PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Sunderland (away)

Pages : [1] 2

McNamara That Ghost...
24-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Wenger has to do one.

70 minutes to get rid of Bif. :haha:

Marc Overmars
24-04-2016, 03:00 PM
You must forget about the table and focus on the quality of what we do.

A point closer to the holy grail of 4th.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
We all know that we aren't signing a striker in the summer don't we?

adzzzbatch
Pathetic, just pathetic.

Letters
24-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Just pathetic how little clue they have how to score a goal.
And this against one of the worst defences in the Premier League.
Utterly toothless.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 03:02 PM
WENGER OUT

There's only one club in world football that would put up with this endless shit.

fakeyank
24-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Lord Wenger :bow:

Letters
24-04-2016, 03:04 PM
If only our fans were more enthusiastic :sulk:

Marc Overmars
We're damn lucky we have Norwich and Villa at home, otherwise I'd say United will pip us to 4th.

Just fuck off Wenger.

Niall_Quinn
We all know that we aren't signing a striker in the summer don't we?

Strikers don't just ring up asking to join (their agents do that). It is very difficult to actually sign a player you know. Much easier to have almost signed everyone. And there is very little quality and it is not available because of Euro 2016. Do not dream. But if we can do it we will talk about doing it.

Globalgunner
24-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Another 15 months of this....at least

AFC Leveller
24-04-2016, 03:07 PM
Man u have to go to Upton Park still and at home to Leicester so our beloved 4th sport is safe again this season.

From top to 4th :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Unbeaten against the Top Two, we did our bit so we can fuck it up against the remaining 17 teams.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Man u have to go to Upton Park still and at home to Leicester so our beloved 4th sport is safe again this season.

From top to 4th :lol:

I thought they were decent against Everton, if Leicester can't get it together without Vardy you can see United winning that game.
With three games to go, United have the momentum for 4th just like Spurs have the momentum for the title

And for anyone who thinks finishing outside the top four is a good thing, one we all know Wenger is here next season anyway and even if he goes it reduces our chances of getting in a decent replacement.

In fact if we finish below 4th I'd actually think Wenger was more of a cunt for leaving.

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Piss poor performance. Giroud was shit as expected. Ramsey the same. Ozil will escape criticism because he created 5 chances, so Giroud gets more blame. But Giroud was our second most creative player with 4 chances created. ;) It's not good enough all round but we'll persist with the same players. Will probably be our lowest points tally in years.

Ernesto
24-04-2016, 03:13 PM
If I was a Norwich city or Newcastle fan, I'd be seriously f***ed off with Arsenal.

Bullshit performance. Boring football. Stupid result.

If the fans are going to make a stand against Wenger by not showing up to the home games, it has to be very early next season such that a managerial change can salvage something from a transition season.

Kano
24-04-2016, 03:13 PM
I thought they were decent against Everton, if Leicester can't get it together without Vardy you can see United winning that game.
With three games to go, United have the momentum for 4th just like Spurs have the momentum for the title

And for anyone who thinks finishing outside the top four is a good thing, one we all know Wenger is here next season anyway and even if he goes it reduces our chances of getting in a decent replacement.

In fact if we finish below 4th I'd actually think Wenger was more of a cunt for leaving.

We'll finish top four because Utd are even more inconsistent and average than we are.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-04-2016, 03:14 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, speaking to Match of the Day: "I think our first half was very good. The second half is always more difficult when you play Sunday-Thursday-Sunday. We created less but could still have scored. We should have been in front in the first half.

"It leaves us having to win the next game as always. We fight against teams who fight not to go down so we prepare to fight again next Saturday."

Fight, us? Unlikely.

In all seriousness, I have to wonder what the players think of him; do they think what is this senile old goat blabbering on about or do they think, well he says the performances were ok, it's a difficult schedule so we can churn the same shit out next week unabated.

Letters
24-04-2016, 03:14 PM
Anyone got a gif of Walcott running like Roadrunner with the 'keeper in no mans land and completely missing the ball? :lol:

£140k a week, is it? :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Anyone got a gif of Walcott running like Roadrunner with the 'keeper in no mans land and completely missing the ball? :lol:

Feck, thought that was it but it isn't.

Anyway, Theo. :haha:

Dicks and chicks
24-04-2016, 03:16 PM

Shoulda given ashley cole the extention tbh

Marc Overmars
24-04-2016, 03:17 PM

I couldn't believe that, what an absolute faggot.

He had every chance of nicking the ball.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Fight, us? Unlikely.

In all seriousness, I have to wonder what the players think of him; do they think what is this senile old goat blabbering on about or do they think, well he says the performances were ok, it's a difficult schedule so we can churn the same shit out next week unabated.

They'll know a lot of this is for media consumption. But it's hard to imagine he is markedly different behind the scenes. I doubt they fear the man anymore, more likely they fear the office, 20 years and counting. The only reason he hasn't lost the dressing room is because he is the dressing room, and the boardroom, and every other room in the place including, and especially, the khazi.

Munchies
24-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Is St Totternignahms' day officially out of reach for us now?

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 03:20 PM

No, we still have to wait for the inevitable.

Well done Wenger. Nice one.

Marc Overmars

As good as. They need 4 points I think, 3 of which will inevitably be gained tomorrow.

McNamara That Ghost...
https://gfycat.com/CornyLivelyBadger

Found it.

:haha:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie

Yep and quite right too, we as fans have lauded it like an achievement where as they have been concentrating on themselves

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 03:21 PM

Found it.

We showed lots of fight I see

Marc Overmars
24-04-2016, 03:21 PM

Found it.

:doh:

What a pussy.

Kano
24-04-2016, 03:25 PM

Found it.

Fuck off Feo

selassie
24-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Didn't see it, not that surprised we dropped points, top 4 is looking touch and go now, honestly would take a 5th place finish if it meant Wenger leaving.

dostoy
24-04-2016, 03:34 PM
If I was Ozil or Sanchez I would want out of this pathetic club.

We are shit in every way possible.

I am not surprised at all we did not win today and I think that Norwich will be a tough game and we will certainly lose to Man City.

I cannot wait for this season to end, but next season will be just the same, maybe worse.

Letters
24-04-2016, 03:34 PM

Found it.

He clearly needs a pay rise.

selassie
24-04-2016, 03:46 PM
If I was Ozil or Sanchez I would want out of this pathetic club.

We are shit in every way possible.

I am not surprised at all we did not win today and I think that Norwich will be a tough game and we will certainly lose to Man City.

I cannot wait for this season to end, but next season will be just the same, maybe worse.

I doubt either of them will extend, they won't need to as they won't be short of takers.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 03:50 PM
I doubt either of them will extend, they won't need to as they won't be short of takers.

Nah. Every player dreams of 4th place. It's a major, major trophy you know. And where else will they find quality like they see here every week? I doubt they are focusing on tables and stuff like that.

selassie
24-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Nah. Every player dreams of 4th place. It's a major, major trophy you know. And where else will they find quality like they see here every week? I doubt they are focusing on tables and stuff like that.

:lol: At least Wenger has an excuse not to buy this summer, "Look, the most important thing this summer is keeping hold of all of our first team, that is more important than any signing"

Kano
24-04-2016, 04:11 PM

Ozil can go, won't be missed. Sanchez hopefully stays.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 04:22 PM

I'm the other way round, I think Sanchez is replaceable. We have no player who has scored more than 12 goals in the league and yet Ozils assist rate is very high.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm the other way round, I think Sanchez is replaceable. We have no player who has scored more than 12 goals in the league and yet Ozils assist rate is very high.

These two (and Cech) should be the start, not the end. The fact L'Imbecile has bought these players and used them to plug gaping problems, rather than use them as a springboard for building a winning squad, is down to one guy and one guy alone.

For years we've known we needed a decent keeper. So how much applause does the manager get for finally, finally dealing with that problem - years too late?

For years we'v needed a decent striker, still waiting for that. If you have Giroud and/ or Walnut up top then you are in deep shit and you can't be blaming Ozil and Alexis for that.

We all know and have seen what those two players can do. So what is the manager doing to utilise the potential there? What he's doing is making excuses. That's his full commitment to moving this team along and adding to the genuine world class players we have. Without serious commitment from the manager it doesn't really matter who we have in the team, provided we maintain a minimum standards which is precisely what we do.

Get rid of Wenger and it's a new lease of life for every player here, not just Ozil and Alexis.

Meanwhile, it's just silly to be targeting our best players for criticism because they can't single-handedly overcome the massive handicap placed on us by a long since past it manager.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Oh i agree i want to keep the both, but between the two I think Sanchez is replaceable but Ozil isn't

Munchies
24-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Jamie Redknapp :bow:

Vid on Wenger: https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/724261856416796672

Letters
24-04-2016, 04:44 PM

Oh what balls.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Oh what balls.

No, honest. Things will get better if we get rid of our best players. It will really help.

Letters
24-04-2016, 04:56 PM
If we had competent strikers you'd have to write Ozil's assist stats in standard form.

#mathsjoke

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 05:00 PM
If we had competent strikers you'd have to write Ozil's assist stats in standard form.

#mathsjoke

But they aren't served up on a plate with garnish - so they don't count. Fact.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2016, 05:01 PM
No, honest. Things will get better if we get rid of our best players. It will really help.

People had this mentality when our best players were being sold every season. I don't get it.

Selling our best players has never done anything but hold us back.

We know full well the manager isn't going to make the right signings to replace them anyway.

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 05:03 PM
To overcome the endless tippy tappy eye of the needle stuff, we need an attacking midfielder willing to take shots from outside the box. It's not enough to play where Ozil plays and just make passes. He has to be more of danger in that area. His fancy footwork should be enough to fashion out a shot for himself on goal or at least have defenders scrambling towards him to block a shot but we don't get that from him. Needs to do more to influence a game.

Sanchez has had a very patchy season as well but I'll give him his chops because he has more of a gutsy attitude. Ozil plays it too safe for me. Won't take enough risks.

Munchies
24-04-2016, 05:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmJ5mlPGxkk

Robbie asking decent questions to the mug :lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 05:07 PM
To overcome the endless tippy tappy eye of the needle stuff, we need an attacking midfielder willing to take shots from outside the box. It's not enough to play where Ozil plays and just make passes. He has to be more of danger in that area. His fancy footwork should be enough to fashion out a shot for himself on goal or at least have defenders scrambling towards him to block a shot but we don't get that from him. Needs to do more to influence a game.

Sanchez has had a very patchy season as well but I'll give him his chops because he has more of a gutsy attitude. Ozil plays it too safe for me. Won't take enough risks.

Sorry don't agree, Ozil is simply being horrendously misused in a team with no quality up front.

If we had someone putting away even half the chances he was creating for us, there wouldn't be a need for him to score more (and actually is there a midfielder in our squad who has scored more than him this season?)

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 05:08 PM

So what are you suggesting? They all go through whatever shit is happening on the training pitch Monday to Friday and then do their own thing on a Saturday?

Wenger is the guy who decides how we'll play. Now it may be true he gives a degree of freedom to the players, but I doubt that extends to ditching the tippy, tappy and going for a more direct style. Wenger's stench is all over this.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Sorry don't agree, Ozil is simply being horrendously misused in a team with no quality up front.

If we had someone putting away even half the chances he was creating for us, there wouldn't be a need for him to score more (and actually is there a midfielder in our squad who has scored more than him this season?)

Look at Giroud today. I'd say he lacks a yard of pace but the truth is he lacks the ability to move, or else he can't be bothered. And yet Wenger starts him. Then you have to ask how a creative players should respond when he knows the fucker up front is not going to move a muscle. It's a ridiculous situation.

Ozil and Aguero. Imagine.

