PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Liverpool (home).

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2016, 05:01 PM
This will be a 3-4 all.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2016, 05:05 PM
What is there left to say anymore? :shrug:

Munchies
14-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Granit Xhaka has attempted 6 tackles since coming on; he hasn't won a single one and has committed 4 fouls.

:haha:

Kano
14-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Premiership :bow:

That was a bit shit

mastermind84
14-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Wumger Summers

Globalgunner
14-08-2016, 05:14 PM
The man wont retire because hes afraid of what he is gonna spend his days doing. Yet serves up shit year after year. What a con artist.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 05:15 PM
A massive fraud, exposed and in plain sight. But isn't this the way with so many things these days?

The Emirates Gallactico
14-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Predicatable.

People just can't be bothered to muster up the anger anymore.

Fuck off Wenger. And Gazidis.

LDG
14-08-2016, 05:24 PM
It had all of the ingredients.

-Injury to key player
-Penalty miss
-Concede a hatful
-Be shown up in the positions everyone has been banging on about for years

There are probably more usual failings to pinpoint, but nothing has changed.

alexander
14-08-2016, 05:25 PM
What is there left to say anymore? :shrug:

We are just going to go over exactly the same ground as the last season/s. We havent changed anything so whats to discuss?

alexander
14-08-2016, 05:25 PM

-Injury to key player
-Penalty miss
-Concede a hatful

Who got injured?

Marc Overmars
14-08-2016, 05:27 PM

-Injury to key player
-Penalty miss
-Concede a hatful

But what about the spirit?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-08-2016, 05:28 PM
The man wont retire because hes afraid of what he is gonna spend his days doing. Yet serves up shit year after year. What a con artist.

a bit like my dad, who actually lost his wife to cancer rather than divorcing his tall plain wife because he wanted his ebony mistress instead

my dad actually does his job well though

Niall_Quinn
Who got injured?

Iwobi and Ramsey.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
We are just going to go over exactly the same ground as the last season/s. We havent changed anything so whats to discuss?

we could start a goonersweb book club?

alexander
14-08-2016, 05:29 PM
What did he say after? Handbrake? Little bit jadded?

mastermind84
14-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Elneny and Coquelin was a terrible idea versus the press.

alexander
14-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Iwobi and Ramsey.

I really think the club needs an overhaul. Top to bottom.

Power n Glory
14-08-2016, 05:31 PM

I've tried that.

Maccy - Bump the general section stuff up to the top of the page and move this Arsenal section right to the bottom.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Wenger up. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 05:32 PM

I think this season you're supposed to go to last year's comments and use those.

alexander
Its my club, I still love them, but if it takes a Mourhino style breakdown over the next few months, I would take that to get some changes made.

Its madness to carry on this farce every season.

McNamara That Ghost...
We fought until the end and lacked stability.

Power n Glory
14-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Elneny and Coquelin was a terrible idea versus the press.

You wanted Xhaka and Rambo there instead?

Power n Glory
14-08-2016, 05:33 PM
We fought until the end and lacked stability.

Mental stability from the manager. He's a nutter for starting that CB combo.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-08-2016, 05:34 PM
I've tried that.

Maccy - Bump the general section stuff up to the top of the page and move this Arsenal section right to the bottom.

we have to set some ground rules though, nothing written by women

Power n Glory
14-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Pray he resigns.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-08-2016, 05:35 PM
has he said we showed great spirit to get it back to 3-4, if he did my brother owes me a fiver

alexander
14-08-2016, 05:36 PM
I dont want any toss about judging him at the end of the season either, that just doesnt wash anymore. We have been doing that for season now, usually the judgement is `he is up to the task anymore`.

mastermind84
14-08-2016, 05:37 PM
You wanted Xhaka and Rambo there instead?

We couldn't get the ball past the halfway line, which Xhaka is quite good at hence the transfer fee.

I wanted Elneny and Xhaka starting though.

Like I Told you before, neither Elneny nor Coqulein are vertical passers.

milla
14-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Didn't watch the entire game, did Wenger sub Ramsey? Or was he forced to sub Ramsey? He had so many choices of no 10 yet it was Ramsey. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 05:39 PM
has he said we showed great spirit to get it back to 3-4, if he did my brother owes me a fiver

Of course he said that - what sort of fool is your brother? Or has he been on a Mars mission or something?

The Emirates Gallactico
14-08-2016, 05:40 PM

Wenger: "We are working very hard to get one or two in. We have shown in the past that we have the mental strength to bounce back."

Wenger: "We paid for a lack of experience at the back and the fact some players are not ready physically to compete at this level."

rodders
14-08-2016, 05:40 PM
New owner!!! new manager . As it stands best players do not even consider Arsenal and existing players realise the club is a shambles and want to leave.

The Emirates Gallactico
14-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Its my club, I still love them, but if it takes a Mourhino style breakdown over the next few months, I would take that to get some changes made.

Its madness to carry on this farce every season.

Sad thing is that I don't even think a Chelsea style collapse would be enough to get rid of him. The board are completely behind him whatever and I probably include relegation in that. Plus the fans are exhausted with it all.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Didn't watch the entire game, did Wenger sub Ramsey? Or was he forced to sub Ramsey? He had so many choices of no 10 yet it was Ramsey. :lol:

Forced to sub, injury.

alexander
14-08-2016, 05:42 PM
Wenger: "We are working very hard to get one or two in. We have shown in the past that we have the mental strength to bounce back."

Wenger: "We paid for a lack of experience at the back and the fact some players are not ready physically to compete at this level."

both problems of his own making

Power n Glory
We couldn't get the ball past the halfway line, which Xhaka is quite good at hence the transfer fee.

I wanted Elneny and Xhaka starting though.

Like I Told you before, neither Elneny nor Coqulein are vertical passers.

We weren't any better once Xhaka came on unfortunately.

Penguin

His hamstring went :banghead:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-08-2016, 05:44 PM
Of course he said that - what sort of fool is your brother? Or has he been on a Mars mission or something?

i think he was going for the lacked little bit of sharpness

Power n Glory
14-08-2016, 05:44 PM

Ramsey has to go. Cooked up a lot of good opportunities. Touch and finishing let's him down at crucial moments.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-08-2016, 05:46 PM
who mentioned that he'd blame the euros earlier?

i thought that would be a bit of a curve ball as it seemed almost too obvious

i was wrong.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 05:47 PM

He looked totally defeated. It's the first game of the season. The guy is so out of his depth now it's horrifying. What I'm most afraid of is that things become so bad and the pressure becomes so intense that fans start having sympathy for him. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's a tactic they use.

Always, always, always with it's somebody else's fault or some uncontrollable circumstance that causes the same results to happen over and over again. Today he had no experience at the back. NOT because he's fucked up in the transfer window again, but because cruel fate has caused something that has never happened every other season, an injury crisis. He must think we are all fucking stupid.

And he's a bloody liar too. Only a week ago he said he was looking at nobody bar a CB. So how does that tally with the 1 or 2 players coming in he is now talking about? Has he changed his mind? Or is he lying again? Misleading? Talking shit? Treating the fans like idiots?

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 05:47 PM
i think he was going for the lacked little bit of sharpness

:doh: That's NEXT week :doh:

milla
14-08-2016, 05:48 PM
His hamstring went :banghead:

Fine by me. Ramsey has never been good enough for that role at Arsenal. Good timing though, hopefully Wheelchair will join him in the infirmary next week. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 05:48 PM
who mentioned that he'd blame the euros earlier?

i thought that would be a bit of a curve ball as it seemed almost too obvious

i was wrong.

That was one of mine. Low hanging fruit, why pass it up?

mastermind84
14-08-2016, 05:49 PM
We weren't any better once Xhaka came on unfortunately.

Match was already a mess at that point, tbf.

rodders
14-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Sad thing is that I don't even think a Chelsea style collapse would be enough to get rid of him. The board are completely behind him whatever and I probably include relegation in that. Plus the fans are exhausted with it all.

I for one don't rule out relegation!!!

alexander
14-08-2016, 05:52 PM

I dont hate him, I really dont, but he is pissing on his own legacy, he needs to realise its time to move on. Its also on the owner, they need to be stronger and move him on.

adzzzbatch
14-08-2016, 05:54 PM
"We are working very hard to get 1 or 2 players in, there is not much time left it has to make sense and add quality"

The Emirates Gallactico
14-08-2016, 05:56 PM
If only we had two months before this to get players in. :rolleyes:

Power n Glory
14-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Match was already a mess at that point, tbf.

Why do you think Wenger benched him?

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 05:58 PM
If only we had two months before this to get players in. :rolleyes:

How many resale values have you calculated?

Penguin
14-08-2016, 05:59 PM
When I was in school I sometimes used to make bets that I knew I was going to lose just because I wanted to prove that cocky mate wrong so badly. But it always ended with me losing the bet looking like an idiot and giving away my pocket money to that smug twat. That's what Wenger's doing, except he's betting on the success of our football club instead of a tenner. He's so obsessed with proving everyone wrong and winning 'his way' that he doesn't realise he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-08-2016, 06:22 PM
When I was in school I sometimes used to make bets that I knew I was going to lose just because I wanted to prove that cocky mate wrong so badly. But it always ended with me losing the bet looking like an idiot and giving away my pocket money to that smug twat. That's what Wenger's doing, except he's betting on the success of our football club instead of a tenner. He's so obsessed with proving everyone wrong and winning 'his way' that he doesn't realise he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

I don't think it's even that, i think he was prepared to spend and strengthen the squad in the summer and all this nonsense about buying for the sake of it etc has come about because he insists on handling it all himself, and he won't spend more than what he thinks he should etc....and he's given up as he thinks he can't bring good players in for the money he's prepared to spend.

mastermind84
14-08-2016, 06:24 PM
Petr Cech got into a single car accident after the match lol

https://twitter.com/matthewstanger/status/764884194791219205

Why do you think Wenger benched him?

