PDA

View Full Version : Wenger gets Henry to quit his u-21 coaching role

Munchies
12-07-2016, 07:13 AM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has delivered an extraordinary ultimatum to Thierry Henry, arguably the greatest player in the club's history. Wenger has ruled that Henry can only have a coaching role with Arsenal's academy if he devotes himself full-time and relinquishes his Sky Sports punditry duties. The Gunners boss feels his fellow Frenchman cannot work within the club during the week and then criticise their players at the weekend.

Power n Glory
12-07-2016, 07:35 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/12/thierry-henry-to-leave-coaching-role-at-arsenal-after-arsene-wen/

It's best Henry doesn't pick up anything from him as a coach.

Arsene Wenger has rejected an offer from Arsenal legend Thierry Henry to work for the club for free with the record goalscorer poised to become the latest in a long line of players to start his coaching career elsewhere.

Henry was offered a job coaching Arsenal’s Under-18s by head of the academy Andries Jonker, only to be personally overruled by Wenger.

Despite his statue sitting outside the Emirates Stadium, Henry joins the likes of Patrick Vieira, Dennis Bergkamp, Marc Overmars and, most recently, Mikel Arteta in making the move into coaching away from manager Wenger and Arsenal.

Having completed his A licence coaching qualification while working with Arsenal’s kids, Henry must now coach a team to get his Uefa pro licence and had hoped to do so with the Gunners’ Under-18s.

Wenger, though, informed Henry that a position with the Under-18s must be a full-time role and cannot be combined with his work for Sky television.

Henry was critical of Arsenal's performances last season during his punditry work for Sky Sports CREDIT: REX
Henry responded by offering to work with Under-18s coach Kwame Ampadu without collecting a wage, while still fulfilling his Sky obligations, but Wenger turned him down.

An offer to coach the club’s strikers was also rejected by the 66-year-old. While senior figures inside the Emirates were happy for Henry to stay and continue his education at Arsenal, a final decision was left down to Wenger.

Sources around Arsenal believe Wenger does not want anybody at the club’s London Colney training ground who may be prepared to challenge him or be seen as a possible threat to his position in the future.

Wenger was unhappy with comments Henry made on Sky last season, claiming he had never seen the Arsenal fans so unhappy, even though the 38-year-old has always been supportive of his old manager.

Henry had been a popular figure among the Arsenal players, young and old. Theo Walcott was just one Arsenal first-team star who went on record as saying that he had benefitted from his presence at the training ground.

The reason given to Henry that he cannot combine coaching the Under-18s with his Sky work does not entirely stack up, given Vieira was not allowed a senior role at Arsenal under Wenger even though he did not have any other commitments.

Vieira accepted a youth development role at Manchester City in 2011 and worked his way up the ranks before being put in charge of New York City, who are owned by City, in November last year.

It is still a source of embarrassment to many people who work at Arsenal that Vieira has played a key role in City becoming a fierce rival of the Gunners.

City will have another former Arsenal star playing a key coaching role for them next season after Arteta accepted a position in Pep Guardiola’s backroom staff.

The 34-year-old had been groomed for a coaching position at Arsenal, but Wenger stalled over how he could fit Arteta into his staff, allowing Guardiola to make him a first-team coach.

The former Barcelona manager referenced the importance of the Spaniard in his first City press conference.

Bergkamp turned down an offer to scout for Arsenal and Wenger after retiring from playing, and instead returned to Ajax to start a coaching career that saw him promoted to assistant manager under Frank de Boer.

Overmars also went back to Holland and is director of football at Ajax, having started work as a youth coach in 2011.

Wenger has allowed a number of his old players back to Arsenal in temporary roles and working with the junior teams, but only former defender Steve Bould has managed to hold down a long-term position in his backroom staff.

Bould was head coach of the Under-18s before he became Wenger’s assistant, following the retirement of Pat Rice in 2012.

