PDA

View Full Version : St Totteringham's day - IT'S HAPPENED AGAIN!!!

Munchies
02-05-2016, 12:48 PM
We play City coming off the Madrid game. Villa are 3 points for everyone so that is a win.

Chelsea away and Spurs could easily drop points without Alli too. Saints yesterday (and previous games against us/others) have shown they can have a good go at the top teams. Tough fixture. Finally Newcastle game could be them playing for their season and it will be away so that could be very tough.

A while back it seemed impossible but with each game it's gotten a little more likely. Spurs are bigger bottlers than us.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/480/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2016/5/1/4420227c-fe91-41c8-8cbb-161898e54ded.png

Özil's Panoramic View
02-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Yay!

Niall_Quinn
02-05-2016, 12:52 PM
It is extremely unlikely we'll finish above them but if we could it would be a tiny, minuscule, vanishingly small crumb of comfort. The barest, meagre, absolute minimum possible. Wenger's speciality.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-05-2016, 12:53 PM
If they lose tonight, possibly. Otherwise, no.

Marc Overmars
02-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Don't see it happening I'm afraid.

Though it would be fucking hilarious if it did.

Niall_Quinn
02-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Don't see it happening I'm afraid.

Though it would be fucking hilarious if it did.

They'd be broken for all eternity if they fucked it up this year. I can't think how we could help them any more than we have.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Fucked up what?

The league has gone for them, even if they somehow win tonight it's only postponing inevitable

Will they regard this season as a success by finishing above us?

Niall_Quinn
02-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Fucked up what?

The league has gone for them, even if they somehow win tonight it's only postponing inevitable

Will they regard this season as a success by finishing above us?

This season is certainly a success for them, by comparison to the ones gone before. They have a manager doing the business, a team that leads the league in just about every measure (bar the points tally of course) and they are, yes, above us which I'm sure means a huge amount to them given how much we've rubbed their noses in it over the decades. They've done what we should be doing every year - compete. Well I suppose we have a whole bunch of excuses as consolation and with the Wengerdrones in full voice over the weekend we'll need to live on those excuses for a while yet I'd guess. The spuds are on the up and we are on the ways down. Inevitable, something had to eventually change for them and given who we have in charge there was always only one way we'd be heading.

Munchies
02-05-2016, 02:31 PM
This season is certainly a success for them, by comparison to the ones gone before. They have a manager doing the business, a team that leads the league in just about every measure (bar the points tally of course) and they are, yes, above us which I'm sure means a huge amount to them given how much we've rubbed their noses in it over the decades. They've done what we should be doing every year - compete. Well I suppose we have a whole bunch of excuses as consolation and with the Wengerdrones in full voice over the weekend we'll need to live on those excuses for a while yet I'd guess. The spuds are on the up and we are on the ways down. Inevitable, something had to eventually change for them and given who we have in charge there was always only one way we'd be heading.

:gp:

Pochettino is young and bright, up to date for the modern game, fearless against teams, and can get a team to beat Stoke away 4-0.

The squad is full of young and hungry players who play for the badge.

If they had a better squad to cope with the extra fixtures, they'd be first. Thank fuck for Leicester.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-05-2016, 02:48 PM
I don't know, I honestly don't think the fans of that club measure their success against us. Yes there is the champions league qualification but I think yes compared to other seasons it will be a success but I think they wanted the title and were hungry for it....so they will see it as disappointment come what may.
Unlike some of our fans who even finishing 4th will be an affirmation of the genius of L'Ouisseau

Niall_Quinn
02-05-2016, 03:02 PM
I don't know, I honestly don't think the fans of that club measure their success against us. Yes there is the champions league qualification but I think yes compared to other seasons it will be a success but I think they wanted the title and were hungry for it....so they will see it as disappointment come what may.
Unlike some of our fans who even finishing 4th will be an affirmation of the genius of L'Ouisseau

Of course they'll be disappointed. But they have concrete evidence of a big jump forward, so they aren't going to view that as a failure despite the fact they didn't land the title (whew). Certainly, it will have whetted their appetites. They won't be expecting to hang around for the next decade waiting for the next title charge. There's only one club in football that finds stagnation acceptable.

Marc Overmars
02-05-2016, 03:11 PM
My Spurs mate is very happy with how their season has panned out, they never expected a title challenge. While he's disappointed they haven't been able to chase down Leicester and he's concerned the opportunity may not arise again, he's still excited about the future, after all it's only their 2nd ever foray into the CL.

