PDA

View Full Version : Shkodran Mustafi (official)

Marc Overmars
11-08-2016, 12:28 PM
I'm declaring this has moved into It's on! territory now.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10531702/valencias-shkodran-mustafi-agrees-to-join-arsenal-but-no-fee-agreed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3734529/Arsenal-complete-signing-defender-Shkodran-Mustafi-agent-confirms-agreement-30m-deal.html

AFC Leveller
11-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Great player, always rated him.

Mr. Lahey
11-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Very good signing IMO - glad it seems to be close to being a done deal. Now time for Mahrez and If we are really serious, lacazzette as well.

Kano
11-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Would've preferred Jonny Evans.

Still he could always play upfront for us.

The Emirates Gallactico
11-08-2016, 12:52 PM
Good signing. Very pleased if it goes through.

Not sure if he's truly ever going to be in the world class bracket, i.e. Boateng, Koscienly, peak Kompany, peak Terry etc etc, but he should be a good solid professional who can do an overall good job there. Besides, a lot of defending comes down to partnerships, understanding and organisation ahead of individual talent ...... see our very own Koscienly and Mertesacker as an example.

In some ways I actually enjoy the less heralded Monreal/Elneny/Koscienly (at the time) type signings over the mega big name transfers or the superkid transfers. Most of them are good professionals with the right attitude and work ethic and it demonstrates to Wenger that there's plenty of quality in the market and the fanbase isn't just all clamouring for big name superstar signings who can make an immediate impact.

Considering the crazy money thrown for the likes of Stones, Mangala, Bailly etc etc ..... 20 - 30 million for an established German international at a good age is a bargain in this market tbh.

Arsenal Germans :bow::bow:

Should get some more in tbh. *cough Draxler cough*

Thierrymon
11-08-2016, 12:53 PM
Never knowingly watched him, but he seems to have a good reputation and a good age as well.

Sounds more like a Koscielny type defender than a Mertesacker replacement.

dostoy
11-08-2016, 01:30 PM
This is a bit early although I know we are desperate.

Any other manager would have bought a defender this week ready for the weekend, given our injury problems.

I hope it happens.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-08-2016, 01:35 PM
I have to admit had never heard of the guy before he scored for Germany against Ukraine back in June

selassie
11-08-2016, 01:50 PM
Good signing if it goes through, established international CB, fairly young too.

LDG
11-08-2016, 04:02 PM
He Mustafi mental health issue if he wants to join us

:getcoat:

Özim
11-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Uh-oh

http://www.football365.com/news/arsenal-reach-musfai-agreement-confirms-agent

Kano
11-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Arsenal remain in talks with Shkodran Mustafi, but the defender’s agent has denied claims than agreement has been reached.

Mustafi’s agent, Ali Bulut, told Spox.com: “Skhodran and Arsenal are in agreement. Now the clubs just have to agree a transfer fee.”

They don't even read the copy before it's published :lol:

Özim
11-08-2016, 06:52 PM
However, the player’s father, Kujitim, has denied that any agreement has been reached.

Bulut then took to German publication Kicker to clarify the situation.

“There are discussions but there’s no agreement between Mustafi and Arsenal, or between both clubs,” he said.

Not sure that's true.

Goonermerree
11-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Just wait until it's revealed on Pravda.

Kano
12-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Mustafi snr has chipped in to say that this guy isn't even his sons agent :lol:

The media :bow:

Penguin
14-08-2016, 05:45 PM
I think Wenger's realised that he can get him cheaper if he gets him in January. Or even cheaper if he waits for his contract to run out. Or even cheaper if he doesn't buy him at all! Wenger knows :trophy:

The Emirates Gallactico
14-08-2016, 05:50 PM
So yeah I imagine Valencia will have risen the price by 5 million after today. :coffee:

Andreas_AFC
23-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Today i have read in german newspaper, that Valencia forbid Mustafi to sign for Arsenal and that there are no more negotiations. The Story goes on..and on...and on

selassie
24-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Today i have read in german newspaper, that Valencia forbid Mustafi to sign for Arsenal and that there are no more negotiations. The Story goes on..and on...and on

No idea what is going on with this deal?

At a guess we have spent two months trying to drive down his initial valuation price only for them to turn round and say "Fuck You, 50 million take it or leave it".

I've been reading that Barca are deep into negotiations with them over Paco Alcacer, if they sell him for the reported 30 million Euros then they meet their FFP quota and have no need to sell Mustafi or at least not at the initial 25 million Euro valuation they set.

Munchies
26-08-2016, 09:21 AM
£35m. Medical today per Ornstein

Letters
26-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Wenger :bow:

Kano
26-08-2016, 09:30 AM
Inflated market or not, there will be a lot of pressure on this guy to make a difference straight away. Being a German international must mean something you'd hope.

