PDA

View Full Version : Match reaction: Manchester City 2-1 Arsenal

Ernesto
18-12-2016, 05:53 PM
:(

Christmas is cancelled

selassie
18-12-2016, 05:55 PM
At least we out of the title by Christmas this year. We just need to keep an eye on the Spuds and United because we're battling for top 4 finish now.

Ernesto
18-12-2016, 05:56 PM
They're really catching us up, aren't they? I don't really know who we've got over the next few games. I'm not sure I care either.

dostoy
18-12-2016, 05:58 PM
Seriously, what did you expect from this game and what do you expect every year ?

Arsenal are so predictable under Wenger, every year is the same.

Marc Overmars
18-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Decent first half, had City right where we wanted them.Then the second half started. Fuck me what an incredibly shit performance, City trampled all over us.

We've got a run of games against pub teams now, so we should be able to get some kind of run together and pretend to be challengers again.

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2016, 05:59 PM
We're not out of the title because we were never in it. But there will still be ups and downs, ebbs and flows. The title is not decided yet. But there's one thing that was decided when the season kicked off. We won't be winning it.

That's because Wenger is in charge. That's the whole story. It doesn't matter who the players are, it doesn't matter how much money we throw at it - 90 mill on a bag of assorted jumble in the summer - Wenger's teams don't have the bottle to come out on top when it really matters. Whatever shit goes on behind the scenes it ends up robbing world cup winners and internationals of their ability to be winners. And Alexis won't be sticking around much longer to be part of this shit show.

Ernesto
18-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Seriously, what did you expect from this game and what do you expect every year ?

Arsenal are so predictable under Wenger, every year is the same.

I expected a win or a draw, in spite of our non performance at Everton.

I don't think I'm too unrealistic or unreasonable to predict that, given Manchester City's vulnerabilities.

Globalgunner
18-12-2016, 06:02 PM
I have no doubt Alexis and Ozil will wait until the summer to see if the old man gets a new contract

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2016, 06:02 PM
1 attempt on target :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
18-12-2016, 06:03 PM
1 attempt on target :haha:

Iwobi woz robbed.

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2016, 06:03 PM
I expected a win or a draw, in spite of our non performance at Everton.

I don't think I'm too unrealistic or unreasonable to predict that, given Manchester City's vulnerabilities.

Which one team would you have picked that would serve up a confidence booster to the gypos, despite their vulnerabilities? Which one team can you rely on without fail to do that job?

dostoy
18-12-2016, 06:04 PM
I do care but not as much as I used to, that is why I watch some of Arsenal's games now and am not so nervous as before.

We will not win either the PL or the CL with Wenger in charge, that is so clear, anyone who thinks that we will is completely deluded.

My Christmas is unaffected because Arsenal mean much less to me now, win or lose.

Marc Overmars
18-12-2016, 06:04 PM
Which one team would you have picked that would serve up a confidence booster to the gypos, despite their vulnerabilities? Which one team can you rely on without fail to do that job?

We've successfully revived the fortunes of 2 struggling teams in 5 days. Dishing out the Christmas presents early.

selassie
18-12-2016, 06:05 PM
They're really catching us up, aren't they? I don't really know who we've got over the next few games. I'm not sure I care either.

Aye, we have a really favourable set of games coming up until Chelsea away in February. Saying that you never know with this lot, we are a physically & mentally weak team led by a manager who has the same characteristic. Who would be surprised if we went into free fall and lost a few more games?

Ernesto
18-12-2016, 06:06 PM
I have no doubt Alexis and Ozil will wait until the summer to see if the old man gets a new contract

If we can somehow muddle through and make it into the top 4, I wouldn't care if Wenger and/or Ozil left.

Sanchez would inevitably leave too. It'd hurt but we'd sign more players. Get a manager who learns from defeat.

I'm sorry to sound defeatist (a week ago we were 3 points behind) but I hate what Wenger and Ozil stand for now. Money.

Ernesto
18-12-2016, 06:07 PM

Hull City

Marc Overmars
18-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Aye, we have a really favourable set of games coming up until Chelsea away in February. Saying that you never know with this lot, we are a physically & mentally weak team led by a manager who has the same characteristic. Who would be surprised if we went into free fall and lost a few more games?

Next 6

West Brom H
Palace H
Bournemouth A
Swansea A
Burnley H
Watford H

I expect 18 points out of 18. That's exactly what we'll need to even have a chance in the spring now.

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Next 6

West Brom H
Palace H
Bournemouth A
Swansea A
Burnley H
Watford H

I expect 18 points out of 18. That's exactly what we'll need to even have a chance in the spring now.

We won't get 18. Might get the first 15 and then lose 4-0 to Watford.

Master Splinter
18-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Despite the refs changing the rules so as to make sure the opposition get free goals against Arsenal in every game, the actual performances have been bewilderingly poor. Plus we generously revived another team's ailing season.

Today, everyone just went to sleep after about 30 minutes. Nothing but serious doubt about the team now. Wenger responsible of course, but some individuals are either barely turning up or making continuously poor errors and decisions.

Nothing but an extended winning run can rectify this situation. And that might only be good enough for a distant second/third anyway.

TL;DR:

Wenger out.
Bould out.
Ozil out.
Xhaka out.
Iwobi out.
Letters out.

Happy Christmas and a merry new year.

Ernesto
18-12-2016, 06:14 PM
I can't see us winning at Swansea. Why not keep up the hoodoos of not beating Mourinho, Koeman or doing the double over Swansea.

Goonermerree
18-12-2016, 06:15 PM
:haha::haha::haha::rose:

Only watched the second half and we were absolutely rubbish. And what was that with Ox? Smacks of Eboue.

Gooner23
18-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Top of the league to 9 points behind in a week, what a bunch of chumps. Nothing changes, rinse and repeat.

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2016, 06:16 PM
That second goal was so offside :haha:

WTF?

A player runs right in front of the keeper and moves to change the direction of the ball. This is THE classic definition of the ruling which either means the ref doesn't know the rules or else he just ignored them. Like the linesman ignored the rules on the first goal. And De Brown should have been sent off anyway for a Xhaka challenge - which if you recall, all the pundits claimed was a new ruling that had been applied properly. Even though there's no such rule.

This is why we can't have technology in football. Because the results would be different.

Goonermerree
18-12-2016, 06:17 PM
We just stood off them and let them play. When Sterling picked up the diagonal pass, our defenders just jogged back without urgency. Wenger, just do one.

Penguin
18-12-2016, 06:22 PM
:haha::haha::haha::rose:

Only watched the second half and we were absolutely rubbish. And what was that with Ox? Smacks of Eboue.

He injured himself

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2016, 06:23 PM
Wenger blaming it on the players being tired again. And the goals being offside.

After a decade of having to make these same excuses, when is somebody going to challenge him and ask some searching questions?