To be even more defensive to protect the centerbacks. That's the only reason I can think of. It clearly didn't work.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2016, 06:27 PM

I've tried that.

Mills&Boonersweb?

LDG
14-08-2016, 06:27 PM
How did Cech manage to drive into a pillar?

Fed up with banging his head against a brick wall, next step is smashing his motor up?

Master Splinter
14-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Cech is a bit crap and has been just as much to blame for poor results recently as a misfiring attack, malfunctioning midfield and error-strewn central defence.

He's let in so many soft goals, which usually get the ball rolling in regards to a Collapse.

The Emirates Gallactico
14-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Hope he was wearing his helmet.

:getcoat:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Mills&Boonersweb?

i was pretty clear on this, nothing written by women

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Maybe he was swerving to avoid some senile old git who had escaped his nurses and was wandering around on the road?

Goonermerree
14-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Maybe he was swerving to avoid some senile old git who had escaped his nurses and was wandering around on the road?

Dunno who that could be!:shrug:

Munchies
14-08-2016, 07:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpKkvQ3XEAARmB8.jpg

:doh:

Munchies
14-08-2016, 07:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w322IPjOLxg

DT :bow:

Power n Glory
14-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Petr Cech got into a single car accident after the match lol

https://twitter.com/matthewstanger/status/764884194791219205

To be even more defensive to protect the centerbacks. That's the only reason I can think of. It clearly didn't work.

I think our wingbacks exposed our CB's more than anyone else. First half we played OK and should have scored more. We seem to lose concentration before half time and right after half time. Always. Wenger should have taken of Coquelin since he was on a yellow. He didnt have the best of games. It wasn't too late to make a difference when Xhaka came on. Ox made an impact straight away with his goal and Cazorla had an assist. Liverpool were wobble but we didn't control the game even though one more goal could have got the draw. Xhaka gave away a lot of fouls to be honest in a very short space. I don't think he's quite ready.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 07:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpKkvQ3XEAARmB8.jpg

:doh:

Tory cuts to mental health services :doh:

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 07:23 PM
I think our wingbacks exposed our CB's more than anyone else. First half we played OK and should have scored more. We seem to lose concentration before half time and right after half time. Always. Wenger should have taken of Coquelin since he was on a yellow. He didnt have the best of games. It wasn't too late to make a difference when Xhaka came on. Ox made an impact straight away with his goal and Cazorla had an assist. Liverpool were wobble but we didn't control the game even though one more goal could have got the draw. Xhaka gave away a lot of fouls to be honest in a very short space. I don't think he's quite ready.

That's normal, it has been happening for years.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-08-2016, 07:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w322IPjOLxg

DT :bow:

If i go to the zoo i don't bow to the gorillas there, so i am not bowing to this one

I find it depressing that when it comes down to it, that fans frustrated with Wenger have to be represented by this shambolic parody of a human being

Letters
14-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Scored 3 against Liverpool. No need for a striker :bow:

:unsure:

:run:

Munchies
14-08-2016, 07:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr_x-h1bFfk

Let's riot lads

NQ, when you wanna go? :lol:

Munchies
14-08-2016, 07:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htvnAZM9c6k

He's back!

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 07:39 PM
If i go to the zoo i don't bow to the gorillas there, so i am not bowing to this one

I find it depressing that when it comes down to it, that fans frustrated with Wenger have to be represented by this shambolic parody of a human being

All valid points though. Not that any of us don't know it already. Surely every fans gets it by now, even the ones who can't face it and have to keep lying to themselves.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 07:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr_x-h1bFfk

Let's riot lads

NQ, when you wanna go? :lol:

Erm, no :haha:

I'm strictly in this season for the comedy. I trawled all the stand-ups, I've seen everything Stewart Lee has done, exhausted the Doug Stanhope videos. Wenger's the best routine left and even though his material is a bit repetitive it's still hilarious.

Letters
14-08-2016, 07:43 PM

He's back!

:good:

That bloke talks a lot of sense.

Munchies
14-08-2016, 07:44 PM

He's back!

Best one so far imo

Munchies
14-08-2016, 07:45 PM
:good:

That bloke talks a lot of sense.

Yeah just got done watching it.

Similar to what he said 3 years ago. Nothing has changed sadly.

Munchies
14-08-2016, 07:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5obrFdhQTY

:haha: :haha:

Özim
14-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Not an unexpected defeat, LeClown getting his comeuppance for his stubborness and incompetence.

Already written off this season.

IBK
14-08-2016, 08:05 PM
Not an unexpected defeat, LeClown getting his comeuppance for his stubborness and incompetence.

Already written off this season.

You know what - that kind of sums up my feeling. Best thing about it for me is that I neither expect us to compete nor particularly care when we don't. The club has pretty much managed to kill my enthusiasm for football because neither board nor manager care so why should I?

Goonermerree
14-08-2016, 08:11 PM
You know what - that kind of sums up my feeling. Best thing about it for me is that I neither expect us to compete nor particularly care when we don't. The club has pretty much managed to kill my enthusiasm for football because neither board nor manager care so why should I?

I've felt like that for a while now. We know they're not going to strengthen the squad to challenge for the title, so what's the point in getting enthusiastic, it's just the same failure every year. I could handle it more if we were just failing because we didn't have the funds but tried to be the best we can be every year.

rodders
14-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Frankly I wish we had lost 6 nil then perhaps the numpties in charge would take notice

Gooner23
14-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Frankly I wish we had lost 6 nil then perhaps the numpties in charge would take notice

Im not sure it would. We've had plenty of embarrassing defeats over the last few years, absolutely no sign of pressure on the manager.

I am also in the camp of no longer caring that much. This season most likely to be a write off. It's just a shame we'll almost certainly lose Alexis and Ozil next summer.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
14-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Fine by me. Ramsey has never been good enough for that role at Arsenal. Good timing though, hopefully Wheelchair will join him in the infirmary next week. :lol:
What a stupid thing to say.

He represents himself.

And there were a lot of valid points made....

Power n Glory
14-08-2016, 08:25 PM

I think everyone is getting to that point. Nothing will change and I might have to start watching La Liga or something.

Notice how we conceded again right before half time and not long after coming out for the second half? It was terrible second half performance. What happens during the team talks? Every season it happens.

Even if we spend money I don't trust Wenger to manage the team correctly. We finally try something different up front and have pace in attack with Sanchez, Walcott and Iwobi playing but he decides to play Ramsey behind them in the number 10 role. He didn't create a single chance for any of the players. When an opportunity presents itself to play Theo through to counter, he decides to shoot from near the half way line. As Hollywood as ever. That line up would have been perfect for Cazorla to play in the final third and create chances.

That's just one example. We all knew the defence was going to be tough buy I don't understand why he'd throw in Holding instead of trying Debuchy or Monreal. So many questions and seeing the repeat of the same mistakes year after year. It might be time to throw in the towel and stop wasting time on this.

Power n Glory
14-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately, those sort of numbers won't move them. A loss in profit is the only thing they'll pay attention to. We have been spanked plenty of times by rivals and nothing ever happens.

Power n Glory
14-08-2016, 08:28 PM
What a stupid thing to say.

He represents himself.

And there were a lot of valid points made....

A lot of valid points.

topgun
14-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Unfortunately, those sort of numbers won't move them. A loss in profit is the only thing they'll pay attention to. We have been spanked plenty of times by rivals and nothing ever happens.

Exactly,we are a football business now the football club is a thing of the past.Fans were sold a pipe dream with the move to the new stadium,all it was meant to achieve has been achieved ie more money for the money men.There is only one thing that money men take notice of and that is their revenue being hit and until that happens nothing will change.

topgun
14-08-2016, 09:43 PM
I think everyone is getting to that point. Nothing will change and I might have to start watching La Liga or something.

Notice how we conceded again right before half time and not long after coming out for the second half? It was terrible second half performance. What happens during the team talks? Every season it happens.

Even if we spend money I don't trust Wenger to manage the team correctly. We finally try something different up front and have pace in attack with Sanchez, Walcott and Iwobi playing but he decides to play Ramsey behind them in the number 10 role. He didn't create a single chance for any of the players. When an opportunity presents itself to play Theo through to counter, he decides to shoot from near the half way line. As Hollywood as ever. That line up would have been perfect for Cazorla to play in the final third and create chances.

That's just one example. We all knew the defence was going to be tough buy I don't understand why he'd throw in Holding instead of trying Debuchy or Monreal. So many questions and seeing the repeat of the same mistakes year after year. It might be time to throw in the towel and stop wasting time on this.

Totally agree.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Exactly,we are a football business now the football club is a thing of the past.Fans were sold a pipe dream with the move to the new stadium,all it was meant to achieve has been achieved ie more money for the money men.There is only one thing that money men take notice of and that is their revenue being hit and until that happens nothing will change.

exactly which makes gorillas like DT calling other fans pussies particularly pointless because hang on?....you are still paying for a season ticket you stupid fucking ape.

Power n Glory
14-08-2016, 10:11 PM
exactly which makes gorillas like DT calling other fans pussies particularly pointless because hang on?....you are still paying for a season ticket you stupid fucking ape.

