PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Ludogorets (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
01-11-2016, 09:35 PM
I never doubted us.

Mesut. :bow:

GOAT.

GP
01-11-2016, 09:37 PM
Lovely.

hobson's choice
01-11-2016, 09:38 PM
Please no Ramsey on Sunday

Kano
01-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Job done.

Time to mash some Spuds.

Marc Overmars
01-11-2016, 09:40 PM
Excellent recovery. Qualification sorted.

What a goal from Ozil! :bow:

On to the Spuds. :popcorn:

Globalgunner
01-11-2016, 09:40 PM
Job done.

Time to mash some Spuds.

Hear, Hear (stands up and sits)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-11-2016, 09:41 PM
Embarassing display.

Ramsey clearly has special needs, can't even trap a ball anymore

Goonermerree
01-11-2016, 09:47 PM
Not an easy game, just because we trashed them at The Grove didn't mean we were going to trash them tonight. A couple of quick goals, normally that would have seen us struggling to score, but we battled and got the win. A good win all in all.

adzzzbatch
01-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Embarassing display.

Ramsey clearly has special needs, can't even trap a ball anymore

Harsh on Ramsey tbh.

17 consecutive seasons in the knock out round is all very nice. About time we won the fucking thing!

Goonermerree
01-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Harsh on Ramsey tbh.

17 consecutive seasons in the knock out round is all very nice. About time we won the fucking thing!

Can't disagree with that.

Xhaka Can’t
01-11-2016, 10:03 PM
A poor performance but showed enough character to get us out of the hole we dug for ourselves.

Master Splinter
01-11-2016, 10:03 PM
Arsenal :bow:.

Ozil :bow:.

Wenger :bow:.

Penguin
01-11-2016, 10:32 PM
What a goal Ozil :bow:

After we levelled it I thought we would come out all guns blazing but we were awful in the second half. It's hard to play with Giroud up front by himself, he's too slow and static. Alexis is much more dynamic and unpredictable.

What's going on with our defending? Gibbs and Jenkinson aren't good enough but even with Bellerin and Monreal in the side we've been getting cut open. Need to sort ourselves out right now because we won't keep getting away with it.

Ernesto
01-11-2016, 10:35 PM
Good result. Fantastic goal from Ozil.

Very interesting game against PSG coming up. I'd love to think we can beat a big team at home and secure progression at the top of the group. It's been a long time coming. The euphoria would be on a par with Bayern Munich a year ago and the two home games against Barcelona a few years ago in the knockout stages

Niall_Quinn
01-11-2016, 10:42 PM
Wenger is the most incredible twat imaginable. He'll always find a way to fuck up. Always. We'll never win anything with this dick in charge. Ozil pulls his sorry incompetent arse from the fire but wait until you see the shit talk about the spirit and blah, blah, blah bollocks as if he's not a completely fucking incompetent moron. He needs to fuck off so we can get a proper manager in here.

Kano
01-11-2016, 10:47 PM
Class that needs to be watched again and again

http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/ludogorets-vs-arsenal/goaaal-mesut-ozil-2-3-let-the-bodies-hit-the-floor.html

Gooner23
01-11-2016, 10:49 PM
I just hope he reverts back to our strongest team for the spuds. Giroud is a good option to have on the bench. And Iwobi is better than Ramsey.

Kano
01-11-2016, 10:51 PM
Iwobi needed a break and it was a smart move to put him on the bench today. Alexis will be back upfront on Sunday.

Gooner23
01-11-2016, 10:57 PM
Yep I had no issues giving him a break tonight and getting Ramsey some game time. I'd just be disappointed if Iwobi loses his place, which has happened before with junior players making way for Wenger's favourites.

Kano
01-11-2016, 11:19 PM
If he doesn't realise his strongest eleven now, he never will.

Marc Overmars
01-11-2016, 11:32 PM
I imagine Iwobi will be back in for Sunday. Barring injuries I think our first 11 picks itself this season.

Ralpheroo72
02-11-2016, 08:41 AM
Ozil's form at club level now is amazing. 3 points tonight, when all looked lost after 15 minutes. Nice job.

Marc Overmars
02-11-2016, 09:03 AM
Spuds then United to come now. :popcorn:

Nice to head into these big games in a rich vein of form for once.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Spuds then United to come now. :popcorn:

Nice to head into these big games in a rich vein of form for once.