Like them, if we had challenged for the title and seen clear and tangible improvement in the way we play, I'm sure it would be accepted as progress as well. The frustration for us doesn't come from not winning the league, it comes from not even being in a position to challenge for it when it matters. A fact made even more difficult to accept when we've had donkey's years to get our act together.

Munchies
02-05-2016, 05:05 PM
My Spurs mate is very happy with how their season has panned out, they never expected a title challenge. While he's disappointed they haven't been able to chase down Leicester and he's concerned the opportunity may not arise again, he's still excited about the future, after all it's only their 2nd ever foray into the CL.

Like them, if we had challenged for the title and seen clear and tangible improvement in the way we play, I'm sure it would be accepted as progress as well. The frustration for us doesn't come from not winning the league, it comes from not even being in a position to challenge for it when it matters. A fact made even more difficult to accept when we've had donkey's years to get our act together.

:gp:

In all honesty, from the way the clubs are being run and managed, all their fans are happy and optimistic whereas our fans are divided. I genuinely am fed up of the constant shit Wenger is pulling and is able to get away with, and we're facing another summer of transfer misery where we don't spend the resources we've built up (in the right areas) to push us further (Wenger is working the Euros for French TV, his excuse already made). Wenger is also shot as a manager.

Chippy
02-05-2016, 05:14 PM
We play City coming off the Madrid game. Villa are 3 points for everyone so that is a win.

Chelsea away and Spurs could easily drop points without Alli too. Saints yesterday (and previous games against us/others) have shown they can have a good go at the top teams. Tough fixture. Finally Newcastle game could be them playing for their season and it will be away so that could be very tough.

A while back it seemed impossible but with each game it's gotten a little more likely. Spurs are bigger bottlers than us.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/480/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2016/5/1/4420227c-fe91-41c8-8cbb-161898e54ded.png
No chance! We are getting desperate for some sort of silver lining.

AFC Leveller
02-05-2016, 05:22 PM
They will lose tonight (or draw, can't see them winning) but we will drop points at city too so no point getting excited.

Al they need is a draw from their remaining 3 games to guarantee m 2ND place.

fakeyank
02-05-2016, 07:11 PM
The OP should be in the mindless optimism thread. Or is that thread dead?

Niall_Quinn
02-05-2016, 07:19 PM
The OP should be in the mindless optimism thread. Or is that thread dead?

Started to get insane in there with posts like, "I think we'll play entertaining football", and, "Wenger won't play Giroud today." There's a limit to optimism, even the mindless kind.

Xhaka Can’t
02-05-2016, 07:36 PM
No it isn't.

Chippy
02-05-2016, 07:58 PM

It's over! Lol!!

GP
02-05-2016, 07:58 PM
LMAO!

selassie
03-05-2016, 10:33 AM
They'll finish above us this season, it's amazing how gash we've been...yet we're only a couple of points behind. The reality is that they have looked a much better side than us for quite a while now, definitely this Calender year.

Some of you might not want to hear this but if we don't do anything substantial (be it change of tactics, transfers etc) this summer then I honestly believe they will finish comfortably above us next season.

Globalgunner
03-05-2016, 11:11 AM
If we keep our manager they will definitely finish above us. And if Prof digs in his heels and refuses to buy whats needed and get rid of the dross. then Pool City, Chelsea, maybe Utd (if they drop LVG) will all finish above us. Leicester may not be able to repeat this season....but who knows.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-05-2016, 11:34 AM
I think saying something will be "definite" is making yourself a hostage to fortune

It's not to say it's anywhere near good enough, but come what may this manager always reaches top four whether we fall away from a title challenge to third or fourth or making an uphill mountain club to it.

We are set up to get that position and if it's ever under threat we'd spend in January, I'm not saying we will definitely get top four next season but to say other sides will definitely finish above us is questionable.

Will we win the title? Probably not because we don't have a manager prepared to do what it takes to win the title.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2016, 12:18 PM
It's a certainty we won't win the title. There's zero chance. None whatsoever. After a decade of watching this shite we know very well we can't win the title. We know why we can't win it. We know how we'll lose it. We pretty much know when we'll lose it, although there's a little bit of variation in wondering whether we'll collapse over the starting line or the finish line. That's as exciting as it gets at Arsenal, trying to predict the timing of the collapse.

