PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Hull City Tigers (away, FA Cup).

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Glorious win IMO.

adzzzbatch
08-03-2016, 09:04 PM
wooo

fakeyank
08-03-2016, 09:04 PM
Giroud scoring, Walcott scoring, Ramsey getting injured... great night in all!

Power n Glory
08-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Hardly created anything in the first half but it all came together in the 2nd.

Goals from Giroud and Theo. Not their best games but we need them to find their goal streaks.

Elneny had a good game. Measured passes and helped us control the park. If Ramsey stays injured he should be getting the nod for CM.

Commentators on my stream loved Iwobi but I really didn't see it. Better in the 2nd half but probably better as winger. I don't think he has the passes.

Campbell had a decent game as well. Heck of a pass for that 3rd goal. Good on defence as well.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Are they still called the Hull City Tigers :doh:

Or is that just a hangover pisstake?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2016, 09:08 PM
http://www.hullcitytigers.com/

Coney
08-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Are they still called the Hull City Tigers :doh:

Or is that just a hangover pisstake?

Hull City were always referred to as 'The Tigers' when I was at school in Hull in the '60s. It is nothing new. Only thing recently was the owner trying to change the name away from Hull City - something like our owner trying to get us changed to The Gunners as the official name rather than The Arsenal just because he felt like it.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Hardly created anything in the first half but it all came together in the 2nd.

Goals from Giroud and Theo. Not their best games but we need them to find their goal streaks.

Elneny had a good game. Measured passes and helped us control the park. If Ramsey stays injured he should be getting the nod for CM.

Commentators on my stream loved Iwobi but I really didn't see it. Better in the 2nd half but probably better as winger. I don't think he has the passes.

Campbell had a decent game as well. Heck of a pass for that 3rd goal. Good on defence as well.

Dude :doh:

Every time he got the ball he turned towards the goal (the opposition goal) and moved the ball forwards. Forwards. That makes him gold dust in this squad. The rarest of the rare. Now this was against a truly dire Hull City so nobody should be getting too carried away by any of the performances tonight. But Iwobi was the standout and not for the first time this season. Very fluid and confident player. Jeff had the same confidence about him too during the limited time he was on. And he looked string.

Bif and Theo, 2 goals each but still looked so ordinary. Poor old Theo has regressed so far he wouldn't make it in football at all if he had to try-out now.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Hull City were always referred to as 'The Tigers' when I was at school in Hull in the '60s. It is nothing new. Only thing recently was the owner trying to change the name away from Hull City - something like our owner trying to get us changed to The Gunners as the official name rather than The Arsenal just because he felt like it.

Yeah but Tigers is not part of the official name is it? Until that muppet came along at least.

Coney
08-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Yeah but Tigers is not part of the official name is it? Until that muppet came along at least.

Correct.

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Hull City were always referred to as 'The Tigers' when I was at school in Hull in the '60s. It is nothing new. Only thing recently was the owner trying to change the name away from Hull City - something like our owner trying to get us changed to The Bean Counters as the official name rather than The Arsenal just because he felt like it.

FYP

Master Splinter
08-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Elneny is good.

Iwobi looks good too, but his attributes would be more useful as a wide link player than a central one. He is Oxlade with more of a brain.

The 7th Wenget Cup is coming home. :scarf:

Master Splinter
08-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Hull City were always referred to as 'The Tigers' when I was at school in Hull in the 1660s. It is nothing new. Only thing recently was the owner trying to change the name away from Hull City - something like our owner trying to get us changed to The Gunners as the official name rather than The Arsenal just because he felt like it.

FYP.

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2016, 09:23 PM
:lol:

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Elneny is good.

Iwobi looks good too, but his attributes would be more useful as a wide link player than a central one. He is Oxlade with more of a brain.

So move him wide and who do you put in the centre? If it's not Cazorla then it's going to be one of the sideways/ backwards merchants. Iwobi's real strength is that he plays towards the opposition goal. I'm not sure that novelty will ever get old.

Power n Glory
08-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Elneny is good.

My thoughts on Iwobi as well. Not really a number 10 but early days for him.

fakeyank
08-03-2016, 09:26 PM
So move him wide and who do you put in the centre? If it's not Cazorla then it's going to be one of the sideways/ backwards merchants. Iwobi's real strength is that he plays towards the opposition goal. I'm not sure that novelty will ever get old.

:gp:

Anybody not making sideways and backward passes in this Arsenal team is a diamond in the rough.

Master Splinter
08-03-2016, 09:29 PM

With most of the midfield wiped out, he or The Jeff are obviously the only non-Ozil options there. I was thinking more long-term.

Power n Glory
08-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Dude :doh:

Every time he got the ball he turned towards the goal (the opposition goal) and moved the ball forwards. Forwards. That makes him gold dust in this squad. The rarest of the rare. Now this was against a truly dire Hull City so nobody should be getting too carried away by any of the performances tonight. But Iwobi was the standout and not for the first time this season. Very fluid and confident player. Jeff had the same confidence about him too during the limited time he was on. And he looked string.

Bif and Theo, 2 goals each but still looked so ordinary. Poor old Theo has regressed so far he wouldn't make it in football at all if he had to try-out now.

He's still young and raw but he hasn't got an eye for the pass. Even the ball he played for Theo's goal on the 2nd was slightly behind and not into his path. Theo need to drag the ball from behind slightly. Seems more of wide player but have nothing against him learning his craft as a number 10. It wasn't a game where we created a lot of chances so we did well to score 4.

Power n Glory
08-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Elneny is good.

Also, thought Elneny had a really good game at CM. Needs to sharpen up on defence a little but his ball distribution and just making himself available for the pass is what I like to see. Helped us dominate possession and keep the pressure on them even though we weren't creating much. As the game went on we started to find our stride.

Marc Overmars
08-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Hopefully a nice confidence booster to kick us out of this rut.

More of the same on Sunday please and we're off to Wembley again. :scarf:

Gooner23
08-03-2016, 10:19 PM
We desperately need a winning run and some confidence back so happy with this result. The ridiculous injury curse strikes again though, what is wrong with our players!

fakeyank
08-03-2016, 10:34 PM
We desperately need a winning run and some confidence back so happy with this result. The ridiculous injury curse strikes again though, what is wrong with our players!

