PDA

View Full Version : PSG vs Arsenal. 13th Sept. 19:45

Pages : [1] 2

Marc Overmars
11-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Looking forward to this one. Been wanting us to play PSG for a few seasons now.

Reckon Giroud will start, can't see Wenger experimenting up top against an opponent like this.

Alpha
11-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Very tough game to predict . Arsenal hardly lose to french teams . But the team seem not to click yet . PSG is on another planete . They are different to Lyon and Marseille but they have lost some of their top players . My heart says Draw but my head says Loss .
I am going to follow my heart :

1-1

Xhaka Can’t
11-09-2016, 10:56 PM
A draw would suit us and put us in a reasonable position for a top 2 slot in this group. But it is what comes after the group stage that counts so I can't feel any optimism until we overcome that hurdle.

LDG
12-09-2016, 04:08 AM
Very tough game to predict . Arsenal hardly lose to french teams . But the team seem not to click yet . PSG is on another planete . They are different to Lyon and Marseille but they have lost some of their top players . My heart says Draw but my head says Loss .
I am going to follow my heart :

1-1

It hasn't clicked for nearly a whole calendar year.

Bless your eternal optimism.

GP
12-09-2016, 05:30 AM
0-4

Letters
12-09-2016, 08:25 AM
0-4

I didn't know we were at home.
#WengerOut
#NQ

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-09-2016, 09:27 AM
On one hand we have never lost to French opposistion in France in the Champions league

On the other hand in the last twenty years or so we have tended to meet with disappointment from trips to Paris (Real Zaragossa and Barcelona).

Last time we played PSG in Paris it was a 1-1 draw (Kevin Campbell got our goal if I remember). I have a feeling will be score draw this time as well.

Letters
12-09-2016, 09:41 AM
On one hand we have never lost to French opposistion in France in the Champions league.

I never really understand these sorts of stats because when you look in to them you realise that actually it's not that many games and generally over such a long period of time it's not really relevant to how we might do tomorrow.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-09-2016, 10:20 AM
I never really understand these sorts of stats because when you look in to them you realise that actually it's not that many games and generally over such a long period of time it's not really relevant to how we might do tomorrow.

But that's like most statistics

Anyway it is still a thing, Auxerre, Marseille (x2), Montpellier, Lens, Lyon...six previous trips to France against French opposition 5 wins and 1 draw. It's never indicative of how we will do, because records are always there to be broken.

PSG only drawing with St Etienne and then previously losing to Monaco and seemingly lacking a goal outlet without Ibra are stronger indicators of the kind of team we are up against.

If we play better than we did Saturday (which wouldn't be difficult) and defend well....have a reasonable chance of winning let alone drawing.

GP
12-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Kos is a doubt for this one.

selassie
12-09-2016, 11:13 AM
Kos is a doubt for this one.

Damn, we need him for this.

I'm going to predict a 2-2 draw tomorrow, would be a good result for us TBF.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Damn, we need him for this.

I'm going to predict a 2-2 draw tomorrow, would be a good result for us TBF.

In Europe, i am more confident of us getting a result away from home than at home....our home record is absolutely wretched especially against the big sides

7 defeats in last 17 home games at the Emirates, especially compared to only one defeat in previous 33.

selassie
12-09-2016, 12:28 PM
In Europe, i am more confident of us getting a result away from home than at home....our home record is absolutely wretched especially against the big sides

7 defeats in last 17 home games at the Emirates, especially compared to only one defeat in previous 33.

Aye, I'm surprisingly confident about us in CL, especially in the group stages. I think we'll do OK tomorrow, we are going to have to play well to get a good result and I think that will work in our favour as the mentality should be right from the kick off.

Goonermerree
12-09-2016, 12:57 PM
I'm not surprised Kos is a doubt, his head is probably still ringing and he probably can't open his right eye.

Power n Glory
12-09-2016, 01:26 PM
I hope Giroud doesn't start. We need to get Perez up to speed quickly.

Niall_Quinn
12-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Poor old Perez must already be perplexed. He was fairly disciplined in his role on Saturday. His loss. Any Arsenal striker that doesn't come back to get the ball from the tip, tap brigade is on a hiding to nothing and will be anonymous.

Alpha
12-09-2016, 06:47 PM
It hasn't clicked for nearly a whole calendar year.

Bless your eternal optimism.

A football game is always unpredictible . When you are winning games you can't tell when you are going to lose the next one and when you are losing it is hard to see when your winning days will start.
Our records against french teams and the way PSG and ourselves are currently playing make it easier to predict a draw .

Niall_Quinn
12-09-2016, 07:35 PM
Unpredictable? Arsenal? Wow, really?

Power n Glory
12-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Poor old Perez must already be perplexed. He was fairly disciplined in his role on Saturday. His loss. Any Arsenal striker that doesn't come back to get the ball from the tip, tap brigade is on a hiding to nothing and will be anonymous.