Munchies
24-04-2016, 05:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYQ688bfqxs

'If you want a winning mentality, it stems from the manager'

Poor lad travelled 6 hours for that shit. Wrecked.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 05:11 PM

Didn't watch. Already heard it a thousand time. Basically, fuck off Ty you mug.

Munchies
24-04-2016, 05:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlIKgurs2LI

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 05:17 PM

This shows you how bad things have got that Wengers top cheerleader seems pessimistic

Can argue over whether the fans should be getting behind the team more at home (what difference would it make?) but in some ways you can see where he's coming from. I've been to games where we are top of the league and the atmosphere is very subdued when things aren't immediately going well.
That I should say is not a defence of the manager, but if for instance a new man did come in, then what......the atmosphere at the ground needs to be better to help this guy get the best performances out of his team. Wenger certainly has made the atmosphere sour, but in a broad sense Highbury was called the Library even before he came to us.

I think what you are going to have unfortunately is fans almost frightened to vocally back the team because they won't want it to be seen as tacit support for the manager.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Look at Giroud today. I'd say he lacks a yard of pace but the truth is he lacks the ability to move, or else he can't be bothered. And yet Wenger starts him. Then you have to ask how a creative players should respond when he knows the fucker up front is not going to move a muscle. It's a ridiculous situation.

Ozil and Aguero. Imagine.

The way things are going we might not have to imagine

AFC Leveller
24-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Coq and elneny were doing alright as a pair but as soon as Ramsay comes back the idiot in charge puts him and disrupts the balance. Ramsay is shit, he doesn't do what a CM is suppose to, he is always looking for that Hollywood pass or flick and gives the ball away a lot.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-04-2016, 05:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPGFQJZ6HCo

Munchies
24-04-2016, 05:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amko6BVZg1s

'EXPLICIT RANT'

dat clickbaiting

:popcorn:

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 05:25 PM

Stat wise it says Ozil created 5 chances and it also said Giroud created 4 chances. Which of those should have been buried without question? I'm not seeing quality chances created where i'm holding my head thinking that's a sitter.

How is he being horrendously used? He's playing in his best position and he has the freedom to do what he wants. Where else should he be playing? If we had actually signed a striker like Suarez, we wouldn't need Ozil. The chances he's creating aren't that good. It's all on paper. I've seen better assists come from Iwobi recently. He needs to step his game and prdouce more.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 05:26 PM
This shows you how bad things have got that Wengers top cheerleader seems pessimistic

Can argue over whether the fans should be getting behind the team more at home (what difference would it make?) but in some ways you can see where he's coming from. I've been to games where we are top of the league and the atmosphere is very subdued when things aren't immediately going well.
That I should say is not a defence of the manager, but if for instance a new man did come in, then what......the atmosphere at the ground needs to be better to help this guy get the best performances out of his team. Wenger certainly has made the atmosphere sour, but in a broad sense Highbury was called the Library even before he came to us.

I think what you are going to have unfortunately is fans almost frightened to vocally back the team because they won't want it to be seen as tacit support for the manager.

Isn't it our incredibly boring football that kills the atmosphere, in part at least? You have to give the fans something to be interested in.

Kano
24-04-2016, 05:28 PM
DT :lol: what a twat

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 05:30 PM
He's being used to create chances that aren't being converted, has he dropped off somewhat towards the end of the season?. Yeah him and every fucking player on the pitch

Over the course of the season he has created countless goal scoring opportunities and good ones as well...which weren't being taken.

And where's my evidence?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10256833/arsenals-mesut-ozil-breaks-premier-league-chances-created-record-held-by-frank-lampard

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Stat wise it says Ozil created 5 chances and it also said Giroud created 4 chances. Which of those should have been buried without question? I'm not seeing quality chances created where i'm holding my head thinking that's a sitter.

How is he being horrendously used? He's playing in his best position and he has the freedom to do what he wants. Where else should he be playing? If we had actually signed a striker like Suarez, we wouldn't need Ozil. The chances he's creating aren't that good. It's all on paper. I've seen better assists come from Iwobi recently. He needs to step his game and prdouce more.

What are you talking about? Giroud was a yard off everything today. Had nothing to do with the balls coming into him or into the space that he should be dominating as a striker.

How the hell have some people managed to settle on Ozil as the problem when we desperately need a new manager and a new striker? Ozil is one of the last things this club has going for it.

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 05:31 PM
So what are you suggesting? They all go through whatever shit is happening on the training pitch Monday to Friday and then do their own thing on a Saturday?

Wenger is the guy who decides how we'll play. Now it may be true he gives a degree of freedom to the players, but I doubt that extends to ditching the tippy, tappy and going for a more direct style. Wenger's stench is all over this.

You saw the Sanchez goal scored against West Brom, right? That's what I need to see from Ozil because he's often the player to receive the ball within that sort of range. But he'll choose to pass or try a one two instead of going for goal like Sanchez did. Like most ACM in fact. He should be more a goal threat in that area and it's not as if Wenger hasn't said Ozil needs to score more goals. He really does. Despite the assists, he hasn't lead the team in difficult games and that's why he often gets criticised. It's not just for Arsenal. It's Germany as well.

Kano
24-04-2016, 05:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPGFQJZ6HCo

Munchies
24-04-2016, 05:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_elsABooKc

this guy :bow:

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 05:38 PM
What are you talking about? Giroud was a yard off everything today. Had nothing to do with the balls coming into him or into the space that he should be dominating as a striker.

How the hell have some people managed to settle on Ozil as the problem when we desperately need a new manager and a new striker? Ozil is one of the last things this club has going for it.

Yeah, Giroud was a yard off everything but he created 4 chances according to the stats. When a few people talk of Ozil, they often point to the chances created as if that's the only thing he needs to contribute. I'm using Giroud as an example of how misleading that stat is. It was stale football. Also, if you're going to complain about tippy tappy football, at least acknowledge Ozil is one of the worst culprits when it comes to overplaying. Edge of the box, instead of trying to play a one two straight away, similar to what Giroud does when he touches the ball, why not take a couple of touches, try and shake your defender and have a go on goal? It's how Sanchez scored the other day.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 05:41 PM
You saw the Sanchez goal scored against West Brom, right? That's what I need to see from Ozil because he's often the player to receive the ball within that sort of range. But he'll choose to pass or try a one two instead of going for goal like Sanchez did. Like most ACM in fact. He should be more a goal threat in that area and it's not as if Wenger hasn't said Ozil needs to score more goals. He really does. Despite the assists, he hasn't lead the team in difficult games and that's why he often gets criticised. It's not just for Arsenal. It's Germany as well.

Honestly though - what are you on about? What are you saying? Our strikers are shit who it should be Ozil who gets the goals? Why? Wouldn't say no to him scoring more but I'm happy enough with what he does in a team full of players that are badly underperforming. So give Ozil 10 more goals. What difference would it make? It's the strikers that need to be tucking them away, like at Leicester and spudland. No coincidences anywhere here. Even they terrible gypos are third with the third highest scoring striker, who would have won the the title if he'd have stayed fit, btw.

We don't have attacking midfielders OR strikers at this club and that's the problem. We have a whole batch of forward players that are supposed to fit in with the cuntish system Wenger has dreamed up. Nobody has any responsibility for anything. It sounds like your real criticism of Ozil is he should somehow overcome that and impose a more organised and purposeful system. Easier said than done with such an incredible idiot in charge.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 05:44 PM
btw, Wenger saying Ozil needs to score more goals. Think about that for a minute. Of all the people who should say that, the idiot who won't buy a striker :doh:

Oh no, wait. He bought Sanogo, didn't he? :doh:

He's a total idiot.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 05:47 PM
L'Idiot is on Sky now complaining about it being our third game in a week. Excuses, excuses, excuses from the idiot.

Being successful is all about managing the games as they come thick and fast. At least we have been knocked out of the CL as usual, heh? Just leave you idiot.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 05:59 PM
DT :lol: what a twat

Everything he said was spot on. And now it falls on the people who disagree with him to explain why. So go on then.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Everything he said was spot on. And now it falls on the people who disagree with him to explain why. So go on then.

His general reasoning is sound, but it's so fucking obvious my three year old nephew could master it

He's still a twat, an inarticulate muppet who will gain the same traction as Piers Morgan does

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 06:09 PM
His general reasoning is sound, but it's so fucking obvious my three year old nephew could master it

He's still a twat, an inarticulate muppet who will gain the same traction as Piers Morgan does

What are we focusing on? The message or the person? Do we need some manicured fop to deliver the message? Is this why politics has stuck?

He's right. Isn't that what matters? Some people are against him because they don't like the way he delivers the truth. But the truth doesn't care, it is still the truth. If people think they can do a better job the have at it. But let's not be criticising the people who are in the right and up off their arse doing something. Far better to criticise those who can't be bothered. After all, it is that majority of easy riders who keep Wenger in a job.

Gubby Allen
24-04-2016, 06:10 PM

I agree with that. On the form of 2016, he has done next to nothing and doesn't warrant automatic selection every match. Had we a better sub than Walcott (as Campbell seems to be forgotten) then he probably wouldn't be.

Admittedly, there are bigger problems though .and none of it counts for anything, as we would have finished 4th and gone out in the C.L 2nd Round whether he was playing or not or whether he had set up 30 goals this year or 3.

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 06:13 PM
What are we focusing on? The message or the person? Do we need some manicured fop to deliver the message? Is this why politics has stuck?

He's right. Isn't that what matters? Some people are against him because they don't like the way he delivers the truth. But the truth doesn't care, it is still the truth. If people think they can do a better job the have at it. But let's not be criticising the people who are in the right and up off their arse doing something. Far better to criticise those who can't be bothered. After all, it is that majority of easy riders who keep Wenger in a job.

Best to sum it up with a video. Two examples below, Ozil mostly looks to pass instead of going for goal. It's a part of the tippy tappy stuff you often bemoan but fail to see concerning Ozil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_bkMT-9nZY

Also, not saying he's the worst the player but he really hasn't stepped up.

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 06:15 PM
The goal from Alexis. Just having a go on goal instead of looking for a useless striker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LHibSl9gJg

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 06:17 PM

No politics is the opposite, people who have no message but have a gimmick are fairing the best

My point is it's nothing to praise that his message is correct because his message is obvious

He's a gobshite who gives the perception of Arsenal fans as gobshites

To define the problem is simple, but the solution is not as simple as sacking the manager that's got to be the first step....the means to an ends rather than the ends.

Munchies
24-04-2016, 06:18 PM

:gp:

DT gets flak for his rants but when he's level headed, he's not speaking far off the truth

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 06:25 PM
You two have lost it.

Of course I want the players to be shooting more. But what reason do you imagine exists for us being the opposite of every other team out there? Do we have players that are averse to shooting? And if so, how did they get that way. I promise you, change the manager and you will see how shallow these criticisms are. As for stepping up, stepping up to what? We're not in it to win it in the first place - THAT's where we start if we want to correct the problems. This is like saying Ozil can't find the right station on the radio as the car is plunging off a cliff.

And DT - probably wouldn't ring him to come around for dinner, not on appearances anyway. But do I think that appearance and demeanour speaks of me as an Arsenal fan? Not one bot. Where would anyone get such an idea?

Wenger is the board's recipe for pulling in the cash. Let's fuck them up. Take away their recipe and expose them. Make them need the football to keep that cash rolling in. Remember, the next guy doesn't get 20 years, he will have to perform.

alexander
24-04-2016, 06:25 PM
L'Idiot is on Sky now complaining about it being our third game in a week. Excuses, excuses, excuses from the idiot.

Being successful is all about managing the games as they come thick and fast. At least we have been knocked out of the CL as usual, heh? Just leave you idiot.

