Kano
10-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Job done

Top of the league

Zero complaints

Arsenal :bow:

AFC Leveller
10-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Great turnaround and some good goals as well.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
10-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Didn't watch the game

Was it a pen?

Heard that the goal Ozil scored very similar to Van Persie against Spain in the World Cup

Goonermerree
10-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Ace stream :bow: Arsenal :scarf::yippee:

Letters
10-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Nice. Right now we're doing what we should be doing. Long may it last
:dance:

Coney
10-12-2016, 05:06 PM
These are the kind of games we would draw. We have been failing to win the league, not because we were crap against the top teams, but because all the draws and last minute defeats by middle and lower teams where you need to pick up 3 points each time. This is the kind of resilience that wins you the title.

Letters
10-12-2016, 05:14 PM
So far it's

P15 W10 D4 L1 in the league. For comparison, The Invincibles were P15 W10 D5 L0 at this stage so we've only one fewer point.

Marathon not a sprint and all that, but so far so good.

GP
10-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Top of the fucking league.

Kano
10-12-2016, 05:18 PM
So far it's

P15 W10 D4 L1 in the league. For comparison, The Invincibles were P15 W10 D5 L0 at this stage so we've only one fewer point.

I'm convinced it will come down to our home form. Away from home we're one of, if not absolute, best over the past year. A good string of home wins will put is in a really strong position, along with a solid away performance.

Master Splinter
10-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Decent performance. Good win. Classy goals.

I'd just like to highlight Coquelin's contribution as it often goes unnoticed because he's not silky and didn't cost £55 million. He's so good at intercepting and winning balls high up the pitch. It sets up so many of our attacks. He and Xhaka make for a great tackling duo as well.

Oh, and: Mason :haha:.

He's also fat.

Kano
10-12-2016, 05:27 PM
That Ox pass for the second was excellent.

Niall_Quinn
10-12-2016, 05:29 PM
Didn't watch the game

Was it a pen?

Heard that the goal Ozil scored very similar to Van Persie against Spain in the World Cup

No, never a pen in a million years.

No, nothing like RvCs goal. Ball looped up and over the back line, Ozil in space, heads it up and over the keeper on forst touch. Good finish, but nothing like RvCs effort.

Niall_Quinn
10-12-2016, 05:30 PM
So far it's

OMFG :doh:

Master Splinter
10-12-2016, 05:30 PM
I'm convinced it will come down to our home form. Away from home we're one of, if not absolute, best over the past year. A good string of home wins will put is in a really strong position, along with a solid away performance.

I was most worried about dropping points against Bournemouth, West Brom and Palace in this period. We always beat Stoke at home. Everton and Citeh away are probably the easiest games for us.

Niall_Quinn
10-12-2016, 05:32 PM
Decent performance. Good win. Classy goals.

I'd just like to highlight Coquelin's contribution as it often goes unnoticed because he's not silky and didn't cost £55 million. He's so good at intercepting and winning balls high up the pitch. It sets up so many of our attacks. He and Xhaka make for a great tackling duo as well.

Oh, and: Mason :haha:.

He's also fat.

Coq also gives the ball away quite a lot. He used to do the simple things and he needs to get back to that.

Good win against a bunch of rotten pubbers who only Tony Gale could love.

Half a decent performance that switched between direct and forward play, and that awful tippy tappy dross. All 3 goals very good finishes. Iwobi's impersonation of TH :bow:

Mason is fat (and I'm not just saying that, he really is)

Kano
10-12-2016, 05:36 PM
I was most worried about dropping points against Bournemouth, West Brom and Palace in this period. We always beat Stoke at home. Everton and Citeh away are probably the easiest games for us.

There surely has to be a defeat looming soon in the league. For the past decade at least, the PL winners have the best home record. If we can kill off those teams at home, then dropping points away is to be expected occasionally.

Marc Overmars
10-12-2016, 05:48 PM
Good stuff.

Definite banana skin next at Everton, if our performances against Koeman's Southampton are anything to go by.

Gooner23
10-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Lee Mason is one of the refs you dread getting, he's awful.

LDG
10-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Super stuff boys.

Bit crap first half, with that utter cunt of a ref doing what he usually does to us. Fat bald wanker.

Really good second half.

:scarf:

LDG
10-12-2016, 06:00 PM
Lee Mason is one of the refs you dread getting, he's awful.

