Munchies
20-08-2016, 06:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqUpD4aXYAAX7Sp.jpg

Niall_Quinn
Fuck off Wenker!

Özim
LeClown strikes again.......and again........and again........and again......

Munchies
20-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Take Walcott wiht you you fucking senile cunt

Alexis upfront wont work FFS!!

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Come on then. Wenker Post Match Bingo.

I'm going with, "Some players are coming back and lacked a little bit sharpness"

Maestro
20-08-2016, 06:28 PM
You know we're fucked when the only thing to look forward to is Arsenal Fan TV, roll on fam.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2016, 06:29 PM
You know we're fucked when the only thing to look forward to is Arsenal Fan TV, roll on fam.

Init blud

Globalgunner
20-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Ne`er do wells did not do so well. Another Wenger shit show
1 point, stuff of champs

Özim
20-08-2016, 06:30 PM

:goodpost:

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2016, 06:30 PM
The ONLY sport we'll have this season is watching Wenker being hounded out. Hopefully. Forget anything else - nothing happening on the pitch.

Munchies
20-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Farcene Wenker :bow:

Globalgunner
20-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Ranieri talking just now. Dismissed promptings to complain about the pen. Top bloke, even though his team was robbed.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Dear me, I'm siding with Michael Owen.....

Munchies
Waiting to hear Wenker's BS now :popcorn:

adzzzbatch
Ranieri talking just now. Dismissed promptings to complain about the pen. Top bloke, even though his team was robbed.

I still hate him for that CL quarter final though.

Munchies
20-08-2016, 06:43 PM

We would've bottled it anyway

Globalgunner
20-08-2016, 06:48 PM

Wenger couldnt win the CL if the final 4 teams were. Us. Olympiakos, Monaco and Steau Bucharest.

Munchies
20-08-2016, 06:54 PM
:haha:

Wenger BULLSHITTING

WHAT A CUNT

Munchies
20-08-2016, 06:55 PM
I AM FUCKING DONE WITH HIM

'WE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE 600 EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE TO BE PAID AT THE END OF THE MONTH BEFORE WE PAY TRANSFERS'

Munchies
20-08-2016, 06:56 PM
The prick is on £8m a year!

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2016, 07:00 PM

'WE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE 600 EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE TO BE PAID AT THE END OF THE MONTH BEFORE WE PAY TRANSFERS'

tbf, no other club has to deal with paying staff.

600 people required to produce that shit show though? Bit worrying?

Munchies
20-08-2016, 07:01 PM
What the fuck did the Emirates move do for us? Fans getting shafted every single year for a decade

Kano
The prick is on £8m a year!

He should only be on 5m that's more reasonable for managing a football team!

topgun

That make's it official, the guy has lost the f-----g plot.

Munchies
20-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Video of it

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/767074312738275329

Munchies
20-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Wenger: "No-one speaks about Holding's performance today. You should be happy because he's English. Maybe it's because he didn't cost £55m."

Wenger: "It's funny that we come out of football games & have to speak about money instead of football games."

Wenger asked why he's reluctant to spend. "Why do you say I'm reluctant? If I buy you tomorrow, I've spent £45 million. Have I done well?"

Wenger on fans' calls for him to spend: "They're highly influenced by the media. We try to make right decisions. It's as simple as that."

https://twitter.com/tomwfootball/status/767072818970423297

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2016, 07:07 PM
We've gone from not being able to compete with the gypos to not being able to do more than cover the payroll. What a lying sack of shit this guy is.

This season is exposing quite clearly what sort of a fraud and con-artist this bloke is - and his mates upstairs.

You try to laugh at them and treat them as a joke but then they get so offensive it makes it impossible to do anything bar despise them.

Munchies
20-08-2016, 07:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqT5HuWXEAA14Z-.jpg
https://twitter.com/raymondverheije/status/767028491317575680

This is just coming out now too

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2016, 07:12 PM

He actually said that?

We aren't facing a winding up order we are one of the richest clubs in the world, don't pretend that we are living on a thin line

Munchies
20-08-2016, 07:16 PM
He actually said that?

We aren't facing a winding up order we are one of the richest clubs in the world, don't pretend that we are living on a thin line

Yeah, I posted the video of it, here

https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/767073952359411712

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Read it in context, but yes he said it. The dithering and the inflexibility infuriate though.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Wenger on fans' calls for him to spend: "They're highly influenced by the media. We try to make right decisions. It's as simple as that."

No!

We're highly influenced by results and performances and they're clearly not good enough! They haven't been since the turn of 2016! I really wish one of the commentators had the wherewithal to respond immediately to that BS.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2016, 07:21 PM

Jesus he's gone full Jeremy Corbyn, it's not my fault it's all the haters in the media and people unable to think for themselves.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2016, 07:22 PM
No!

We're highly influenced by results and performances and they're clearly not good enough! They haven't been since the turn of 2016! I really wish one of the commentators had the wherewithal to respond immediately to that BS.

Why would they? The media largely has a quid pro quo agreement with football clubs. Post match interviews are largely a PR exercise, ask the wrong questions and they lose their access.

Kano
20-08-2016, 07:25 PM
He actually said that?

Gazidis is on a decent salary tbf

Maestro
20-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Said it before, will say it again ...Wenger and Kroenke are cunts of the highest order. The way they speak to and treat fans is despicable ...take all of us for mugs, regularly with no shame in their game.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2016, 07:34 PM
My brother sends me a text half hour ago calling Wenger a "dead man walking", it's bizarre how someone who shares the same genes as you can be so naive.