But I read today, that wenger had used some UEFA stats about points gained after midweek matches or something, and how it has no effect, if anything there is slightly more points gained. Maybe I read it on here somewhere.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 06:26 PM
The goal from Alexis. Just having a go on goal instead of looking for a useless striker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LHibSl9gJg

As has been explained innumerable times that isn't his game, he is 28 not 21 quite frankly I'd be happier in him keep doing what he keeps doing and having someone better up front to make more of his chance creation.

And considering the massive issues we have as a squad, lack of consistent goalscorer, lack of finesse from strikers we do have, lack of fight when we don't have the ball, lack of collective responsibility, lack of leadership at the back....you'd have to say this really isn't high on the priority list. Would it be nice if Ozil took more shots from range....yes....but first of all teams are on the whole refraining from shooting outside the box more.....and if you think that's more of an issue than our strikers not scoring than its not a view that's shared widely.

alexander
24-04-2016, 06:28 PM

'EXPLICIT RANT'

dat clickbaiting

TBH he is saying how I feel, `fed up of this shit`. Yep. I want Wenger out, but I still want to win every game.

Gubby Allen
24-04-2016, 06:32 PM

Indeed.

Letters
24-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Whilst I kinda agree there are times he could have a shot, that is the least of our problems.
A competent striker would be running riot with his assists. The solution is surely to get a competent striker, not get rid of one of our most effective players.
It's like driving with the handbrake on, to coin a phrase, and then blaming the engine for not being able to work effectively rather than the handbrake for hindering progress.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 06:49 PM
TBH he is saying how I feel, `fed up of this shit`. Yep. I want Wenger out, but I still want to win every game.

Of course, people don't support a club to want it to do badly.

Munchies
24-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Edden Azzar :bow:

'We don't want Tottenham winning the league, Leicester deserve it'

Vid https://twitter.com/ArsenalFanTV/status/724311711440756736

Respect!

Ernesto
24-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Edden Azzar :bow:

'We don't want Tottenham winning the league, Leicester deserve it'

Vid https://twitter.com/ArsenalFanTV/status/724311711440756736

Respect!

He's the last person I'd want to instil any faith in given his awful performances this season.

Besides, the piece of shit would probably be saying the same thing about us had we been 5 points behind Leicester with an impending trip to Stamford Bridge

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 08:35 PM
As has been explained innumerable times that isn't his game, he is 28 not 21 quite frankly I'd be happier in him keep doing what he keeps doing and having someone better up front to make more of his chance creation.

And considering the massive issues we have as a squad, lack of consistent goalscorer, lack of finesse from strikers we do have, lack of fight when we don't have the ball, lack of collective responsibility, lack of leadership at the back....you'd have to say this really isn't high on the priority list. Would it be nice if Ozil took more shots from range....yes....but first of all teams are on the whole refraining from shooting outside the box more.....and if you think that's more of an issue than our strikers not scoring than its not a view that's shared widely.

You're not explaining anything. It's not his game to try and have a go on goal? What? Is he incapable of shooting? Is it not something he can improve on in training? Do attacking midfielders not shoot? It not being his game isn't an explanation. It's an excuse. Dragging up stats with the chances he's created is misleading also because there isn't one chance created today that was so good we should have definitely scored. Can you think of any? Can anyone think of absolute sitters we've been missing lately? I can't.

But let's assume 'shooting' isn't a part of his game. It's why I'm not that bothered if he leaves because it's more essential that we have someone that can be more influential on the outcome of a game in that position. We've never been a team that's struggled to create chances under Wenger. I don't think Ozil is essential to that blueprint. Especially when it's not helping us solve the one issue we've wrestled with for almost a decade now. Teams parking the bus. An effective weapon to use against that tactic is to shoot from outside the box and that's also what we need. Ok, shooting isn't one of Ozil's strengths and it's not his game but you can use that excuse for any player. Giroud's not quick or mobile. It's not his game! Ramsey isn't great at picking the smart pass, it's not his game! We've got plenty of players with flaws but if we're looking at areas where we can improve, I don't see why Ozil is exempt from that.

Also, I'm not making out as if that's a priority either. That's something you've hedged into the argument. First person to go should be Wenger. That's been said enough on here. But for anyone that has had enough of the tippy tappy mentality, you have to look at players like Ozil. He really is a pussy to be frank. He's not a leader and if you're talking about collective responsibility, he has to be roped in and mentioned regardless of how many chances he's created. Giroud and Ozil are bad combination because you've got to players stationed right in front of the opponents goal that overplay. Both trying flicks and first time touches as soon as they receive the ball and it's a bad combination. If Ozil wasn't so light, I'd rather he played further back as CM with Cazorla or Wilshere playing ahead behind Giroud.

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Whilst I kinda agree there are times he could have a shot, that is the least of our problems.
A competent striker would be running riot with his assists. The solution is surely to get a competent striker, not get rid of one of our most effective players.
It's like driving with the handbrake on, to coin a phrase, and then blaming the engine for not being able to work effectively rather than the handbrake for hindering progress.

I'm not suggesting we get rid of Ozil. I think we need a striker regardless. If we had signed Suarez or Higauin instead of Ozil in 2013, we'd have probably won the title that season as well. I don't think Ozil is an essential player. We were creating chances before he arrived, we'd create chances when he's gone. We're missing goals and that special player that can win you a match.

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 08:57 PM

It seems personal. He's already said he's getting abuse on Twitter. What's he's said is spot on.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 09:04 PM
You're not explaining anything. It's not his game to try and have a go on goal? What? Is he incapable of shooting? Is it not something he can improve on in training? Do attacking midfielders not shoot? It not being his game isn't an explanation. It's an excuse. Dragging up stats with the chances he's created is misleading also because there isn't one chance created today that was so good we should have definitely scored. Can you think of any? Can anyone think of absolute sitters we've been missing lately? I can't.

But let's assume 'shooting' isn't a part of his game. It's why I'm not that bothered if he leaves because it's more essential that we have someone that can be more influential on the outcome of a game in that position. We've never been a team that's struggled to create chances under Wenger. I don't think Ozil is essential to that blueprint. Especially when it's not helping us solve the one issue we've wrestled with for almost a decade now. Teams parking the bus. An effective weapon to use against that tactic is to shoot from outside the box and that's also what we need. Ok, shooting isn't one of Ozil's strengths and it's not his game but you can use that excuse for any player. Giroud's not quick or mobile. It's not his game! Ramsey isn't great at picking the smart pass, it's not his game! We've got plenty of players with flaws but if we're looking at areas where we can improve, I don't see why Ozil is exempt from that.

Also, I'm not making out as if that's a priority either. That's something you've hedged into the argument. First person to go should be Wenger. That's been said enough on here. But for anyone that has had enough of the tippy tappy mentality, you have to look at players like Ozil. He really is a pussy to be frank. He's not a leader and if you're talking about collective responsibility, he has to be roped in and mentioned regardless of how many chances he's created. Giroud and Ozil are bad combination because you've got to players stationed right in front of the opponents goal that overplay. Both trying flicks and first time touches as soon as they receive the ball and it's a bad combination. If Ozil wasn't so light, I'd rather he played further back as CM with Cazorla or Wilshere playing ahead behind Giroud.

Ozils primary function is as a goal provider, if you want to break it down to basics. He's providing the oportunity for goals and the players aren't taking it. Would it be nice if he scored more goals ? Of course but again if he's outscored every other midfielder in the squad what does it say about them, when as I repeat his job is to provide goals first and foremost.

That you have said you'd not be worried if Ozil left makes me think, although there are people out there who are better than the manager in their judgement there are also a lot worse.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to lose a player with his assist rates even with the dross in front of him.

As for leaders we do need more, but it doesn't necessitate every player being a leader....just because no one else on the pitch has leadership characteristics it doesn't seem relevant to knock Ozil for his....we aren't making him Captain.

End of the day as far as I'm concerned the fact that you are bemoaning him for not shooting more illustrates the problem we have up front, otherwise why would you want Ozil to take a shot on when he's good enough to find a player with a pass that no other player could see to make and that the defence can't intercept.

This is what he does, and I think if we want to progress whoever is sitting in the dugout for us, Ozil is a must keep player.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-04-2016, 09:07 PM
It seems personal. He's already said he's getting abuse on Twitter. What's he's said is spot on.

He's mind boggingly thin skinned, he takes everything as abuse

He got uppity with me when I pointed out he'd used several words out of their proper context.

I'm sorry but if you don't know what a word means, don't use it just to sound clever.

I don't buy into this mentality that we should all be pals just because we support the same club, fuck that....there are just as many atrocious hell ends who support this club as any other.

GP
24-04-2016, 09:09 PM
You know it's got really dire when a fucking muppet like DT is the voice of the fanbase.

Munchies
24-04-2016, 09:14 PM
DT just destroyed GeoffArsenal

He got banned from this talk show and managed to get on (one of the others probably invited him in) and went raging :haha:

time stamped when he gets on.

https://youtu.be/kuAfBce5SHA?t=5209

'You're a convicted ticket tout' :haha:

GeoffArsenal talks so much shite it's crazy. Fuck these AKBs :lol:

Letters
24-04-2016, 09:23 PM
I'm sorry but if you don't know what a word means, don't use it just to sound clever.
I conquer.

GP
24-04-2016, 09:24 PM

He got banned from this talk show and managed to get on (one of the others probably invited him in) and went raging :haha:

time stamped when he gets on.

https://youtu.be/kuAfBce5SHA?t=5209

'You're a convicted ticket tout' :haha:

GeoffArsenal talks so much shite it's crazy. Fuck these AKBs :lol:

Does DT have no shame?

Really embarrassed himself there.

hobson's choice
24-04-2016, 09:25 PM
How frustrating must it be for some our players to see Ramsey inserted right back into the lineup. When our attack was actually starting to have rhythm and flow.:angry:

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 09:41 PM
This is the 4th best fan revolution I've seen :bow:

Özim
24-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Got to say the AKB clan really are clueless, how you can still support a man who is doing such a poor job is beyond me, if it's not clear now Wenger isn't up to it there's no helping them.

Seems these people are more like Wenger fans than Arsenal fans.

Honestly, this doesn't happen at any other club a fanbase splitting like this and it's all down to Wenger, he's become bigger than the club for some, it's embarrassing.

If this season doesn't convince you he's not good enough nothing will (it was clear he wasn't good enough before this season tbh honest, long before).

Wenger has turned us into an embarrassment IMO.

Özim
24-04-2016, 09:46 PM

Yup he is spot on, yes sure he doesn't always convey it in the right way (I don't agree with way he curses etc) but in principal he's right. Might be obvious, but to some it cleary isn't and most importantly to the manager and board it isn't.

Özim
24-04-2016, 09:48 PM
This is the 4th best fan revolution I've seen :bow:

Everything about this club has a losers mentality, including some of the fans.

We're an embarrassment to the world of football at the moment.

Dicks and chicks
24-04-2016, 09:50 PM

Kano
24-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Does DT have no shame?

Really embarrassed himself there.

It's all about self promotion and making sure his voice is heard, more than anything else.

Kano
24-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Got to say the AKB clan really are clueless, how you can still support a man who is doing such a poor job is beyond me, if it's not clear now Wenger isn't up to it there's no helping them.

Seems these people are more like Wenger fans than Arsenal fans.

Honestly, this doesn't happen at any other club a fanbase splitting like this and it's all down to Wenger, he's become bigger than the club for some, it's embarrassing.

If this season doesn't convince you he's not good enough nothing will (it was clear he wasn't good enough before this season tbh honest, long before).

Wenger has turned us into an embarrassment IMO.

No you're an AKB, no you're an AOB :doh:

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2016, 10:01 PM
It's all about self promotion and making sure his voice is heard, more than anything else.

He needs to find a way to protest in silence, somewhere nobody can see him.

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Ozils primary function is as a goal provider, if you want to break it down to basics. He's providing the oportunity for goals and the players aren't taking it. Would it be nice if he scored more goals ? Of course but again if he's outscored every other midfielder in the squad what does it say about them, when as I repeat his job is to provide goals first and foremost.