Wenger’s snub has left Henry having to look for a different club to complete his pro licence at and the Frenchman is understood to be considering numerous offers from the Premier League and abroad.

Not really fussed about Henry being part of the set up. I think it was a PR stunt from the club. Coaching the under 18s seems like a token role more than anything else. Arteta moving over to City bothers me more because we've heard how smart and good he is with the players and it would make sense to want to retain talent like that. I guess the bright side is that he'll learn from one of the best coaches in the game. The real worry for us is who will succeed Wenger. It can't come from within the ranks. In fact, if the club had plans of grooming Henry for the role, it's a bad move. What good would it be he learning from the under 18s coach anyway?

GP
12-07-2016, 07:58 AM
Quote right too. Do it properly or don't do it at all.

Niall_Quinn
12-07-2016, 07:58 AM
Why is this has-been old loser issuing ultimatums to winners?

And if we're talking about ultimatums - Hey Wenger! 12 years is a piss-take mate. Get your fucking finger out or piss off!

You can start by signing a strikernew 3 year contract. :doh:

Özim
12-07-2016, 09:25 AM
The control freak is at it again, as usual he's embarrassing himself.

He should think himself lucky a player of Henrys calibre is even interested.

Kano
12-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Well going by the inane comments Henry provides every week on Sky, he hasn't shown himself to be the next managerial legend in the making.

You can't have someone working for the club and then going on TV to criticise his employers.

Özim
12-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, at the end of the day they club don't do things the right way as everyone knows, so they are bound to be criticised.

Sure if you're in a dictatorial setup then criticism doesn't work, but any other circumstances it's fine to give your opinion on what needs to change.

The issue is we don't like to be put on the spot of questioned about our methods because we always think we're right, the screening of the questions at the AGM is one example, so is the criticism and blaming of the fans.

Niall_Quinn
12-07-2016, 10:22 AM
Why is Wenger a pundit then? If he's commenting on the French game, which he was, and Giroud plays shit then is he supposed to lie to avoid a conflict of interests? He should practise what he preaches first and then start laying down the law. It's true enough, none of them should be pundits. The conflict of interests is clear. And what sort of expertise is Wenger providing anyway? How to lose a title to Leicester? How to be shit in the CL? How to always leave a club short of the players it needs?

Özim
12-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Why is Wenger a pundit then? If he's commenting on the French game, which he was, and Giroud plays shit then is he supposed to lie to avoid a conflict of interests? He should practise what he preaches first and then start laying down the law. It's true enough, none of them should be pundits. The conflict of interests is clear. And what sort of expertise is Wenger providing anyway? How to lose a title to Leicester? How to be shit in the CL? How to always leave a club short of the players it needs?

Pot calling the kettle black really, the guy has one rule for himself and another rule for others and frankly what is he doing being a pundit in the 1st place, I don't see other managers doing it when they are employed, he already gets 8 million a year FFS, he should be doing what he's paid to do and recruiting players whilst he has the time.

Niall_Quinn
12-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Pot calling the kettle black really, the guy has one rule for himself and another rule for others and frankly what is he doing being a pundit in the 1st place, I don't see other managers doing it when they are employed, he already gets 8 million a year FFS.

The old saying that nobody is as big as the club doesn't apply to us. Clearly this is Arsene FC. Arsenal FC is just the brand name. He's driven away everyone bar Bould, and by the look of it Bould is allowed fuck all say in anything anyway. This old has-been needs to go and somebody in the boardroom needs to find their balls. Won't happen though. Instead they'll roll out the red carpet for another 3 years of miserly misery. Fuck the fans, fuck the football, just keep that cash pouring in.

Özim
12-07-2016, 10:33 AM
The old saying that nobody is as big as the club doesn't apply to us. Clearly this is Arsene FC. Arsenal FC is just the brand name. He's driven away everyone bar Bould, and by the look of it Bould is allowed fuck all say in anything anyway. This old has-been needs to go and somebody in the boardroom needs to find their balls. Won't happen though. Instead they'll roll out the red carpet for another 3 years of miserly misery. Fuck the fans, fuck the football, just keep that cash pouring in.

