Kano
24-09-2016, 06:28 PM
Koscielny empties his pockets at the end of the day: Wallet, keys, Diego Costa

:lol:

Niall_Quinn
24-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Great professional performance

It really was.

And now, all I want, is this every week.

Niall_Quinn
24-09-2016, 06:30 PM

alright, I'm laughing.

radford78
24-09-2016, 06:32 PM
At work but managed to see some of the game. Brilliant performance and a result that has been a long time coming.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
We needed to give our fans something to cheer at the Emirates, haven't had much

Kicking Chelsea in the nuts with steel toe cap boots is a very nice tonic

fakeyank
Best performance in ages. Only thing I'd have differently would be bringing Lucas on instead of Giroud.

Goonermerree
24-09-2016, 06:34 PM
:partytime::scarf::scarf::jumpnana::cheer::yippee: :yippee:

LDG
Lovely stuff.

:scarf:

Well done the boys. That's made a good weekend fucking brilliant :d

Goonermerree
Best performance in ages. Only thing I'd have differently would be bringing Lucas on instead of Giroud.

I agree, we need to give him time and at 3 nil up it was a good time to give it to him.

Globalgunner
24-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Saw our line up and thought..Shit
Wenger:bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
24-09-2016, 07:08 PM
About time.

Wenger :bow:

Should have been 5 or 6. We missed some glorious chances on the counter to really bury them.

Everyone was magnificent. Mustafi especially really looked every bit the 35 million we paid for him.

If I was being a bit picky I would say that we were a bit too open at times and Chelsea had some good chances which we required last ditch tackles and a Cech save.

Globalgunner
24-09-2016, 07:15 PM
I heard Bellerin put down a challenge to Bolt. I think Ill put a tenner on our boy against the ManU fan.

GP
24-09-2016, 07:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/u5Lozok.jpg

dostoy
24-09-2016, 07:28 PM
Very pleased.

I saw much of the first half and it was good viewing, not much of the second half, but I did see Bellerin's great tackle against Pedro.

You can hear the phone call can't you, 'keep January clear Gus, although I might need you before that'

Great stuff.

The Emirates Gallactico
24-09-2016, 07:33 PM
We're third on MoTD. :lol:

BBC can't stop sucking the dicks of the Manchester clubs.

Marc Overmars
24-09-2016, 07:35 PM
Fan-fucking tastic.

We've owed them a good kicking for long time.

The Emirates Gallactico
24-09-2016, 07:42 PM
What's that noise I hear ............. it's Gazidis printing out Wenger's new contract. :ninja:

Goonermerree
24-09-2016, 07:43 PM
We're third on MoTD. :lol:

BBC can't stop sucking the dicks of the Manchester clubs.

I know! Arsenal V Chelsea was a bigger match than the other two, and there was 3 goals in it. Ridiculous.

AFC Leveller
24-09-2016, 07:45 PM
I know! Arsenal V Chelsea was a bigger match than the other two, and there was 3 goals in it. Ridiculous.

They have waited 5 match days to suck Pogba's cock off tbf.

Power n Glory
24-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Missed it. Pissed! MoTD will have to do.

Great result. Can't to see the goals.

LDG
24-09-2016, 08:14 PM
I wish we'd do this more often.

Sadly, performances like this have been few and far between the last year or so.

This is how we should play every week.

I know it won't always come off, but the effort and pace really do show when we reallt want it. Like Utd last year....brilliant, then we didn't ever match it.

Come on :scarf:

Every week now lads!

:dance:

Niall_Quinn
24-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Missed it. Pissed! MoTD will have to do.

Great result. Can't to see the goals.

Goals were magic. Like the good old days. Can't wait to hear the BBC describing them as bad defending. Truth is, the chavs didn't get within a mile of us today.

Niall_Quinn
24-09-2016, 08:18 PM
I wish we'd do this more often.

Sadly, performances like this have been few and far between the last year or so.

This is how we should play every week.

I know it won't always come off, but the effort and pace really do show when we reallt want it. Like Utd last year....brilliant, then we didn't ever match it.

Come on :scarf:

Every week now lads!

Every week.

Ernesto
24-09-2016, 08:18 PM
I think this is the issue, as NQ and LDG have said. When we play the likes of Swansea and Southampton we get flipping brain-ache. In all likelihood we'll go tippy tappy against Manchester United this season too.

I don't want to put a dampener on it, though. Great result, let's revel in it.

WMUG
24-09-2016, 08:31 PM
:patrice:

Xhaka Can’t
24-09-2016, 09:54 PM

:haha:

Letters
24-09-2016, 10:01 PM
What's that noise I hear ............. it's Gazidis printing out Wenger's new contract. :ninja:

:lol:

If he gets us playing like that every week he can have one.
This should be his last season with us but I'd love it (just love it) if he goes out with one last title.
We really do have a good squad now, I suspect we'll balls it up but what a performance today, if they keep playing like that we could be on to something.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-09-2016, 10:51 PM
Ça s cc mclaren

Kano
24-09-2016, 10:55 PM
Ça s cc mclaren

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Niall_Quinn
24-09-2016, 11:38 PM
Seems we didn't play that well after all. The result was entirely down to the chav defence. That's not what I saw but I'm not prepared to believe my lying eyes now the media can set me straight.

fakeyank
24-09-2016, 11:50 PM
I just do not see any team other than Guardiola's winning the title. That man has mastered the art of winning leagues. Last season was one of our best opportunities to challenge for it, and we fucked it up.

I'll just be happy if we can play majority of our games this way. You cant win it all.. just do your best, and if you come second or 10th, I can get behind the team. However, what are the chances we go back to boring bland lifeless football within the next couple of games? :ilt:

Dicks and chicks
25-09-2016, 12:18 AM
I would be happy with 3rd place and the league cup tbh.

Ralpheroo72
25-09-2016, 12:45 AM
Ozil, Sanchez, Bellerin and Kos were stand out performers. But, the whole team deserves credit, they were up for it, great to see!

Marc Overmars
25-09-2016, 08:36 AM
I went out straight after the game for my brothers birthday and I was in a bar still wearing my scarf. Of course I had my drink deliberately knocked out of my hand by some Chav fans. They were a pleasant bunch...

Anyway as for the game, I hope we continue to play with that kind of purpose and aggression. This cannot be a one off like the United 3-0 game last year. On a side note, I won some cash on us not scoring anymore goals in the 2nd half. Little bit frustrating because I really wanted us to rack up the kind of score that has seen us humiliated in the past. We're too soft on teams when we've done enough to win games. Greedy I know but I don't care, I want them to feel like we did after those heavy defeats.

Ernesto
25-09-2016, 11:44 AM
I went out straight after the game for my brothers birthday and I was in a bar still wearing my scarf. Of course I had my drink deliberately knocked out of my hand by some Chav fans. They were a pleasant bunch...

Anyway as for the game, I hope we continue to play with that kind of purpose and aggression. This cannot be a one off like the United 3-0 game last year. On a side note, I won some cash on us not scoring anymore goals in the 2nd half. Little bit frustrating because I really wanted us to rack up the kind of score that has seen us humiliated in the past. We're too soft on teams when we've done enough to win games. Greedy I know but I don't care, I want them to feel like we did after those heavy defeats.

I don't think the "not scoring any goals in the 2nd half" wasn't for the want of trying. We had a few chances in the second half, not quite as clear cut as the Theo goal, but it didn't look like we were under instruction to shut up shop.

Globalgunner
25-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Have heard all the excuses for Chelsea's defeat yesterday.
Amongst the usual the standout ones were for me
1. Havent yet been able to buy the players they need
2. coming back from a demoralising season last year.....and my favourite
3. They were missing the leadership of John Terry.:haha:

Kano
25-09-2016, 12:12 PM
I certainly hope the Chelsea spell over us has been smashed now.

One thing is for certain, their era of 'dominance' in this league is finished now that everyone from that original bunch have gone. Maureen started the job and made sure he ended last season too. Back to the drawing board for that lot.

Goonermerree
25-09-2016, 12:18 PM
I don't think the "not scoring any goals in the 2nd half" wasn't for the want of trying. We had a few chances in the second half, not quite as clear cut as the Theo goal, but it didn't look like we were under instruction to shut up shop.

I read a quote from Walcott that they were instructed to ease off in the second half because of the upcoming CL match. I can't find the interview now.

Xhaka Can’t
25-09-2016, 12:52 PM
It has been a while. I'd almost forgotten how this feels.

I'm buzzing about the result and the performance.

Munchies
25-09-2016, 01:20 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CtM2ncfWEAAOyK9.jpg

Verified with the blue tick and comes up when you follow him: https://www.instagram.com/koscielny_official6/?hl=en

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Kano
25-09-2016, 10:19 PM
So the fear is that Coquelin has done his ligaments again and could be out for months, like last season.

Ramsey is 'struggling' too and won't be back until after the next international break. Apparently.

Hopefully not the first of many casualties that will decimate our midfield once again.

Marc Overmars
26-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Happens every year. Let's hope with a the new additions we are able to cope a little bit better.

Kano
26-09-2016, 09:09 AM
Elneny hasn't had much wear or tear, Xhaka is banned for either one or three international matches I'm not sure and Santi doesn't play international so we should make it through until Ramsey is back. Provided he comes back in a 'few weeks'.

Bumble
26-09-2016, 11:08 AM
thought we played really well.... Chelsea were poor but we made them look poor. also what has happened to Walcott???? he is turning into a footballer.

Maestro
26-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Still buzzing and work was a joy today, the look on Chelsea and Spammers faces was quality

Let's enjoy the win .....until Wednesday at the least, very good performance

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-09-2016, 03:30 PM
I don't think that if they set up as Chelsea strangely did, performances like Theo's against various opposition will be uncommon. Every game is different though and I think we too often forget the impact on our performance as a result of opposition set ups and tactics.

Chelsea's belief they could beat us and we're even likely to worked in our favour.

AFC Leveller
26-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Coq out for the rest of the calendar year, according to some reports.

Penguin
26-09-2016, 03:35 PM
I read a quote from Walcott that they were instructed to ease off in the second half because of the upcoming CL match. I can't find the interview now.

If that's true... Wenger :doh:

After the 6-0 a couple of years ago and all that Costa BS I would have absolutely loved to go all out and destroy them. Wenger owes that to us after the countless embarrassments he's given us over the years.

The Emirates Gallactico
26-09-2016, 03:39 PM

Not great news but we're in a lot better position to handle it than last year.

Kano
26-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Same amount of time as last year. He didn't set the world alight when he came back either, so we have to hope that Ramsey comes back as stated and that Xhaka, Elneny and Santi don't fall to pieces too.

Chippy
26-09-2016, 05:57 PM

http://dailycannon.com/2016/09/injury-update-from-france-great-news-for-francis-coquelin/

The Emirates Gallactico
27-09-2016, 01:23 PM
http://dailycannon.com/2016/09/injury-update-from-france-great-news-for-francis-coquelin/

Confirmed.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10595300/arsenals-francis-coquelin-out-for-three-weeks-with-knee-injury

Coquelin only out for three weeks. Much better than first feared.

Power n Glory
27-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Arsenal Vision Podcast.

https://www.acast.com/arsenalvision/episode99-chelsea-h--theo-scomingtojesusmoment

Been listening for a few weeks and it's worth checking in each week.

Kano
27-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Confirmed.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10595300/arsenals-francis-coquelin-out-for-three-weeks-with-knee-injury

Coquelin only out for three weeks. Much better than first feared.

Blimey, a bit of luck with injuries? Whatever will happen next.

Letters
27-09-2016, 02:43 PM

Beating Chelsea? :unsure:

LDG
27-09-2016, 02:43 PM

He'll get a setback.

Come on, you know the score by now.

fakeyank
27-09-2016, 02:45 PM
He'll get a setback.

Come on, you know the score by now.

:gp:

*horse placenta needed*

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-09-2016, 03:32 PM
that handsome devil Gabriel also was out for a lot less than suspected, oh well still forced wenger to buy what is hopefully a better centre back in mustafi

The Emirates Gallactico
27-09-2016, 04:48 PM
I'm telling you, Shad's methods are finally bearing fruit plus we hired the Japanese bloke who's a world renowned expert on soft tissue injuries.

Injury crisis days are all over.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/18/21/376055CA00000578-3747849-World_renowned_muscle_expert_Takahiro_Yamamoto_cur rently_works_w-m-18_1471553844919.jpg

Takahiro Yamamoto :bow::bow:

Niall_Quinn
27-09-2016, 06:18 PM
I'm telling you, Shad's methods are finally bearing fruit plus we hired the Japanese bloke who's a world renowned expert on soft tissue injuries.

Fine. So it will be your fault if this doesn't turn out to be true.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
27-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Arsenal Vision Podcast.

https://www.acast.com/arsenalvision/episode99-chelsea-h--theo-scomingtojesusmoment

Been listening for a few weeks and it's worth checking in each week.

The one with Clive was spot on.....particularly with regards to the recent tactical approach with Coquelin.

I am invisible
28-09-2016, 07:32 AM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/18/21/376055CA00000578-3747849-World_renowned_muscle_expert_Takahiro_Yamamoto_cur rently_works_w-m-18_1471553844919.jpg

Ninja skills! :bow:

GP
28-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Super Mario :bow:

Power n Glory
28-09-2016, 09:42 AM
The one with Clive was spot on.....particularly with regards to the recent tactical approach with Coquelin.

That was a good one and Clive made a good point about the players that aren't playing (Giroud, Ramsey and Merts) and how we're playing a more fluid and fast game.

Some really good points on Coquelin's role. I'm sure Wenger has tried something similar with Alex Song. In his last season he was playing higher up the pitch.

I don't think Wenger strays too far his original tactical blueprint. It just depends on the players he has available and he'll try to shoehorn them into his system. I'm not sure why he's stuck with Giroud for so long he's a;ways had a certain vision.

I am invisible
28-09-2016, 10:05 AM
That was a good one and Clive made a good point about the players that aren't playing (Giroud, Ramsey and Merts) and how we're playing a more fluid and fast game.

Some really good points on Coquelin's role. I'm sure Wenger has tried something similar with Alex Song. In his last season he was playing higher up the pitch.

I don't think Wenger strays too far his original tactical blueprint. It just depends on the players he has available and he'll try to shoehorn them into his system. I'm not sure why he's stuck with Giroud for so long he's a;ways had a certain vision.

Most likely because everyone other than Giroud is usually injured for 3/4s of every season.

I'm liking how this team and this squad is shaping up though - it all feels very fluid and quickly adaptable at the moment, which is great for someone like Wenger who rigidly sticks with one system. The goals on saturday showed just how much variety we can squeeze out of that one system, and how many angles we can come at opponents from. Depth is looking really strong too - the only slight concern I have now is who covers Bellerin, but I'm sure we could work something out there. All very encouraging.

A lot has been said about how the front 4 are starting to click, but I think we've made some very interesting choices with our back 4 too. With Nacho, as a LB who can play CB, and Mustafi, as a CB who can play RB, we have the ingredients there to o from a 4-man defence to a very competent 3-man defence, allowing Bellerin to push up to RW, and whoever's on RW to move into the middle as a second CF - I can see our 4-2-3-1 becoming more of a 3-2-3-2 on a lot of our attacks.

Power n Glory
28-09-2016, 10:28 AM
Most likely because everyone other than Giroud is usually injured for 3/4s of every season.

I'm liking how this team and this squad is shaping up though - it all feels very fluid and quickly adaptable at the moment, which is great for someone like Wenger who rigidly sticks with one system. The goals on saturday showed just how much variety we can squeeze out of that one system, and how many angles we can come at opponents from. Depth is looking really strong too - the only slight concern I have now is who covers Bellerin, but I'm sure we could work something out there. All very encouraging.

A lot has been said about how the front 4 are starting to click, but I think we've made some very interesting choices with our back 4 too. With Nacho, as a LB who can play CB, and Mustafi, as a CB who can play RB, we have the ingredients there to o from a 4-man defence to a very competent 3-man defence, allowing Bellerin to push up to RW, and whoever's on RW to move into the middle as a second CF - I can see our 4-2-3-1 becoming more of a 3-2-3-2 on a lot of our attacks.

On the podcast, they did mention the fact that we seem to like to overload the left side which opens up space for Theo and Bellerin. We saw it for the 2nd goal against Chelsea.

It's looking good and given everyone hope. I've wanted to see us play with a more mobile attack and we're not even playing our best football just yet. We're still adjusting to having Sanchez up front and it's worth sticking with it. There is no point going back to Giroud unless we have a totally different system in place.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-09-2016, 10:41 AM
I think Wenger tends to agree with you.

Giroud is a good bench option to bring on, as he's the type of player who can get you a goal by popping up in the box late on.

But absolutely no need to be starting him at the moment (although that said I might be tempted to play him tonight to give him game time)

Kano
28-09-2016, 10:48 AM
We'll have to think of another set-up ahead of the Swansea game I imagine, what with Alexis coming back from two games on a Thursday night. But that's what squads are for after all.

Niall_Quinn
28-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Not sure I agree about the defence shaping up. Everything still seems wide open from what I have seen, especially on the flanks. And some worrying signs of the centre being breached quite easily by pace, notwithstanding the pace we can deploy ourselves to recover. But that's the problem for me, we tend to favour recovery rather than prevention.

I'm also not getting carried away one little bit by recent developments. It'll take 10 solid performances to convince me this isn't another one of our purple patches that leads directly into a ludicrous injury crisis and subsequent collapse. Odds of that are 100 to 1 on compared to the alternative. Here we are again, asking if after 12 seasons this is finally it, a consistent turnaround in our performances. I have hope but zero confidence.

GP
28-09-2016, 11:02 AM
I think Wenger tends to agree with you.

Giroud is a good bench option to bring on, as he's the type of player who can get you a goal by popping up in the box late on.

But absolutely no need to be starting him at the moment (although that said I might be tempted to play him tonight to give him game time)

He's suspended. I'd start Lucas though.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-09-2016, 11:44 AM
He's suspended. I'd start Lucas though.

Stupid of me of course he is

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-09-2016, 11:47 AM
Not sure I agree about the defence shaping up. Everything still seems wide open from what I have seen, especially on the flanks. And some worrying signs of the centre being breached quite easily by pace, notwithstanding the pace we can deploy ourselves to recover. But that's the problem for me, we tend to favour recovery rather than prevention.

I'm also not getting carried away one little bit by recent developments. It'll take 10 solid performances to convince me this isn't another one of our purple patches that leads directly into a ludicrous injury crisis and subsequent collapse. Odds of that are 100 to 1 on compared to the alternative. Here we are again, asking if after 12 seasons this is finally it, a consistent turnaround in our performances. I have hope but zero confidence.

Well yes

I think that's the most infuriating thing, that we are capable of good/hard working performances.

They just don't happen consistently. I think a lot of it comes from complacency playing against the considered lesser sides

I am invisible
28-09-2016, 11:58 AM

That wasn't really a commentary on how well we've mastered everything - just a observation on how the defence can also contribute to the fluidity and flexibility of our shape and play. Obviously it's going to take the them a little bit of time to really gel as a unit, just as the attack is going to need time to get used to Sanchez as CF (and then the attack and defence will need time to work on finding that perfect balance between the two), but I think these 4 defenders, in theory, are going to give us some very interesting options to explore...

Niall_Quinn
28-09-2016, 12:16 PM
That wasn't really a commentary on how well we've mastered everything - just a observation on how the defence can also contribute to the fluidity and flexibility of our shape and play. Obviously it's going to take the them a little bit of time to really gel as a unit, just as the attack is going to need time to get used to Sanchez as CF (and then the attack and defence will need time to work on finding that perfect balance between the two), but I think these 4 defenders, in theory, are going to give us some very interesting options to explore...

No, I get that. And I like the way things are shaping up. But I'm not getting suckered yet again. I think the mood is stern anticipation.

I am invisible
28-09-2016, 03:08 PM
No, I get that. And I like the way things are shaping up. But I'm not getting suckered yet again. I think the mood is stern anticipation.

:good:

Fool me 12 times, shame on you. Fool me 13 or more times, shame on me!

Power n Glory
28-09-2016, 04:18 PM
We still could be a looking at a very flawed system. Heck, what I saw over the weekend wasn't a million miles away from how we'd carve teams up with Camp Judas. (RVP, Cesc, Nasri and Ade). We've looked a million miles away from that team over the last few seasons and it says a lot that I'm even looking at those days as some sort of benchmark.