PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction - Arsenal 1-2 Watford - Wenger Out

Pages : [1] 2

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Out. Just go.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-03-2016, 03:31 PM
Can't wait till 2017 when we put in our "calender year" title winning form.

Xhaka Can’t
13-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Season over.

Kano
13-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Tom Cruise out!

Gubby Allen
Chambers, Gabriel, Mertesacker and Ozil really were crap and Walcott did nothing when he come on. The rest were various forms of mediocre. Campbell and Giroud should have stayed on, the other two subs did ok.

Letters
:lol:

:ilt:

For the last 5 minutes they actually bothered. One has to wonder why it didn't occur to them to do that earlier, the overpaid twats.

fakeyank
13-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Someone give Wenger a new contract.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Season over.

Still St Totteringham's Day. Yes, our move to the Emirates has made us that small, but I'll take it.

Surely he can't fuck up St Totteringham's Day? Not even he would risk that.

Surely.

I hope.

I mean he won't will he?

We have to win that FFS!

topgun
13-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Sick of this crap every season,time for the fans to get this club back where it belongs.

Niall_Quinn
Someone give Wenger a new contract.

He'll give himself a new contract when he chooses to, but meanwhile thank you for your interest in his affairs.

Power n Glory
Defenders were bad. Nothing from the fullbacks. Giroud really is dog shit. We saw the best and worst of Welbeck. Great goal but unbelievable miss. Best and worst of Ozil. Lazy moment on that 2nd goal. Sanchez....shit.

Never should have taken off Elneny and Campbell. Giroud and Sanchez should have hit the bench.

The Emirates Gallactico
Instead of Henry working with the U17's or whatever he's doing now, perhaps the club could actually use him to teach our overpaid twats how to finish off chances.

Fucking idiots couldn't hit a barndoor from two yards out.

Master Splinter
Welbz's odd moments of composure aside, we have looked completely petrified in front of goal since December. It's a serious problem which unsettles an already jittery, fragile team.

Elneny is about the only positive.

fakeyank
13-03-2016, 03:37 PM
overpaid twat

Yup, AW in a nutshell.

Gubby Allen
13-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Season over.

We will lose a couple more matches yet as fourth looks reasonably secure with the Manchester sides not winning and playing each other. If we win, we run the risk of finishing third, so we will wait until winning the last two or three games to make sure it is fourth.

Power n Glory
13-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Welbz's odd moments of composure aside, we have looked completely petrified in front of goal since December. It's a serious problem which unsettles an already jittery, fragile team.

I thought Campbell played really well on the right. But agree on Elneny. Welbeck's goal is an example of what we can't do with Giroud. Ozil couldn't find him all game. He hangs on the edge of the box but can't do anything in tight spaces. Useless.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2016, 03:42 PM
We are basically on a par with Villa now in our inability to win at home.

It is a mess.

hobson's choice
13-03-2016, 03:42 PM
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

KSE Comedy Club
13-03-2016, 03:43 PM
No one could have predicted this result.

He's not god you know!

AFC Leveller
13-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Lets not overreact after one bad result, we have been in the champions league for 20 years and have shown remarkable consistency.

KSE Comedy Club
13-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Also, look at the great spirit and mental strength we showed in the last 5 mins

Gubby Allen
13-03-2016, 03:44 PM

They have been worried about wasting unnecessary effort and energy qualifying for the Champions League next season by finishing in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 03:46 PM
Imagine if you played chess the same way every time. Regardless of you opponent's moves, you always made the same moves. Unless you were forced, kicking and screaming, into breaking the pattern, say if you were in check for example. Same moves. Whether you are playing Kasparov or the bloke down the chip shop. Nothing ever changing.

That's our zonal defensive system. That's how it is done.

And that's our possession play.

Never changes, always constant, doesn't matter what the opponent or circumstances are.

Doesn't even matter if Theo has a secret meeting. And boy, that meeting sure worked for him, didn't it? Did you see him when he came on? Precisely.

ANY manager - Simeone, Bilic, Coyle, McClaren, would instantly make us better. Not saying they could take us on to titles, but they could get the very basics of football right. The bloke we have in charge can't do that. He's locked in a fantasy world and doesn't have a clue what's going on outside it.

Beaten in the last realistic competition, at home, by Watford. Dopers! Banners! Fans! Make your excuses.

Not even on the same planet as Barca, so a few days to go before we are out of the CL.

8 points behind... Leicester City. And it will be more than that by the time this season winds down.

In what universe is this acceptable, with all the resources at the disposal of this manager? What strange parallel universe does our board inhabit that compels them to keep this guy, with him almost spotless record of failure, in his seat? What do they think is going to happen next? 10 huge season long clues, hmm, what will happen next?

So they WANT this. That's the only explanation.

In which case they can all fuck off too.

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 03:46 PM
I didn't think we could sink any lower, but here we are.

I'm really not sure about renewing the memberships in the summer.

Globalgunner
13-03-2016, 03:47 PM
I thought Campbell played really well on the right. But agree on Elneny. Welbeck's goal is an example of what we can't do with Giroud. Ozil couldn't find him all game. He hangs on the edge of the box but can't do anything in tight spaces. Useless.

You can see the French Courts and FFA trying their utmost to get Benzema back in the team despite his indiscretions. Who the fk wants a pretty boy who can only foam up his hair and cant score a goal unless some bimbo in a hotel is involved.

BTW. hate to say I told you guys so but some of us did more than 5 years ago. Hopefully this week will see the final nails put in this vampires coffin
He has sucked the life out of this club and manages to coach all talent out of good players and flatline the heartbeat of the not so talented ones. He is slow death to Arsenal.

Munchies
13-03-2016, 03:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdcGfiXXIAEQpCi.jpg

See you again. One day.

:(

Ernesto
13-03-2016, 03:49 PM

:ilt:

For the last 5 minutes they actually bothered. One has to wonder why it didn't occur to them to do that earlier, the overpaid twats.

You know, there are 20 odd minutes left to grab 2 goals against a mid table Premiership side. Our defenders are passing the ball to one another. I mean what the flying f***?!

We can't cope in our own league if we're going to play tippy tappy and if we're not going to bother to win aerial challenges.

I'm really upset right now.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "Our fantastic run has come to an end on a day where we felt that our performance deserved a win. Credit to Watford, they created few chances but took them all. It's sad because we gave everything.

"The players don't miss on purpose. You have to be realistic. Of course on the first goal, we made a mistake. It was not possible medically to have started Welbeck.

"It is very difficult against Barcelona, but we have to see it as a challenge and try to make the impossible possible."

We gave everything? Fuck me it's worse than I thought.

Also, Welbeck couldn't start for medical reasons - was that a note from his mum or would he have collapsed if he started?

fakeyank
13-03-2016, 03:50 PM
You can see the French Courts and FFA trying their utmost to get Benzema back in the team despite his indiscretions. Who the fk wants a pretty boy who can only foam up his hair and cant score a goal unless some bimbo in a hotel is involved.

BTW. hate to say I told you guys so but some of us did more than 5 years ago. Hopefully this week will see the final nails put in this vampires coffin
He has sucked the loife out of this club and manages to coach all talent out of good players and flatline the heartbeat of the not so talented ones. He is slow death to Arsenal.

Big shoutout to the real negros who wanted this clown out back in the day :bow:

Munchies
13-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Arsenal's lose 3 consecutive home games for the first time since 2002:

1-2 v Watford
1-2 v Swansea
0-2 v Barcelona

McNamara That Ghost...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdcGfiXXIAEQpCi.jpg

See you again. One day.

:(

The FA Cup has lost us tbf.

:unsure:

Niall_Quinn

Also, Welbeck couldn't start for medical reasons - was that a note from his mum or would he have collapsed if he started?

I think Arsene was talking about his own medical reasons, he has quite a serious condition as well you know.

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 03:52 PM
"We felt our performance deserved to win"

What the actual fuck!? He's really taking the fucking piss out of the fans!

"You have to be realistic"

Seriously! Fucking cunt you and your players can fuck right off.

Master Splinter
13-03-2016, 03:54 PM
WENG

CUNT

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 03:54 PM

We will keep fighting until the final excuse, and I must say, the fans must get behind the team (where the opposition strikers mainly are) and do their part.

Munchies
13-03-2016, 03:55 PM
last time we went out of the fa cup

we didnt win it again for 9 years :(

fakeyank
13-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Wengers quote.. not kidding

"We want to make the impossible possible in Barcelona. It's important we go there with a strong side and fight."

topgun
13-03-2016, 03:56 PM
"We felt our performance deserved to win"

What the actual fuck!? He's really taking the fucking piss out of the fans!

"You have to be realistic"

Seriously! Fucking cunt you and your players can fuck right off.

Its official the guy is f-----g deluded.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2016, 03:56 PM
From the Arsenal Twitter feed:

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 1m1 minute ago
Boss: "We did not make our possession in the final third count but we have shown that we can respond to disappointment."

Yes we respond to it with further disappointment.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2016, 03:57 PM
last time we went out of the fa cup

we didnt win it again for 9 years :(

Surely last time we went out of the FA Cup we won it two seasons running after? :unsure:

adzzzbatch

"We want to make the impossible possible in Barcelona. It's important we go there with a strong side and fight."

If we can't do it at home against Watford, there's no way we can go away to Barcelona and do it there.

Kano
WENG

CUNT

Sorry, pardon? Speak up ffs.

Niall_Quinn

This is consistency. And if you treat yourself to some great spirits you will not even notice.

Globalgunner
13-03-2016, 03:58 PM

To that end we will probably start with Giroud and Walcott up front. Lots of goals in them 2.

KSE Comedy Club
Imagine if you played chess the same way every time. Regardless of you opponent's moves, you always made the same moves. Unless you were forced, kicking and screaming, into breaking the pattern, say if you were in check for example. Same moves. Whether you are playing Kasparov or the bloke down the chip shop. Nothing ever changing.

That's our zonal defensive system. That's how it is done.

And that's our possession play.

Never changes, always constant, doesn't matter what the opponent or circumstances are.

Doesn't even matter if Theo has a secret meeting. And boy, that meeting sure worked for him, didn't it? Did you see him when he came on? Precisely.

ANY manager - Simeone, Bilic, Coyle, McClaren, would instantly make us better. Not saying they could take us on to titles, but they could get the very basics of football right. The bloke we have in charge can't do that. He's locked in a fantasy world and doesn't have a clue what's going on outside it.

Beaten in the last realistic competition, at home, by Watford. Dopers! Banners! Fans! Make your excuses.

Not even on the same planet as Barca, so a few days to go before we are out of the CL.

8 points behind... Leicester City. And it will be more than that by the time this season winds down.

In what universe is this acceptable, with all the resources at the disposal of this manager? What strange parallel universe does our board inhabit that compels them to keep this guy, with him almost spotless record of failure, in his seat? What do they think is going to happen next? 10 huge season long clues, hmm, what will happen next?