That you have said you'd not be worried if Ozil left makes me think, although there are people out there who are better than the manager in their judgement there are also a lot worse.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to lose a player with his assist rates even with the dross in front of him.

As for leaders we do need more, but it doesn't necessitate every player being a leader....just because no one else on the pitch has leadership characteristics it doesn't seem relevant to knock Ozil for his....we aren't making him Captain.

End of the day as far as I'm concerned the fact that you are bemoaning him for not shooting more illustrates the problem we have up front, otherwise why would you want Ozil to take a shot on when he's good enough to find a player with a pass that no other player could see to make and that the defence can't intercept.

This is what he does, and I think if we want to progress whoever is sitting in the dugout for us, Ozil is a must keep player.

Ozil has gone 8 games without an assist. You say it's down to players missing chances but can you recall many absolute sitters we've missed over the last couple of months? Besides some good crosses, I haven't seen Ozil pull off many game changing passes. He's gone off the boil a bit.

We need a better striker for sure. Giroud's was a 20 striker without Ozil and with Ozil he remains a 20 goal striker. Maybe I'm expecting too much but I'd have thought we'd see an improvement from Giroud with a playmaker like Ozil behind him.

Özim
24-04-2016, 10:12 PM
He needs to find a way to protest in silence, somewhere nobody can see him.

:lol: Don't let your protests be heard it's less effective that way, just do it quietly, don't look at the table and enjoy the quality football.

Özim
24-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Ozil has gone 8 games without an assist. You say it's down to players missing chances but can you recall many absolute sitters we've missed over the last couple of months? Besides some good crosses, I haven't seen Ozil pull off many game changing passes. He's gone off the boil a bit.

We need a better striker for sure. Giroud's was a 20 striker without Ozil and with Ozil he remains a 20 goal striker. Maybe I'm expecting too much but I'd have thought we'd see an improvement from Giroud with a playmaker like Ozil behind him.

Be fair Giroud is a waste of space, it's not a surprise his record doesn't improve he's 2nd rate.

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 10:19 PM
He's mind boggingly thin skinned, he takes everything as abuse

He got uppity with me when I pointed out he'd used several words out of their proper context.

I don't buy into this mentality that we should all be pals just because we support the same club, fuck that....there are just as many atrocious hell ends who support this club as any other.

You sure this isn't a class thing? Pretty snobbish.

Power n Glory
24-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Be fair Giroud is a waste of space, it's not a surprise his record doesn't improve he's 2nd rate.

So was Adebayor but he combined well with Cesc one season and he hasn't come close to scoring that many since. Giroud's finishing is a lot better than Ade's but the lack of movement is probably what makes it harder to create anything for him.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2016, 10:45 PM

'EXPLICIT RANT'

dat clickbaiting

Haven't really followed this DT bloke, I only tend to watch Claude and Ty videos because they're fucking melts and it's hilarious, but what he's said in this video is pretty much what we've all spoken about ourselves. It's on the money.

Ralpheroo72
24-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Utter shite, Giroud is a pathetic excuse for a striker. Ramsey was toilet too.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 05:39 AM

Again hardly anything that impressive, People like GeoffArsenal or PositivelyArsenal actually have no argument

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 05:44 AM
You sure this isn't a class thing? Pretty snobbish.

Class thing? What's class got to do with anything....we aren't living in the 1970s

People come off rich parents and still talk like him. In fact I can imagine very easily that he's the product of middle class suburbia.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 05:50 AM

A) not every chance has to be a sitter
B) This is Giroud we are talking about, why are we even persisting with him?. Wenger seems more concerned with Giroud getting in the Euro 2016 squad for France than our results.

Power n Glory
25-04-2016, 06:38 AM
Class thing? What's class got to do with anything....we aren't living in the 1970s

People come off rich parents and still talk like him. In fact I can imagine very easily that he's the product of middle class suburbia.

Either way, it's a bit childish. Trolling really. I'm not sure who's the attention seeker in such cases. You've already admitted to stalking Claude and Le Grove on Twitter. :lol:

Power n Glory
25-04-2016, 06:47 AM
A) not every chance has to be a sitter
B) This is Giroud we are talking about, why are we even persisting with him?. Wenger seems more concerned with Giroud getting in the Euro 2016 squad for France than our results.

Not a sitter but can you recall a good chance where he's put someone clean through on goal and we've missed? It's not like we've been playing with Giroud for all our games. Welbeck's last goal is an example I'm talking about. A neat pass slipped through and a tidy finish. I think Iwobi got the assist. I haven't seen anything like that from Ozil lately. It's been Iwobi really coming up with the goods.

Giroud is a problem player. But just as you argue shooting isn't Ozil's thing, Giroud it more suited to a direct game. As one or the Arsenal Fan TV guys said, we weren't putting in crosses for him until he went off. Also, I hoped a player like Ozil could at least get him some extra goals but we're looking at our lowest goal scoring tally in ages. Something's amiss.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 06:49 AM
Le Grove I quite like as he makes intelligent arguments, ones I mostly agree with (not always) and I get stuff from Claude (as well as the other Arsenal Fan TV lot) retweeted on my Twitter account.
I got blocked by Claude because he was going on about a guy who is Wenger out and makes good arguments but gets shouted down, I pointed out that maybe he was being hypocritical about shouting down Ty. That's as far as I'm aware the only time I tweeted him apart from a few years ago when I compared him to Howard Beale from Network.

You can call my attitude to DT Childish if you like, I don't see where you make the connection though. It's not about disagreeing with him, I just don't feel a need to respect people who rant and rave. I just have more time for people who make calm measured sophisticated arguments even if I don't agree with what they are saying.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 06:51 AM
Not a sitter but can you recall a good chance where he's put someone clean through on goal and we've missed? It's not like we've been playing with Giroud for all our games. Welbeck's last goal is an example I'm talking about. A neat pass slipped through and a tidy finish. I think Iwobi got the assist. I haven't seen anything like that from Ozil lately. It's been Iwobi really coming up with the goods.

Giroud is a problem player. But just as you argue shooting isn't Ozil's thing, Giroud it more suited to a direct game. As one or the Arsenal Fan TV guys said, we weren't putting in crosses for him until he went off. Also, I hoped a player like Ozil could at least get him some extra goals but we're looking at our lowest goal scoring tally in ages. Something's amiss.

Ozil is our highest scoring midfielder this season, of course he gets more goals but it seems absurd to single him out when many of our other midfielders have been grossly underperforming in that area.

Munchies
25-04-2016, 06:58 AM
@Podolski10
Better #Leicester than Spurs #COYG ���� @premierleague ��

https://twitter.com/Podolski10/status/724284603121446914

:bow:

Better than anyone we've had upfront since RvC left. F'n Wenger playing him in the wrong set up. Play him in a 4-4-2 and you get goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFG21cQjE14

Power n Glory
25-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Ozil is our highest scoring midfielder this season, of course he gets more goals but it seems absurd to single him out when many of our other midfielders have been grossly underperforming in that area.

What is Sanchez? Are wingers now being classed as strikers?

Absurd? He's not playing well. Just because of what he's done earlier in the title race he's exempt from focus? You can apply that same logic to everyone else.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 07:25 AM
What is Sanchez? Are wingers now being classed as strikers?

Absurd? He's not playing well. Just because of what he's done earlier in the title race he's exempt from focus? You can apply that same logic to everyone else.

It is Absurd because I don't get why the focus is on him so specifically from you. My argument is that considering the goal scoring oportunities he has created this season that have been fluffed, that a drop off is actually a little understandable. Plus he's probably played more than any other player consistently this season (mainly as he hasn't got injured granted).

Right so he should be getting the same goals as Sanchez. And no I don't see him as a midfielder.....we play Welbeck on the wing occasionally doesn't make him a midfielder either.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 07:28 AM
@Podolski10
Better #Leicester than Spurs #COYG ���� @premierleague ��

https://twitter.com/Podolski10/status/724284603121446914

:bow:

Better than anyone we've had upfront since RvC left. F'n Wenger playing him in the wrong set up. Play him in a 4-4-2 and you get goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFG21cQjE14

Lazy player, you can't just blame him being poorly positioned even when he played up front he trundled about and very rarely got himself in good goal scoring positions. Hammer of a left foot but other than that, not much about him thus why he's playing for galatasaray.

Power n Glory
25-04-2016, 07:37 AM
It is Absurd because I don't get why the focus is on him so specifically from you. My argument is that considering the goal scoring oportunities he has created this season that have been fluffed, that a drop off is actually a little understandable. Plus he's probably played more than any other player consistently this season (mainly as he hasn't got injured granted).

Right so he should be getting the same goals as Sanchez. And no I don't see him as a midfielder.....we play Welbeck on the wing occasionally doesn't make him a midfielder either.

But why do you have a problem with me saying this particular player is having an off patch and hasn't done enough in our title bid? Because it's met with such resistance from you, we've spent more time focusing on one player. Also, it goes back to people saying he's an essential player. I don't think so. It's my opinion.

Gooner23
25-04-2016, 07:50 AM
Wenger said before the game that playing Thursday and Sunday wouldn't be a problem as new research shows results don't suffer. Yet after the game we had the tiredness excuse given again. The only thing I'm tired of now is him and his endless list of excuses, getting more and more bizarre now that the old money one has been shot to pieces. It's no wonder the players have given up on him, what a loser he's become. Very sad indeed.

Power n Glory
25-04-2016, 07:56 AM
Wenger said before the game that playing Thursday and Sunday wouldn't be a problem as new research shows results don't suffer. Yet after the game we had the tiredness excuse given again. The only thing I'm tired of now is him and his endless list of excuses, getting more and more bizarre now that the old money one has been shot to pieces. It's no wonder the players have given up on him, what a loser he's become. Very sad indeed.

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous. Read that on Arseblog this morning. Excuse after excuse.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 08:16 AM
But why do you have a problem with me saying this particular player is having an off patch and hasn't done enough in our title bid? Because it's met with such resistance from you, we've spent more time focusing on one player. Also, it goes back to people saying he's an essential player. I don't think so. It's my opinion.

Well it actually started with someone else saying that Sanchez was more important to retain than Ozil where as I think the exact opposite is true.

I personally think Sanchez is even more worthy of criticism, he can be totally anonymous in games and where as he was tracking back loads last season, he's not doing it as much this season.

I think Ozil is essential as no one else in our squad has his passing ability and ability to find a player with nothing, if he's dropped off that's one thing....though I think your concern about him not scoring enough goals seems rather small in the grand scheme of things when you consider our other far more pressing problems.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 08:17 AM
Yeah, it's getting ridiculous. Read that on Arseblog this morning. Excuse after excuse.

Well Exactly...no one made him play the same team on Thursday and Sunday.

Niall_Quinn
25-04-2016, 08:26 AM
That Arseblog posts sums it up. No reason to get angry or excited or anything else. This season is such a write-off it's not worth the energy. Yes, Wenger picks the wrong teams, the wrong tactics, the wrong substitutions, if there's something to get wrong he's right there grasping the opportunity with both hands. Every time. So much so that the only surprise and Arsenal fan has in store is if Wenger gets something right. I'm not sure anyone cares if we finish 4th, beyond the top four obsessed manager and his friends upstairs. Next season will be the same. We can pretend all sorts of things, like we're going to do amazing things in the transfer window, or Wenger might be asked to leave, or the old man will change his ways, or that something, somewhere might be different. But that's all it is, pretending. See you all again next season for more of the same.

Power n Glory
25-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Well it actually started with someone else saying that Sanchez was more important to retain than Ozil where as I think the exact opposite is true.

I personally think Sanchez is even more worthy of criticism, he can be totally anonymous in games and where as he was tracking back loads last season, he's not doing it as much this season.