Did he bully you at school or does he remind you of someone who did? :lol: This all sounds pretty personal and aggressive.

Munchies
14-08-2016, 10:13 PM
Fans arguing in the stadium

Vid: https://twitter.com/pvkichulo/status/764870134624358400

Guy on left with Bergkamp on his back started chanting 'one arsene wenger' before the Ox goal. People wanted to swing for him smh.

Cripps? :pal:

fakeyank
14-08-2016, 10:25 PM
The biggest dilemma I am facing right now is whether I hate Wenger more, or Mourinho. This will be a close race till the end of the season.. I think Wenger will win the first place trophy in this case.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-08-2016, 10:25 PM
Did he bully you at school or does he remind you of someone who did? :lol: This all sounds pretty personal and aggressive.

To be honest i am not even sure what it is, i think it hails back to watching someone of his video blogs and finding it laughable how inarticulate he was. I did insult him on twitter by stating that he should buy himself a thesaurus before his next video and he replied making a comment about not going on the internet without my mum's permission which is a bit of a poor comeback but certainly nothing i was offended by.

The guy always seems to be around when trouble kicks off and there is fisticuffs, and he strikes me as one of those people who probably ends up in punch ups with other arsenal fans.

But my point is still valid, it seems ridiculous to insult other people for not taking a stand when you are still going to games.....but i get the impression in part from today's interview he gave that he'd be quite happy to make his point by rioting.

I think in fairness he brings out my inner snob

To be fair i think they are all a waste of space on Arsenal Fan TV, I have occasionally spoken to Moh on Twitter (although never debated Arsenal, he's a massive Corbyn fan and i can't abide the guy although i feel i can better articulate this than i can my antipathy towards DT) but really as i said the other day they are all a cross between police academy and the muppets. The only one i really don't mind is Bully who unlike the others does not take himself too seriously, Robbie is a clear agent provocateur who subliminally goads these guys for online ratings...nothing wrong with that per se either.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2016, 10:31 PM

He's back!

Of all the viral characters on AFTV, this guy has always been the one who speaks the most sense.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 10:33 PM

My thoughts.

Fans like DT are stuck in a time when football and society were intertwined. Your local club was a focus for local support. The club played a big role in the community. Fans belonged to the club and the club belonged to the fans, both relied on each other. I guess many of us are at least reminiscent of that time.

Now the football club is a global entity and it has started to attract large numbers of consumers. Individuals who call themselves fans but really only attend in the same way they'd visit any consumer attraction. There's no tribalism for them, no real notion of support beyond Arsenal being their favourite brand. Why else do you think football has been so sanitised over the years? To cater for more of these consumers. So when a bunch of consumers stand up and start claiming their iPhone is better than you Samsung, which is what consumer support amounts to, but you are still invested in concepts such as tribalism and competition and probably a family tradition going way back, I'm sure it seems strange and more than a little irritating. You may be fighting to restore something you held important while a bunch of fashion slaves around you belittle it all because they are getting what they want - brand association, comfier seats, spotting themselves on the big screen, taking selfies with the players. And of course as the players themselves morph into celebrities then the problem gets worse and you get an even more undesirable type attracted to football.

Basically the game has been robbed from under the working man for peanuts and converted into a billion quid money spinner designed to soak the wallets of the middle classes. The working classes are being slowly eased out. There's bound to be a reaction from the diehards who aren't ready to give up their club, give up their passion, abandon their tribalism.

I must admit that for me I decided not to have that fight. If younger I'm sure it would have been different. But not at this stage of my life. I have long experience now of how utterly destroyed a thing inevitably becomes once corporate interests have landed on it. Taking this on, head-on, is a futile gesture. And short term win can be easily overcome by money. You have to disrupt and harass at a much more fundamental level if you want to keep the corporation from taking everything of meaning in life. But then again, in places like Yugoslavia, grass roots football fans have made huge differences. It all depends on the condition of a society, and ours is in a probably unparalleled shit state right now. So you never know, the direct assault might not be hopeless.

Make no mistake though, the conflict between the fans and the consumers will only increase in intensity. The fans may not win but it's entirely unreasonable to insist they go down without a fight, if that's what they want to do. It's their right, at least they are fighting for something that once existed. The consumers are slavishly defending something that was never real and can never be real, corporate reciprocation. The poor saps just feel honoured to be relieved of their money I suspect. Like the mentally unbalanced crowds queuing outside Apple stores when an even worse version of the iPhone is released. I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I think such people must have serious mental issues. Rather like those who still defend the club because they have confused history and tradition (or never understood it in the first place) with the looters who say they stand for these values. It's so naive you have to question their sanity or, as DT does when he calls them pussies, their courage and self respect.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 10:34 PM

HCZ is the same as me. When he hates somebody he does it properly.

Munchies
14-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Fans arguing in the stadium

Vid: https://twitter.com/pvkichulo/status/764870134624358400

Guy on left with Bergkamp on his back started chanting 'one arsene wenger' before the Ox goal. People wanted to swing for him smh.

Cripps? :pal:

Apparently this was the same guy who held the 'ashamed of fans' banner last year :haha:

Munchies
14-08-2016, 10:39 PM
The biggest dilemma I am facing right now is whether I hate Wenger more, or Mourinho. This will be a close race till the end of the season.. I think Wenger will win the first place trophy in this case.

I hate Wenger more right now

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2016, 10:43 PM
I hate Wenger more right now

I hate what he does. I think it would be hard to hate him if you met him face to face. He seems like an amiable guy, on the surface anyway. Buy he's a complete idiot of a football manager.

Munchies
14-08-2016, 10:48 PM
I hate what he does. I think it would be hard to hate him if you met him face to face. He seems like an amiable guy, on the surface anyway. Buy he's a complete idiot of a football manager.

Yeah on the face of it, but that's all we have to go for, he might be a top lad down the pub :lol:

I hate him as a football manager. Absolute fraud. Guy embodies the decline of the club being sold out.

Kano
14-08-2016, 10:56 PM
To be honest i am not even sure what it is, i think it hails back to watching someone of his video blogs and finding it laughable how inarticulate he was. I did insult him on twitter by stating that he should buy himself a thesaurus before his next video and he replied making a comment about not going on the internet without my mum's permission which is a bit of a poor comeback but certainly nothing i was offended by.

The guy always seems to be around when trouble kicks off and there is fisticuffs, and he strikes me as one of those people who probably ends up in punch ups with other arsenal fans.

But my point is still valid, it seems ridiculous to insult other people for not taking a stand when you are still going to games.....but i get the impression in part from today's interview he gave that he'd be quite happy to make his point by rioting.

To be fair i think they are all a waste of space on Arsenal Fan TV, I have occasionally spoken to Moh on Twitter (although never debated Arsenal, he's a massive Corbyn fan and i can't abide the guy although i feel i can better articulate this than i can my antipathy towards DT) but really as i said the other day they are all a cross between police academy and the muppets. The only one i really don't mind is Bully who unlike the others does not take himself too seriously, Robbie is a clear agent provocateur who subliminally goads these guys for online ratings...nothing wrong with that per se either.

AFTV is just a never ending stream of mongs desperate to babble on about how angry and outraged they are, but no-one gives a fuck at the end of the day. Robbie certainty doesn't. Like any social/media channel it's dictated by ego. Everyone's a snob to a certain degree, everyone looks down on someone else at some point, no harm in admitting that. Much better to do that than hide behind some man of the people schtick.

Özim
15-08-2016, 12:38 AM

Pretty much how I feel too, as a football manager I can't stand him and think he's a complete fool (as a person I'm sure he'd be perfectly likeable), today's result was really predictable, the only one who couldn't see it was the man supposedly in charge, who would have thought that playing 2 inexperienced kids in CD would lead to a defeat?

As someone has said he has a cheek talking about value for money when he's paid a small fortune to deliver a sub standard product, by his rules he'd have been chopped quite a while ago for being too expensive.

His interview today (as usual) was an absolute joke, he had the audacity to praise our spirit for coming back to 4-3, ignoring the fact would have never been 4-1 down in the 1st place had he done his job properly in the summer, coming back to 4-3 is entirely meaningless and shows nothing.

In football terms he's a first class loser who prioritises finances and financial gain over pleasing the fans.

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 09:00 AM

He really rubs you the wrong way. :lol: You're usually pretty poised but it gets a bit nasty when it comes to DT. But I get what you mean. Rival clubs are getting a kick out of watching the meltdowns. That can't be a good thing. They need to have one week where they just boycott a game. Get the message out to silver and red remembers to avoid certain games. Once every month, just boycott a game until it gets bigger and bigger.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Wenger rolling out the flimsy excuses about not being ready. :lol:

What a loser.

Munchies
15-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Wenger rolling out the flimsy excuses about not being ready. :lol:

What a loser.

The thing is, if you go back to the comments after the City friendly, he said we're looking fitter and 'sharp'

:lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 09:22 AM
To be fair I think what wound me up more was not so much his rant but the way on here reacted to it like it was the Gettysburg address :shrug:

But also this is social media, being polemic is fun.

As an aside have a Liverpool fan in my office who sits opposite me and the football hasn't even been mentioned, been talking about the Olympics. Not even that worried if it moves onto football, even though I could very easily point out that I've been to Anfield more times than he has.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 09:39 AM
addendum - we've spoken about it now. I think he was pretty unimpressed with Liverpool's defending and seems more of the view that yesterday's result was poor Arsenal preparation rather than Liverpool doing anything that special (Coutinho first half goal aside).

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Yes, Wenger's excuses are extraordinary - even by his lame standards.