But Chambers :rose:

Marc Overmars
26-08-2016, 10:10 AM
I reckon he'll be decent. Mainly because the thought of him being a dud and £35m down the shitter is too horrific to contemplate.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Only 5 million and 1 pound less than we were prepared to shell on Suarez. I wonder how a 50 or 55 mill bid back then would have transformed our fortunes? Everything is too late with this club, the irony being their penny pinching and prevarication ends up causing the one thing they are trying to avoid - expenditure.

Maestro
26-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Only 5 million and 1 pound less than we were prepared to shell on Suarez. I wonder how a 50 or 55 mill bid back then would have transformed our fortunes? Everything is too late with this club, the irony being their penny pinching and prevarication ends up causing the one thing they are trying to avoid - expenditure.

The idiocy of it all is amazing. If they can get away with not spending they certainly will, but as you say they always end up spending it ..in a rush

Goonermerree
26-08-2016, 10:47 AM
We could have got Lacazette for that and he's a proven goal scorer, more than the other guy anyway. Anyhoo, onwards and onwards, time will tell how good they both are and they will pull on the shirt, so they will get my cheers.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Wenger seemed very determined not to pay the going rate for Lacazette. Don't know why. It was probably another one of his qualiteeee judgements. You take Theo as the baseline and if he's not 10,000 times better then it is not the qualiteeee we are looking for.

Mustafi? Well he'd better be great at that price.

If an agent had sidled in and lined up Mustafi, Perez, Xhaka, Asano and Holding and whispered past his hand, yours for £90mill mate...

Who would have taken that? I think I'd have laughed and asked if he was fucking kidding me.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Wenger seemed very determined not to pay the going rate for Lacazette. Don't know why.

I think it's because he's black, Wenger used to love signing french speaking players of african descent in the 90s and early noughties....the last ten years ago he seems to have lost his infatuation for the ebony.

Goonermerree
26-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Well, I think, using Wenger's reasoning of not paying big for players, £34 mil its too much for Xhaka.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2016, 10:55 AM
The idiocy of it all is amazing. If they can get away with not spending they certainly will, but as you say they always end up spending it ..in a rush

More importantly, this pissing around has cost us 5 points on all our supposed rivals. From this point on we need to win 2 more games than Utd, the gypos AND the chavs to finish at the top. For me that pretty much ends the title hunt, not that we were seriously in it anyway. The tortoise relied on one hare falling asleep, we need 3 of them to take a nap.

BECAUSE... we were short at the back
AND... we could score a goal.

It's all so painfully predictable.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2016, 10:57 AM
I think it's because he's black, Wenger used to love signing french speaking players of african descent in the 90s and early noughties....the last ten years ago he seems to have lost his infatuation for the ebony.

You could be on to something. He's even kicked Henry out, and I can imagine Henry standing there shocked asking, 'Is it because I is black?' And I can imagine Wenger saying, 'Yes, that's exactly what it's about.' This all seems to have happened following Wenger breaking up with that black stripper he was dating.

AFC Leveller
26-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Lacazette for 50m is about right in the current market. This Perez dude looks decent but we need someone better than decent to challenge.

Another season of also rans awaits...

Kano
26-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Lacazette for 50m is about right in the current market. This Perez dude looks decent but we need someone better than decent to challenge.

Another season of also rans awaits...

A high scoring striker was never going to be enough if our midfield and wide players remain goal shy.

bignev
26-08-2016, 02:10 PM
I'll leave this here

http://i.imgur.com/XhZ1tRJ.gifv

Özim
26-08-2016, 02:29 PM
A high scoring striker was never going to be enough if our midfield and wide players remain goal shy.

A high scoring striker will win you matches and that's really what we needed last season, someone who is clinical, from what we hear of Perez he isn't, which means we haven't solved any issues really.

A scoring winger is a bonus, we really should have gone all in for Lacazette, instead we've settled for a something less than what was needed.

selassie
26-08-2016, 02:30 PM
I'll leave this here

:haha:

Power n Glory
26-08-2016, 02:50 PM
I'll leave this here

:lol: Classic!

Özim
26-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Wenger seemed very determined not to pay the going rate for Lacazette. Don't know why. It was probably another one of his qualiteeee judgements. You take Theo as the baseline and if he's not 10,000 times better then it is not the qualiteeee we are looking for.

Mustafi? Well he'd better be great at that price.

If an agent had sidled in and lined up Mustafi, Perez, Xhaka, Asano and Holding and whispered past his hand, yours for £90mill mate...

Who would have taken that? I think I'd have laughed and asked if he was fucking kidding me.

:lol: Very true, we scoffed at the price of Lacazette when a) had we moved earlier in the summer we could have got him for less and b) the price is not unrealistic.

As for the signings, very few people would have heard of any of those players and that's ignoring the fact we had to pay 90 million for them.

Fine Mustafi plays for Germany but again we got ripped off there because we didn't move early, it's a lot of money for a CB.