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2016, 06:27 PM
Neville you fucking muppet!

How is Silva NOT interfering when he's running straight in on goal and throwing a leg at the ball RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE KEEPER? You fucking muppet! What's the purpose of defending such a stupid position? Just to be controversial? Because Sky instructs one to say one thing and the other to say the other? It's pathetic.

Ernesto
18-12-2016, 06:29 PM

How is Silva NOT interfering when he's running straight in on goal and throwing a leg at the ball RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE KEEPER? You fucking muppet! What's the purpose of defending such a stupid position? Just to be controversial? Because Sky instructs one to say one thing and the other to say the other? It's pathetic.

He's a real piece of shit.

The only thing he was right about was how rubbish Ozil and the Ox were

Munchies
18-12-2016, 06:30 PM
Claude and Ty arguing again :lol:

https://twitter.com/ThePLZone/status/810550827299602432

AFTV :popcorn:

Ernesto
18-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Claude and Ty arguing again :lol:

https://twitter.com/ThePLZone/status/810550827299602432

AFTV :popcorn:

If Ty tries to.justify that performance as 'good', in any way, shape or form, then he's just being purposely antagonistic.

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 06:37 PM
Despite the refs changing the rules so as to make sure the opposition get free goals against Arsenal in every game, the actual performances have been bewilderingly poor. Plus we generously revived another team's ailing season.

Today, everyone just went to sleep after about 30 minutes. Nothing but serious doubt about the team now. Wenger responsible of course, but some individuals are either barely turning up or making continuously poor errors and decisions.

Nothing but an extended winning run can rectify this situation. And that might only be good enough for a distant second/third anyway.

TL;DR:

Wenger out.
Bould out.
Ozil out.
Xhaka out.
Iwobi out.
Letters out.

Happy Christmas and a merry new year.

I thought we played right into their hands not setting ourselves up to play on the counter. The goal and only shot on target came from a counter attack. But regardless of the tactics, you can't win if there is no effort from the players. It was woeful. Xhaka hasn't got it. I've yet to see anything that says he's worth £35m and can't control the midfield or shield the back four. The first goal was just a simple header from Cech he just has to header. He misses and then he's chasing shadows for the goal and it cost us. Should have been called for offside but we know how this goes. Need technology to stop the nonsense. But that would have bailed us out from giving away a poor goal. Kos and Gabriel were far from solid either.

I've said enough on Ozil and I have no idea how he gets away from the criticism. Another no show and didn't help to defend, didn't drop back to help distribute the ball and was hiding for most of the game. He's not an essential player and doesn't turn up for the big games, fucks off and doesn't up his game when under pressure.

It was the wrong game for Iwobi. Not bad in possession but he was terrible on defence. Half assed and no intensity when tracking back. His side was the weakest area and didn't help that Xhaka was coming over to cover his side which was no help at all. I wouldn't have started him anyway. I knew weren't going to dominate possession with Xhaka and Coquelin.

Wenger is an absolute joke of a manager. He has no pride or common sense. Played right into Pep's hands and had no sense to try to rape them on the counter attack after seeing their weakness. He has to go this season.

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 06:41 PM
He's a real piece of shit.

The only thing he was right about was how rubbish Ozil and the Ox were

He was wrong about Ox. He was injured so couldn't run.

Wrong about the offside decisions as well. It wasn't an inch offside for the first goal and Silva should have been called offside. But being honest, Cech should have saved that shot on his near post. He was too slow getting over and didn't move or divert his direction to suggest he though Silva would make contact. Had already committed to diving and stretching early for the save.

Marc Overmars
18-12-2016, 06:43 PM
He was wrong about Ox. He was injured so couldn't run.

Wrong about the offside decisions as well. It wasn't an inch offside for the first goal and Silva should have been called offside. But being honest, Cech should have saved that shot on his near post. He was too slow getting over and didn't move or divert his direction to suggest he though Silva would make contact. Had already committed to diving and stretching early for the save.

Cech has conceded goals at his near post several times. Not good at all, it's his biggest weakness.

fakeyank
18-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Can we please judge Wenger at the end of the season? :letters:

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Chippy
18-12-2016, 06:52 PM

What does that cunt know anyway! Wasn't he sacked after ten games? Wanker!

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 06:59 PM
Wenger blaming it on the players being tired again. And the goals being offside.

After a decade of having to make these same excuses, when is somebody going to challenge him and ask some searching questions?

We know that's not going to happen.

But I curious to know what you thought of Ozil's performance.

Ernesto
18-12-2016, 06:59 PM
What does that cunt know anyway! Wasn't he sacked after ten games? Wanker!

I think the best way is for people not to take notice of this overrated, living off-the-glory of others imbecile. Klopp played into his hands this week by giving him publicity

I think, even at his most annoying worst, Andy Gray wasn't this bad.

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2016, 07:02 PM
We know that's not going to happen.

But I curious to know what you thought of Ozil's performance.

Okay in the first half, anonymous in the second. Pretty much like the rest of them. Coquelin stood out as being particularly poor. Either he had been given crazed instructions or else he lost every last ounce of discipline. And he can't pass to save his life if the slightest amount of pressure is applied.

Marc Overmars
18-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Okay in the first half, anonymous in the second. Pretty much like the rest of them. Coquelin stood out as being particularly poor. Either he had been given crazed instructions or else he lost every last ounce of discipline. And he can't pass to save his life if the slightest amount of pressure is applied.

Coq is about as limited as they come. Without Cazorla's footwork and passing to cover for his limitations, he is shown up to be nothing more than a workhorse. Speaking of Santi, boy do we miss him. Last season he got injured at the same time of year and our form nosedived. History is repeating itself.

Xhaka needs to find his feet quickly. We need him.

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 07:15 PM

Many poor performances but just focus on Ozil. Coquelin wasn't bad on defence but tried to do more than what he was capable of when it came to pushing us forward.

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Coq is about as limited as they come. Without Cazorla's footwork and passing to cover for his limitations, he is shown up to be nothing more than a workhorse. Speaking of Santi, boy do we miss him. Last season he got injured at the same time of year and our form nosedived. History is repeating itself.

Xhaka needs to find his feet quickly. We need him.

He is limited but people we have bought in to pass and control the midfield aren't helping at all. Xhaka in particular. Ozil also because he should be dropping back to look for the ball. Iwobi also was played to help with possession. Wenger needs to rethink his selection. Coquelin made most of the tackles but Xhaka made 1 of 4. We lose Coq from the equation and we'd probably not won the ball back at all.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-12-2016, 07:20 PM
I find it amusing and pointless that anyone is discussing what players performed and what players didn't perform when we know there was only one reason we lost, the same reason we always lose when it gets tough or the pressure is on.

