. Why stretch yourself for this lot?

Same here. I got priced out of the games around the same time that cunt of a government was outsourcing every job in this country. So double whammy. I couldn't afford to go even if I wanted. £40 fucking quid just to get the train down there. I used to subscribe to Sky, £24 or something like that for the whole package. That was inflated up to £80 by the time I binned it. BT I got "free" with the broadband package until they changed the deal and started charging me £10 without even getting my ok. So that got binned.

Now I watch the streams and a borrowed Sky Go account, same as you. My contribution to this is precise zero pounds and zero pence and I'm happy about that because I used to pay but that wasn't enough, they had to take the piss and keep taking it. Nothing is enough for these bastards.

Plus the quality of the game in general is in the shitter. What the fuck has happened to football? It's becoming unwatchable anyway, regardless of who you support. Some fucking thing when you have to hold your hands up and admit Leicester City and the spuds are showing the rest what entertainment is about. Coincidentally (I don't think so) they are also getting the best results. The game is full of terrified managers who have gone all Maureen to keep their arses in their chairs, and a bunch of spoiled, pampered cunts who can't play more than a couple of games a month without moaning or breaking their fingernails.

Bottom line. Half the product, five times the price. Fuck that. Keep it and choke on it. I'm a pirate and I'm 100% comfortable with that. I'm stealing my game back.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2016, 09:27 AM
As you say with the lucrative tv deals there is no incentive to make attending football matches in person affordable

I am invisible
03-03-2016, 09:28 AM

It'll make a difference to you, mate - let the rest sort itself out.

To be honest, I'll probably never stop being an Arsenal fan - it's too ingrained in my psyche now - and I'll make sure my kid/s are brought up right, IF they show any interest in football (I can't say I'm inclined to encourage it at this point). But I just don't think I've got it in me to be one of the über-fans, who live and breathe football 24/7, any more - it's fucking exhausting, and there's just too much that I don't like about the game, the club and the coverage to make it worthwhile right now. I have precious little free time (and money!) as it is these days, after work, commuting and being a Dad, and I'm really not sure I want to devote much of what I have left of either to following football that closely? As sad as it's been for me to admit, I honestly think I'll be happier as a very casual fan from now on.

Hence my statement after the united game - I think that's me done as any kind of serious supporter.

Özim
03-03-2016, 09:33 AM
It was claimed AW wasn't damaging the club earlier in the week, clearly he's doing all sorts of damage to this club.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 09:35 AM
As you say with the lucrative tv deals there is no incentive to make attending football matches in person affordable

Whole country is a piss take tbf. The only prudent economic policy these days is to stay at home, under the bed, with a blanket over you because the heat is off. If you want a bath, wait until it rains. Want to eat? Poor cat.

One giant piss take and football is fast becoming the poster child for it. I don't hate economic inequality, in the main winners will do better than losers. But then you have Theo Walcott, he's like the casino trader of football. Fuck all in, shovel it out. And Wenger and the gang are the banksters, raking it in and charging even more when they need to build themselves palaces. Competition, fine - provided you actually compete. Communism - fuck right off.

TV deals is the place to hit them. It's like the IV line coming straight out of of veins and into their wallets.

Munchies
03-03-2016, 09:38 AM
The only thing the cunt board have got from me in the last 2 years is the money for one cat C game and an arsenal shirt (most of which goes to Puma)

Fuck them. Cunts.

I also have to rely on streaming every game, but atleast I'm not paying towards the fuckery

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 09:47 AM
The only thing the cunt board have got from me in the last 2 years is the money for one cat C game and an arsenal shirt (most of which goes to Puma)

Fuck them. Cunts.

I also have to rely on streaming every game, but atleast I'm not paying towards the fuckery

Yeah, admittedly plenty of cash has gone out on merchandise. But you can't deprive kids who think this is all still fun and exciting. And anyway, apart from the share the club gets, the merchandise is fair enough. The sponsor does their part and ponies up, the fan does his part and buys their stuff, the club does their part and - banks every last fucking penny :doh:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Whole country is a piss take tbf. The only prudent economic policy these days is to stay at home, under the bed, with a blanket over you because the heat is off. If you want a bath, wait until it rains. Want to eat? Poor cat.

One giant piss take and football is fast becoming the poster child for it. I don't hate economic inequality, in the main winners will do better than losers. But then you have Theo Walcott, he's like the casino trader of football. Fuck all in, shovel it out. And Wenger and the gang are the banksters, raking it in and charging even more when they need to build themselves palaces. Competition, fine - provided you actually compete. Communism - fuck right off.

TV deals is the place to hit them. It's like the IV line coming straight out of of veins and into their wallets.

Well no there is equality of oportunity which is one thing and equality of outcome which no one wants.

Economic inequality is not a problem as long as the game isn't rigged, if everyone starts off the same people will either sink or swim on their own, at the moment too many people having their heads held under the water by people wearing water wings and breathing equipment.

Kano
03-03-2016, 09:51 AM

To be honest, I'll probably never stop being an Arsenal fan - it's too ingrained in my psyche now - and I'll make sure my kid/s are brought up right, IF they show any interest in football (I can't say I'm inclined to encourage it at this point). But I just don't think I've got it in me to be one of the über-fans, who live and breathe football 24/7, any more - it's fucking exhausting, and there's just too much that I don't like about the game, the club and the coverage to make it worthwhile right now. I have precious little free time (and money!) as it is these days, after work, commuting and being a Dad, and I'm really not sure I want to devote much of what I have left of either to following football that closely? As sad as it's been for me to admit, I honestly think I'll be happier as a very casual fan from now on.

Hence my statement after the united game - I think that's me done as any kind of serious supporter.

Shame some fans feel like that, but I can understand to a degree. I used to be a season ticket holder for years at Highbury but haven't since we moved. Will continue to watch every game because I've sat through worse and have learnt not to let it burn me up inside if things go tits up. And bottom line is, this is my club and it would take something beyond catastrophic for me to stop following them closely. I still love football but I've put it into manageable perspective as I've got older, so I can still escape into it, talk about it with passion but cut off when I need to.