First thing I said to the bloke next to me. "Lee Mason? Fuck, that's one nil to them already".

And so it proved.

Utter crooked cunt.

AFC Leveller
10-12-2016, 06:19 PM
We are unbeaten on a Saturday in 2016.

Power n Glory
10-12-2016, 06:40 PM
We might just win the league.

Letters
10-12-2016, 07:00 PM
We might just win the league.

Who died and made you Letters? <_<

Letters
10-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Obviously I'll judge whether we've won the league at the end of the season...

IMO we're good enough, I think we finally have good, proper squad depth in every area to deal with our annual injury crisis. Concerns remain about our mentality and ability to do it at the business end of the season but those will remain until we do finally go and win it. Nothing much to complain about so far this season though.

GP
10-12-2016, 07:38 PM
We are unbeaten on a Saturday in 2016.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzVejX_WIAAy8HR.jpg

Kano
10-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Obviously I'll judge whether we've won the league at the end of the season...

IMO we're good enough, I think we finally have good, proper squad depth in every area to deal with our annual injury crisis. Concerns remain about our mentality and ability to do it at the business end of the season but those will remain until we do finally go and win it. Nothing much to complain about so far this season though.
Until we lose and everything is shit again.

Ourselves and Chelsea are looking like the two that will separate from the pack at this rate.

GP
10-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Anyone else catch Adam stamp on Sanchez in the build up to the Iwobi goal?

LDG
10-12-2016, 08:10 PM

Wondered why Mason went i er to have a look....to see if there was a reason he could disallow the goal.

Not sure he booked one of those cunts today. We had time wasting, fouling, Xhaka red fouls amd not one card.

Absolute bent wanker.

GP
10-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Wondered why Mason went i er to have a look....to see if there was a reason he could disallow the goal.

Not sure he booked one of those cunts today. We had time wasting, fouling, Xhaka red fouls amd not one card.

Absolute bent wanker.

https://my.mixtape.moe/nwnvzm.mp4

LDG
10-12-2016, 08:30 PM
https://my.mixtape.moe/nwnvzm.mp4

Little cunt.

If you slow it down on the replay from behind the goal, he actually looks for it.

Imagine being stamped on by a four foot nothing, 20 stone wanker.

GP
10-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Little cunt.

If you slow it down on the replay from behind the goal, he actually looks for it.

Imagine being stamped on by a four foot nothing, 20 stone wanker.

The hilarious thing is, if he didn't look to stamp on his, he could easily win that ball.

AFC Leveller
10-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Didn't he strangle Alexis a couple of years ago at the Britannia? Wht a cunt that fat cunt is

Master Splinter
10-12-2016, 08:59 PM
Didn't he strangle Alexis a couple of years ago at the Britannia? Wht a cunt that fat cunt is

Arsenal are soft so logic states that they deserve the ultraviolence from filthy, untamed ogres which is put upon them every match without punishment.

Charlie Adam is a fat, disgusting, hillbilly thug.

But cheating enablers like Mason are worse.

Mason is also fat.

And a cunt.

And fat.

GP
10-12-2016, 10:06 PM
Arsenal are soft so logic states that they deserve the ultraviolence from filthy, untamed ogres which is put upon them every match without punishment.

Charlie Adam is a fat, disgusting, hillbilly thug.

But cheating enablers like Mason are worse.

Mason is also fat.

And a cunt.

And fat.

https://news.science360.gov/files/story/fdfc2317-87c3-4961-8194-b51e9e472ee0-largeImage.jpg

Kano
10-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Hughes was asked in the press conference about the Rambo songs and as usual got all touchy and walked out.

For such a 'tough guy' as a player, he don't half cry like a bitch over the smallest of things.

GP
10-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Hughes is a fucking coward.

Xhaka Can’t
11-12-2016, 12:45 AM

If he hadn't taken the time out to stamp Alexis, he may have had a chance to make a legit challenge on Iwobi.

Mong twat.

Xhaka Can’t
11-12-2016, 12:46 AM
Hughes is a fucking coward.

He used to, play for Barcelona

Goonermerree
11-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Hughes was asked in the press conference about the Rambo songs and as usual got all touchy and walked out.

For such a 'tough guy' as a player, he don't half cry like a bitch over the smallest of things.

What rambo songs?

