PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs West Ham United (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Alexis. :bow:

Give him the matchball.

And the Olympic stadium.

And a wolf.

:bow:

fakeyank
03-12-2016, 07:27 PM
VE VILL VIN BPL :scarf:

GP
03-12-2016, 07:27 PM
Brilliant.

Kano
03-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Second place :bow:

Highest scorers :bow:

Undefeated since the first game :bow:

WMUG
03-12-2016, 07:29 PM
Stupid stream kept fucking up and I missed the last 3 goals.

Good to see a good old fashioned thrashing though, feels like we don't get enough of those!

GP
03-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Alexis is different class.

Struggling to remember a better hat-trick than that. Pure quality.

Kano
03-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Stupid stream kept fucking up and I missed the last 3 goals.

Good to see a good old fashioned thrashing though, feels like we don't get enough of those!

Would be nice if the wasteful tag was dropped though.

We've played 22 games and in 11 games scored 3 or more. This team scores plenty of goals, that's for sure.

Maestro
03-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Fantastic victory today, well done team.

Alexis Sanchez is putting a lot of so called professional footballers to shame. Brilliant work ethic and ability. Best player in the league.

Marc Overmars
03-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Well done boys, certainly wasn't expecting that!!

Alexis. :bow:

Please sign.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Liked the cut of Chamberlain's jib today......how nice to say that for a change!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-12-2016, 07:39 PM
I whinged so much yesterday about how I don't enjoy watching Arsenal play

That was the perfect response

Alexis top drawer

And special mention to the Ox who just got better and better as the game went on, scored a lovely goal and looks a danger to defences on the left

Goonermerree
03-12-2016, 07:40 PM
Brilliant!! Alexis is the deal.

edit Oh by the way, did I say that I love him

LDG
03-12-2016, 07:42 PM

Bergkamp v Leicester?

LDG
03-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Top result. So good to finally do a biggun'. (Fnar)

Love it.

:scarf:

GP
03-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Bergkamp v Leicester?

It's up there. Long time ago, that.

WMUG
03-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Liked the cut of Chamberlain's jib today......how nice to say that for a change!

Had to get in a shot that went for a throw in to balance it out though.

LDG
03-12-2016, 07:46 PM
It's up there. Long time ago, that.

Fuck I feel old.

dostoy
03-12-2016, 07:47 PM
Crazy result.

Very pleased.

We simply MUST not let Ozil or Alexis go.

Get it done Wenger.

GP
03-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Had to get in a shot that went for a throw in to balance it out though.

That one was for his butterface girlfriend.

Master Splinter
03-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Great win at the Alexis Sanchez Sanchez stadium.

Ox, after a dubious start, finally put in a good performance over 90 minutes. WUMger to drop him? If he doesn't kick on now, he's beyond hope.

Ref was really shit again. We're allowed to say this because we won and played well today.

Niall_Quinn
03-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Thought the offside goal swung what was a tight match.

Kano
03-12-2016, 09:06 PM

https://youtu.be/xrYO3J7KqnU

For what it meant at that moment in the season

AFC Leveller
03-12-2016, 09:19 PM
Great win, some really good goals and a world class performance from Alexis. He has got to sign da ting , same goes for Ozil who was brilliant as well.

Unbeaten away from home since February, decent record.

Goonermerree
03-12-2016, 09:30 PM

We'd just been knocked out of the FA cup and the CL and were in danger of slipping up in the league.

Kano
03-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Great win, some really good goals and a world class performance from Alexis. He has got to sign da ting , same goes for Ozil who was brilliant as well.

Unbeaten away from home since February, decent record.
Home has never been the same since we left Highbury.

You bag the best home record in the league and the title comes with that.

adzzzbatch
03-12-2016, 09:35 PM

That was epic! Henry ran rings round liverpool that match :bow: :bow: :bow:

Kano
We'd just been knocked out of the FA cup and the CL and were in danger of slipping up in the league.

Yep. Huge moment in the season that one.

Kano
That was epic! Henry ran rings round liverpool that match :bow: :bow: :bow:

Carragher was always his onfield bitch :lol:

adzzzbatch
03-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Carragher was always his onfield bitch :lol:

So very true! :lol:

Imagine Alexis and Thierry in his prime in the same team :cloud9:

alexander
03-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Fuck I feel old.