Marc Overmars
03-03-2016, 09:54 AM

Really, really dire.

They're all decent enough players but they've been coached to shit by the loon in charge.

We need to start looking over our shoulder now because we're closer to 5th than 1st. An unbelievable collapse.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 09:57 AM
They're all decent enough players but they've been coached to shit by the loon in charge.

We need to start looking over our shoulder now because we're closer to 5th than 1st. A believable collapse.

Fixed.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Well no there is equality of oportunity which is one thing and equality of outcome which no one wants.

Economic inequality is not a problem as long as the game isn't rigged, if everyone starts off the same people will either sink or swim on their own, at the moment too many people having their heads held under the water by people wearing water wings and breathing equipment.

That's what I mean. Provided the whole thing hasn't been Theo Walcotted.

Gooner23
03-03-2016, 10:04 AM

I'll continue to support, of course I will. But I have definitely become more emotionally detached than I used to be. I find myself watching less and less of the prem than I used to. Still love the sport at a basic level though, fortunately I get my fix through playing and helping to run an amateur footy club.

Power n Glory
03-03-2016, 10:05 AM

How much do we take in at the stadium compared to the TV deals?

I think people walking from the stadium is a direct message. Sky and BT cost a bomb but some fans may subscribe for La Liga, F1, NBA, NFL, UFC…etc. It would take a lot more than Arsenal fans for them to notice imo. They don’t do the Spanish TV rights system where the teams with the most viewers get the bigger slices. But some sort of action is better than no action. We shouldn’t be putting up with this.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 10:14 AM
How much do we take in at the stadium compared to the TV deals?

I think people walking from the stadium is a direct message. Sky and BT cost a bomb but some fans may subscribe for La Liga, F1, NBA, NFL, UFC…etc. It would take a lot more than Arsenal fans for them to notice imo. They don’t do the Spanish TV rights system where the teams with the most viewers get the bigger slices. But some sort of action is better than no action. We shouldn’t be putting up with this.

They're basing all their future piss takes on TV revenue. That's what props up all their plans. Chop that away and you make an impact. They monitor these things very carefully, they would notice and so would the media. The stadium thing is never going to happen. Too many fashion fans now, many of the real fans who might show some solidarity are stuck at home because they can't scrape up the various mortgages required to buy a ticket. Cancelling a subscription is a single phone call or a mouse click. Not much effort there. And the pirate streams are better quality anyway so the only loss is for the TV companies (who ruined the game) and the ghouls who have descended on the clubs. I think it could be and should be done. Get that Piers Morgan cunt to shout his mouth off for something useful for a change. Mind you - I wonder what the pundits and fellow travellers would really think about it. Might it threaten the scraps that fall into their mouths from the table? Would be interesting to find out.

I am invisible
03-03-2016, 10:24 AM

:good:

Chuck in the corruption at the top levels, the piss-poor quality of the players and the football these days, the way Sky and the Media are turning everything into a soap opera, the irritating pundits... at some point you've really got to stop and have a serious look at what we're actually getting out of it as fans?

Someone jokingly described it as a drug the other day, but I'm wondering if that isn't actually too far from the truth? It's certainly starting to feel more like an addiction than something enjoyable. I'd be interested to know many people of here keep going back for more because they genuinely still love it, and how many are doing it because they literally can't walk away, and don't know what they'd do with themselves if they did?

Munchies
03-03-2016, 10:25 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcnQHkYWEAAme5T.jpg

Might not even get the Fa Cup this year

Marc Overmars
03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Might not even get the Fa Cup this year

No chance we're winning the Cup while Chelsea and United remain in the mix.

Gooner23
03-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Couldn't care less about the cup this year anyway to be honest. This season was all about the league.

Munchies
03-03-2016, 10:41 AM
No chance we're winning the Cup while Chelsea and United remain in the mix.

I can't even see us getting past Hull/Watford before then

Munchies
03-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Couldn't care less about the cup this year anyway to be honest. This season was all about the league.

True.

Wenger will be defined by this season.

Penny pinching in the transfer window, getting tactically outworked time and time again, no back up plans, players shot of all confidence.

Same shit, different year, but this year was the chance

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2016, 10:49 AM
There are a few ministers of propaganda even now on Twitter blaming the fans for our poor form.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 10:50 AM
There are a few ministers of propaganda even now on Twitter blaming the fans for our poor form.

At least the club is spending some money.

Power n Glory
03-03-2016, 10:51 AM
They're basing all their future piss takes on TV revenue. That's what props up all their plans. Chop that away and you make an impact. They monitor these things very carefully, they would notice and so would the media. The stadium thing is never going to happen. Too many fashion fans now, many of the real fans who might show some solidarity are stuck at home because they can't scrape up the various mortgages required to buy a ticket. Cancelling a subscription is a single phone call or a mouse click. Not much effort there. And the pirate streams are better quality anyway so the only loss is for the TV companies (who ruined the game) and the ghouls who have descended on the clubs. I think it could be and should be done. Get that Piers Morgan cunt to shout his mouth off for something useful for a change. Mind you - I wonder what the pundits and fellow travellers would really think about it. Might it threaten the scraps that fall into their mouths from the table? Would be interesting to find out.

The reaction last night at the stadium suggest folks are on the edge. It's also something that can't be glossed over. Boos ringing out load with empty seats is a massive statement.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 11:05 AM
:good:

Chuck in the corruption at the top levels, the piss-poor quality of the players and the football these days, the way Sky and the Media are turning everything into a soap opera, the irritating pundits... at some point you've really got to stop and have a serious look at what we're actually getting out of it as fans?

Someone jokingly described it as a drug the other day, but I'm wondering if that isn't actually too far from the truth? It's certainly starting to feel more like an addiction than something enjoyable. I'd be interested to know many people of here keep going back for more because they genuinely still love it, and how many are doing it because they literally can't walk away, and don't know what they'd do with themselves if they did?

All of it is part and parcel of any system that has money as the core focus. Who could have known that letting con-artists, crooks and human rights abusers into the game would have had a detrimental effect? Shocking and unpredictable turn of events.