Doesn't matter what players play, it will always be the same.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-12-2016, 07:21 PM
He is limited but people we have bought in to pass and control the midfield aren't helping at all. Xhaka in particular. Ozil also because he should be dropping back to look for the ball. Iwobi also was played to help with possession. Wenger needs to rethink his selection. Coquelin made most of the tackles but Xhaka made 1 of 4. We lose Coq from the equation and we'd probably not won the ball back at all.

It's a vicious cycle because we have seen playing Coquelin and Elneny leads to zero creativity. I think we can set up any system we like with whatever players we like and there is one constant holding us back.

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 07:32 PM
It's a vicious cycle because we have seen playing Coquelin and Elneny leads to zero creativity. I think we can set up any system we like with whatever players we like and there is one constant holding us back.

I'm going off the pre season. Not much to go on because of the nature of the game, but in the first half we were dominated by City in that game and it's only when Elneny came on that we got a foothold and won.

It does matter what players play. We didn't lose to City last season and we beat them at their ground the year before last.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-12-2016, 08:03 PM
I'm going off the pre season. Not much to go on because of the nature of the game, but in the first half we were dominated by City in that game and it's only when Elneny came on that we got a foothold and won.

It does matter what players play. We didn't lose to City last season and we beat them at their ground the year before last.

Difference between pre season friendly and actual game (we beat city in a pre season friendly in 2013 and lost 6-3 at their ground that season), and difference between beating a side managed by Manuel Pellegrini who is another Wenger and beating one managed by Pep Guardiola.

The players you pick should be important, but with this manager they aren't.....because even if he gets the right players in the right positions he gets the tactics so totally wrong.

It's a shame Cazorla is injured, but with Coquelin and Elneny there would have been a problem breaking just like there was today.

Munchies
18-12-2016, 08:11 PM
https://youtu.be/JHNBttv0ceA

:bow:

Munchies
18-12-2016, 08:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnJOPZPQ9j8

:haha:

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Difference between pre season friendly and actual game (we beat city in a pre season friendly in 2013 and lost 6-3 at their ground that season), and difference between beating a side managed by Manuel Pellegrini who is another Wenger and beating one managed by Pep Guardiola.

The players you pick should be important, but with this manager they aren't.....because even if he gets the right players in the right positions he gets the tactics so totally wrong.

It's a shame Cazorla is injured, but with Coquelin and Elneny there would have been a problem breaking just like there was today.

We have beaten Pep teams before and it's not as if they played well against us. We'd have been best set up to counter but it's not as if we couldn't counter. As the game unravelled, the conditions were perfect to play on the counter but the effort just wasn't there from the players. I don't know why but it's time to stop deflecting. We weren't even close to playing at our full potential and it's not because we weren't allowed to play our game because City were poor.

Chippy
18-12-2016, 08:32 PM
:(

Christmas is cancelled
Love this guy😂

http://youtu.be/JHNBttv0ceA

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-12-2016, 08:34 PM
We have beaten Pep teams before and it's not as if they played well against us. We'd have been best set up to counter but it's not as if we couldn't counter. As the game unravelled, the conditions were perfect to play on the counter but the effort just wasn't there from the players. I don't know why but it's time to stop deflecting. We weren't even close to playing at our full potential and it's not because we weren't allowed to play our game because City were poor.

I'm not deflecting anything, I just think ultimately it's the manager to blame it's not absolving players of responsibility. He's proved once again he can't hack it. I still think DT is a semi literate oath but he was spot on identifying this game and Everton as the two games that would define whether we could win the title. And no we can't, the title is over now and that means the manager should be gone.

Munchies
18-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Love this guy��

http://youtu.be/JHNBttv0ceA

DT is a legend

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 08:49 PM
I'm not deflecting anything, I just think ultimately it's the manager to blame it's not absolving players of responsibility. He's proved once again he can't hack it. I still think DT is a semi literate oath but he was spot on identifying this game and Everton as the two games that would define whether we could win the title. And no we can't, the title is over now and that means the manager should be gone.

The buck stops with the manager but I'm not so quick to skate past the poor performers. Especially Ozil considering all I've said before. Cech shouldn't be beaten on his near post and we should expect a heck of a lot more from Xhaka and Ozil.

Marc Overmars
18-12-2016, 08:58 PM
https://youtu.be/bnJOPZPQ9j8

Claude with a full on meltdown. :haha:

Letters
18-12-2016, 09:01 PM
#WengerOut, basically.
I said before it wasn't a 'must win' but with the Chelsea result it was close to and it was definitely a must not lose.
Two games in a week where we've been 1-0 up and lost. Not good enough.
It's results like this which are the difference between champions and also-rans and we're the latter again. Shame.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-12-2016, 09:02 PM
The buck stops with the manager but I'm not so quick to skate past the poor performers. Especially Ozil considering all I've said before. Cech shouldn't be beaten on his near post and we should expect a heck of a lot more from Xhaka and Ozil.

I don't disagree the point is these are the type of performances both as a team and as individuals that one would come to expect of a manager like this, has Wenger ever questioned Ozil or threatened his place in the team for not rolling his sleeves up more ?

The Verminator
18-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Simply not good enough but nobody is surprised. After the Everton game we had to come back strong and that second half performance was a disgrace.

Time to perform Seppuku Mr. Wenger.

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2016, 09:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnJOPZPQ9j8

:haha:

These guys are an embarrassment to the club and to themselves. It has to be a publicity wind up. At their ages, can it possibly matter that much? And if it does, what does it say about their lives? And why not save all the screaming and shouting for during the game? Wenger's not even there to hear them screaming, he doesn't give a shit.

Ralpheroo72
18-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Same shit, different season. Nothing will change, until there is a change in manager. Rinse, and repeat.

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 09:19 PM
I don't disagree the point is these are the type of performances both as a team and as individuals that one would come to expect of a manager like this, has Wenger ever questioned Ozil or threatened his place in the team for not rolling his sleeves up more ?

Wenger is just as soft as some of his players. I doubt he'll say anything. But that's not far from what's been going on with the fans. Ozil has been playing the great magician with his world famous disappearing act for far too long. But with a title on the line and personal pride at stake, I don't know why that level of performance was acceptable for himself. It's not a one off either.

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2016, 09:26 PM

For me, the defining games have already come and gone. It was obvious weeks ago we weren't in this title race. The performances just weren't there, despite the fact we were beating up on shitty opponents and had one decent outing against the chavs. Worse, there's no sign of anything that could raise these performances. Alexis can't do it on his own week in, week out. There's no sign of the defensive shortcomings being addressed, no sign of the midfield being knitted into a unit, no sign of anyone emerging who can step into Santi's boots, no sign that the front guys are capable of dragging up game changing contributions when the team as a whole is lethargic and disinterested. Alexis aside of course, through the sheer amount of work he is prepared to do as he watches his teammates stroll around him or stand like ornaments on the edge of the box.