Injury to Ramsey is a blessing in disguise tbf. Per just looked groggy and I think he'll be back soon enough. Gabriel, I dont know what happened to him! :unsure:

fakeyank
08-03-2016, 10:37 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160308/wenger-on-the-win-injuries-and-giroud

Ramsey's looks like a long term injury! :scarf:

Wenger being forced into a working formation by injuries again!!

Marc Overmars
08-03-2016, 10:39 PM
A thigh strain will probably mean a month out for Ramsey.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2016, 10:58 PM
So Flamini the keep-fit guy is back in business. Hardly good news.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2016, 11:00 PM
He won't miss that many league games with the international break soon and FA Cup games.

Kano
08-03-2016, 11:06 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160308/wenger-on-the-win-injuries-and-giroud

Ramsey's looks like a long term injury! :scarf:

Wenger being forced into a working formation by injuries again!!
We need Ramsey. He works better on the right and his absence will also mean more Flamini. Which is really shit.

Letters
08-03-2016, 11:22 PM
3 in a row.
It's on!
#WengerIn

Wenger :bow:

Munchies
08-03-2016, 11:38 PM
Ian Wright is going at it with the Gooner who had the 'Thanks for the Memories time to say Goodbye' banner

https://twitter.com/IanWright0/status/707320577187553281

:haha:

I'm with the Gooner on this one.

Wright calling him a bellend isn't on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbkbnjA19o

Munchies
08-03-2016, 11:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdDfxy0WAAESmja.jpg

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7519970.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Hull-City-v-Arsenal-FA-Cup-replay.jpg

YES!!

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2016, 12:29 AM
Ideal moment to put that banner up. It shows the complaint is not knee-jerk and connected to a single result. A 4-0 win but the underlying sentiment is as strong as ever, Wenger has to go. So does Kroenke and Jabba mind you. Would like to see their ugly mugs on banners too. Unfortunately there are already Wengerites coming out with shit about respect and loyalty. I guess for them it's okay for respect and loyalty to be a one way street. There would be no banner if Wenger was doing his job properly, it's that simple.

That said, looking at some of the fawning muppets on twatter, the fans responsible for that banner are probably in for a lot of shit. It tends to happen that way, there are always grovelling little shits who will leap to the defence of their master. Doesn't matter how many times you kick these dogs, they'll still wag their tails when the master shows them the stick and tells them to fetch. You have Ty on there talking about our "brilliant performance" tonight, delusional twat. This board and this manager will need to feel some heat before they even acknowledge the fans, you included Ty for all your grovelling, let alone do something to drag this club out of its self imposed mediocrity.

So good luck to the lads with the banner, they'll need it.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2016, 12:35 AM
General line from the Wenger Brigade seems to be directed at "plastics who shout Wenger out after every defeat."

It was a 4-0 win you muppets :doh:

Munchies
09-03-2016, 12:45 AM
Ideal moment to put that banner up. It shows the complaint is not knee-jerk and connected to a single result. A 4-0 win but the underlying sentiment is as strong as ever, Wenger has to go. So does Kroenke and Jabba mind you. Would like to see their ugly mugs on banners too. Unfortunately there are already Wengerites coming out with shit about respect and loyalty. I guess for them it's okay for respect and loyalty to be a one way street. There would be no banner if Wenger was doing his job properly, it's that simple.

That said, looking at some of the fawning muppets on twatter, the fans responsible for that banner are probably in for a lot of shit. It tends to happen that way, there are always grovelling little shits who will leap to the defence of their master. Doesn't matter how many times you kick these dogs, they'll still wag their tails when the master shows them the stick and tells them to fetch. You have Ty on there talking about our "brilliant performance" tonight, delusional twat. This board and this manager will need to feel some heat before they even acknowledge the fans, you included Ty for all your grovelling, let alone do something to drag this club out of its self imposed mediocrity.

So good luck to the lads with the banner, they'll need it.

:gp:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Do it after a defeat 'WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH'

Coney
09-03-2016, 01:04 AM
FYP.

:d

fakeyank
09-03-2016, 02:42 AM
We need Ramsey. He works better on the right and his absence will also mean more Flamini. Which is really shit.

He hasnt worked for the team since he has come back. Dont need a selfish player. We are better off without Ramsey at this point.

Power n Glory
09-03-2016, 08:33 AM
He hasnt worked for the team since he has come back. Dont need a selfish player. We are better off without Ramsey at this point.

Elneny should be playing. Needs to be tested at a higher level and so far he has a better sense of how to distribute the ball and better positioning. We already know Flamini can't do that and Ramsey hasn't done it all season. Despite the lack of creativity, it didn't feel like we struggled to get the ball into the final third and keep the pressure in their own half for once.

Kano
09-03-2016, 08:58 AM

Yes, in the middle. Out wide he is more effective and helps stack out our midfield a bit more too, as he did when we were playing much better from the start of 2015. Playing him there against Spuds also saw us become a bit more solid because of that. We always need bodies in this squad, given the rate we pick up injuries. If Wenger puts more faith in Iwobi, then we might negate that problem.

IBK
09-03-2016, 09:12 AM

This.

Marc Overmars
09-03-2016, 09:38 AM
General line from the Wenger Brigade seems to be directed at "plastics who shout Wenger out after every defeat."

It was a 4-0 win you muppets :doh:

It was a 0-4 win over a Championship team at the 2nd time of trying. If people think that's going to placate the fans then they're really stupid and missing the point.

GP
09-03-2016, 09:45 AM
And I don't think there really is much of a 'Wenger Brigade' these days.

I certainly don't know anyone who still thinks he's the right man.

Power n Glory
09-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Yes, in the middle. Out wide he is more effective and helps stack out our midfield a bit more too, as he did when we were playing much better from the start of 2015. Playing him there against Spuds also saw us become a bit more solid because of that. We always need bodies in this squad, given the rate we pick up injuries. If Wenger puts more faith in Iwobi, then we might negate that problem.

I think Campbell deserves a run in the squad on the right.

IBK
09-03-2016, 10:13 AM
It was a 0-4 win over a Championshio team at the 2nd time of trying. If people think that's going to placate the fans then they're really stupid and missing the point.

Yes - and I agree that the banner displayed after the game was well timed as it showed that the disenchantment of the manager runs deeper than a win or a loss.