I think Ozil is essential as no one else in our squad has his passing ability and ability to find a player with nothing, if he's dropped off that's one thing....though I think your concern about him not scoring enough goals seems rather small in the grand scheme of things when you consider our other far more pressing problems.

Sanchez has had his fair share of criticism but he’s coming back to playing well. Look at his contribution since the Man Utd game and compare that to Ozil’s. Who has been anonymous?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alexis-sanchez/leistungsdaten/spieler/40433

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mesut-ozil/leistungsdaten/spieler/35664/plus/0?saison=2015

Sanchez is probably the only underperforming player that has stepped his game up since that defeat. That’s character. As you can see from Ozil’s, he’s gone into a shell. But you wonder why I’m singling him out for criticism. We’ve had Theo, Giroud and Ramsey benched for a while now but his game hasn’t improved. Also, Sanchez has had a long season. He joined us after a World Cup, had Copa America after that and didn’t get a pre-season with us so was rushed back to play for us. His form dipped after coming back from injury but it seems like he’s coming back to his best.

Özim
25-04-2016, 09:42 AM
That Arseblog posts sums it up. No reason to get angry or excited or anything else. This season is such a write-off it's not worth the energy. Yes, Wenger picks the wrong teams, the wrong tactics, the wrong substitutions, if there's something to get wrong he's right there grasping the opportunity with both hands. Every time. So much so that the only surprise and Arsenal fan has in store is if Wenger gets something right. I'm not sure anyone cares if we finish 4th, beyond the top four obsessed manager and his friends upstairs. Next season will be the same. We can pretend all sorts of things, like we're going to do amazing things in the transfer window, or Wenger might be asked to leave, or the old man will change his ways, or that something, somewhere might be different. But that's all it is, pretending. See you all again next season for more of the same.

Pretty much, he does so much wrong these days, 4th place is meaningless to most now.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 09:59 AM
Sanchez has had his fair share of criticism but he’s coming back to playing well. Look at his contribution since the Man Utd game and compare that to Ozil’s. Who has been anonymous?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alexis-sanchez/leistungsdaten/spieler/40433

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mesut-ozil/leistungsdaten/spieler/35664/plus/0?saison=2015

Sanchez is probably the only underperforming player that has stepped his game up since that defeat. That’s character. As you can see from Ozil’s, he’s gone into a shell. But you wonder why I’m singling him out for criticism. We’ve had Theo, Giroud and Ramsey benched for a while now but his game hasn’t improved. Also, Sanchez has had a long season. He joined us after a World Cup, had Copa America after that and didn’t get a pre-season with us so was rushed back to play for us. His form dipped after coming back from injury but it seems like he’s coming back to his best.

What am I meant to be looking at with these links?

Power n Glory
25-04-2016, 10:29 AM
What am I meant to be looking at with these links?

Goals and assists over since we lost to Utd.

Xhaka Can’t
25-04-2016, 10:31 AM

So you're telling me there's a chance!

selassie
25-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Pretty much, he does so much wrong these days, 4th place is meaningless to most now.

Yep, Wenger is just too comfortable and the 4th place spot is basically his "get out of jail" card.

I honestly don't care where we finish this season, if dropping out of CL brings a change of approach or even a new manager (wishful thinking) then I'm all for it, honestly our seasons are so tiring, boring and predictable.

As NQ has already stated, we know how this summer will play out.

Niall_Quinn
25-04-2016, 10:44 AM
So you're telling me there's a chance!

It's on!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 10:47 AM
Well goals I ignored because if you are expecting Ozil to be scoring anywhere near the same amount of goals as Sanchez I think you are confused over what kind of player he is. Especially so considering you agreed with me some time ago that Sanchez was a good option to play up front.

Be interested to make the comparison between them over chances created

But fair enough if you want to want to make Ozil the focal point for criticism due to a lack of assists in the last nine games than up to you. I think his assist rate would be off the chart with a decent striker in front of him. I think criticism of him largely indicate attributes that are not part of his game, not every chance needs to be gilt edged if you have a striker mopping them up (although Giroud and Welbeck often miss gilt edged chances as well).
Our chances to goal ratio is probably one of the lowest in the league. I personally might have rested Ozil for a few games that we should be winning anyway (though of course Wenger has redefined should win games to should win but probably won't).

As for goals I am intensely relaxed by that side of his game, scored eight this season and if other players were doing their bit it wouldn't be an issue. But that goal tally is about par for Ozil, I don't think he got into double figures for Real Madrid just provided loads of goals for Ronaldo and Benzema.

Anyway we aren't going to agree on this, I just think by a country mile Ozil is the most gifted footballer in the team and therefore when someone says they wouldn't be that fussed if he went seems to confuse me greatly.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Yep, Wenger is just too comfortable and the 4th place spot is basically his "get out of jail" card.

I honestly don't care where we finish this season, if dropping out of CL brings a change of approach or even a new manager (wishful thinking) then I'm all for it, honestly our seasons are so tiring, boring and predictable.

As NQ has already stated, we know how this summer will play out.

So are his defenders, basically guy on Twitter argued that 4th place for 4th highest spending ability is about right and it is too much to expect anymore. Didn't seem to like that I inferred he was deferential and pliant to the wishes of the board and manager.

Letters
25-04-2016, 10:54 AM
So are his defenders, basically guy on Twitter argued that 4th place for 4th highest spending ability is about right and it is too much to expect anymore. Didn't seem to like that I inferred he was deferential and pliant to the wishes of the board and manager.

In the era when the billionaire's money was having the most effect I think we did OK to stay up there, but that excuse is gone now - we have the money to compete, we've been signing players who should be able to push us on and it just hasn't.
The FA Cups were nice, I'm glad for Wenger's sake we got them as much as anything, it will help his legacy especially if he goes soon. But this season has been a car crash.

selassie
25-04-2016, 10:55 AM

Yeah, that was a strong case around 5/6 years ago when we were deep in Project Youth but it doesn't really wash anymore, especially when you consider our wage bill is on par with Chelsea's. Yeah Chelsea are finishing 10th this season but they won PL last season.

It's all a load of hogwash anyway as it's clear Wenger is here until he decides to leave.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 10:58 AM
In the era when the billionaire's money was having the most effect I think we did OK to stay up there, but that excuse is gone now - we have the money to compete, we've been signing players who should be able to push us on and it just hasn't.
The FA Cups were nice, I'm glad for Wenger's sake we got them as much as anything, it will help his legacy especially if he goes soon. But this season has been a car crash.

That plus we had a manager who prefered to use it as an excuse and lacked the imagination and vision to do more

We had a wage bill that was 3rd or 4th highest because we were giving ridiculously generous contracts to players who did nothing to prove they were worth it.

Marc Overmars
25-04-2016, 11:12 AM

Him being so risk averse is why we haven't improved at all and many fans shared and stupidly fuelled that aversion. The tide has turned now but you'll still find the odd muppet happy to sit in 3rd or 4th because, well, it's not like we're fighting relegation is it?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Him being so risk averse is why we haven't improved at all and many fans shared and stupidly fuelled that aversion. The tide has turned now but you'll still find the odd muppet happy to sit in 3rd or 4th because, well, it's not like we're fighting relegation is it?

I think it's less being happy with 3rd or 4th and more being part of a cult of Wenger, a total refusal to see anything wrong with what the guy does. I mentioned the fact that Spurs and Leicester didn't have greater spending ability than us which was dismissed as an outlier, i said it proved that Wenger couldn't deliver even when spending is less of an issue.
He claimed that Leicester in only losing three times had shown remarkable consistency, i said the issue wasn't what Leicester had done but that we are now in a position where we can only get a maximum of 73 points and had lost seven games (which i don't believe any side has lost in a 38 game season and then gone on to win the league in the premier league era) and then predictably just said we are going round in circles there is no further point to the discussion.
His argument is that Wenger's media comments are there to manage expectations when certain fans have too much of a sense of entitlement.

Power n Glory
25-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Well goals I ignored because if you are expecting Ozil to be scoring anywhere near the same amount of goals as Sanchez I think you are confused over what kind of player he is. Especially so considering you agreed with me some time ago that Sanchez was a good option to play up front.

Be interested to make the comparison between them over chances created

But fair enough if you want to want to make Ozil the focal point for criticism due to a lack of assists in the last nine games than up to you. I think his assist rate would be off the chart with a decent striker in front of him. I think criticism of him largely indicate attributes that are not part of his game, not every chance needs to be gilt edged if you have a striker mopping them up (although Giroud and Welbeck often miss gilt edged chances as well).
Our chances to goal ratio is probably one of the lowest in the league. I personally might have rested Ozil for a few games that we should be winning anyway (though of course Wenger has redefined should win games to should win but probably won't).

As for goals I am intensely relaxed by that side of his game, scored eight this season and if other players were doing their bit it wouldn't be an issue. But that goal tally is about par for Ozil, I don't think he got into double figures for Real Madrid just provided loads of goals for Ronaldo and Benzema.

Anyway we aren't going to agree on this, I just think by a country mile Ozil is the most gifted footballer in the team and therefore when someone says they wouldn't be that fussed if he went seems to confuse me greatly.

You said just Sanchez has been anonymous. Yes, he has had a bad patch but as you can see from the goals and assists, he’s been contributing when we’ve been at our worse.

When Sanchez was playing badly, I’d criticise him too and it was roundly accepted because he’s had a bad season for his standard. But he’s stepping it up now but you’ve still brought him up as a player that should be sold despite stepping his game up during a crucial part of the season. I’m not making Ozil a focal point, it just seems that way because you’re so defensive over him. He’s one of the many underperforming players. I don’t rely on the chance creation stat because it says nothing about the quality of the chance created. As said, you probably can’t remember the last time he’s created the sort of chance we’ve seen carved out by Iwobi or Welbeck.

Yes, our strikers haven’t been scoring consistently but Sanchez seems to have found his shooting boots again. So how comes Ozil hasn’t found him once since Sanchez has come to form again? So what’s really going on here? It’s a fair question. Welbeck, Iwobi and Sanchez seem to be the guys getting the assists lately. Giroud was dropped to the bench from early March and only got a start again last Thursday. So you can’t just blame Giroud. The players have to be accountable. Even if scoring isn’t Ozil’s thing, he’s failing in the very thing you say he’s good for. He has to step his game up in crucial parts of the season to be essential. If he were that good he’d find the players that were in form and work off them but he hasn’t.

Marc Overmars
25-04-2016, 11:22 AM
I think it's less being happy with 3rd or 4th and more being part of a cult of Wenger, a total refusal to see anything wrong with what the guy does. I mentioned the fact that Spurs and Leicester didn't have greater spending ability than us which was dismissed as an outlier, i said it proved that Wenger couldn't deliver even when spending is less of an issue.
He claimed that Leicester in only losing three times had shown remarkable consistency, i said the issue wasn't what Leicester had done but that we are now in a position where we can only get a maximum of 73 points and had lost seven games (which i don't believe any side has lost in a 38 game season and then gone on to win the league in the premier league era) and then predictably just said we are going round in circles there is no further point to the discussion.
His argument is that Wenger's media comments are there to manage expectations when certain fans have too much of a sense of entitlement.

https://rgsoas.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/wenger_leader.jpg

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 11:24 AM
na na na na na na na na na Batman! I mean Wenger!

He's ok but he's no box of Special K

Özim
25-04-2016, 11:39 AM

:lol: It really is like that with some of the fans, it seems that Wenger is the club and they just think that we can't do better than him and that he does no wrong. It's kinda weird tbh because to anyone with any common sense his mistakes are there for all to see.

Letters
25-04-2016, 11:50 AM
I'd suggest very few fans see Wenger like that these days.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 11:59 AM
I think those that want him to stay and berate those who want him gone as being disrespectful see Wenger exactly that way, how much of the overall fan base they make up who can say as social media can be incredibly misleading as to their numbers.