So they WANT this. That's the only explanation.

In which case they can all fuck off too.
We don't have time to listen to the opinions of a few silly fans.

Have you made 20,000 substitutions??

McNamara That Ghost...
This is consistency. And if you treat yourself to some great spirits you will not even notice.

Whiskey. :bow:

Kano
13-03-2016, 03:59 PM
If we can't do it at home against Watford, there's no way we can go away to Barcelona and do it there.
They only scored 6 in their last game.

They're falling to pieces week by week.

Master Splinter
Sorry, pardon? Speak up ffs.

£8

MILLION

Xhaka Can’t

I'm only renewing to keep my 'Silver' status.

If I was 'Red', I wouldn't bother.

Kano
13-03-2016, 04:00 PM
£8

MILLION

Now I'm really angry

Munchies
13-03-2016, 04:00 PM
Surely last time we went out of the FA Cup we won it two seasons running after? :unsure:

i meant as holders lol

--

We did not make our possession in the final third count but we have shown that we can respond to disappointment."

YOu're a DISAPPOINTMENT

FUCK OFF FROM MY CLUB U CUNT

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 04:02 PM
I'm only renewing to keep my 'Silver' status.

If I was 'Red', I wouldn't bother.

Got one of each. Really not sure about what to do with them atm.

Power n Glory
13-03-2016, 04:02 PM

What an idiot. What response? We looked better in possession for once but it goes back to bad defending and being poor in the final third. Giroud, Gabriel and Sanchez still look terrible.

The players that are responding and look fresh aren't getting a look in. Campbell, Elneny and Welbeck are the players that look decent but aren't getting enough game time.

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 04:03 PM
Apparently they're fighting where they record Arsenal Fan TV, actually fighting! WTF!

That shit needs to be stopped.

Marc Overmars
13-03-2016, 04:04 PM
Same old dull and unimaginative rubbish. We shit ourselves everytime we get to the final third, this team has completely lost its testicles. The little rally at the end was far too little, too late.

What a shocking collapse. Fuck off Wenger.

Xhaka Can’t

Maybe little bit surprise.

Master Splinter
Now I'm really angry

Wait until Piers Morgan or some Youtube personality's opinion has validated your ANGER before you release your e-WRATH.

Power n Glory
13-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Apparently they're fighting where they record Arsenal Fan TV, actually fighting! WTF!

Claude's probably headbutting the shit out of Ty. :lol:

Wenger has to go. Causing serious issues.

fakeyank
13-03-2016, 04:06 PM

Claude mustve had a heart attack :haha:

Xhaka Can’t
13-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Got one of each. Really not sure about what to do with them atm.

Get rid of the Red - keep the Silver for when Wenger is gone.

Don't let him drive you out.

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Same old dull and unimaginative rubbish. We shit ourselves everytime we get to the final third, this team has completely lost its testicles. The little rally at the end was far too little, too late.

What a shocking collapse. Fuck off Wenger.

You could see Watford grow in confidence after whenever we'd got forward and shat ourselves. Them seemed to be more assured in attack knowing that if their moves broke down and we went forward again that we'd make no advantage of it and they were right!

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 04:07 PM
What an idiot. What response? We looked better in possession for once but it goes back to bad defending and being poor in the final third. Giroud, Gabriel and Sanchez still look terrible.

The players that are responding and look fresh aren't getting a look in. Campbell, Elneny and Welbeck are the players that look decent but aren't getting enough game time.

Tip of the iceberg as far as idiocy goes. It's only going to get worse, the sanity levels are going to plunge to new depths. 2 more seasons, at least, to go before he goes. So I think I'm going to start looking at this from the comedy angle. Stewart Lee's new season on BBC is pretty good and that, coupled with Wenger's antics, is a solid weekly diet of belly laughs and stitches. If you look at it from a comedy angle we are spoiled at this club, and a little ungrateful. Maybe this is what Wenger has been trying to say all along. Maybe that's why we still have Theo in the team.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2016, 04:08 PM
I find this predicament as funny as Stewart Lee tbf. And then I made a face.

fakeyank
13-03-2016, 04:09 PM

:gp:

Yes, keep the silver. You never know when one of your friends might need a ticket ;)

Kano
13-03-2016, 04:10 PM

If retards are so desperate to win an argument over football that they have to fight about it, tell everyone to fuck off and call them cunts, then hopefully they club each other to death.

Xhaka Can’t
13-03-2016, 04:10 PM

Yes, keep the silver. You never know when one of your friends might need a ticket ;)

:lol: I was going to post about you needing the ticket.

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 04:11 PM

Probably the right option. I'm just sick of it, we as fans give everything in support of this club, yet they just seem to mug us off.

Xhaka Can’t
If retards are so desperate to win an argument over football that they have to fight about it, call everyone to fuck off and call then cunts, then hopefully they club each other to death.

Come on over to facebook and say that. :threaten:

Marc Overmars
You could see Watford grow in confidence after whenever we'd got forward and shat ourselves. Them seemed to be more assured in attack knowing that if their moves broke down and we went forward again that we'd make no advantage of it and they were right!

It was probably their easiest away win of the season.

Our season is well and truly in the gutter.

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 04:12 PM

:angry: I like Stewart Lee and find him very funny :lol:

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 04:12 PM

I'm picturing Wenger doing a stand up Cambellophobia routine. So many places he can still go in his remaining time here. He's already peerless when it comes to taking the piss out of the fans, but I don't feel we have seen his best work yet. The next two seasons hold so much promise.

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 04:13 PM

Munchies
13-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Walking past AFTV and they're all fucking fighting. Physically fighting. Everyone standing around cheering it on. Fucking embarrassment !
https://twitter.com/laurenx_afc/status/709043441829855233

Nearly 1000 shares already hahahahaha

:haha:

Xhaka Can’t
13-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Walking past AFTV and they're all fucking fighting. Physically fighting. Everyone standing around cheering it on. Fucking embarrassment !
https://twitter.com/laurenx_afc/status/709043441829855233

Nearly 1000 shares already hahahahaha

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdcJGoxW0AAjYsr.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Bastille Day II.

Kano
13-03-2016, 04:19 PM
Come on over to facebook and say that. :threaten:
Too busy winning all the internets on Twatter

#cunt10yearsfuckoffanddie

Xhaka Can’t
Rumble after the bungle.

Niall_Quinn
Glad to see the fans doing their bit. You need decent audience participation or the show can end up flat no matter how hilarious it is. And when all of this is done I'm certain football will be laughing with us, rather than at us.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Hope someone's got video of this fight.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2016, 04:25 PM
We're going to need another meeting.

Power n Glory
13-03-2016, 04:28 PM

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/arsenal-fans-fight-each-other-following-fa-cup-exit-to-watford-video/

It might be bullshit. Looks like something minor.

Munchies
13-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Fight vids are starting to appear

probably the start https://twitter.com/YoannArsenal/status/709052707257118721?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
13-03-2016, 04:31 PM
Yeah looks like some handbags. Nothing major.

Still pretty embarassing though. How about directing their anger at the team and manager instead of at each other. I'd be up for pelting the team bus at the next game with tomatoes, Italian Ultra style.

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 04:32 PM
It looks like everything done at Arsenal is half-arsed.

Munchies
13-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Was hoping there would be more ffs

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2016, 04:37 PM

Yes it's the possible that we make impossible.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Yeah looks like some handbags. Nothing major.

Still pretty embarassing though. How about directing their anger at the team and manager instead of at each other. I'd be up for pelting the team bus at the next game with tomatoes, Italian Ultra style.

Players getting plenty of shit.
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1gqxvPYkmVRGB

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 04:40 PM

Sounds like it was one bloke jumping up and down shouting a bit, and somebody else shouting, "Leave it, leave it, leave it."

No real penetration and didn't hit the target despite a lot of huffing and puffing.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 04:41 PM
We're going to need another meeting.

It could get to the stage where we need a meeting before every game. And for me, planning and tactics should not be entirely ruled out.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2016, 04:42 PM

Cripps is very angry.

Xhaka Can’t
13-03-2016, 04:45 PM

Real shit or Jack Wilshere's 'good shit'?

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Real shit or Jack Wilshere's 'good shit'?

One player got what might be described as negative chants, but then Ozil drove out and everyone got distracted by his car. Apparently it is well cool blud.

Munchies
13-03-2016, 04:50 PM
That posh ginger cunt is still defending Wenger on that stream thing :lol:

Özim
13-03-2016, 04:57 PM
Awful result by the bottlers, Bambi's miss was a shocker, has scored a few goals but he's sh*t, not as sh*t as the other strikers admittedly, but still sh*t.

Well the season collapse is almost complete, no doubt some planks will still support Wenger despite him doing nothing right, see you all this time next year to discuss the same nonsense we see.

Wenger should have got the boot years ago,the fact he didn't had led us to this, was a sad state of affairs.

Özim
13-03-2016, 04:59 PM
That posh ginger cunt is still defending Wenger on that stream thing :lol:

Him and Ty are quite a pair.

Munchies
13-03-2016, 05:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msa24ODB7h8

'Look errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' :haha:

Marc Overmars
13-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Someone should have a word with Giroud, he's really embarrassing himself and not just from his awful play. The amount of time he spends wrestling with his marker is pathetic, then when he comes off 2nd best all the bitching and moaning is cringe worthy. How about making some runs you big fucking girls blouse.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-03-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm not even angry anymore, it's as much the players fault as it is Wengers....they have this individual team meeting away from the Arsenal management and they still play like muppets.

He's not a cunt, he's just been allowed to go on his own sweet way by the board for too long. I don't believe for a second he doesn't care about winning big trophies, he's too stubborn to accept that he can't do it.

Marc Overmars
13-03-2016, 05:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msa24ODB7h8

'Look errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' :haha:

Decent performance. :lol:

We turned up for about 5 minutes FFS. Just do one!

gunnerrrrr
13-03-2016, 05:06 PM
His whole football philosophy and style is fucking dated....Wenger please just go....really just go

IBK
13-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Just got back in from the match. F*cked up match. F*cked up journey back. On the few occasions when I bother going to the Emirates these days its even more obvious how clueless our team is. No heart; no fight; no tempo; no structure; no tactics; no plan; no forwards momentum; no bodies in the box; no defence; no clue! LVG is being pilloried for having no discernable game plan. Can somebody tell me how Arsenal is any f*cking different. Every man and his dog has worked out exactly how to play us, and yet our manager has no answers at all. Why in God's name can other teams score with every chance they have yet we can't even get anywhere near a goal unless the opposition allows us to walk the ball into the net. The mood where I was was mostly resignation and sadness at what we have become. This team couldn't win the League 1 play offs let lone the league. Boooooooooooo!

Xhaka Can’t
13-03-2016, 05:08 PM
There is nothing left to say. We are being put to shame by the moneybags at Watford and Leicester.

I really couldn't give a toss what he has to say any more.

selassie
13-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Not surprised or even bothered, gave up caring about the season after the Swansea game.

