PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Sunderland (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
29-10-2016, 01:24 PM
23 points, 23 goals.

Not bad.

The Emirates Gallactico
29-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Got to admit I was pretty livid when they equalised, thought it was going to be one of those days again where we dominate and spurn chances only to see it kick us in the rear end. Well done to Giroud and whilst it doesn't change anything about who should be number 1 striker (Alexis), it was mightily impressive to see Giroud's hunger to force his way back into the team.

Best Plan B in the PL tbh.

Kano
29-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Scoring goals no problem this season, good resilience in the team at the moment too. Xhaka and Rambo back to help out in the middle and hopefully Santi for the NLD next weekend too.

Great performance, saw out the game very well, well done to Bif and Alexis.

A defeat is on the horizon some point soon, just hope it isn't next Saturday.

Goonermerree
29-10-2016, 01:29 PM
We are top of the league, say we are top of the league.:cheer::scarf::yippee::yippee:

To be honest, I thought it was going to be 'one of those games', Giroud came on and turned it around. Two goals from his first two touches.:bow:

RomfordPele
29-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Great result but we are still sketchy as hell at seeing out games.

Let's hope we haven't picked up any knocks for the NLD. They were a proper bunch of cloggers.

Maestro
Great result in the end but this team does worry me. That game could have turned on us and we really need to be more ruthless.

We have a good squad now the manager just needs to ensure we are in it and flat track bully the likes of Sunderland, Borough etc

Master Splinter
Atkinson :haha:.

Marc Overmars
29-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Goals :bow:

Top of the league. Good stuff.

Maestro
29-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Atkinson :haha:.

One of the several cuntish referees we have to beat in this league

Globalgunner
29-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Just seen the disallowed penalty on Alexis. Completely blatant cheating by Atkinson.

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2016, 01:46 PM
Just seen the disallowed penalty on Alexis. Completely blatant cheating by Atkinson.

Thought Alexis could have been stronger, but it was a clear penalty and the only reason for it not being given must be because the ref's a cheat. No other possible explanation. And a red card too. Probably why he waved it on, too gutless to apply the rules. But he had no problem at the other end. He's always been a terrible ref.

The Emirates Gallactico
29-10-2016, 01:58 PM
And here is the Sunderland manager, David Moyes, with his views on the match.

He tells BBC Sport: "It was tough to take and I certainly didn't think we deserved to lose 4-1. We put up a really good show to stick with Arsenal when they were good.

"We fought really hard to stay in the game and we grew into the game. We were the better team at one each, but they have that quality.

"If you lose goals to Arsenal with great interplay then you hold your hands up but I'm disappointed we lost two goals to crosses."

Moyes :lol::lol:

You were lucky not to lose that 10 - 1!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
29-10-2016, 02:08 PM
He's saying they were the better team for five minutes. :lol:

Also, Moyes. :haha:

Can't believe he said about taking some of the players to visit the Nissan plant, says he will be looking for a job. :doh:

GP
29-10-2016, 02:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTTYTuoQLuU

LDG
29-10-2016, 08:13 PM
Watching the goals back is so much more satisfying when you here the defeat in the co-comentators voice.

LDG
29-10-2016, 08:19 PM
He's saying they were the better team for five minutes. :lol:

Also, Moyes. :haha:

Can't believe he said about taking some of the players to visit the Nissan plant, says he will be looking for a job. :doh:

Agreed. That's micra-management.

adzzzbatch
29-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Watching the goals back is so much more satisfying when you here the defeat in the co-comentators voice.

Alan Smith?

Agreed. That's micra-management.

:doh:

:getcoat:

LDG
29-10-2016, 08:28 PM
Think it was Gerry Armstrong. Fuckin spud.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-10-2016, 07:04 AM
I like Gerry Armstrong as a co-commentator, although he has a bizarre habit of thinking he is actually the lead commentator and the producer.

There was a Spud in the Sunderland end for some reaon.

Globalgunner
30-10-2016, 10:03 AM
I like Gerry Armstrong as a co-commentator, although he has a bizarre habit of thinking he is actually the lead commentator and the producer.

Thats what Americans like to call mission creep

selassie
31-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Another very good and important win. I caught the highlights on Arsenal.com and from what I saw we pretty much dominated the game from start to finish.

We are very clinical this season, no messing about when it comes to putting away our chances.

A couple of big games coming up, CL on Tuesday followed by a NLD which is going to be very very tough IMO.

Power n Glory
31-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Elneny and Coquelin the middle again today. So what happened for things to work in this game?

selassie
31-10-2016, 10:15 AM
Elneny and Coquelin the middle again today. So what happened for things to work in this game?

Sunderland are shite? ;)

Nah on a serious note Elneny was a bit more adventurous from what I saw...especially in the second half.

I'm not sure those two will work against the Spuds though, Coquelin should definitely play but I'd be inclined to bring in Santi assuming he is fit, maybe even Ramsey on the right to combat their high press.

If Santi and Theo are back next week we have a deep squad to choose from.