Globalgunner
11-12-2016, 10:46 AM
https://news.science360.gov/files/story/fdfc2317-87c3-4961-8194-b51e9e472ee0-largeImage.jpg

Too much hair. Apart from that...a dead ringer

Power n Glory
11-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Who died and made you Letters? <_<

:lol: Not getting too carried away but we're top of the table. It's encouraging to see Iwobi, Perez, Walcott and Ox all stepping up in recent games. When we lost to Southampton I was disappointed none of fringe players stepped up. But it looks like they all got the message. Something to be positive about.

Gooner23
11-12-2016, 12:26 PM
It's certainly thw strongest squad we've had for a long time. Genuine star players plus lots of others making important contributions.

However we've been here before and I won't get too carried away until we can prove to challenge across an entire season. I've doubted our ability to win it again under Wenger, would love to be proved wrong.

Power n Glory
11-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Some well taken goals. Good pass from Sanchez to release Bellerin out wide and difficult finish from Theo. 100 career goals. Was unlucky not to get a hat trick. Mustafi's passing is underrated. Great through ball to Theo but keeper denied the goal. Shame he's injured.

Ozil continuing to make those runs in behind Sanchez and scores another. Great pass from Ox and a cheeky header from Ozil. Defenders had eyes glued on Sanchez as comes short for the pass but slip, not seeing Ozil's run. It's great movement from the pair but Ox plays the perfect pass.

A bit of luck for Iwobi's goal but great anticipation from the kid to pick up the ball whilst Sanchez is getting fouled. Dirty cunts. Great finish. Wenger will be pleased with that.

Ernesto
11-12-2016, 07:26 PM
So far it's

I think, in terms of winning the league and taking away our past inadequacies, it's difficult to look past chelsea. I hope I'm wrong. I was wrong about Manchester City winning it at a canter a few weeks back, after all.

For those scumbags to play only once a week, have as few injuries as they do, and to somehow muddle through a game like they've had today (a match we'd inevitably have drawn), I'd say fortune favours the Scum.

The Emirates Gallactico
11-12-2016, 07:46 PM
It'd be interesting to see how they'd handle being without Hazard or Costa for a while; it does seem they are overly reliant on those two for goals and creativity. Mind you the same thing could be said about us and Alexis & Ozil.

Letters
11-12-2016, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't put any money on us but while we're in the mix I'll think we've got a chance.
Agree that Chelsea not having any European games to worry about gives them an advantage.

Kano
11-12-2016, 08:04 PM
We've only got two more games left in Europe anyway ha ha ha

GP
11-12-2016, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't put any money on us but while we're in the mix I'll think we've got a chance.
Agree that Chelsea not having any European games to worry about gives them an advantage.

Did you see a few weeks ago Mourinho was complaining that Chelsea have an easier run as they don't have european football.

Hmm, I wonder why that is, Jose.

Marc Overmars
11-12-2016, 11:30 PM
Chavs are certainly the biggest threat considering they have been playing once a week all season.

IMO we have the strongest squad in the league, we have a host of players stepping up to the plate this season and the goals are flowing. I feel we've been good enough for 2 maybe 3 seasons now but we're eaten alive by the pressure and fear that comes with the business end. If we can overcome that we will go very close, however it's a problem that has plagued us regardless of how strong our squad had been. I feel so far we've done as expected, not been exceptional but we've done enough to haul ourselves into the mix as we normally do.

Letters
12-12-2016, 07:50 AM
You say " it's a problem that has plagued us regardless of how strong our squad had been" but I don't think our squad has ever been this good, well not in the Emirates era.
The trouble is there are a lot of good teams this year. Right now it's looking like us and Chelsea are the strongest but there's a long way to go.
For now we're in the mix and right now that's all you can ask.

Kano
12-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Apparently we've employed some New Zealand psychiatrist this season. He worked with All Blacks national team from 2011-15 where they won back to back World Cups having not won the thing for 20+ years. Maybe that plus the softer training pitches and new physio staff are helping with our injuries too. We've come from behind fives times this season and picked up points we'd normally not get at all. Wenger said he felt he had a group of 'men' in the squad again for the first time since the Invincible era and I think that is showing. Ox is having his best season to date, Feo is back on form, Iwobi is adding goals to his game, Perez is scoring, goals from the bench with Giroud and the team selections have been good. All looking positive at the moment. It feels like there is something different about them this year but we are all rightfully cautious to get too carried away given how we've been stung in the past.