I don't relate to any of those players now, they are from a different planet as far as I'm concerned. I'm decrepit enough to remember players wandering into the pub and having a chat (poor old Gus Caesar, he used to get some stick). Now they run you down with their Range Rover Cunt Edition Special, although they are never short a tweet expressing their undying love for whatever badge they happen to be wearing at the time. It's unpleasant to know you are being taken for a cunt but going along with it anyway. In any other walk of life I'd stay a million miles away from these twats. It's the past I'm hooked to, hoping the present somehow goes back to that. Impossible, this is what football is now and it'll only get worse.

Even if we did win the title, what does it actually mean these days? When you could afford to get into the ground and actually live the season with all its ups and downs that eventually culminated in communal/ tribal achievement then that was something. But this degraded football hidden behind spinning logos and pay walls and the chattering of utter morons like Robbie Savage, you endure it in the hope some actual football breaks out. A moment that can get you out of your seat. It's so bloody rare now. Winning the title would be like, yeah, that was good TV, well done the lads, whoever you are. It lasts a day, maybe a week if you had a good night out after. Then back to the transfer circus with "loyal" players demanding your shirt to carry on wearing the badge. Or hoping some obscene amount of cash can be thrown at some mercenary who always loved the club, if the cash is right.

Sounds like addiction to me. That's what it is.

Munchies
03-03-2016, 11:06 AM
http://le-grove.co.uk/2016/03/03/the-end-is-nigh-for-arsene-wenger/

I am invisible
03-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Shame some fans feel like that, but I can understand to a degree. I used to be a season ticket holder for years at Highbury but haven't since we moved. Will continue to watch every game because I've sat through worse and have learnt not to let it burn me up inside if things go tits up. And bottom line is, this is my club and it would take something beyond catastrophic for me to stop following them closely. I still love football but I've put it into manageable perspective as I've got older, so I can still escape into it, talk about it with passion but cut off when I need to.

What you say about putting into manageable perspective is kind of the problem for me - I did exactly that, and I've found myself escaping into it less and less, and cutting off from it more and more.

Honestly mate, once you take even the slightest step away, you very quickly get a taste for having your evenings and weekends back, and it isn't long before you start thinking about all the better things you could be doing with your time. It doesn't mean you stop supporting your club, but you do slowly to come to the realisation that being an armchair fan isn't actually that bad...

The Emirates Gallactico
03-03-2016, 11:10 AM

Yeah even if we win the cup I honestly wouldn't give a fuck. Some may spin it as progress but everyone (including the team judging from their comments last year) knew that this year was the year we went for the league. And with City, United and Chelsea fucking up it was there for the taking as long as we had a semi competent team that knew what they were doing ................................... ARGH it gets me so pissed off thinking about how we've blown this glorious chance. IT WAS FUCKING THERE!

The worst thing is that with everyone else improving we may have to go another decade at least without winning a title and also have to suffer the ignominy of seeing Spurs being more recent champions than us and suffer their rightful taunts. Fuck my life.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 11:15 AM
The reaction last night at the stadium suggest folks are on the edge. It's also something that can't be glossed over. Boos ringing out load with empty seats is a massive statement.

I think there's a Hollywood aspect to the outrage too. Crowds go crazy in one direction just as easily as the other, but it's temporary. All that's required for a reversal is a couple of wins. Somehow stumble on to this title and suddenly we are back to Arsene Knows Best. But the problems go a lot deeper and are longer term. When the title, or a cup or even a win starts meaning the same thing again to the club as it does for the fans then great, but for now these things are used to keep people on-board while the next stage of the piss take is developed. By all means boo and put some pressure on if you can afford to get into the place, but the real effect will come when the fans start hitting in areas that actually mean something to the club. Something that they have to address in order to proceed with their plans. Take away their earnings potential, or reduce it, by the simplest possible means and they'll hear that a lot louder than the boos. We already know what they make of the booing. The arrogant pricks are essentially calling the fans disloyal, "emotional".

Letters
03-03-2016, 11:20 AM
I think there's a Hollywood aspect to the outrage too. Crowds go crazy in one direction just as easily as the other, but it's temporary. All that's required for a reversal is a couple of wins. Somehow stumble on to this title and suddenly we are back to Arsene Knows Best.
To be honest, even I have got to the point where the title isn't enough. With this squad we should be clear at the top, not desperately scrabbling around for a win and hoping teams like Spurs and Leicester drop points.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2016, 11:30 AM
We won't win the title so we don't have to
Worry about whether it will be enough.

I just don't see any scenario in which Wenger would be sacked, and don't see any scenario in which he will go before the end of his contract.
That said I don't think he will get offered a new one and there will be an agreement between him and the board that Wenger has decided to call it quits.

GP
03-03-2016, 11:34 AM
I think he'll be offered a new contract. He'll take it, too.

Power n Glory
03-03-2016, 11:41 AM
To be honest, even I have got to the point where the title isn't enough. With this squad we should be clear at the top, not desperately scrabbling around for a win and hoping teams like Spurs and Leicester drop points.

And you're not the only one to say that. I said the same after the FA Cup. Just leave on a high. Even the treble wouldn't shake my opinion on Wenger and wanting him gone.

JaneEmily
03-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Last night I couldn't even muster up the energy to give a shit about watching.

Power n Glory
03-03-2016, 11:46 AM

I just don't see any scenario in which Wenger would be sacked, and don't see any scenario in which he will go before the end of his contract.
That said I don't think he will get offered a new one and there will be an agreement between him and the board that Wenger has decided to call it quits.

I said years ago that he'd end up being hounded out by pressure from the fans and media. If he losses on Saturday and we don't win the league, staying another year will be uncomfortable for him and the club. Even the fans. Besides watching the same drivel for a year, the fans will get painted in a bad light for the bad atmosphere. He really should just leave for the sake of the club at the end of this season. I can see what bullshit waits for us once the media catch wind of the story. Will probably totally split the fan base because some fans won't hold back the disrespect.

LDG
03-03-2016, 11:48 AM
And you're not the only one to say that. I said the same after the FA Cup. Just leave on a high. Even the treble wouldn't shake my opinion on Wenger and wanting him gone.