Hmmm that comes with a big fat caveat

Has our form really been that good, or have we just been beating teams we should be beating

Since the internationals we have had possibly the easiest games we are going to play all season, and yet we didn't even win all of them, it also contained an unnecessary massive struggle against both Swansea and Ludogorets last night

Frankly the only big win we've got this season is against Chelsea and they were awful, I think unless we play far better than we have all season, I expect Spurs to win comfortably.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 09:17 AM
Our defending has really been careless this season

Some of the goals we've conceded are just embarassing

Our attacking fluidity has I admit improved, but this only appears to happen in spells and often we are doing pass, pass, pass, sideways pass, backwards pass

Even our own players get sick of it, into the second half Koscielny just drove forward with the ball and that run created our first shot on goal for about ten minutes.

Power n Glory
02-11-2016, 09:21 AM
I’ll check the highlights later tonight. Sounds like a shit game with a sublime finish. The midfield having no control over the game is a worry because it’s a combination that should have that balance of defence, distribution and creativity. Giroud up front starting games doesn’t work. Wenger needs to learn this lesson quickly. 3 goals in 2 games should be enough for any striker to get back into the first team but not if it stifles the rest of the team. This is exactly where we went wrong last season when Walcott got injured. We don’t need a striker that can hold up the ball. We need mobility and pace.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 09:26 AM
Again I hate to have to underline this again, this is a Bulgarian team. Our main striker could be Corky from Life Goes on (not Wayne Rooney who looks like Corky from life goes on) and we should still find a way to win.

Their defence was more porous than a Chinese girls face.

Power n Glory
02-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Again I hate to have to underline this again, this is a Bulgarian team. Our main striker could be Corky from Life Goes on (not Wayne Rooney who looks like Corky from life goes on) and we should still find a way to win.

Kind of underpins how wrong we've got things in that case. Not sure if all can be put down to Giroud and his style, have to watch the game, but it says a lot that we struggled.

Gooner23
02-11-2016, 10:10 AM
To be fair I don't think having Ramsey and Sanchez on the wings helps much either, both like to come inside and congest the middle. There is a really nice balance with Walcott and Iwobi on the flanks.

Giroud still has an important role to play, he is a good alternative to Sanchez and a proven goalscorer. I really don't know where I stand on Ramsey though, I don't think he merits all of the criticism he gets but I also cant see an obvious position for him. Perhaps to be used as a back up for Ozil in his new more attacking role, making runs in behind the striker (Sanchez or Giroud). Yet Wenger often seems to want to crowbar him into the starting line up, even if to the detriment of the balance of the side.

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2016, 10:43 AM

Our attacking fluidity has I admit improved, but this only appears to happen in spells and often we are doing pass, pass, pass, sideways pass, backwards pass

Even our own players get sick of it, into the second half Koscielny just drove forward with the ball and that run created our first shot on goal for about ten minutes.

Wenger tried to play it safe last night. We were all wondering if he'd rest players or go full strength, because those were the two logical options. Of course this is Wenger so he outfoxed us again by pulling a turd from his bag of shit that nobody had considered. Don't rest the key men (which I agree with), instead fuck with their positions, rip the pace out of the team, and install a lamppost up top. Then tippety tap it all night long and wait for a breakthrough against a team he underestimated as usual. A piece of Ozil magic makes it look like it worked, if you only focus on the scoreline. 9 times out 10 that last goal is never going to happen like that. Brilliant goal, brilliant individual skill, but that's what Wenger left us relying on in order to stay in front of PSG.

If he wanted to rest Iwobi then why put him on the plane at all? The guy rested by flying to Bulgaria and back. Fucking stupid. Either rest him or don't.

Now we all have to wait to see if the managerial maestro we are blessed with finds a way to work Giroud into his plans for Sunday. A little bit of panic and a run to safety is what we need for our first real test in weeks. Play it safe. Rely on the defence he plainly doesn't bother working with to keep it tight and see if we can nick a 1-0. That should work.