I think Ty is one of the few card carrying members of the League of Wenger to be a season ticket holder as well, so you'd probably say that those who defend Wenger most passionately in the main don't tend to watch us play week in, week out.

Robbie from AFTV just looks like he's had all the enthusiasm sucked out of him through a straw, it's only his commitment to being the impartial interviewer that stops him from having a complete meltdown. Privately i would venture that he is Wenger out.

selassie
25-04-2016, 12:44 PM

You've posted some crackers lately MO!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Can't believe we have the best attack away from home!

Munchies
25-04-2016, 12:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg4m6q0WYAAyp2w.png

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Can't believe we have the best attack away from home!

Yep pretty much, it just shows how poor we have been in front of goal at the Emirates

And it shows how our defence has been terrible away from home.

Kano
25-04-2016, 01:22 PM
:lol: It really is like that with some of the fans, it seems that Wenger is the club and they just think that we can't do better than him and that he does no wrong. It's kinda weird tbh because to anyone with any common sense his mistakes are there for all to see.
Who cares if some fans are still behind the manager, it makes no difference to the problems the actual manager and the board are causing. It doesn’t stop people from putting up banners, or not turning up to games. What is more pathetic is this name calling of each other, AKB or AOB’s, fans arguing with each other on the terraces. Who cares if there are some fans who refuse to see the limitations of the manager – what actual difference does it make to anything? They are now clearly in the minority and not holding back the actions of anyone else. Like those of us who want the manager to leave, they see him staying as the best thing for the club. Nothing is being done out of malice or spite on the fans behalf, it is just a difference of opinion but for some reason both sides feel the need to shout down the other.

Letters
25-04-2016, 01:25 PM

I had an argument with my Gooner neighbour recently, we both want Wenger gone but now it's "Is Wenger a ****", like there's some competition for how much we can hate Wenger and it's not enough just to want him gone.
Really is very silly.

AFC Leveller
25-04-2016, 01:40 PM
I think the abuse is OTT and doesnt do the majority of Gooners any favours. However, i do feel that Wenger's lack of respect and understading of the fan's frustration is unacceptable and gives fans a stick to beat him with. The way he finds excuses for everything he becoming a real issue.

Marc Overmars
25-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Agreed, he does himself no favours. I'd personally never hurl OTT abuse at him because it's not my style, but frankly I don't have any sympathy for him anymore when it does happen. He's shown himself up to be pretty apathetic and for that, he can do one.

Kano
25-04-2016, 01:49 PM

I had an argument with my Gooner neighbour recently, we both want Wenger gone but now it's "Is Wenger a ****", like there's some competition for how much we can hate Wenger and it's not enough just to want him gone.
Really is very silly.
It's on both sides of the fence too, not just the anti-Wenger group. Fans blaming each other, saying that either one has an agenda against the club, when in fact we all have the same agenda, which is for things to get better. Abusing the manager is one thing but fans absuing each other is worse because we'll all be around far longer together, far longer than any manager, player or board will be.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Who cares if some fans are still behind the manager, it makes no difference to the problems the actual manager and the board are causing. It doesn’t stop people from putting up banners, or not turning up to games. What is more pathetic is this name calling of each other, AKB or AOB’s, fans arguing with each other on the terraces. Who cares if there are some fans who refuse to see the limitations of the manager – what actual difference does it make to anything? They are now clearly in the minority and not holding back the actions of anyone else. Like those of us who want the manager to leave, they see him staying as the best thing for the club. Nothing is being done out of malice or spite on the fans behalf, it is just a difference of opinion but for some reason both sides feel the need to shout down the other.

Are you actually being serious?....is your message why can't we just respect each others differences and get along......you have heard of these things called Wars haven't you?...it's human nature my friend.

Letters
25-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Do you not think it's somewhat out of proportion to the actual situation though?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Agreed, he does himself no favours. I'd personally never hurl OTT abuse at him because it's not my style, but frankly I don't have any sympathy for him anymore when it does happen. He's shown himself up to be pretty apathetic and for that, he can do one.

I think the only reason actual foul mouthed personal abuse doesn't sit with me is because he's the same age as my Dad (actually about six months older) and if people were hurling such abuse at my Dad i'd want to make them a lot more unhappy than they are currently.

It made me cross when people did it at Stoke Station in 2014, chanting "Wenger Out" at a game or carrying a placard with the same sentiment does not constitute abuse though and although i wouldn't do it myself I think people who do so are perfectly within their rights.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Do you not think it's somewhat out of proportion to the actual situation though?

The in fighting between the fans?

Power n Glory
25-04-2016, 02:04 PM
It's on both sides of the fence too, not just the anti-Wenger group. Fans blaming each other, saying that either one has an agenda against the club, when in fact we all have the same agenda, which is for things to get better. Abusing the manager is one thing but fans absuing each other is worse because we'll all be around far longer together, far longer than any manager, player or board will be.

Same thing DK said on Arsenal Fan TV.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 02:06 PM
I don't buy that, the people who defend Wenger don't see there is a problem and the only thing they want to see change is for the other fans to know their place and behave themselves and say yes Arsene no Arsene etc.

Letters
25-04-2016, 02:11 PM
The in fighting between the fans?

That and the extremes of opinion. This is a very half glass full point of view but it's also true that this is the first season in 3 when we've not won anything - and let's not get into how big or small the FA Cup is, it's not the league cup, it counts.
Wenger has failed to push us on, he has the resources to go now and some of the ways we've failed this season are very Groundhog Day, so he should go.
But the depth of feeling about this has always seemed rather OTT, to me.

Kano
25-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Are you actually being serious?....is your message why can't we just respect each others differences and get along......you have heard of these things called Wars haven't you?...it's human nature my friend.

Yes this is exactly like a war.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 02:26 PM
That and the extremes of opinion. This is a very half glass full point of view but it's also true that this is the first season in 3 when we've not won anything - and let's not get into how big or small the FA Cup is, it's not the league cup, it counts.
Wenger has failed to push us on, he has the resources to go now and some of the ways we've failed this season are very Groundhog Day, so he should go.
But the depth of feeling about this has always seemed rather OTT, to me.

1) People are sick of seeing the same thing season in, season out....before they were prepared to buy the idea that it was other clubs were able to outspend us but that idea has been turned on it's head.

2) The Fa cup is not a major trophy, it is bigger than the league cup.....but whilst people do not expect us to be winning every premier league title and every european cup, they expect us to be competing for some. Being 12 points behind the league leaders with three games to go is not competing, failure to get past the last 16 of the champions league no matter who we play since 2010 is not competing.

Add into the mix that it's Spurs who look far more like a team equipped to win the title not just this season but in future than us, and a manager who in his press conferences seems to hint at some semblance of responsibility but then rains down every excuse under the sun....than the depth of feeling is understandable.

We pay the highest ticket prices in Europe, there is a right to expect far more than what we are getting in terms of effort from the team and competing for silverware.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 02:27 PM

If two sets of cretins want to kick lumps out of each other, let them.....

rodders
25-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Does anybody seriously believe that this club can ever win the Premiership again under the present regime? Wenger and his supporters do not even see there is a problem.

AFC Leveller
25-04-2016, 02:33 PM
****stolen******* The year is 2036. Arsene Wenger sits on the bench at The Emirates. His last trophy was the 2015 FA CUP, Although he did reach the 2027 league cup final, but was beaten by a resurgent Ipswich Town side managed by their new boss Jack Wilshere. The recently deceased Stan Kroenke, who's passing was greeted with mixed emotions among the club's fans after his 100% share takeover in 2028, still taunts supporters from his grave, he bequeathed the whole club to his son Joshua, who promised Silent Stan on his deathbed to 'carry on the traditional values of Arsenal' for the next 50 years. Meanwhile Arsene Wenger struggles through another press conference and insists that 'next season we will see", although Arsenal were relegated twice and now languish at the bottom of league one. Fans were seen at the stadium with banners claiming "14th place is not a trophy". Wenger's faith with Olivier Giroud still holds firm, the forward now battling arthritis and chronic sciatica, as well as the low confidence in front of goal that a bald patch in his hair brings. Fans await his 50th birthday when he claims he will "call it a day". Stick with us guys though. Arsene Knows

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 02:40 PM
****stolen******* The year is 2036. Arsene Wenger sits on the bench at The Emirates. His last trophy was the 2015 FA CUP, Although he did reach the 2027 league cup final, but was beaten by a resurgent Ipswich Town side managed by their new boss Jack Wilshere. The recently deceased Stan Kroenke, who's passing was greeted with mixed emotions among the club's fans after his 100% share takeover in 2028, still taunts supporters from his grave, he bequeathed the whole club to his son Joshua, who promised Silent Stan on his deathbed to 'carry on the traditional values of Arsenal' for the next 50 years. Meanwhile Arsene Wenger struggles through another press conference and insists that 'next season we will see", although Arsenal were relegated twice and now languish at the bottom of league one. Fans were seen at the stadium with banners claiming "14th place is not a trophy". Wenger's faith with Olivier Giroud still holds firm, the forward now battling arthritis and chronic sciatica, as well as the low confidence in front of goal that a bald patch in his hair brings. Fans await his 50th birthday when he claims he will "call it a day". Stick with us guys though. Arsene Knows

Some people are able to use humorous exaggeration to great effect to produce great and cutting satire

You are not one of those people

AFC Leveller
25-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Some people are able to use humorous exaggeration to great effect to produce great and cutting satire

You are not one of those people

:unsure:

selassie
25-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Does anybody seriously believe that this club can ever win the Premiership again under the present regime? Wenger and his supporters do not even see there is a problem.

I don't.

Though the "Wenger Junkies" say give him one more season, let him get it right in the summer, get what right? He doesn't buy what we need and doesn't appear to be hot on his tactics?

He has to go.

Letters
25-04-2016, 03:03 PM
1) People are sick of seeing the same thing season in, season out....before they were prepared to buy the idea that it was other clubs were able to outspend us but that idea has been turned on it's head.
I'm not sure it has been turned on its head, the influence of money in the last 10 years can't be dismissed, just look at where the trophies have ended up. This is the first year a club with comparatively small resources have won it for years and years, the last two smaller clubs to win it were Leeds and Blackburn and they both spent heavily to do so.
But the new TV deals are starting to level the playing field and our new financial deals mean we should be able to compete now. We haven't and it's increasingly clear that Wenger's not able to any more.

I don't think it's as simple as he was once a brilliant manager and now he's a dribbling moran, I just think his strengths no longer give us an edge. It's not that he doesn't have those strengths any more, they're just not revolutionary like they were when he joined us. If anything he's now behind the times in terms of fitness methods and scouting. And his weaknesses - again, I believe they were always there - are now more apparent because we don't have that edge.

I'm not convinced he deserves the level of vitriol he gets, but he is increasingly pointing fingers at anyone but himself and he's no longer the right man for the job. I just hope he goes before it gets too messy.
But he won't be leaving a car crash behind, we're still a top 4 club, we've got loads of money in the bank for whoever takes over and a squad not far from good enough to win the league.

The lack of effort I agree with, to see them floundering away yesterday going through the motions was pathetic. I could almost accept us being pipped to the title by Leicester - they're having a remarkable season - if I felt we were really giving everything to compete with them. That Walcott thing sums it up for me, where's the desire?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 03:21 PM
It has been turned on it's head, because it's become clear that it doesn't matter whether we are up against Man City or Leicester City for the title, we fail in exactly the same way.
Money is obviously a big factor in that it has allowed teams in like Man City or Chelsea who could never hope to win Premier League titles previously.

But this is honestly a smoke screen that detracts from our performance, in the previous six seasons we have lost at least seven games a total which no team in the Premier League era has gone on to win the title with in a 38 game season.

