PDA

View Full Version : Maureen at Arsenal?

Munchies
21-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Lots of paper talk linking us with Maureen today, would you guys want him?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/711953703658455040/y4Qwxldn.jpg

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2016, 06:19 PM
No absolutely not

What would be the point, the guy wouldn't last more than a few seasons simply because he is too unwell to just do his job and not create emnity with all around him.
We know that we are no longer playing the best football under Wenger, but for Mourinho that would be something to be proud of.

Kano
21-03-2016, 06:25 PM
:haha:

no

It would never ever happen because Wenger would never allow it to.

fakeyank
21-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Rather Wenger gets another 3 year deal than get this despicable human filth near our club.

Marc Overmars
21-03-2016, 06:44 PM
No chance in hell Wenger would green light him as his successor.

GP
21-03-2016, 06:58 PM
No.

selassie
21-03-2016, 07:22 PM
:haha:

alexander
21-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Yes.

Just for the shits and giggles. we will win something, then it will all go mental after that.

Be more exciting than the predictable seasons we have now :trophy:

Power n Glory
21-03-2016, 07:54 PM
This would really piss Wenger off. :lol:

Piss off a few Chelsea and Arsenal fans in the process. If you say we need cynical players at Arsenal to win again, start from the top. An absolute scumbag of a coach but I have no problem with a back to basics, know how to defend coach coming in for a period and we can build from there.

Not really fussed about who comes in to be honest. As long as Wenger steps down and we don't bring in a complete doughnut with no credentials.

hobson's choice
21-03-2016, 08:43 PM
No

Letters
21-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Rather Wenger gets another 3 year deal than get this despicable human filth near our club.

Wow :lol:

And yeah, pretty much.

GP
21-03-2016, 08:51 PM
We absolutely need a change of manager.

But if the choice is simply Wenger or Mourinho, then Wenger can stay as long as he likes.

The Emirates Gallactico
21-03-2016, 09:19 PM
No. Whilst I've been tempted at our darkest points, there's just simply too much acrimony between him and the club. He's a vile despicable cunt.

Bumble
21-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Tough one but think I would graciously decline.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2016, 10:42 PM
He would never go to Liverpool or Arsenal, because like any narcassist he'd want to go where he is loved and he knows that both sets of fans despise him.

Mourinho likes to be somewhere where he is bigger than the club, it was the case at Porto, Chelsea and Inter but not at Real Madrid where the fans also hated him.

Kano
21-03-2016, 10:55 PM
Look at how many 'football men' work at the top level of the club. Wenger has carefully positioned himself so there is very little threat underneath or next to him. Fergie did the exact same thing. Anyone who is given free reign to work would do the same to protect their own interests, it's just human nature to become overly egotistical with so much power and very little challenge. Above him his employers desperately rely on and respect his opinion on football related matters.

He will pick the next manager, no-one else.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-03-2016, 11:02 PM
To play devil's advocate, is the special ones 3 year phoenix cycle relevant in an era in which Wenger's end of reign signals the end of long term management?

To be clear and answer the actual question, I wouldn't personally want him here for my own personal reasons not unlike anyone else's....and I didn't want Suarez here either for that matter.

The question does go some way in demonstrating that we cannot simply have, 'anyone but Wenger'.....which was part of the reason I asked the silly Coyle or Wenger question.

Letters
22-03-2016, 07:21 AM
To play devil's advocate

First time I've seen that phrase used and meant literally <_<

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-03-2016, 07:28 AM
To say literally anyone but Wenger is moronic, the whole point of wanting Wenger to move on is that we would get someone in capable of taking us forward.

Xhaka Can’t
22-03-2016, 08:21 AM
I would take the actively not support Arsenal while Mourinho was in charge. This Club can test your support at times, but for me, this would be a test to far.

I don't say this for attention, I say it because it is how I genuinely feel.

GP
22-03-2016, 08:32 AM
First time I've seen that phrase used and meant literally <_<

https://postmediaprovince.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/devils_advocate_500.jpg

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Maureen would win the title in his first year. This would utterly humiliate Wenger. Kroenke would have to hate Wenger to hire Satan's helper and he doesn't so it won't happen and these are pretty ridiculous rumours wherever they are coming from. Maureen himself, probably.

alexander
22-03-2016, 09:48 AM
One thing is for sure, he is like marmite to us football fans. Does anyone think we would grow to love him, the Chelsea fans think (thought?) the sun shines out his backside.

Or is it just because 95% of them are mouth breathers?!

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2016, 09:52 AM
One thing is for sure, he is like marmite to us football fans. Does anyone think we would grow to love him, the Chelsea fans think (thought?) the sun shines out his backside.

Or is it just because 95% of them are mouth breathers?!

Could Arsenal fans come to love Ruud van Nistlerooy? It's the same sort of thing, only twice as bad.

Marc Overmars
22-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Most fans are fickle so if he was appointed and we won the league, I'm sure he would be accepted. Loved though? Not in a million fucking years. He was still heavily disliked at Real Madrid despite winning the cup and title at the expense of Barca.

alexander
22-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Could Arsenal fans come to love Ruud van Nistlerooy? It's the same sort of thing, only twice as bad.

honestly, if he had come to us from them in his prime, banged in 30 goals 3 seasons running, then I reckon I would have been swayed! :spicy:

alexander
22-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Most fans are fickle so if he was appointed and we won the league, I'm sure he would be accepted. Loved though? Not in a million fucking years. He was still heavily disliked at Real Madrid despite winning the cup and title at the expense of Barca.

good point

AFC Leveller
22-03-2016, 10:05 AM
No. Way.