Letters
13-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Cripps is very angry.

He's also fat.

RomfordPele
13-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Just got back in from the match. F*cked up match. F*cked up journey back. On the few occasions when I bother going to the Emirates these days its even more obvious how clueless our team is. No heart; no fight; no tempo; no structure; no tactics; no plan; no forwards momentum; no bodies in the box; no defence; no clue! LVG is being pilloried for having no discernable game plan. Can somebody tell me how Arsenal is any f*cking different. Every man and his dog has worked out exactly how to play us, and yet our manager has no answers at all. Why in God's name can other teams score with every chance they have yet we can't even get anywhere near a goal unless the opposition allows us to walk the ball into the net. The mood where I was was mostly resignation and sadness at what we have become. This team couldn't win the League 1 play offs let lone the league. Boooooooooooo!

Yep, the crowd didn't even bother booing where I was. Resigned, as you say. And with 60,000 people sticking their hands in their pocket each week, it's hard to see anyone on the board ever moving Wenger on.

We can look forward to another couple of years of this, I reckon. Depressing!

gunnerrrrr
13-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Yep, the crowd didn't even bother booing where I was. Resigned, as you say. And with 60,000 people sticking their hands in their pocket each week, it's hard to see anyone on the board ever moving Wenger on.

We can look forward to another couple of years of this, I reckon. Depressing!
I have to agree with this...Wenger makes £8m a year.....he is going nowhere and the board won't touch him.

Marc Overmars
13-03-2016, 05:24 PM
I don't know why but I have a feeling he could walk. Wishful thinking maybe but what else can you paper over the cracks with? There's fuck all left to draw any hope from.

Xhaka Can’t
13-03-2016, 05:31 PM
No way he is going until he is carried out on a stretcher by the men in white coats.

Power n Glory
13-03-2016, 05:33 PM
His whole football philosophy and style is fucking dated....Wenger please just go....really just go

I don't even know if we have philosophy. We have a static striker that wants to play the target man and looks to play in others around him by wrestling with defenders and laying off the ball. We have an attacking midfield that won't shoot on goal, make runs into the box and play off the striker. He'd rather play the ball to someone making a run into the box.

It's just not working. Welbeck should have started but saying that, his miss was atrocious. But honestly, we started off bright in the first half but did nothing with it. Next step is to get Giroud out of the squad. He's had enough time now and shouldn't be given any more.

Also, our defence had a shocker. Gabriel was the worse culprit. Merts wasn't good either. Chambers and Gibbs were useless on attack and defence. All over the shop.

Munchies
13-03-2016, 05:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ0PuHzROCY

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 05:35 PM
I'm not even angry anymore, it's as much the players fault as it is Wengers....they have this individual team meeting away from the Arsenal management and they still play like muppets.

He's not a cunt, he's just been allowed to go on his own sweet way by the board for too long. I don't believe for a second he doesn't care about winning big trophies, he's too stubborn to accept that he can't do it.

And he can't do it because to be the very best in professional sport you need to take drugsbe 100% focused on winning. He is 50% focused on the team and 50% focused on the money, at best. Probably more like 1% / 99% because everything about this club has been modelled on the finances. They have turned good bookkeeping into a virtue, which is valid for a laundry or a burger stand or a bank, but has no fucking place in football. The definition of sound finances in football is anything goes as long as it doesn't go as far as Leeds or Rangers. Other clubs take risks, we take none. Except in terms of football in which case risks are not just acceptable but desirable. No striker? No problem, get a cheapster in and that covers the rules requirement. Need a midfielder? No worries, that keep-fit bloke can fill in. As soon as this big money project started Wenger was done, all his focus went there and it changed his philosophy and in turn the clubs fortunes (and the club certainly made a fortune).

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2016, 05:42 PM
I don't know why but I have a feeling he could walk. Wishful thinking maybe but what else can you paper over the cracks with? There's fuck all left to draw any hope from.

He's already of the impression that he would have to be God-like to make us happy - it doesn't strike me as someone that is going to walk.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/12/arsene-wenger-i-would-have-to-be-god-to-satisfy-arsenal-fans/

Munchies
13-03-2016, 05:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndWqiMV0Km4

RomfordPele
13-03-2016, 05:48 PM
I don't even know if we have philosophy. We have a static striker that wants to play the target man and looks to play in others around him by wrestling with defenders and laying off the ball. We have an attacking midfield that won't shoot on goal, make runs into the box and play off the striker. He'd rather play the ball to someone making a run into the box.

It's just not working. Welbeck should have started but saying that, his miss was atrocious. But honestly, we started off bright in the first half but did nothing with it. Next step is to get Giroud out of the squad. He's had enough time now and shouldn't be given any more.

Also, our defence had a shocker. Gabriel was the worse culprit. Merts wasn't good either. Chambers and Gibbs were useless on attack and defence. All over the shop.

Appalling, appalling team selection by Wenger yet again.

We needed a ball carrier in midfield to release Ozil against a team set up to defend ... So he drops iwobi and plays two defensive midfielders.

We needed quality from our full backs to give us width and pace ... So he rests bellerin (for what? Barcelona???) and plays (a frankly abject) chambers. Gibbs on the left was little better. Why no Monreal?

We needed movement up front to test their backline and stretch the play ... So he benches welbeck and plays giroud who just stood like a lamppost all match.

And then, after sitting on his hands for 10 mins until we go 2 down, he brings Theo on and takes Campbell off.

Spineless players don't help, but we lose some games before we even kick off with wenger's madcap tactics.

Marc Overmars
13-03-2016, 05:51 PM
He's already of the impression that he would have to be God-like to make us happy - it doesn't strike me as someone that is going to walk.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/12/arsene-wenger-i-would-have-to-be-god-to-satisfy-arsenal-fans/

Haven't read that. I guess he'll really need to be carted out in a straight jacket after all.

My only hope is the fans continue to do whatever they can to voice their displeasure and make life difficult for him.

Globalgunner
13-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Appalling, appalling team selection by Wenger yet again.

We needed a ball carrier in midfield to release Ozil against a team set up to defend ... So he drops iwobi and plays two defensive midfielders.

We needed quality from our full backs to give us width and pace ... So he rests bellerin (for what? Barcelona???) and plays (a frankly abject) chambers. Gibbs on the left was little better. Why no Monreal?

We needed movement up front to test their backline and stretch the play ... So he benches welbeck and plays giroud who just stood like a lamppost all match.

And then, after sitting on his hands for 10 mins until we go 2 down, he brings Theo on and takes Campbell off.

Spineless players don't help, but we lose some games before we even kick off with wenger's madcap tactics.

"Those who the Gods wish to destroy. First they make them mad"
The end is nigh for the charlatan.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Article referenced in that video with Moh:
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/stan-kroenke-i-didnt-buy-arsenal-stake-to-win-trophies-a3202046.html

Fuck off Kroenke. Cunt.

Chippy
13-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Still St Totteringham's Day. Yes, our move to the Emirates has made us that small, but I'll take it.

Surely he can't fuck up St Totteringham's Day? Not even he would risk that.

Surely.

I hope.

I mean he won't will he?

We have to win that FFS!

Erm, the scum are now six points clear of us! We won't catch them!!

Munchies
13-03-2016, 05:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWp9-BXmSOo

Power n Glory
13-03-2016, 05:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndWqiMV0Km4

So we need to change ownership again? Someone else that's even more dodgy and we don't know much about? Stupid!

Kronke hasn't always been the owner and the fact is since he and Gazidis have come along, we've spent more money, revenue has gone up but the results remain the same.

dostoy
13-03-2016, 05:57 PM
St Arseholes day is coming.

You know what that is and who it is named after.

Marc Overmars
13-03-2016, 06:03 PM
Only positive from today is that Elmo and Campbell looked good again but I suppose any sort of competence is enough to stand out right now in this team. Wenger probably fined them 2 weeks wages when they came off.

alexander
13-03-2016, 06:03 PM
up until roughly 8 weeks back, i did slightly defend Wenger, but since then I cant do that anymore. I thank him for what he has done, but its time to move on. This season has been an utter shambles. I actually think that the starting 11 we have is a good team, and really should have challenged more this season. Actually, should have won it. But I cant take the some thing season after season, its EXACTLY the same. I cant see how he can have any excuses now, we had a crap squad 8 years or so back, real dross, so i put up with the 4th place finishes because `needs must` while the stadium was going up. But now there is no reason why we shouldnt be top 1-2 and reaching CL finals etc.
Football is always evolving, but we havent gone with it. That is Wengers fault. I think we need a new manager asap (wont happen) someone young and dynamic maybe. yes we maybe will drop out the top 4 etc, but with the stadium and wealth we have and the London environment, we should still be able to attract top talent. Would it be so bad anyway?
Not even annoyed, just bored of the same shit year after year.

Power n Glory
13-03-2016, 06:08 PM

Resignation. Sounds like the fans are exasperated. Claude sums it up with this one.

RomfordPele
13-03-2016, 06:14 PM
The only thing that might force Wenger out is a Spurs title. Then the atmosphere would completely curdle and make his position untenable. What a choice, eh?

alexander
13-03-2016, 06:18 PM

gave mine up a few years back.

Marc Overmars
13-03-2016, 06:27 PM

Resignation. Sounds like the fans are exasperated. Claude sums it up with this one.

Surprisingly level-headed from Claude for a change. Anger turned to resignation.

A sad day.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 06:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UTV1ILAlCk

Everyone entitled to their opinion but this guy is some sort of brainwashed cult member.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Only positive from today is that Elmo and Campbell looked good again but I suppose any sort of competence is enough to stand out right now in this team. Wenger probably fined them 2 weeks wages when they came off.

Don't you worry, within a year the natural talent and flair will be coached out of them and they'll turn into mindless tippy tappy drones. It's happening to Alexis before our very eyes right now.

Kano
13-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Don't you worry, within a year the natural talent and flair will be coached out of them and they'll turn into mindless tippy tappy drones. It's happening to Alexis before our very eyes right now.

Alexis' problems are of his own making. Too reliant on cutting back into his right, getting involved in areas of play he shouldn't be. He prefers playing on the left but his drop in form is quite something. Ozil has been here a year longer and is having his best season so far. Players have to hold their hands up to in part.

Marc Overmars
13-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Alexis' problems are of his own making. Too reliant on cutting back into his right, getting involved in areas of play he shouldn't be. He prefers playing on the left but his drop in form is quite something. Ozil has been here a year longer and is having his best season so far. Players have to hold their hands up to in part.

2nd season syndrome for Alexis.

He's still explosive but opponents have smartened up against him. He needs to mix it up, the cutting in on the right trick won't work anymore. It's not just that either, his final ball has gone to shit as well. Really disappointed with him since his return from injury, his failure to find his form is a very big contributor to the collapse. You need your star guys to pull you through but ours have done the opposite. Minus Ozil.