As for the top 4 trophy. Well that's ours. We'll definitely win that. It's what we do. We may have to up our game to do it. And we will. Top 4 is everything to this club. The whole operation is built around getting the top 4 so that extra cash comes in. As we know, £3million of that is already earmarked for Kroenke in return for his vital contribution to the club. What would we ever do without him?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-05-2016, 12:28 PM
I think there are too many things that definitely wouldn't happen that have to say anything as a definite

It is like I say incredibly unlikely that Wenger will buy the players we need to challenge, will appoint a coaching team and listen to their advice to get the best out of these players and flip the psychological block we have against some of the teams we play. Because if he was going to do that, he would have done it by now.

But there is always the small percentage which will make him think, I'm not prepared to go out like this and actually decide to make the effort. I think the chance he will are in the single digits because he is too entrenched but definite....never good to be definite about anything.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2016, 01:28 PM
I think there are too many things that definitely wouldn't happen that have to say anything as a definite

It is like I say incredibly unlikely that Wenger will buy the players we need to challenge, will appoint a coaching team and listen to their advice to get the best out of these players and flip the psychological block we have against some of the teams we play. Because if he was going to do that, he would have done it by now.

But there is always the small percentage which will make him think, I'm not prepared to go out like this and actually decide to make the effort. I think the chance he will are in the single digits because he is too entrenched but definite....never good to be definite about anything.

Are you listening to him? He thinks he's doing a good job and that the players he has are all that he needs. He may be forced into the transfer market to keep the peace but I bet if you gave him an opportunity to do whatever he wanted without having to consider the consequences he'd opt to do nothing. Either way, his halfhearted approach, in fact open hostility, to the transfer window means we'll never be getting the maximum possible while he is here. Bare minimum? Yes, of course. That's what he does.

rodders
03-05-2016, 01:43 PM
It is difficult to understand how even Arsene's most ardent admirer could think he is doing a good job.

Globalgunner
03-05-2016, 01:47 PM
A few years ago... quite a few actually, my kids are in their 20s now. We used to watch a certain cartoon. Wenger reminds me of the professor in there. He kept on experimenting in his lab fruitlessly to get a certain result. Probably mixing the same chemicals time and time again, maybe in varying proportions. But still the same chemicals and the same process but failed every time. It was until a loose chimp running amok in the lab accidentally poured in Chemical X before the desired result was found. He succeeds by divine intervention not by design, as he always starts out each season indulging himself in his idiosyncratic ways, selecting nincompoops and ne-erdowells in the team ahead functional contributors. Playing arcane formations bizarre selections with mindless substitutions. Not to mention our shot free football philosophy. Its only when injuries takes these useless ones out that he happens on the proper players.

Wenger wont win the league, next year or any year. It is beyond him. He will be left behind, out of his top 4, If he doesnt reinforce. Like it or not Sanchez and Ozil, along with Cech and smatterings of Kosc, who secured top 4 for us this season. If he doesnt buy anything close to what is required in the summer, both Ozil and Sanchez will switch off by December and we will freefall. Yes I am certain of it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-05-2016, 02:04 PM
It is difficult to understand how even Arsene's most ardent admirer could think he is doing a good job.

To play devils advocate, Wengers supporters take this view that between 2004 and 2012 he had virtually nothing to spend and that teams who ended up relegated spent more than us and that Wenger far surpassed what any other manager could achieve with such financial restrictions.

They believe that this entitles Wenger to choose his own departure date, that people who criticise him understand nothing about football and the reason he didn't sign players in the summer was that there was no one out there who could strengthen the team, in the sense they believed they are better players out there but the clubs would not have sold.

Not for a second do I agree with any of that, that's just what they think. But then again I don't agree with people calling him a retard either, he is a man who in almost any other profession would have retired by now and he's a man who has been given unprecedented responsibility and now has come to the point where he refuses to listen to any counsel but his own.

That's why I want him to go because I think it's unlikely he will change his way because he has switched off and thinks that criticism is ingratitude for the dedication he has shown to this club. Do i think he has the ability to change his ways and push beyond the minimum and challenge for major honours....I don't know....but with Wenger there is a difference between ability and willing. Carrying on the way he does there is no chance because he is blind to his own shortcomings and acts out of habbit rather than analytical thinking....and were it ten years ago and Wenger had not been placed on a pedestal by the club I think he might have approached things in a different way but who knows.