He's definitely become bigger than the club, some fans can't imagine the club without him and don't want him to ever leave because we might implode and disappear. As you said he doesn't allow anyone else to have an opinion or say, or to question his very flawed methods, it's embarassing really.

He can't find any players better than what we have and yet he has time to go and enjoy himself at the Euros, do me a favour....

Marc Overmars
12-07-2016, 10:40 AM

Exactly what I was about to post, the guy turns pundit whenever a tournament comes around.

He's a control freak, won't listen to another opinion, particularly one from a player he used to manage. It's a miracle Bould was even promoted but it's become increasingly clear he's nothing but a cone man. Boro Primorac is probably the only one with any say.

If Arteta is good enough to work with Guardiola then he is good enough for Wenger, or maybe he was too good and that's why he left.

Gooner23
12-07-2016, 11:07 AM
One of my issues with Henry as a pundit is that he's too reserved in his criticism, particularly of Wenger who he clearly still has a lot of time for.

Bizarre line for Wenger to take then, particularly as mentioned he's so quick to earn a few extra bucks doing the French TV work.

The Emirates Gallactico
12-07-2016, 11:10 AM
On principle he's probably right, it really should be one or the other but the hypocrisy as has been pointed out already is outstanding.

The guy does punditry work for French TV regularly despite already being flushed with cash.

Kano
12-07-2016, 12:15 PM
One of my issues with Henry as a pundit is that he's too reserved in his criticism, particularly of Wenger who he clearly still has a lot of time for.

One of my biggest issues with Henry as a pundit is he's a shit pundit.

KSE Comedy Club
12-07-2016, 12:18 PM
On principle he's probably right, it really should be one or the other but the hypocrisy as has been pointed out already is outstanding.

The guy does punditry work for French TV regularly despite already being flushed with cash.
Of course, on the back of that we could argue that Wenger is right - that's why he does such a shit job for us :lol:

Özim
12-07-2016, 12:18 PM
You seem to think the same of all pundits. I don't think Henry is sh*t at all, though I agree he's maybe not as critical of Wenger as he should be, very few former players are though and when they do have the guts to say something people on here ridicule them and defend Venga.

Kano
12-07-2016, 12:37 PM
You seem to think the same of all pundits. I don't think Henry is sh*t at all, though I agree he's maybe not as critical of Wenger as he should be, very few former players are though and when they do have the guts to say something people on here ridicule them and defend Venga.

Yes I do. They are all scared lackies sitting on the fence, all part of the old boys club, fearful of putting themselves out there and actually offering an opinion rather than the same dull, boring analysis. Never wanting to offend any player or manager. Never offering an insight, just telling us what we've just seen on the pitch ourselves. Possibly Roy Keane is the only one I have any time for because he doesn't give a shit about anyone and all the others are too scared to pipe up and contradict him. We get Droning Hargreaves, Stupid Owen, Idiot Quinn, Parrot Carragher, Posing Henry, Miserable Murphy, Wooden Shearer, Retarded Savage, Bitter Souness, Creepy Lineker, Dumb James, Predictable McManaman, Vacant Redknapp - a bunch of hopeless numpties working on cliched loop, saying the same tepid shit every single week, scooping up easy paychecks.

Gooner23
12-07-2016, 01:01 PM
To be fair the vast majority of pundits are shit. I like Neville and Murphy because I feel like I am learning more than what I am capable of working out myself just from watching. But that's pretty much it.

I liked Vialli during the euros because he called the Italian backline the inglorious basterds on live mid afternoon tv.

selassie
12-07-2016, 03:08 PM
Exactly what I was about to post, the guy turns pundit whenever a tournament comes around.