Kano
13-03-2016, 07:11 PM
2nd season syndrome for Alexis.

He's still explosive but opponents have smartened up against him. He needs to mix it up, the cutting in on the right trick won't work anymore. It's not just that either, his final ball has gone to shit as well. Really disappointed with him since his return from injury, his failure to find his form is a very big contributor to the collapse. You need your star guys to pull you through but ours have done the opposite. Minus Ozil.
He was on a hell of a run of form so maybe this sort of dip was inevitable, who knows. Any team going for a major trophy needs their big players to step up and his form crash came at the worst possible moment. Could have been a different situation we are in right now if we had him scoring while Giroud went into hibernation. That may sound like I'm placing the blame on Alexis for our problems but I don't mean that at all.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2016, 07:19 PM
He seemed a far greater threat when he was moved on to the right side and was much closer to goal for it. Unlikelly he'll be played there as a matter of course though.

mastermind84
13-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Save the club
Wenger out

As for Alexis, like I said last week I don't think position matters as much as what he is tasked to do. He is a finisher. Put him closer to goal and keep him away from the build up.

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Save the club
Wenger out

As for Alexis, like I said last week I don't think position matters as much as what he is tasked to do. He is a finisher. Put him closer to goal and keep him away from the build up.

But even when he has been in front of goal of late he's fluffed his lines. He's just preforming mainly poorly of late.

selassie
13-03-2016, 09:20 PM
But even when he has been in front of goal of late he's fluffed his lines. He's just preforming mainly poorly of late.

He's living off last season TBH, Alexis since he's come back has been putting in sub par performances every week, he's been horrible, pretty much all the aspects of his game have gone to shit.

He's not the only one, basically the whole team really bar Ozil, Cech and Welbeck in his few performances have been in bad form for a good few months, we've basically tossed the league away through a succession of really bad performances.

The season is dead now, we're not fighting for PL in this form, if anything we'll be fighting to stay in the top 4.

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 09:29 PM
He's living off last season TBH, Alexis since he's come back has been putting in sub par performances every week, he's been horrible, pretty much all the aspects of his game have gone to shit.

He's not the only one, basically the whole team really bar Ozil, Cech and Welbeck in his few performances have been in bad form for a good few months, we've basically tossed the league away through a succession of really bad performances.

The season is dead now, we're not fighting for PL in this form, if anything we'll be fighting to stay in the top 4.

Pretty much!

That stuffing we received at Southampton seemed to be the Catalyst, but I'm sure there had been warning signs before that, just can't remember.

Chippy
13-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Pretty much!

That stuffing we received at Southampton seemed to be the Catalyst, but I'm sure there had been warning signs before that, just can't remember.

Losing 8-2 at OT?

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Pretty much!

Second half of our 3-0 win over Utd was a big warning sign. Showed the manager and the players didn't understand what it means to press home an advantage in the most ruthless manner. We slacked off and saw the game out. Never acceptable in my book because it allows for less than 100% and that should never be acceptable. It's difficult to operate at that level and you'll never always achieve it, but you must always try to achieve it or else you are guaranteed to fail.

The the Liverpool Surrender sealed it. That was a scandal. Not just because the points were thrown down the drain through an act of cowardice but because a large segment of the fan base actually celebrated losing those vital points. And that told us another thing, we have fans at this club who don't remember and maybe don't understand at all what sporting excellence is all about.

The club is starting to rot right through. From the owner all the way down to the lowliest of low Ty creatures.

mastermind84
13-03-2016, 09:50 PM

I'm okay with it because he gets a lot of shots.

He needs to be closer to goal instead of running from deep and attempting to do something.

Power n Glory
13-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Nothing wrong with defending. 3-0 lead. Best we have played all season. We hit them on the break with fast counters and were focused on not conceding a goal. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Nothing wrong with defending. 3-0 lead. Best we have played all season. We hit them on the break with fast counters and were focused on not conceding a goal. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Absolutely everything wrong with it. It's the difference between 3-0 and 8-2 for a start.

rodders
13-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Arsene continuing to be in denial!!!

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Arsene continuing to be in denial!!!

Of course. Sun rises, sun sets, death, taxes and Arsene in denial.

Gooner23
13-03-2016, 09:58 PM
It's such a shame that all the good will Wenger built up from the core fan base is being eroded away now. This is going to get really messy, particularly if he keeps burying his head in the sand. He has to go in the summer, and sadly if he's not willing to step down he should be sacked. The fans should make their feelings very clear for the remainder of the season. Gazidis is not stupid and will know the fans are really turning now.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2016, 10:07 PM
https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/708254434946469888

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 10:19 PM

Brilliant.

Power n Glory
13-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Absolutely everything wrong with it. It's the difference between 3-0 and 8-2 for a start.

No mate, you'd have to be playing a team managed by Wenger to get that sort of hiding. Top teams don't lose by that sort of scoreline. It's only us that's happened to and it's a mistake to think other top teams would crumble like that.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
13-03-2016, 11:15 PM
There's a good chance Emperor Wenger will still be here next season. I'd suggest we make some kind of peace/resignation with it.

Letters
13-03-2016, 11:35 PM

Spot on.

I'll never disrespect the guy or call him every name under the sun. If 3rd and the FA Cup felt like a disappointment last year then that is entirely because of the expectations which Wenger himself has set. I still think that FA Cup win bought him one last chance to properly challenge and I said I'd support him while we were in the title race but as this ridiculous season has unfolded we've fallen out of that race and, worse, to Leicester and Spurs. And we just got knocked out of the FA Cup at home to a side we should be hammering. It's not good enough and he has to go. I hope he goes this summer. He'll leave us with a fantastic stadium, a sack of trophies (I'm glad he won those FA Cups, whatever you think of the competition it did mean something to us and rescues his legacy somewhat), a load of fantastic memories, a pretty good squad and enough money to push it on. I just hope he doesn't hang on until it really does get nasty, it would be a shame after everything he's done for us.

Marc Overmars
13-03-2016, 11:46 PM
In time I'm sure his legacy will be fondly appreciated but he's clearly going to leave the club, whenever that is, under a cloud of contempt, which is very sad. He should be bowing out at the top like Ferguson but his stubbornness has ensured that will never happen.

Munchies
13-03-2016, 11:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi9Q8t3RAnk&feature=youtu.be

Long show but pretty good. The DT banner guy makes so many valid points

GP
14-03-2016, 12:06 AM
DT is a fucking melt.

fakeyank
14-03-2016, 03:03 AM

Frankly, I think his head has already turned by Real or Bayern. I cannot see him staying at the club beyond the next season.

AFC Leveller
14-03-2016, 07:51 AM
Wenger will find excuses for it but this season's collapse has been by far our worst under this clown. We have won 4 games in our last 14 (2 of those coming in the FA cup against Championship teams Burnley and Hull). When the business end kicks in, Wenger gets the shits and single handily throws our season off track.

People will say "well he didn't tell Welbeck to miss that chance near the end" but thats not the fucking point, the other 88 minutes where we strolled about looking hopeless against a newly promoted side AT HOME was the real source of frustration.

He now says that questions over his future have become a farce! what a joker. He cant handle the heat and he cannot see the reality, he simply has to go now. But the real problem is there is noone to fire thre gun, no one to tell him whats what and we will conitnue to flop as long as he is here.

IBK
14-03-2016, 07:52 AM

I'm afraid that Sanchez ATM is personifying the team's malaise. Difficult to fault his commitment, but he is one of a bunch of individuals masquerading as a team. Wenger is being found out big time. There is no plan, and superior tacticians are showing that you can't win games simply relying on some individual brilliance. Our players seem as though they have never played with each other before - which is a damning indictment, both of their own footballing intelligence and a manager who has had years with this team and yet developed no cohesive strategy either to defend or to score goals. The fact that none of our so-called star names - let alone Wenger - seem to have any answer is deeply depressing - and its inevitable that our players will be losing faith in the manager's methods. Bad times.

AFC Leveller
14-03-2016, 07:53 AM
https://www.facebook.com/ArsenalTransfersAnalysis/videos/771954976273768/

selassie
14-03-2016, 07:57 AM
There's a good chance Emperor Wenger will still be here next season. I'd suggest we make some kind of peace/resignation with it.

We'll be discussing the same shit this time next season, heck we'll probably be discussing the same shit in the summer when Wenger will do his usual refusing to buy what we need.

IBK
14-03-2016, 08:00 AM
If this season has shown us anything, its how quickly a decline can turn into a disaster. Having seen our debacles against Manure; Swansea; the Chavs; Watford - and before that against Southampton - just in recent weeks - is there anything to suggest that our trajectory is any different to that of Manure; Chelsea or Liverpool this season? Seriously - if anyone can see how Wenger is going to halt the rot, let alone go on a run to achieve a miracle league win - I would love to hear their thoughts.

selassie
14-03-2016, 08:08 AM
I'm afraid that Sanchez ATM is personifying the team's malaise. Difficult to fault his commitment, but he is one of a bunch of individuals masquerading as a team. Wenger is being found out big time. There is no plan, and superior tacticians are showing that you can't win games simply relying on some individual brilliance. Our players seem as though they have never played with each other before - which is a damning indictment, both of their own footballing intelligence and a manager who has had years with this team and yet developed no cohesive strategy either to defend or to score goals. The fact that none of our so-called star names - let alone Wenger - seem to have any answer is deeply depressing - and its inevitable that our players will be losing faith in the manager's methods. Bad times.

Aye, it's been like this for a while now, yesterday's game was depressing but so inevitable. I've got to the stage know where I'm not even fussed if we finish top 4 this season, what difference does it make to the team or our transfer policy if we finish top 4 or not? Probably no difference. We're going to lose our best players if we continue in this cycle anyway.

Munchies
14-03-2016, 08:46 AM
First thing I see on BBC Sport

Arsene Wenger says questions over his Arsenal future a 'farce'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35800701

A farce is bottling the league yet again.
A farce is replacing Pace and Power with tiny short midgets
A farce is being on £8m a year and acting like you're doing the fans a favour
A farce is only signing Zero outfield players in the summer
A farce is having your favourites in the squad that you won't ever drop
A farce is personally endorsing Stan Kroenke over Usmanov
A farce is that you're finished as a manager and you're still our manager

Marc Overmars
14-03-2016, 08:47 AM
It's only important to finish in the top 4 if there is a new manager coming in. That's not going to be the case so as far as I'm concerned it's pointless now under Wenger.

Munchies
14-03-2016, 08:49 AM
It's only important to finish in the top 4 if there is a new manager coming in. That's not going to be the case so as far as I'm concerned it's pointless now under Wenger.

Round of 16 exit so who cares

United have shown you can get anyone if they agree to the plan ahead with no CL footy for a year. If City don't get top 4 this year, they'll still sign whoever they want.

Albeit they'll probably have to throw an extra 100k on their salaries

---

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdcpBwFW4AA-gPu.jpg

Relegation form

Munchies
14-03-2016, 08:52 AM
Also had enough with all this 'Wenger has given everything for the club' BS

Wenger is on more than 8 mill a year. Probably gets a bonus on how much he makes the club.