It's not the case that we have done our best and we have just been frustrated by the incredible points accumulation of the big money sides, even if we hadn't won the title if just once since 2005 we have finished runners up and had challenged for the title right down to the wire (Like Liverpool have done twice) there would be a bigger argument to be had for this.

Letters
25-04-2016, 03:22 PM
I don't.

Though the "Wenger Junkies" say give him one more season, let him get it right in the summer, get what right? He doesn't buy what we need and doesn't appear to be hot on his tactics?

He has to go.
I said "one more season" last year, I think he earned that - we retained the Cup beating Utd on the way and we were superb in the Cup Final (against a very poor side, admittedly, but still). There were a few reasons for cautious optimism.
And because I was in the "one more season" camp it made sense to judge him at the end of the season, not the middle or even the beginning. Even as late as February we were in the title race so I think it was only fair to see how things panned out.
And it's panned out to be a car crash, so #WengerOut. But I don't think it was so unreasonable to see how the season went.

Niall_Quinn
25-04-2016, 03:29 PM
I said "one more season" last year, I think he earned that - we retained the Cup beating Utd on the way and we were superb in the Cup Final (against a very poor side, admittedly, but still). There were a few reasons for cautious optimism.
And because I was in the "one more season" camp it made sense to judge him at the end of the season, not the middle or even the beginning. Even as late as February we were in the title race so I think it was only fair to see how things panned out.
And it's panned out to be a car crash, so #WengerOut. But I don't think it was so unreasonable to see how the season went.

What about next season? He's not leaving so we're stuck with him for at least another year. I'm already furious at the way we will chuck the 2016/17 season, collapsing at the key moment as always. What a bloody disgrace of a season that's going to be. Am I being premature?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure it has been turned on its head, the influence of money in the last 10 years can't be dismissed, just look at where the trophies have ended up. This is the first year a club with comparatively small resources have won it for years and years, the last two smaller clubs to win it were Leeds and Blackburn and they both spent heavily to do so.
But the new TV deals are starting to level the playing field and our new financial deals mean we should be able to compete now. We haven't and it's increasingly clear that Wenger's not able to any more.

I don't think it's as simple as he was once a brilliant manager and now he's a dribbling moran, I just think his strengths no longer give us an edge. It's not that he doesn't have those strengths any more, they're just not revolutionary like they were when he joined us. If anything he's now behind the times in terms of fitness methods and scouting. And his weaknesses - again, I believe they were always there - are now more apparent because we don't have that edge.

I'm not convinced he deserves the level of vitriol he gets, but he is increasingly pointing fingers at anyone but himself and he's no longer the right man for the job. I just hope he goes before it gets too messy.
But he won't be leaving a car crash behind, we're still a top 4 club, we've got loads of money in the bank for whoever takes over and a squad not far from good enough to win the league.

The lack of effort I agree with, to see them floundering away yesterday going through the motions was pathetic. I could almost accept us being pipped to the title by Leicester - they're having a remarkable season - if I felt we were really giving everything to compete with them. That Walcott thing sums it up for me, where's the desire?

Take away hyperbole and no-one is accusing him of being a dribbling moron, but it's abundantly clear that he is more secure in his job than arguably any other manager in the premier league (it is abnormal for someone to essentially appoint their own boss) it's not a healthy position for any manager to be in and it would almost certainly have had a detrimental effect on his managerial performance...because he has no one around to encourage or challenge his decision making.
He is too cautious in his decision making in terms of transfers and team formation (when has that changed in the last five-six years?), he insists on micromanaging every footballing aspect of the club and then obviously spreads himself too thinly in order to affect proper match preparation at times. And yes it seems like the players are not responding to the instructions he gives in the dressing room on the pitch.
He's 66 Letters, this is the management of a Tired individual who is treading water and whose ego has been allowed to border on megalomania.....do you really think even if he accepted he needs to go back to the drawing board that the motivation to begin again is really going to be there at his age?

Xhaka Can’t
25-04-2016, 03:32 PM

Yeah but what is it good for?

Letters
25-04-2016, 03:42 PM
What about next season? He's not leaving so we're stuck with him for at least another year. I'm already furious at the way we will chuck the 2016/17 season, collapsing at the key moment as always. What a bloody disgrace of a season that's going to be. Am I being premature?

What about next season? If he's our manager then so be it, nothing I can do about it.
I'll still follow the way things go, I don't watch many games, I haven't actually been for a couple of years, I don't see that changing.
You are being premature but no-one will take us seriously as title contenders unless we're well clear and playing well in April.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Yeah but what is it good for?

Lowering the Human population on this planet :-)

Letters
25-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Lowering the Human population on this planet :-)

...sing it again y'all! :unsure:

AFC Leveller
25-04-2016, 03:53 PM
This season, Wenger has single handedly cost us the title and that was back in the summer when he refused to sign a striker. A proper goal scorer would have won us the league season im sure but the manager decided to stick with Giroud, knowing full well that he was very limited in front of goal.

He has a choice, go now and leave his legacy in decent shape or fuck about for a few more years and be driven out by the fans.

fakeyank
25-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Am I being premature?

Thats what she said

selassie
25-04-2016, 03:59 PM

To be fair, even though I've not been very hot on him for a good while now I did think he should be given a fair crack of the whip this season after our end to last season and our cup final performance which I agree was superb. There were caveats to that for me, I thought if he had adequately strengthen the squad then we could push on, after Cech I was quite positive as I foolishly convinced myself he would add more quality to the squad.

A lot of my enthusiasm and optimism was taken away once the window closed, I felt that we had given ourselves too much work to do. I did also say in the Wenger thread that we wouldn't win PL again under him, admittedly that was after the West Ham opening day defeat.

To be fair to you Letters and we obviously have differing views on Wenger you have stuck by your word so I can't fault you for that.

I'll admit I have/had lost faith in him quite a while ago and in some ways anything negative had the potential to turn me hence why I've been vocal in my "Wenger" out stance for pretty much the entire season.

Letters
25-04-2016, 04:07 PM
I think we're all pretty much on the same page now. IMO some people over-criticise him and lost faith in him too early, others (and I am one, I guess) have been too patient.
Whatever. I think we all agree he's not the man to push us on but I still don't think the extremes of abuse are warranted.
And he will leave us in pretty good shape for whoever takes over which is more than can be said for a lot of managers who leave behind a train wreck.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 04:23 PM
I think the worry with fans who want him to go is they are concerned how much longer that will be the case

If he was to go at the end of the season for example as long as top four had been secured, I think a lot of top young managers would look upon Arsenal as a mouth watering prospect a club with fantastic spending power, a large hungry fan base and a team that with some building could be fantastic.

But consider if the worst happens and we don't finish in the top four, especially if he stays there is a real worry that we could get shut out for a long time because other clubs like Liverpool and Spurs have grown and we have someone who is stuck in the past and has too much power, even if he goes next season will someone really want to do the job and risk their own reputation.

That's the kind of catch 22 we are in, as long as he delivers top four he keeps his job but it's also the necessary minimum for getting a decent replacement in.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 04:27 PM
When you look at 4th place now, we are as a club dependent on getting at least a point against man city as well as winning our other two games, or dependent on United dropping points.

To be in that position now, shows the extent of Wengers mismanagement.

Marc Overmars
25-04-2016, 04:36 PM
When you look at 4th place now, we are as a club dependent on getting at least a point against man city as well as winning our other two games, or dependent on United dropping points.

To be in that position now, shows the extent of Wengers mismanagement.

I can't believe we are here again - limping over the line into 4th.

It really tells you everything you need to know about the lack of drive from within.

Letters
25-04-2016, 04:37 PM
That's a slightly weird way of looking at it but I have to say I didn't expect us to be scrabbling around trying to hold on to top 4 at this stage. But we will limp over the line IMO, Utd won't win every game.

rodders
25-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Unfortunately I foresee a long period in the wilderness, as we fall further behind clubs with real ambition. Kroenke is as much of a problem as Wenger.

Bumble
25-04-2016, 04:44 PM
The problem is Kroenke or the board have looked at what has happened to United since Ferguson left and thought better not rock the boat as they have spent massively and are still just behind us in the league. Also Newcastle spent relatively large sums over the summer and January transfer window and they are fighting relegation.

I think had United transitioned well between managers there would be more yearning to change at Arsenal. But its probably a case of better the devil you know.

Doesn't help us though.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 04:48 PM
The problem is Kroenke or the board have looked at what has happened to United since Ferguson left and thought better not rock the boat as they have spent massively and are still just behind us in the league. Also Newcastle spent relatively large sums over the summer and January transfer window and they are fighting relegation.

I think had United transitioned well between managers there would be more yearning to change at Arsenal. But its probably a case of better the devil you know.

Doesn't help us though.

I don't think Kroenke knows or cares about the situation at Manchester United, this is a completely football illiterate board and ownership.

Letters
25-04-2016, 04:49 PM

Doesn't help us though.

I think that is partly why I've been in the "Wenger in" camp for so long. He's a safe pair of hands, we've always finished in the top 4 - he's hardly taken us into mid-table or worse, as many predicted he would - and in the last couple of years he's won us a trophy in each. He earned the right to have another crack at the title IMO. But this year I've snapped because if he can't win it with this squad given the way the others are floundering then he never will. But it's not going to be an easy transition which arguably is why he has to go on his own terms, I just hope that's not too long now.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 04:55 PM
That's a slightly weird way of looking at it but I have to say I didn't expect us to be scrabbling around trying to hold on to top 4 at this stage. But we will limp over the line IMO, Utd won't win every game.

Is it? The facts speak for themselves under Wenger we either plant the flag on the 3rd/4th place finish or we tumble down into that position. Either way that's where we end up.

It's really bizarre, last season we started dropping points towards the end of the season (one win in five) when second seemed possible. It's definitely not deliberate that would be ridiculous, but it certainly hints at a psychological barrier.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 04:59 PM
This season follows the pattern of the 2010/2011 points against a United side who were very beatable despite getting to the Champions League final, we just tumbled and tumbled for ages (2 wins from the final 11 I think).

Five years on, Walcott aside there are hardly any players from that team yet the patterns stay the same.

Niall_Quinn
25-04-2016, 05:27 PM
I don't think Kroenke knows or cares about the situation at Manchester United, this is a completely football illiterate board and ownership.

Same here. Doubt he could his find his way to the Emirates without a chauffeur. He sees the financial statements and he passes those on to the bank when he's buying up ranches. I wouldn't think his involvement stretches beyond that. He's a massive fucking anchor dragging us down.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-04-2016, 05:40 PM
I think everything you want to know about Enos Stanley Kroenke can be summed up by what he did with the St Louis Rams

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-04-2016, 08:16 AM
This Kroenke talk is even more depressing than the manager talk......as we know he will remain.

Really hope Palace win the cup.

Can't we start the delusional summer transfer thread now, or is that already in full swing....?

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2016, 01:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA5c1WZxo1A

Starting 8:23

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2016, 01:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zACPK8lVH0

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-04-2016, 06:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA5c1WZxo1A

Starting 8:23

Are you able to get one with subtitles or dubbed into English?

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Are you able to get one with subtitles or dubbed into English?

Whey-aye y'cheeky coont

Özim
28-04-2016, 09:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zACPK8lVH0

Absolutely right, we laud 4th place as if it's some major success and like a trophy, it isn't an never will be. 4th place is nothing great, it's acceptable as a stepping stone but that's about it.

They are pretty spot on about everything they say, same problems every season etc etc.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-04-2016, 09:27 AM
Henry is obfuscating a bit because of understandable Loyalty to the manager, which is understandable without Wenger I think his career would never have reached the heights it did.

That and he is technically part of the coaching set up now.

Letters
28-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Absolutely right, we laud 4th place as if it's some major success and like a trophy.
No, we don't. Wenger's comments simply reflect how important top 4 has become.
And like it or not (and I don't) a top 4 position has become very important in football.