Niall_Quinn
12-12-2016, 09:07 AM
This thread reminds me of that scene in Jerry Maguire where the sister watches on helplessly as her lovestruck sibling heads blissfully into disaster. It also reminds me of the scene where that bloke jumps up and down screaming, "Show me the MONEY!" If we sign Draxler for 30mill this January then I'll climb aboard.

Power n Glory
12-12-2016, 09:17 AM
We'll be back to normal come Christmas. Bemoaning how we're cloaked in failure. :lol:

https://herinklings.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/tumblr_mzcu9r0pmo1rkuidwo3_500.jpg?w=620

Letters
12-12-2016, 09:53 AM
This thread reminds me of that scene in Jerry Maguire where the sister watches on helplessly as her lovestruck sibling heads blissfully into disaster. It also reminds me of the scene where that bloke jumps up and down screaming, "Show me the MONEY!" If we sign Draxler for 30mill this January then I'll climb aboard.

You seem to be in the final stages of ZD where you actively want us to fail and just can't wait for us to so you can have another moan.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2016, 10:02 AM
You seem to be in the final stages of ZD where you actively want us to fail and just can't wait for us to so you can have another moan.

No one has any illusion of us winning this competition. In all likelihood we won't come close to winning the premier league either. The last three games have been enjoyable but there's no sense in pretending we weren't playing rather obliging sides.

I know there are things that defy logic, like a very average manager in Claudio Ranieri doing the unthinkable and winning the title with Leicester City. But it would be an even bigger jump in my mind that a man like Wenger who seems to make the same mistakes season after season would suddenly be able to do what he has been for so long unable to do, and the squad is probably the best we've had for years but these aren't players who arguably have enough about them to win the title totally independent of the manager.

So of course this season can only be judged in hindsight, but there is nothing that suggests so far this season will be any different to the failures of seasons past.

Niall_Quinn
12-12-2016, 11:11 AM

Yep, guilty. I'm lapsing into chronic realism. At least that makes me immune to Goldfish Syndrome.

If you'd bothered to read the whole post, I said, "Show Me the MONEY!" If we actually do something this January to consolidate what we have so far then we might get a different result. Draxler is begging to come, his club want rid of him. He'll be relatively cheap at £30mill. That sort of a shot in the arm is exactly what we need, it will show the players already here we are making a serious bid this year and are prepared to back that bid with the necessary resources. OR, we can go around the wheel again, taking it game by game, putting in these average performances and hoping to ride it all the way to the finish line. We know how that ends. Well, most of us do.

Gooner23
12-12-2016, 11:24 AM
I can't see us signing another winger / forward in January.

With Theo, Ox, Iwobi, and Perez all producing, and Welbeck due back soon, I think Wenger will stick with what we have.

GP
12-12-2016, 11:32 AM

With Theo, Ox, Iwobi, and Perez all producing, and Welbeck due back soon, I think Wenger will stick with what we have.

Wenger has been known to push the boat out if it's a player he really wants. I can't see it happening either but it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Niall_Quinn
12-12-2016, 12:01 PM

So do I. And that will be a repetition of the same mistake he always makes, assuming we have enough. This is the time to do something different and there's more at stake than a title. The club needs to send a clear message to the players we already have here and signing quality in January would be a great way to do that. It's not a bad deal, £30mill for a player like Draxler and potentially the retention of Alexis and Ozil. I think Ozil will stay, but I'm not so sure about Alexis. Get Draxler in, make the statement, introduce him slowly and take advantage of the fact we have plenty of options. That's the move I'd make as I think it could pay off in many ways. And at least it would be trying something different, to see if we can get a different outcome.

Power n Glory
12-12-2016, 12:30 PM
£30m for Draxler? Is it worth it? I can't see him having an impact on the season.

Niall_Quinn
12-12-2016, 01:23 PM
£30m for Draxler? Is it worth it? I can't see him having an impact on the season.

I can. He's a level up from Theo, Perez, etc. The more talent we have at the club the more chance we have of winning something. And these days £30mill is sofa change.

Power n Glory
12-12-2016, 01:59 PM
I can. He's a level up from Theo, Perez, etc. The more talent we have at the club the more chance we have of winning something. And these days £30mill is sofa change.