He's a control freak, won't listen to another opinion, particularly one from a player he used to manage. It's a miracle Bould was even promoted but it's become increasingly clear he's nothing but a cone man. Boro Primorac is probably the only one with any say.

If Arteta is good enough to work with Guardiola then he is good enough for Wenger, or maybe he was too good and that's why he left.

Yep, agree with you both.

Munchies
12-07-2016, 05:19 PM
https://twitter.com/ThierryHenry/with_replies

Ffs Wenger :doh:

AFC Leveller
12-07-2016, 05:35 PM
I agree with Kano, the pundits that we are forced to watch are absolutely shit, boring at best. It always t same line and old used up cliches.

Henry sounded a bit pissed of on Facebook taking Jonker and saying he "respects wenger's opinion".

Wenger is a hypocrite of the highest order and a real authentic control freak. No one I allowed to question him, he thinks he is right all the time and will do things his way as long as he is here.

Cunt.

Power n Glory
12-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Wenger didn't even offer him a move. Just blocked it. Selfish guy.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Tad Hypocritcal as well if he's citing that he doesn't want Henry's sky punditry commitments to clash with coaching role

Hang on shouldn't you have been trying to sign players this summer rather than tv punditry work?

Power n Glory
12-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Tad Hypocritcal as well if he's citing that he doesn't want his sky pundit commitments to clash with coaching role

Hang on shouldn't you have been trying to sign players this summer rather than tv punditry work?

Exactly.

Özim
12-07-2016, 06:39 PM
He's literally like a dictator, we just can't get rid of him and he does anything he can to make sure noone can have a say or opinion other than his at the club, I'd love someone to dress him down in public and make him look that the clown he really is.

How can anyone have any respect for this guy is beyond me.

Mr. Lahey
12-07-2016, 06:58 PM
how and why is this Wengers decision? what a hypocritical twat he is - just fuck off somewhere seriously.

Niall_Quinn
12-07-2016, 07:00 PM
He needs to get out of the club now. We need a clean break from this guy, come what may.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-07-2016, 07:03 PM
If his reason for it is due to Henry being a pundit on weekends and criticising players seems a bit odd given he'd be coaching the U18's; not the first team.

However can understand why he'd want someone fully committed. Also if people are to believe the above is the case then you can't say he blocked the move as in the same newsbite it says he wanted Henry commit but only as a full time obligation.

Munchies
12-07-2016, 07:08 PM
Fuck off Wenger

Had enough of this guy

Hurry up May 2017

Hopefully the home toursit fans who support him at games do one too, had your chance you cunts

Munchies
12-07-2016, 07:08 PM
how and why is this Wengers decision? what a hypocritical twat he is - just fuck off somewhere seriously.

Yeah

Henry confirmed it was Wenger on his twitter page

McNamara That Ghost...
12-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Classy.

Munchies
12-07-2016, 07:15 PM
Classy.

https://vine.co/v/MpqYU6pFVa7

McNamara That Ghost...
12-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Flavs. :bow:

GP
12-07-2016, 07:46 PM
People who can't pronounce 'Wenger'

:doh:

Xhaka Can’t
12-07-2016, 08:03 PM
Yes I do. They are all scared lackies sitting on the fence, all part of the old boys club, fearful of putting themselves out there and actually offering an opinion rather than the same dull, boring analysis. Never wanting to offend any player or manager. Never offering an insight, just telling us what we've just seen on the pitch ourselves. Possibly Roy Keane is the only one I have any time for because he doesn't give a shit about anyone and all the others are too scared to pipe up and contradict him. We get Droning Hargreaves, Stupid Owen, Idiot Quinn, Parrot Carragher, Posing Henry, Miserable Murphy, Wooden Shearer, Retarded Savage, Bitter Souness, Creepy Lineker, Dumb James, Predictable McManaman, Vacant Redknapp - a bunch of hopeless numpties working on cliched loop, saying the same tepid shit every single week, scooping up easy paychecks.