Özim
09-03-2016, 10:14 AM
The mini unbeaten run has started, soon enough things will be back to normal and Wenger will be hailing our mental strength and team spirit.

Power n Glory
09-03-2016, 10:16 AM
Yes - and I agree that the banner displayed after the game was well timed as it showed that the disenchantment of the manager runs deeper than a win or a loss.

Surprised Wright has had a pop at the fan with the banner considering his stance on Wenger.

Özim
09-03-2016, 10:16 AM
It was a 0-4 win over a Championshio team at the 2nd time of trying. If people think that's going to placate the fans then they're really stupid and missing the point.

Exactly, good win but we should have won it at 1st time of asking, there will always be a few who will think this is the start of something big though.

Özim
09-03-2016, 10:18 AM
I think Campbell deserves a run in the squad on the right.

Campbell has performed really well this season when called upon, I think he's earning his place, works hard, makes things happen and has talent a good combination.

Power n Glory
09-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Campbell has performed really well this season when called upon, I think he's earning his place, works hard, makes things happen and has talent a good combination.

He works hard on defence and has end product. I think he's pulled off some of the best assists this season. One criticism is he plays in patches and can have quiet moments but with more game time that could change.

Özim
09-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Wenger again almost cocky about his job, he knows his position well:

Against Hull, some Gunners fans held up a banner reading "Arsene, thanks for the memories but it's time to say goodbye".

Wenger said: "There's nothing disappointing for me, I do my job. Look at the history of the club and you will see that I have nothing to be scared of."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35760378

IBK
09-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Surprised Wright has had a pop at the fan with the banner considering his stance on Wenger.

Is he a 'Wenger Out'? Generally, it does frustrate me the way many people within the game seem to be so precious about Wenger (even while often critisising the flaky nature of his teams). In this respect, its astonishing how Wenger has managed to create this 'hero' cult using a combination of early success, longevity and CL qualification. For me, last night's banner was indicative of the majority of Gooners' attitude - not OTT disrespectful, but simply expressing a situation that has become increasingly apparent - that the manager does not have what it takes to move our club forward. The Stoke station incident is the only example of real disrespect that I can recall - yet many pundits and writers seem to feel that Wenger should be immune from candid criticism of what has ultimately been underperformance for a manager of his stature for a number of years - and something of a shambles this season.

IBK
09-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Wenger again almost cocky about his job, he knows his position well:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35760378

And that's it in a nutshell. Noone is denying his past success or his efforts to leave the club on a solid footing, but he can and should be judged on the present, not the past and I'm sick of Wenger taking the view that history is an excuse for his present failings. Messianistic or what?

Letters
09-03-2016, 10:56 AM
And I don't think there really is much of a 'Wenger Brigade' these days.

I certainly don't know anyone who still thinks he's the right man.

Letters does.
Letters :haha:

(thought I'd save someone else the bother, there).

What I don't understand is why everything has to be so extreme on here. Is that a GW thing or an internet thing?

Is it not perfectly valid to think that:

Wenger, overall, did pretty well to keep us in the top 4 in the early days of the stadium move with the billionaires running amok.
But he should have won a couple of trophies in that era and probably should have been sacked.
The new money did start a new policy in the transfer window (someone on here said, although I haven't checked, that our net spend over the last 3 seasons is the 3rd highest in the league. It certainly has been quite high and compare and contrast with the 3 years before that when we actually made a net profit) and we started signing players of a level who should push us on.
The Cup win was a welcome relief and got the 'no trophies' monkey off our back. We seemed well placed to push on and Sanchez was another top signing.
Last year was a disappointment, Wenger probably should have been sacked for the failure to compete for the title but the Cup retention mitigated somewhat and arguably bought him one last try.
Last summer's transfer dealings were disappointing, Cech was a great signing but we needed more up front and it was a risk relying on Walcott or goals from midfield (although, in theory, there should be plenty from midfield)
This season I was happy to support Wenger while we were in the title race, I've said all along that if we don't properly challenge then he should be sacked. The recent run has probably put us too far behind and, worse, at the expense of Leicester and Spurs. So yeah, he should be sacked. But that doesn't mean he's "clueless" or "incompetent" or "a c***" or all the other things people throw at him.

The flaws he has are the ones he has always had. Not for the last 10 years, for the last 20. He had them when we were successful but the team was so good they didn't matter. But he has his strengths too, those strengths were why that team was so good although some of those strengths - the training and fitness methods, the knowledge of the European game - have been nullified by a combination of other clubs catching up, arguably overtaking us, and some clubs now being able to throw as much money around as they like till they achieve success.
We need someone who can push us on and it's increasingly clear that isn't Wenger. But tt seems it's not enough on here to want Wenger out. You have to believe he has no redeeming features, is a complete incompetent, you need to insult him. You have to believe that everything he says is stupid and wrong - even if you agree with it.
The slightest defence or thought that maybe he's not been so bad despite his flaws and you're "sucking his cock" and think he's flawless.

It's pathetic really.

Power n Glory
09-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Is he a 'Wenger Out'? Generally, it does frustrate me the way many people within the game seem to be so precious about Wenger (even while often critisising the flaky nature of his teams). In this respect, its astonishing how Wenger has managed to create this 'hero' cult using a combination of early success, longevity and CL qualification. For me, last night's banner was indicative of the majority of Gooners' attitude - not OTT disrespectful, but simply expressing a situation that has become increasingly apparent - that the manager does not have what it takes to move our club forward. The Stoke station incident is the only example of real disrespect that I can recall - yet many pundits and writers seem to feel that Wenger should be immune from candid criticism of what has ultimately been underperformance for a manager of his stature for a number of years - and something of a shambles this season.

He once said Arsenal fans were delusional for trusting in Wenger.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ian-wright-arsene-wenger-does-not-tell-the-truth-and-his-supporters-are-deluded-8418133.html

He's said more and I think he is being hypocritical. I can see the media and usual pundits starting to round on vocal supporters even though they have been stoking the flames by questioning Wenger's record and failings. It's a dirty game and it only serves to split the fans so we have Ty's on one side and Claude on the other. The media vultures will paint us as victims and Wenger the villain but will soon reverse the roles. The guy with the banner will be in for a rough ride and really surprised at Wright. He of all people should understand the frustration after saying it doesn't seems as though the defeats hurt Wenger.