Wenger IS the handbrake. Whenever we start to get some momentum he does something incredibly stupid. He should stay at home for November and let the lads get on with it. Huge month that will properly test our title credentials and I believe we have the players that can meet the test. But the manager. Damn. He's a hell of a hurdle to have to keep jumping over.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Perhaps, i have no doubt of the individual talent of the side but many of them have all the character and personality of a Victoria sponge

The idea that they are prisoners of Wenger's regimented system is overstated to say the least, they play the tippy tappy passing football because it is their natural recourse.....so there would be in my mind no noticeable improvement even if Wenger was sent on Sabbatical to Capri with Sonia Tatar.

selassie
02-11-2016, 10:50 AM

Yeah we were a mess at the back last night, Ospina looked very shakey, as did all of the back four, our full backs especially, closely followed by Mustafi who I thought was awful.

Obviously our 2 first choice full backs and Cech were missing but we need to sort it out at the back as I agree it's not the first time we've given away really poor goals.

I think with the return of Theo, Santi and Iwobi our offensive play will improve, we clearly look a much better side with Sanchez upfront flanked by Theo and Iwobi.

Kano
02-11-2016, 12:30 PM
To be fair I don't think having Ramsey and Sanchez on the wings helps much either, both like to come inside and congest the middle. There is a really nice balance with Walcott and Iwobi on the flanks.

Giroud still has an important role to play, he is a good alternative to Sanchez and a proven goalscorer. I really don't know where I stand on Ramsey though, I don't think he merits all of the criticism he gets but I also cant see an obvious position for him. Perhaps to be used as a back up for Ozil in his new more attacking role, making runs in behind the striker (Sanchez or Giroud). Yet Wenger often seems to want to crowbar him into the starting line up, even if to the detriment of the balance of the side.

Ramsey works better on the wing, he worked out perfectly well there for most of 2015. An extra man that can get forward, put in a cross (as we saw last night), come inside as an extra man in midfield, make runs beyond and off Giroud and protect the right side when Bellerin the right back pushes forward. None of the roles in the front four are rigid, they all interchange. Even Giroud was coming out to the wings to pick up the ball, and of course was the one that got back to win it in our own half, onto Elneny who chipped it over to Ozil for the winner. Our defence was a key problem last night, that is where the mistakes came from - two shots, two goals. It's been a problem all season and last night the opposition made the most of it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 12:37 PM
He works better when not played at all, yes he put in a good cross last night. But Ox put in a good cross on saturday he was in all other aspects utter dross and Ramsey was even worse.

Kano
02-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Yes of course.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-11-2016, 12:49 PM

Ludograts aren't a joke though especially at their place.

Real Madrid scraped through with a 2 - 1 win last year and Pool required a dodgy last minute pelanty to win there. PSG also went one down before coming back.

hobson's choice
02-11-2016, 12:54 PM
He works better when not played at all, yes he put in a good cross last night. But Ox put in a good cross on saturday he was in all other aspects utter dross and Ramsey was even worse.

This is my only worry this season, Wenger will keep sticking him in the lineup, regardless of his play.

I hate to pile so much on one player, but Ramsey needs to leave this club.

Maestro
02-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Wenger tried to play it safe last night. We were all wondering if he'd rest players or go full strength, because those were the two logical options. Of course this is Wenger so he outfoxed us again by pulling a turd from his bag of shit that nobody had considered. Don't rest the key men (which I agree with), instead fuck with their positions, rip the pace out of the team, and install a lamppost up top. Then tippety tap it all night long and wait for a breakthrough against a team he underestimated as usual. A piece of Ozil magic makes it look like it worked, if you only focus on the scoreline. 9 times out 10 that last goal is never going to happen like that. Brilliant goal, brilliant individual skill, but that's what Wenger left us relying on in order to stay in front of PSG.

If he wanted to rest Iwobi then why put him on the plane at all? The guy rested by flying to Bulgaria and back. Fucking stupid. Either rest him or don't.

Now we all have to wait to see if the managerial maestro we are blessed with finds a way to work Giroud into his plans for Sunday. A little bit of panic and a run to safety is what we need for our first real test in weeks. Play it safe. Rely on the defence he plainly doesn't bother working with to keep it tight and see if we can nick a 1-0. That should work.

Wenger IS the handbrake. Whenever we start to get some momentum he does something incredibly stupid. He should stay at home for November and let the lads get on with it. Huge month that will properly test our title credentials and I believe we have the players that can meet the test. But the manager. Damn. He's a hell of a hurdle to have to keep jumping over.

