PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Forest (away, League Cup).

McNamara That Ghost...
20-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Happy run outs for all. Xhaka Lampards one in, Lucas Perez off the mark to two.

Ox's trying actually got him some rewards in the end.

Kano
20-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Just like the good ole days in the cup, second stringers spanking them in for an easy win.

Xhaka's goal was great, Lucas' second was nicely done and the build up for the fourth was slick.

Home tie for the next round please.

Marc Overmars
20-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Splendid

Niall_Quinn
20-09-2016, 11:59 PM
Typical. Missed it and it sounds like it was a good game. Only downside seems to be Xhaka. Why does he keep shooting? What's wrong with the fucker?

The Emirates Gallactico
21-09-2016, 01:45 AM
Yeah it was an awesome game and coming off the good result at Hull, there's a feel good factor back at the club which was much needed after a generally abysmal 2016 where we saw our league challenge at the tail end of last season go up in smokes and an abject start to this season against Liverpool. In fact if we manage to smash Chelsea on Saturday I wouldn't be surprised if Gazidis & Kroenke used that moment to ram through a Wenger contract extension.

I honestly think Reine- Adelaide is the real deal and could become our Pogba (the good one at Juventus, not the shit version under Mourinho) except without the dabbing and cringe. He's got the same glimpses of skill and magic in his game.

But really, everyone had a good game even the Ox eventually. A special shout out to Gabriel who looked very assured and who's become a bit of a forgotten man since Mustafi's arrival. Like I said in the match thread, I don't think Mustafi is guaranteed to start if Gabriel plays like he did tonight from here onwards (I think Kos is certain no matter what).

Xhaka amazing again and gives Wenger a real headache. Whilst I've been his biggest cheerleader on here since his arrival and been pretty disappointed that he's been on the bench recently, there's no denying that Coquelin was amazing against Hull and it'd incredibly harsh if he gets benched after that performance. A hard call either way but that's why Wenger gets paid 8 million a year ..... to make those decisions. :coffee:

fakeyank
21-09-2016, 01:04 PM
In fact if we manage to smash Chelsea on Saturday I wouldn't be surprised if Gazidis & Kroenke used that moment to ram through a Wenger contract extension.

If that is true, I'd rather we get smashed. I'd take a lose to Chelsea (a team I despise more than Tottenham) rather than have a single day more from the fossil.

Maestro
21-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Damn I missed what appears to have been a good game. Well done the lads.

Maestro
21-09-2016, 01:35 PM
If that is true, I'd rather we get smashed. I'd take a lose to Chelsea (a team I despise more than Tottenham) rather than have a single day more from the fossil.

Now ai really don't like Wenger at all, mostly because of his contemptful and insulting attitude towards the fans and their concerns .....but damn that's strong FY. Surely we must look to hammer Chelsea, and if we do it could be a very significant result. Could you not park this desire for a loss until a lesser game surely, at the very least.

fakeyank
21-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Now ai really don't like Wenger at all, mostly because of his contemptful and insulting attitude towards the fans and their concerns .....but damn that's strong FY. Surely we must look to hammer Chelsea, and if we do it could be a very significant result. Could you not park this desire for a loss until a lesser game surely, at the very least.

Would you take a win IF that means Wenger stays longer? My statement is based on TEG's gut feeling that Wenger will be offered a new contract if we win. Surely very few Arsenal fans want that sort of negativity in their lives.

If there is no correlation between the result and Wengers contract, then I hope we smash the living daylights out of the scums.

Özim
21-09-2016, 02:30 PM
Decent result, seem to be building some momentum, Xhaka with a couple goals in the last two games can only be a good thing, onwards and upwards.

Penguin
21-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Only saw the highlights. Well done Perez - nice slide rule pass to play Akpom through on goal for the penalty, took the penalty very well (no chance for the keeper even though he dived the right way), great tenacity and strength for his second goal and a lovely one-two to set up Ox for the last goal.

Would you take a win IF that means Wenger stays longer? My statement is based on TEG's gut feeling that Wenger will be offered a new contract if we win. Surely very few Arsenal fans want that sort of negativity in their lives.

If there is no correlation between the result and Wengers contract, then I hope we smash the living daylights out of the scums.

Even if we get relegated there's no guarantee that Wenger won't be offered a new contract :lol:

Bumble
21-09-2016, 04:04 PM
we are on fire.... 2 consecutive away games scoring 4 goals. well played everyone. time for some back slapping and ole-ing at the ground.

Letters
21-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Decent result, seem to be building some momentum, Xhaka with a couple goals in the last two games can only be a good thing, onwards and upwards.

:blink:

Who are you and what have you done with Zim? :sulk:

Globalgunner
21-09-2016, 04:28 PM
What do you do with a problem like Xhakaboom?

Edinburgh Gooner
21-09-2016, 05:08 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/2016/09/video-nottingham-forest-0-4-arsenal/

Highlights of last night for those that haven't seen them yet

cricketsi
21-09-2016, 05:21 PM
:blink:

Who are you and what have you done with Zim? :sulk:

:haha: I was going to say the same thing. By far the most positive thing I've ever seen him post.

Letters
21-09-2016, 06:35 PM
:haha: I was going to say the same thing. By far the most positive thing I've ever seen him post.
Hopefully the Chelsea game will cheer him...down and he'll be back to usual. Bit worried about him tbh.

tpyo
21-09-2016, 10:41 PM

There is none. The board appear to have a rather long-term view of matters, don't they?

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2016, 11:38 PM
No way will they try to sneak a new contract through this early. Even the disconnected leeches in the boardroom will realise they have to tread very carefully on this. It has been a very ordinary start to the season. The performances are poor, leaving aside an isolated cup outing against lower league opposition. If we have reached the stage at this club where we consider a win over the chavs to be such a landmark that the manager gets a new contract then we are small time. He's going to need to do more than clawing back a toehold in his embarrassing record.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-09-2016, 10:40 PM
Tread carefully? We're 4th, just en the damn season now!

Dicks and chicks
25-09-2016, 12:19 AM
Nice to actually win away against championship fodder for a change.