Speaking last Sunday after their friendly win over Manchester City in Gothenburg, Wenger said: ‘I feel we could see we played together for a while, physically we look ready.’

But the Arsenal boss changed his mind after watching his team lose for the third time in four opening-day matches, saying: ‘We are not ready physically. You are in a catch-22 situation with the Euros — whether you give the players a rest who need it.

‘They are not ready to play this sort of game and get injured, like Ramsey, or you give them a rest and not have them for the start.

Why hasn't he been sacked? It's just incredible. He's openly admitting to incompetence here, but everyone at the club and in the media still treat him as if he's competent and even sane. Plainly he's not.

Letters
15-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Saw it in The Metro this morning (mercifully buried under some updates on proper sport a.k.a the Olympics).
It's a poor excuse. We are not the only club who had players in the Euros.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 10:23 AM
Yes, Wenger's excuses are extraordinary - even by his lame standards.

Why hasn't he been sacked? It's just incredible. He's openly admitting to incompetence here, but everyone at the club and in the media still treat him as if he's competent and even sane. Plainly he's not.

Why are you even asking that question, you know the answer

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 10:49 AM
Why are you even asking that question, you know the answer

I do know the answer, but I can't believe it. This is like Hillary running for office. Despite the avalanche of reasons why she's the most unsuitable person imaginable, the whole machinery pushes on without even pretending her candidacy is legitimate in any imaginable way shape or form. This is where we've got to at Arsenal. They're pissing right in our faces and challenging us to do something about it because they think there's absolutely nothing we can do. They think they have every conceivable angle covered. So much so that we now have a manager that openly states mentality plays no part in sport. Literally nobody else on the planet believes that, it doesn't even cross their minds as a concept worthy of consideration. Until Wenger pipes up and states this insanity as a fact. Alright, if he hasn't been sacked for the reasons we already know, why hasn't he been carted off in a straightjacket? Now that's one you can't answer. There's no valid reason why the bloke isn't in a padded cell now.

Goonermerree
15-08-2016, 10:54 AM
I've just heard his excuse re the Euros. I'm done with Wenger's excuses.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 10:59 AM
I've just heard his excuse re the Euros. I'm done with Wenger's excuses.

It was all called well in advance of the kick-off. He's the most predictable man on the planet. He presides over the most predictable team on the planet. He'll deliver the most predictable outcome on the planet, time and time again. This is like Captain Kirk finding out the Enterprise has become trapped in a time loop. So, being Kirk, he'll do everything in his power to break free and return to normalityWenger, he'll say okay, this is good, let's keep going around and around until something changes.

Xhaka Can’t
15-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Pretty much how I feel too, (as a person I'm sure he'd be perfectly likeable).

You AKBs are as much a part of the problem as Wenger, the Board, the owner and the caviar lady.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 11:00 AM
http://organictalks.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/0014_insanity_einstein_quote_960.jpg

Özim
15-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Wenger always has an excuse for his incompetence, the fact is we weren't ready for the 1st game, we didn't do the necessary in the transfer market despite ample opportunity, every other club managed fine after all, we already had a host of injuries which he bought absolutely no cover for, despite having the time and he chose not to play players who played over a month ago at the Euros (plenty of time to rest and get fit).

Yesterday's result was obvious to me, at best I could see a draw but I could easily see Liverpool beating us as I said in the match thread, Klopp has been building a team, made some signings (some of which looked very good yesterday) and had his team ready for the new season, Wenger was lucky we didn't get thrashed as at one point it was getting embarrassing.

Only one man to blame for this, ironically he washes his hands of any responsibility and chooses to blame a competition which everyone has to deal with and which finished a while ago now, sorry excuse for a manager and his stubborness was always going to cos us points, chances of success.

He's failed to make the signings now and if he does make some you can't help but feel they will be panic buys, if he wanted players he should have signed them before the seaso started.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 11:03 AM
You AKBs are as much a part of the problem as Wenger, the Board, the owner and the caviar lady.

49, 49 undefeated... magic hat, magic hat, something about a magic hat... one hand, one hand, he built the stadium with one hand... one Arsene Wenger, there's only one Arsene Wenger!

(which is quite lucky really, because if there was another Wenger that's who we'd hire as his replacement)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 11:07 AM
I do know the answer, but I can't believe it. This is like Hillary running for office. Despite the avalanche of reasons why she's the most unsuitable person imaginable, the whole machinery pushes on without even pretending her candidacy is legitimate in any imaginable way shape or form. This is where we've got to at Arsenal. They're pissing right in our faces and challenging us to do something about it because they think there's absolutely nothing we can do. They think they have every conceivable angle covered. So much so that we now have a manager that openly states mentality plays no part in sport. Literally nobody else on the planet believes that, it doesn't even cross their minds as a concept worthy of consideration. Until Wenger pipes up and states this insanity as a fact. Alright, if he hasn't been sacked for the reasons we already know, why hasn't he been carted off in a straightjacket? Now that's one you can't answer. There's no valid reason why the bloke isn't in a padded cell now.

I am no big fan of Hilary Clinton but really when you consider the presidents America has had, it seems a bizarre statement to call her the "most unsuitable candidate imaginable".
She's totally uninspiring and i think her and her husband are a pair of avaricious socio paths but if the Republican Party members can't take their own nomination process seriously than what can you do.
Unlike the Corbyn, I actually quite like Bernie Sanders and actually think he was in his campaign less concerned with being president of his own fan club, plus he is the only american politician in the mainstream to be scathing of wall street. But ultimately he isn't a president, he's the guy that points and tells you what's wrong and why it's wrong and how we can do it better....and they are incredibly vital to the political process but they don't make for heads of state.
I think to be an effective head of state there has to be the ruthless, sociopathic edge to you....Obama spent too long trying to get Republicans to like him when he really shouldn't have bothered.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 11:13 AM
I am no big fan of Hilary Clinton but really when you consider the presidents America has had, it seems a bizarre statement to call her the "most unsuitable candidate imaginable".
She's totally uninspiring and i think her and her husband are a pair of avaricious socio paths but if the Republican Party members can't take their own nomination process seriously than what can you do.
Unlike the Corbyn, I actually quite like Bernie Sanders and actually think he was in his campaign less concerned with being president of his own fan club, plus he is the only american politician in the mainstream to be scathing of wall street. But ultimately he isn't a president, he's the guy that points and tells you what's wrong and why it's wrong and how we can do it better....and they are incredibly vital to the political process but they don't make for heads of state.
I think to be an effective head of state there has to be the ruthless, sociopathic edge to you....Obama spent too long trying to get Republicans to like him when he really shouldn't have bothered.

Wasn't really looking at it from a political angle, and wrong thread to get into that anyway. More looking at it as a system that has become so corrupt and morally bankrupt (as with Kroenke and his gang at Arsenal) they can host huge public theatre extolling the virtues of honour and service and duty whilst running a serial criminal as a candidate. I can't recall it ever being so blatant. Much as I can't recall a football club more blatant in its desires than Arsenal, or a club whose agenda runs so contrary to the publicly stated aims. Bizarrely there's almost a cold honesty to their dishonesty. Yes - we are lying to you. Thank you for your interest in our affairs.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Wasn't really looking at it from a political angle, and wrong thread to get into that anyway. More looking at it as a system that has become so corrupt and morally bankrupt (as with Kroenke and his gang at Arsenal) they can host huge public theatre extolling the virtues of honour and service and duty whilst running a serial criminal as a candidate. I can't recall it ever being so blatant. Much as I can't recall a football club more blatant in its desires than Arsenal, or a club whose agenda runs so contrary to the publicly stated aims. Bizarrely there's almost a cold honesty to their dishonesty. Yes - we are lying to you. Thank you for your interest in our affairs.

Well you can look at it as her being ahead of the curve, most people wait until they become president before committing crimes.

I just don't think the situation is comparable, no-one is saying if we get rid of Wenger we end up with a badly shaved orang-utan as manager

Flavs
15-08-2016, 11:45 AM

jesus this place has changed a bit....where are all the boob comments??

Kano
15-08-2016, 11:48 AM
jesus this place has changed a bit....where are all the boob comments??

Shut it you tit

Flavs
15-08-2016, 11:56 AM
the question that I was pondering during yesterdays shit shower was whether Wenger has always been a bit shit but carried by individual brilliance and strength of character of former players or whether he has become shit over the past 6 or 7 years and that was compounded by having to sell players to pay for the stadium constantly?

Some things are constant (I watched some old video's to check)
The weird substitutions where he takes off a player having a good game and leaves on a bigger reputation player who is stinking the place up
Not getting involved when we are up against it (Look at Klopp yesterday when we scored, changed his approach, changed his tactics and constantly encouraged his team, Wenger when we were losing, sat there looking all French and moaned at the completely pointless Steve Bould)
Weird digs at people in interviews that make him look like a muppet (what happened to the suave wit?)
The insistence on sticking with players that simply arent up to it
Crap goalkeeping
Worse defending
Endless moaning
Never accepting any blame for anything
signing players who are too young then destroying their confidence by exposing them to insurmountable situations
Having Theo Walcott anywhere near the pitch
Playing people out of position
Rigid tactics

and so on, now when you have a Vieira, Henry or a Bergkamp or even an Anelka or Overmars in your team you can gloss over some of that by winning through individual brilliance or strength of character but when you have a team like we have that have less backbone that the whole French Infantry it shows up the mistakes in Neon

Flavs
15-08-2016, 11:56 AM
:mwah:

LDG
15-08-2016, 12:05 PM
The short of it is, Wenger should have gone after winning the FA Cup (2014). On a high, reputation still mostly intact, and genuine warmth from the majority of the fanbase.