It all comes down the the total absence of ambition that runs from the pinnacle of the club, down through an executive that is focused anywhere but on the pitch, through a shockingly out of touch, gutless manager, a bunch of pampered players who are revelling in the fact they are never pushed, then down to the majority of the fans who continue to make excuses for this shit show and continue to somehow live in hope that by doing the same things over and over again there will be a different outcome. We are so desperately short of winners at this club and we're offering no incentives at all beyond a weekly cheque drawn on the back of the overtaxed fans that is supposed to compensate for the embarrassment and humiliation that ensues each time we meekly bow out on another failed season.

We're a very well run, financially stable, shareholder friendly, laughing stock. The minority laughing their way to the bank, football observers laughing at the idea we have the balls to win anything.

Wenger out. How blindingly obvious does it have to get before the fans twig? It has to be the fans because the board is the happiest bunch of pigs rolling in shit you could possibly imagine.

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Wenger is just as soft as some of his players. I doubt he'll say anything. But that's not far from what's been going on with the fans. Ozil has been playing the great magician with his world famous disappearing act for far too long. But with a title on the line and personal pride at stake, I don't know why that level of performance was acceptable for himself. It's not a one off either.

How can you possibly think that the shit going on at Arsenal is down to Ozil? Are you serious?

So why didn't we win a title with Fabregas? Or RvC? Or name any player in a decade? Why do the same shortcomings still materialise now, 10 years on? Ozil wasn't even playing back then. You may not like him. You may not thing he's contributing. Whatever. But to equate him as a problem on a level with Wenger, that's pure lunacy and shows you've gone off the deep end on this strange campaign. You were sticking up for Walcott earlier as you tried to finger Ozil in his stead. Well Theo Walcott is indeed a player who has been here throughout. That's a lot of years delivering fuck all squared. Perhaps the fans will all berate Ozil in 9 years, if he ends up being as big a non-entity as Theo Walcott.

Globalgunner
18-12-2016, 09:47 PM
You have to excuse PnG. He really thinks Walcott is brilliant. Genuine Ballon Dor brilliant

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 10:03 PM
How can you possibly think that the shit going on at Arsenal is down to Ozil? Are you serious?

So why didn't we win a title with Fabregas? Or RvC? Or name any player in a decade? Why do the same shortcomings still materialise now, 10 years on? Ozil wasn't even playing back then. You may not like him. You may not thing he's contributing. Whatever. But to equate him as a problem on a level with Wenger, that's pure lunacy and shows you've gone off the deep end on this strange campaign. You were sticking up for Walcott earlier as you tried to finger Ozil in his stead. Well Theo Walcott is indeed a player who has been here throughout. That's a lot of years delivering fuck all squared. Perhaps the fans will all berate Ozil in 9 years, if he ends up being as big a non-entity as Theo Walcott.

Again, deflecting. I've said enough on Wenger to know his flaws. I probably said 5 years ago that we need real world class performers in key positions just to overcome Wenger's flaws. As the season goes, it's becoming more clear that Ozil isn't one of those players. But you in particular tend to skate past that point but at the same time quick to dig in on the more limited players like Walcott who scored again against City. We need to strengthen our squad and find players willing to step up and down all possible with what they possess to win us the ball, the points, etc. I can't respect Ozil's performance and won't make excuses just because of how much we paid for him.

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 10:03 PM
You have to excuse PnG. He really thinks Walcott is brilliant. Genuine Ballon Dor brilliant

I think you're an idiot.

Globalgunner
18-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Again, deflecting. I've said enough on Wenger to know his flaws. I probably said 5 years ago that we need real world class performers in key positions just to overcome Wenger's flaws. As the season goes, it's becoming more clear that Ozil isn't one of those players. But you in particular tend to skate past that point but at the same time quick to dig in on the more limited players like Walcott who scored again against City. We need to strengthen our squad and find players willing to step up and down all possible with what they possess to win us the ball, the points, etc. I can't respect Ozil's performance and won't make excuses just because of how much we paid for him.

What you need to understand is that there are no numbers of WC players that can make up for Wengers deficiencies. The only way we could succeed with him in charge would be to have him tied up at the training ground and play with a cardboard cut out in his chair. That way the players can sort it out themselves on the pitch. We used to have 6 WC players in the team. We still couldnt win the CL or retain a PL title.

Globalgunner
18-12-2016, 10:08 PM
I think you're an idiot.

It really doesnt matter what you think

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 10:34 PM
What you need to understand is that there are no numbers of WC players that can make up for Wengers deficiencies. The only way we could succeed with him in charge would be to have him tied up at the training ground and play with a cardboard cut out in his chair. That way the players can sort it out themselves on the pitch. We used to have 6 WC players in the team. We still couldnt win the CL or retain a PL title.

That's just stupid. Left to their own devices and little instruction/motivation, this is what we're getting, hence why I say there should be some sort of pride the players performance regardless of tactics. At the very least, these guys should be playing to their full potential.

Gooner23
18-12-2016, 10:44 PM
The worst thing about today is that seeing Chelsea win twice since the Everton game the players must have known this was a must win. City were there for the taking, missing Aguero and defensively a shambles. But once again we choke when it matters. Nothing changes.

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2016, 10:49 PM

Of course we need quality all over the pitch and 10 years in the Emirates, the place we moved to so we could compete at the top level of the game, is long enough to have built what we need to be serious challengers in the PL and in Europe. We have 4 or 5 of those pieces in place when it should be 11. But if you think Ozil is not one of those pieces then that's your opinion but it won't be shared by many others. Ask them if they believe Walcott is a player on whom to build progress and you'll likely get the opposite answer, even if he did score today. So what? Does that mean Theo has finally arrived?

Yes he scored, but he also missed today when 2-0 probably would have sealed the result. Ozil missed against Everton when that probably would have sealed the result. But we've seen Theo miss, how many hundreds of times? Where's the improvement in Theo since he came here as a kid? It's nowhere. And players like Walcott are part of the reason why we aren't challenging. He's not a terrible player, but he's very limited and he's certainly not top tier. So when you have him in the team then expect to drag down every other player in the team a notch. Then add 90 million worth of 2nd tier players, a few players who accidentally found their way into the team and did well enough to stay, a decidedly second rate striker like Giroud. This isn't going to be a winning team. If your solution is get rid of Ozil then we disagree for obvious reasons.

Power n Glory
18-12-2016, 10:58 PM
NQ, like most people, you'd struggle to explain Ozil's role in this team, especially now he's not actually helping to create chances or hold possession. Pay the man whatever he wants for more of that? No thanks. It's not justified. If he' now focused solely on making runs behind the space that Sanchez vacates to score goals, we can easily find someone else that's a better striker to do that. Heck, I'm tempted to say he should play wide in Iwobi's role but not if he won't defend.