+1 on your sentiment. I watched the European final on ITV because I'd rather watch adverts sprinkled with whatever was going through Roy Keane's tortured mind rather than unbroken inanity.

I've seen little of Henry as a pundit and what I have seen I honestly cannot remember a thing he said about anything.

Niall_Quinn
13-07-2016, 03:15 PM
West Ham and Watford have offered Henry a chance to come and finish his coaching, without placing any conditions on his Sky commitments.

The more you think about this, the more it is plain Wenger is an enormous twat. He really is. The guy is terrified of anyone else having an influence with the players. Everyone wanted Henry there, except L'Imbecile. I really wish he'd just piss off. Every week that passes he does more harm to the club.

Özim
13-07-2016, 03:18 PM
West Ham and Watford have offered Henry a chance to come and finish his coaching, without placing any conditions on his Sky commitments.

The more you think about this, the more it is plain Wenger is an enormous twat. He really is. The guy is terrified of anyone else having an influence with the players. Everyone wanted Henry there, except L'Imbecile. I really wish he'd just piss off. Every week that passes he does more harm to the club.

:goodpost: He's a horrible little man with a huge ego which won't allow anyone else in the room with him. He's doing things wrong but won't listen to advice or suggestions on how it could be improved, he's a lost cause.

Power n Glory
13-07-2016, 05:07 PM
It's a shame to see Henry coaching with another club but Wenger has always kept former players at a distance. Once they start to get old physically he ushers them towards the exit. In 20 years at the club he hasn't taken a single player under his wing as a potential successor or even help boost their profile so they can manage another club. Staggering when you think of what Fergie does for his former players. I have no idea why it's taken so long for Adams to be offered a role at the club and Keown should have had a full time role with us years ago. I'm sure there are a cases where it's not entirely Wenger's fault but we're looking he's been here for two decades now and those that are in coaching backroom staff roles had to go it alone outside of Arsenal. Why?

Marc Overmars
13-07-2016, 05:37 PM
It's a shame to see Henry coaching with another club but Wenger has always kept former players at a distance. Once they start to get old physically he ushers them towards the exit. In 20 years at the club he hasn't taken a single player under his wing as a potential successor or even help boost their profile so they can manage another club. Staggering when you think of what Fergie does for his former players. I have no idea why it's taken so long for Adams to be offered a role at the club and Keown should have had a full time role with us years ago. I'm sure there are a cases where it's not entirely Wenger's fault but we're looking he's been here for two decades now and those that are in coaching backroom staff roles had to go it alone outside of Arsenal. Why?

I just don't think he is comfortable with the possibility of being undermined by someone he used to have authority over.

Letters
13-07-2016, 06:03 PM
But not during the season and not on Arsenal games. There is a difference.

GP
13-07-2016, 06:09 PM

Of course there is. You can accuse Wenger of a lot of things but his dedication to his work is obvious. He's well within his rights to expect his coaches to take their work seriously. Not as a time-filler when there isn't a game to cover.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
13-07-2016, 06:22 PM
My first thought when I heard about Henry taking up a role at the club was one of surprise because of his Sky role so I am not really surprised things have transpired the way they have.

Power n Glory
13-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Of course there is. You can accuse Wenger of a lot of things but his dedication to his work is obvious. He's well within his rights to expect his coaches to take their work seriously. Not as a time-filler when there isn't a game to cover.

Henry never struck me as someone that that lacked dedication in his playing career.

In regards to coaching, this is what Jonker said about him.

“Thierry’s own wish is to be at Arsenal five, six, seven days a week. It’s his own ambition to invest in his own future as a coach. What I am recognising is a guy who had a brilliant career as a player that is able to transfer his knowledge and experience to the boys. And the most important thing is he is willing to do it.”