Do you watch him in Bundesliga? I've only seen him at International level in the recent Euros and wasn't really impressed. Looking at his club stats he hasn't scored or set a goal up this season and he's been starting games. He might be won for the future but he's not a step above Perez and Walcott as things stand today. I don't see Wenger making that move. Not for a project player. Ox is having his best season so far and Iwobi has been doing well also. I'd prefer a more experienced player with a proven track record.

Niall_Quinn
12-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Do you watch him in Bundesliga? I've only seen him at International level in the recent Euros and wasn't really impressed. Looking at his club stats he hasn't scored or set a goal up this season and he's been starting games. He might be won for the future but he's not a step above Perez and Walcott as things stand today. I don't see Wenger making that move. Not for a project player. Ox is having his best season so far and Iwobi has been doing well also. I'd prefer a more experienced player with a proven track record.

Not this season, but 3-4 seasons prior and in Europe. He's one of those few players with that step up in technique that sets them apart. He's a massive step up from Theo and, albeit on limited evidence so far, a big step up from Perez. I'm still not sure on Ox, I think there's a world beater hidden in there. Iwobi is great, young still but heading in the right direction. But I'd ditch Theo and Perez in a heartbeat if it meant getting superior quality in. Not that we'll need to do that because we haven't had our main injury crisis yet. There will always be room in this squad for additional players, particularly players of Draxler's quality. And it's not just where and when he'd play. It's the statement. The timely reinforcements to make things better. Anyway, the point was, if I see Wenger doing something like this I'll believe he's making plans, trying something different, really giving it a go this year.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2016, 02:49 PM

I do wish we had more options wide, but at the same time i think Ox has proven at the very least deserving of a run in the side. He still needs to improve his decision making, but certainly from earlier in the season his performances are markedly improved and he is showing signs of being the player we all hope he could be.

The chances of us buying anyone in January are slim to nil, I think someone like Draxler might be bought only if Wenger was convinced he was going to lose Ozil and i think he'd be more inclined to play him in that CAM role rather than wide.

We could always have better players in the squad, however my immediate concern would be improving the weakest area of the squad and that's at full back particurlarly left sided. Monreal for me is substandard and Gibbs is not good enough to be anything more than a squad player, and we need someone who can fill in for Bellerin at right back as Debuchy is gone now, Jenkinson is useless and Gabriel performed ok there but hasn't got the pace.

Letters
12-12-2016, 02:53 PM
I don't think we'll buy in January, I don't think we need to.
Our squad is good enough to win the title. Doubts about mentality and ability to do it at the business end will persist till we actually go and win it.

Power n Glory
12-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Not this season, but 3-4 seasons prior and in Europe. He's one of those few players with that step up in technique that sets them apart. He's a massive step up from Theo and, albeit on limited evidence so far, a big step up from Perez. I'm still not sure on Ox, I think there's a world beater hidden in there. Iwobi is great, young still but heading in the right direction. But I'd ditch Theo and Perez in a heartbeat if it meant getting superior quality in. Not that we'll need to do that because we haven't had our main injury crisis yet. There will always be room in this squad for additional players, particularly players of Draxler's quality. And it's not just where and when he'd play. It's the statement. The timely reinforcements to make things better. Anyway, the point was, if I see Wenger doing something like this I'll believe he's making plans, trying something different, really giving it a go this year.

Theo has 10 goals and 2 assists from 18 appearances this season. I think the season with Draxler you're talking about was when he scored 13 and set up 7.

I hear the argument about technique but we really need end product otherwise it results in possession without goals.

GP
13-12-2016, 10:28 AM
No action taken on Adam.

The FA are not fit for purpose.

Marc Overmars
13-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Hughes crying about Wenger getting special treatment after apparently shoving the 4th official. :lol:

GP
13-12-2016, 10:46 AM
Hughes still crying after 17 years?

Letters
13-12-2016, 10:51 AM
Hughes still crying after 17 years?

Uhuh.

LDG
13-12-2016, 10:56 AM

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2016, 02:09 PM
No action taken on Adam.

At least they didn't ban Xhaka for some made up reason this time.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-12-2016, 02:16 PM
No action taken on Adam.

What did he do this time?

WMUG
13-12-2016, 07:24 PM

Nothing, same as last time.

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2016, 08:39 PM

Stamped on Alexis. Mind you, every team does that now, when they aren't shoving him into pits.