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 12:02 AM
NQ, like most people, you'd struggle to explain Ozil's role in this team, especially now he's not actually helping to create chances or hold possession. Pay the man whatever he wants for more of that? No thanks. It's not justified. If he' now focused solely on making runs behind the space that Sanchez vacates to score goals, we can easily find someone else that's a better striker to do that. Heck, I'm tempted to say he should play wide in Iwobi's role but not if he won't defend.

First up, hardly anyone has a role in the team. Players are all over the pitch, or dashing around the place madly because they aren't positioned or covering properly in the first placed. It's a complete nuthouse resided over by the chief nutjob Wenger. I think he imagines it's some sort of total football when in reality it's a total shambles.

Ozil's absolutely crucial role, because hardly anyone else seems to be able to do it anymore, is to receive the ball, not immediately lose it and then pass it to one of his own teammates. He's very good at this and good job too because the task of his teammates seems to be get the ball, lose it, or do the hard part and then fuck up the simple part. You really want another player in Ozil's shirt that spends the whole time making shitty flicks, or fucking up simple passes or beating 12 players and then launching it out of the stadium?

Ozil will also be a key player in the opposition's planning (because unlike our guy, opposition managers will employ stuff like tactics and they'll do things like take the opponent into account when coming up with a game plan). I would think Ozil is always first on their list and for good reason, because if you aren't all over him he'll pick you apart with accurate passes and he's technical enough to keep possession while other players twig there's and opportunity to get forward. Importantly, Ozil will then find them with the pass as opposed to passing straight to the opposition and leaving his teammates stranded up the field, like Coquelin does.

But an official role? No of course not. This is a Wenger team. What role do you think he should have and what makes you think Wenger would ever go for playing an organised system with designated roles?

AFC Leveller
19-12-2016, 09:16 AM
Ozil and Sanchez will need to win these big games on their own or at least turn up properly if they want the kind of money they have asked for. Ozil for me is a class player, there is no doubting his quality as a playmaker but in the big games, he often goes missing and looks like he has given up once the opposition score. However, thats not why we lose in the big games, its not why we bottle it when it gets tough, the reason we do so is because of Wenger. How can you lose 2 games in 5 days in exactly the same manner? how can you watch your team commit the same errors and not do anything about it? what the fuck does he say at HT? in both games we stopped trying once we scored and to me it looked like the players and manager got cocky and thought "oh this is easy".

Sanchez wont stick around any longer thats for sure. he kept barking instructions are the players all game asking them to press and get closer to him but he gave up in the end and just sat there thinking "what the fuck am i doing here?". The lack of effort and orgnaisation for evident in both games and it serves as a reminder that Wenger teams are soft and will always always crumble.

selassie
19-12-2016, 09:19 AM
The sad thing about the past week and our pathetic surrenders is I actually I think Wenger genuinely believes we only lost both games because we were robbed by the referee. It's so sad that he thinks this way and refuses to acknowledge the shortcomings of the team and the alarming lack of tactical discipline, did he even prepare the team for these games? I mean properly?

It's also sad that someone as principled as Pep acknowledges he needs to change things up against us yet Wenger just does his usual..."just go out there and play". Wenger will never ever change...what's the point?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-12-2016, 09:23 AM
On one hand, Ozil has very rarely been pivotal in our big physical games away from home and you do wonder if we should have let Wilshere go on loan this season and if we'd been better off playing him rather than Ozil in such games.

On the other hand, P N G even admits he has a bee in his bonnet about Ozil, and sometimes even I have to admit that he does have a point but just as equally the players behind Ozil need to give him as much help as he needs to give them and it's a two way street. His performance the last two games has been unacceptable but i would argue that what he gives to the team is that when he plays well the team plays well, and when he doesn't play well or he doesn't feature the performances dip.

Power n Glory
19-12-2016, 09:56 AM
First up, hardly anyone has a role in the team. Players are all over the pitch, or dashing around the place madly because they aren't positioned or covering properly in the first placed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qJm243irA

Strolling more like. That's disgraceful.

Ozil's absolutely crucial role, because hardly anyone else seems to be able to do it anymore, is to receive the ball, not immediately lose it and then pass it to one of his own teammates. He's very good at this and good job too because the task of his teammates seems to be get the ball, lose it, or do the hard part and then fuck up the simple part. You really want another player in Ozil's shirt that spends the whole time making shitty flicks, or fucking up simple passes or beating 12 players and then launching it out of the stadium?

That's the bare minimum required for any central midfield/attacking midfield player got Arsenal. Hleb, Nasri, Cesc, Arshavin, Cazorla, they all have that ability to control the ball and pass it off. Heck, Denilson, Song, Arteta, Xhaka, Coq and Wilshere can pass the ball and not lose it. You contradict most of your own arguments because we wouldn’t be able to dominate possession and play tippy tappy for the majority of our games if he’s the only player with that ability.

Check the stats and recall the game yesterday, Ozil lost the ball more often than Coquelin and despite having the superior footwork, wasn’t good in tight spaces. 40 out of 47 of his passes were short passes. Only 19 passes were successfully played forward and he played the same amount of successful passes backwards. Isn’t that an example of the #TippyTappy you can’t stand? Not one successful take on and we’ve all seen he’s exceptional with the ball at his feet. He’s capable of so much more. We were struggling with possession yesterday and it didn’t help that he wasn’t helping to close down the opposition to win the ball back or drop deep to help our midfield mount an attack. He can’t do it all on his own but there was a serious lack of effort yesterday. Am I out of line for saying that?

Power n Glory
19-12-2016, 10:15 AM
On one hand, Ozil has very rarely been pivotal in our big physical games away from home and you do wonder if we should have let Wilshere go on loan this season and if we'd been better off playing him rather than Ozil in such games.

On the other hand, P N G even admits he has a bee in his bonnet about Ozil, and sometimes even I have to admit that he does have a point but just as equally the players behind Ozil need to give him as much help as he needs to give them and it's a two way street. His performance the last two games has been unacceptable but i would argue that what he gives to the team is that when he plays well the team plays well, and when he doesn't play well or he doesn't feature the performances dip.

I have a bee in my bonnet over players performing way below their standard and potential. Arshavin was slaughtered for a lot less.

Xhaka Can’t
19-12-2016, 10:20 AM
It really doesnt matter what you think

It doesn't matter what any of us think.

We're fucked and we are staying fucked in the most boring way imaginable.

No peaks.

No troughs.

Just the same shit every fucking season until the Manager and his shareholders are finished sucking what little life this club still has out of it.

selassie
19-12-2016, 10:24 AM

That's the bare minimum required for any central midfield/attacking midfield player got Arsenal. Hleb, Nasri, Cesc, Arshavin, Cazorla, they all have that ability to control the ball and pass it off. Heck, Denilson, Song, Arteta, Xhaka, Coq and Wilshere can pass the ball and not lose it. You contradict most of your own arguments because we wouldn’t be able to dominate possession and play tippy tappy for the majority of our games if he’s the only player with that ability.

