PDA

View Full Version : we need better leaders not better players

Dicks and chicks
11-04-2016, 03:38 PM
This squad lacks leadership quality. Get zlatan in tbh

alexander
11-04-2016, 04:53 PM
I posted somewhere the other day about us lacking leadership on the pitch. I know Wenger doesnt give a toss for captains, but I believe if we had an Adams or Viera style player out there, we would be a lot stronger and lose a lot less games.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-04-2016, 05:01 PM
It needs both

Some of our players not only lack character and guile, they lack technical ability as well.

fakeyank
11-04-2016, 05:01 PM
This squad lacks leadership quality. Get zlatan in tbh

We need a better manager. Period.

Bumble
12-04-2016, 07:47 AM
It needs both

Some of our players not only lack character and guile, they lack technical ability as well.

We need to be better organised and defensively sound. Leicester and Spurs don't have an array of technically gifted players. Leicester are very well organised and haven't conceded for 5 games. Spurs are quite mobile with a strong spine.

We are sloppy.

Dicks and chicks
12-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Cant belive we ant in for zlatan tbh

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2016, 11:18 AM

You think he'd put up with the shit that goes on here? Playing for second best all the time? This guy must have won more titles than any other player. He always seems to be at the right club at the right time. Why on earth would he consider the 4th Place Champions for his final bow? And apparently he wants a ludicrous lump of cash every week, so we won't want him either. This seems like the most unlikely transfer conceivable.

Marc Overmars
12-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Wenger could never manage a personality like Zlatan.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-04-2016, 11:36 AM
We need to be better organised and defensively sound. Leicester and Spurs don't have an array of technically gifted players. Leicester are very well organised and haven't conceded for 5 games. Spurs are quite mobile with a strong spine.

We are sloppy.

You don't think then that this season is something of an outlier and that in the majority of seasons it's a case of who spends the most on players that are both technically gifted and have character and guile.

Plus i think the Spurs side are incredibly technically gifted in areas, they without doubt have played the best football this season.

Kano
12-04-2016, 11:39 AM

a 34-year old who's been coasting in the French league for the past two seasons. Turns 35 in October. You think he'd be up for playing against the shitkickers in the Prem every week? An amazing talent once, not anymore. A waste of money for one season that he would make all about him. Almost as bad as wanting to buy in Vardy.

Kano
12-04-2016, 11:43 AM
You don't think then that this season is something of an outlier and that in the majority of seasons it's a case of who spends the most on players that are both technically gifted and have character and guile.
Usually but tactics have trickled down from coaches who admire Bielsa - Pep, Klopp, Simeone and Pochettino and counter-attacking is something countless teams have taken up and used this season. It's certainly what Leicester have done too.

GP
12-04-2016, 11:52 AM
a 34-year old who's been coasting in the French league for the past two seasons. Turns 35 in October. You think he'd be up for playing against the shitkickers in the Prem every week? An amazing talent once, not anymore. A waste of money for one season that he would make all about him. Almost as bad as wanting to buy in Vardy.

I tend to agree. If he was 6 years younger, sure. But it would be a short term solution to a long term problem.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-04-2016, 12:03 PM
I don't know exactly what the tax loopholes are like in France but given that the top rate of tax is considerably higher in France than it is England, you'd imagine this would be a consideration for Ibra.

Power n Glory
12-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Leadership needed from top to bottom. On the playing side, I was listening to the Arseblog podcast and someone that wrote in mentioned Mourinho's way of having specific instructions for how the team are to set up depending on match circumstances. So if his team are a goal or two up with a few minutes left at half time, they'd know automatically how to set up. A goal down, they'd know how the coach expects them to play. It's pretty clear we don't have this going on with our set up.

Coney
12-04-2016, 10:15 PM
I posted somewhere the other day about us lacking leadership on the pitch. I know Wenger doesnt give a toss for captains, but I believe if we had an Adams or Viera style player out there, we would be a lot stronger and lose a lot less games.

:good: On my Emirates Tour, John Radford said he and some of the other ex-players thought that too - we need someone to drive the players on the pitch.

And a decent striker.