Anyway no sense in not exploiting it, I bet him fifty quid Wenger would stil be here next season.

Maestro
20-08-2016, 07:38 PM
My brother sends me a text half hour ago calling Wenger a "dead man walking", it's bizarre how someone who shares the same genes as you can be so naive.

Anyway no sense in not exploiting it, I bet him fifty quid Wenger would stil be here next season.

Double down and make it £100, Wenger has the Mugabe syndrome and Kroenke literally can't afford to lose him. It will take an open majority fan revolt at matches to hound him out, and we know that just won't happen.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Double down and make it £100, Wenger has the Mugabe syndrome and Kroenke literally can't afford to lose him. It will take an open majority fan revolt at matches to hound him out, and we know that just won't happen.

Hmm as frustrating as I find Wenger, he'd have to go a long way before I found any comparison between him and Robert Mugabe appropriate.

Wenger is an entrenched and stubborn old fool who seems to spin excuse after excuse for his failings because he's willfully blind to the fact that the game has left him behind. Mugabe is actually a sadistic, evil man and even Zim at his angriest at Wenger wouldn't call him evil.

Kano
20-08-2016, 07:52 PM

Nah, he was raised on a farm and he likes white people.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2016, 08:05 PM
Two away wins in ten in the league in 2016

Eight wins from 21 league games altogether in 2016

At the Emirates we have won 8 drawn 3 and lost 5 of our games.

All together our record is 11 wins 10 draws and 7 defeats in 28 games

Distinctly average

alexander
20-08-2016, 08:09 PM
wrote this in last weeks reaction. Still applies.

`We are just going to go over exactly the same ground as the last season/s. We havent changed anything so whats to discuss?`

Maestro
20-08-2016, 08:14 PM
Nah, he was raised on a farm and he likes white people.

:haha::haha::haha: good one

Letters
20-08-2016, 08:34 PM

If you press Caps Lock again it stops doing that :tiphat:

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Listen to this fool. 10 years later... "It's just 2 games, it's just 2 games..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_iCZ-D3MTo

Munchies
20-08-2016, 09:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaAtK7R_i6c

Munchies
20-08-2016, 09:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6WqFsHhl2Q

DT :bow:

mastermind84
20-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Alexis at center forward just can't happen. He is only good on the right and honestly you can find good right sided attackers for less than him. Not sure what the solution is for him because he is an idiot instinctive footballer but I would like to see Özil or Ramsey/Wilshere out wide to give more CM support.

Wenger is washed and we have known that for a good 5 years.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2016, 09:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6WqFsHhl2Q

DT :bow:

This guy seems drawn to thuggishness like a moth to a flame, which is really bizarre as he's not in anyway a thug and has the soul of a poet

milla
20-08-2016, 09:21 PM
Wumger is under estimating the fans and their dissatisfaction. At this rate, the situation will be so toxic and it would be bad for the team as well. I have a bad feeling that Wenger will not last this season, he would be forced out. Either by the fans or bad results. :coffee:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-08-2016, 09:23 PM
The soul of a poet? Hey? :d

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Alexis at center forward just can't happen. He is only good on the right and honestly you can find good right sided attackers for less than him. Not sure what the solution is for him because he is an idiot instinctive footballer but I would like to see Özil or Ramsey/Wilshere out wide to give more CM support.

Look on the positive side. Playing him up front has saved the club money. Yes, there are a few minor negatives. Primarily, despite potentially being our Suarez, he's not a striker. And we've taken him out of his natural position to plug yet another square peg into a round hole. But you can't break an egg without spilling little bit milk, unless it is a quality egg with rhythm and has a good resale value.

Alpha
20-08-2016, 09:28 PM

I remember when RVP started playing as a CF . He was awful like a conference league striker. But the next season he was lethal and all defenders were scared of him. Give Alexis time to adjust and he Will terrorise defense soon.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Wumger is under estimating the fans and their dissatisfaction. At this rate, the situation will be so toxic and it would be bad for the team as well. I have a bad feeling that Wenger will not last this season, he would be forced out. Either by the fans or bad results. :coffee:

He will be here next season

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2016, 09:32 PM
I remember when RVP started playing as a CF . He was awful like a conference league striker. But the next season he was lethal and all defenders were scared of him. Give Alexis time to adjust and he Will terrorise defense soon.

I remember that, i also remember Van Persie being a 21 year old who is more adaptable to a less familiar position.......and us having Thierry Henry so being able to afford to give Van Persie time to adapt

Munchies
20-08-2016, 09:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sELqqNZB8s

Blud fam blud :bow:

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2016, 09:40 PM
I remember that, i also remember Van Persie being a 21 year old who is more adaptable to a less familiar position.......and us having Thierry Henry so being able to afford to give Van Persie time to adapt

And having a much better team that could get the ball to the striker, rather than tipping it left, tipping it right, passing it back, standing around. There's no comparison whatsoever, not a single similarity could be drawn. What we need is Alexis linking up with the striker we've been missing since RvC left. But the idiot in charge won't do anything about that because he's too busy trying to ensure the clerical workers and executives get paid. That's his job now, making sure 600 people get their paycheques. This is a man who lost the plot years ago and has been steadily walking away from it every since. In terms of being spaced out only the Voyager probes are more disconnected from this planet.

mastermind84
20-08-2016, 09:56 PM
Van Persie was 21-22 and a much more intelligent footballer than Sanchez. Let's not play this game.

Alexis doesn't even make runs behind the defense.