Check the stats and recall the game yesterday, Ozil lost the ball more often than Coquelin and despite having the superior footwork, wasn’t good in tight spaces. 40 out of 47 of his passes were short passes. Only 19 passes were successfully played forward and he played the same amount of successful passes backwards. Isn’t that an example of the #TippyTappy you can’t stand? Not one successful take on and we’ve all seen he’s exceptional with the ball at his feet. He’s capable of so much more. We were struggling with possession yesterday and it didn’t help that he wasn’t helping to close down the opposition to win the ball back or drop deep to help our midfield mount an attack. He can’t do it all on his own but there was a serious lack of effort yesterday. Am I out of line for saying that?

The past week has shown me that Ozil doesn't like doing any of the dirty work, he seldom presses and doesn't want to get stuck in. For all of Ozil's qualities and we all know what they are he is not above doing the DIRTY work, especially when the team desperately needs him to it.

We can't afford for him to have off days when the going gets tough, we need everyone of our outfield players fighting for the cause if we are to have any whif of success this season, Ozil is one of them and he isn't above getting his shorts dirty. If Ozil isn't given the time and space to create then he needs to go above and beyond to fight for the team, he will need to modify his approach in these big games if we are to be successful, it goes beyond it being a one-off, Ozil sucks in the big games away from home and it's about time he stepped up and started producing in them, the talent is there...is the application and desire?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-12-2016, 10:34 AM
I have a bee in my bonnet over players performing way below their standard and potential. Arshavin was slaughtered for a lot less.

The thing is Ozil used to get panned ridiculously unfairly because people didn't take note of the influence he had on our play about two years ago, and just criticised him on what was seen as a lack of work rate because you don't see him running himself into the ground like Sanchez does.

And now i look at him as one player amongst many who isn't performing, i don't blame Sanchez because he's having to drop so deep just to get the ball

But Xhaka, Coquelin, Ozil, Walcott, Monreal (well he's terrible anyway) are all letting the team down

I would add Mustafi to that list as well but he hasn't been playing but when he was, he was all over the place and has contributed to our defence looking shaky

Ozil is a pivotal player and i don't think it's acceptable that a player we paid so much for, doesn't turn up when the going gets tough.....but i think there is a singular tendency to give him abuse.

If we had Wilshere in the team I would drop Ozil for the next few games for sure (well i would have started Wilshere against City), but with Cazorla injured and Ramsey who you just can't trust anywhere near the first eleven we haven't left ourselves with a lot of options.

Power n Glory
19-12-2016, 10:53 AM
The past week has shown me that Ozil doesn't like doing any of the dirty work, he seldom presses and doesn't want to get stuck in. For all of Ozil's qualities and we all know what they are he is not above doing the DIRTY work, especially when the team desperately needs him to it.

We can't afford for him to have off days when the going gets tough, we need everyone of our outfield players fighting for the cause if we are to have any whif of success this season, Ozil is one of them and he isn't above getting his shorts dirty. If Ozil isn't given the time and space to create then he needs to go above and beyond to fight for the team, he will need to modify his approach in these big games if we are to be successful, it goes beyond it being a one-off, Ozil sucks in the big games away from home and it's about time he stepped up and started producing in them, the talent is there...is the application and desire?

I give a certain amount of leniency when it comes to the defensive work of attackers but the above clip takes the biscuit. It’s worse because his attacking contribution isn’t enough to forgive that level of laziness. If he’d suddenly explode into action and produce a pass that can put Sanchez/Walcott one on one with the keeper or at least a the sort of pass De Bryune unleased to Sterling….fine. Save your legs. But I’m really struggling to see what his role is for the team right now. If he's supposed to be playing a false 9 like Sanchez, I question where he's the right man for the job.

Power n Glory
19-12-2016, 11:03 AM
The thing is Ozil used to get panned ridiculously unfairly because people didn't take note of the influence he had on our play about two years ago, and just criticised him on what was seen as a lack of work rate because you don't see him running himself into the ground like Sanchez does.

And now i look at him as one player amongst many who isn't performing, i don't blame Sanchez because he's having to drop so deep just to get the ball

But Xhaka, Coquelin, Ozil, Walcott, Monreal (well he's terrible anyway) are all letting the team down

I would add Mustafi to that list as well but he hasn't been playing but when he was, he was all over the place and has contributed to our defence looking shaky

Ozil is a pivotal player and i don't think it's acceptable that a player we paid so much for, doesn't turn up when the going gets tough.....but i think there is a singular tendency to give him abuse.

If we had Wilshere in the team I would drop Ozil for the next few games for sure (well i would have started Wilshere against City), but with Cazorla injured and Ramsey who you just can't trust anywhere near the first eleven we haven't left ourselves with a lot of options.

Where do you see abuse in what I post? I question where he's influential and how he does it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Where do you see abuse in what I post? I question where he's influential and how he does it.

If i meant you i would have said you, there has been a long standing tendency for Arsenal fans to single him out for abuse to clarify

All I said is that you have a bee in your bonnet about him, not the same thing. Like I say your criticisms aren't always without merit but I think he's somewhat become the focal point of your ire, in the same way Ramsey has long been of mine.

Munchies
19-12-2016, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY_uXrBe48A

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-12-2016, 11:45 AM

I love Arsenal Fan TV although i'm still not convinced that they aren't paid actors :lol:

It's like an adult version of the muppet show meets Police Academy

Claude Cagliari was listed as a missing person by Essex Police when the twitter trolls got too much for him. Obviously i don't want to dig at anyone who has depression, but with social media if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.....nuts to all these safe spaces.

And Robbie is the ultimate Agent Provocateur, he lights the fuse under these people.

Power n Glory
19-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Ozil is the focal point because any criticism of him is met with the most resistances from fans. Also, opinions vary on what it is he’s supposed to be doing. I keep hearing different answers. I’ve heard so many people talk of his appreciation for space and his intelligence and ability to the game, his movement and finding pockets of space, etc. In games like yesterday and where we’re struggling in midfield to find an outlet, all the above is ineffective. You could even interpret it as hiding and I’ve seen lesser players accused of the above.

Even when people say he’s dropping back because Sanchez is taking up most of the space he used to occupy, how is that not resulting in more control over the midfield since we have more bodies back there? It’s because he’s not actually helping us keep possession and it goes back to the same problems we had when we’d play Arteta, Wilshere and Ramsey in midfield. All three were incapable of controlling the midfield, zero midfield discipline and intelligence from Wilshere and Ramsey in particular. But I expect a heck a lot more from Ozil and Xhaka. Mainly Ozil because I know he’s capable of more than what he’s showing. Xhaka just seems a mistake with a high price tag. I I’d rather we played Elneny. But that’s another discussion.