That's exactly how I saw it. Just could not believe he would shunt Sanchez back out wide to accommodate Giroud, .....after how Sanchez up top has completely transformed our attacking potency, unbelievably dumb ass move. If Sanchez is on the pitch he should be up top as the striker, unless Giroud has come on as a sub in a game we either winning comfortably or chasing desperately.

Maestro
02-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Could the slacking dicktaking, sorry dictating, mods please unlock the spuds match thread, thank you.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Ludograts aren't a joke though especially at their place.

Real Madrid scraped through with a 2 - 1 win last year and Pool required a dodgy last minute pelanty to win there. PSG also went one down before coming back.

Liverpool only actually drew there, but this was a Liverpool side that finished below Basel in the table

Power n Glory
02-11-2016, 01:31 PM
That's exactly how I saw it. Just could not believe he would shunt Sanchez back out wide to accommodate Giroud, .....after how Sanchez up top has completely transformed our attacking potency, unbelievably dumb ass move. If Sanchez is on the pitch he should be up top as the striker, unless Giroud has come on as a sub in a game we either winning comfortably or chasing desperately.

Yeah, agree with NQ on that one. We were talking about resting players yesterday and it's really a dumb move from Wenger. Totally left field and not what we were expecting at all. Disrupted our momentum with the player changes whilst key players were featured.

Giroud scoring 3 goals in 2 games....I really worry Wenger will try to shoehorn him back into the squad. If hes thinking of shifting Alexis to a 'wide forward' role with Giroud as striker, we're screwed.

Power n Glory
02-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Could the slacking dicktaking, sorry dictating, mods please unlock the spuds match thread, thank you.

:lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Yeah, agree with NQ on that one. We were talking about resting players yesterday and it's really a dumb move from Wenger. Totally left field and not what we were expecting at all. Disrupted our momentum with the player changes whilst key players were featured.

Giroud scoring 3 goals in 2 games....I really worry Wenger will try to shoehorn him back into the squad. If hes thinking of shifting Alexis to a 'wide forward' role with Giroud as striker, we're screwed.

If he does it against Spurs i would agree, i'm hoping that he just used yesterday's game as a fixture where he could bring players back and give them game time so they are fresher when called from the bench.

That it went so calamitously wrong against a side that would struggle in League One, was partly tactical but mostly the players need to look at themselves

selassie
02-11-2016, 01:58 PM
This is my only worry this season, Wenger will keep sticking him in the lineup, regardless of his play.

I hate to pile so much on one player, but Ramsey needs to leave this club.

I'm more worried about what Wenger has planned for Giroud, I hope he doesn't start screwing around with attack like he did last night, I truly hope Giroud is just an option from the bench or Cup games, that's all he is needed for.

The Ramsey situation is a worry too, he's a bench player for us now IMO, just like Giroud.

Gooner23
02-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Ramsey works better on the wing, he worked out perfectly well there for most of 2015. An extra man that can get forward, put in a cross (as we saw last night), come inside as an extra man in midfield, make runs beyond and off Giroud and protect the right side when Bellerin the right back pushes forward. None of the roles in the front four are rigid, they all interchange. Even Giroud was coming out to the wings to pick up the ball, and of course was the one that got back to win it in our own half, onto Elneny who chipped it over to Ozil for the winner. Our defence was a key problem last night, that is where the mistakes came from - two shots, two goals. It's been a problem all season and last night the opposition made the most of it.

I don't really agree that Ramsey is best placed there, but my point was more about having two wide players coming infield.

Power n Glory
02-11-2016, 02:20 PM
I don't really agree that Ramsey is best placed there, but my point was more about having two wide players coming infield.

But Wally and Iwobi come infield too.

Ramsey really needs to step his game up but still think he may have a chance to flourish playing in a different set up. But if he can't sort his first touch out, forget it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 02:23 PM

Ramsey really needs to step his game up but still think he may have a chance to flourish playing in a different set up. But if he can't sort his first touch out, forget it.

He is 25 not 16, if you can't get your first touch right by this age you have absolutely no hope.

Power n Glory
02-11-2016, 02:26 PM
He is 25 not 16, if you can't get your first touch right by this age you have absolutely no hope.

It's his first start for us and it might be rust.

Gooner23
02-11-2016, 02:28 PM

Iwobi yes, but Walcott plays higher up looking to make runs in between full back and centre back

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 02:33 PM
It's his first start for us and it might be rust.