As people have alluded to on here earlier, Wenger without Dein is like Clough without Taylor.

alexander
03-05-2016, 06:55 PM
It's a certainty we won't win the title. There's zero chance. None whatsoever. After a decade of watching this shite we know very well we can't win the title. We know why we can't win it. We know how we'll lose it. We pretty much know when we'll lose it, although there's a little bit of variation in wondering whether we'll collapse over the starting line or the finish line. That's as exciting as it gets at Arsenal, trying to predict the timing of the collapse.

As for the top 4 trophy. Well that's ours. We'll definitely win that. It's what we do. We may have to up our game to do it. And we will. Top 4 is everything to this club. The whole operation is built around getting the top 4 so that extra cash comes in. As we know, £3million of that is already earmarked for Kroenke in return for his vital contribution to the club. What would we ever do without him?

If they keep Wenger (they will) we won't win the league. Even if he does a stack load of dealing in the transfer window (he won't) I still don't think we will win it. Next season will probably be the first for many a deluded year for myself that I won't even think "maybe we can do it this season". I've always been a defeatist, but there was always a tiny little bit of me that had hope, but really I knew.
Next season I can't even see me having that. I will just hope we do fairly well and get to the top four again, which is getting more difficult each year.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-05-2016, 07:08 PM

http://i68.tinypic.com/25jgkrq.png

dostoy
07-05-2016, 06:07 PM
This is not on at all.

We would have to win our last two games which is impossible in itself and they would have to get only two points out of six which won't happen either.

There goal difference is far better than ours and we must accept that they have been the better team this season.

I hate it as well but you have to be realistic.

Munchies
08-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Let's f'n go!

FOYS

Marc Overmars
08-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Won't happen.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2016, 02:12 PM
:lol:

Nah.

Marc Overmars
08-05-2016, 02:17 PM
The annoying thing is that we could easily have finished above them, despite how poor we've been.

Kano
08-05-2016, 02:27 PM
The door is open now.

It's up to us to make sure we close it on our own faces.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-05-2016, 02:48 PM
lol. Still unlikely as we'd need to beat City and hope for Newcastle to get something but at least it's something to sort of look forward to for the next couple of games now that top four is nearly all but certain.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-05-2016, 02:48 PM
The door is closed and locked

We won't finish 2nd, Wenger has made sure of that with his starting line up

milla
08-05-2016, 05:46 PM

LOL at Ramsey & El Neny CM pairing, they were ripped apart by Citeh today. We were lucky Giroud had his good luck hair gel on today, otherwise that header would hit Joe Hart in the face. :coffee:

Dicks and chicks
08-05-2016, 05:47 PM
maybe

Marc Overmars
08-05-2016, 06:23 PM
We're relying on Neverton to beat Sunderland, to give Newcastle something to play for on the final day.

I think we all know Neverton cannot be relied on for anything.

Coney
08-05-2016, 06:24 PM
I've prepared a batch of lasagne to send up to Newcastle. (Y)

selassie
09-05-2016, 11:49 AM
We're relying on Neverton to beat Sunderland, to give Newcastle something to play for on the final day.

Yeah Sunderland have hit a bit of form and Everton are in crisis at the moment, I'd be surprised if Sunderland don't pick up 3 points, a draw at worst.

We should be ahead of the Spuds now, we've dropped a lot of stupid points and only have ourselves to blame if we finish below them, would be hilarious if we finished above them though. :lol:

Özim
09-05-2016, 11:52 AM

Everton have been awful this season, Sunderland have a good chance of winning this.

Xhaka Can’t
09-05-2016, 06:43 PM
I sadly don't give a fuck if we finish below Spurs, I can't be any more pissed off than I am about this season having already factored in finishing below them.

They can't piss me off by crowing. Our season has been such a train wreck with no prospect of hope for the future, trivialities about where we are, relative to another bunch of bottling losers don't matter any more.

But it'll piss them off no end, and I'd chuckle at that. Briefly.

Munchies
15-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Me :bow:

Rafa :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
15-05-2016, 02:47 PM
If we actually do it I promise to never make a Rafa fat joke ever again.

Rafa :bow:

Marc Overmars
15-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Shouldn't have bumped this thread.

Jinxed it now.

Kano
15-05-2016, 02:53 PM

As I was originally joking, I thought it worth quoting this post.

dostoy
15-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Lets wait until the match is over.

Come on Newcastle and we need another one Arsenal.

Munchies
15-05-2016, 03:40 PM
PARTY TIME LADS!