Everything he has done since, chips away further at the reputation he once had, and points more to the doubts lots of people have had for some time.

He is now a bumbling idiot.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 12:27 PM
the question that I was pondering during yesterdays shit shower was whether Wenger has always been a bit shit but carried by individual brilliance and strength of character of former players or whether he has become shit over the past 6 or 7 years and that was compounded by having to sell players to pay for the stadium constantly?

The weird substitutions where he takes off a player having a good game and leaves on a bigger reputation player who is stinking the place up
Not getting involved when we are up against it (Look at Klopp yesterday when we scored, changed his approach, changed his tactics and constantly encouraged his team, Wenger when we were losing, sat there looking all French and moaned at the completely pointless Steve Bould)
Weird digs at people in interviews that make him look like a muppet (what happened to the suave wit?)
Crap goalkeeping
Worse defending
Endless moaning
signing players who are too young then destroying their confidence by exposing them to insurmountable situations
Rigid tactics

and so on, now when you have a Vieira, Henry or a Bergkamp or even an Anelka or Overmars in your team you can gloss over some of that by winning through individual brilliance or strength of character but when you have a team like we have that have less backbone that the whole French Infantry it shows up the mistakes in Neon

Something I thought about more than a few times. And the reason why, if we ever do go into the transfer market again, we need to go big and bring in the type of player who can overcome the handicap of Wenger and win despite him. His entire legacy is under examination. But, it can't be denied he did manage to find those players, the likes of Henry and Vieira who were struggling at their former clubs. But it's a long time since he hit the jackpot.

Kano
15-08-2016, 12:30 PM

Crap goalkeeping
Worse defending
Endless moaning
Rigid tactics

The Invincibles answer that I think. Regardless of their characters he still had to transform Henry back into a striker, develop a young Vieira, help Pires settle and become an even better player and so on. Finding the right characters and the balance with their personalities is easier said than done. If you are an MD or run a business, one of the most time consuming and difficult aspects is dealing with the staff and keeping them onboard and working for you productively. That shit is hard work. And man management in football is one of the most important aspects in achieving success. I heard somewhere recently a theory that I think fits, in that when things are going well he knows how to keep the group going and ensure momentum flows. But when shit hits the fan, as we've seen many times when we go on bad runs and crash out of all the competitions in a short space of time or struggle to win when a defeat breaks an unbeaten run, he struggles to piece it all back together.

As frustrating as the top 4 has become that level of consistency is pretty remarkable in such a competitive league, especially when we moved stadium. Obviously his time is up and has been for a few years I don't think there's a need to revise history on what he achieved previously. Modern football has just caught up and overtaken him, as happens to almost everyone in every industry. It's only the freaks like Ferguson that Buck that trend.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 12:47 PM
And to add to that point, Ferguson also had the good sense to delegate more and more responsibility to his coaching team and shake that coaching team up when it wasn't producing, he had the same ruthlessness with players.

AFC Leveller
15-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Arseblog's piece today was spot on.

The air of confusion that surrounds much of what is going on is hard to shake as well. After Man City Arsene Wenger seemed happy with the physical preparation, saying:

We could see that we have played together for a while now, so there’s a good fluidity and understanding in our game … physically we look ready.
After yesterday’s debacle:

After yesterday’s debacle:

Physically we are not ready … we are not capable of maintaining the level, because not all the players have the

AFC Leveller
15-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Wenger is a fucking liar and a fraud, he has become the biggest problem to the club and the longer he is here the longer this frustration and negativity will go on.

The Emirates Gallactico
15-08-2016, 01:13 PM
The short of it is, Wenger should have gone after winning the FA Cup (2014). On a high, reputation still mostly intact, and genuine warmth from the majority of the fanbase.

Everything he has done since, chips away further at the reputation he once had, and points more to the doubts lots of people have had for some time.

He is now a bumbling idiot.

Pretty much.

And the real egregious thing about this all is that by sticking with the old man we've let one of the best young managers (Klopp) in football, and someone who I'm certain would have jumped at the chance to join, pass through our hands and now have to suffer the indignity of seeing him do the business at Liverpool.

FML.

fakeyank
15-08-2016, 01:17 PM
Wenger goes back on what he said so many times that it is comparable to Donald Trump. They say one thing today and then say the complete opposite the next day, and their fans or supporters stick with them right through it all! What a farce!

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 01:17 PM

Crap goalkeeping
Worse defending
Endless moaning
Rigid tactics

He's always had his flaws. But he came to pretty poor league and brought technically sound players with him to 'dominate'. We've never successfully defended a league title under Wenger and we've never won the Champs League. He's made 1 CL final and 1 UEFA Cup final and lost them both. No other manager has had this many shots in the CL with one club but still not win the thing. He's always been a bit shit.

adzzzbatch
15-08-2016, 01:18 PM
It was all called well in advance of the kick-off. He's the most predictable man on the planet. He presides over the most predictable team on the planet. He'll deliver the most predictable outcome on the planet, time and time again. This is like Captain Kirk finding out the Enterprise has become trapped in a time loop. So, being Kirk, he'll do everything in his power to break free and return to normalityWenger, he'll say okay, this is good, let's keep going around and around until something changes.

That was Picard if I remember rightly.

:getcoat:

Özim
15-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Defending was horrible on Sunday, sure we played two kids, but the whole defensive positioning was shocking, really amateurish.

Özim
15-08-2016, 01:25 PM
He's always had his flaws. But he came to pretty poor league and brought technically sound players with him to 'dominate'. We've never successfully defended a league title under Wenger and we've never won the Champs League. He's made 1 CL final and 1 UEFA Cup final and lost them both. No other manager has had this many shots in the CL with one club but still not win the thing. He's always been a bit shit.

Pretty much agree with this, a top manager doesn't have the kind of career Wenger has had, the players he signed and inherited really made him look a better manager than he was.

I actually would describe him as a glorified scout, was very good at finding players on the cheap when scouting networks weren't as widespread, but nowadays that seems to have largley disappeared as well. His record before he arrived was hardly anything amazing, no doubt he did a good job with his limited skills in his first few years, but his weaknesses have been horribly exposed by superior managers for the last 12 years.

If he was a great manager he'd have won the CL and wouldn't have gone 12 years without a title, he also certainly would have been more competitive in the big competitions.

People hailed the stadium move he was championing (although it wasn't his money he was risking of course) as something great, it's proved to be somewhat of a disaster, since then we've gone backwards and turned into a club few fans would have ever wanted to see us transformed into, I miss those Higbury days, since the move to the new Stadium things just have never been the same.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Sounds like it got pretty ugly after Mane scored, WUMger should count himself lucky Oxlade scored when he did because apparently fans behind the dugout were forcibly told to return to their seats. A colleague who went said he witnessed some programs being launched in his direction as well.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 01:33 PM
Sounds like it got pretty ugly after Mane scored, WUMger should count himself lucky Oxlade scored when he did because apparently fans behind the dugout were forcibly told to return to their seats. A colleague who went said he witnessed some programs being launched in his direction as well.

Were those individuals ejected from the ground?

Özim
15-08-2016, 01:36 PM

Wenger did not see it.

The Emirates Gallactico
15-08-2016, 01:37 PM
Wenger goes back on what he said so many times that it is comparable to Donald Trump. They say one thing today and then say the complete opposite the next day, and their fans or supporters stick with them right through it all! What a farce!

Lightweight Arsene Wenger is a total loser! A specialist in failure who hasn't won the league in more than ten years! Sad! #NoTrophies

fakeyank
Were those individuals ejected from the ground?

No, Wenger was still allowed to sit for the remainder of the game.

Özim
No sign of that Ty guy on AFTV yesterday not surprisingly, but that ginger guy piped up saying we can win the title as usual :lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 01:42 PM
In the 1970s, Arsenal fans who misbehaved were locked in a holding pen for the remainder of the game and were probably treated to a "good kicking" on the sly, I am all for that to happen again.

Chanting "you don't know what you're doing" is not only fair enough it's also an accurate assessment

Throwing things is what our lesser evolved cousins do, and many of them end up in cages.

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 01:45 PM
In the 1970s, Arsenal fans who misbehaved were locked in a holding pen for the remainder of the game and were probably treated to a "good kicking" on the sly, I am all for that to happen again.

Chanting "you don't know what you're doing" is not only fair enough it's also an accurate assessment

Throwing things is what our lesser evolved cousins do, and many of them end up in cages.

May it continue until he gets the message and leaves. Nothing seriously ugly that puts him in danger but enough for him to see that he's not welcome here.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 01:51 PM
May it continue until he gets the message and leaves. Nothing seriously ugly that puts him in danger but enough for him to see that he's not welcome here.

I'm afraid i don't agree, chanting Wenger out, spend some f**king money, you don't know what you're doing or any other similar epithet...all good and i encourage anyone who doesn't like what they are seeing on the pitch to let their displeasure known vocally.

Throwing things is the behaviour of thugs, and creates the perception that the people who want Wenger gone are nothing but thugs (and that's clearly not true). So if it does continue i hope the perpetrators are given lifetime bans from the club so they can get upset and throw things in the safety of their own home.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 01:52 PM
I've got angry and frustrated at football matches, mainly at the gentleman in black with the whistle but i don't throw things in his direction.

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 02:01 PM
I've got angry and frustrated at football matches, mainly at the gentleman in black with the whistle but i don't throw things in his direction.