IBK
09-03-2016, 11:15 AM
No problem with any of that. But you and I have discussed the reasons for the 'extremes' many times before (not that I am am an extremist anti Wengerite - I hope). It is down to one thing, and one thing only in my view - namely frustration. And in a perverse way, the extremes are bound up with a latent affection for the manager. Generally speaking (ie in the wider world), most Gooners have been incredibly patient over the past decade. they have recognised the sacrifices that have needed to be made because of the stadium project; they have endured the sales of our best players, and they have believed in the club's message that lean times were necessary in order to allow us to compete properly for honours. But not only has this not happened - but it has become increasingly apparent that Wenger is blind to his shortcomings. I think that fans' frustration is partly the result of us being able to see the benefits of the manager's tenure. We have talented players; and have competed at top 4 level in an era where mega money has come into the game - and it would be a fool who argued that this is not down to our manager.

But from this platform, it is Wenger's obvious failings that have prevented us from pushing on - even when the overall level of our squad has been improved with the addition of world class talent.

Its the hope that kills - and we have seen the potential in our team to do something special. As you say, the first recent FA Cup win was supposed to be a springboard. Yet if anything, we have gone backwards since, and the obvious reality that this is a team failing to live up to its potential because of a manager who will not address its obvious failings has over a long period of time now ground fans down into frustration and disillusionment. There is an oft mis-attributed quote that says madness is doing the same over and over and expecting things to change. Well this is where we seem to be as a club - and I while it may be unfair on an objective level to disregard the benefits that Wenger has brought us in criticising him now, it is understandable in what is an emotional relationship that fans have with the club they love.

IBK
09-03-2016, 11:20 AM
He once said Arsenal fans were delusional for trusting in Wenger.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ian-wright-arsene-wenger-does-not-tell-the-truth-and-his-supporters-are-deluded-8418133.html

He's said more and I think he is being hypocritical. I can see the media and usual pundits starting to round on vocal supporters even though they have been stoking the flames by questioning Wenger's record and failings. It's a dirty game and it only serves to split the fans so we have Ty's on one side and Claude on the other. The media vultures will paint us as victims and Wenger the villain but will soon reverse the roles. The guy with the banner will be in for a rough ride and really surprised at Wright. He of all people should understand the frustration after saying it doesn't seems as though the defeats hurt Wenger.

Oh yes - the press is fickle as hell - and I think that there is a general feeling that we Gooners are spoilt and have a sense of entitlement, rather than recognising that as a whole we have been patient, and have seen our club gently decline from it's position at the top of the table, and are unhappy about this. So for example, they will point out our failure to succeed in the CL, despite being one of Europe's biggest clubs, with the highest ticket prices and gate receipts in the world, yet criticise fans for being disenchanted with the situation. :blink:

Özim
09-03-2016, 01:10 PM
And that's it in a nutshell. Noone is denying his past success or his efforts to leave the club on a solid footing, but he can and should be judged on the present, not the past and I'm sick of Wenger taking the view that history is an excuse for his present failings. Messianistic or what?

There's never any humility from the guy, in his eyes as he clearly illustrates he knows his job is safe regardless and he's almost smug about it, he knows he can get away with criticising fans with no comeback, you won't find another man earning that kind of money in such a comfortable, relatively pressureless environment.

People hate Mourinho which I can understand why but at least he's up front about his feelings, Wenger just has sly digs and this cocksure attitude that's he's superior to everyone else and above them and regularly patronises fans, he's got a very poor manner about him, some humility wouldn't go amiss, as it is he's come across as arrogant and not very likeable.

I guess in the end he doesn't care what fans think though, he's happy as long as the owners think he's the best thing since sliced bread and keep paying his his salary every year, a cold character with no real passion for what matters in football, it's fans.

Letters
09-03-2016, 01:20 PM
QED...

Özim
09-03-2016, 01:26 PM
I don't think so, we know this to be true from his behaviour.

Kano
09-03-2016, 01:31 PM
Arsenal’s players held a crisis meeting called by Per Mertesacker, Petr Cech, Mikel Arteta and Tomas Rosicky before their FA Cup victory at Hull City on Tuesday night, in a bid to stave off the dire run of form that is threatening their season.

Before the 4-0 win against Hull in the fifth-round replay at the KC Stadium, Arsčne Wenger’s team had won only once in six games, a sequence stretching back to the defeat of Leicester City on Valentine’s Day.

It left the Gunners eight points behind the leaders, Leicester, and facing a 2-0 deficit to Barcelona ahead of the Champions League last-16 second leg at the Camp Nou next week.

Theo Walcott, who scored twice against Hull, along with Olivier Giroud, revealed that a core of senior players decided they should try to thrash out their problems ahead of the game.

“We are not going to lie,” he said. “We know as a unit it has been tough and we all had a good chat among us behind closed doors, without even any of the coaches or the manager knowing about anything and I think it is important that as a team we have got it in us. We just have to produce it more often.”

Walcott pointed to the 2-2 draw at Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday, in which Arsenal fell 2-1 behind to Mauricio Pochettino’s side having gone down to 10 men following the sending off of Francis Coquelin on 55 minutes. Alexis Sánchez’s 76th-minute equaliser secured a point at White Hart Lane and Walcott said: “You had a sense of the Tottenham game especially, when you go down to 10 men in a big game like that, the belief and the character was there.

“The never-give-up spirit was there as well. In the derby matches, they could be the matches that turn your season and we may have turned the corner maybe.”

Walcott outlined how the meeting was called. “We have quite a lot of experienced players in the dressing room,” the 26-year-old said. “It came from Cech, Mikel, Per and Tomas. We have four good old heads there. I’d like to keep what was said among ourselves but it was very important. We have had a reaction from it anyway.”

He said of Wenger: “He probably knows about it anyway – he’s got ears everywhere at the club. The manager respects the players’ privacy and what’s happening personally among us all. It was a meeting to express how everyone was feeling basically and it worked.”

Arsenal now host Watford in the sixth-round tie at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday. Wenger could be without Aaron Ramsey, who sustained a thigh problem against Hull, having come on for Mertesacker. While the latter’s head injury may not rule him out of Sunday, Wenger will await tests on Gabriel Paulista’s hamstring problem after he was also forced off during the match. Nacho Monreal, who replaced the Brazilian, was seen limping after the game and is a further doubt.