You say that as if he's first touch has ever been good, it hasn't

Ramsey has always needed a touch or two to bring a ball under control, you don't get that time at the highest level

Liverpool are doing well at the moment (in an attacking sense anyway, they have no chance of winning the title because you just cannot defend like they do and win) because one thing Klopp has done well with them is getting them to do one touch passing....something Ramsey is totally incapable of.

Power n Glory
02-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Iwobi yes, but Walcott plays higher up looking to make runs in between full back and centre back

Isn't that an example of Walcott coming infield but higher to play more like a wide forward?

Power n Glory
02-11-2016, 03:27 PM
You say that as if he's first touch has ever been good, it hasn't

Ramsey has always needed a touch or two to bring a ball under control, you don't get that time at the highest level

Liverpool are doing well at the moment (in an attacking sense anyway, they have no chance of winning the title because you just cannot defend like they do and win) because one thing Klopp has done well with them is getting them to do one touch passing....something Ramsey is totally incapable of.

It had to be decent for him to survive this long in the team and have that one great season. I know what you mean about his touch being heavy and sloppy at times but I think it's a case of inconsistency and confidence. But saying that, I have no patience for it. If he gets his chance in the first team and keeps screwing up, I'll be happy to see him shipped out.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 03:39 PM
No it's not inconsistent at all, he can't trap a ball. He needs a few touches to get his bearings and sometimes he has been fortunate enough to get away with it.

Mate of mine is even harsher on Ramsey thinks he cannot read the game at all, and thinks he is a league one player. Now I think that's silly, but he has no pace, his first touch is non existent, his tackling is inconsistent as is his passing and he is often someone who puts team mates into trouble.

I do think what goes for him is that he puts himself about, he covers a lot of ground and is prepared to take on goal scoring half chances more than most other midfielders. He is reasonably OK in certain technical aspects, his crossing is reasonably good and he can dribble reasonably well.

He is a confidence player who goes through good spells and is capable of scoring goals that distinctly average players cannot. Looking at his repertoire there are some absolute screamers and world class strikes in there.

But a squad player not someone who can or should ever command a first team place

Kano
02-11-2016, 03:49 PM

But that's my point, the system is set up to be fluid. So while Iwobi, Feo and Alexis has worked the best so far and should continue to, form dips will occur for a young player like Iwobi, injuries to Feo (as always) and so we need other options if Perez is out too and no Welbeck. Ramsey offers a lot there and a lot of teams employ a player that sticks wide on one side and a player that comes inside on the other if needs be. Mane or Coutinho aren't really wide players at heart. Nor is Eriksen or Son for the Spuds. Rashford out wide Utd. Hazard and Pedro like to come in a lot for Chelsea. Feo does the same when Alex drops off. All moving in and out of positions to keep the opposition on their toes. Ramsey's role shouldn't and isn't solely about hugging the touch line.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Ease of the Ramsey abuse guys: it was his first game back starting and he didn't look any worse than Iwobi has in any of his recent games (he's dipped after a strong start). I know it's a tendency of the Arsenal fanbase to suddenly pick on one guy to abuse (it was Coquelin at the start of the season) but come on now.

Like it or not, it's about balance in the wide positions. We go with one explosive dribbler on one side (Ox/Theo/Alexis) and a more silky playmaker in the other position which will probably be a battle between Iwobi and Ramsey. It's something that's worked well for us.

Power n Glory
02-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Ease of the Ramsey abuse guys: it was his first game back starting and he didn't look any worse than Iwobi has in any of his recent games (he's dipped after a strong start). I know it's a tendency of the Arsenal fanbase to suddenly pick on one guy to abuse (it was Coquelin at the start of the season) but come on now.

Like it or not, it's about balance in the wide positions. We go with one explosive dribbler on one side (Ox/Theo/Alexis) and a more silky playmaker in the other position which will probably be a battle between Iwobi and Ramsey. It's something that's worked well for us.

It's not even me this. Not a fan of his but I'm trying to defend him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 05:32 PM
Brass tacks, the reason Ramsey gets played or more importantly shoe horned there is because we can no longer play him in a deeper role in the middle

Like I said previously his crossing isn't bad, and sometimes he is there to receive a decent pass wide, but to play on the wing you need a decent first touch and you need pace and Ramsey has neither.