The Emirates Gallactico
15-05-2016, 03:42 PM
PARTY TIME LADS!

Hold it!

Wouldn't put past Newcastle to conceed two goals in the last 10 minutes considering their short one player and are terrible defensively!

Don't double jinx it son!

Marc Overmars
15-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Unbelievable.

This is even more funnier than 2006.

selassie
15-05-2016, 03:47 PM
In tears here....:haha: :haha: :haha:

Power n Glory
15-05-2016, 03:48 PM
:haha: :dance:

The Emirates Gallactico
15-05-2016, 03:49 PM
NEVER IN ANY DOUBT!!!

:haha::haha::haha:

I am invisible
15-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Where are the links to the spufs forums?

Marc Overmars
15-05-2016, 03:50 PM
This is easily one of WUMger's greatest trolls.

Gooner23
15-05-2016, 03:53 PM
:haha: the best one yet

Marc Overmars
15-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Even by their standards this is pathetic. :haha:

Welcome back Spuds, you have been missed!

adzzzbatch
15-05-2016, 03:56 PM
This is so brilliant!!!

Niall_Quinn
15-05-2016, 03:58 PM
It's too funny to laugh at. Laughing wouldn't do it justice.

Kano
15-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Power shift :bow:

I am invisible
15-05-2016, 04:01 PM
League table (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/table)

JUSTICE!

GP
15-05-2016, 04:03 PM
http://www.onlinegooner.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_spudsvafc.gif

HAPPY ST. TOTTERINGHAM'S DAY!!

adzzzbatch
15-05-2016, 04:04 PM
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Munchies
15-05-2016, 04:04 PM
https://twitter.com/Podolski10/status/731874344167714816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

:haha:

Chesney put a tweet out too

LOL!

Xhaka Can’t
15-05-2016, 04:06 PM
http://www.onlinegooner.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_spudsvafc.gif

HAPPY ST. TOTTERINGHAM'S DAY!!

And I wish you many more!

I am invisible
https://redgunners.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/arsenewengersmiling.jpg

The Emirates Gallactico
Lol I love Podolski even if he was a bit shit. :lol:

And lol I tried going to one of their forums, the fighting cock, and it's understandably down. :lol:

Munchies
15-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Ches on instagram

https://twitter.com/MellorFootball/status/731877895891779584

Kano
15-05-2016, 04:10 PM
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/omt-tottenham-hotspur-vs-newcastle-united.8423/page-35

selassie
15-05-2016, 04:13 PM
https://twitter.com/Podolski10/status/731874344167714816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Chesney put a tweet out too

LOL!

Marc Overmars
15-05-2016, 04:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiglXJ9W0AAvIKZ.jpg

Munchies
15-05-2016, 04:16 PM
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/omt-tottenham-hotspur-vs-newcastle-united.8423/page-35

We needed 3 points from the last 12 to finish ahead of our local rivals who we haven't finished ahead of in 20 years. That's an Arsenal side having their worst season in a long time and where the fans want their manager sacked. We've been talking for months about our great season and a power shift. And we bottle it. Again. Except this time we don't just bottle it. We do it in unprecendented fashion. We lose 5-1 to a team already relegated side who were down to 10 men at 2-1. That allows a poor Arsenal side to finish ahead of us.

If you can't see why people are annoyed, you have no business on a football message board.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

GP
15-05-2016, 04:17 PM
https://twitter.com/pumafootball/status/731874615665012736

AFC Leveller
15-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Thank you Arsene, your record of never finishing below spuds has to be respected.

Munchies
15-05-2016, 04:20 PM
They're turning on Poch!

But f*ck me if people don't really, really underestimate AVB and rush to praise Poch when, as we have seen, he hasn't removed S.P.U.R.S.Y any more than any of our other managers have, and he hasn't removed the same damn vulnerabilities we've had throughout the PL era: soft at the back, mentally fragile, bottlers, useless.

GP
15-05-2016, 04:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiglXJ9W0AAvIKZ.jpg

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae331/mattlamb1982/WUMger.jpg

Munchies
15-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Ledley King was in with the fans

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CigruTXWgAATpHJ.jpg

adzzzbatch
:patrice::patrice::patrice::patrice::patrice::patr ice:

Munchies
http://i.imgur.com/OiK3CIA.gif
https://twitter.com/_EOW_/

Munchies
15-05-2016, 04:30 PM
When will u all realise that whatever players, manager etc are at the club. Nothing will ever change!