Something else must be going on here. Can't be Thierry's dedication and focus. Training sessions are in the morning. Punditry work shouldn't take up loads of hours either.

fakeyank
13-07-2016, 06:41 PM
The only way Wenger will ever leave this club is on his death bed. With the wealth he has, that will be probably another 40-50 years.

fakeyank
13-07-2016, 06:43 PM

He doesnt even turn manager during Arsenal games. He might as well become a pundit! :lol:

Marc Overmars
13-07-2016, 06:45 PM
He would have worked for free, says it all really. Not that he needs the money anyway but it's obvious his heart is with Arsenal and wanted to help.

I doubt punditry once or twice a week is going to impede his ability to coach. Wenger is of course within his rights to do what he wants with his staff but he does himself no favours really. Hopefully this is his last season. :pray:

Niall_Quinn
13-07-2016, 06:45 PM
Sounded like Henry was very popular at the club. Hardly surprising. So obviously that won't have gone down well with the control freak we have in charge. Thou shall worship one God and one God alone. Don't forget, he's been sent to make mankind better. Although modesty only allows him to suggest this is the case, rather than confirming it.

Perhaps the only way we'll get rid of this arsehole is if everyone from the tea lady through the players and the fans leave the club and set up a new one. Then the old goat can do whatever he wants without bollocksing it up for everyone.

Niall_Quinn
13-07-2016, 06:47 PM
He would have worked for free, says it all really. Not that he needs the money anyway but it's obvious his heart is with Arsenal and wanted to help.

I doubt punditry once or twice a week is going to impede his ability to coach. Wenger is of course within his rights to do what he wants with his staff but he does himself no favours really. Hopefully this is his last season. :pray:

He wasn't going to work for free. What he wanted to do was distribute his pay among the other coaches. I guess he wanted to help out the guys earning one lump of coal a week and two at Christmas.

It won't be his last season. The old money farts love him. He's going nowhere.

Niall_Quinn
13-07-2016, 06:49 PM

This is true. He puts an extraordinary amount of effort into achieving the results he has achieved. Which is very, very sad - considering.

GP
13-07-2016, 07:11 PM
You're very sad considering.

Kano
13-07-2016, 07:41 PM

Henry obviously wants to learn and loves Arsenal. No doubt about that. But I'm not sure how it works the closer he gets to the first team, with him going onto Sky and criticising the team and manager, then coming into work the next day. Wenger does it for the national team only and I'd bet my last pound that he turns into the supreme politician that he is when criticism around his own players may come up. Whereas Henry wouldn't do that because he's desperate to prove his worth as a pundit. He was given a real choice to make - money or coaching with a top Premier League team and he's chosen the cash and TV posing. Fair enough but the decision was in his hands. It shows what he values more at this stage in his career.

Niall_Quinn
13-07-2016, 07:44 PM
You're very sad considering.

Could be. But there can't be a sadder and more pathetic figure in football today than Wenger. Mr Supreme Ruler who has in the last decade won how many titles? Reached the latter stages of how many CLs? He maybe should be more worried about his own performance that other peoples. Sounds like Henry was doing his job and doing it well. Maybe somebody should take note and copy that, rather than throwing his rattle out of the pram.

Munchies
13-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Could be. But there can't be a sadder and more pathetic figure in football today than Wenger. Mr Supreme Ruler who has in the last decade won how many titles? Reached the latter stages of how many CLs? He maybe should be more worried about his own performance that other peoples. Sounds like Henry was doing his job and doing it well. Maybe somebody should take note and copy that, rather than throwing his rattle out of the pram.

:gp:

Munchies
13-07-2016, 07:52 PM

Had a argument with a gooner friend of mine (and an AKB) and he was like Henry was badmouthing the club and that it'd create a bad atmosphere and was saying wenger was right :lol:

I was like, Henry is the only guy who isn't a yes man there

Özim
13-07-2016, 07:55 PM

Spot on.

Özim
13-07-2016, 07:59 PM
He was given a real choice to make - money or coaching with a top Premier League team and he's chosen the cash and TV posing. Fair enough but the decision was in his hands. It shows what he values more at this stage in his career.