Power n Glory
19-12-2016, 12:12 PM
GW is broken.

Munchies
19-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Ozil is the focal point because any criticism of him is met with the most resistances from fans. Also, opinions vary on what it is he’s supposed to be doing. I keep hearing different answers. I’ve heard so many people talk of his appreciation for space and his intelligence and ability to the game, his movement and finding pockets of space, etc. In games like yesterday and where we’re struggling in midfield to find an outlet, all the above is ineffective. You could even interpret it as hiding and I’ve seen lesser players accused of the above.

Even when people say he’s dropping back because Sanchez is taking up most of the space he used to occupy, how is that not resulting in more control over the midfield since we have more bodies back there? It’s because he’s not actually helping us keep possession and it goes back to the same problems we had when we’d play Arteta, Wilshere and Ramsey in midfield. All three were incapable of controlling the midfield, zero midfield discipline and intelligence from Wilshere and Ramsey in particular. But I expect a heck a lot more from Ozil and Xhaka. Mainly Ozil because I know he’s capable of more than what he’s showing. Xhaka just seems a mistake with a high price tag. I I’d rather we played Elneny. But that’s another discussion.

I agree with you

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 01:11 PM

No, no, no. Your argument is and has always been that he's a luxury player and we don't need him. Taken on the evidence of a 13 second clip, perhaps you are right. Taken on the evidence of two and a bit seasons you are dead wrong. We have no context for that clip whatsoever, but let's assume that like all the other players on that pitch yesterday, excluding Giroud who did seem to give it a go when he came on, Ozil gave up. Well sure, that's totally unacceptable and somebody needs to slap him around a bit and remind him why he's here and why he's getting paid by the wheelbarrow. The exact same thing can be said for the rest of them, even Alexis can't get a pass for that second half performance yesterday. And certainly Walcott can't.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2016/2017/mesut_özil/641/641/123/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/francis_coquelin/641/641/380/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/david_silva/641/641/308/0/p|premier_league/2016/2017/theo_walcott/641/641/79/0/p#total_score/possession_score/total_forward_passes/total_backward_passes/total_passes/successful_passes/pass_completion/key_passes/assists/chances_created/goals_scored/total_shots/shot_accuracy#90

Taken over the season we can see precisely why Ozil is so vital to this misfiring team. Yesterday's statistics in one thing, the season statistics something entirely different. If Ozil's not on that pitch then we have a lot less meaningful possession and do a lot less with the ball when we do have it. Especially with Santi missing. What, are you going to rely on Walcott to make the play? I'm not sure how you get an average score of MINUS 10.62 for possession but it more than gives a clue why we can't rely on him to control a game. As for Coquelin, if he outperformed Ozil yesterday then that's the exception, not the rule.

Saying Ozil should be benched or is not necessary at all is like the gypos shooting their feet off by leaving Silva sidelined. Why would they do that and why would we? Can we expect more from Ozil. Yes, especially if he wants a big pay bump. That's a fair criticism. Let's see more from him. Let's see him start to grab these games and stamp his influence on them. I'm all for that. But I'm not for making huge over-reactions and spiting ourselves by losing what he has been steadily providing. Unfortunately for him he's playing in a plodding, often static outfield. The dashing about I was referring to concerns our stricken defenders who have to suffer Wenger's bullshit system of leaving huge spaces and then using pace to try to recover the problems we make for ourselves. Comedy at the back. Lethargy up front. The Wenger Way.

Bumble
19-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Look we lost consecutive games not the end of the world. the chavs lost two games in a row against us and Liverpool and were pretty out played in both then they go on a long unbeaten run and are now favourites for the league.

We have a relatively straight forward run of fixutres in the league, an easy FA Cup game and only two more games left in the CL. So we can focus on the league.

lets be positive..... being optimistic has been shown that it makes you live longer and we have to live longer to give us a chance of seeing another Wenger Title.

Munchies
19-12-2016, 01:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0CnzAAXAAIKWZ1.jpg

selassie
19-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Look we lost consecutive games not the end of the world. the chavs lost two games in a row against us and Liverpool and were pretty out played in both then they go on a long unbeaten run and are now favourites for the league.

We have a relatively straight forward run of fixutres in the league, an easy FA Cup game and only two more games left in the CL. So we can focus on the league.

lets be positive..... being optimistic has been shown that it makes you live longer and we have to live longer to give us a chance of seeing another Wenger Title.

Of course it's not the end of the world but it's not something to be positive about either, we didn't play well in either game we lost.

Chelsea completely changed their formation after losing to us and Liverpool, it remains to be seen whether Arsene will make any changes...he's already complaining about the referee performance in both games so I am assuming he feels we were unlucky.

I do agree that we have a relatively straight forward run of fixtures and come February we should be in a very strong position, anything other than maximum points over the next 6 league games and we can forget about any prolonged title challenge....if you want to call it that.

Chances of seeing another Wenger Title? :lol:

Goonermerree
19-12-2016, 01:52 PM
Another day to feel the disappointment in our footballing lives. I didn't see the first half, but Alan Green on 5 Live said we were good, Alexis was immense and City were woeful. My question is for those of you who did see the first half how, against a team in which we had the upper hand, a team without it's best striker and a woeful defence, did we not go for the jugular and get at least one more goal before half time? What the @@@ were we doing?

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 01:54 PM
Something seriously wrong with the forum. That AFTV video is replacing posts, but if you quote the post you see the original content.

Either this is some form of weird propaganda/ censorship (most likely), or there is a fault or corruption in the system (highly unlikely)

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 01:55 PM

Could you PLEASE just stay on topic and post that AFTV video!

Globalgunner
19-12-2016, 01:55 PM
We`ve been hacked. Must be the Russians

Goonermerree
19-12-2016, 01:56 PM
I definitely didn't post that.Something is wrong with EFL thread too, it won't load.

Goonermerree
I definitely didn't post that.Something is wrong with EFL thread too, it won't load.

try this

Niall_Quinn
We`ve been hacked. Must be the Russians

Either that or Letters clicked on a big red link that said - DON'T CLICK!

selassie
19-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Either that or Letters clicked on a big red link that said - DON'T CLICK!

:lol:

P.S.

Sort your website out Letters and we will judge you at the end of the season.

Thanks.

fakeyank
19-12-2016, 02:31 PM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FE9fN_hN3mI/hqdefault.jpg

World Class, yeah..

Power n Glory
19-12-2016, 02:38 PM
It's a piss poor record from Wenger. He has to go but he'll stick in there. Is it a fitness issue? Bar Mustafi and Cazorla, we played the same team that wiped the floor with Chelsea. Chelsea weren't in the greatest of shapes but City weren't exactly in great shape considering the players they also had missing.

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 02:47 PM
This should be the official Arsenal forum for sure. Relentless repetition of errors, never changing, always the same result.