A despicable human being, a horrible person in general and one of our biggest enemies in Football.

Thanks, though.

Power n Glory
22-03-2016, 11:39 AM
I can't see Mourinho joining another London club and I can't see him passing up the opportunity to join Man Utd....that's if Utd are pursuing.

But would be interesting to see what someone else can do with this team.

I am invisible
22-03-2016, 03:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/711953703658455040/y4Qwxldn.jpg

https://iwanticewater.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/you-there-fuck-off-trollable.jpg

Globalgunner
22-03-2016, 04:45 PM
My guess is that Mourinho will go to PSG and Laurent Blanc replace LVG

Xhaka Can’t
22-03-2016, 07:46 PM
https://iwanticewater.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/you-there-fuck-off-trollable.jpg

And take the three fucking dickheads on this poll with you.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-03-2016, 08:03 PM
My guess is that Mourinho will go to PSG and Laurent Blanc replace LVG

No he's going to be United manager next season, it's a done deal.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Maureen would win the title in his first year. This would utterly humiliate Wenger. Kroenke would have to hate Wenger to hire Satan's helper and he doesn't so it won't happen and these are pretty ridiculous rumours wherever they are coming from. Maureen himself, probably.

Would he though???

Power n Glory
22-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Would he though???

Who knows. We know for certain Wenger won't win it next year. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Would he though???

Next year our big rivals all get new managers. Will take some time for them to settle. Offers one more window for a more stable club to come through. Maureen could mould us into a soul crushing 1-0 unit, that's his speciality. So could many other managers win with our squad though. One of the few who can't is the guy we have got.

Dicks and chicks
23-03-2016, 11:54 AM
rather owen coyle tbh

Coney
23-03-2016, 07:04 PM
He's a vile despicable cunt.

I'll go along with that. :good:

Letters
23-03-2016, 07:11 PM
Next year our big rivals all get new managers. Will take some time for them to settle. Offers one more window for a more stable club to come through.
#WengerIn?

:dance:

Coney
23-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Just been watching 'Fever Pitch' again. Season is not over yet. Funny watching 'Arsenal under George Graham' and the supporters saying how they will fuck it up yet again. Such a familiar ring to it..
"Mertesacker, right at the end"... ?

Letters
23-03-2016, 07:21 PM
I do fancy us to go on a run now and overtake Spurs but it would have to be an Arsenalesque collapse from Leicester for us to be Champions.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2016, 07:22 PM
#WengerIn?

:dance:

He's in anyway. I have been through the anger period, disbelief period, now I am in the hopeless acceptance period.

Letters
23-03-2016, 08:01 PM
:lol:

Kano
23-03-2016, 08:33 PM
I do fancy us to go on a run now and overtake Spurs but it would have to be an Arsenalesque collapse from Leicester for us to be Champions.

This is as good as it get this season. Spurs don't look like they are likely to drop many points, the only hope we have is if Pottechino has another lousy last batch of games as he has done every season so far. No St Totteringham day this season. I still think Spuds will go on to win the thing.

Letters
23-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Spurs still have Liverpool, Stoke and Chelsea away and Utd at home.
They'll drop points.
If we go on one of our runs we'll overtake them.

Marc Overmars
23-03-2016, 09:54 PM
Depends what run tbh. We're famed for both kinds.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2016, 09:57 PM
We have to beat Watford at home next. Should be easy...

Oh right.

fakeyank
23-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Spurs still have Liverpool, Stoke and Chelsea away and Utd at home.
They'll drop points.
If we go on one of our runs we'll overtake them.

IF Leicester end up winning the league, I certainly hope we come behind spurs. I can see that raising the temperature on Mugabe.

Letters
23-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Depends what run tbh. We're famed for both kinds.

We are and we've had both this season so in the spirit of mixing it up I expect us to go on the good kind now, we were very good at Everton.

Bumble
24-03-2016, 08:36 AM
We are and we've had both this season so in the spirit of mixing it up I expect us to go on the good kind now, we were very good at Everton.

although we didn't need to be that good as everton were awful.... and really only playing for the cup now. the problem is if we go on one of our good runs til the end of the season. it would just paper over the cracks really. what we need to do is stumble and stutter into 2nd place a distance behind leicester but ahead of spurs just to show that things need to be done. not go on a 7 or 8 game run and finish within 3 points of Leicester although even if we do win all our games I still don't think we would catch Leicester.

Letters
24-03-2016, 08:43 AM
I don't think anyone (not even me) would be fooled by a good run even if it does haul us into 2nd. But it would be better than finishing below Spurs so if we do that then I'll take it.
St Totts' Day is the only small enjoyment we can wring out of this season now :(

The Wengerbabies
24-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Absolutely.

The guy is a winner. He knows what it takes. We have been stuck in a rut for 10 years now and this season the league was gift wrapped for us, yet we are stilled determined to finish fourth.

Wenger is a disgrace, what he has done to this club is remarkable.