I was 17 and on my first holiday away with mates in Newquay. I remember being drunk and watching that game in the hotel.

Oh to be young again!

Chippy
03-12-2016, 11:46 PM
I was 17 and on my first holiday away with mates in Newquay. I remember being drunk and watching that game in the hotel.

Oh to be young again!

Fuck! I am 50 in May! I remember going to the 1987 league cup final v Liverpool! Tee hee! I remember meeting lofty and Cathy from East Enders on that day. Charlie, Charlie!

Özil's Panoramic View
04-12-2016, 12:08 AM
Didn't get to see game, but caught the highlights. Sanchez is just a remarkable player. Absolutely brilliant hat trick in a game wherever he stood head and shoulders above everyone else. Any manager worth his salt would be ensuring everything is done to hang onto to him. Safe to say he's gone then.

Loved the Ox's strike from outside the area. Fair play to him having the stones to defy his manager's instructions to only knock it in 3 yards from the goal line after the 500th pass. That's him consigned to the bench again, however.

Only bit of gripe was that lanky pikey getting on the score sheet, possibly for the 1st time this season. Why always us with these shit players is one of the great wonders of the world.

All in all, a proper result and it was good to see us delivering one other reminiscent pummeling of a mid table team. I look at the table and see us within touching distance of top spot, that BIlbo Baggins moment of wanting to possess the ring one more time starts to creep up, but I immediately snap back to reality.

Power n Glory
04-12-2016, 12:31 AM
Heck of a performance from Sanchez.

Marc Overmars
04-12-2016, 06:04 AM
That little step over before his third goal. :bow:

Beast of a player.

Ernesto
04-12-2016, 07:38 AM
Fuck! I am 50 in May! I remember going to the 1987 league cup final v Liverpool! Tee hee! I remember meeting lofty and Cathy from East Enders on that day. Charlie, Charlie!

Lofty is a really nice fella, isn't he? Does a lot of work for Arsenal in the executive class. (I think that's what it's called...when you pay more for a ticket and have guest speakers before and after the game?)

Didn't know Cathy was a Gooner.

Yeah the Bergkamp and Henry hat-trixks were better. Alexis is some player though!

Chippy
04-12-2016, 08:19 AM
Lofty is a really nice fella, isn't he? Does a lot of work for Arsenal in the executive class. (I think that's what it's called...when you pay more for a ticket and have guest speakers before and after the game?)

Didn't know Cathy was a Gooner.

Yeah the Bergkamp and Henry hat-trixks were better. Alexis is some player though!

He was very nice. They were also with one other guy, cannot remember the characters name but he was the short gay bloke, Colin's boyfriend I think? Cathy was a bit tasty in those days :D We also beat the Scousers 2-1! It is was the first time Liverpool lost after Ian Rush had scored first for them! Great day!

AFC Leveller
04-12-2016, 08:28 AM
That little step over before his third goal. :bow:

Beast of a player.

He has a man on him and about half a second to score yet he put the keeper on the floor and chipped in like a boss.

Marc Overmars
04-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Masterstroke from Wenger putting him up top. I didn't think it would work but he's really elevated his game. Fair play. :good:

Maestro
04-12-2016, 10:52 AM
How was Xhaka's game yesterday

Power n Glory
04-12-2016, 11:01 AM
Masterstroke from Wenger putting him up top. I didn't think it would work but he's really elevated his game. Fair play. :good:

I always thought that was the original intention when we bought him but Wenger went back to Giroud. This obsession with players strong enough to hold up the ball is where we've gone wrong. We've missed out on signing key players because of this idea that we need someone to hold the ball up. We've even missed out on internal solutions. Sanchez is strong but he doesn't even hold the ball up. He stays mobile. Had plenty debates on here about it. It's great to see that he's locked down his position. There is no way we can go back to Giroud. It was a heck a performance.

Power n Glory
04-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Oh and that goal from Ox will keep him in the squad. Iwobi needs to find his shooting boots.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
04-12-2016, 11:15 AM
I think had Iwobi played he'd have been just effective as the Ox was coming through the middle but he would never have scored the goal the Ox did.

Long before this game I didn't think we should revert back to Giroud despite his goals.....so just more of the same now.