Walcott said: “The pitch was quite heavy but the injuries are probably the disappointing thing coming out of the game. But we can’t speculate until we know what the damage is. Injuries come in the game and that is one of those things.

“The most important thing was just a clean sheet. We have been conceding too many goals cheaply as a unit. We haven’t been scoring enough. It was a confidence boost to everyone that it was good.”

Arsenal have won the trophy for the past two seasons and want to become the first club to claim a hat-trick of triumphs since Blackburn Rovers, who achieved the feat between 1884 and 1886.

Walcott said: “We want to stay in this competition because it is massive for us. We want to make those history books and try and push on to Wembley and do it on the third occasion but we have got a big test against Watford first. Obviously we are looking too far ahead and the players don’t really like to do that.

“But as you get closer and closer, there is a sense of belief that we can do it and create history which would be a great achievement for everyone. But we all know what we want this year and we would swap it in a heartbeat without a doubt.

“The competition has been pretty good for us. People say we have had some kind draws but you can see in the cup competitions that anyone can beat anyone. You saw the first game against Hull and how they played against us [in a goalless draw]. It was there for the taking, to be honest, but luckily it paid off in the end.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/09/arsenal-players-crisis-meeting-hull-fa-cup-theo-walcott

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Don't believe any of your bullshit Theo - sorry. If this was a behind closed doors, manager didn't know about it, respect our privacy style meeting then why announce it at all? We had this meeting that worked! Can't say anything about it. Bullshit. As if players getting together to discuss why they are so shit is such a big deal. Shouldn't that always happen? Says a lot about that dressing room and the complacency that rules it. Theo, in the press where he does most of his work, boasting because they team did something they should be doing every week. Anyway, he's the most senior player there, so why does it take "old heads" to organise the basics. Get your arse in gear Theo, you lazy git. 9 games to win, nothing else will do. Do your talking on the pitch for a change.

Munchies
09-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Don't believe any of your bullshit Theo - sorry. If this was a behind closed doors, manager didn't know about it, respect our privacy style meeting then why announce it at all? We had this meeting that worked! Can't say anything about it. Bullshit. As if players getting together to discuss why they are so shit is such a big deal. Shouldn't that always happen? Says a lot about that dressing room and the complacency that rules it. Theo, in the press where he does most of his work, boasting because they team did something they should be doing every week. Anyway, he's the most senior player there, so why does it take "old heads" to organise the basics. Get your arse in gear Theo, you lazy git. 9 games to win, nothing else will do. Do your talking on the pitch for a change.

The guy has been a nothing player for us for 10 years

Did not do anything whatsoever apart from the burst when his contract was running out.

Sign da ting!

IBK
09-03-2016, 01:50 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/09/arsenal-players-crisis-meeting-hull-fa-cup-theo-walcott

We are not going to lie,” he said. “We know as a unit it has been tough

So don't lie - tell it like it is. It hasn't been 'tough' - its been poor and simply not good enough.

Power n Glory
09-03-2016, 01:51 PM

This isn't the first time the players have had to gather themselves whilst Wenger has hid his head in the sand. Wasn't the same said after the Utd game? A team meeting on tactics without Wenger?

I get the criticism of Walcott and the talking but he took his chances yesterday. It didn't take a handful of chances before netting. It's a start. Same goes for Giroud. I don't think we created many great chances but at least we put the ball in the back of the net for once.

Power n Glory
09-03-2016, 01:59 PM
So don't lie - tell it like it is. It hasn't been 'tough' - its been poor and simply not good enough.

When you have Wenger as coach in the press contradicting what Sanchez has said about us lacking in hunger and confidence when going out to play, making out as if we're just unlucky, the above statement makes sense. Not sure why Wenger doesn't tell the truth and no wonder why the players have to hold a secret meeting. After a loss and feeling dejected, nothing worse than having a coach that won't say anything of substance at half time or after the game to his players when we're down. A delusional statement about luck and bouncing back the next game is the last thing you want to hear and I can imagine that's all he tells his players. They certainly play like that's all he tells them.

IBK
09-03-2016, 02:03 PM
When you have Wenger as coach in the press contradicting what Sanchez has said about us lacking in hunger and confidence when going out to play, making out as if we're just unlucky, the above statement makes sense. Not sure why Wenger doesn't tell the truth and no wonder why the players have to hold a secret meeting. After a loss and feeling dejected, nothing worse than having a coach that won't say anything of substance at half time or after the game to his players when we're down. A delusional statement about luck and bouncing back the next game is the last thing you want to hear and I can imagine that's all he tells his players. They certainly play like that's all he tells them.

I agree - and have felt for a long time that Wenger's constant excuses and failure to call out shocking performances (notably Manure away recently) breeds complacency, and its complacency that's cost us more than anything else this season. That's why Alexis' comments that the team goes out thinking it's already 1-0 up resonated...

Munchies
09-03-2016, 02:21 PM
Ian Wright was on Fletch and Sav last week and got asked 'Do you think Wenger is the right man to lead Arsenal in the future' and he couldn't answer it.

Guy needs to get his views sorted rather than pondering on which one benefits him more. He also smiled when Piers Morgan was taking shots at Wenger.

Power n Glory
09-03-2016, 02:28 PM
Ian Wright was on Fletch and Sav last week and got asked 'Do you think Wenger is the right man to lead Arsenal in the future' and he couldn't answer it.

Guy needs to get his views sorted rather than pondering on which one benefits him more. He also smiled when Piers Morgan was taking shots at Wenger.

What is he playing at? It's ok to change your mind but considering the things he's said recently and in the past, it makes you wonder. Where is the integrity? I've seen it all if Merson comes out and starts berating vocal fans. Not a conspiracy theorist but it makes me wonder if brown paper bags have been exchanged.

Munchies
09-03-2016, 02:36 PM
What is he playing at? It's ok to change your mind but considering the things he's said recently and in the past, it makes you wonder. Where is the integrity? I've seen it all if Merson comes out and starts berating vocal fans. Not a conspiracy theorist but it makes me wonder if brown paper bags have been exchanged.