Losers is part and parcel of this embarrassing football club. It's in our DNA.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-05-2016, 04:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO351rCr0wA

Munchies
15-05-2016, 04:34 PM
https://twitter.com/MesutOzil1088/status/731885130084720641

https://twitter.com/bendtnerb52/status/731884374627614721

Letters
15-05-2016, 04:34 PM

Best one yet.

Happy St Totteringham's Day!

adzzzbatch
15-05-2016, 04:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO351rCr0wA

Still love that! :haha:

Coney
15-05-2016, 04:50 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13256134_10154023111886047_8854047553086309458_n.j pg?oh=db4cec9c249cbcd916a4ecf964bed94a&oe=57DE6B08

Munchies
15-05-2016, 05:10 PM
So Poch—all you’ve won is a tougher schedule next year. You haven’t won our hearts, or minds, or trust. Not after today. And you had better figure out how to start next season out strong or you may not be around to see the new stadium.

http://www.spurs-web.com/tottenham-hotspur-fan-articles/dive-mattered-spurs/

---

Spurs subreddit doesn't like being congratulated on their highest finish in Premier League

All I did was congratulate the spuds...

http://i.imgur.com/ozGVWV2.png

dostoy
15-05-2016, 05:30 PM
I certainly did not think we would have this day this season but I'm very happy it is here.

I cannot believe that Spuds conceded 3 goals against 10 men. I though they would score again and make it 2-2.

They have royally choked far worse than Arsenal ever have.

Unbelievable.

Don't we need a striker though, bloody hell do it Wenger.

LDG
15-05-2016, 05:39 PM

Beautiful.

Fucking spuddys put to bed again. Jesus they are always worth a giggle.

Just when you think they've finally got one on us, the find an even more hilarious way to fuck it up.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-05-2016, 05:43 PM
So Poch—all you’ve won is a tougher schedule next year. You haven’t won our hearts, or minds, or trust. Not after today. And you had better figure out how to start next season out strong or you may not be around to see the new stadium.

---

Spurs subreddit doesn't like being congratulated on their highest finish in Premier League

And I thought it was our fans who were spoilt, petulant and entitled

At least Pochettino apologised to the fans, when has Wenger ever done that.

Letters
15-05-2016, 05:49 PM
So the last 3 seasons we've finished...
4th
3rd
2nd

I think we all know what comes next :cool:

Wenger :bow:

:run:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-05-2016, 05:57 PM
So the last 3 seasons we've finished...
4th
3rd
2nd

I think we all know what comes next :cool:

Wenger :bow:

:run:

Where have you appeared from?. I did try and start a rumour that you were dead

milla
15-05-2016, 06:07 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/wojciech-szczesny-destroys-tottenham-way-7976844

I am invisible
15-05-2016, 06:28 PM
http://talksport.com/football/ive-never-been-ashamed-tottenham-spurs-fans-react-st-totteringhams-day-160515195940?

How did we manage to finish 3rd when we were the other team in a 2-horse race for the title. Only Tottenham bloody Hotspur.

LDG
15-05-2016, 06:29 PM
http://talksport.com/football/ive-never-been-ashamed-tottenham-spurs-fans-react-st-totteringhams-day-160515195940?

GP
15-05-2016, 06:31 PM
I won't stop laughing about this one for a long, long time.

Marc Overmars
15-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Never again will I underestimate their ability to cock it up. They are the gift that keep on giving.

Munchies
15-05-2016, 06:42 PM

ROFLMAO!

AFC Leveller
15-05-2016, 07:30 PM
This season has been a success imo.

Highest placed London club trophy
21st st Totteringham's day in a row
Highest finish since we moved to the emirates

Etc.

Xhaka Can’t
15-05-2016, 07:30 PM

---

We won none of the first four games of the season (and won’t have one of our best players for the first four next year) and none of the last four, and ended the season in humiliation—St Totteringhams Day came very late but with a cruel punch. I don’t care how good the thirty in between were because we are like that skier who thought she had Olympic Gold, tried one more trick, fell on her arse, and blew the whole thing.

Stupid cunt.

It was a snowboarder.

Xhaka Can’t
15-05-2016, 07:35 PM

How about now?

GP
15-05-2016, 07:40 PM
How about now?

LDG
15-05-2016, 08:01 PM
1-1 at Newcastle.

Sorry, I mean. 5-1 at Newcastle.

