PDA

View Full Version : Why Ozil?

Toronto Gooner
26-06-2016, 04:47 PM
I am curious why Ozil took the penalty for Germany ahead of Gomez and Muller?

Niall_Quinn
26-06-2016, 05:20 PM
I am curious why Ozil took the penalty for Germany ahead of Gomez and Muller?

It was a research project. Will every Arsenal player asked to perform a function under pressure bottle it?

McNamara That Ghost...
26-06-2016, 05:23 PM
He has regularly in fairness. And he doesn't often screw them up, for Germany at least.

Toronto Gooner
26-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Thanks, I suspect that there is a Ph.D. thesis in studying the psychology of Arsenal players taking penalties. ;)

By coincidence, the Canadian post-match commentary showed Muller pointing to Ozil immediately after the penalty was awarded. One of the commentators (Jason de Vos) said that this was because Muller missed 4 of 7 penalties this season.

Marc Overmars
26-06-2016, 11:20 PM
I've only seen the penalties he has missed for us and the one today, but I think his technique is horrible. That whole slow jog run up lacks conviction.

AFC Leveller
26-06-2016, 11:39 PM
I've only seen the penalties he has missed for us and the one today, but I think his technique is horrible. That whole slow jog run up lacks conviction.

Agreed. He looks unsure and hesitant, keepers can tell he lacks confidence.

selassie
27-06-2016, 01:57 PM
Agreed. He looks unsure and hesitant, keepers can tell he lacks confidence.

Totally agree, I knew he would miss even before he took it! He looked so hesitant!

Toronto Gooner
28-06-2016, 01:44 PM
I cannot disagree with the sentiment that he looked hesitant and scared. I wonder if this was a decision made on the fly by Muller saying "I am not taking it".

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
28-06-2016, 11:46 PM
He's not the best striker of a football in terms of shooting.....regardless of his run up.