AFC Leveller
20-08-2016, 10:07 PM
So we drop points but it is not the manager's fault, it is because:

We have 600 employees to pay
Have great spirit
Fans are highly influenced by the media

Power n Glory
20-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Van Persie was 21-22 and a much more intelligent footballer than Sanchez. Let's not play this game.

Alexis doesn't even make runs behind the defense.

RVP started playing as a lone striker quite late in his career. After Ade left.

Özim
20-08-2016, 11:24 PM

How about, no let's not give him time to adjust, he'll be 28 in December, is at his best when played wide and will be gone next summer. Let's sign a bloody striker FFS, a striker we've needed since 2012, no more square pegs in round holes!!!

Wenger is an absolute plank for not having done so already, he's had literally years and his excuses are total BS!

Özim
20-08-2016, 11:29 PM
Wenger:

"I’m a bit fed up to always respond to the same things. We analyse absolutely everything and after we have to make the right decision – it’s what we did historically"

He's fed up, really, we're fed up with his BS and him not doing his job properly and have been for years!

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2016, 11:46 PM
So we drop points but it is not the manager's fault, it is because:

We have 600 employees to pay
Have great spirit
Fans are highly influenced by the media

How many employees have you paid in your career as a football manager :sulk:

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2016, 11:48 PM
And we've only dropped 5 points from 6. We should judge him after we've dropped a few more points.

Ralpheroo72
20-08-2016, 11:58 PM
Unbeaten run :trophy:

Marc Overmars
21-08-2016, 12:11 AM
Didn't see the game and I don't really care. Another season begins and as usual we are not fit for purpose.

Meh.

adzzzbatch
21-08-2016, 12:18 AM
How many employees have you paid in your career as a football manager :sulk:

:lol:

fakeyank
21-08-2016, 04:18 AM

To the people who are too sensitive about how this fuck is hounded out of this club, you still think he deserves out of this club with respect? I dislike the fuck and it will absolutely need to get ugly before his butt buddies (the board) will take any action to remove him.

Munchies
21-08-2016, 05:54 AM
To the people who are too sensitive about how this fuck is hounded out of this club, you still think he deserves out of this club with respect? I dislike the fuck and it will absolutely need to get ugly before his butt buddies (the board) will take any action to remove him.

If he cares so much about their salaries, why doesn't he reduce his own?

Marc Overmars
21-08-2016, 05:59 AM
Bizarre comments from WUMger. He's cracking up.

alexander
21-08-2016, 06:50 AM
Listen to this fool. 10 years later... "It's just 2 games, it's just 2 games..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_iCZ-D3MTo

How can he still believe? I could understand if we had gone 1-3 poor seasons, but we are well into a decade of shite now. FA cup wins aside, its just been so poor and predictable.

We need the manager out.

Chippy
21-08-2016, 08:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sELqqNZB8s

Blud fam blud :bow:
Do we have a translator on Goonersweb? :haha:

Gooner23
21-08-2016, 08:32 AM
So apparently us fans only want new players because we're influenced by the media.

Not because we can see on the pitch that Holding is a raw 20 year old learning his trade, and Alexis isn't working as a striker. And that we've failed to strengthen key areas consistently for season after season whilst leaving funds in the bank.

He's patronising and arrogant. I pretty much have zero respect for him these days. Why should I when he holds the fans in such low regard.

AFC Leveller
21-08-2016, 08:33 AM
I still dont understand why we spent 33m + wages on Xaka when we are skint (apparently) and need the resources spent elsewhere! we already have Elmo, Ramsay, Jack, Coquelin and Santi FFS. the extra 33m could have been either invested on a CB or a proper striker we desperately need.

Power n Glory
21-08-2016, 08:40 AM
I still dont understand why we spent 33m + wages on Xaka when we are skint (apparently) and need the resources spent elsewhere! we already have Elmo, Ramsay, Jack, Coquelin and Santi FFS. the extra 33m could have been either invested on a CB or a proper striker we desperately need.

Exactly.

Özim
21-08-2016, 08:41 AM

Same reason we went years without a proper DM, then discovered Coquelin through some fluke and then sign another two in 6 months, total and utter stupidity.

Power n Glory
21-08-2016, 08:41 AM
We won't be buying a defender. Rob Holding is our new CB as suspected.

Munchies
21-08-2016, 09:10 AM
So apparently us fans only want new players because we're influenced by the media.

Not because we can see on the pitch that Holding is a raw 20 year old learning his trade, and Alexis isn't working as a striker. And that we've failed to strengthen key areas consistently for season after season whilst leaving funds in the bank.

He's patronising and arrogant. I pretty much have zero respect for him these days. Why should I when he holds the fans in such low regard.

I genuinely thought he was clueless and incompetent before, now I also think he's a massive cunt. We're customers to him and the board. His own salary going up isn't anyones worry, fans asking some rightful questions on the team and he gets defensive. Fuck him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2016, 09:15 AM

It's interesting though how he's back tracked, because even after he'd signed rob holding he was clear that Arsenal needed a centre back. But because he can't get one at a price he considers reasonable that has to be forgotten about.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Fans actually don't care how much money is spent, we care about genuine quality to reinforce the squad we just recognise that, that costs money.

Does Wenger seem to think that if he'd got players in at a discount but that they were players that would improve the squad that we would be complaining?. I don't care if a player costs ten million or fourty million I care that, that player is good enough to make us competitive....I just recognise that the better player is going to come with a higher price tag that's how the market place works.

Gooner23
21-08-2016, 09:25 AM
Exactly that. It's unbelievable how out of touch he is.