As corrupt as Kroenke.

GP
14-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Round of 16 exit so who cares

United have shown you can get anyone if they agree to the plan ahead with no CL footy for a year. If City don't get top 4 this year, they'll still sign whoever they want.

Albeit they'll probably have to throw an extra 100k on their salaries

---

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdcpBwFW4AA-gPu.jpg

Relegation form

It's been a shameful collapse. After beating City at Christmas I was convinced we were going to really push on.

Then we went to Southampton on Boxing day... It's been a downward spiral ever since.

I'm broken.

Marc Overmars
14-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Yeah after the City win I thought we could be on to something. We've cocked it up many times in the past but I cannot begin to explain how disappointing this collapse in particular has been. I think our league record since Christmas stands at something like 4 wins in 12. There's just no excuse for why it's gone so wrong.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2016, 09:15 AM
It's been a shameful collapse. After beating City at Christmas I was convinced we were going to really push on.

Then we went to Southampton on Boxing day... It's been a downward spiral ever since.

I'm broken.

You were broken long before this, tbf.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Yeah after the City win I thought we could be on to something. We've cocked it up many times in the past but I cannot begin to explain how disappointing this collapse in particular has been. I think our league record since Christmas stands at something like 4 wins in 12. There's just no excuse for why it's gone so wrong.

No matter how good it looks for us, history tells us we'll cock it up. In fact the bigger the opportunity the more spectacularly we blow it. This season it looked like we couldn't possibly fail, our rivals just kept shooting themselves in the face, every time. It looked so good all we had to do was nothing and we'd still prevail. And Wenger has delivered less than nothing and blown it. Just how terrible do you have to be to not only look a gift horse in the mouth but then get trampled by it?

Apparently it is the fans who are to blame. And one guy with one banner.

adzzzbatch
14-03-2016, 09:36 AM
"For the 10th home game in all competitions we failed to take a lead into the half-time break."

Fucking atrocious.

adzzzbatch
14-03-2016, 09:41 AM
https://www.facebook.com/ArsenalTransfersAnalysis/videos/771954976273768/

There's a Simpsons for everything.

Marc Overmars
14-03-2016, 09:50 AM
"For the 10th home game in all competitions we failed to take a lead into the half-time break."

Fucking atrocious.

I don't think our home form has ever been this bad in the Emirates era. It's scary how comfortable visiting teams make themselves now.

IBK
14-03-2016, 09:53 AM
Aye, it's been like this for a while now, yesterday's game was depressing but so inevitable. I've got to the stage know where I'm not even fussed if we finish top 4 this season, what difference does it make to the team or our transfer policy if we finish top 4 or not? Probably no difference. We're going to lose our best players if we continue in this cycle anyway.

The resignation is the culmination of many years of the same scenario played out in similar ways. It's said that the 5 stages of grief are denial; anger; bargaining (if only) depression; acceptance. Maybe stages 2 and 3 have been reversed in the case of our team, but we fans are definitely now at stages 4/5. The reason that this seems to have come so quickly now is that we all essentially know that Wenger's decline has been happening for a long time - but this season above all has provided conclusive proof that there is going to be no bounce back under Wenger. His 'genius' has been to prolong the process for so long. It pisses me off when it is suggested that we Gooners are fickle or self - entitled, because the opposite is the case. Maybe we are used to having it pretty good - but the reality is that for a club of our resources, expectations are completely understandable.

So...we waited for the stadium project to resolve itself and put up with our best players leaving, and the constant rebuilding process; we waited patiently for our developmental players to blossom; we thought optimistically that a couple of Cup wins would develop into a winning habit; we swallowed the idea that success would be a gradual thing while we lived with the billionaires investing in the EPL, and we saw the signing of 'world class' players as the missing part of the jigsaw, and waited for them to lift the team to another level. All the time, we saw the flaws in the manager's methods but even cynical fans held out the hope (against hope?) that our instincts might be proved wrong. But in a season where the standard of our league is the worst for years and we have seen an almost impossible blow up of the competition - we have not only failed to capitalise, but have gone backwards - and now our intelligence is being insulted by a manager in denial himself, and an owner who has chosen the worst possible time to show publicly his true colours.

Honestly - ATM I am struggling to see where the justification is for confidence about our club going forwards.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2016, 09:55 AM
The resignation is the culmination of many years of the same scenario played out in similar ways. It's said that the 5 stages of grief are denial; anger; bargaining (if only) depression; acceptance. Maybe stages 2 and 3 have been reversed in the case of our team, but we fans are definitely now at stages 4/5. The reason that this seems to have come so quickly now is that we all essentially know that Wenger's decline has been happening for a long time - but this season above all has provided conclusive proof that there is going to be no bounce back under Wenger. His 'genius' has been to prolong the process for so long. It pisses me off when it is suggested that we Gooners are fickle or self - entitled, because the opposite is the case. Maybe we are used to having it pretty good - but the reality is that for a club of our resources, expectations are completely understandable.

So...we waited for the stadium project to resolve itself and put up with our best players leaving, and the constant rebuilding process; we waited patiently for our developmental players to blossom; we thought optimistically that a couple of Cup wins would develop into a winning habit; we swallowed the idea that success would be a gradual thing while we lived with the billionaires investing in the EPL, and we saw the signing of 'world class' players as the missing part of the jigsaw, and waited for them to lift the team to another level. All the time, we saw the flaws in the manager's methods but even cynical fans held out the hope (against hope?) that our instincts might be proved wrong. But in a season where the standard of our league is the worst for years and we have seen an almost impossible blow up of the competition - we have not only failed to capitalise, but have gone backwards - and now our intelligence is being insulted by a manager in denial himself, and an owner who has chosen the worst possible time to show publicly his true colours.

Honestly - ATM I am struggling to see where the justification is for confidence about our club going forwards.

Wilshere will be back in 2 weeks. Then everything will change.

adzzzbatch
14-03-2016, 10:01 AM
I don't think our home form has ever been this bad in the Emirates era. It's scary how comfortable visiting teams make themselves now.

Then you have the manager blaming the fans for making his players nervous!

Marc Overmars
14-03-2016, 10:05 AM
Then you have the manager blaming the fans for making his players nervous!

How dare you have an opinion. Just give us your cash and STFU. :sulk:

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2016, 10:08 AM
How dare you have an opinion. Just give us your cash and STFU. :sulk:

Be aware that not all undesirables have been priced out yet. You are going to get these types piping up for at least a couple more seasons until we can get the Euro League underway. Please play along for the time being. They'll be gone soon enough.

Power n Glory
14-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Theo's secret meeting! :haha:

Arsecast ripping him. Rightly so. The players need to keep their mouths shut.

selassie
14-03-2016, 11:00 AM

This!

Gooner23
14-03-2016, 12:03 PM
Theo's secret meeting! :haha:

Arsecast ripping him. Rightly so. The players need to keep their mouths shut.

When I heard Theo talking about that I knew it would come back to bite them :doh:

Firstly a meeting shouldnt be needed for players to be reminded they have to give a fuck, and secondly if you are going to have one dont make it public and brag about it.

adzzzbatch
14-03-2016, 12:12 PM
When I heard Theo talking about that I knew it would come back to bite them :doh:

Firstly a meeting shouldnt be needed for players to be reminded they have to give a fuck, and secondly if you are going to have one dont make it public and brag about it.

There is so much fundamentally wrong at our club :(

Marc Overmars
14-03-2016, 12:21 PM

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that meeting. Fuck knows what guys like Cech, Ozil and Sanchez must have been thinking, they were probably sat there cringing throughout.

The Emirates Gallactico
14-03-2016, 12:22 PM
To be honest I don't think there's anything wrong with having a player meeting. Mertesacker said they had one last year after the Southampton debacle (when Szcheny got caught smoking in the showers) and there was a noticeable improvement in form there after.

What was silly from Theo was to reveal it unless it resulted in an uptake of form because otherwise it makes him (and the players) look foolish.

The real problem is that it highlights a lack of management and organisation from Wenger and the coaching staff because it shouldn't be up to the players to privately convene to try and figure out where things have gone wrong - they should be getting direction and advice straight from Wenger. Wenger has a known laissez-faire approach to management and in this modern age of football it's no simply longer compatible if you want to produce a well drilled and mentally strong, title winning team.

Munchies
14-03-2016, 01:06 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Screen-Shot-2016-03-14-at-14.52.06.png

www.instagram.com/p/BC7fEZ1jtfq/?taken-by=arsenal_worldwide&hl=en

Why the fuck is Beckham getting involved? :lol: It's legit, I checked it on the link

Munchies
14-03-2016, 01:07 PM
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/709362104202108928

Says the world's greatest living attention-seeker.
Shut it, Mr Beckham.

Piers Morgan shutting him down :bow:

selassie
14-03-2016, 01:15 PM
To be honest I don't think there's anything wrong with having a player meeting. Mertesacker said they had one last year after the Southampton debacle (when Szcheny got caught smoking in the showers) and there was a noticeable improvement in form there after.

What was silly from Theo was to reveal it unless it resulted in an uptake of form because otherwise it makes him (and the players) look foolish.

The real problem is that it highlights a lack of management and organisation from Wenger and the coaching staff because it shouldn't be up to the players to privately convene to try and figure out where things have gone wrong - they should be getting direction and advice straight from Wenger. Wenger has a known laissez-faire approach to management and in this modern age of football it's no simply longer compatible if you want to produce a well drilled and mentally strong, title winning team.

Too right it does. The sad thing is Wenger's stance has been one of the Media and fans are attacking him personally so I have no idea what he is telling the players behind close doors if he's speaking to them at all.

This collapse and our level of performance is not acceptable, if this kind of thing is accepted at Arsenal for the next year or so when Wenger is in charge then I really do worry about our future.

Kano
14-03-2016, 01:32 PM
“Mertesacker: The desire to play together and to be good at a team is there, you can feel that, even if there is a bit of negativity I can understand. I want as well that we go through here, I think we had the chances and we played in the right way apart from the fact we didn’t score. That is something you need to do in football if you want to be successful. It looks like the longer the game goes, we rush and rush our decisions. It is still a learning process for us as a team.”
Still, there's always next season to learn.

Power n Glory
14-03-2016, 01:46 PM

Wrights at it again. What a hypocrite.

adzzzbatch
14-03-2016, 01:47 PM
The players need to learn to STFU, we don't want to hear their crap.

adzzzbatch
14-03-2016, 01:50 PM

The fact the fans are being spoke about in this way speaks volumes!

I feel we're the ones being disrespected by all and sundry! Yet everyone is carrying on like we should be fucking grateful!