He wasn't really disciplined. He'd drift to wide positions and at one point Theo and Perez swapped roles. It may take a couple of games for people to learn how he moves.

Niall_Quinn
12-09-2016, 08:11 PM
He wasn't really disciplined. He'd drift to wide positions and at one point Theo and Perez swapped roles. It may take a couple of games for people to learn how he moves.

What I mean is he tried to play a striker's role. But that's a bit of a waste of time in this set up. Arsenal strikers do better in the centre circle, receiving the ball with back to goal. Or crossing to nobody in the box. Early days, he'll still have some normal habits from his old club.

fakeyank
12-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Going to miss this game

:dancingman:

Xhaka Can’t
12-09-2016, 08:47 PM
A football game is always unpredictible .

Yeah, fuck knows what will happen when we play Chelsea.

Kano
12-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Going to miss this game

3 points in the bag.

Marc Overmars
12-09-2016, 10:14 PM

I know what will happen.

Alpha
13-09-2016, 06:57 AM

Well, I will be laughing when you 'll be proven wrong on that Day as I know exactly what you are thinking about .

Alpha
13-09-2016, 07:00 AM
I know what will happen.

You are just assuming following some few past results . But believe me all days are never the same .

Marc Overmars
13-09-2016, 07:14 AM
You are just assuming following some few past results . But believe me all days are never the same .

We'll win.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:51 AM

Believe you, or examine the unfaltering evidence of the last 10 years?

That's one of those impossible choices.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:53 AM
We'll win.

I honestly don't care if we win because it doesn't make any difference. But it would be really fucking nice if we played well, so there's something worth watching for 90 mins. That would satisfy me.

selassie
13-09-2016, 08:36 AM

We can beat them but we won't.

Alpha
13-09-2016, 08:58 AM
We can beat them but we won't.

Big problem is we never gave ourselves any credit .

Alpha
13-09-2016, 09:00 AM
We'll win.

Why not ? We got some new players with a new spirit . Koscielny is also born again . Why not dream ?

Alpha
13-09-2016, 09:05 AM
Believe you, or examine the unfaltering evidence of the last 10 years?

That's one of those impossible choices.
My belief is nothing last for ever . Good or bad everything has an end . Back in the days we used to beat Chelsea at every encounter and one day our fortunes changed and they became our bogey team . That will change too and very soon .

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 09:14 AM
My belief is nothing last for ever . Good or bad everything has an end . Back in the days we used to beat Chelsea at every encounter and one day our fortunes changed and they became our bogey team . That will change too and very soon .

I agree. He can't go on for ever. But while he's here, nothing changes. I have no doubts at all that the club will take a giant leap forward once he's gone. We have good players here and with a smart guy at the helm who can use those players and motivate them I'm confident we can compete at the very top. But it won't be this season because the guy is going nowhere. Success this season will be somehow getting through it without him presenting himself with a new contract.

As for the individual matches, well yes, anything is possible. But the fun comes from building one success on top of another. You know all too well that if we play brilliantly and smash PSG this week, we'll be appalling next week. We never sustain anything. All momentum drives over a cliff as soon as it gathers pace. So for these games my only requirement is to be entertained. I'd like to see a decent game of football.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 09:15 AM
Going to miss this game

Why is that?....taking your gentleman lover to the Gaultier Show?

fakeyank
13-09-2016, 01:10 PM
Why is that?....taking your gentleman lover to the Gaultier Show?

All your posts deserve this video tbf..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcjIestFVOc

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 01:20 PM
All your posts deserve this video tbf..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcjIestFVOc

At least I take the time to construct my own insults and not defer to some painfully unfunny clip from some painfully unfunny Adam Sandler movie (which I accept is something of a tortological remark)

Kano
13-09-2016, 01:59 PM
You can only but cringe as this carries on and on.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 02:20 PM
You can only but cringe as this carries on and on.

To be fair this is being orchaestrated by one person only

That person being me.

The terrible thing is I have nothing against him (why would I, I don't know him from anyone here) but he made the get the get a room comment last week and since then I have made disparaging remarks about his sexuality to amuse myself.

I felt that in the interest of fairness I should make that point, rather than claim it to be a feud which it isn't.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 02:58 PM

That person being me.

The terrible thing is I have nothing against him (why would I, I don't know him from anyone here) but he made the get the get a room comment last week and since then I have made disparaging remarks about his sexuality to amuse myself.

I felt that in the interest of fairness I should make that point, rather than claim it to be a feud which it isn't.

I don't think you need to explain yourself to the biggest hypocrite on GW.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 02:59 PM
I don't think you need to explain yourself to the biggest hypocrite on GW.

I don't need to do anything in regards to this place full stop

But i wouldn't want anyone to think i am doing this for any other reason than to amuse myself, it's the rationale that dictates most of my actions in life.

fakeyank
13-09-2016, 03:18 PM

That person being me.

You are an idiot.

fakeyank
13-09-2016, 03:21 PM
At least I take the time to construct my own insults and not defer to some painfully unfunny clip from some painfully unfunny Adam Sandler movie (which I accept is something of a tortological remark)

To put any more effort into insulting you is frankly a waste of time and oxygen. That clip should do for now.

selassie
13-09-2016, 03:40 PM
http://img.michaeljacksonspictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/popcorn-blank.gif

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 03:50 PM
To put any more effort into insulting you is frankly a waste of time and oxygen. That clip should do for now.

The only insult i feel is your total lack of commitment.

Marc Overmars
13-09-2016, 03:59 PM
You 2 should get a room. :run:

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 04:09 PM
http://img.michaeljacksonspictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/popcorn-blank.gif

Go back to where you came from!

Munchies
13-09-2016, 05:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsQDdqJWgAE0Xt7.jpg

wtf

Maestro
13-09-2016, 05:41 PM

wtf

Well even I didn't expect that one from Wenger, don't know what to think of it tbh. There is certainly a haphazard approach to selecion

Two good things for me, 1. Giroud is not in the team and 2. Coquelin starts ....

Either way at least this will be fun to watch

alexander
13-09-2016, 05:42 PM

wtf

What's he thinking? Why not start Xhaka? he looked good at Watford!

I thought Saturday's selection was resting players for tonight.

I was wrong.

Awaits NQ meltdown.... (Understand on this one!)

Maestro
13-09-2016, 05:42 PM

wtf

No this can't be true, surely he's gone mad

Maestro
13-09-2016, 05:44 PM

wtf

Munchies, seriously stop fucking with people. Can you now post the actual line up please ...all jokes aside

Munchies
13-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Munchies, seriously stop fucking with people. Can you now post the actual line up please ...all jokes aside

:haha:

I wish I was joking!

I was so looking forward to this game, I was CONFIDENT.

Now I'm wondering if we'll even score a goal!

Maestro
13-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Well even I didn't expect that one from Wenger, don't know what to think of it tbh. There is certainly a haphazard approach to selecion

Two good things for me, 1. Giroud is not in the team and 2. Coquelin starts ....

Either way at least this will be fun to watch

Scratch the good points above, just seen Ospina in the line up .....negates anything good here

Munchies, can you now please stop fucking with the Jesus

HCZ and FY.......you better keep your bromance going, it might be the only entertainment we get tonight

Munchies
13-09-2016, 05:52 PM
waiting for NQ to post

Globalgunner
13-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Wenger:bow::bow:
Fucking with GW and Arsenal fans in general for 12 years and more now. Le Boss.

Globalgunner
13-09-2016, 05:55 PM
waiting for NQ to post

He has gone into a mild case of overheating which may later be diagnosed as a mild bout of Pneumonia. Either way he may need help getting over this later Wengerisation.

Wenger knows he cant possibly win the CL, so he might as well hobble himself from the get go.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 05:57 PM

I was wrong.

I think a meltdown is justifiable, on what evidence has Wenger seen of playing Sanchez up front that is a well thought out strategy.

Why the fuck did we pay 34 million for Granit Xhaka not to play him

And "shit the bed" we know Wenger is slow at learning from his mistakes but seriously?....What is the actual fucking point of playing Ospina in champions league games....personally shouldn't be anywhere near the first team...absolute calamity

This is a shit show of a line up.

Power n Glory
13-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Ox again? No Xhaka, no Perez. Theo not even on the bench. Is he injured? Ospina? Sanchez up front? What was the point of buying Perez? It really is a strange one.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 05:59 PM
You 2 should get a room. :run:

If I didn't know better, I'd think people were being paid on commission basis to get business for Holiday Inn

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Ox again? No Xhaka, no Perez. Theo not even on the bench. Is he injured? Ospina? Sanchez up front? What was the point of buying Perez? It really is a strange one.

Yes to answer your question, knee injury....so hopefully should see him playing again in April.

Maestro
13-09-2016, 06:00 PM
I think a meltdown is justifiable, on what evidence has Wenger seen of playing Sanchez up front that is a well thought out strategy.

Why the fuck did we pay 34 million for Granit Xhaka not to play him

And "shit the bed" we know Wenger is slow at learning from his mistakes but seriously?....What is the actual fucking point of playing Ospina in champions league games....personally shouldn't be anywhere near the first team...absolute calamity

This is a shit show of a line up.

I really don't know anymore, surely his very sanity must be in question here

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 06:01 PM
He has gone into a mild case of overheating which may later be diagnosed as a mild bout of Pneumonia. Either way he may need help getting over this later Wengerisation.

Wenger knows he cant possibly win the CL, so he might as well hobble himself from the get go.

If NQ is actually Hilary Clinton, he/she has possibly done the best job in the world of protecting their identity

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 06:05 PM
I really don't know anymore, surely his very sanity must be in question here

It's interesting that even with injury to Walcott he is refusing to start Giroud, not that this is of itself a bad thing....just interesting. L'Adulterer might have had a crack at Claire Wenger....the one thing presumably you can do to get Wenger to drop you when you are otherwise a sacred cow.

Maybe he actually thinks with Ozil behind him, Sanchez is most likely to finish chances.....but even if you give him the benefit of the doubt there....Ospina? Fuck right off.

selassie
13-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Go back to where you came from!

:lol:

Özim
13-09-2016, 06:07 PM
PSG were hugely disappointing against Man City last season and have lost a couple of players, but they do have a better manager in charge and a few new faces as well, will be interesting to see how good they are now.

Globalgunner
13-09-2016, 06:08 PM
If NQ is actually Hilary Clinton, he/she has possibly done the best job in the world of protecting their identity

Well they do share a particular trait. Utter world domination is a must.

Goonermerree
We play a weakened team every year at this stage. I don't know why anyone is even surprised or annoyed.

selassie
Just seen the team selection :haha:

Wenger must be the only manager out there that rests keepers? Is Cech injured or something? Seriously?

McNamara That Ghost...
13-09-2016, 06:09 PM
No idea what Wenger will pull next.

It will be alright I reckon.

Globalgunner
13-09-2016, 06:11 PM
It's interesting that even with injury to Walcott he is refusing to start Giroud, not that this is of itself a bad thing....just interesting. L'Adulterer might have had a crack at Claire Wenger....the one thing presumably you can do to get Wenger to drop you when you are otherwise a sacred cow.

Maybe he actually thinks with Ozil behind him, Sanchez is most likely to finish chances.....but even if you give him the benefit of the doubt there....Ospina? Fuck right off.

Im guessing he might have withdrawn Giroud having recalled how he self combusted spectacularly the last time the klieg lights of a French fixture were on him against Monaco. No great loss IMO but he should have played Lucas with Sanchez wide.

Master Splinter
13-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Cech has a knock apparently.

There's a lot of skill and creativity in the team. But who's going to make runs in behind? They'll be crossing to shadows in the box again. Ox has had enough chances to impress, he has to give something back here.

Xhaka, Elneny and Lucas being rested for the Forest game.

Power n Glory
13-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Wenger is too sentimental. He's probably promised Ospina games hence his selection. Knows Ox is frail as anything and is trying to give him every opportunity to get his act together, but not sure why Perez wouldn't get a game with Sanchez playing wide with Ox.

Fuck Giroud. He is Mr false dawn. But it would have made more sense to try and get Perez, Ozil and Sanchez forming a solid understanding.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
PSG were hugely disappointing against Man City last season and have lost a couple of players, but they do have a better manager in charge and a few new faces as well, will be interesting to see how good they are now.

Except he hasn't done particularly marvellously, no better than us in Ligue 1 (clearly inferior league to premier league)

selassie

He's been doing this in PL for the past 10 years so he might as well do it in CL too!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Cech has a knock apparently.

There's a lot of skill and creativity in the team. But who's going to make runs in behind? They'll be crossing to shadows in the box again. Ox has had enough chances to impress, he has to give something back here.

Xhaka, Elneny and Lucas being rested for the Forest game.

BBC sport saying that no injury problem with Cech and that Ospina picked for champions league matches

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:25 PM
No this can't be true, surely he's gone mad

Wenger is a massive, massive fuckwit and this is yet more proof.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:27 PM

I was wrong.

Wenger knows best. Everyone else is mad.

Still, a big night from Ozil and Alexis and this team can still win it.

Gooner23
13-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Wumger.

Bangs on about his precious top 4, then sticks out understrength teams in the groups..

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:28 PM
BBC sport saying that no injury problem with Cech and that Ospina picked for champions league matches

Cost us last time, so maybe this time will be different? And even if it isn't, maybe it will be different the next time. Or the next. Or the one after that. Eventually. And then he will be sectioned under the mental health actvindicated.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Ok the old guy has actually gone senile!

Xhaka dropped again? Why?

Ox starts over Theo? No Lucas or Giroud.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:32 PM

Is that story finally getting out now? About fucking time. It will be like that Chinese guy they used to wheel out, all hail the leader. I guess they just need to stop the gangrene setting in before November.

Goonermerree
13-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Anyone got a link to a decent stream?

Globalgunner
13-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Is that story finally getting out now? About fucking time. It will be like that Chinese guy they used to wheel out, all hail the leader. I guess they just need to stop the gangrene setting in before November.

Good to know youre OK NQ. I thought for a moment that Wenger had finally done you in.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Well they do share a particular trait. Utter world domination is a must.

Yes, but I'm modest.

Kano
Good selection.

At least three points tonight.

Munchies

Using this myself

http://cricfree.tv/watch/live/paris-saint-germain-vs-arsenal-live-streaming

tons of others above the player

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:37 PM
Good to know youre OK NQ. I thought for a moment that Wenger had finally done you in.

It's just comedy for me now. I might die laughing at this bloke, but no more stabbing myself in fits of rage.

Goonermerree
13-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Using this myself

Thanks. I used to get streams from FSI but that site went down months ago.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Hands up who wishes it was our game called off, for a waterlogged pitch

Munchies
13-09-2016, 06:40 PM

No worries, I used to use HD ones but I cant be fucked as they get taken down all the time lol

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Using this myself

Thanks. Anything without Owen on it is a decent stream.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 06:41 PM

http://singidunum.club/wlive02amozzart.html

Reasonably stable ....... for the time being.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:42 PM

No way. I have booze, I'm bunking off work, wife's cooking dinner which will be hand delivered soon, and there's a footy match on. Wenger might be a muppet, but it's still a decent way to spend a Tuesday night.

Maestro
13-09-2016, 06:44 PM

No chance, I'm now oddly engaged in this game. Either way it will be interesting

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:45 PM
The Last 16 Cup! And it's LIVE!

Maestro
13-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Here we go ��

Master Splinter
LOL.

Maestro
:yippee:

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 06:49 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams

I use this site mainly these days ever since FSI and the one before that (forgotten the name) got taken down.

OH FUCK!

Goonermerree
Not one minute on the clock and we're one nil down.

The Emirates Gallactico
What a joke!

selassie
Free header.

Maestro
Wow that some real early shit, we never fail to live up to our tag

Ernesto
Ffs arsenal!

adzzzbatch
:haha: :haha:

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Hmmm.

We were well pushed up there, weren't we?

Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous. When we can take a risk, e.g. against a team like Soton, we go conservative. When we need to be a bit conservative, we push the whole midfield up and leave the defenders exposed.

Let's change nothing. Maybe if we persist it will suddenly go right.

The Emirates Gallactico
See this is what happens when you don't play Xhaka!

Munchies
:haha: :haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Ospina :lol:

Leaves a ball that ends up staying in play.

Master Splinter
Any other day and Cavani's header lands in the Louvre.

The Emirates Gallactico
Getting torn to shreds here. :lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
Don't think we'd even touched the ball

Aurier had all the time in world to make cross, Cavani totally unchallenged

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:52 PM
See this is what happens when you don't play Xhaka!

Not sure about that. We didn't have him last year but it was still the same old shit.

This is what happens when you get Wengered.

Maestro
13-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Can we have something else to talk about whilst we enjoy this shower i

adzzzbatch
13-09-2016, 06:53 PM
We're such a joke :haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
Literally no one in the area as Alexis is coming too deep.

Niall_Quinn
That should be a red for Matuidi.

The Emirates Gallactico
Great Mustafi down after getting scroted by Matudi.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 06:54 PM
Arsenal fan Aurier tearing Monreal and Iwobi to shreds. :lol:

Munchies
13-09-2016, 06:55 PM
1-0 Cavani goal

https://streamable.com/4pwm

Gooner23
Don't think we'd even touched the ball

Aurier had all the time in world to make cross, Cavani totally unchallenged

That's been happening for yonks, I really don't think we train our full backs to try and cut out crosses

Niall_Quinn
Great Mustafi down after getting scroted by Matudi.

Got him 3 times. Ankle, then kick, then deliberate stamp. Clear red card. Then you'll see a player do a little handbag flick, the opponent will go rolling around. Red. It's pathetic.

Goonermerree
13-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Commentator just said that Wenger thinks he has the squad with the maturity to win the CL this year...

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Fucks sake Verrati should have got a red for that.

PSG employing Stoke city style thuggery here!

adzzzbatch
13-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Absolutely shit from us.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:57 PM
No shape and no tactics again. I wonder will it work this time? And no composure, our favourite.

Marc Overmars
13-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Arsenal in being useless in Europe shocker.

:sleep:

The Emirates Gallactico
That's been happening for yonks, I really don't think we train our full backs to try and cut out crosses

Just incredibly unprofessional. No plan to just calm things down in the first few minutes and get a stamp on the game.

And now Kos bails us out. :doh:

Niall_Quinn
Commentator just said that Wenger thinks he has the squad with the maturity to win the CL this year...

He's gathering evidence for the men in white coats.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Arsenal in being useless in Europe shocker.

:sleep:

Hey matey! Name one other manager who has been useless in Europe for 21 seasons in a row! 21 seasons! Nobody else comes close.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Ospina nearly gets caught out from a corner again. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Good save by Ospina there, from that fluke by Di Maria.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Well done Iwobi. At least he tried something.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Our first corner. :popcorn:

Xhaka Can’t
13-09-2016, 07:03 PM

Too bad the squad don't have a manager with the maturity to win the CL this year.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Look at how static it is when we have the ball. We're never going to bother them playing with so little movement and pace.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Terrible by Ox. He just had to get it to Alexis there.

Thierrymon
13-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Fair tackle from Coq. Given a yellow.

Marc Overmars
13-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Sorry, but Alexis is not a striker.

He goes looking for the ball too much to be effective in that role.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Fucking ridiculous yellow. 50/50. What's he supposed to do? Not tackle?

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Sorry, but Alexis is not a striker.

He goes looking for the ball too much to be effective in that role.

He has to, because we simply refuse to move the ball at pace so we don't stretch the defence. Ox and Iwobi should be tearing down those wings and Ozil Alexis and Santi should all be making themselves available. But it's static.

Munchies
13-09-2016, 07:13 PM
PSG been weak frm set pieces

benches Giroud

Alexis dropping so deep

No one upfront

Wenglogic

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Is this going to be one of those seasons where we always start poorly and then have to chase games?

Munchies
13-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Is this going to be one of those seasons where we always start poorly and then have to chase games?

Judging by the past yes

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 07:15 PM
PSG been weak frm set pieces

benches Giroud

Alexis dropping so deep

No one upfront

Wenglogic

>Away from home against a strong team where counter attack is important

> Drops Xhaka, one of the best long and quick passers we have in the team for Coquelin.

Wenglogic

Maestro
13-09-2016, 07:16 PM

But that's us every season

adzzzbatch
13-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Has everyone given up watching now? :lol:

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 07:17 PM
But that's us every season

Nah we also have seasons where we start well, dominate and then concede a sloppy late minute equaliser.

Maestro
13-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Nah we also have seasons where we start well, dominate and then concede a sloppy late minute equaliser.

Okay the inverse approach to achieve the same result, some variation at least ...I suppose

The Emirates Gallactico

Nah still watching. It's just not much is happening as we're impotent in attack with our slow build up play reliant on precise and accurate passing and control.

Niall_Quinn

I think you're supposed to look back to last season's thread if you want to know what people think of this match.

Maestro
13-09-2016, 07:20 PM

No chance, it doesn't hurt anymore. We're immune now

Thierrymon
13-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Cavani misses an open goal. Should have been 2-0

Marc Overmars
Cavani should have scored. What a let off

Maestro
Should have scored there Cavani

selassie
We're getting destroyed, lucky to only be 1 down.

The Emirates Gallactico
Jesus wept, this is bad.

Master Splinter
13-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Cavani's back to his level.

Goonermerree

One eye on this and one on the Last Leg, then after the match, Ellie Simmonds and Ellie Robinson in the final of the 400m freestyle. I'm loving the Paralympics, we said the footballers should watch the Olympians, they should watch the Paraolympians instead.

Niall_Quinn
Wow. What a miss.

Agent Cavani.

Marc Overmars
Imagine how badly we would have been shat on if they still had Zlatan. So much for them being weaker.

Munchies
Cavani :haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
It'd be a travesty if we get anything from this game.

Globalgunner
13-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Cavani is crtap...unfortunately were are even more so.
All we ever do is pass the ball, even 4m from goal

Maestro
Tip, tap, tip, tap

This is some good shit, we're spoilt

Power n Glory
Fucking shoot Coquelin!

Niall_Quinn
The difference between PSG getting the ball forward and us. Night and day. Everything we do is so unnecessarily complicated and over-cooked.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Fucking shoot Coquelin!

You can see why he still hasn't scored a professional goal for us yet.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 07:25 PM
The difference between PSG getting the ball forward and us. Night and day. Everything we do is so unnecessarily complicated and over-cooked.

This basically.

I don't think it's been more clearer than tonight.

Globalgunner
13-09-2016, 07:27 PM
No more evidence should be required to convince anyone that players are not the problem. New season, new players same old shit. Wenger is the opposite of King Midas. Everything he touches turns to lead.

Marc Overmars
13-09-2016, 07:28 PM
Cavani again :lol:

Should have buried us

Maestro
13-09-2016, 07:28 PM
It's amazing how you can copy and paste a whole year's worth of GW threads, post for post ....literally word for word

Thierrymon
13-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Cavani gets past our defense. Probably should've scored that 1 too.

Goonermerree
Their striker just did a Giroud in front of goal.

Niall_Quinn
You sure we didn't sign Cavani?

Munchies
13-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Cavani keeping us in it

Maestro
13-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Useless Ox

Master Splinter
13-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Ox is worse than Barkley now.

adzzzbatch
13-09-2016, 07:32 PM
What is the point of watching us? What is the point of Arsenal in Europe?

Power n Glory
Ox is shite!

Marc Overmars

Horrible coaching. There's no way you can convince me this is the natural game of our squad. They should be capable of playing at a higher pace but they're not instructed to do so.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Half time. Lucky to be only one down - Cavani should have had his hat trick already.

What a crock of shit.

Maestro
13-09-2016, 07:34 PM

Just to see if any of this shit accelarates Wenger's departure or DT's and Claude's mental implosion on Arsenal Fan TV ....actually come to think of it Arsenal Fan TV is way more entertaining than watching us play

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:34 PM
HT. Wenger thoroughly exposed again. Lots that could be said about that half. But it has all been said before, last season, season before, season before that...

Only variation we'll get here is who or what Wenger blames. Won't be himself, that's for sure.

Munchies
13-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Barkley has a bad game where he gives up the ball and Koeman takes him off at half time and tells the media.

Ox does the same EVERY single game ffs

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:36 PM

I guess people just think I'm being bitter when I say "cash"

But after so many years of failing to address any of the issues, you have to conclude the manager doesn't think there are any issues to address. And there aren't. He brings home the cash every year and that's the point of Arsenal in Europe. Just that.

Marc Overmars
13-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Ox is shite!

Another wanky English player.

Globalgunner
13-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Love of Arsenal saw Wenger reject PSG......Hmmmm!

1-0 HT . We did well to come out only 1-0 down, Cavani MOTM so far

Marc Overmars
13-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Ozil was shite as well.

Probably doesn't want to inflict any damage on his future teammates for next season.

Kano
Good half.

All part of the plan.

Power n Glory
Another wanky English player.

How the heck is he starting?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Mentally weak, physically weak, tactically weak

A pressing game like the one PSG plays has its disadvantages, it causes players to be physically drained after a while

That would have been to our benefit had we not gone 1-0 down after 40 seconds

I think even with the limited tactics we could have drawn the sting out of the game and won posession high up the pitch

But we have been chasing the game, making it easier for them to close us down and win posession without having to over exert themselves

On top of that they look better on the ball, physically stronger and hungrier

Oxlade Chamberlain is the key example of how the ability to cross a ball has become a lost art, Sanchez hasn't the positional discipline to play up front, Iwobi looks out of his depth therefore totally blunt up top

Mustafi has kind of made amends for his failure to Mark Cavani early on, Ospina looks every inch the liability

Though the worst player on the pitch award has to go to Monreal, they don't even need Di Maria....Aurier is having him for breakfast.

Power n Glory
13-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Ozil was shite as well.

Probably doesn't want to inflict any damage on his teammates for next season.

He never turns up. It's expected.

Maestro
13-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Love of Arsenal saw Wenger reject PSG......Hmmmm!

1-0 HT . We did well to come out only 1-0 down, Cavani MOTM so far

there is nothing impressive about being MOTM when playing against Arsenal

Marc Overmars
13-09-2016, 07:42 PM
How the heck is he starting?

It's like Wenger wants the team to have pace but the soporific passing means we never see the benefit of it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Half time. Lucky to be only one down - Cavani should have had his hat trick already.

What a crock of shit.

Bit harsh on Cavani....probably short of being world class but hardly crock of shite

I think he's a bit overrated and not the best finisher but he's getting himself into the goal scoring positions

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Ozil was shite as well.

Probably doesn't want to inflict any damage on his future teammates for next season.

I have a feeling it will be PSG too. Bayern seems obvious, but for some reason I think PSG.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 07:45 PM
It's like Wenger wants the team to have pace but the soporific passing means we never see the benefit of it.

Don't know if I'd describe our play as soporific, seems too highly strung for that.

It's more like Stan Laurel trying to run through a minefield

Maestro
13-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Bit harsh on Cavani....probably short of being world class but hardly crock of shite

I think he's a bit overrated and not the best finisher but he's getting himself into the goal scoring positions

I see what you did there :haha:

Kano
13-09-2016, 07:47 PM
Get in their faces and put it in the mixer.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-09-2016, 07:47 PM
He never turns up. It's expected.

We are never going to agree on this but last season or so I think he's one of the few players for us who does consistently turn up

Granted he hasn't been good tonight, but who has?. We rely on him so much that we have allowed our play to be totally congested.

Maestro
13-09-2016, 07:48 PM
The body language of our players as they walk on the pitch says it all, way to go Wenget ....so much for motivating your players

Munchies
no changes at HT

im done

The Emirates Gallactico
The cash for being involved in the CL isn't even as important these days like it was in the past due to the massive money in the PL these days.

:unsure:

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 07:49 PM
The body language of our players as they walk on the pitch says it all, way to go Wenget ....so much for motivating your players

Chance of a Wenger bollocking: 0%.

For everything else there's mastercard.

Globalgunner
there is nothing impressive about being MOTM when playing against Arsenal

Funny, yknow I was being sarcastic. He was MOTM more for us than PSG

Maestro
The cash for being involved in the CL isn't even as important these days like it was in the past due to the massive money in the PL these days.

And hence Wenget is deliberately throwing in the towel early

Maestro
13-09-2016, 07:50 PM
Funny, yknow I was being sarcastic. He was MOTM more for us than PSG

True, I know

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:51 PM

Not just the prize money. Lots of sponsorship deals attached too. And TV as always. It's no small thing. Plus it keeps the myth alive that we are a top team. We aren't.

Power n Glory
13-09-2016, 07:51 PM
We are never going to agree on this but last season or so I think he's one of the few players for us who does consistently turn up

Granted he hasn't been good tonight, but who has?. We rely on him so much that we have allowed our play to be totally congested.

He disappeared around New Year's.

Maestro
13-09-2016, 07:52 PM
At least play for a bit of personal pride and a move away from Arsenal

Marc Overmars
13-09-2016, 07:52 PM
I have a feeling it will be PSG too. Bayern seems obvious, but for some reason I think PSG.

I think he's pals with PSG's owners. Bank on it.

selassie
13-09-2016, 07:53 PM
Why is Coq playing as a second striker?

Goonermerree
13-09-2016, 07:53 PM
We'll turn this around or at least get a draw.

Marc Overmars
13-09-2016, 07:54 PM

25+ goals for like 7 seasons now.

Xhaka Can’t
13-09-2016, 07:55 PM

Just watched a couple of episodes of Parks and Recreation.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Horrible cheat Cavani.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Jesus that was close.

I think he's pals with PSG's owners. Bank on it.

I may be a bit naive but judging from his twitter/instragram he does seem to genuinely love living in London and the PL.

Marc Overmars
Why is Coq playing as a second striker?

He's like a new signing.

Globalgunner
Coq with probably our 1st shot on goal

Marc Overmars
13-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Should have signed Aurier instead of Debuchy.

Maestro
13-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Just watched a couple of episodes of Parks and Recreation.

How is that show, been thinking of watching it but worried it won't be funny enough for me

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 08:01 PM
How is that show, been thinking of watching it but worried it won't be funny enough for me

Starts of a bit slow but gets pretty, pretty good after a while. It does have a tendency like a lot of sitcoms to rely on repeated character gags/shortcomings/gimmicks too much at times for it's humour though.

Worth watching overall tbh.

Maestro
How are PSG only 1-0 up?

Marc Overmars
Alexis making a timely interception in our own half to begin an attack.

Exactly why he shouldn't be up front.

Goonermerree
13-09-2016, 08:02 PM
We always give the opposition time to get back, read a newspaper and have a cup of tea when we come of of defence.

Maestro
13-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Starts of a bit slow but gets pretty, pretty good after a while. It does have a tendency like a lot of sitcoms to rely on repeated character gags/shortcomings/gimmicks too much at times for it's humour though.

:good:

I'll give it a go

Power n Glory
13-09-2016, 08:04 PM
The midfield are hiding.

The Emirates Gallactico
13-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Aurier's crossing is amazing. He's like the opposite Sagna.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 08:05 PM

Started watching it a while back, but just couldn't get into it. Maybe a timing thing.

adzzzbatch
Fuck off Arsenal, where's the heart where's the effort?

Marc Overmars
Giroud coming on to save us :bow:

selassie
Ox needs to be taken off, he's breaking down our attacks. Why does he keep running head down into congested areas? :lol:

Xhaka Can’t

I'm on Series 5. I love it.

You really need to give it a chance, the characters really grow on you and when Rob Lowe joins the cast, he is mint.

Thierrymon
13-09-2016, 08:06 PM
We've created nothing. Playing like a bunch of strangers.

The Emirates Gallactico
The midfield are hiding.

If only we had a big powerful imposing midfielder who has the capability to boss a midfield.

Marc Overmars
Oxlade :doh:

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Dangerous sub coming up. Bif on. Ox off. Alexis will have to do a real defensive job now and there's a good chance he won't.

Xhaka Can’t
13-09-2016, 08:08 PM
Sub with nearly half an hour to go?

Wenger's watch must be fucked.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Shoot Iwobi! You just don't have that much time at this level.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 08:10 PM

Somebody told him an hour ago he'd completely fucked up the team selection. Now that the message has reached his brain he's sprung into action.

Maestro
13-09-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm on Series 5. I love it.

You really need to give it a chance, the characters really grow on you and when Rob Lowe joins the cast, he is mint.

Nice, run out of stuff to watch and I've been hesitating starting it. Just finished catching up with The Last Man On Earth

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Should have been a red card for Aurier. He kicked out there, before getting the fake injury.

Goonermerree
13-09-2016, 08:12 PM

He subbed at 60 mins at the weekend!!!!

Globalgunner
Ospina bails us out

The Emirates Gallactico
Ospina on the ball there. Stops Aurier.

Maestro