Globalgunner
21-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Exactly that. It's unbelievable how out of touch he is.

Nah. He is in touch with his inner self, his needs and that of the no ambition owner. Trophies are things that other teams struggle for and we Arsenal may someday luck upon. The business model at Arsenal is to pretend to compete while spending the absolute minimum possible....and keep Wenger from the devastation of retirement.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2016, 11:00 AM
There is no question that it's daft of people saying it's all Wengers fault, yes he has been the one who has pussied out of the transfer market, he's the one who has not prepared the squad properly for the season and he's the one responsible for one point out of six from our opening two games....and yes we know Wenger has unprecedented responsibility but he is still an employee.

For me the buck stops at the top, if an employee is underperforming and the management structure have done nothing to address it than its the management structure ultimately responsible. The board are contemptible cowards who have allowed this man to become a pastiche of himself, giving the excuse that "Arsene is a stubborn man it's hard to convince him", you don't need to convince him force it on him, I don't remember Wenger threatening to resign when Gazidis brought in Shad Forsythe and Wim Jonker without consulting Wenger....that's because Wenger is stubborn but he's non confrontational he only gets away with what he's allowed to get away with.

AFC Leveller
21-08-2016, 11:09 AM
I have never heard a football manager at a top club talking about how he worries more about paying the 600 employees than anything else.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2016, 11:35 AM
I have never heard a football manager at a top club talking about how he worries more about paying the 600 employees than anything else.

Also never forget, there is a drain in the car park that consistently overflows. This drain will not repair itself. It will take money to repair it. Do we spend that money on transfers instead?

Power n Glory
21-08-2016, 11:53 AM
There is no question that it's daft of people saying it's all Wengers fault, yes he has been the one who has pussied out of the transfer market, he's the one who has not prepared the squad properly for the season and he's the one responsible for one point out of six from our opening two games....and yes we know Wenger has unprecedented responsibility but he is still an employee.

For me the buck stops at the top, if an employee is underperforming and the management structure have done nothing to address it than its the management structure ultimately responsible. The board are contemptible cowards who have allowed this man to become a pastiche of himself, giving the excuse that "Arsene is a stubborn man it's hard to convince him", you don't need to convince him force it on him, I don't remember Wenger threatening to resign when Gazidis brought in Shad Forsythe and Wim Jonker without consulting Wenger....that's because Wenger is stubborn but he's non confrontational he only gets away with what he's allowed to get away with.

Force it on him? That's bad management. I wouldn't want the Board to go that way. They just need to allow him to fall on his own sword. If he's convinced Rob Holding is the answer, then they should hold him to it. If the kid has a bad season or hardly plays, they need to hold him accountable for his decision. I wouldn't want a structure where we force players onto the manager and then look to blame him if it doesn't work out. I wouldn't care so much in Wenger's case, but not if it sets a precedent for the future. Either way, I don't think anyone can really say for sure if Holding is a good or bad signing. They need to just let it play out and play that press conference back to him if we have defensive problems this year.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Force it on him? That's bad management. I wouldn't want the Board to go that way. They just need to allow him to fall on his own sword. If he's convinced Rob Holding is the answer, then they should hold him to it. If the kid has a bad season or hardly plays, they need to hold him accountable for his decision. I wouldn't want a structure where we force players onto the manager and then look to blame him if it doesn't work out. I wouldn't care so much in Wenger's case, but not if it sets a precedent for the future. Either way, I don't think anyone can really say for sure if Holding is a good or bad signing. They need to just let it play out and play that press conference back to him if we have defensive problems this year.

Yes, but if we go through the cycle again and Holding turns out to be less than we need (which would hardly be a surprise) then should we also wait for the next cheap option that follows to play out a season before we condemn the manager? Where's Sanogo? Some fans were furious when he arrived, others said give him a chance. The inevitable transpired. Wenger does this endlessly and he should be judged harshly on his catalogue of failure. Yes of course we give the player a chance, but I think Wenger's chances have all been used up. I hope Holding comes through to be a top player, but I also say fuck you Wenger for going the cheapskate route again.

Globalgunner
21-08-2016, 12:00 PM

You always engage in deflection rather than realism. What does it take for you to realise that Arsenal have no board, Not in the true sense of it. The management structure at Arsenal is 2 step. Kroenke on top, Wenger directly below him. Trying to blame the board is something you and sometimes Letters always engage in. Thats why some say you have Wenger leanings. You need to see your way clear before you can see the source of the problem and the route to the solution.
Chips and co are just seats in a board room that might as well be a cigar smoking club. There is no board. The same board that has come out to state, that they only do what Wenger wants and when he wants nothing, they do nothing. Wenger talks directly to Kroenke and Gazidis does the jobs that Wenger doesnt want to do like paying the Mortgage bills and maybe the unplugging the toilets after every home game with the Spuds.

Power n Glory
21-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Yes, but if we go through the cycle again and Holding turns out to be less than we need (which would hardly be a surprise) then should we also wait for the next cheap option that follows to play out a season before we condemn the manager? Where's Sanogo? Some fans were furious when he arrived, others said give him a chance. The inevitable transpired. Wenger does this endlessly and he should be judged harshly on his catalogue of failure. Yes of course we give the player a chance, but I think Wenger's chances have all been used up. I hope Holding comes through to be a top player, but I also say fuck you Wenger for going the cheapskate route again.

If the Board are having to step in to force Wenger's hand, it's a deeper problem because we'll only arrive at the sake problems in the next transfer window and they'll have to do the same. They have to let him go if that's the case and they're having to force him to see sense.

The season when Wenger said the same rubbish about Sanogo not being rated because he didn't have a £50m price tag, we did a deadline deal for Danny Welbeck. What if that deal was forced on him? What if scouts came up with the Xhaka signing using Stating? I heard Gabriel had good stats as well. What if he was a suggestion and forced on Wenger? The thing is we don't know what signings the Board have had to lean on him for and what they've left up to him. We all suspect Gazidis had to convince Wenger to sigh Arshavin and that panic buy for Arteta, Merts and Park. They just need to fund the balls to get rid of him if we're at this point.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2016, 12:50 PM
You always engage in deflection rather than realism. What does it take for you to realise that Arsenal have no board, Not in the true sense of it. The management structure at Arsenal is 2 step. Kroenke on top, Wenger directly below him. Trying to blame the board is something you and sometimes Letters always engage in. Thats why some say you have Wenger leanings. You need to see your way clear before you can see the source of the problem and the route to the solution.
Chips and co are just seats in a board room that might as well be a cigar smoking club. There is no board. The same board that has come out to state, that they only do what Wenger wants and when he wants nothing, they do nothing. Wenger talks directly to Kroenke and Gazidis does the jobs that Wenger doesnt want to do like paying the Mortgage bills and maybe the unplugging the toilets after every home game with the Spuds.

Some say? :haha: you mean you say.

I am under no illusion that there is no tangible hierarchy at the club and that's my point, but fact remains that Wenger is an employee he serves at someone's pleasure be it the board or de facto the majority shareholder. And ultimately if he is not performing it's incumbent on those in charge to directly intervene and either dispense with his services or at least insist upon him that his current job performance is not acceptable.
Whether that takes direct intervention in terms of transfers P n G is irrelevant, the fact remains either they are happy with how he's doing his job or don't care enough to do anything about it ergo they are 100% responsible.

Globalgunner
21-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Some say? :haha: you mean you say.

I am under no illusion that there is no tangible hierarchy at the club and that's my point, but fact remains that Wenger is an employee he serves at someone's pleasure be it the board or de facto the majority shareholder. And ultimately if he is not performing it's incumbent on those in charge to directly intervene and either dispense with his services or at least insist upon him that his current job performance is not acceptable.
Whether that takes direct intervention in terms of transfers P n G is irrelevant, the fact remains either they are happy with how he's doing his job or don't care enough to do anything about it ergo they are 100% responsible.

The situation at Arsenal is pretty clear, to me at least. The board has no authority, they exist only to make pretend at being in charge, It is much the same at Chelsea. The buck stops with the owner. As a board member of a limited liability company you only really have a say in the running of that company if you have shares, No shares means no say. The difference at Chelsea is that the owner, Abramovic really really wants his club to win things and spends his and the clubs money to further that aim. Also, no manager at Chelsea has anything like the authority like Wenger has acrrued over these years.
A similar analogy would be if your brother owned a company and made you the CEO, however he has told all senior management to call him if they have issues with you. You will find yourself blindsided and ignored repeatedly.
This is what we have to contend with at Arsenal. The worst you can accuse the muppets currently on the board of being is serial neglect, taking money for doing next to noithing.
Wenger has sized up the situation quite succinctly. He only has to keep in the good graces of Kroenke and he literally has a job for life. Truth is, every time you try to give Wenger the benefit of the dioubt, he comes out in a short while to confirm by himself everything you suspected against him.
The current board are hostages to greed, The old board sold out big time PHW`s father and grandfather were both former chairmen. Did he have no sons or was the money simply too much to refuse.

mastermind84
21-08-2016, 01:42 PM
RVP started playing as a lone striker quite late in his career. After Ade left.

I meant 21-22 as a central forward.

26 at lone striker.

Doesn't change that Van Persie was a much more intelligent player than Sanchez. Sanchez's brain is his problem imo.

Globalgunner
21-08-2016, 01:50 PM

26 at lone striker.

Doesn't change that Van Persie was a much more intelligent player than Sanchez. Sanchez's brain is his problem imo.

Being in the same team as Walcott will reduce your IQ without a doubt.

mastermind84
21-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Being in the same team as Walcott will reduce your IQ without a doubt.
It's Alexis on his own. He is an instinctual street footballer who doesn't process situations fast enough. Great talent but he is not coachable.

Pass distribution chart while Xhaka was on the pitch. We were a lot more even in ball distribution than last week.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqX66D7WEAAGQOD?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/767295491851821056

This is from last week

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp-hhiYXYAAdHOB?format=jpg&name=large
https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/765508404043456512

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2016, 02:17 PM
The situation at Arsenal is pretty clear, to me at least. The board has no authority, they exist only to make pretend at being in charge, It is much the same at Chelsea. The buck stops with the owner. As a board member of a limited liability company you only really have a say in the running of that company if you have shares, No shares means no say. The difference at Chelsea is that the owner, Abramovic really really wants his club to win things and spends his and the clubs money to further that aim. Also, no manager at Chelsea has anything like the authority like Wenger has acrrued over these years.
A similar analogy would be if your brother owned a company and made you the CEO, however he has told all senior management to call him if they have issues with you. You will find yourself blindsided and ignored repeatedly.
This is what we have to contend with at Arsenal. The worst you can accuse the muppets currently on the board of being is serial neglect, taking money for doing next to noithing.
Wenger has sized up the situation quite succinctly. He only has to keep in the good graces of Kroenke and he literally has a job for life. Truth is, every time you try to give Wenger the benefit of the dioubt, he comes out in a short while to confirm by himself everything you suspected against him.
The current board are hostages to greed, The old board sold out big time PHW`s father and grandfather were both former chairmen. Did he have no sons or was the money simply too much to refuse.

So when Wenger is still here at the start of next season, whose fault will it be?.....the argument over who is at charge at Arsenal is irrelevant, the fact is someone is and that someone is responsible for Wenger not doing his job. For what it's worth i agree it is the Majority share holder that calls the shots, Wenger won't have received a contract extension in 2014 had it not been countenanced by Enos and he will receive another contract extension regardless of where we finish because Enos is happy with the job he's doing. Enos is the man keeping Wenger in a job, ergo it's his fault

Power n Glory
21-08-2016, 02:18 PM

26 at lone striker.

A player holding on to the ball too long or trying to do more doesn't constitute a lack of intelligence. That could just be a player lacking patience and faith in his teammates to do something meaningful with the ball. I'd have to see more consistent flaws in his game to draw that sort of conclusion. When he arrives in the box at the right moment to score or plays a well timed pass, nobody questions his intelligence. I can't draw any firm conclusions about Sanchez up front until he's given a run of games. RVP was a selfish player at times and didn't hit the ground running when he first started there.

Power n Glory
21-08-2016, 02:26 PM
It's Alexis on his own. He is an instinctual street footballer who doesn't process situations fast enough. Great talent but he is not coachable.

You say that because he's South American. It's stereotypical and I hardly ever hear people question the intelligence of players like Hazard or Robben.

mastermind84
21-08-2016, 02:32 PM
You say that because he's South American. It's stereotypical and I hardly ever hear people question the intelligence of players like Hazard or Robben.

Hazard and Robben don't play like Alexis. Nothing to do with where he is from. Notice I don't say that about Neymar. I don't say that about Suarez. I don't say it about Agüero. I don't say that about many South Americans. Only Alex's because that's how he plays. He plays on instinct and is often unsure of what the next move is. He also don't play within a structure unless he the main man. His best form at Arsenal was when he was the only healthy first team attacked. He would still be at Barcelona if he was coachable and didn't play on instinct. Don't insinuate I'm being prejudiced on my views of south american attackers. I'm only talking about what I see of Alexis. He don't make runs behind the defense. He drops too deep to collect when he doesn't need too. He runs a lot, but it's not organized and he runs to the ball too much and tries to beat several guys when al he needs to do is beat one and make a pass.

Also, Wenger called him a street footballer several times.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2016, 03:05 PM
Those charts show clearly why Wenger chased Xhaka and why he was prepared to open "his" wallet, regardless of the fears of the 600 employees. The only problem with this nice new arrangement is it's as ineffective as all the others. Controlling possession does not win games, every counter-attacking team on the planet knows that. Sticking the ball in the net wins games and you can't do that if you have a system that lacks penetrative movement and pace. Well you can, if you have very, very good players all over the pitch who are markedly superior to the opponent. And if you have an opponent that is interested in playing rather than preventing football. And if you have a referee that is prepared to uphold the laws of the game. Basically you need conditions that are the reverse of what's available in the PL. Wenger has built a team that is perfectly unsuited to the league we are playing in. When you watch us play (if you can bear it) we are static for 90% of the time. The passes get pinged around between static players and this is so easy to defend against. We constantly probe, but at a low tempo. So opportunities to penetrate are few and far between. Because we play such a complex and slow paced game we need absolute precision when the rare opportunities arrive .But the vast majority of the time we lack that precision, and so we lose the ball. It really is pathetic to watch. Embarrassing.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2016, 03:11 PM
And as for Alexis, underneath he must be furious at the shit show he has found himself embroiled in. I agree, he's an instinctive player. But I absolutely disagree that this suggests he's not an intelligent player. Rapid bursts of energy, decisive movement, pace, opportunism, these are his hallmarks. If he set out to pick a team that is most incompatible with what he brings then he couldn't have done better than Arsenal. We have wasted this player. Much like we have wasted Ozil. Prime ingredients thrown into a shit stew in the hope they can magically transform the recipe. Wenger is beyond clueless. And yes, I know he's has 20 years dealing with every sort of footballing matter imaginable. I don't question his experience, I question how he uses that experience. It's shocking how inept he is.

mastermind84
21-08-2016, 03:21 PM
We watch Alexis play and clearly see he is best as a right attacker.

Alexis thinks his best position is on the left.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/arsenal-star-alexis-sanchez-my-favourite-position-out-left-1474610

He not smart. And it's becoming clear he not that fast over longer distances. (He is very quick over short distances and has great acceleration)

His movement ain't that good and he doesn't anticipate moves well.

Globalgunner
21-08-2016, 03:45 PM
We watch Alexis play and clearly see he is best as a right attacker.

Alexis thinks his best position is on the left.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/arsenal-star-alexis-sanchez-my-favourite-position-out-left-1474610

He not smart. And it's becoming clear he not that fast over longer distances. (He is very quick over short distances and has great acceleration)

His movement ain't that good and he doesn't anticipate moves well.

Obviously he is shit. Winning the golden ball and best player at the last Copa america notwithstanding. We should sell him and put Walcott up front.

mastermind84
21-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Obviously he is shit. Winning the golden ball and best player at the last Copa america notwithstanding. We should sell him and put Walcott up front.
I never called him shit, tbf.

World class talent with a 10 cent brain is more apt.

Power n Glory
21-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Those charts show clearly why Wenger chased Xhaka and why he was prepared to open "his" wallet, regardless of the fears of the 600 employees. The only problem with this nice new arrangement is it's as ineffective as all the others. Controlling possession does not win games, every counter-attacking team on the planet knows that. Sticking the ball in the net wins games and you can't do that if you have a system that lacks penetrative movement and pace. Well you can, if you have very, very good players all over the pitch who are markedly superior to the opponent. And if you have an opponent that is interested in playing rather than preventing football. And if you have a referee that is prepared to uphold the laws of the game. Basically you need conditions that are the reverse of what's available in the PL. Wenger has built a team that is perfectly unsuited to the league we are playing in. When you watch us play (if you can bear it) we are static for 90% of the time. The passes get pinged around between static players and this is so easy to defend against. We constantly probe, but at a low tempo. So opportunities to penetrate are few and far between. Because we play such a complex and slow paced game we need absolute precision when the rare opportunities arrive .But the vast majority of the time we lack that precision, and so we lose the ball. It really is pathetic to watch. Embarrassing.

It looked like Leicester created the best chances. It's a pointless signing if it's not going to make a major difference.

mastermind84
21-08-2016, 06:10 PM
Of course he won't make all the difference. All the attacking players sucked and Santi was too far forward. No idea why Bellerin and Theo were on the same spot.

Clearly need an attacker with better movement.

Power n Glory
21-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Of course he won't make all the difference. All the attacking players sucked and Santi was too far forward. No idea why Bellerin and Theo were on the same spot.

Clearly need an attacker with better movement.

We've always known we've needed better attackers and movement. That was obvious after signing Ozil. We need to hope something clicks with this team and we were lucky not to lose that one. Vardy had a good chance on goal after Xhaka had the ball pinched off his toes and they should have had a penalty at the end. We beat this team twice last season and dominated possession in both ties. Charts on how our distribution looks more even is pretty irrelevant considering we drew and hardly created clear cut chances.

Distribution may have looked better compared to what we saw at Liverpool but the last time we faced Klopp's team we drew 3-3 and they held 60% of possession. We'll have to see how we cope against different set ups and do some tweaking of our own. But if we need more movement up front, Giroud is definitely not the man for that. We're going to end back at square one hence why I think we need to have some patience with Sanchez or Walcott up front if you think Xhaka needs that for his game to thrive.

Özim
21-08-2016, 07:34 PM
It looked like Leicester created the best chances. It's a pointless signing if it's not going to make a major difference.

Leicester should have had all 3 points with the penalty they should have had, we got lucky and luckily for Wenger he has a much easier game next weekend, he can come out and gloat after we've won that ignoring everything that's taken place before just like he always does.

We didn't a DM though, we had Elneny and Coquelin, it's a luxury signing when we're desperate for players up front and in central defence, typical of LeClown though.

adzzzbatch
21-08-2016, 07:42 PM

I don't trust Wenger to get the best out of any player.

Power n Glory
21-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Leicester should have had all 3 points with the penalty they should have had, we got lucky and luckily for Wenger he has a much easier game next weekend, he can come out and gloat after we've won that ignoring everything that's taken place before just like he always does.

We didn't a DM though, we had Elneny and Coquelin, it's a luxury signing when we're desperate for players up front and in central defence, typical of LeClown though.

He's supposed to be a CM but he seems too similar to what we already have. If he were a box to box type that could dribble and power through the middle, I'd understand the signing. But another player that's main weapon is his passing just isn't enough from. The looks of it.

selassie
22-08-2016, 11:32 AM
I don't trust Wenger to get the best out of any player.

Neither do I, the system is a mess, happens at the start of every season where he spends the first 10/12 games basically trying to shoehorn in players in any position possible, he'll stumble across a formation that works at some point, he always does.

selassie
22-08-2016, 11:35 AM
He's supposed to be a CM but he seems too similar to what we already have. If he were a box to box type that could dribble and power through the middle, I'd understand the signing. But another player that's main weapon is his passing just isn't enough from. The looks of it.

Yeah this is what worries me about Xhaka too, he looks neat and tidy but don't we have enough of those type players? I really don't fully understand this signing at the moment. Wouldn't someone like Kante have been a more suitable signing for us? I dunno...Wenger just seems to collect players he likes and not buy players what the TEAM actually NEEDS.

Özim
22-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Yeah this is what worries me about Xhaka too, he looks neat and tidy but don't we have enough of those type players? I really don't fully understand this signing at the moment. Wouldn't someone like Kante have been a more suitable signing for us? I dunno...Wenger just seems to collect players he likes and not buy players what the TEAM actually NEEDS.

Wenger has got some sort of weird obssession with midfielders who pass and tap the ball 5 yards, we're loaded with them and lack players in other areas and yet the guy continues to sign the same type of player, odd man.

mastermind84
22-08-2016, 01:28 PM
we did. Xhaka adds verticality to the passing. He showed it on Saturday. Vertical passing has been something this midfield has lacked for a long time. I dont understand how it was a luxury signing, lol.

we just saw an improvement in our passing in his first start, and you lot think he is similar. I dont know what matches you guys watch sometimes.

the problem with this team is our forward line. And im going to put it out there, all of them are at fault. Alexis, Theo, whomever on the left.

selassie
22-08-2016, 01:30 PM
we did. Xhaka adds verticality to the passing. He showed it on Saturday. Vertical passing has been something this midfield has lacked for a long time. I dont understand how it was a luxury signing, lol.

we just saw an improvement in our passing in his first start, and you lot think he is similar. I dont know what matches you guys watch sometimes.

the problem with this team is our forward line. And im going to put it out there, all of them are at fault. Alexis, Theo, whomever on the left.

Or the problem is we don't actually have a striker?

Square peg in round hole solutions, what's the point? It's totally nuts that we still haven't addressed the Centre forward position. Just buy a f*cking Striker Wenger!!!

Power n Glory
22-08-2016, 01:48 PM

Did we have a problem with our passing last season against Leicester City? We beat them twice last season and dominated possession on both occasions. What problem has he solved considering we drew that game and created little?

When he played the first half against City, we struggled badly until Elneny came on. Against better and more aggressive opposition, he might not have played so well. That's my worry.

Özim
22-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Did we have a problem with our passing last season against Leicester City? We beat them twice last season and dominated possession on both occasions. What problem has he solved considering we drew that game and created little?

When he played the first half against City, we struggled badly until Elneny came on. Against better and more aggressive opposition, he might not have played so well. That's my worry.

Precisely, we beat them twice last season, once 5-2 without Xhaka, yet with him we draw 0-0. Xhaka doesn't bring anything we actually really needed, we should have bought a more dynamic midfielder willing to make penetrating runs at defences.

Özim
22-08-2016, 02:13 PM

Right and how has that helped, did we beat Leicester cos we did last season, comfortably in fact with the same squad other than Xhaka (amd holding).

mastermind84
22-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Or the problem is we don't actually have a striker?

Square peg in round hole solutions, what's the point? It's totally nuts that we still haven't addressed the Centre forward position. Just buy a f*cking Striker Wenger!!!
im mad at Wenger too, but saying that Xhaka was a luxury signing is madness.

He is a midfielder we needed for ages. Give him time to settle. I reckon he will kick it up by October because his quality is absolutely abundant.

One, you value preseason more than you should. We didnt struggle in that match that first half, and created a bunch of chances. I dont think Xhaka played well in that preseason match, but we should have been up a couple of goals in that game. IIRC, you used the second half of that match to show Alexis can play CF when he has gone out in 2 games since and shown he isnt suited for it. You want to give Alexis the chance to show something while casting aside Xhaka? It doesnt make sense.

Next up, what does Leicester last season have to do with this season? IIRC, Ozil started both matches. He didnt start yesterday.

Also, everyone dominated possession against Leicester last season. THat was their style of play. WE dominated possession Saturday as well, as they are still going with the same style. If I told you we had more shots (13-8), more shots on goal (4-1), and more passes (450-256) than Leicester did you would probably think I was talking out my ass.

Precisely, we beat them twice last season, once 5-2 without Xhaka, yet with him we draw 0-0. Xhaka doesn't bring anything we actually really needed, we should have bought a more dynamic midfielder willing to make penetrating runs at defences.
until you complain about Arsenal passing it in a ushape and not playing long passes.

What Arsenal needs is better forward play. That has been the problem with this team for some time. That and we have a flabby and sick manager.

Power n Glory
22-08-2016, 07:58 PM
im mad at Wenger too, but saying that Xhaka was a luxury signing is madness.

He is a midfielder we needed for ages. Give him time to settle. I reckon he will kick it up by October because his quality is absolutely abundant.

One, you value preseason more than you should. We didnt struggle in that match that first half, and created a bunch of chances. I dont think Xhaka played well in that preseason match, but we should have been up a couple of goals in that game. IIRC, you used the second half of that match to show Alexis can play CF when he has gone out in 2 games since and shown he isnt suited for it. You want to give Alexis the chance to show something while casting aside Xhaka? It doesnt make sense.

Next up, what does Leicester last season have to do with this season? IIRC, Ozil started both matches. He didnt start yesterday.

Also, everyone dominated possession against Leicester last season. THat was their style of play. WE dominated possession Saturday as well, as they are still going with the same style. If I told you we had more shots (13-8), more shots on goal (4-1), and more passes (450-256) than Leicester did you would probably think I was talking out my ass.

until you complain about Arsenal passing it in a ushape and not playing long passes.

What Arsenal needs is better forward play. That has been the problem with this team for some time. That and we have a flabby and sick manager.

Xhaka could turn out to be an excellent player but it's the staunch defence and argument you put up about him being essential that I really disagree with. If he's another player that is dependent on a missing component from our team to shine, he's not essential. We had this same problem with Ozil. We still need a striker for these guys to be influential and since that was the case last season when we had Ozil, Xhaka really wasn't an essential purchase. If we don't sign a striker or if the movement doesn't improve, what's the assessment on Xhaka? Was he still essential? I hope his passing can influence our forwards to make better runs and not have a case where he needs others to be influential.

Also, I'm being patient with Sanchez because what choice do we have? Is Xhaka more like to thrive of a his movement or the static and slow movement of Giroud? I also, I think the striker position is one where the player has to learn the pattern of the team and for years we've played with a target man in Giroud. It will take more than 2 games for us to find our rhythm. I think we'd have the same adjustment period even if we signed a new striker.

As for stats, Xhaka created only 1 chance and completed 58/73 passes. 79%.That's not that impressive but stats don't tell the whole story. Either way, I wouldn't hold that Leicester game up as a reason why we needed Xhaka.

Power n Glory
22-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Some interesting stats.

Tackles won
Coquelin 5/6
Monreal 4/4
Theo 3/3 :lol: He had 4/6 against Liverpool. He's trying to prove to Wenger he can defend. :lol:

Chances created
Alexis - 3
Bellerin -2
Cazorla - 0 - That's a pretty shocking for Santi. Way too hit and miss.