I'll take the signings, not what I wanted that's for sure and never heard of any of them back in May/June but Wenger likes that, he loves signing pet projects and then being hailed for discovering them.

Kano
26-08-2016, 02:53 PM
A high scoring striker will win you matches and that's really what we needed last season, someone who is clinical, from what we hear of Perez he isn't, which means we haven't solved any issues really.

A scoring winger is a bonus, we really should have gone all in for Lacazette, instead we've settled for a something less than what was needed.
I wouldn't of thought a high scoring striker could win matches.

Anyway, it doesn't detract from the fact we don't get enough goals elsewhere in the team. As any successful side needs.

This is a thread about a defender anyway, enough of this bollocks from me in here.

Master Splinter
26-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Shkodran is a great name.

Has always looked solid for Germany and can fill in reliably at full-back too.

He should settle in pretty quickly with his Albanian bro Xhaka here, plus all the Germans.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-08-2016, 08:55 PM
I'll leave this here

OMG

Andreas_AFC
28-08-2016, 08:30 AM
WILLKOMMEN Shkodran! :scarf:

The Emirates Gallactico
29-08-2016, 11:38 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10556542/shkodran-mustafi-says-he-likes-arsenals-style-of-football

Germany international Shkodran Mustafi says Mesut Ozil has helped convince him to join Arsenal.

"I did not see Per for a long time because he quit international football but I talked to Mesut," Mustafi told Sky Sports in Germany.

"He told me everything I wanted to know. Everything was positive, so I was convinced very fast. It did not take much.

"I have always loved Arsenal, I like how they play here, it is not typical English.

"The game here is more like in Spain and with the German national team, keeping the ball on the grass, so it was easy to convince me."

Ozil :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2016, 07:37 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160830/shkodran-mustafi-signs-for-arsenal

:bow:

Marc Overmars
30-08-2016, 07:41 PM
What a man. :bow:

Letters
30-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Wenger :bow: Out.

GP
30-08-2016, 07:43 PM
2 signings in a day :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
30-08-2016, 07:47 PM
http://65.media.tumblr.com/768d222007abd36978c8be1bcdbcc9dd/tumblr_inline_nohgddbUWe1spun5n_500.gif

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2016, 07:59 PM
http://17r1l63fshd52dy9yakdizhkog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Sami-Zayn.jpg

Power n Glory
30-08-2016, 08:04 PM
http://65.media.tumblr.com/768d222007abd36978c8be1bcdbcc9dd/tumblr_inline_nohgddbUWe1spun5n_500.gif

Idiots. :lol:

Globalgunner
31-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Idiots. :lol:

Our Idiots!

Globalgunner
31-08-2016, 11:29 AM
http://17r1l63fshd52dy9yakdizhkog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Sami-Zayn.jpg

Likeness is pretty uncanny. Hope Mustafi also has a devastating finishing move.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
31-08-2016, 06:28 PM
If he's as good as his stupid youtube clip with the terrible music, he can celebrate goals with that dance.

Maestro
10-09-2016, 05:57 PM
how did he do today

Power n Glory
10-09-2016, 08:11 PM
He looks decent. Won a lot of headers. Looks quick and sharp. It's just a case of forming a an understanding with the defence.

Penguin
14-09-2016, 02:49 PM
I was a bit disappointed with his performance last night. He couldn't cope with the movement of PSG's forwards and kept giving the ball away. Early days though so hopefully he'll get better the more he plays with Koscielny.

Marc Overmars
14-09-2016, 03:23 PM
An unconvincing start but I'm sure he'll be fine once he's had enough time to gain an understanding with the back line.

Don't forget Kos was very erratic during his first couple of seasons.

Globalgunner
14-09-2016, 03:24 PM
I was a bit disappointed with his performance last night. He couldn't cope with the movement of PSG's forwards and kept giving the ball away. Early days though so hopefully he'll get better the more he plays with Koscielny.

Are you sure you are not confusing him with Ox?

Penguin
14-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Was Ox playing at CB? :unsure:

Globalgunner
14-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Ox gave the way probably a dozen times. Just harping on what was a bad display by almost everyone except Ospina

Kano
14-09-2016, 03:39 PM
An unconvincing start but I'm sure he'll be fine once he's had enough time to gain an understanding with the back line.

Don't forget Kos was very erratic during his first couple of seasons.

I wasn't sure what he was doing on the right wing a couple of times. Sure, he's had RB experience but that made no sense at all. I thought he got better as the game went on and obviously the defence needs time to get used to playing together. My only concern is he seems similar to Kos and we all know how the partnership with Vermaelen worked out in the end.

GP
10-08-2019, 03:38 PM
I reckon he'll be decent. Mainly because the thought of him being a dud and £35m down the shitter is too horrific to contemplate.

:lol:

Marc Overmars
10-08-2019, 08:23 PM
And horrific it has been! :lol: