PDA

View Full Version : The Top 4 Trophy

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Don't mean to brag, but we're odds on favourites to retain our Top 4 Trophy yet again.

That's 224 years in a row now, or to seems that way. A long time anyway.

But I'm aware that some fans have started to take this routine success for granted and have even suggested Wenger doesn't deserve plaudits and petals for guiding us to the Last 16 Cup every year.

Some have watched mancs and chavs and gypos and now even Leicester fans all rattle on about competing for titles. Rude and ungrateful maybe. But I wonder. Now that the fucking SPUDS are starting to talk about titles, how do we feel with our 4th Place Trophy and Last 16 Moral Superiority Heroic Failure Sustainability Cup?

Does it still taste as sweet? Are we going to have a parade? Do we need to get the artists in so they can work up portraits of the 4th place genius?

Xhaka Can’t
18-04-2016, 09:23 PM
The fourth is with us.

Letters
18-04-2016, 09:25 PM
WUMming :bow:

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2016, 09:27 PM
WUMming :bow:

No.

It's straight out taking the piss.

I thought it was time to have a right good laugh at the poor saps who still speak up for this idiot.

fakeyank
18-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Soon we will be making DVD's when we win against the likes of Sp*rs and Leicester :bow:

Globalgunner
18-04-2016, 09:41 PM
You guys go on as if its easy to come 4th consistently. It take a lot of qualittee, determination, togetherness and character. Also team spiwit. But overall its our qualitee that shines through. we will get 4th again. Youll see.

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Has anyone actually seen the Top 4 Trophy? Was looking for it on Google images but all I could come up with was a bunch of images taking the piss out of Wenger - for some inexplicable reason.

Munchies
18-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Has anyone actually seen the Top 4 Trophy? Was looking for it on Google images but all I could come up with was a bunch of images taking the piss out of Wenger - for some inexplicable reason.

I did a few seasons ago

lemme see if I can find the pic of it

Munchies
18-04-2016, 10:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_BMjGWVAAI8ABP.jpg

imo

Munchies
18-04-2016, 10:16 PM
Hope we don't finish in the top 4

Fuck it all

Kano
18-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Hope we don't finish in the top 4

Fuck it all

Yeah let's lose some more games. That's what we all want to see. Right on, man.

Munchies
18-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Yeah let's lose some more games. That's what we all want to see. Right on, man.

Why not? What's the alternative?

More pressure needs to go on him and the board.

Kano
18-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Why not? What's the alternative?

More pressure needs to go on him and the board.

Hope your team wins their football match. If you want your team to lose, it's time to go do something else.

Munchies
18-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Hope your team wins their football match. If you want your team to lose, it's time to go do something else.

Wenger led Arsenal, I couldn't care less.

I get all that 'stick with your team BS'

but if we get top 4, same cycle will repeat this year

He needs to go now

Marc Overmars
18-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Naturally I want us to finish as high as we can but I'd be lying if I said I was bothered about the top 4 now. That old chestnut lost its appeal years ago.

Kano
18-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Wenger led Arsenal, I couldn't care less.

I get all that 'stick with your team BS'

but if we get top 4, same cycle will repeat this year

He needs to go now

Here's the rub - he's here next season at least, no matter what.

So now the onus is on you to decide to stick around and deal with it or fill your life with something else. No one can criticise you for having enough and taking a break but don't sit there hoping for defeat and call yourself a supporter. The two don't go together. Fans are desperate for change but that isn't the route towards it.

Sticking with your team isn't bs. That's the deal. That's what you sign up to deal with no matter how shit it gets.

I can't think of a single scenario when I'd ever want my team to lose. Absolutely never. No matter how low or pissed off I am. No matter who is in charge. 3 points is always a good thing.

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Straight up question being asked on Le Grove.

Answer me this Arsenal fans, and be honest. If Arsenal lost out on Champions League and the manager was replaced by Diego Simeone, how many of you would be sad at the loss of Champions League football?

My answer is dream on. Wenger is staying and we might lose 4th place as a bonus prize from the shittiest season of his tenure.

alexander
19-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Naturally I want us to finish as high as we can but I'd be lying if I said I was bothered about the top 4 now. That old chestnut lost its appeal years ago.

I only want top 4 because I think it does help in getting players in...

Saying that, Im not sure we will try to sign anyone...

Oh I dont know anymore....

:sarcy: