PDA

View Full Version : Hillsborough Inquest Verdict

McNamara That Ghost...
26-04-2016, 11:31 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg9jfCOWkAAPskT.jpg

Essentially, the main part of this is that all 96 were unlawfully killed.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 11:37 AM
And the fans were in no way responsible for what happened.

Perception has trumped fact for too long

Any football fan no matter who they support should consider this a triumph, fans went to a football game and ended up dead through no fault of their own. If Hillsborough is forgotten it risks happening all over again somewhere else, and only if the people responsible are brought to justice can it be ensured that it doesn't.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-04-2016, 11:56 AM
I don't think it's possible to put it any better than that.

rodders
26-04-2016, 12:31 PM
I have no time for the Police and am sure they are capable of any dirty trick going. Their actions before ,during and after this tragedy stinks. However I will never be persuaded that Liverpool fans were entirely blameless, those that tragically died were killed by others pushing down from the back albeit they should never have been let in , in the first place.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Then i'm afraid you are an idiot, they were herded into a section of leppings lane where the sheer number of people caused the crush.....that's why the people died of cerebal edema caused by lack of oxygen to the brain.....they were so compressed there was no ability to push.

And for having no time for the Police, would you prefer that there wasn't a police force and that we all pay for private protection where law enforcement is based on how much we are willing/able to pay?.

South Yorkshire Police failed in their duties totally, however this was the exception to the rule. Look at the Bradford Stadium Disaster where if anything the Police were responsible for preventing further deaths and acted heroically.

This should close a upsetting chapter in British History, for my part I genuinely feel safer going to Football matches when there is a police presence at the ground and long may that continue.

ENSKIED
26-04-2016, 12:59 PM
I have no time for the Police and am sure they are capable of any dirty trick going. Their actions before ,during and after this tragedy stinks. However I will never be persuaded that Liverpool fans were entirely blameless, those that tragically died were killed by others pushing down from the back albeit they should never have been let in , in the first place.
Most people believe what they want to believe despite the evidence - no matter what. The whole point of the last 27 years and the last two very painful years in particular whence after a 25-year battle all the evidence was weighed, was to ascertain precisely what happened, something the authorities DID NOT WISH TO DO AT ALL attempting to cover the whole sorry matter up in order to protect their own. Hence of course the 25-year long battle to get to an appropriate court IF you still want to add your caveat despite the evidence, I doubt for example you ever attended the court over the last two years, concomitant to not having read a single page of trial transcripts at all, still wish to pontificate and postulate from your comfy armchair as you have, then do please continue on and thereby prove why certain similar mindsets as you exhibit here initiated a very painful 27 year long struggle.

Kano
26-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Paul Burman agrees.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 01:18 PM
I think politicians just didn't want to deal with it because they didn't want to rock the boat over what was essentially football fans.

Even Thatcher felt that the Police were being evasive and dishonest but she didn't care enough to push the issue because she privately regarded football fans as scum.

Blair and Straw didn't want to push the envelope because what was in it for them.

It was less of a cover up by politicians than a concerted and long lasting shrug of the shoulders, the only politician to actually do anything was Andy Burnham.

Letters
26-04-2016, 01:41 PM

Of course football fans will push and shove and in large numbers that can be dangerous, but it's the police's job to manage that danger and they do so by managing the crowd and not, say, opening a gate which causes a dangerous crush.
If said gate is opened then are the fans all going to realise the danger and wait politely when the game is about to kick off?

ENSKIED
26-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Paul Burman agrees.

Well if Paul Burman, whom ever he is agrees, that's it then! Why didn't we all merely go to him 27 years ago [presuming he's old enough] and say something like, "hey Paul what happened at Hillsborough?" That in its turn would presumably have saved 27 years of of fighting, lies, slandering, double-speak,heartache and all else involved in this malicious and sorry cover-up . . .. . .?.

Just for the record, The chief constable of South YorkshirePpolice, David Crompton, has unreservedly apologised to victims’ families. Speaking outside the force’s headquarters in Sheffield, he said:

On 15 April 1989, South Yorkshire police got the policing of the FA Cup semi-final at Hillsborough catastrophically wrong. It was and still is the biggest disaster in British sporting history. That day 96 people died and the lives of many others were changed forever. The force failed the victims and failed their families. Today, as I have said before, I want to apologise unreservedly to the families and all those affected.

Note they the Police got it "catastrophically wrong"

rodders
26-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Of course football fans will push and shove and in large numbers that can be dangerous, but it's the police's job to manage that danger and they do so by managing the crowd and not, say, opening a gate which causes a dangerous crush.
If said gate is opened then are the fans all going to realise the danger and wait politely when the game is about to kick off?

Exactly what I said

Kano
26-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Well if Paul Burman, whom ever he is agrees, that's it then! Why didn't we all merely go to him 27 years ago [presuming he's old enough] and say something like, "hey Paul what happened at Hillsborough?" That in its turn would presumably have saved 27 years of of fighting, lies, slandering, double-speak,heartache and all else involved in this malicious and sorry cover-up . . .. . .?.
He was there watching it unfold, so you probably could ask him if you wanted to. Plenty of people have heard his opinion already.

Letters
26-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Exactly what I said

No, you said they weren't blameless. They were.
Any large crowd of people is potentially dangerous and needs managing to keep things safe.
If the people responsible fail to do that, that doesn't mean the crowd is to blame in some way.

ENSKIED
26-04-2016, 02:19 PM
He was there watching it unfold, so you probably could ask him if you wanted to. Plenty of people have heard his opinion already

Do forgive me this personal observation but in your apparent intransigence you're seemingly not getting this at all, Kano - this is not about opinions any more, we've had 27 years of opinions, lies and people who know little to nothing about the disaster pontificating and pointing accusatory fingers at Liverpool fans, heartily driven by the media in some instances. Such has now been transcended, thank God. This is now about HARD evidence such as the following,

The Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police, David Crompton, having unreservedly apologised to victims’ families . . . . . . . "On 15 April 1989, South Yorkshire police got the policing of the FA Cup semi-final at Hillsborough catastrophically wrong. It was and still is the biggest disaster in British sporting history. That day 96 people died and the lives of many others were changed forever. The force failed the victims and failed their families. Today, as I have said before, I want to apologise unreservedly to the families and all those affected."

Note they, the Police, got it "catastrophically wrong" with NO blame being apportioned by him to fans, if he could rest assured he sure woulda!

Kano
26-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Oh dear :lol:

ENSKIED
26-04-2016, 02:47 PM
:lol:

Yep! Well done.Those amongst us of a rational and level headed mindset have a further clue, virtue of your laughter, why Liverpool supporters and the families of the bereaved had to fight so hard and long to get anything like justice, in essence you represent so many idiots down the last 27 years, in that some just think the whole matter is in essence a subject to be decried and reduced to sarcastic levity. At this stage one feels justly compelled to offer your pathetic and churlish choice of response, is a disgrace to the great Arsenal supporters and football tradition.

Letters
26-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Be fair, he did later add "Oh dear".

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2016, 02:58 PM
If this results in the police being further undermined and hated then I'm all for it. Cunts. Haven't followed anything about this for years so can't say much about this inquiry. Fuck the police though. Definitely fuck them.

Kano
26-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Yep! Well done.Those amongst us of a rational and level headed mindset have a further clue, virtue of your laughter, why Liverpool supporters and the families of the bereaved had to fight so hard and long to get anything like justice, in essence you represent so many idiots down the last 27 years, in that some just think the whole matter is in essence a subject to be decried and reduced to sarcastic levity. At this stage one feels justly compelled to offer your pathetic and churlish choice of response, is a disgrace to the great Arsenal supporters and football tradition.
Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

ENSKIED
26-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Be fair, he did later add "Oh dear".

Yep Letters he did! The evidence is there for all to see but this Forum's resident laughing clown can't de facto evaluate evidence, his responses confirm the same. So by now he will presumably have persuaded himself, then in turn try to persuade us that he really was referring to the "dear" of the ruminant mammal variety, forming the family Cervidae and one with missing eyes at that. Ergo a 'no idea' - which obviously Kano hasn't . . . . .

Marc Overmars
26-04-2016, 03:39 PM
Hopefully for those families they can now begin to move on and see those responsible held to account.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Hopefully for those families they can now begin to move on and see those responsible held to account.

Definitely they've waited long enough

Saw Trevor Hicks on an open air radio show outside Goodison Park where they released "He ain't heavy he's my brother" to raise money for the campaign. Seemed genuinely nice guy, and it seemed clear that it doesn't matter if you are a red or a toffee in the city of Liverpool this means just as much to you.

Letters
27-04-2016, 07:18 AM
Note the front page of The Sun...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-36147007