Wouldn't rule it out tbh, or he's being offered some sort of job with the club down the line.

Piers Morgan just supported the banner and the guy who put it up

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/707570261642616832

:bow:

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2016, 02:38 PM

It's all about the brown paper bags in the end. Not direct bribes but rather the things people will do for publicity, and publicity comes before the cash unless you are higher up the food chain. All Wright had to do was say he agreed with the right to speech but disagreed with what was being said. So simple and with the added benefit of being honest and agenda free. But those hits and clicks and headlines and tweets and all that shit, they don't go to the ones who stay quiet. Everyone is doing it, even Henry has stuck his integrity under the pillow to make a few quid more. The only guys in this with a bit of integrity are the ones who stuck the banner up. They considered their actions carefully beforehand, they have a point to make, they have made it in the right manner. That's why the Wengerites are so pissed, there's nothing easy to dismiss there.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Wouldn't rule it out tbh, or he's being offered some sort of job with the club down the line.

Piers Morgan just supported the banner and the guy who put it up

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/707570261642616832

:bow:

It's very inconvenient to hold the same opinion as Morgan. It automatically suggests I'm a cunt. But the thing about the truth is there's no agenda so anyone can play. It's time for Wenger to leave. Who could possibly present a credible case to the contrary? Not even Wenger can present a case, beyond telling people to piss off and enjoy the two wins against Leicester.

Power n Glory
09-03-2016, 02:53 PM
It's all about the brown paper bags in the end. Not direct bribes but rather the things people will do for publicity, and publicity comes before the cash unless you are higher up the food chain. All Wright had to do was say he agreed with the right to speech but disagreed with what was being said. So simple and with the added benefit of being honest and agenda free. But those hits and clicks and headlines and tweets and all that shit, they don't go to the ones who stay quiet. Everyone is doing it, even Henry has stuck his integrity under the pillow to make a few quid more. The only guys in this with a bit of integrity are the ones who stuck the banner up. They considered their actions carefully beforehand, they have a point to make, they have made it in the right manner. That's why the Wengerites are so pissed, there's nothing easy to dismiss there.

I still have time for Henry. There isn't anything I can point to where I know for certain he doesn't feel that way. But Ian Wright has jumped out the window with this one and I've got a lot of respect for Wright. You have his opinion on Wenger in print and camera so I just don't get where this has come from. He was one of the first to be critical of Wenger and many Arsenal fans were going at him. He may need to explain himself. I don't like seeing ex legends involved with this. Slowly breaking down the club piece by piece. Fans split, legends losing stock....I mean seriously. I hope this is Wenger's last season. Too many rifts being caused.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-03-2016, 08:56 PM
The quotes I am reading from Wright, not sure what the issue is because it seems to me he is looking at it from a player's perspective, after a match, after a win. Not sure he even addresses whether he thinks Wenger should go or not directly.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2016, 10:23 PM
The quotes I am reading from Wright, not sure what the issue is because it seems to me he is looking at it from a player's perspective, after a match, after a win. Not sure he even addresses whether he thinks Wenger should go or not directly.

Even so, the player's have little right to complain about or feel aggrieved about anything the fans say considering the shit that has been served up on the pitch this season. Wright is in a privileged position, earned but privileged nonetheless. He's on the inside looking out, it's the other way around for the fans. Plus he's a mug for getting involved at all. Does he really think he can win against fans that have nothing to lose? If you are going to live in a bubble then don't pop the bubble.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Wrighty has suggested Wenger should go before....he's just taken a back step and exercised a little more discretion lately but I am pretty unmoved by his or any other closely connected with the club individual's views.

Munchies
10-03-2016, 12:17 AM

He never gives an answer on it because he's sitting on the fence, waiting to see which option will benefit him more

He got asked point blank on the Fletch/Sav show before the NLD and couldn't answer it

McNamara That Ghost...
10-03-2016, 07:29 AM
Even so, the player's have little right to complain about or feel aggrieved about anything the fans say considering the shit that has been served up on the pitch this season. Wright is in a privileged position, earned but privileged nonetheless. He's on the inside looking out, it's the other way around for the fans. Plus he's a mug for getting involved at all. Does he really think he can win against fans that have nothing to lose? If you are going to live in a bubble then don't pop the bubble.

As you indicate, you're seeing it from a supporter's perspective, I'm not saying that isn't justified but the two would see it in different way.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-03-2016, 07:30 AM
He never gives an answer on it because he's sitting on the fence, waiting to see which option will benefit him more

He got asked point blank on the Fletch/Sav show before the NLD and couldn't answer it

Maybe he's conflicted.

Power n Glory
10-03-2016, 07:46 AM
Maybe he's conflicted.

I've got time for Wright. He might be conflicted but it makes little sense going after a fan that's gone through the motions and has had enough of the same cycle like most of us. It's an obvious message to Wenger and he's not having a dig at the players so I don't get his beef. He sounds like he doesn't understand why the banner is up because he speaks of us still being in the title and that's irrelevant. It's not just about silverware and I think some misjudge how some fans feel. A good run of results or a trophies at the end of the season won't wipe the slate clean. If Wright doesn't understand that he should stay out of it.

Niall_Quinn
10-03-2016, 08:50 AM
I've got time for Wright. He might be conflicted but it makes little sense going after a fan that's gone through the motions and has had enough of the same cycle like most of us. It's an obvious message to Wenger and he's not having a dig at the players so I don't get his beef. He sounds like he doesn't understand why the banner is up because he speaks of us still being in the title and that's irrelevant. It's not just about silverware and I think some misjudge how some fans feel. A good run of results or a trophies at the end of the season won't wipe the slate clean. If Wright doesn't understand that he should stay out of it.

He does understand it, of course he does. But like anyone defending Wenger he's wilfully blind. Everyone knows Wenger's faults by now, it's a fairly long list that has been discussed many times in many places by many people. "We are still in the title", is code for, "I'm ignoring that list".

Niall_Quinn
10-03-2016, 08:54 AM
As you indicate, you're seeing it from a supporter's perspective, I'm not saying that isn't justified but the two would see it in different way.

Yes, he's a beneficiary, we are donors. Wright is perfectly entitled to an opinion but does he have to lace that opinion with an insult? A bit of gratitude would go further and yet it seems to be the major beneficiaries who feel the gratitude should be coming in their direction. Saint Arsene, we thank you for the gifts you have bestowed. Hallowed be your name and fuck any cunt who says otherwise.

