David Bowie
Gene Wilder
Leonard Cohen
Paul Daniels
Prince
Ronnie Corbett
Terry Wogan
Victoria Wood

Guess it has to be Bowie although I guess I was more a fan of Alan Rickman and Gene Wilder.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Chyna.

Also, very recently Greg Lake passed away.

Prrobably Bowie. Having said that I still haven't got over MCA's passing and that was not this year.

This has put me in the festive mood.

GP
12-12-2016, 09:09 PM
MCA died over 4 years ago. Can't believe it's been that long.

Niall_Quinn
12-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Hilary Clinton

Letters
12-12-2016, 09:14 PM
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/maritime-and-coastguard-agency

:unsure:

Letters
12-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Also, very recently Greg Lake passed away
One song, he's only got one song...

(that I've heard of, anyway)

GP
12-12-2016, 09:22 PM
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/maritime-and-coastguard-agency

:unsure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

LDG
12-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Ian McCaskill went today :o

Bowie, I guess.

Lemmy too.

Some of them you forget! Victoria Wood...real shame that one.

Also a shame that some celebs are still alive.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-12-2016, 09:33 PM
I keep forgetting Wogan is dead.

I'd completely forgotten about Ronnie Corbett as well.

Muhammad Ali.

LDG
12-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Roy Hodgson too.

Mental.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-12-2016, 09:39 PM
There's loads this year. Old people dying, who'd have thought it.

Robert Vaughn.
Castro.
Keith Emerson.
Arnold Palmer.
R2D2.
Anton Yelchin.
George Martin.
Nancy Reagan.

In terms of worst way to die, Anton Yelchin has to be up there. :yikes:

Letters
12-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Cruyff too :rose:

Darn you, 2016. Darn you to heck! :(

WMUG
12-12-2016, 11:19 PM
David Attenborough. Still time.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-12-2016, 07:10 AM
Was reading that there isn't anything especially phenomenal about the amount of celebrity deaths, it's just that the scope of fame has had its net widened over the years along with the obituary business within newspapers that it actually just seems that more are dying.

Bowie was the biggest loss for me, but even then I remember the amount of silly arses who I knew who had never mentioned him before talking about what an inspiration he'd been in their lives. He wasn't an inspiration in my life, his existence didn't profoundly affect me one way or the other I just liked his music (mainly the earlier stuff).

Letters
13-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Was reading that there isn't anything especially phenomenal about the amount of celebrity deaths, it's just that the scope of fame has had its net widened over the years along with the obituary business within newspapers that it actually just seems that more are dying.

Bowie was the biggest loss for me, but even then I remember the amount of silly arses who I knew who had never mentioned him before talking about what an inspiration he'd been in their lives. He wasn't an inspiration in my life, his existence didn't profoundly affect me one way or the other I just liked his music (mainly the earlier stuff).

I read something similar - it's simply that in the 50s and 60s the whole concept of fame exploded. More people were famous and those people are now dying out.
Bowie wasn't an inspiration for me and he's more of a "Best Of" person for me but you can't deny his legacy and the influence he did have in the music business.

Letters
13-12-2016, 07:44 AM
Edit: That said, there have been quite a few young-ish deaths this year which has boosted the usual churn.

Letters
13-12-2016, 07:45 AM
That wasn't really an edit, more of an additional post.

:getcoat:

Coney
13-12-2016, 07:26 PM

Bowie's work with Mick Ronson on Changes, Aladin Sane and Ziggy Stardust was brilliant. Ziggy Stardust is one of the greatest ever albums and Ronson's meaty guitar work hits the spot every time.
Was not keen on Bowie's later work though.

Kano
13-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Prince, Bowie, Muhammad Ali, George Martin, Phife, Leonard Cohen, Leon Russell, Robert Vaughn and Gene Wilder :rose:

Meanwhile, Kirk Douglas turned 100 last Friday :bow:

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Prince, Bowie, Muhammad Ali, George Martin, Phife, Leonard Cohen, Leon Russell, Robert Vaughn and Gene Wilder :rose:

Meanwhile, Kirk Douglas turned 100 last Friday :bow:

Crap team.

Letters
14-12-2016, 07:46 AM
Wenger Out :angry:

Niall_Quinn
14-12-2016, 09:09 AM
Wenger Out :angry:

Well, yeah.

Master Splinter
14-12-2016, 10:17 PM
Bowie, Prince, George Martin, Maurice White.

It's like the last half century of popular music wiped out in a few months. Paul McCartney, Berry Gordy and Brian Wilson must be little bit in the red zone.

It's the same story for British light entertainment. Wogan, Corbett, Paul Daniels, Victoria Wood.

You may not care for these people's work, but it's definitely been a cunt of a year. A lot of the people weren't even that old, especially by modern standards.

2016 really needs to FOAD. Or pick it's victims more diligently.

Xhaka Can’t
14-12-2016, 11:28 PM
Alan Thicke :rose: