PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Ludogorets (home).

McNamara That Ghost...
19-10-2016, 08:36 PM
Not bad.

Gooner23
19-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Lovely stuff

GP
19-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Liquid football.

Globalgunner
19-10-2016, 08:40 PM
We may just top the group this time.
Here`s hoping

Goonermerree
19-10-2016, 08:41 PM
A goal fest at last! Can we have another on Saturday please?

Niall_Quinn
19-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Ludo are a half decent team. The other half is seriously poor. even so, you can only beat what's shoveled in front of you so it was nice to do that rather than slack off at 2-0.

Ozil :bow:

Sell the bastard.

LDG
19-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Super.

I love Ozil.

Letters
19-10-2016, 08:44 PM
I'd have taken that.

GP
19-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Did you see that Ludogrets display tonight?

LDG
19-10-2016, 08:46 PM
I'd have taken that.

I'd have Backstreet Boys

Letters
19-10-2016, 08:49 PM
Did you see that Ludogrets display tonight?

Ludogrets, they don't work.

#RobbieWilliams

Niall_Quinn
19-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Current match report on Daily Fail:

Alexis Sanchez scored an exquisite chip and Mesut Ozil grabbed a brace as Arsenal cruised to 1 5-0 victory against Ludogorets on Wednesday evening.

Proves they are submitting their match reports before the game even finishes. Shoddy hacks.

The Dismantler
19-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Their goalkeeper (if you an call him that) was piss poor!!
he had a shocking game!... not taking away from sanchez goal and mesut's hattrick, the goalie was utter rubbish today...

#WengerOut

Master Splinter
19-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Coquelin is a monster this season.

But as well you know, he did not cost £55 million.

Great to see Alexis flourishing in his new role, Ozil finally being ruthless, Walcott continuing his form and Ox contributing well too.

Arsenal :bow:.

Static
19-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Only won by 6. Wenger out.

Gooner23
19-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Coquelin is a monster this season.

But as well you know, he did not cost £55 million.

Great to see Alexis flourishing in his new role, Ozil finally being ruthless, Walcott continuing his form and Ox contributing well too.

Arsenal :bow:.

Fair play to him, he seems to be reacting to the extra competition this season. I thought he was outstanding tonight.

Really good to see some of the squaddies like Gibbs, Ox and Perez contributing. Oppo were poor but we played very well for the most part.

The Emirates Gallactico
19-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Fair play to him, he seems to be reacting to the extra competition this season. I thought he was outstanding tonight.

Really good to see some of the squaddies like Gibbs, Ox and Perez contributing. Oppo were poor but we played very well for the most part.

Yeah special props to Gibbs. Hasn't played a full 90 with the first team for ages and there were rumours that he was looking to leave in the summer.

With Monreal having some questionable form this season (roasted against PSG and Swansea) it was good to see him step up tonight. You need established squad players like Gibbs if you want to win a title.

Marc Overmars
19-10-2016, 11:10 PM
Easy as you like. Fantastic football.

Little bit sloppy in the first half, felt like we were on auto pilot at times but 2 quality goals from Alexis and Theo knocked the stuffing out of Ludo. Incredible turn around in confidence for Theo, he's really flying right now and I hope to god he can keep it up. What more can you say about Alexis eh? Stunning goal.

Exhibition stuff in the 2nd half, Ozil is an absolute boss.

It's great to see us scoring freely again, been a few seasons of really dire and pragmatic football but it looks like we've found that golden touch again.

Arsenal. :bow:
Keep up the good work lads.

UEFA. :doh:
Their respect campaign meant no beer was available in the stadium tonight. Even when they're trying to do good they still cock it up.

Maestro
20-10-2016, 03:57 AM
Pep .......whaaaaaa!!!!!!!! :haha::haha::haha::haha:

alexander
20-10-2016, 05:57 AM
Well before the game I was in two minds about the line-up. Part of me wanted him to rest players, but in the past I have criticised him for changing up a winning team for what is deemed lesser opposition and we not only mess up the game, but the following one too because of it.
But the boys done good. Once we went three up there was no pressure, and meant the players could enjoy it more, and expel less energy. If it was 1 or 2 nil with 20 mins to go, there is much more pressure not to make s mistake. As it was we could rest some players, got a great result and the feel good factor will be really high, which must be good for the players.

I was firmly in the 'Wenger out' camp at the start of the season, but with his summer signings (in the end) and the way we are playing, he is doing all he can to change my mind that's for sure!

Marc Overmars
20-10-2016, 07:00 AM
For a team like us, who are pretty much bipolar in terms of form and confidence, it's best to keep the with the same players and ride the wave of momentum.

Ralpheroo72
20-10-2016, 11:07 AM
:wave:
Ludogrets, they don't work.

#RobbieWilliams

Özil's Panoramic View
20-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Fantastic display. Been yearning for a while for us to smash a pub team and was utterly disappointed when we declined the perfect opportunity to do it to the chavs. Hence, I'm quite pleased that we obliged here.

That said, I'm still firmly wenker out, as it will take more than our usual par for course seasonal run where we flat track bully the minnows. If wenker can keep the wheels on beyond the point of the season where they invariably fall off, thus keeping us in title contention right till the end, maybe then I'll have to do a bit of rethinking.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Fantastic display. Been yearning for a while for us to smash a pub team and was utterly disappointed when we declined the perfect opportunity to do it to the chavs. Hence, I'm quite pleased that we obliged here.

That said, I'm still firmly wenker out, as it will take more than our usual par for course seasonal run where we flat track bully the minnows. If wenker can keep the wheels on beyond the point of the season where they invariably fall off, thus keeping us in title contention right till the end, maybe then I'll have to do a bit of rethinking.

November will tell us what we need to know.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2016, 11:47 AM
I think we've all been duped enough times now to know better, we'll see in the spring what this team might be capable of. For now though lets just enjoy this refreshingly good period of form and leave the Wenger in/out stuff on the backburner.

Power n Glory
20-10-2016, 11:58 AM
I think we've all been duped enough times now to know better, we'll see in the spring what this team might be capable of. For now though lets just enjoy this refreshingly good period of form and leave the Wenger in/out stuff on the backburner.

:gp:

Best advice. It's been entertaining stuff so far. Odd dull games but not the week in week out dull rubbish we're used to seeing.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2016, 12:48 PM

Best advice. It's been entertaining stuff so far. Odd dull games but not the week in week out dull rubbish we're used to seeing.

3 out of 5 of the last games were worth watching. If we keep that ratio up for the remainder of the season then I'll be satisfied. I don't much care about the results, but I do like watching decent football and if the old goat delivers it on a fairly regular basis then he'd be starting to show why it's worth considering sticking with him. Long way to go yet.

AFC Leveller
20-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Good game, good goals and it could have been more if im honest.

fakeyank
20-10-2016, 02:54 PM
3 out of 5 of the last games were worth watching. If we keep that ratio up for the remainder of the season then I'll be satisfied. I don't much care about the results, but I do like watching decent football and if the old goat delivers it on a fairly regular basis then he'd be starting to show why it's worth considering sticking with him. Long way to go yet.

Do your best and at least try and entertain me, and that is enough for me. For all the shit of the past decade, AW will have to do something totes amazeballs for me to even consider having him sign a contract extension. We have seen this shit before and I will only believe it if we are in consideration for the PL and/or CL come April.

selassie
20-10-2016, 03:26 PM
I like how we are playing at the moment, we're playing good stuff, look organised, look determined and are winning games. We've seen this all before so for now I'm sitting on the fence, despite that..things do look good for us at the moment, positive signs. :)

alexander
20-10-2016, 06:37 PM
I like how we are playing at the moment, we're playing good stuff, look organised, look determined and are winning games. We've seen this all before so for now I'm sitting on the fence, despite that..things do look good for us at the moment, positive signs. :)

At least there are some of us that have climbed back on the fence and sitting on it, Im one. Im just enjoying it for what it is, and its been quite a while. NQ still 6 gardens down though, plenty far from the fence!

alexander
20-10-2016, 06:39 PM
I also read that we have only been beaten once in the last 17 games. Thats not bad, even if some of those games have been a bit boring.

Goonermerree
20-10-2016, 06:42 PM
It was a fantastic result, but in the cold twilight of this day, I have to say, we were a bit shaky defensively in the first half, better finishing would have resulted in goals for them. More organised second half and took our chances well.

adzzzbatch
20-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Easy as you like. Fantastic football.

Little bit sloppy in the first half, felt like we were on auto pilot at times but 2 quality goals from Alexis and Theo knocked the stuffing out of Ludo. Incredible turn around in confidence for Theo, he's really flying right now and I hope to god he can keep it up. What more can you say about Alexis eh? Stunning goal.

Exhibition stuff in the 2nd half, Ozil is an absolute boss.

It's great to see us scoring freely again, been a few seasons of really dire and pragmatic football but it looks like we've found that golden touch again.

Arsenal. :bow:
Keep up the good work lads.

UEFA. :doh:
Their respect campaign meant no beer was available in the stadium tonight. Even when they're trying to do good they still cock it up.

There's never booze at UEFA CL matches, unless you're in Club Level.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Interesting. Never realised, usually I have a few at the pub and don't bother drinking at the stadium, but I went straight from work last night and was gasping for a beer. At least I know now.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-10-2016, 04:18 AM
Stan Collymore:

Arsenal supporters will be going giddy over Mesut Ozil ’s hat-trick against a Bulgarian team who are going to finish bottom of their Champions League group.

These are the same punters who keep giving me some stick over a comment I made a couple of years ago that the German had the same look about him as Fernando Torres did at Chelsea.

The gifted playmaker was disinterested and lethargic; a pale shadow of what he had been at Real Madrid.

For me, Ozil epitomises what Arsenal have become — flat-track bullies.

They are capable of dispatching the likes of Ludogorets with ease. And Ozil will star in such matches.
But when it comes to the crunch – really big games that decide titles or make sure the Gunners progress in the Champions League against the likes of Bayern Munich – he is found wanting.
And until that changes, until Ozil proves he can play his part in an Arsenal team that can defeat the very best, you cannot put him into that *world-class bracket.

Having said that, I do concede he has had more of an effect at the Emirates than Torres ever did at Stamford Bridge!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mesut-ozil-epitomises-what-arsenal-9090800

:lol:

Marc Overmars
21-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Bullshit.

Ozil is a straight up G, he is obviously in the top tier of players in world football.

Power n Glory
21-10-2016, 08:08 AM
We have Spurs, Man Utd and PSG to play in November back to back. Perfect opportunity to show up and prove him otherwise. Stan's not far off from what has been said on here by our own fans. Our record against big teams hasn't been great and it's the same for Ozil's performances. We need to turn up for the big games. But as said last year, we're way beyond the point where we can look at one or two big games as some sort of litmus test to prove we're capable of winning the title. We just have to come out at the other end on top when the race is over. On far too many occasions we've looked like good money for the title but we've tripped up and been pipped when close to the finish. I won't believe we're capable until it's done and over.

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2016, 08:41 AM
Stan Collymore:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mesut-ozil-epitomises-what-arsenal-9090800

:lol:

He's no Rooney.

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2016, 08:46 AM
We have Spurs, Man Utd and PSG to play in November back to back. Perfect opportunity to show up and prove him otherwise. Stan's not far off from what has been said on here by our own fans. Our record against big teams hasn't been great and it's the same for Ozil's performances. We need to turn up for the big games. But as said last year, we're way beyond the point where we can look at one or two big games as some sort of litmus test to prove we're capable of winning the title. We just have to come out at the other end on top when the race is over. On far too many occasions we've looked like good money for the title but we've tripped up and been pipped when close to the finish. I won't believe we're capable until it's done and over.

Yep. I have zero faith in the manager's ability to get the team over the line ahead of the pack. I'm not even thinking about it. However, it's a bloody relief to see us playing football that's worth watching. Sometimes. Halting the seemingly inexorable slide in the quality and purpose of our game is something that's at least different from all the seasons before. Whatever the outcome, watching Ozil smash in hattricks is entertaining so I'll take it. And it's definitely better than watching some old has-been, never-was sticking his dick up the arsehole of a diseased old slag before beating her to a pulp in a shady car park.

Power n Glory
21-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Bullshit.

Ozil is a straight up G, he is obviously in the top tier of players in world football.

Definitely World Class. If Wayne Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard get the ‘World Class’ stamp, there is no question on Ozil.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-10-2016, 09:27 AM
Well yes world class can be stretched to mean whatever you want it to be, I would say Ozil is better than Lampard as his overall technical ability and on the pitch contribution is higher, Gerrard could have played for any top team in the world arguably at his best so probably deserves world class bracket.

Rooney has only scored over 20 goals four times from 14 seasons, so would never put him in world class bracket

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Well yes world class can be stretched to mean whatever you want it to be, I would say Ozil is better than Lampard as his overall technical ability and on the pitch contribution is higher, Gerrard could have played for any top team in the world arguably at his best so probably deserves world class bracket.

Rooney has only scored over 20 goals four times from 14 seasons, so would never put him in world class bracket

You are a hater. Bringing all your biased facts and reality to belittle England's greatest ever goalscorer against Slovenia.

fakeyank
21-10-2016, 01:23 PM

November, December and February has been our 'bogey months' for many years. IF we can get over Utd and Sp*rs without any soul crushing defeats this November, we could possibly start thanking the Lord of goats. I dont include PSG in there because I really dont care about the CL.. we aint gonna win that unless we have the best of draws. Out of Utd and Spurs, I just want us to beat Mourinho once... that could do a world of wonders to the morale of the team. Spurs, I can live with a draw.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Boro (H) Sunderland (A) Spurs (H) United (A), Bournemouth (H), West Ham (A), Stoke (H) Everton (A) Man City (A) West Brom (H)

Next ten fixtures which takes us up to the end of the year

I think we need to be looking for seven wins from these games if we are serious about winning the titles.