Niall_Quinn
10-03-2016, 09:10 AM
This guy :doh:

It shows that for some fans we are Arsene FC, all about one man. Win, lose, draw, right, wrong, deliver, don't deliver - Arsene stays. And that's their definition of loyalty - blind faith. What kind of culture is that in a competitive sporting environment and what message does it pass on to the players who are supposed to be striving for the top? The real battle is with fans like this. Voluntary human shields, unconditional disciples. They have forgotten the whole point of this game and replaced it with some bizarre, religious worship of a French bloke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuXiSqYbdtI

GP
10-03-2016, 09:38 AM
I don't know who you're trying to convince.

Letters
10-03-2016, 09:43 AM
I probably should stop 'blacking up', tbh.

Niall_Quinn
10-03-2016, 09:53 AM
I don't know who you're trying to convince.

The thousands of fans who are silently riveted to this forum. I see them every day, literally trawling every post, even the ones going back to 2013. They can't seem to get enough.

Niall_Quinn
10-03-2016, 09:54 AM
I probably should stop 'blacking up', tbh.

And cut out the rap "music" while you are at it.

Letters
10-03-2016, 10:08 AM
There are always going to be people with more extreme views. Most people agree Wenger needs to move on now.
What to do about that is debatable, IMO the banner was quite respectful (unlike most of the posts on here).
IMO we'll only see 'regime change' if the source of money is cut off, and that's us.

Power n Glory
10-03-2016, 10:13 AM
There are always going to be people with more extreme views. Most people agree Wenger needs to move on now.
What to do about that is debatable, IMO the banner was quite respectful (unlike most of the posts on here).
IMO we'll only see 'regime change' if the source of money is cut off, and that's us.

True. It's the best way because right now everyone is focusing on the banner and not the manager.

Niall_Quinn
10-03-2016, 10:30 AM
True. It's the best way because right now everyone is focusing on the banner and not the manager.

That's my point. It shows there is still a large number of fans who instinctively support the manager, no matter what. A banner goes up and the automatic reaction is - disrespectful! Not the words (which plainly are not disrespectful) but the very idea of questioning Wenger. They should really have said sinful, because this has become a cult. They jump straight to condemnation without considering anything in-between. None of the reasoning is taken into account. That's cult-like behaviour. Even Wright went straight into condemn mode without thought - he complained about disrespect by being disrespectful. Well done Wrighty :doh:

How are you going to cut the money off when so many can't even see there's a problem and object furiously when people try to advise them otherwise? If they can't see it following our lame efforts this season then you have to conclude they'll never see it. They will always just turn up and hand their cash over. That's their right. But it makes it impossible to imagine any sort of effective cash based protest.

Letters
10-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Who are "they"? I haven't seen a single person on here express views anything like those of Ty.
Are there that many who feel that way? That Wenger is unquestionable?
I know you like to paint me in that light, but you know that isn't true.

Power n Glory
10-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Who are "they"? I haven't seen a single person on here express views anything like those of Ty.

Twitter.

Özim
10-03-2016, 10:43 AM
This guy :doh:

It shows that for some fans we are Arsene FC, all about one man. Win, lose, draw, right, wrong, deliver, don't deliver - Arsene stays. And that's their definition of loyalty - blind faith. What kind of culture is that in a competitive sporting environment and what message does it pass on to the players who are supposed to be striving for the top? The real battle is with fans like this. Voluntary human shields, unconditional disciples. They have forgotten the whole point of this game and replaced it with some bizarre, religious worship of a French bloke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuXiSqYbdtI

Direspectful....what the man has done......we live the dream :blah:

This guy is like a broken record, he's not an Arsenal fan he's a Arsene Wenger fan, doesn't matter what happens he'll think Wenger should stay on.

I really think he's been brainwashed over the years, there's nothing disrespectful about the banner, it wasn't insulting, it was thanking him but just saying it's time for a change.

This guy talks about Ferguson and Mourinho being arrogant and yet doesn't see the arrogance in Wenger, his comment about his job the other day was pure arrogance, as is the you haven't managed or made 20,000 substitutions comments.

If he won stuff regularly you could understand the arrogance and to some extent accept it, you can't when you barely win a thing in over a decade though.

Niall_Quinn
10-03-2016, 10:47 AM

I'm not even talking about you. This is like your post yesterday - poor you.

This forum has, what, 20 active posters? 10 of them are probably the same bloke. I'm talking about absolute mega twats like Ty, and people are saying he's the extreme but get out there and take a look around, he's not.

Özim
10-03-2016, 10:50 AM

They clearly exist in numbers, there's that Moh guy as well and that's just two from a dozen, there's probably loads more as well. Some fans just follow Wenger blindly and cannot imagine a time without him, he's become more important than the club to these people which is an odd thing.

A manager should never be in the position Wenger is in to be honest, judge a man on his results not his past, footballers are, if they score 50 goals for a couple seasons and then don't score many for a couple they are discarded and past it, yet our manager for some reason can carry on regardless odd.

Letters
10-03-2016, 10:52 AM
No, not poor me. It wasn't about that. Poor GW. It's a shame that the level of debate on here is reduced to who hates Wenger the most and God forbid anyone express any other opinion.

GP
10-03-2016, 10:56 AM

It's almost as if he's expressing an overly optimistic point of view purely to provoke debate...

Letters
10-03-2016, 10:58 AM
They clearly exist in numbers, there's that Moh guy as well and that's just two from a dozen, there's probably loads more as well. Some fans just follow Wenger blindly and cannot imagine a time without him, he's become more important than the club to these people which is an odd thing.

A manager should never be in the position Wenger is in to be honest, judge a man on his results not his past, footballers are, if they score 50 goals for a couple seasons and then don't score many for a couple they are discarded and past it, yet our manager for some reason can carry on regardless odd.

When you say it's clear they exist in numbers, what are you basing that on?
The fact that the ground is filled? I'm not sure that's much of a basis. Most people in the ground are season ticket holders. Last season we finished 3rd and retained the FA Cup, many people will have renewed on that basis hoping we would push on. I don't go to games so I can't judge the mood in the ground but the fact that people are still going along to games they've already paid for is not much of a basis to think that Ty's views are widespread.