Pat yourself on the back. I don't care what you do. :lol:

These guys should be pelted with rotten eggs.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 02:04 PM

Mob Mentality, frankly if someone threw a rotten egg at Wenger I would be quite happy for him to do to that person what John Prescott did to an egg thrower in Rhyl.

Although more likely he'd stand there like a wet weekend like Ed Milliband did when someone threw an egg at him.

bignev
15-08-2016, 02:04 PM
As frustrating as the top 4 has become that level of consistency is pretty remarkable in such a competitive league, especially when we moved stadium. Obviously his time is up and has been for a few years I don't think there's a need to revise history on what he achieved previously. Modern football has just caught up and overtaken him, as happens to almost everyone in every industry. It's only the freaks like Ferguson that Buck that trend.

I think this is how most people feel. You do get the odd person at the extreme ends of the scale, i.e. He's the worst manager of all time or he can do no wrong.

But your post sums up what we all know. What can we do about it though?

fakeyank
15-08-2016, 02:08 PM

:gp:

A picture of Wengers face with a broken egg on it will be the stuff of dreams for tabloids and meme makers. Ahh, please make it happen! :pray:

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Mob Mentality, frankly if someone threw a rotten egg at Wenger I would be quite happy for him to do to that person what John Prescott did to an egg thrower in Rhyl.

Although more likely he'd stand there like a wet weekend like Ed Milliband did when someone threw an egg at him.

Now whose the uncivilized one? :lol: Throwing a punch back would be beneath Mr Wenger. ;)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 02:10 PM

A picture of Wengers face with a broken egg on it will be the stuff of dreams for tabloids and meme makers. Ahh, please make it happen! :pray:

Why don't you do it when you are next over here, if only so a couple of stewards can take you to one side and treat you to a complimentary knuckle supper.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Now whose the uncivilized one? :lol: Throwing a punch back would be beneath Mr Wenger. ;)

No i think it's justified. Throwing an egg at someone because you don't like how they are doing their job is the work of a simpleton

Chinning someone who has thrown fresh produce at you is a measured and justified reaction. Plus it's not the same as flinging things about like monkeys throwing their faeces, it's the act of controlled well directed retribution.

An act of controlled and well directed retribution from an Arsenal fan at what is going on, is not to pay for season tickets, matchday tickets or merchandise

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Why don't you do it when you are next over here, if only so a couple of stewards can take you to one side and treat you to a complimentary knuckle supper.

You thug! ;)

fakeyank
15-08-2016, 02:15 PM

Gary doesnt get me seats that are close enough. :(

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 02:15 PM
You thug! ;)

If people wearing uniforms do it, it's brutality not thuggery.....keep up :lol:

Call me a snob if you like, but i prefer violence to be well organised.

I'm quite happy for anyone who can't behave themselves to get a beating

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 02:16 PM
No i think it's justified. Throwing an egg at someone because you don't like how they are doing their job is the work of a simpleton

Chinning someone who has thrown fresh produce at you is a measured and justified reaction. Plus it's not the same as flinging things about like monkeys throwing their faeces, it's the act of controlled well directed retribution.

An act of controlled and well directed retribution from an Arsenal fan at what is going on, is not to pay for season tickets, matchday tickets or merchandise

Alright, alright climb down off your high horse. This isn't serious.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Gary doesnt get me seats that are close enough. :(

That's a shame, you could have posted pictures of you with black eyes and cut lips onto the user pics thread

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Alright, alright climb down off your high horse. This isn't serious.

I see no reason to dismount, i have a distinct aerial advantage

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 02:23 PM
I've got angry and frustrated at football matches, mainly at the black gentleman but i don't throw things in his direction.

:sulk:

Özim
15-08-2016, 02:25 PM

The headline would be "Eggless Chicken"

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 02:26 PM
I think this is how most people feel. You do get the odd person at the extreme ends of the scale, i.e. He's the worst manager of all time or he can do no wrong.

Stand as one. Not in the hope that he'll leave, but in the hope the money ghouls make a calculation and decide a little bit of expenditure and more of a focus on what happens on the pitch is better for profits than letting the situation deteriorate which in turn could impact profits. That's about the best we can hope for given the nature of our absentee lord and master.

GP
15-08-2016, 02:27 PM

#BlackLivesMatter

fakeyank
15-08-2016, 02:33 PM
That's a shame, you could have posted pictures of you with black eyes and cut lips onto the user pics thread

I know.. :(

fakeyank
15-08-2016, 02:34 PM
#BlackLivesMatter

#AllLivesMatter

GP
15-08-2016, 02:43 PM
#AllLivesMatter

You fucking racist.

AFC Leveller
15-08-2016, 02:44 PM
#AllLivesMatter

#ArsenalFansMatter

Globalgunner
15-08-2016, 02:45 PM
#AllLivesMatterRacist!http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/Humph.gif

Kano
15-08-2016, 02:48 PM

The only option is to try and sit it out. The booing and chants are acceptable, although uncomfortable to sit through but the direct abuse by those sitting near is bang out of order. If it affects you that much that you have to act like a complete dick over a football match, then it's time to take a breather. The crowd booing and chants growing would have an affect on Wenger, I don't think he'd sign up for another contract if he was subject to boos etc most home games. The other problem is that it does seem a bit ridiculous from a fans point of view to keep booing a team that is usually near the top of the table. It's part of the conundrum facing Arsenal fans right now.

AFC Leveller
15-08-2016, 03:26 PM
There is NO way Wenger will leave when his contract expires this season, he will sign a new one (3 years) and the board will keep sucking the life out of the fans while making shit loads of money in the process.

I just cannot see why Wenger wont resign, he CANNOT be blind to what is happening, no way.

Globalgunner
15-08-2016, 03:32 PM
There is NO way Wenger will leave when his contract expires this season, he will sign a new one (3 years) and the board will keep sucking the life out of the fans while making shit loads of money in the process.

I just cannot see why Wenger wont resign, he CANNOT be blind to what is happening, no way.

He wont resign because he would be bored. He said so himself.
He is happy to take the shit...and the money

Özim
15-08-2016, 03:41 PM
He wont resign because he would be bored. He said so himself.

Precisely we're stuck with this LeClown for the foreseeable future (could be 5 years the way he talks), just when you think he could never do this, or has to do that he does the complete opposite so it wouldn't surprise me if he handed himself a new 3 year contract and followed that up again once that runs out too.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 04:04 PM

:rolleyes:

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 04:04 PM
I think he's here for another 3 years as well. I can't see how this can possibly be his last season unless he has told the Board already that he won't sign a new deal or they have already decided not to offer a new contract. There is no way he gets to the end of the season and then he decides to walk away without a successor already lined up.....but you never know with this club. ;)

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 04:46 PM
I think he's here for another 3 years as well. I can't see how this can possibly be his last season unless he has told the Board already that he won't sign a new deal or they have already decided not to offer a new contract. There is no way he gets to the end of the season and then he decides to walk away without a successor already lined up.....but you never know with this club. ;)

This club is so bizarre you end up dreading a good run of form in case the board uses it to slip in a contract extension.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 05:10 PM

I think the fans attitudes are changing as each season passes, I think two years ago people were prepared to give Wenger the benefit of time now that he had definite money to spend and he did manage to retain good will by spending money during the summer of 2014, as well as showing signs of progression later on that season culminating in the FA cup.
Where as the Wenger out group was a large minority, it's now a silent majority (by that I mean the majority of fans want him gone but aren't all quite as vocal about it) because Wenger has used up all the good will he earnt, the total collapse in the league was one thing but blaming insipid home performances on fans, and on top of that sitting on his hands in three out of the last four seasons which has led to us losing the opening game in three out of the last four seasons.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 05:22 PM
And he's fat.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 05:27 PM
And he's Black.

Christ

Kano
15-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Christ

Yes he was too

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 05:42 PM
This club is so bizarre you end up dreading a good run of form in case the board uses it to slip in a contract extension.

Yep. That's the conflict and where people start saying they hope certain players get injured just so he's forced to make a signing or select the right player, people hope we drop out of the top 4 just so the board put pressure on him or hope things get so bad at the stadium people walk out or just cause pandemonium. It's not healthy and it shouldn't have to get to that stage. Why has it come to this under Arsene Wenger of all people? It's going beyond the results and team. People are starting to despise everything the club stands for. I know I'm at that point and had to really question what the heck I was swallowing when they started spouting this self sustaining model rubbish.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty immune to that type of thinking, I don't want us to finish lower than 4th because whenever Wenger goes, I think a club that has sullied its reputation the way we have is going to find it difficult enough getting in a competent replacement and will be even harder without champions league football

And if I want a player to get injured it's usually because hes shit, whilst I wasn't glad that Ramsey was injured yesterday it would be wrong to think I was in some way sad about it.

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 05:53 PM
I think the fans attitudes are changing as each season passes, I think two years ago people were prepared to give Wenger the benefit of time now that he had definite money to spend and he did manage to retain good will by spending money during the summer of 2014, as well as showing signs of progression later on that season culminating in the FA cup.
Where as the Wenger out group was a large minority, it's now a silent majority (by that I mean the majority of fans want him gone but aren't all quite as vocal about it) because Wenger has used up all the good will he earnt, the total collapse in the league was one thing but blaming insipid home performances on fans, and on top of that sitting on his hands in three out of the last four seasons which has led to us losing the opening game in three out of the last four seasons.