GP
15-05-2016, 08:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTmVO9y_QP0&ab_channel=AndreiAdrianSchiopu

Chippy
15-05-2016, 08:26 PM
This season has been a success imo.

Highest placed London club trophy
21st st Totteringham's day in a row
Highest finish since we moved to the emirates

Etc.
So pleased that we finished above the scum! However, Wenger got out of jail BIG time today!! He better fucking spend now and never let this happen again!! Spuds are so shit ! Fucking hilarious!

Letters
15-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Where have you appeared from?. I did try and start a rumour that you were dead

Got a bit sick of the endless bile, tbh. Seemed to infect almost every thread.
Today's events cheered me sufficiently - and I thought would have done so to others too - to make me want to have a look here again and join in the St Totteringham's Day festivities.

Marc Overmars
15-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Got a bit sick of the endless bile, tbh. Seemed to infect almost every thread.
Today's events cheered me sufficiently - and I thought would have done so to others too - to make me want to have a look here again and join in the St Totteringham's Day festivities.

Glory hunter

Kano
15-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Is anyone's view of the full site all over the place?

Hump
15-05-2016, 09:34 PM
The Germans have a word for taking delight in a rivals failure I think it's called Steffenfreunder.

selassie
15-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Am I only one still laughing? :haha: This season has been absolutely brutal since January but I take great comfort in finishing above those mugs, they were no closer to the title than us when it comes down to it and we've been the pits this season :haha:

Xhaka Can’t
15-05-2016, 10:58 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XJeL2MNpw

Munchies
16-05-2016, 12:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5ELEZnFz0

Maestro
16-05-2016, 03:44 AM
Hah hah hah, we're still laughing. It's happened again!

Going to work is so much fun today :)

I am invisible
16-05-2016, 07:35 AM
Hahaha! All the office spuds are huddled together in a corner at the moment, talking in whispers!

I wasn't going to give it the big show this morning, but as they're all in one place...

Munchies
16-05-2016, 08:47 AM

Morning pals

LDG
16-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Roffling Lolspurzzz

Munchies
16-05-2016, 09:17 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CikTCjsWsAA3UJs.jpg

Spurs only needed 3 points from these 4 games to confirm 2nd

They took the lead in 3 of them

Gooner23
16-05-2016, 09:19 AM
There are a lot of spuds in hiding this morning. So many of them have been giving it the big one all season, it's quite hilarious.

Munchies
16-05-2016, 09:21 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CikTCjsWsAA3UJs.jpg

Spurs only needed 3 points from these 4 games to confirm 2nd

They took the lead in 3 of them

http://i.imgur.com/3krDfJl.gif

LDG
16-05-2016, 09:23 AM

GP
16-05-2016, 09:24 AM
All they needed was a point against 10-man, relegated Newcastle.

LDG
16-05-2016, 09:28 AM
All they needed was a point against 10-man, relegated Newcastle.

The only thing that could have gone slightly better, would have been for them to have gotten to 2-2 and then fucked it up again.

But I'll take this after our car crash season.

Spurzy

LDG
16-05-2016, 09:37 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/16/arsenal-are-lucky-to-finish-second---they-need-to-spend-this-sum/

Oh Harry.

Fuck off.

Niall_Quinn
16-05-2016, 10:01 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/16/arsenal-are-lucky-to-finish-second---they-need-to-spend-this-sum/

Oh Harry.

Fuck off.

The only way we'll get closer to the spuds is to somehow, if it's even possible, have a season that was worse than this one. I think that's the bit 'Arry isn't getting. If I was a spuds fan I'd kill myselfbe very worried about the very obvious inferiority complex they have that means they simply cannot beat us no matter what odds are in their favour. That has to go down as one of the biggest and most destructive collapses in PL history. Doesn't matter how short our shadow has become, they'll find it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Yesterday was a mental collapse which far exceeds anything I've seen from Arsenal

Yes I've seen us pulled apart on the counter, look like we don't care.....but Spurs actually literally looked shell shocked it was like watching someone staring into space and you call their name as much as you like and they won't be able to register a response.

selassie
16-05-2016, 10:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3krDfJl.gif

LDG
16-05-2016, 10:18 AM
The only way we'll get closer to the spuds is to somehow, if it's even possible, have a season that was worse than this one. I think that's the bit 'Arry isn't getting. If I was a spuds fan I'd kill myselfbe very worried about the very obvious inferiority complex they have that means they simply cannot beat us no matter what odds are in their favour. That has to go down as one of the biggest and most destructive collapses in PL history. Doesn't matter how short our shadow has become, they'll find it.