Henry doesn't need the money, he probably enjoys the punditry. He's a good guy who wanted to be part of the club he loves, had he chosen money he'd have not offered to work for nothing as someone said.

Problem is the control freak at the top won't let anyone who could possibly question his methods in, he's a dictator in every sense of the word. Henry doesn't need Arsenal, plenty of other clubs would love him onboard. It's a shame, would have been good to have a guy who was such a good player at the club.

Kano
13-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Henry doesn't need the money, he probably enjoys the punditry. He's a good guy who wanted to be part of the club he loves, had he chosen money he'd have not offered to work for nothing as someone said.

Problem is the control freak at the top won't let anyone who could possibly question his methods in, he's a dictator in every sense of the word. Henry doesn't need Arsenal, plenty of other clubs would love him onboard. It's a shame, would have been good to have a guy who was such a good player at the club.
We've seen plenty of times people who don't need the money but take more when it's on offer. Pelle is good recent example of that. £4m and the centre piece of Sky's punditry obviously speaks to his ego and you can see that when he's on TV, more concentrated on his posture than saying anything worthwhile.

If he wanted to work so badly he could've dropped the punditry because that shit is going nowhere - what would be disappearing right now is the wage packet. He made his choice, fair enough, he'll always be my favourite Arsenal player and this won't taken him down in my estimation. We all make choices as grown men that dictate where are priorities lie and he's made his. The world moves on and means very little to me. It's off season, nothing else to talk about and it'll be forgotten in a month by those who don't want to hold onto grudges.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-07-2016, 08:12 PM
He wasn't going to work for free. What he wanted to do was distribute his pay among the other coaches. I guess he wanted to help out the guys earning one lump of coal a week and two at Christmas.

It won't be his last season. The old money farts love him. He's going nowhere.

That's irrelevant to what the role requires; altriuism or not.

Bergkampwonderland10
19-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Henry obviously wants to learn and loves Arsenal. No doubt about that. But I'm not sure how it works the closer he gets to the first team, with him going onto Sky and criticising the team and manager, then coming into work the next day. Wenger does it for the national team only and I'd bet my last pound that he turns into the supreme politician that he is when criticism around his own players may come up. Whereas Henry wouldn't do that because he's desperate to prove his worth as a pundit. He was given a real choice to make - money or coaching with a top Premier League team and he's chosen the cash and TV posing. Fair enough but the decision was in his hands. It shows what he values more at this stage in his career.
Precisely. Conflict of interests. No way he could do both.

Marc Overmars
26-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Martinez has appointed Henry as his number 2 for Belgium. :wacko:

The Emirates Gallactico
26-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Good move tbh. They're a talented team and having under peformed so much they's massive potential for him to be successful in this.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Martinez has appointed Henry as his number 2 for Belgium. :wacko:

That's really bad, isn't it? Even a fucking legend can't get a look in at our place. Only the one chair available. It's horrible to see all our legends elsewhere while we are stuck with this bloke who does all the transfers, picks the team, does the shopping and collects up the cones in approved sequence.

Kano
26-08-2016, 11:10 AM
:lol: this is gonna be fun to watch

Özim
26-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Got shunned by Wenger and went and found a proper job where he's appreciated, getting paid as well. Good for him, leaves Wenger looking petty.

GP
26-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Turned down Arsenal to work for Belguim.

Weird.

Power n Glory
26-08-2016, 01:12 PM
Adams turned down Arsenal to work in China. Money talks but something isn't right at Arsenal.

selassie
26-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Adams turned down Arsenal to work in China. Money talks but something isn't right at Arsenal.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/wenger_always_optimistic.gif

hobson's choice
26-08-2016, 04:02 PM
But isnt the main reason he got turned down by Wenger, is because he wouldn't give up his Sky gig?

Which if that's the case, I have no problem with.