It has definitely changed. It's pretty clear to see that he's the problem and patience has gone out the window. Was listening to Neville's Sky podcast last night and zoned out after he said he was surprised by the fans reaction after the first game of the season as if it's total irrational. These media pundits aren't asking the right sort of questions and that's also getting to me. It's worth listening to Arsecast's podcast today. He's been pretty patient and rational through all of this but he's really losing his patience and some real good questions are being asked. Check it out.

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 06:05 PM
I'm pretty immune to that type of thinking, I don't want us to finish lower than 4th because whenever Wenger goes, I think a club that has sullied its reputation the way we have is going to find it difficult enough getting in a competent replacement and will be even harder without champions league football

And if I want a player to get injured it's usually because hes shit, whilst I wasn't glad that Ramsey was injured yesterday it would be wrong to think I was in some way sad about it.

I disagree. It's not about Champions League football. It's more so about ambition and infrastructure. What are you working towards and will you support the managers ambition. Klopp, Mourinho and Conte won' be in the Champions League this year. That didn't stop them from going there. They didn't apply for jobs with Spurs and Leicester just because they qualified.

The biggest thing this club has going for it is that we support our manager. We're not trigger happy and have allowed Wenger to get on with things uninterrupted. That has to be a huge draw for any manager. Plus our record is so shit a new manager comes in with a chance to propel this club to a new level.

What's holding us back is the lack of spending. The appearance of lacking ambition. If that reputation stays with us people potential managers get a whiff of that when they visit the Emirates, we're screwed even if we have Champions League football.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Christ

#BlackChristsMatter

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 06:19 PM
I disagree. It's not about Champions League football. It's more so about ambition and infrastructure. What are you working towards and will you support the managers ambition. Klopp, Mourinho and Conte won' be in the Champions League this year. That didn't stop them from going there. They didn't apply for jobs with Spurs and Leicester just because they qualified.

The biggest thing this club has going for it is that we support our manager. We're not trigger happy and have allowed Wenger to get on with things uninterrupted. That has to be a huge draw for any manager. Plus our record is so shit a new manager comes in with a chance to propel this club to a new level.

What's holding us back is the lack of spending. The appearance of lacking ambition. If that reputation stays with us people potential managers get a whiff of that when they visit the Emirates, we're screwed even if we have Champions League football.

Top managers are ambitious, and top managers want to go to clubs playing in the top competition

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Top managers are ambitious, and top managers want to go to clubs playing in the top competition

I bet they also don't mind going to clubs with a shit load of resources but are underperforming, like Utd, Pool, the dirty chavs. And us. Only difference is the reluctance of somebody at our club to part with those resources. If that's Wenger then happy days, his departure would transform the club for the better in so many ways and I'm sure plenty of prospective top managers could figure that out. If it's the board keeping hold of the purse then we're fucked and top managers will be able to figure that out too. In some ways, we'd better hope Wenger is as hapless as it appears.

Özim
15-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Arsenal will have no problem attracting a top manager, they have the money, it's a big club and it's had almost no success for 12 years, a great challenge for any manager.

Top 4 isn't necessary, people are fixated with top 4 mainly due to Wenger, he's brainwashed people into thinking it's some kind of achievement, that and money but we have plenty of that anyway.

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 06:42 PM

Did you even read what I wrote? What are Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd? How did they attract top managers and what do you make of Leicester and Spurs being in the Top 4? Will the top managers flock to them just because of their league position?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Arsenal will have no problem attracting a top manager, they have the money, it's a big club and it's had almost no success for 12 years, a great challenge for any manager.

Top 4 isn't necessary, people are fixated with top 4 mainly due to Wenger, he's brainwashed people into thinking it's some kind of achievement, that and money but we have plenty of that anyway.

Yes I'm brainwashed and unable to formulate my own opinion

NQ made the case for Liverpool and United who have attracted decent managers without CL football, but the fact is they are clubs with ambition and Arsenal are not. The old board bought into their own hype about self sustainability and that's why they elected to sell out to an avaricious old parasite like Enos Stanley Kroenke (although still better than selling out to an actual sub human parasite like Alisher Usmanov) and we all know none of us are ignorant to the fact that Wenger is retained because they know they will get the money from a 4th place finish from him with relatively low expenditure.

They don't care if the squad is prepared for the season, they don't support the manager they just delegate everything to him. What other manager with any self respect will be prepared to be used as a deflection against criticism and disdain where it truly lies....Wenger is a dinosaur who should be put out to pasture but can you blame him for collecting his exorbitant wages for a job where he's under no pressure to exceed the minimum and wouldn't have the support from the club to do so even if he had the balls to push himself to achieve more and go out with a bang.

I don't think it escapes the footballing world what the setup is like at Arsenal, no manager really would want to enter that situation and even less likely to without the inducement of champions league.

Maybe Gazidis will have free reign to hire and fire once Wenger goes, but ultimately he will have to answer to Kroenke who won't be happy if anything upsets his investment.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 06:53 PM
Did you even read what I wrote? What are Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd? How did they attract top managers and what do you make of Leicester and Spurs being in the Top 4? Will the top managers flock to them just because of their league position?

I don't know I can't remember. I possibly lost interest half way through

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 07:05 PM
I don't know I can't remember. I possibly lost interest half way through

Well fuck you too! :lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 07:12 PM
Well fuck you too! :lol:

Ha I thought that was the best way to answer it, I'm not saying you were doing this but people are prone to saying didn't you read what I wrote with the presumption that you couldn't not agree with that assessment if you'd read it properly.

I do it myself to stupid people just to wind them up

Özim
15-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Yes I'm brainwashed and unable to formulate my own opinion

NQ made the case for Liverpool and United who have attracted decent managers without CL football, but the fact is they are clubs with ambition and Arsenal are not. The old board bought into their own hype about self sustainability and that's why they elected to sell out to an avaricious old parasite like Enos Stanley Kroenke (although still better than selling out to an actual sub human parasite like Alisher Usmanov) and we all know none of us are ignorant to the fact that Wenger is retained because they know they will get the money from a 4th place finish from him with relatively low expenditure.

They don't care if the squad is prepared for the season, they don't support the manager they just delegate everything to him. What other manager with any self respect will be prepared to be used as a deflection against criticism and disdain where it truly lies....Wenger is a dinosaur who should be put out to pasture but can you blame him for collecting his exorbitant wages for a job where he's under no pressure to exceed the minimum and wouldn't have the support from the club to do so even if he had the balls to push himself to achieve more and go out with a bang.

I don't think it escapes the footballing world what the setup is like at Arsenal, no manager really would want to enter that situation and even less likely to without the inducement of champions league.

Maybe Gazidis will have free reign to hire and fire once Wenger goes, but ultimately he will have to answer to Kroenke who won't be happy if anything upsets his investment.

I simply don't agree, Wenger has so much control, he's just as involved as the rest of them, we don't spend because he doesn't want to, we're not well prepared because he doesn't do his job properly and he doesn't have the pride in his job to do his best for success either, he's been there a long time and he's just as big a problem as the owner.

He gets paid a sh*t load (more than most managers), has free reign to do anything he likes with no pressure, it's a perfect situation, what manager wouldn't want that, do you think a new manager would want to be under pressure to succeed immediately or do you think he would prefer some time to do it?

Wenger isn't the victim you make him out to be, he's a problem a big problem, we see it everytime he opens his mouth or comes up with one of his nutjob ideas, he's a law onto himself and in Arsenal he's found a club who will indulge his weird fantasies about football, take him out of the equation and things will change, it may not be perfect but it'll be a helluvah lot better than it is now, sure the owner is interested in making money, but if you succeed you'll make more money.

Power n Glory
15-08-2016, 07:19 PM
I bet they also don't mind going to clubs with a shit load of resources but are underperforming, like Utd, Pool, the dirty chavs. And us. Only difference is the reluctance of somebody at our club to part with those resources. If that's Wenger then happy days, his departure would transform the club for the better in so many ways and I'm sure plenty of prospective top managers could figure that out. If it's the board keeping hold of the purse then we're fucked and top managers will be able to figure that out too. In some ways, we'd better hope Wenger is as hapless as it appears.

That's where I'm coming from. In fact, if it took dripping out of the Top 4 for the Board to fire Wenger, wouldn't that indicate there is some sort of ambition there to stay on the top competitions?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Wenger does have free reign, he can do what he likes. And that is unprecedented in managerial terms, a manager is always vaguely answerable to someone. And know I don't think a manager coming in would like that, even managers like a structure....they will want to know they have the clubs support not the keys tossed at them "do what you like as long as we finish 4th".
That's not an atmosphere I believe any manager will want to join, the responsibility and authority Wenger has far exceeds anything Ferguson had at United, and it's a strong indicator of a leaderless club....a club that as long as the bottom line looks ok does not give a fuck about what is going on in the football sense and will take the same laisse faire approach to a new manager.
Unless there is both incentive and pressure to deliver, it's not an environment one can succeed in.

Özim
15-08-2016, 07:26 PM
Wenger does have free reign, he can do what he likes. And that is unprecedented in managerial terms, a manager is always vaguely answerable to someone. And know I don't think a manager coming in would like that, even managers like a structure....they will want to know they have the clubs support not the keys tossed at them "do what you like as long as we finish 4th".
That's not an atmosphere I believe any manager will want to join, the responsibility and authority Wenger has far exceeds anything Ferguson had at United, and it's a strong indicator of a leaderless club....a club that as long as the bottom line looks ok does not give a fuck about what is going on in the football sense and will take the same laisse faire approach to a new manager.
Unless there is both incentive and pressure to deliver, it's not an environment one can succeed in.