I like the bit about us having to spend to get anywhere near Sp*rs.

GP
16-05-2016, 10:24 AM
Reports that a controlled implosion was carried out at White Hart Lane.

Niall_Quinn
16-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Reports that a controlled implosion was carried out at White Hart Lane.

Didn't looked controlled to me.

LDG
16-05-2016, 10:45 AM
From Arsenal Gent:

Yesterday was jolly fun,
And just a little Spursy,
At least you're in the Champions League,
It makes a change from Thursday

I am invisible
16-05-2016, 10:49 AM

I don't know how much easier we can make it for them? We basically played the whole season with no striker, half a season with no midfield, our best player was knackered from the Copa America, we didn't bother with summer recruitment, we never bother with tactics or planning...

I am invisible
16-05-2016, 10:50 AM
From Arsenal Gent:

Yesterday was jolly fun,
And just a little Spursy,
At least you're in the Champions League,
It makes a change from Thursday

Spursday, please.

Niall_Quinn
16-05-2016, 11:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qz-TQiTaM

IBK
16-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Enjoyed that!

Still laughing today. Absolutely hilarious final day of the season.

My favourite gem from 'Glory Glory':

Only we could finish 3rd in a 2 horse race.

Humiliating.

LDG
16-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Spursy McThirdplace

McNamara That Ghost...
16-05-2016, 07:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qz-TQiTaM

LDG. :bow:

LDG
16-05-2016, 08:41 PM

He doesn't look like me.

Does he? :unsure:

fakeyank
16-05-2016, 08:46 PM

He doesn't look like me.

Nah bro.. you are much worse! :console:

Kidding :hug:

Niall_Quinn
16-05-2016, 10:31 PM

He doesn't look like me.

Shit, I thought it was you. That's why I posted it :doh:

Ralpheroo72
16-05-2016, 10:47 PM
ESPN Sucking Pochettino's cock. Steve Nicol the bitter Scot mocking Wenger and his accent. In fact, they are all twats.

http://www.espnfc.com.au/blog/marcotti-musings/62/post/2874113/arsenal-finishing-above-spurs-does-not-mean-much

Grebbo
17-05-2016, 04:09 AM
I still can't believe they lost 5-1 to Newcastle :haha:

From Glory Glory:

I am going round the house collecting everything I own with Tottenham on and will take it down to oxfam, seriously the last straw for me, why should we care if the club does not care, they took us for a ride for so long, today they just lost a fan, I suppose they wont care because they can replace me with some american or asian fan, that is what the premiership has become.

But I am sad, because today is the day I stopped being a Tottenham fan.

:haha: :haha:

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2016, 08:26 AM
He has a point though. I'm not sure these players really care that much, maybe with a few exceptions. When you lose 5-1 like that, or when we lost 4-0 for example, you have to question the players' attitudes. There doesn't seem to be the win at all costs mentality that used to be a trademark of the old first division and the early years of the PL. Comfort and sport don't go together well. Hunger is what you need. Leicester had it but it will be interesting to see how their players, who worked so hard this year, respond to a little bit of PL style pampering. If the owner is sensible he'll buy them a bag of chips to share as their bonus and leave it at that. Winning the title should be all the bonus they'll need. But the book deals and the media interviews and the TV adverts, they'll all be along soon I suppose.

LDG
17-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Shit, I thought it was you. That's why I posted it :doh:

It was Maccy that said it looked like me.

Pissed again eh?

Toronto Gooner
17-05-2016, 01:41 PM
ESPN Sucking Pochettino's cock. Steve Nicol the bitter Scot mocking Wenger and his accent. In fact, they are all twats.

http://www.espnfc.com.au/blog/marcotti-musings/62/post/2874113/arsenal-finishing-above-spurs-does-not-mean-much

I had the very dubious pleasure of watching the programme, Football Today (produced by the Premier League Productions) yesterday afternoon. They had Don Hutchison prattling on about how good Leicester were and how, despite being 3rd, Spurs were better than Arsenal.

AFC Leveller
17-05-2016, 02:14 PM
The table doesnt lie, Spurs are 3rd and we are 2nd. They blew it like they always do.

Munchies
18-05-2016, 11:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEaeX8UyQTU

Savage :bow:

Kano
18-05-2016, 12:48 PM
The only thing that prick ever destroyed was any midfield he was part of.