Bang on. He should have gone after the first FA Cup win.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 11:54 AM

First time I have started to understand the theory of wanting to see the team drop down the league. Not agree with it, but understand it. In desperation people will hunt for all means by which to get this man out the door. Bribery will be used to keep his arse in the chair. Maybe it'll be a big summer signing, maybe it'll be a big sponsorship deal and another promise of big signings. Whatever. Bribe is on the way and it will probably work. There are fans out there today who, if you pull the string hanging out of their backs, will say, "Keep the faith, through thick and thin!" Fucking impressive batteries, 10 years and going strong. These guys will be a big help when the time comes. "We're going to win the league, we play attractive football, we're going to make big signings!"

If we lost most of our games between now and May and got overhauled by Utd or West Ham then I think Wenger's job might be under threat. But that won't happen. We'll get 4th and we may even plod and stumble to a Cup win. I mean you can't sack a manager who has won 3 Cups in a row, can you? Only disloyal, emotional fans would demand that. Real fans would jump on the bandwagon and get ready to go around again.

He can survive until 2019 and he probably will.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Bang on. He should have gone after the first FA Cup win.

Yes I think so too

Did he deserve a shot at being able to spend money and have us competing yes but in hindsight if he wasn't prepared to change his own approach than its a waste of time for him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2016, 12:01 PM
I do very much agree with Le Groves theory that Wenger never fails too badly and always does enough to keep stringing fans along to make fans think things will improve under him, would be a sick abusive game if Wenger intended to do it but it's a mixture of stubbornness and ineptitude.

Will this weekend against Spurs signify a breaking point? Honestly not sure, it will be hard to imagine finishing above Spurs if they go six points clear of us, which of course they will. With that Colombian calamity in goal we have no chance of getting anything we will lose.

Marc Overmars
03-03-2016, 12:02 PM
I did hope he'd go out on a high after the cup win but I was easy going about it because I thought he deserved the opportunity to spend the cash we had waited the best part of a decade to receive. The only good thing to come out of this is that we now have clarity on what the problem is at the club. Many of us on here suspected that it was never just about the lack of money.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 12:02 PM

"A man who truly believes doing nothing is the best option for progress. How can anyone tolerate that attitude…"

Letters
03-03-2016, 12:10 PM

I think the treble would :lol:
But there is zero chance of that.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 12:11 PM
I did hope he'd go out on a high after the cup win but I was easy going about it because I thought he deserved the opportunity to spend the cash we had waited the best part of a decade to receive. The only good thing to come out of this is that we now have clarity on what the problem is at the club. Many of us on here suspected that it was never just about the lack of money.

The problems were evident years ago. His treatment of Gilberto - foul. Denilson, that harbinger of the new, toxic football we play. And recently Sanogo, Kallstrom, this is just crazy shit. His steadfast refusal to act when action was required. His fucked up "vision", seeing the exact opposite of what every other sod and his dog could see. Judge him over the last 10 years and it's hilarious and sickening. Has there ever been a manager more worthy of the boot? But spend the capital he built up in the 10 years before and he's bought himself a decade living on past glory. That's the unfortunate reality that clubs like Forest have had to endure in the past.

Bumble
03-03-2016, 12:16 PM
At least the club is spending some money.

The 3rd highest net spend over the last 3 seasons. I guess behind both Manchester clubs.

I have sky and bt sport... I have bt broadband so it comes with that. but sky has the cricket as well which I tend to watch more than the football.

I have been to one arsenal game in the last 4 years and that was the barca game couple of weeks ago. I have two silver membership cards and intend to keep them as at some point things will turn around and I will start to go again.

In terms of the result yesterday... what a load of bollocks.

Globalgunner
03-03-2016, 12:17 PM
"A man who truly believes doing nothing is the best option for progress. How can anyone tolerate that attitude…"

His delusion is that he desperately wants to prove to the world that he is the greatest manager that ever lived, even though he patently isnt. So he does thing apposite to whatever conventional and general opinion says just to prove that he knows best. You need a striker everyone says.....He buys a winger, You need a DM.......He buys one that no one has ever thought of. Your keeper is not good........He keeps him for 6 years just to prove that he is better than people are saying
I have said this before and I will repeat it again. If Wenger was to stay here 30 years and on the 30th year he wins the CL after 29 years of failure. His 1st press conference. He will turn round to the press and say....Aha!, told ya I would win it.

That is the equivalent of throwing 2 dice in the air and boasting to everyone that they will land double 6. After about 1000 attempts it probably will but you will turn around to find your audience long gone.

Özim
03-03-2016, 12:32 PM
I can see whats going to happen here, Wenger always does just enough when times get bad, whether it be a decent signing, 2 or 3 good results or a pubbed cup win, I can see us beating Spurs at the weekend but not winning the league and it will be redemption for Wenger.

The fans will be happy forget about what's happened before and the cycle will continue, he's done it before when 4th place was all but lost.

Power n Glory
03-03-2016, 12:51 PM
I think the treble would :lol:
But there is zero chance of that.

Not even the treble. Why spoil that ending? Retire on a high with a miraculous story.

Xhaka Can’t
03-03-2016, 12:59 PM
I can't agree with that. The performance of Leicester this season has completely transformed the situation. Wenger has nothing to hide behind. All his inadequacies have been laid bare. The reaction of the fans while getting behind the team last night as we rightly should have, could not take the substitution of our best player on the night.

The fans did their part last night by getting behind the team while leaving Wenger in no doubt what they thought of his 'performance' as a manager. Trouble is, he does not care and nor do our owners.

I don't know how loud the boos were at the end because I couldn't stomach being there to see the inevitable.

The football hasn't even been good for the vast majority of our wins.

I'm done going.

Marc Overmars
03-03-2016, 01:04 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/12828334_633468173483919_5828572786780191138_o.jpg

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2016, 01:05 PM
I can't agree with that. The performance of Leicester this season has completely transformed the situation. Wenger has nothing to hide behind. All his inadequacies have been laid bare. The reaction of the fans while getting behind the team last night as we rightly should have, could not take the substitution of our best player on the night.