Power n Glory
04-12-2016, 11:22 AM
I think had Iwobi played he'd have been just effective as the Ox was coming through the middle but he would never have scored the goal the Ox did.

Long before this game I didn't think we should revert back to Giroud despite his goals.....so just more of the same now.

Since Wenger said the below about Iwobi I had a feeling he'd fall out of the starting line up.

“He’s not a typical winger,” Wenger said of Iwobi after the match pointing out that he does not have the burning pace of a Walcott or an Oxlade-Chamberlain. “He can play in the No 10 role because he turns forwards and passes through the lines very well. He has it all in his locker to give the final ball.”

And then the rub. “Now we want the finishing - that is a little part missing in his game. He is too nervous when he has the possibility to finish. Tension is something goal-scoring doesn’t like. You have to be relaxed to finish.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsene-wenger-urges-arsenals-alex-iwobi-to-lose-the-nerves-in-front-of-goal-a7382006.html

I think Wenger's right about his being a number 10 though.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
04-12-2016, 12:05 PM
I mentioned my bemusement about him being played wide when he first came in but to his credit he is and has been intelligent enough to make it work for him.

His lack of shooting prowess has really lost him his place.

I usually don't like it when Theo AND the Ox play but West Ham really are a troubled team and the Ox had so much space to run into on the break.

Marc Overmars
04-12-2016, 12:13 PM
I always thought that was the original intention when we bought him but Wenger went back to Giroud. This obsession with players strong enough to hold up the ball is where we've gone wrong. We've missed out on signing key players because of this idea that we need someone to hold the ball up. We've even missed out on internal solutions. Sanchez is strong but he doesn't even hold the ball up. He stays mobile. Had plenty debates on here about it. It's great to see that he's locked down his position. There is no way we can go back to Giroud. It was a heck a performance.

It always irritated me when holding the ball up and linking play was talked about like it was the only possible way we could function. Giroud isn't going to get a sniff now but to his credit he has still managed to contribute when called on, I guess the perception of him being a good plan b wasn't far off the mark.

Power n Glory
04-12-2016, 12:21 PM
I mentioned my bemusement about him being played wide when he first came in but to his credit he is and has been intelligent enough to make it work for him.

His lack of shooting prowess has really lost him his place.

I usually don't like it when Theo AND the Ox play but West Ham really are a troubled team and the Ox had so much space to run into on the break.

We'll need him again and Wenger maybe needs to stop putting the pressure on him for goals and put more emphasis on defence for Iwobi. I can see why Ox and Theo playing at the same time worries you. There will be games where we'll need better ball retention and both lack in that area.

Power n Glory
04-12-2016, 12:23 PM
It always irritated me when holding the ball up and linking play was talked about like it was the only possible way we could function. Giroud isn't going to get a sniff now but to his credit he has still managed to contribute when called on, I guess the perception of him being a good plan b wasn't far off the mark.

Giroud's good enough for plan B and if we're forced to start him, we have to change the set up around him. We can't do a straight swap. We'd be better off focusing on getting the ball wide and crossing it in.

Xhaka Can’t
04-12-2016, 01:15 PM

Best one has to be Kanu against Chelsea.

Kano
04-12-2016, 01:37 PM
First two goals were alright but the third goes down in legend.

AFC Leveller
04-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Alexis doesnt wrestle with defenders and complain to the ref all game, he is a nightmare to defend against and the way he pops up everywhere is what makes him difficult to stop. His first goal yesterday was made out of nothing, that first touch to get him round the left back and the acceleration and strength was such a joy to watch. He is joint top scorer and long may it continue.

mastermind84
04-12-2016, 05:41 PM
How was Xhaka's game yesterday

Great

selassie
04-12-2016, 06:40 PM
I thought we were very good offensively yesterday, not always fluid but very dangerous on the counter and we attacked with purpose, we could and should have scored a lot more than 5.

As already mentioned, Alexis was a different class yesterday, he's single handedly keeping us in the race and we need to do all in our power to retain him, he's worth every penny he is asking for wage wise because he's irreplaceable at the moment.

Looking at the other results we've had a pretty decent weekend.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
04-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Frankly, Costa shouldn't be near him as he should have been sent off a few times before scoring already.....the prick!