PDA

View Full Version : Alex Owobi

selassie
09-03-2016, 08:27 AM
I really rate this lad, he put in another good performance last night. He seems to have a lot of good qualities, technically he's very good, can pass, dribble, shoot, is very good on the ball and is a good decision maker. Think he's definitely going to make it here and would like to see more of him in the first team in PL.

IBK
09-03-2016, 09:16 AM
I really rate this lad, he put in another good performance last night. He seems to have a lot of good qualities, technically he's very good, can pass, dribble, shoot, is very good on the ball and is a good decision maker. Think he's definitely going to make it here and would like to see more of him in the first team in PL.

He looks promising and also fresh - doesn't seem on what we have seen so far to be affected by the malaise that has affected some of our other creative players (tiredness?). Looking forward to seeing him on Sunday, as I think he'll play.

Marc Overmars
09-03-2016, 09:33 AM
He looks like most Arsenal youngsters when they come into the first team; unpredictable and vibrant. Give him a few years and he'll become just another cog in this naff system.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2016, 09:48 AM
He looks like most Arsenal youngsters when they come into the first team; unpredictable and vibrant. Give him a few years and he'll become just another cog in this naff system.

Unfortunately, true. Unless the manager is changed or unless the manager releases his grip and gets some coaches in to cure the Wengeritis.

GP
09-03-2016, 09:48 AM
I'm not against giving young players some game time.

Jon Toral is another one I like the look of.

Kano
09-03-2016, 10:00 AM
I think he'll play on Sunday too and he looks like an exciting talent so far. Definitely keep him in the middle as he drives the team forward, isn't afraid to go at the heart of the defence and certainly has a pass on him too.

Power n Glory
09-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Yet to see the passing you mention, Kano. But seen plenty examples of good control and dribbling. First half was a struggle for the attackers but much better once the first goal went in.

Penguin
09-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Love his composure, and willingness to carry the ball instead of passing it off too quickly like some of our other players do (or have been taught to do...). He's also picks the right pass andoption most of the time which is a good sign for someone his age.

He's got talent, I'm looking forward to watching him grow.

mastermind84
10-03-2016, 02:15 PM
dont know an Owobi, but Iwobi is the future of Arsenal Football Club along with Ainsley Maintland-Niles.

Iwobi is the most intelligent young British-schooled attacker I have seen in a long time. Honestly, he already is one of most intelligent attackers He sorta plays like Ozil/Hleb bybrid too. Not as good, but his smoothness on the ball, appreciation of space, weight on his passes.

He needs more experience but we have not seen a youngster get ingrained in Wengerball so fast.