The fans did their part last night by getting behind the team while leaving Wenger in no doubt what they thought of his 'performance' as a manager. Trouble is, he does not care and nor do our owners.

I don't know how loud the boos were at the end because I couldn't stomach being there to see the inevitable.

I'm done going.

And who can blame you?.

Munchies
03-03-2016, 01:46 PM
https://twitter.com/papilokanu/status/705385428229222400

Even Kanu cant believe what's happened to Wenger

What is going on with arsenal and can someone tell me?come on boys this is time to show character and believe and start winning,we Kan do it

Kanu > Giroud and Walcott combined

Özim
03-03-2016, 01:50 PM

I'm done going.

Time will tell, we've seen the changearound many times before though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it change again, Wenger always clings on when people doubt him and pulls of stuff like that, problem is he can't pull it off when it really matters and the big trophies are up for grabs.

Marc Overmars
03-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Alexis Sánchez believes Arsenal lack the self-belief to become Premier League champions this season. The Gunners blew a big chance to increase the pressure on the current leaders, Leicester City, when they were beaten 2-1 at home by Swansea on Wednesday night.

“We lack self-belief, that we can actually be champions,” he told Directv Sports. “I think we can win the Premier League with the players we have. That said, we lack a certain hunger. We need to step out on to the pitch as if we’re already 1-0 up.

“I remember a game against Manchester United last year. The lads looked hungry for silverware as we took to the pitch. We crushed them in the first 20 minutes and went 3-0 up. We were hungry and brimming with confidence that day.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/03/alexis-sanchez-arsenal-lack-self-belief-premier-league-champions

Not sure he should opening his mouth - his decline in form is one of the key reasons for the state we're in.

Letters
03-03-2016, 01:56 PM
He is right but yeah, do your talking on the pitch Alexis.

Özim
03-03-2016, 01:59 PM
There's no killer instinct in this team, hasn't been for years, when th opportunity arises and they are controlling a game they don't go on to score 5 or 6 more often than not at 2-0 they stop playing and pat each other on the back, safe in the knoowledge it's been a good days work.

We lack the hunger and desire for sure, one of our own players has come out and said it now, we desperately need a motivator on board and I'd argue a bit of a clearout with some new blood brought in.

I'd get rid of crocks like Rosicky, Walcott, Gibbs, Wilshere and also get rid of the likes of Mertersacker, Flamini, Arteta, Ospina, Debuchy (already on loan), Jenkinson I'd also be looking at replacements for 31 year old Cazorla, as good as he is not sure how long he's going to remain at the top of his game at his age now. Gabriel, Ox can have a bit more time to prove themselves under a new manager to see if they're up to scratch.

There's a lot of work to be done with this squad to be honest, too many crocks and players we need a step up from, a top striker and DM and CB are a must and we'll need some new squad players who can come in and do a job too and perhaps a long term replacement for Santi, I really don't think Wenger is dealing with any of the issues with the team or squad, there's no plan in place to fix the issues or replace players who just can't stay fit.

selassie
03-03-2016, 02:03 PM

Very good article, exactly how I am feeling now, emotionally drained with it all.

Power n Glory
03-03-2016, 02:06 PM
There's no killer instinct in this team, hasn't been for years, when th opportunity arises and they are controlling a game they don't go on to score 5 or 6 more often than not at 2-0 they stop playing and pat each other on the back, safe in the knoowledge it's been a good days work.

We lack the hunger and desire for sure, one of our own players has come out and said it now, we desperately need a motivator on board and I'd argue a bit of a clearout with some new blood brought in.

I'd get rid of crocks like Rosicky, Walcott, Gibbs, Wilshere and also get rid of the likes of Mertersacker, Flamini, Arteta, Ospina, Debuchy (already on loan), Jenkinson I'd also be looking at replacements for 31 year old Cazorla, as good as he is not sure how long he's going to remain at the top of his game at his age now. Gabriel, Ox can have a bit more time to prove themselves under a new manager to see if they're up to scratch.

There's a lot of work to be done with this squad to be honest, too many crocks and players we need a step up from, a top striker and DM and CB are a must and we'll need some new squad players who can come in and do a job too and perhaps a long term replacement for Santi, I really don't think Wenger is dealing with any of the issues with the team or squad, there's no plan in place to fix the issues or replace players who just can't stay fit.

Before any player is sold the manager has to go. Even old crocks like Rosicky and Arteta may have something to offer behind the scenes in coaching roles. First person out the door should be Wenger.

selassie
03-03-2016, 02:08 PM

Aye I agree, think we need a bit of an overhaul, we're carrying a lot of baggage and as such our first team ends up being half full of what should really be squad players if we are club that is striving to be a top domestic and european powerhouse.

Wenger won't do a damn thing, he's way too deep in this mess because it's his doing, he probably can't see or doesn't want to see the issues that are now being discussed to death by all and sundry. He'll just do his usual, retreat into a shell and create strawman type arguments about the current situation, "we're not fighting relegation", "everybody tells me to buy messi", that type of shit.

As being discussed on here the issues run way deeper than team selection, tactics or his flawed transfer policy and what makes it worse is that none of these issues are being resolved, same old every single season, absolutely nothing changes.

I actually watched his post match interview yesterday and aside from the usual crap about how we were unlucky etc he sounded like a defeated man, the thing is we've been here before and quite frankly I have no faith in him rectifying what clearly needs to be rectified.

I also found his reaction to the Cech injury interesting, he almost answered it as if he was embarrassed and responsible for it. I mean how many muscular injuries do we get a season? It's a huge issue and has affected pretty much everyone in the squad.

Munchies
03-03-2016, 02:27 PM
A mate of mine just mentioned Amaury Bischoff as a Wenger signing

Remember him? :haha:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaury_Bischoff

mastermind84
03-03-2016, 02:28 PM
Cant even get mad anymore.

I saw Giroud mentally capitulate last night. Reminded me of the Monaco match.

Taking off Campbell was absolutely comedy.

Gabriel looks and plays like he belongs at Stoke.

Özim
03-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Before any player is sold the manager has to go. Even old crocks like Rosicky and Arteta may have something to offer behind the scenes in coaching roles. First person out the door should be Wenger.