Pressure can come from within, the top managers put pressure on themselves to succeed, that's what makes them top managers, Wenger is content with losing as long as he makes himself and the club money so there's no pressure from anywhere for him.

A new manager would invariably come into a different setup than Wenger is use to, the only reason it is how it is for Wenger is that he's been here longer than anyone else, he's made his own rules and set his own role, none of the people who were there when he started are there anymore.

Letters
15-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Wenger does have too much power at the club but you can't absolve the board blame for that.
They are his bosses, if they take the attitude that so long as he keeps delivering a profit and top 4 then that's fine then they have to take some flak for that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Pressure can come from within, the top managers put pressure on themselves to succeed, that's what makes them top managers, Wenger is content with losing as long as he makes himself and the club money so there's no pressure from anywhere for him.

A new manager would invariably come into a different setup than Wenger is use to, the only reason it is how it is for Wenger is that he's been here longer than anyone else, he's made his own rules and set his own role, none of the people who were there when he started are there anymore.

Maybe at first they might be, but it's human nature that being challenged and driven to do your best has to come from without rather than within.

Working in the public sector, I have done jobs where you get away with doing the bare minimum and often because of a lack of management above you lose the drive to push yourself beyond that after a while.

You want to know your managers have faith in you, but when you are subject to having no challenge from above no matter what decision you make it Instills a god complex and a sense of resentment when anyone else questions what you do.

fakeyank
15-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Wenger does have too much power at the club but you can't absolve the board blame for that.
They are his bosses, if they take the attitude that so long as he keeps delivering a profit and top 4 then that's fine then they have to take some flak for that.

And the fans should take blame for letting these morans get away with it. I am one of the culprits filling up the coffers for these muppets. However I am making progress... As a sign of progress/protest, I have not bought any Arsenal memorabilia since February 2016!

mastermind84
15-08-2016, 10:23 PM
http://organictalks.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/0014_insanity_einstein_quote_960.jpg

Not only is this not the definition of insanity, Einstein never said it.

Niall_Quinn
15-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Wrong. And here's the proof: http://www.news.hypercrit.net/2012/11/13/einstein-on-misattribution-i-probably-didnt-say-that/

cricketsi
16-08-2016, 08:03 AM
Wrong. And here's the proof: http://www.news.hypercrit.net/2012/11/13/einstein-on-misattribution-i-probably-didnt-say-that/

I'm confused - you've linked to an article that concludes that he didn't say it?

However, in the discussion, somebody mentions another apparent Einstein quote that is perhaps even more apt to our plight:

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/ccr-video-finalbook-160201011921/95/what-should-students-learn-for-the-21st-century-a-fourdimensional-education-17-638.jpg?cb=1454289761

Marc Overmars
16-08-2016, 08:13 AM
https://s4.postimg.org/f6pg0kxel/image.jpg

Kano
16-08-2016, 08:21 AM

Power n Glory
16-08-2016, 08:25 AM

Özim
16-08-2016, 08:57 AM

LDG
16-08-2016, 09:19 AM

Genius

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2016, 10:22 AM
I'm confused - you've linked to an article that concludes that he didn't say it?

However, in the discussion, somebody mentions another apparent Einstein quote that is perhaps even more apt to our plight:

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/ccr-video-finalbook-160201011921/95/what-should-students-learn-for-the-21st-century-a-fourdimensional-education-17-638.jpg?cb=1454289761

Sometimes if you tell somebody they are wrong and the provide a link they just accept it and it saves you from having to admit you were wrong yourself. On this occasion you ruined it.

Power n Glory
16-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Sometimes if you tell somebody they are wrong and the provide a link they just accept it and it saves you from having to admit you were wrong yourself. On this occasion you ruined it.

IBK
16-08-2016, 10:29 AM
An excellent passage of posts all round! :)

cricketsi
16-08-2016, 10:38 AM

Ah, see you were scuppered by the fact I hold your posting in too high regard. Next time you can help your cause by posting one of your daily mail links that make me feel too dirty if I click on them.

mastermind84
16-08-2016, 11:13 AM
https://s4.postimg.org/f6pg0kxel/image.jpg

Özim
16-08-2016, 11:41 AM

I don't absolve them, they're happy with the situation, all they care about is money, unfortunately that goes for Wenger too, he doesn't have the pride to do all he can in his power to succeed, he's happy enough coming 2nd/3rd/4th every season, a sad indictment of the man, he has zero ambition and zeron hunger to cement his legacy by proving he's a winner and a top manager, it's all too apparent he isn't, economics is clearly his forte.

Niall_Quinn
16-08-2016, 11:46 AM
I don't absolve them, they're happy with the situation, all they care about is money, unfortunately that goes for Wenger too, he doesn't have the pride to do all he can in his power to succeed, he's happy enough coming 2nd/3rd/4th every season, a sad indictment of the man, he has zero ambition and zeron hunger to cement his legacy by proving he's a winner and a top manager, it's all too apparent he isn't, economics is clearly his forte.

Is economics really his forte though? Unless they plan siphoning that bank account, leaving money lying around unspent in a hyper inflating market is not smart economics. On the other hand, I suppose boosting the balance sheet so Stan can use Arsenal as gold plated collateral is a smart enough move if you are a con artist only involved with sport for one reason. So Wenger's not really a football economist, he seems to be a bit of an idiot in that respect, but he's a decent enough fund manager. Lots of growth for his shareholders. Well done. No wonder they want him here forever.

Özim
16-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Is economics really his forte though? Unless they plan siphoning that bank account, leaving money lying around unspent in a hyper inflating market is not smart economics. On the other hand, I suppose boosting the balance sheet so Stan can use Arsenal as gold plated collateral is a smart enough move if you are a con artist only involved with sport for one reason. So Wenger's not really a football economist, he seems to be a bit of an idiot in that respect, but he's a decent enough fund manager. Lots of growth for his shareholders. Well done. No wonder they want him here forever.

Fair point, maybe fund manager is more appropriate, the professor isn't so smart after all, it was all an illusion, but he does speak about 6000 languages, maybe so he can make sure he can make bids under the market rate and insult selling clubs by doing so in their own language.

In reality he's becoming the laughing stock of the football world but either he doesn't see it or he doesn't care.

Bumble
16-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Fair point, maybe fund manager is more appropriate, the professor isn't so smart after all, it was all an illusion, but he does speak about 6000 languages, maybe so he can make sure he can make bids under the market rate and insult selling clubs by doing so in their own language.

In reality he's becoming the laughing stock of the football world but either he doesn't see it or he doesn't care.
No he isn't a laughing stock. He is a genius. he has managed to earn £7/8m a year to finish 4th. The board are happy with what he does. He makes a lot of money for arsenal. Most of the fans are still content as we win most of our games and do most things pretty well.

In the world you will find probably only a handful a clubs wouldn't want to swap places with Arsenal.

What is wrong with making a lower bid... no one forces the club to sell a contracted player if they don't want to. Do you not shop at Lidl or Aldi then and prefer Waitrose as somewhere down the line someone is getting fleeced to be able to charge lower prices?

Kano
16-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Still makes me laugh when his salary keeps getting brought up. I mean seriously, who gives a fuck? In a game where players and managers are earning ridiculous money, at what point does a mult-million pound contract become unacceptable for the actual job they are performing? It's all obscene, so by all means increase his salary, add a zero to the right of the figure for all I care.

GP
16-08-2016, 01:09 PM
7 million a year though!? I can't believe he's paid 8 million a year. There's no way that cunt earns that 9 million a year.

Özim
16-08-2016, 01:14 PM
No he isn't a laughing stock. He is a genius. he has managed to earn £7/8m a year to finish 4th. The board are happy with what he does. He makes a lot of money for arsenal. Most of the fans are still content as we win most of our games and do most things pretty well.

In the world you will find probably only a handful a clubs wouldn't want to swap places with Arsenal.

What is wrong with making a lower bid... no one forces the club to sell a contracted player if they don't want to. Do you not shop at Lidl or Aldi then and prefer Waitrose as somewhere down the line someone is getting fleeced to be able to charge lower prices?

He's a laughing stock I'm afraid, everytime he has an interview he's pretty much embarasses himself, a genius he certainly isn't. Yes he has managed to make a mint of the back of the fans you're right, that's thanks to manipulating himself into a position of power where he has people believing he's irreplaceable and of course making a shedload of money for those above him.

Incidentally I couldn't care less how much he earns, problem is more that I think he's doing a lousy job.

Nothing wrong with making lower bids, but there is when they never get anywhere making lower bids, at some point you have to use some intelligence and realise you should bid a bit more, maybe closer to the going rate?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
16-08-2016, 05:20 PM
7 million a year though!? I can't believe he's paid 8 million a year. There's no way that cunt earns that 9 million a year.

:d

IBK
17-08-2016, 11:34 AM

Wenger might not be a laughing stock (quite), but there is truth in the old Mourinho jibe that he has become a 'specialist in failure' - particularly if that phrase extends to the failure to exploit the club's full potential on the pitch.

...and as a club, AFC has become a byword for also-rans.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Wenger might not be a laughing stock (quite), but there is truth in the old Mourinho jibe that he has become a 'specialist in failure' - particularly if that phrase extends to the failure to exploit the club's full potential on the pitch.

...and as a club, AFC has become a byword for also-rans.

He's somehow become both. Respected AND a laughing stock. People will listen to what he has to say, and then laugh at what he does.

Özim
17-08-2016, 01:55 PM
He's somehow become both. Respected AND a laughing stock. People will listen to what he has to say, and then laugh at what he does.

:lol: Very true!

milla
20-08-2016, 12:54 PM