Özim
14-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Wenger walks out of an interview when questioned about whether he believed he was under pressure, there an no words to describe this guy, he clearly thinks he's above everyone else, arrogance in it's highest form.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsene-wenger-walks-out-interview-7553339

Munchies
14-03-2016, 01:59 PM
Wenger walks out of an interview when questioned about whether he believed he was under pressure, there an no words to describe this guy, he clearly thinks he's above everyone else, arrogance in it's highest form.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsene-wenger-walks-out-interview-7553339

Thank you very much

Özim
14-03-2016, 02:03 PM
First thing I see on BBC Sport

Arsene Wenger says questions over his Arsenal future a 'farce'

A farce is bottling the league yet again.
A farce is replacing Pace and Power with tiny short midgets
A farce is being on £8m a year and acting like you're doing the fans a favour
A farce is only signing Zero outfield players in the summer
A farce is having your favourites in the squad that you won't ever drop
A farce is personally endorsing Stan Kroenke over Usmanov
A farce is that you're finished as a manager and you're still our manager

The guy thinks he's untouchable, he's right of course but that's not the point.

The only farce is the way he manages the team and runs the club, this guy should have gone years ago, this is what happens when a guy is in charge for too long, he becomes power hungry and egotistical and thinks he's the only one that's right.

Kano
14-03-2016, 02:08 PM
When it comes to dealing with journalists looking for an angle to crucify you, make a name for themselves and increase sales/click rates, then I can see where Wenger comes from. The media aren’t representing the fans in any sense of the word and it’s misguided to think that is ever the case. If I had been working in an industry for 50 years I wouldn’t put up with leeching little cretins from the rag-like media thinking they can question me from a position of expertise, just because they have the ears of the general public.

What Wenger is missing however is that this is the only medium the fans have of understanding the thinking of the manager, players and club in general. If he has heard the fans are upset and putting pressure on his recent performances then it is a huge error of judgment to not feedback, at least once, some form of communication empathising with our concerns.

Power n Glory
14-03-2016, 02:11 PM
The fact the fans are being spoke about in this way speaks volumes!

I feel we're the ones being disrespected by all and sundry! Yet everyone is carrying on like we should be fucking grateful!

It's not even a disrespectful banner. Honestly, fuck the lot of them. They deserve to play in front of an empty stadium. It's best they hear nothing at all if they keep telling us to shut up. They're acting like we've been impatient.

Power n Glory
14-03-2016, 02:18 PM
When it comes to dealing with journalists looking for an angle to crucify you, make a name for themselves and increase sales/click rates, then I can see where Wenger comes from. The media aren’t representing the fans in any sense of the word and it’s misguided to think that is ever the case. If I had been working in an industry for 50 years I wouldn’t put up with leeching little cretins from the rag-like media thinking they can question me from a position of expertise, just because they have the ears of the general public.

What Wenger is missing however is that this is the only medium the fans have of understanding the thinking of the manager, players and club in general. If he has heard the fans are upset and putting pressure on his recent performances then it is a huge error of judgment to not feedback, at least once, some form of communication empathising with our concerns.

I don't think anyone cares for an explanation from Wenger or feedback. We've heard it all. He's given his side in other interviews so it's not a complete media shut out. Walking out of an interview just makes him look bad and they'll keep probing away at him for these sort of incidents. I just hope he doesn't have a complete meltdown on camera.

Munchies
14-03-2016, 02:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUNS3VoJ3mM&feature=youtu.be

Watch this from a few seasons ago after the Blackburn FA Cup loss

Same shit eh :haha:

Özim
14-03-2016, 02:55 PM

Anyone that dares to question him he just flies off the handle at.

Would love someone to go in and call him a specialist in failure, wouldn't go down well but would probably get a great reaction. :lol:

Özim
14-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Mertersacker blaming poor finishing for struggles (partly true but the defence has been poor too), what he maybe doesn't realise is he's actually blaming the manager indirectly, after all it was the manager who decided he didn't need a striker in the summer, low and behold we find ourselves in March and struggling to score goals, who could have predicted it?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/14/per-mertesacker-arsenal-watford-fa-cup-barcelona

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Mertersacker blaming poor finishing for struggles (partly true but the defence has been poor too), what he maybe doesn't realise is he's actually blaming the manager indirectly, after all it was the manager who decided he didn't need a striker in the summer, low and behold we find ourselves in March and struggling to score goals, who could have predicted it?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/14/per-mertesacker-arsenal-watford-fa-cup-barcelona

I haven't been able to find the clip online, but if you get a chance to see the second Watford goal keep a close eye on Mertesacker. You'll see very clearly why he should never play another game for the club again. He should be in hiding now, after his performance, not spouting off and certainly not trying to deflect the blame. Find that clip if you can and watch it. It tells you everything you need to know about this guy in terms of his courage, heart and determination on a football pitch.

Power n Glory
14-03-2016, 03:04 PM

I partly agree about the finishing. Campbell, Elneny, Welbeck, Giroud had good opportunities. But failing to defend a simple throw in and getting turning so easily is just criminal.

Özim
14-03-2016, 03:06 PM
I haven't been able to find the clip online, but if you get a chance to see the second Watford goal keep a close eye on Mertesacker. You'll see very clearly why he should never play another game for the club again. He should be in hiding now, after his performance, not spouting off and certainly not trying to deflect the blame. Find that clip if you can and watch it. It tells you everything you need to know about this guy in terms of his courage, heart and determination on a football pitch.

Starts at 2 mins 5 second or so;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35798626

I see what you mean, what am embarrassment :lol:

selassie
14-03-2016, 03:07 PM

Wright is an idiot, he can't seem to make up his mind. Mind you it seems hip in the "famous" circle to back Wenger, Beckham was backing him on twitter earlier saying Arsenal fans are a disgrace for wanting him gone?! :lol:

Özim
14-03-2016, 03:09 PM
I partly agree about the finishing. Campbell, Elneny, Welbeck, Giroud had good opportunities. But failing to defend a simple throw in and getting turning so easily is just criminal.

The defending was awful no question about it, all this talk about us being better defensively is nonsense, we've been poor this season, up front though we've been shocking.

I know Wellbeck is getting praise, but the guy missed an absolute sitter that would have got us a draw, our whole group of strikers just isn't good enough, when you need them the most they go missing, Walcott, Giroud, Wellbeck none of them good enough for a club like Arsenal, in times of need you need your players to turn up, yes Wellbeck got us a goal but that miss was criminal to be honest and just highlights the lack of quality we have up front.

Here's the miss, should have hit it 1st time, but even the 2nd time it was a simple goal:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35798448

selassie
14-03-2016, 03:12 PM

If he was as consistent on the pitch as he is in the media talking about what we need to do then we'd be walking the league this season. Theo is the same, all talk...no substance.

fakeyank
14-03-2016, 03:13 PM
I just hope that I live long enough to see the back of the donkey (AW). I have no clue what I will do when I read or hear about his departure. I will probably die out of happiness.

Özim
14-03-2016, 03:17 PM
If he was as consistent on the pitch as he is in the media talking about what we need to do then we'd be walking the league this season. Theo is the same, all talk...no substance.

It's been the case for years though, players talking it up in the media and then embarrassing themselves on the pitch. We talk a good game, a very good game but there's nothing behind it and when it's time to turn and perform we go missing.

If it hadn't happened so often you'd put it down to lack of desire from the players, but this has happened so often that you can be sure it's a combination of a lack of desire and a manager who can't motivate players to perform, both the manager and players perform best in the media.

Özim
14-03-2016, 03:20 PM
I just hope that I live long enough to see the back of the donkey (AW). I have no clue what I will do when I read or hear about his departure. I will probably die out of happiness.

It's hard to see when we will see the back of him, noone at the club ever seems to question anything he does, he's always got their support, noone ever comes out to address the fans, like one guy said on AFTV don't just tell the fans to ask questions at the AGM where questions are pre-authorised before being allowed, come out and face the fans and answer their questions.

It's embarrassing that they refuse to answer questions they feel are too awkward for them. The damage Wenger has done to this club is unspeakable, there's so much wrong with it on so many levels it' embarrassing, it would be far easier to list what's right than what's wrong.

GP
14-03-2016, 03:20 PM

Win/win

fakeyank
14-03-2016, 03:31 PM
It's hard to see when we will see the back of him

Lord knows the board has no cojones to do anything about him.. I am just hoping age catches up to him before anything else. He is 66 now, and these rich dudes usually stay healthy pretty long. So another 20 years may be. I'll be 51 then.. :ilt:

Kano
14-03-2016, 03:39 PM
It's hard to see when we will see the back of him, noone at the club ever seems to question anything he does, he's always got their support, noone ever comes out to address the fans, like one guy said on AFTV don't just tell the fans to ask questions at the AGM where questions are pre-authorised before being allowed, come out and face the fans and answer their questions.

It's embarrassing that they refuse to answer questions they feel are too awkward for them. The damage Wenger has done to this club is unspeakable, there's so much wrong with it on so many levels it' embarrassing, it would be far easier to list what's right than what's wrong.

I haven't seen you this happy in ages.

Power n Glory
14-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Wright is an idiot, he can't seem to make up his mind. Mind you it seems hip in the "famous" circle to back Wenger, Beckham was backing him on twitter earlier saying Arsenal fans are a disgrace for wanting him gone?! :lol:

Shame about Beckham but he's an outsider so wouldn't really understand. What annoys me about Wright is that he's been right there going at Wenger himself. :lol: He's entitled to change his opinion but no need to have a go at the fans. Keep out of it.

Özim
14-03-2016, 03:49 PM

I'm not happy as the specialist in failure is still here.

Munchies
14-03-2016, 04:01 PM
http://le-grove.co.uk/2016/03/14/wenger-can-go-the-easy-way-or-the-ugly-way-but-its-clear-the-end-is-upon-us/

Letters
14-03-2016, 04:27 PM

He was punching the air when Watford got their 2nd yesterday, no doubt.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-03-2016, 04:31 PM

No the media were shit stirring by suggesting he was about to sign a contract extension during a run of bad form.

He's no doubt making a rod for his own back with his responses, but when it comes down to brass tacks I tend to think he resents media intrusion into what is a private matter.
Irrespective of whether he is under pressure or not (and yes of course he should be) he's not going to come out and say so....I mean why would you.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-03-2016, 04:36 PM

He was punching the air when Watford got their 2nd yesterday, no doubt.

Anyone who wants the team to lose to spite the manager isn't a fan, it's as simple as that

It's that same kind of mentality that makes Chelsea players cunts.

Power n Glory
14-03-2016, 04:51 PM
It's equally 'cuntish' to suggest anyone here isn't an Arsenal fan or is happy with what's been happening over the past few weeks. Some on here have been frustrated with the manager for years and some have only just hit the boiling point but there isn't really need to start with the bullshit on here. It's bad enough seeing the media trying to conjure up this 'ungrateful Arsenal fans' story and fans fighting in the stands.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-03-2016, 05:00 PM
It's equally 'cuntish' to suggest anyone here isn't an Arsenal fan or is happy with what's been happening over the past few weeks. Some on here have been frustrated with the manager for years and some have only just hit the boiling point but there isn't really need to start with the bullshit on here. It's bad enough seeing the media trying to conjure up this 'ungrateful Arsenal fans' story and fans fighting in the stands.