I agree about the manager but not the other players, with all due respect to Rosicky he's been around here for 10 years, we want some fresh ideas not players who have been brainwashed into Wengerball.

Özim
03-03-2016, 02:34 PM
Giroud is a 2nd rate striker, always has been, yes he goes on a run of a few matches where he scores goals, but then he has a long dry spell where he couldn't hit a barn door, he's a sub at best.

I'm not a big fan as he doesn't really seem to have great technique, he scores the odd cracker but it looks more due to luck than skill to be honest.

We've needed someone who can actually put the ball away regularly and has a good shooting technique for years and yet Wenger still persists with this sorry lot up front.

Özim
03-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Aye I agree, think we need a bit of an overhaul, we're carrying a lot of baggage and as such our first team ends up being half full of what should really be squad players if we are club that is striving to be a top domestic and european powerhouse.

Wenger won't do a damn thing, he's way too deep in this mess because it's his doing, he probably can't see or doesn't want to see the issues that are now being discussed to death by all and sundry. He'll just do his usual, retreat into a shell and create strawman type arguments about the current situation, "we're not fighting relegation", "everybody tells me to buy messi", that type of shit.

As being discussed on here the issues run way deeper than team selection, tactics or his flawed transfer policy and what makes it worse is that none of these issues are being resolved, same old every single season, absolutely nothing changes.

I actually watched his post match interview yesterday and aside from the usual crap about how we were unlucky etc he sounded like a defeated man, the thing is we've been here before and quite frankly I have no faith in him rectifying what clearly needs to be rectified.

I also found his reaction to the Cech injury interesting, he almost answered it as if he was embarrassed and responsible for it. I mean how many muscular injuries do we get a season? It's a huge issue and has affected pretty much everyone in the squad.

Totally agree, he won't do anything, he can't bring himself to spend the necessary and time and time again he looks for the cheap solution to big problems in the squad. He also won't address the issue of crocks, because as always despite years of the same he believes they are actually going to stay fit for most of the season, totally deluded.

As for the interviews, seen it before, he'll perk up soon enough, he may look down but it doesn't last long and a few wins and he'll think we're the best thing since sliced bread again, it's like he only has a short term memory, this has always been the case, we could have a disastrous start where we look awful but it would all be forgotten if we put together a run of a few games where we don't lose, even if we haven't actually played that well in that run, he's basically blind to the teams and his own failings.

GP
03-03-2016, 03:19 PM
A mate of mine just mentioned Amaury Bischoff as a Wenger signing

Remember him? :haha:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaury_Bischoff

Don't really get the issue with this one. He didn't cost us anything. Was never expected to contribute anything.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Don't really get the issue with this one. He didn't cost us anything. Was never expected to contribute anything.

He was another player injured for his entire time here wasn't he? Our club is like a medical tourist hot spot.

Munchies
03-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Free wages for a year?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Why is he being mentioned? Has he died?

The Emirates Gallactico
03-03-2016, 03:43 PM
I think he'll be offered a new contract. He'll take it, too.

He'll probably be offered one another one when we string some wins together and the fan pressure is less intense though absent us winning the league this year I really think he may not renew. He really hesitated last time because of the abuse and left it to the last minute - had we gone out of the FA Cup in the semi's to Wigan he would have left.

It's really gone sour now ..... even the die hard Wenger loyalists are turning. I don't think he'll want to experience vitriol, abuse and Wenger out banners at every away game and to be honest it's best that he doesn't. The atmosphere is poisonous enough as is it.

:lol: I'll be honest, I'd tolerate Wenger signing a new contract if we did manage to win the treble! You could live of the glory and high of that for an entire year at least!

The Emirates Gallactico
03-03-2016, 03:46 PM

It's like the Sanogo situation. On it's own, a gamble on some unknown teenager is hardly a major issue but when that's correlated with actual problem areas in the squad not being rectified with experienced & reliable signings than fans get justifiably angry.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Well yeah as things stand, any manager able to win us the treble from this position would be Bob Paisley, Ernst Happel, Rinus Michels, Brian Clough, Alex Ferguson, Arrigo Sacchi, Otmar Hitzfeld all rolled into one

The Emirates Gallactico
03-03-2016, 03:51 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/03/alexis-sanchez-arsenal-lack-self-belief-premier-league-champions

Not sure he should opening his mouth - his decline in form is one of the key reasons for the state we're in.

He's been dire since his return but one of the big problems we have is that we really don't have enough other options for a reliable source of goals up front.

Giroud scores about three in a batch before going on a 8 or so game drought, Theo is hit and miss, Ozil has a slight bit of the Hleb's about scoring, Ramsey's lost his goalscoring touch and Ox seems incapable of using his talent to score goals.

Oh how I cry for the days when you had Henry, Freddie and Pires all contributing double figures every year.

fakeyank
03-03-2016, 03:52 PM
Someone here at least make an effort to back AW.. WTF is going on? There is no opposing viewpoint anymore. GW is getting as boring as the team!

The Emirates Gallactico
03-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Someone here at least make an effort to back AW.. WTF is going on? There is no opposing viewpoint anymore. GW is getting as boring as the team!

No one can defend it! Money can't be used as an excuse anymore. :lol:

Even the likes of Maccy and GP have turned. The last hope for some positivity is in Ollie and MS.

Letters
03-03-2016, 04:03 PM

I might be back if we beat Spurs :d

Obviously we won't though, so #WengerOut!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-03-2016, 04:04 PM

You'll have to wait until I finish work, I could work on a defence that would be both rambling and convoluted.

Munchies
03-03-2016, 04:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9gjaK0qTNg&feature=youtu.be

old but gold. Just as relevant

selassie
03-03-2016, 04:31 PM

Even the likes of Maccy and GP have turned. The last hope for some positivity is in Ollie and MS.

Alpha and Ollie, I haven't seen Ollie on here in ages, he's gone into hiding!

Alpha was turning a week or so back though. :lol:

GP
03-03-2016, 04:37 PM

In fairness, I said his time was up after the Birmingham cup final.