Many of our attacks came down the left because we had no speed merchants on the right last night

Letters
03-11-2016, 08:42 AM
If my maths are right that's W12 D3 L1 so far this season.

Wenger out!

GP
03-11-2016, 08:56 AM
If my maths are right that's W12 D3 L1 so far this season.

Wenger out!

Spurs' last 6 are DDDLDL

Just saying.

Letters
03-11-2016, 09:04 AM
No idea why some think people they'll roll us over at the weekend.
They're a good side and I can see it going either way but we're a good side too.
FOYS.

Marc Overmars
03-11-2016, 09:27 AM
TBH I don't think form has ever really mattered in the NLD, we both tend to raise our game and are capable of getting a result against the odds.

I reckon we'll edge them out anyway. They're potentially without Kane, Dembele and Alderweireld. We've got to be confident.

Letters
03-11-2016, 09:42 AM
I don't think form matters that much in any game really but when we were a much better side than them we basically never lost to them.
Then they got good and it's been a lot more mixed.
I fancy us to nick it but it's not a gimme.

Power n Glory
03-11-2016, 09:57 AM
They're killing Xhaka on the Arsenal Vision podcast. They say his defending is really bad and real problem for us.

Chippy
03-11-2016, 09:32 PM
Yeah we were a mess at the back last night, Ospina looked very shakey, as did all of the back four, our full backs especially, closely followed by Mustafi who I thought was awful.

Obviously our 2 first choice full backs and Cech were missing but we need to sort it out at the back as I agree it's not the first time we've given away really poor goals.

I think with the return of Theo, Santi and Iwobi our offensive play will improve, we clearly look a much better side with Sanchez upfront flanked by Theo and Iwobi.

In my opinion, Mustafi is no better than Merts! Maybe just a bit quicker. I would bring in Holding TBH.

GP
03-11-2016, 09:46 PM

Chippy
03-11-2016, 10:02 PM

:shrug:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-11-2016, 10:03 PM
I'm tempted to bet money Kane will be back but Dembele is much of a muchness and virtually no direct goal threat despite his ability and Alderweireld's a big miss for them but Dier (who I assume is deputising) is very good.

The ArsenalVision did go to town on Xhaka to my surprise a little but our midfield really was bypassed far too easily against Cluedo and in no small part due to Xhaka.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-11-2016, 10:14 PM
Very harsh on Ramsey's first touch Sherbert....

Kano
03-11-2016, 11:27 PM
I'm tempted to bet money Kane will be back but Dembele is much of a muchness and virtually no direct goal threat despite his ability and Alderweireld's a big miss for them but Dier (who I assume is deputising) is very good.

The ArsenalVision did go to town on Xhaka to my surprise a little but our midfield really was bypassed far too easily against Cluedo and in no small part due to Xhaka.

Dembele is a scrote that keeps them ticking over from the back, Pochettino rates him very highly, sees him as integral. As soon as he went out last season, they fell to pieces. Dire is another scrote. Like Lamela and Alli. A big part of their game is constantly fouling, breaking up flow of opposition, running around like cockroaches. Hopefully they play just as bad or worse than the other night. They've been dull since the start of the season.

We had Elneny and Coq against Boro and they had better chances than we did, little was done to protect the back four then. Doesn't come down to Xhaka alone. The right pairings have to be found and they don't always happen by design, as we found with Cazorla and Coq. In fact, all of the best teams over time haven't been planned down to the last atom. The other problem now of having so many options for the first team is figuring out which ones work best and the only way to do that is in game time unfortunately.

Power n Glory
04-11-2016, 10:38 AM

It was a good episode. I still haven’t seen the game but it’s not the first time someone has mentioned Xhaka’s defending. Wenger came out in the press conference recently and said he was concerned about his discipline ahead of the NLD.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsene-wenger-admits-concerns-over-9185914
They touched on this topic before Wenger’s comments on the podcast and it is a concern for us tactically. If he’s being bypassed easily, they’re right to be concerned. He cost a lot and I would have thought he’d be able to defend as well considering the price tag and position. Time will tell and he’ll have to adjust quickly. He should do. It does slightly explain Wenger’s box to box comments.
They touched on a lot stuff I agree with. The Giroud conundrum and how he effects our game, Ozil stepping up his game, pushing for more goals and taking more responsibility….it’s a really good podcast. It will be interesting to see what the team selection is for the NLD.