I'm suggesting one individual clearly delights in us losing, that individual definitely doesn't represent the core fanbase who are devastatingly disappointed even though it was predictable, because in matters of football you do allow the heart to rule the head.
Where is Zim when there are good results, not just this season but in general. The guy feeds off the negativity.

The responses to Wenger on here are 95% within my own line of thinking, I want him to go and can think of no reason for him to stay beyond the end of the season.

But I don't welcome defeat to make that more likely an occurrence, can Zim really say the same?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-03-2016, 05:09 PM
And fans who came to physical blows with each other outside the stadium I've no time for anyway, cretinous behaviour from people who most likely don't need much justification to become violent.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2016, 05:26 PM
And fans who came to physical blows with each other outside the stadium I've no time for anyway, cretinous behaviour from people who most likely don't need much justification to become violent.

Not sure any of it happened, not unless more information has cropped up. The people who were there say it was a bit of shouting and fronting up that amounted to nothing.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Not sure any of it happened, not unless more information has cropped up. The people who were there say it was a bit of shouting and fronting up that amounted to nothing.

Saw video and that tends to affirm what you just said, but either way it's unedifying and undignified.

Power n Glory
14-03-2016, 05:56 PM
I'm suggesting one individual clearly delights in us losing, that individual definitely doesn't represent the core fanbase who are devastatingly disappointed even though it was predictable, because in matters of football you do allow the heart to rule the head.
Where is Zim when there are good results, not just this season but in general. The guy feeds off the negativity.

The responses to Wenger on here are 95% within my own line of thinking, I want him to go and can think of no reason for him to stay beyond the end of the season.

But I don't welcome defeat to make that more likely an occurrence, can Zim really say the same?

Traffic goes into overdrive after bad results and people tend to vent. Hence the emergence of Arsenal Fan TV and some of the characters.

It's not as if he's come in here sniping at posters with 'I told you so' but I think his presence on the board causes some resentment. :lol: It's because you know deep down that some of the things been said were right and a lot of fans have lost it with Wenger.

Globalgunner
14-03-2016, 06:04 PM

I dont know what you are on about but its basically nonsense. Zim has been right about Wenger for years while the most of you have been saying the opposite. The signs have been there for years but the yearly St Totteringhams cup has been keeping many of you sated, buying into the 2% away from domination fools gold stories.
Its been widely stated that if things dont get worse, then Wenger wont go. Another 3rd FA cup this year and you would probably be chortling 3 in a row. Wenger delivers the barest minimum, has done for a decade now. Do you think Wenger will ever leave on his own steam?. 2 years ago. You and I discussed the possibility of Wenger extending his current contract, you didnt believe it possible. If the conditions were right you can bet he would. Time has not moved on for him, every season he believes he is going to fulfill great expectations. Players leave after seeing his ineffective methods yield failure after failure, we blame the players. Yes its not appropo to say I told you so, but a few of us actually did, years ago, So instead on railing on Zim for telling you what you wished not to hear, you should suck it up and stop feigning offence.
Some fool a few months back said Wenger haters blamed Wenger for all the problems in their life, Bullshit!. We are here for the club, not Wenger, seeing mediocrity passed off as competing is not for everyone. I personally see no reason to apologise for that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-03-2016, 06:16 PM
No this is a guy who openly stated that he wouldn't want us to win the title even if he thought it was possible because we didn't deserve it, no you should want us to win it because this is the club you profess to support.

Wenger rage is ephemeral, I first started calling for his head after the 8-2 game in 2011 (rather foolishly in hindsight I said that Van Gaal was the man to come in short term and replace him). It isn't blinkered faith in the manager that causes fans to hope for the best despite there being evidence to suggest a collapse was predictable, it's just ultimately acknowledging the powerlessness of the fans in the situation and what we think is irrelevant.
Equally to fold your arms like a smug gloating git and say "I told you so" doesn't mean any greater insight into the game.

Power n Glory
14-03-2016, 06:34 PM
No this is a guy who openly stated that he wouldn't want us to win the title even if he thought it was possible because we didn't deserve it, no you should want us to win it because this is the club you profess to support.

Wenger rage is ephemeral, I first started calling for his head after the 8-2 game in 2011 (rather foolishly in hindsight I said that Van Gaal was the man to come in short term and replace him). It isn't blinkered faith in the manager that causes fans to hope for the best despite there being evidence to suggest a collapse was predictable, it's just ultimately acknowledging the powerlessness of the fans in the situation and what we think is irrelevant.
Equally to fold your arms like a smug gloating git and say "I told you so" doesn't mean any greater insight into the game.

A few years back a few posters were making the argument that City and Chelsea fans shouldn't be celebrating their title wins because the titles were bought. So why is it so hard to understand that some fans feel we don't deserve the title with the way we're playing? I understand that point of view.

It's bad enough we've had to depend on our rivals being the weakest but seeing us struggle like this is truly pathetic. Plus I'm torn. Regardless of the outcome, I don't want Wenger here any longer. It's a catch 22 because of he wins the title he'll feel vindication and it will be business as usual. I can't stomach that just as much as I can't stomach this total embarrassment.

Me personally, if we manage to win the title, it won't be the one to shout about. Also, there really isn't any need to clarify your stance on Wenger for this one. It's not really relevant. It doesn't make you more or less of a fan whichever way you swing.

Xhaka Can’t
14-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Saw video and that tends to affirm what you just said, but either way it's unedifying and undignified.

Not unlike your face.

Letters
14-03-2016, 06:40 PM

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Not unlike your face.

You bastard. I did all the set up graft on that and was looking forward to the punch line.

Thanks. You're welcome.

Kano
14-03-2016, 06:50 PM
I dont know what you are on about but its basically nonsense. Zim has been right about Wenger for years while the most of you have been saying the opposite. The signs have been there for years but the yearly St Totteringhams cup has been keeping many of you sated, buying into the 2% away from domination fools gold stories.
Its been widely stated that if things dont get worse, then Wenger wont go. Another 3rd FA cup this year and you would probably be chortling 3 in a row. Wenger delivers the barest minimum, has done for a decade now. Do you think Wenger will ever leave on his own steam?. 2 years ago. You and I discussed the possibility of Wenger extending his current contract, you didnt believe it possible. If the conditions were right you can bet he would. Time has not moved on for him, every season he believes he is going to fulfill great expectations. Players leave after seeing his ineffective methods yield failure after failure, we blame the players. Yes its not appropo to say I told you so, but a few of us actually did, years ago, So instead on railing on Zim for telling you what you wished not to hear, you should suck it up and stop feigning offence.
Some fool a few months back said Wenger haters blamed Wenger for all the problems in their life, Bullshit!. We are here for the club, not Wenger, seeing mediocrity passed off as competing is not for everyone. I personally see no reason to apologise for that.
The easiest thing to do is predict doom and gloom because inevitably everything comes to an end so most of the time you'll be proved right. The hardest thing to do in any aspect of life is to remain positive and try to see the best in things. If people were wrong to think that, big deal. Half the point of following a team is escape and hope that they can put a smile on your face after 90 minutes. No fan is naive for wanting that or believing Wenger could have done that for them. I can be extremely cynical about a lot of things but even I recognise it's an easier position to take when I step back from it.

And quite frankly no-one cares who said what years ago. Do you win extra internet points for making a 50/50 call and getting it right? Not exactly Nostradamus levels of predictions going on there. Once people have been told 'I told you so' then what happens next? Most of us fans are stuck in the same boat in terms of our emotions, so right or wrong years ago, we're all feeling shit now. The whole pro/anti Wenger split amongst Arsenal fans has been absolutely pathetic to see. One calling the other one names because of the manager when in reality we're all here for the same thing; to support and want the best for Arsenal.

I think it was Master Splinter (poster) who jokingly said that about blaming Wenger for the problems in our life, given the endless e-rage and abuse that gets thrown at the manager by muppets desperate to vent their anger online. Wishing injuries on players, ill health on the manager, hoping for defeats and calling everyone a cunt. If ever a word has lost its effectiveness recently it is definitely that one.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-03-2016, 06:53 PM
A few years back a few posters were making the argument that City and Chelsea fans shouldn't be celebrating their title wins because the titles were bought. So why is it so hard to understand that some fans feel we don't deserve the title with the way we're playing? I understand that point of view.

It's bad enough we've had to depend on our rivals being the weakest but seeing us struggle like this is truly pathetic. Plus I'm torn. Regardless of the outcome, I don't want Wenger here any longer. It's a catch 22 because of he wins the title he'll feel vindication and it will be business as usual. I can't stomach that just as much as I can't stomach this total embarrassment.

Me personally, if we manage to win the title, it won't be the one to shout about. Also, there really isn't any need to clarify your stance on Wenger for this one. It's not really relevant. It doesn't make you more or less of a fan whichever way you swing.

Deserved or not, it's ridiculous for a fan to say they'd rather we didn't win it. We haven't won it in 12 years it would be absurd to be anything other than celebratory if we somehow managed it.
Does it change anything? No clearly not, I have no issues with fans who say Wenger should go even if we did win the title it would for me make perfect sense for him to go out on a high.

But bottom line is this is Arsenal football club and it's acceptable for a fan to detest the manager, detest the players, detest the style of football we play but it's not acceptable to hope we don't win things.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-03-2016, 06:56 PM
You bastard. I did all the set up graft on that and was looking forward to the punch line.

Thanks. You're welcome.

You showed plenty of spirit and desire, but you typed a little bit with the handbrake on.

Özim
14-03-2016, 07:29 PM

I guess the problem with you is your a shortermist, you want us to win the title that's fine, what is abundantly clear is however that if we do win the title there isn't a hope Wenger will move on, quite the opposite in fact, so to say you want us to win the title but want to see Wenger gone isn't a logical option.

The way I see it we've been absolutely awful, to win the title whilst playing so poorly and struggling for most of the season would really devalue it for me, the fact it would pretty much guarantee there would be no hope of Wenger going anytime in the near of medium term future would also be a big negative as it's clear the guy can't take us further.

We need change and winning the title in a season when every other top team has struggled and a team who battled relegation last season are our biggest rival would hardly be that great an achievement.

The sad fact is I get no pleasure out of this team, it's disjointed, lacks quality, struggles to score and defend and in any normal season would be nowhere near any major prize, to win it would be a false dawn, I've grown up watching teams winning titles not stumbling to them because everyone else can't perform, in that sense Leicester are by far the most deserving, a small budget, hard work, some clever signings and great tactics and a desire not to be beaten has got them to the top, something barely any other team has demonstrated any of.

Anyone who says they ant us to win the title but want Wenger gone isn't serious about wanting him to go in reality, because that can't and wouldn't happen, in terms of our future not winning it and Wenger going would be far better than Wenger winning it and staying on for another 6 years.