I tend to take a more positive view overall though. I mean, what's the point otherwise?

This season has been a train crash though. There's no getting around that.

GP
03-03-2016, 04:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/M4ubGNU.gif

Letters
03-03-2016, 04:49 PM
In fairness, I said his time was up after the Birmingham cup final.

I tend to take a more positive view overall though. I mean, what's the point otherwise?

This season has been a train crash though. There's no getting around that.

I thought that too - I didn't think we'd ever win a trophy under him again but then we signed Ozil and then we won the FA Cup and then he signed Sanchez and we retained it.
I think he deserved a chance to push on this season but it's increasingly clear we won't.

Munchies
03-03-2016, 05:18 PM
What changing a manager can do

points total in 2016
http://i.imgur.com/z10PLu9.png

Munchies
03-03-2016, 05:19 PM

Özim
03-03-2016, 05:26 PM
His time was up many years ago and at any other club he'd have been gone a long time ago, but here the owners are happy as they're seeing cash roll in left, right and center and the fans in reality just accepted this losers mentality as if it's the norm and is unrealistic to think it should be any different.

Even the great Ferguson after 3 years of not winning was being questioned so to think Wenger has lasted pretty much 11 years and is still here just shows how little resistance there's been. Had we waved goodbye and cut our losses a few years ago we'd probably be in a much better place now, as it is the squad needs a lot of work, the players have Wengerball so ingrained in them it will take quite a lot of work to change that and the whole club from top to bottom is now geared to accept mediocrity...that kind of damage will take years to fix.

When he finally has no choice but to leave I'm expecting what will probably be a hard transition because when someone has managed a club as long as Wenger has with such a big ego changing things isn't going to be easy, but at least we'll have unpredictability and hope back and if we do have a few tough seasons where things don't go to plan at least we can hope for better.

We could rename this club Arsene Wenger because in reality it's all about him from top to bottom which is a terrible scenario for any club and the owners have been more than happy with that as their only interest in money.

I felt he should have gone quite a while back and the fact he didn't has really done us no favours, it's probably done more damage than good in reality.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 05:28 PM

Wenger in

IBK
03-03-2016, 05:34 PM

:yikes: Exactly this.

Letters
03-03-2016, 05:41 PM
What changing a manager can do
The operative word there being 'can'. There are plenty of examples where it's gone the other way.

Özim
03-03-2016, 05:47 PM
The operative word there being 'can'. There are plenty of examples where it's gone the other way.

Frankly who cares, it will take time for any manager clearly after 20 years of one man in charge who has so much control, we may have a few a seasons, but if it's changes things for the better long term I'm all for it, when he does eventually leave we can at least look forward to change and seeing something different which is a good thing.

We should never have kept an underperforming manager for 20 years anyway, I also think it's not healthy for a club to keep one man in charge for 20 years, what you're seeing at Man U is an example of that (but Ferguson was incredibly successful so you could understand why they didn't get rid of him), we'll probably go through the same thing, but it'll be worse of rus because we haven't had 20 years of success.

alexander
03-03-2016, 05:49 PM
He's been dire since his return but one of the big problems we have is that we really don't have enough other options for a reliable source of goals up front.

Giroud scores about three in a batch before going on a 8 or so game drought, Theo is hit and miss, Ozil has a slight bit of the Hleb's about scoring, Ramsey's lost his goalscoring touch and Ox seems incapable of using his talent to score goals.

Oh how I cry for the days when you had Henry, Freddie and Pires all contributing double figures every year.

I wonder about Wengers coaching these days. He used to take a rough diamond and make them great, and a good player a world beater. These last 6+ seasons he cant do it. He even takes players like Arshavin and Alexis, who come with so much and smash the place up, and after 6-12 months they look like husks of their former selves. I know Alexis has been injured, but not sure its just that. Theo is a different case, no coach in the world can sort out that shower of shite.

alexander
03-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Frankly who cares, it will take time for any manager clearly after 20 years of one man in charge who has so much control, we may have a few a seasons, but if it's changes things for the better long term I'm all for it, when he does eventually leave we can at least look forward to change and seeing something different which is a good thing.

We should never have kept an underperforming manager for 20 years anyway, I also think it's not healthy for a club to keep one man in charge for 20 years, what you're seeing at Man U is an example of that (but Ferguson was incredibly successful so you could understand why they didn't get rid of him), we'll probably go through the same thing, but it'll be worse of rus because we haven't had 20 years of success.

TBF I would take a few seasons of up and down if we got the right man in place. Its not as if im not disappointed most of the time anyway.

I expect very little of Arsenal these days, yet im still disappointed on a regular basis.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 06:24 PM
A new manager could transform the team within 5 minutes. We'd be better in every aspect from the minute he walked in and it almost wouldn't matter who we picked. That's how poor, or more like non-existent, Wenger is as a coach and a motivator. Keeping it going would be the hard part, achieving the consistency of Wenger but without installation of the glass ceiling. Putting in methods that developed the players, expanding the range of tactics, deprogramming certain players, working in new and sane fitness programs - these are what would take the time to develop. But in terms of the team and our style of play, 5 minutes tops for a total transformation to something better. I could do it myself, 5 minutes. Anyone could do it. The manager is THAT bad.

Özil's Panoramic View
03-03-2016, 06:47 PM

fakeyank
03-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Wenger in

Bitch.

Munchies
03-03-2016, 08:54 PM
To all of you that thought the banner was destroyed, it's here and very much ready for action

https://twitter.com/DeejayDt/status/705494417956839424
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcprbNdWAAAcV1h.jpg

The banner is making a return!

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2016, 08:57 PM
Bitch.

Don't get emotional about this.

fakeyank
03-03-2016, 09:12 PM
To all of you that thought the banner was destroyed, it's here and very much ready for action

https://twitter.com/DeejayDt/status/705494417956839424
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcprbNdWAAAcV1h.jpg

The banner is making a return!

Alhumdulillah

GP
03-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Alhumdulillah

gesundheit

Xhaka Can’t
03-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Wenger in

sane?

Letters
04-03-2016, 07:55 AM
Had we waved goodbye and cut our losses a few years ago we'd probably be in a much better place now, as it is the squad needs a lot of work.