Letters
10-03-2016, 10:59 AM
It's almost as if he's expressing an overly optimistic point of view purely to provoke debate...
I don't think he's just doing that, I think he's just a simpleton. But I don't think his views are widespread amongst Arsenal fans.

Özim
10-03-2016, 11:00 AM
When you say it's clear they exist in numbers, what are you basing that on?
The fact that the ground is filled? I'm not sure that's much of a basis. Most people in the ground are season ticket holders. Last season we finished 3rd and retained the FA Cup, many people will have renewed on that basis hoping we would push on. I don't go to games so I can't judge the mood in the ground but the fact that people are still going along to games they've already paid for is not much of a basis to think that Ty's views are widespread.

I think yes that's part of it and the fact that if they don't turn up others will, the other thing is the level of discontent is subdued to say the least, just look at Liverpool fans for example when things aren't to their liking, they let their feelings be known, there's very little of that here.

Niall_Quinn
10-03-2016, 11:09 AM
No, not poor me. It wasn't about that. Poor GW. It's a shame that the level of debate on here is reduced to who hates Wenger the most and God forbid anyone express any other opinion.

You'll find a million words on here related to tactics, individual players, other teams, Internationals, TV, theatre, so no idea where you get the idea it's all about Wenger. And if you really believe what you are saying then why go into the general forum and start taking the piss out of people? Doesn't that just feed what you claim to dislike?

Munchies
10-03-2016, 11:19 AM
That Moh melt seems so interested in getting his name out there

Talks alot of shit

The DT banner guy/Claude talk sense at times

Letters
10-03-2016, 11:21 AM
I think yes that's part of it and the fact that if they don't turn up others will, the other thing is the level of discontent is subdued to say the least, just look at Liverpool fans for example when things aren't to their liking, they let their feelings be known, there's very little of that here.

Last season we finished 3rd and retained the FA Cup.
This season after 26 games despite some wobbles we were only 2 points off the top, admittedly at the expense of Leicester, but still. It's hardly cause for rioting in the streets.
After another collapse even I am coming round to the view that Wenger isn't the right man to push us on but the last couple of years haven't been an abject failure and generally our home record has been good so it will take a while before the mood in the ground turns sour.

Munchies
10-03-2016, 11:45 AM
It's an abject failure when the same areas in the squad keep letting us down year in year out

Kano
10-03-2016, 11:55 AM

Pool fans let their feelings known, then turn up again for the next match. Most of the crowd stayed in the stadium during that walkout. This sort of brand loyalty isn't like refusing to shop in Tescos anymore.

Marc Overmars
10-03-2016, 12:00 PM
That Moh melt seems so interested in getting his name out there

Talks alot of shit

The DT banner guy/Claude talk sense at times

I went to the same school as Moh. :lol:

He was a few years above me, used to sometimes play football against him and his mates during breaks.

Letters
10-03-2016, 12:05 PM
It's an abject failure when the same areas in the squad keep letting us down year in year out

They let us down at the start of last year and by the time they got going it was too late to mount a proper challenge. But the end of the season and the retention of the Cup earned Wenger one last try IMO. Till recently we've been in the race but now we've fallen away and that's why he should go. He's had a few years with the new money now and not pushed us on and this season in particular the title was there for the taking.
So yeah, he should go but it's hardly time for pitchforks and rioting

Niall_Quinn
10-03-2016, 12:36 PM
And if he chooses to stay?

Letters
10-03-2016, 12:42 PM
There will be a LOT of tutting. A LOT, I tell you.

adzzzbatch
10-03-2016, 12:44 PM
and rolling of eyes!

Letters
10-03-2016, 12:49 PM
I might even stop wearing my Arsenal shirt.

Obviously I'll buy a new one, it's getting a bit tatty anyway tbh.

That'll show 'em! Vive la Revolution!

Niall_Quinn
10-03-2016, 12:55 PM
There will be a LOT of tutting. A LOT, I tell you.

That's about right. Most of the fans will just take it up the arse without a whimper. At least some fans are picking up the responsibilities the owners and directors have shoved to one side in their endless pursuit of profit.

The situation is we have a manager who is incapable of moving the club on regardless of the circumstances. No money, tons of money, dopers, no dopers, he fails in every environment. Any club with the slightest hint of ambition would be hunting high and low for a replacement by now. But our lot have rolled out a chair for life and left it up to the manager to decide when he will leave, regardless of his job performance. Disgraceful, a complete piss take. Only at Arsenal would you find a fan base so equally complacent. Which is not to say they aren't entitled to their losing aspirations, each pays their money and each makes their choice. It's a shame though. It was maybe tolerable when we were playing decent football, well not really because it's never tolerable to be a willing loser. But the decent football was a welcome distraction. Now we don't even have that. It's frustrating to see what is supposed to be an escape from shitty normality become shitty normality, the whole point of sport is lost in the process. The amount of people who don't get this amazes me. What are they involved in sport for? The half-time pie? A chance to appear on Arsenal Fan TV? Do they have so much cash they don't know what to do with it and Arsenal is the most efficient means of disposal? Quite the mystery.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-03-2016, 07:45 AM
Yes, he's a beneficiary, we are donors. Wright is perfectly entitled to an opinion but does he have to lace that opinion with an insult? A bit of gratitude would go further and yet it seems to be the major beneficiaries who feel the gratitude should be coming in their direction. Saint Arsene, we thank you for the gifts you have bestowed. Hallowed be your name and fuck any cunt who says otherwise.

He insulted the banner guy on Twitter but on TV he just said he was disappointed didn't he? If that is classed as an insult I think perhaps some are being a bit oversensitive.

You can pull out a strawman if you wish but it doesn't really hold much sway.

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2016, 09:09 AM
He insulted the banner guy on Twitter but on TV he just said he was disappointed didn't he? If that is classed as an insult I think perhaps some are being a bit oversensitive.

You can pull out a strawman if you wish but it doesn't really hold much sway.

Don't know what he said on TV but his snap reaction online just showed a guy who hadn't thought things through. Doubt the insult itself is a big deal, sticks and stones and all that. It's the idea that Arsenal's biggest fan can't understand the fans. Or won't pause to even try.