Globalgunner
14-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Deserved or not, it's ridiculous for a fan to say they'd rather we didn't win it. We haven't won it in 12 years it would be absurd to be anything other than celebratory if we somehow managed it.
Does it change anything? No clearly not, I have no issues with fans who say Wenger should go even if we did win the title it would for me make perfect sense for him to go out on a high.

But bottom line is this is Arsenal football club and it's acceptable for a fan to detest the manager, detest the players, detest the style of football we play but it's not acceptable to hope we don't win things.

Basically there is NO way in my mind we can win either the league or the CL with Wenger at the helm. It is just not in him, even when most of our rivals have gone to shit, even when we have the money and the players, Wenger will find a way to screw it up. ALWAYS does, 08/09 we were in a shout for the league, collapsed as usual. The stars can no longer align for him as other unforseen actors will come along to mess things up like we have seen this season. Not planning well, not correcting previous mistakes, not using the spectrum of resources available to him, always leaving himself a caveat for failure. These are not the hallmarks of a top manager. This is a repetitive syndrome that we have seen for a decade, while suffering a severe drop in playing style. Yes you may not like it but saying I told you so when you actually did is something that you will have to face in any other walk of life. Nobody is enjoying the quagmire that is Arsenal now. However just like any other mortal condition, we need to excise the unwanted growth now, not let it fester or hope it will just go away. Wenger wont change, thats for sure, so either the club do or the fans.

Letters
14-03-2016, 07:54 PM
Zim has not been right about Wenger for years simply because his position about Wenger is so ridiculous and extreme. Which isn't to say that everything he's said is wrong but the more extreme stuff has always been wrong and remains wrong.
It's like he has some personal vendetta against him, it's ridiculous. Even in this thread I've seen him say something about the huge amounts of 'damage' Wenger's done to the club. Bullshit. He'll leave us in a far better state than he found us.

St Totteringham's day did NOT keep people 'sated' and no-one believed we were 2% away from domination. There were times in the barren years when he probably should have been sacked, the FA Cup was a massive relief and arguably bought him a couple of more seasons. And yes, 3 FA Cups in a row would have been nice but I have consistently said - and I'm generally thought to be Wenger's biggest defender on here - that we need to push on and properly challenge for the title this year. We should have last year, IMO retaining the Cup bought him one last chance. So yes, it would have been nice to win the Cup but with the way the league season is panning out it wouldn't have been enough.

If you think that 3rd and the FA Cup is the barest minimum, or 'mediocrity' then that is a massive compliment to Wenger, before he came to the club that would have been seen as a very good season. The people saying, or thinking, 'I told you so' now also said we'd drop out of the top 4 because of the 'decline' Wenger had us in. They said we'd never win another trophy under Wenger - now of course we have so those people (delirious at the time we won the first one) are now dismissing it as a trophy they don't care about. And yes, it does get up people's noses when everyone else is leaping round the room after that goal against Leicester and Zim seems so bitter about it - his hatred of Wenger is so extreme it seems he can't bear us doing anything positive.

We need to move on from Wenger, that is increasingly clear.
But that doesn't mean the more extreme views about him are correct.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2016, 08:57 PM
Even in this thread I've seen him say something about the huge amounts of 'damage' Wenger's done to the club. Bullshit. He'll leave us in a far better state than he found us.

That has become highly debatable. At least we were a football club before Wenger arrived. We won't be one, in any sense important to the fans, by the time he leaves. So there's an argument that could be made stating Wenger has not only damaged but destroyed the club beyond recovery.

Power n Glory
14-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Zim has not been right about Wenger for years simply because his position about Wenger is so ridiculous and extreme. Which isn't to say that everything he's said is wrong but the more extreme stuff has always been wrong and remains wrong.
It's like he has some personal vendetta against him, it's ridiculous. Even in this thread I've seen him say something about the huge amounts of 'damage' Wenger's done to the club. Bullshit. He'll leave us in a far better state than he found us.

St Totteringham's day did NOT keep people 'sated' and no-one believed we were 2% away from domination. There were times in the barren years when he probably should have been sacked, the FA Cup was a massive relief and arguably bought him a couple of more seasons. And yes, 3 FA Cups in a row would have been nice but I have consistently said - and I'm generally thought to be Wenger's biggest defender on here - that we need to push on and properly challenge for the title this year. We should have last year, IMO retaining the Cup bought him one last chance. So yes, it would have been nice to win the Cup but with the way the league season is panning out it wouldn't have been enough.

If you think that 3rd and the FA Cup is the barest minimum, or 'mediocrity' then that is a massive compliment to Wenger, before he came to the club that would have been seen as a very good season. The people saying, or thinking, 'I told you so' now also said we'd drop out of the top 4 because of the 'decline' Wenger had us in. They said we'd never win another trophy under Wenger - now of course we have so those people (delirious at the time we won the first one) are now dismissing it as a trophy they don't care about. And yes, it does get up people's noses when everyone else is leaping round the room after that goal against Leicester and Zim seems so bitter about it - his hatred of Wenger is so extreme it seems he can't bear us doing anything positive.

We need to move on from Wenger, that is increasingly clear.
But that doesn't mean the more extreme views about him are correct.

What views have been extreme? The lack of spending? Being a poor tactician? The poor man management? Poor handling of injuries? Being too eager to please the Board, fleece the fans and make them a profit? Being to rigid and stubborn to adapt to change? Project youth being a failure? Wenger running out of ideas and running on empty?

What's extreme about any of it? Filter out of the tone or whatever it is you find offensive about the posting style and you'll find a lot of truth in what's been said over the years. And it's not just a case of doom mongers predicting failure. That's bollocks. It's very specific about his failings as a manager along with his character. The most disappointing thing for me about Wenger is seeing how his thoughts align so closely with Kronke's and the rest of the Board. He talks as if we're a brand sometimes, as if the fans are just customers and seems to have no conscience about the ticket prices. He seems completely detached from some of the recent comments made.

Power n Glory
14-03-2016, 09:31 PM

It's not, because if you understand why a fans want Wenger gone regardless of us winning the title, it's not a far stretch to understand why someone would think a win would just result in him getting a contract extension and feeling vindicated. When you can't stand to watch another season of us play this way, it's understandable. I'm almost at that point myself. I really can't bear another season of this same shite! So what's the point in all this if you can't stand the way we play and prepared to switch off? And it's not as if we deserve the title or it's something we can feel proud of. You can't speak for every fan on this one because I've heard others say similar. Leicester City are pulling off the ultimate giant slaying. David and Goliath. Against all odds they've been on top of this fight and it's embarrassing for us and the rest of the teams. But if we some how muster up our last bit of strength to beat them at the end, is it really something to beat our chests about? Not really imo. It's a bit of sour victory. Totally different scenario but a similar feeling, like seeing a cup final game decided by a penalty that our player blatantly dived for. Not really the glorious ending we hoped for.

Marc Overmars
14-03-2016, 09:50 PM
It would be somewhat of a hollow title win but I'd still celebrate the fuck out of it. I've never understood the notion of losing for the greater good.

Power n Glory
14-03-2016, 10:01 PM
It's not even a case of the greater good. It's the thought of more years with Wenger that's putting people off. I want the league title again and I don't know what the heck happens with us if Spurs win it.

It's really a catch 22.

Munchies
14-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Leicester will win it

This season will always be remembered as the biggest bottle job in our history.

Munchies
14-03-2016, 10:05 PM
When Arsenal beat Newcastle on Jan 2nd, we went 2 points clear. That's a 13-point swing in just 2 months. Collapse of epic proportions.

Letters
14-03-2016, 10:06 PM
That has become highly debatable. At least we were a football club before Wenger arrived. We won't be one, in any sense important to the fans, by the time he leaves. So there's an argument that could be made stating Wenger has not only damaged but destroyed the club beyond recovery.

Isn't that just how football has gone generally though? I'm not sure Wenger is complicit in that.
Football has gone down the pan generally, I blame Sky for that more than any individual.

Edit: this is another reason why we have to be Leicester fans now, it would be the best thing to happen in football for decades if they win it.

Munchies
14-03-2016, 10:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdiR2lEWAAA11hj.jpg

When it's 2053 & you're about to tell the grandchildren about the time Arsenal bottled the league & Leicester won it

Munchies
14-03-2016, 10:14 PM
It's happening guys!!

https://twitter.com/diegocora_ESPN/status/709487304088260609

The #Arsenal seeks to substitute to #Wenger, which like most are #Pellegrini and #Simeone.

ESPN journalist just put this out. Chances are non existent, but let's hope these BS rumours keep going on

Marc Overmars
14-03-2016, 10:15 PM
It's not even a case of the greater good. It's the thought of more years with Wenger that's putting people off. I want the league title again and I don't know what the heck happens with us if Spurs win it.

It's really a catch 22.

It would only take a lousy defence of the title for him to be berated again anyway. Win, lose or draw opinion of him has been soured too much now.

GP
IF it's Pelligrini I'm going to burn Letters' house down.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
It would be somewhat of a hollow title win but I'd still celebrate the fuck out of it. I've never understood the notion of losing for the greater good.

To do anything other than in my view is to put your dislike of Wenger above wanting the club to win.

Frankly if you win the league comprised of 38 games you deserve to win it, it's absurd to suggest otherwise.

Leicester will win the league and will be deserving but if they went into meltdown and uncharacteristically we capatalised then it's deserved.

We don't deserve to win it as things stand, but if that unlikely reversal of fortune occurred than of course we'd deserve it.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Isn't that just how football has gone generally though? I'm not sure Wenger is complicit in that.
Football has gone down the pan generally, I blame Sky for that more than any individual.

Yes, maybe so. Which is why it's good to see Leicester winning a title. If we can't do it, and let's be clear - we really, really can't do it - then we may be seeing the last ever "Small 15" club achieving it. Fitting considering the way the "big" clubs have ruined football. As for Wenger being complicit, you only have to listen to him to figure it out. Judge him by his words and actions. Sky is a private company that will always do what it takes to make a profit, regardless of who is affected or what is ruined in the process. They are doing what corporations do. It's the bastards that invited them in and the greedy animals at the already wealthy clubs, the corrupt swine in the senior positions in the game. Certainly not Wenger's fault alone, far from it, but he's been in there playing his role.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2016, 10:17 PM
It's happening guys!!

https://twitter.com/diegocora_ESPN/status/709487304088260609

The #Arsenal seeks to substitute to #Wenger, which like most are #Pellegrini and #Simeone.

ESPN journalist just put this out. Chances are non existent, but let's hope these BS rumours keep going on

I don't believe a word of it. I also disapprove of the grammar. Shocking.

Munchies
14-03-2016, 10:19 PM
I don't believe a word of it. I also disapprove of the grammar. Shocking.

It was in his language lol, I clicked the translate option but yeah, 0 chances of it happening.

Atleast we're seeing people being linked to it now, was a no go area before