The first part of that is one of those somewhat annoying things people say - annoying because it is pure speculation.
A lot of clubs getting rid of a long term manager - ManYoo is a 'for example' - tend to do worse, at least in the short term. We can't know how we'd have done under a different manager so it's a pointless thing to say.

And does the squad need that much work? There is some dead wood to get rid of and we clearly near more up front but IMO we already have a squad which should be challenging, we don't need that much more.

Kano
04-03-2016, 08:15 AM
We have a squad that should win in the current environment, in any of the previous years it is not strong enough to be close to the title.

It drives me mad that people keep looking at our squad on paper and these 'known' names seem to indicate we have good players all over. We really don't. The squad needs quite a bit of work when you consider 4/5 attacking players are needed (out wide and upfront) replacements in midfield for those leaving and one if not two CB's and a replacement keeper once Ospina clears off. Maybe even more if an Ozil or Sanchez clear off.

Bumble
04-03-2016, 08:59 AM
The first part of that is one of those somewhat annoying things people say - annoying because it is pure speculation.
A lot of clubs getting rid of a long term manager - ManYoo is a 'for example' - tend to do worse, at least in the short term. We can't know how we'd have done under a different manager so it's a pointless thing to say.

And does the squad need that much work? There is some dead wood to get rid of and we clearly near more up front but IMO we already have a squad which should be challenging, we don't need that much more.
I disagree with Ozim I don't think the squad needs a lot of work, it needs better direction and structure. We have a squad that should be top of the league this year. Regardless of injuries as all teams have injuries and with the amount of money spend we have a big enough squad to cope with all the injuries we had.

The team needs a leader, needs direction and we need to get a grip of what sort of team we are going to be in playing style terms. Possession football doesn't work for us as we only have a couple of decent passers. We need use the pacy players we have better than we currently do. And we probably need another high energy CM tackler alongside Coq and let the front 4 do the business with the full backs providing the width.

Munchies
04-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Squad wise, we need a better CB, CDM/CM, winger and a striker.

That's an overhaul, and I don't trust Wenger to fix the squad over the Summer.

Same problem areas time and time again. Just go

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Who would you bring in? Not manager wise player wise?

I'd bring in a goalkeeper as a proper understudy to Petr Cech and let both Ospina and Szczesny go

Let Mertesacker and Callum Chambers go bring in John Stones and Ogbonna

Get rid of both Ramsey and Wilshere, Wilshere just never going to be fit and Ramsey is never going to fit into our style of play in central midfield too ponderous.

(Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky going almost goes without saying)

Bring in Gundogan from Borussia Dortmund and Wanyama from Southampton

Give Ox another chance but offload Walcott, bring in Mahrez

And finally Lukaku up front.

Gooner23
04-03-2016, 09:32 AM
We need 4 1st team starters, CB, CM, winger and striker. Not sure on names as don't follow European footy that much but they need to be better than what we already have in those positions I.e. Mertesacker, Ramsey, Ox, Giroud / Theo.

In the summer get rid of Debuchy, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky, Walcott plus some of the fringe players like Sanogo, Gnabry and Jenkinson. Send Chambers and Wilshere out on loan. The 2nd one until he can prove his fitness.

Power n Glory
04-03-2016, 09:44 AM
Hate to put the halt on a conversation but is there really any point in discussing what we need with Wenger at the helm? Putting aside the whole lack of transfer activity debacle and let’s assume we sign the right players we need in the summer, can he really be trusted to get the best out of them? Sanchez is playing like shit and it was practicable stuff. He had a World Cup and the a COPA America, we rushed him back because we were so shit at the start of the season and then he picks up an injury. He hasn’t been the same since coming back. But it was predictable. The injury definitely was at least. He doesn’t manage the fitness levels of the players well. Totally burns them out. Has no idea how to rotate so you keep a player on the bench motivated and the ones starting on their toes. We have no alternative striker even though we have options and he’s totally bunrt out Giroud’s confidence.

Letters
04-03-2016, 09:59 AM
Shall I just close this place down then and re-open it when Wenger leaves?

How has Wenger burnt out Giroud's confidence btw?

Munchies
04-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Cech out for 4 weeks

Confirmed in the pre-match conference

Ospnia :ilt:

Letters
04-03-2016, 10:03 AM

You couldn't make it up :ilt:

Ospina vs Barcelona :haha:

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Cech out for 4 weeks

Confirmed in the pre-match conference

Ospnia :ilt:

He'll miss spuds, Hull, WBA, Barca, Everton and probably Watford. Ospina would have played vs Hull anyway I guess. And now he gets to play vs Barca. That will be interesting.

Power n Glory
04-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Shall I just close this place down then and re-open it when Wenger leaves?

How has Wenger burnt out Giroud's confidence btw?
No. Just find something else to talk about. Under a new manager these players might actually perform better.

Giroud should have been 'rested' a long time ago. He should know by now that with each game that goes by without him scoring he loses confidence. He left it late, subbed and benched him when he's at his lowest point. Was it 7/8 games without a goal? But nobody else has played as striker for donkey's. Wenger doesn’t use his bench to see if someone else can play up front off the bench and make an impact. Which means most of our alternates are cold and we’re talking a gamble if they suddenly start a game. It makes matter worse if our alternative striker has a rusty game and then gets benched for the next when and we’re forced to depend on Giroud again, who is even more damaged after being benched.

GP
04-03-2016, 10:25 AM

You couldn't make it up :ilt:

Ospina vs Barcelona :haha:

Ospina is fine.

Not as good as Cech, obviously, but he's a good player in his own right.

It's not like we're throwing Almunia in.

Letters
04-03-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure how dropping a striker who is not scoring is going to help. Strikers need goals to get confidence, he's not going to score if he's not playing. He's not scoring anyway right now but it will come.

GP
04-03-2016, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure how dropping a striker who is not scoring is going to help. Strikers need goals to get confidence, he's not going to score if he's not playing. He's not scoring anyway right now but it will come.

No, don't you see? Dropping him to the bench is much better for his confidence than showing faith in him.