Power n Glory
28-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Absolutely right, we laud 4th place as if it's some major success and like a trophy, it isn't an never will be. 4th place is nothing great, it's acceptable as a stepping stone but that's about it.

They are pretty spot on about everything they say, same problems every season etc etc.

I think we've stepped up our ambitions. The pressure is being put on. :lol:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636165-mesut-ozil-talks-premier-league-title-race-arsenal-future-amid-contract-rumours

"If we finish third in the table and directly qualify for the Champions League, at least we will have met our minimum goal."

Now 3rd is the minimum requirement. The players really shouldn't have that attitude. Anything other than a trophy should be looked on as a failure.

Özim
28-04-2016, 10:20 AM
No, we don't. Wenger's comments simply reflect how important top 4 has become.
And like it or not (and I don't) a top 4 position has become very important in football.

Financially yes and to a club with ambitions to better itself and succeed it has a role to play no doubt, but for us it's just money, we're not capable of winning it because we don't improve from one season to the next and realistically only the best teams will win it, not teams who end up 4th every season as there's a reason they are 4th all the time, they're not the best in their league.

Letters
28-04-2016, 10:59 AM
It's not just financial (although I'd agree that's all the board care about), it gives us a status which helps us attract bigger players.
We won't win it because Wenger can't push us on, but keeping us in the top 4 will help the next guy push us on, if Wenger ever leaves!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-04-2016, 11:35 AM
I do understand the feeling that 4th place is the ends rather than just the means, it has set in as a systematic self-perpetuating cycle

I also do understand the feeling that some fans have that finishing outside the top four might be a blessing in disguise as it might make the board take action against the manager. I don't agree with that personally but I understand it.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
28-04-2016, 01:58 PM
I think finishing 5th would cause Wenger himself to work harder.....so whilst I don't particularly want us to finish 5th, I wouldn't be gutted if we did and I have never felt quite the level of snobbery about the UEFA cup as most our fans seem to.

Munchies
29-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Guys, wenger is having a meltdown in his press conf

Excuses are out!

Just a few, rest are on www.twitter.com/arsenal

Wenger: "We have gone through a difficult spell, but we have come back well in the last month and a half."

‎@JamesOlley
Wenger has a dig at former players/pundits saying "they have less character than this [current] team".

@GaryLineker
Is Wenger blaming Arsenal fans? "We lost the championship at home against lower teams but we played at home in a very difficult climate."

Wenger: "There are some group of people who try to manipulate our fans. Apart from an agenda and a big ego there's not a lot behind it."

Munchies
29-04-2016, 09:32 AM
@piersmorgan 31m31 minutes ago
What a legacy: building a stadium no Arsenal fan now wants to go to.
#WengerOUT

@piersmorgan
'Come back well' - WHAT??
We blew every competition you sad, deluded man.

How dare he blame Arsenal fans for HIS failure? #WengerOUT

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChMtQBhWkAARmjg.jpg

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan

Piers :bow:

Power n Glory
29-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Manipulated? :lol: He really thinks little of us as if people can’t think for themselves. In most cases, it’s the media and pundits playing catch with the vibes the fans are feeding them.

Munchies
29-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Manipulated? :lol: He really thinks little of us as if people can’t think for themselves. In most cases, it’s the media and pundits playing catch with the vibes the fans are feeding them.

He's quite clearly lost the plot

Blaming fans who spend a fortune to watch the same rehashed shit year in year out

The fans have had enough, and he's not willing to hold his hands up. That's the thing with this club, we're treated by mugs. We just don't have a voice anymore.

Go out and say 'I fell short in these areas, it was my fault, we could've done this or that'

Not fire off these excuses. ffs.

Munchies
29-04-2016, 10:03 AM
@piersmorgan
Arsenal fans have 2 home games left to register our feelings about Wenger blaming US for 12yrs of failure. Reclaim our club. #WengerOUT

Marc Overmars
29-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Shirking responsibility and shifting the blame towards the fans and outside influences again.

What an arsehole. Just fuck off Wenger.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2016, 10:27 AM
“We have to realise that, away from home, we are championship winners. At home, against the smaller teams, we lost the league."

A WUMger special. :bow:

Away Champs (although we clearly aren't). :trophy:

Marc Overmars
29-04-2016, 10:31 AM
He says we have come back well from a difficult spell.

Since we beat City we have won 7 out of 17 games, almost half a season of falling away and in the process also got dumped out of the cup at home to Watford. No point even talking about the CL.
Even recent results have been poor, drawing against relegation threatened teams, throwing away leads and now finding ourselves in a scrap for 4th.

He's deluded as fuck. I wonder how the players feel about him because judging by their performances they aren't playing for him anymore.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2016, 10:33 AM
He says we have come back well from a difficult spell.

Since we beat City we have won 7 out of 17 games, almost half a season of falling away and in the process also got dumped out of the cup at home to Watford. No point even talking about the CL.
Even recent results have been poor, drawing against relegation threatened teams, throwing away leads and now finding ourselves in a scrap for 4th.

He's deluded as fuck. I wonder how the players feel about him because judging by their performances they aren't playing for him anymore.

Based on what Mesut said, I presume the players feel as though they've messed it up but Wenger donning his Comical Ali mask again though sees it little bit different - he absolves them from blame so where's the need or want to provide a reaction coming from?

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Shirking responsibility and shifting the blame towards the fans and outside influences again.

What an arsehole. Just fuck off Wenger.

Unfortunately I suspect he believes everything he is saying. I know it's not easy managing a club like Arsenal, but the guy seems to do everything in his power to make it as difficult as possible. Just watch him shirk the summer transfer window, again.

Power n Glory
29-04-2016, 10:53 AM
He's a dick.

Kano
29-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Wenger is pitching up his tent for the season ahead - a big fuck you to the fans, I'm not going anywhere, it's either you or nothing.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Strange that his response to criticism from ex players is to say that this current team has more character than they did. Considering he owes his success to many of these players, he should be a little more tactful.

Kano
29-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Strange that his response to criticism from ex players is to say that this current team has more character than they did. Considering he owes his success to many of these players, he should be a little more tactful.

No-one puts Wenger in the corner.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Wenger lives in a bubble, when he says he questions himself I am inclined to believe him. When someone else questions him that's a different story. He has been in an overly exulted position since David Dein left, I am sure Ivan Gazidis would prefer to have more leverage over him ( he appointed Shad Forsythe and Wim Jonker without consulting the manager) but in reality he is Wengers boss in name only.

Wenger has started to believe his own hype that he has single handedly saved the club, and therefore criticism of his methods come from people who don't know what they are talking about and don't have any idea about how hard he works etc.

It's garden variety megalomania, there is no one in the club who he respects enough to get a fresh outside perspective from

Munchies
29-04-2016, 11:53 AM
A WUMger special. :bow:

Away Champs (although we clearly aren't). :trophy:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChNK7ZHW4AA7WyO.jpg

:lol:

Kano
29-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Away champions and top team champions. An unprecendeted double :bow:

At home, against the smaller teams, we dropped the points. We are top of the league in the top teams. We want to add what is needed.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2016, 12:54 PM
You can't argue with that kind of progress.

Our 4th double. :bow:

LDG
29-04-2016, 01:00 PM

Except Man City are above us :shrug:

Jesus, he's lost his mind.

Kano
29-04-2016, 01:03 PM
You've just ruined the season for me. The fans at this club are a disgrace.

LDG
29-04-2016, 01:08 PM
You've just ruined the season for me. The fans at this club are a disgrace.

I'm sorry for the difficult climate.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Another season with a major trophy for Wenger. :cloud9:

It's a good recovery though, have a trophyless season - just invent one for yourselves.

We'll always remember the Pre-Season Treble. :bow:

Özim
29-04-2016, 01:43 PM

:lol: Some points are worth more than others it seems, he's a funny guy.

selassie
29-04-2016, 02:21 PM
No idea where he is getting his info from re: Away league champions! We are still behind Leicester & Spuds in that too.

Away table

GP
W
D
L
GF
GA
GD
Pts

Leicester City (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=9)
+15

Tottenham (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=12)
+18

Arsenal (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=3)
+9

Manchester City (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=20)
+6

Liverpool (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=18)
+4

Chelsea (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=5)
+5

West Ham Utd (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=4)
+4

Everton (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=7)
+4

Southampton (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=14)

Stoke City (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=17)

Manchester Utd (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=11)

Bournemouth (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=1)

Crystal Palace (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=16)

Watford (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=8)

West Bromwich (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=19)

Swansea City (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=6)

Sunderland (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=10)

Norwich City (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=15)

Newcastle Utd (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=13)

Aston Villa (http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=2)

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-04-2016, 02:36 PM
We've scored the most away from home but have also played a game more than most in the top part of that table so it is quite relative....

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-04-2016, 02:53 PM
I have just listened to Wengers remarks and they are frankly outrageous

This shows a total abrogation of his own responsibilities, and shown he has been at the club for too long if he believes he can alienate the fan base like this.

I don't like personal abuse against the manager for his managerial failings, but to deflect so disingenously he is being a Tosser.

Gooner23
29-04-2016, 02:53 PM
What an arrogant pillock he's become. He really can't leave the club quick enough now, have lost all respect for him.

Also have no sympathy if he gets more stick from the home fans tomorrow.

fakeyank
29-04-2016, 02:55 PM
He sounds just like any dictator in the past or present

#ArseneMugabe :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-04-2016, 03:02 PM
He sounds just like any dictator in the past or present

#ArseneMugabe :bow:

Don't hashtag things like that unless you are prepared to photoshop an image of Wenger in dark glasses and a ridiculously ostentatious military uniform festooned with medals for unknown achievements (possibly winning the away league table even though we haven't and in fact have won three away games in the last twelve games).

Either way, yes he sounds like a dictator

Özim
29-04-2016, 03:02 PM
The difficult climate at some of the home games is the reason we didn't win the title:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36168345

What a clown, love the top of the league of the top teams comment, there's no success without sticking together apparently. No pal there's no success with a clown at the helm that's the problem.

This guy is arrogant beyond belief.

Gooner23
29-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Maybe Arsenal should just fire all the fans as clearly the 10 years of failure is not the fault of the manager or players.

#FansOUT

Munchies
29-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Hopefully this is the last straw for many fans who are on the fence

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-04-2016, 03:24 PM
I think it's more likely to embolden the type of "fans" you see on social media who Wenger seems to have parroted word for word, he's not the problem the fans are, and these protest groups are set up by agenda driven egoists

It's the kind of thing i've been seeing on Twitter for months if not years.

selassie
29-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Ivan Gazidis on Arsène Wenger in 2011: “Arsène is ultimately accountable to the fans — they ultimately make judgement. If you are seeing the relationship between the fans and the manager break down over time that is unsustainable. But I don’t think we are anywhere near that.”

We are near that now Ivan, do your job and sack him!

Kano
29-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Ivan Gazidis on Arsène Wenger in 2011: “Arsène is ultimately accountable to the fans — they ultimately make judgement. If you are seeing the relationship between the fans and the manager break down over time that is unsustainable. But I don’t think we are anywhere near that.”

We are near that now Ivan, do your job and sack him!

I think it's more likely it would be the other way round tbh.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-04-2016, 03:48 PM
listen to the arsecast this afternoon, tim stillman who was there when Gazidis made his remark believes that Gazidis immediately regretted making this remark and was struggling to find a response to the question of who Wenger is accountable to.

The Emirates Gallactico
29-04-2016, 05:18 PM
oh god, this is going to get really really ugly isn't it. What a complete joke of a press conference ....... no accountability.

The old codger doesn't seem like he's going anywhere unless things become violent and we're getting perilously close to that point. Come on Gazidis, show some cajones here.