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 02:50 PM
Good video. Seen it before though.

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Robbie will be a bit chuffed with the sudden jump in views.

:falsedawn:

Globalgunner
19-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Trump will be confirmed as president elect today. The system is revolting. "She cannae take the strain"

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-12-2016, 03:08 PM
He was confirmed when he won Wisconsin, this whole thing with electors is a nonsense

Marc Overmars
19-12-2016, 03:19 PM

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 03:39 PM
How come Herbert's post wasn't upgraded?

Goonermerree
19-12-2016, 04:13 PM
How come Herbert's post wasn't upgraded?

Why hasn't yours???

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Why hasn't yours???

It will be zapped if I reply to your post. So I'm not going to.

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 05:18 PM
WENGER OUT!!!!!!

Yay - we're back!

Globalgunner
19-12-2016, 05:19 PM
Its the Russians I tell ya. they have hated us ever since we ruined Arshavin`s career.

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 05:28 PM

Munchies
19-12-2016, 05:41 PM
https://youtu.be/wY_uXrBe48A

Goonermerree
19-12-2016, 06:08 PM
I don't know why, but I keep getting a slight feeling of deja vu...

RomfordPele
19-12-2016, 06:19 PM
Happy Xmas...

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/arsenal-board-and-wenger-agree-a-new-two-year-contract/

fakeyank
19-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Happy Xmas...

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/arsenal-board-and-wenger-agree-a-new-two-year-contract/

If this is true, I will stop following all the Arsenal matches from next season till Wenger leaves. Not that its going to matter to those crooks at the club, but I surely hope that there is more than one person like me who will stop following the club. This is the absolute last season I can fathom this clown at the club.

Goonermerree
19-12-2016, 07:11 PM
It's not been confirmed anywhere.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Only one match left to go in this shit show of a year

36 league games played Won 18 Drawn 12 Lost 6
8 European games played Won 4 Drawn 2 Lost 2
8 Domestic cup games played Won 5 Drawn 1 Lost 2

So altogether 27 wins 15 draws 10 defeats

The very definition of mediocre

Goonermerree
19-12-2016, 07:45 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38359424

Maybe there was an element of offside, but we should never have been in that position in the first place. I understand that City were poor in the first half and Walcott scored in the 5th minute, how did we not score more in the first half and finish off the game. I didn't see the first half, what were we doing?

fakeyank
19-12-2016, 08:26 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38359424

I didn't see the first half, what were we doing?

Apart from the goal.. nothing.

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Happy Xmas...

Whether it's real or not, the cocksuckers in charge of the club were always going to keep their money man in the harness. One more year, two more years, three, doesn't really make much difference because all the fuckers need to go. Getting shot of Wenger would have helped on the pitch but it wouldn't be enough. All of them have to be rooted out of the club and sent packing. Only the fans can do it through a sustained campaign, and that's not going to happen. Too many tourist fans who treat football as a consumer item, which is it. So they are getting what they are paying for, a day out in a comfy stadium and maybe a chance to get on the big screen and wave. Plus that kicking around thing that goes on on the grassy bit in the middle which the oiks seem to get excited about from time to time.

Basically our club has been hijacked and assimilated and there's nothing there worth fighting for any more. Let Wenger stay and milk a big fat salary for a few years more, in return for fuck all. Ironically he thinks he's some sort of crusader but what he really is is just another symptom of a rotten world full of losers who have found a way to rig things so they win.

Xhaka Can’t
19-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Let's face it. He is getting another contract. They are coining it in. The one thing I can take comfort from is that none of those coins are mine.

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2016, 09:59 PM
Let's face it. He is getting another contract. They are coining it in. The one thing I can take comfort from is that none of those coins are mine.

On the one hand you can say he's getting a big fat reward for failing to do his job for a decade now. On the other you can say he's getting a big fat reward for being the best in the business (emphasis on business). Depends how you are looking at it, from the comfortable armchair in the cigar club or from outside on the street, nose pressed against the window.

Gooner23
19-12-2016, 10:34 PM

Me too, took the decision a couple of seasons ago not to spend any more on the club until something changes. Cancelled membership, haven't been to any matches or paid out for sky or BT. The greed in the game is sickening.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-12-2016, 03:06 PM

I just looked this up, although it's not massively better than that it is slightly better

it is 2 wins 7 draws and 12 defeats

Niall_Quinn
20-12-2016, 04:47 PM
I just looked this up, although it's not massively better than that it is slightly better

it is 2 wins 7 draws and 12 defeats

Can that be right? I had just assumed we were doing better against top 6 rivals. We've beaten the chavs, the gypos, I guess the 3-0 vs Utd has slipped out of the 21 game window. Fuck, that's really, really, bad. It's a shameful record. How the hell does he keep getting away with it?

Is it right? It doesn't seem right to me. I thought we'd improved but by the look of that we're worse than ever.

Niall_Quinn
20-12-2016, 04:53 PM
The journos have given up doing even basic fact checking. Here the Sun just goes with the zero wins repetition:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2441680/arsenal-news-gunners-away-record-against-the-current-top-six-is-absolutely-horrendous-and-fans-are-not-happy-with-arsene-wenger/

Surely one of their "sports journalists" can remember the chav game? It wasn't so long ago.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-12-2016, 05:00 PM
Can that be right? I had just assumed we were doing better against top 6 rivals. We've beaten the chavs, the gypos, I guess the 3-0 vs Utd has slipped out of the 21 game window. Fuck, that's really, really, bad. It's a shameful record. How the hell does he keep getting away with it?

Is it right? It doesn't seem right to me. I thought we'd improved but by the look of that we're worse than ever.

It's away from Home, the only teams in the current top six we have beaten away from home in the last four years is City in 2015 and Spurs in 2014.

Niall_Quinn
20-12-2016, 05:24 PM
It's away from Home, the only teams in the current top six we have beaten away from home in the last four years is City in 2015 and Spurs in 2014.

Well how have our rivals done away from home over that period? Maybe they have lost a bunch too and maybe these top 6 encounters tend to go with the home team? Not trying to downplay Wenger's shitty achievement of course. Well done him, I say give him 3 more years to see if he can beat that record by delivering just the one win.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Well how have our rivals done away from home over that period? Maybe they have lost a bunch too and maybe these top 6 encounters tend to go with the home team? Not trying to downplay Wenger's shitty achievement of course. Well done him, I say give him 3 more years to see if he can beat that record by delivering just the one win.

Man City

Won 7 Drawn 5 Lost 9

Chelsea

Won 7 Drawn 10 Lost 4

Liverpool

Won 7 Drawn 6 Lost 8

Tottenham

Won 2 Drawn 6 Lost 13

Man United

Won 6 Drawn 7 Lost 8

Ernesto
20-12-2016, 10:18 PM
While it looks bad and while Wenger should rightly be called up on such an atrocious record, it's still a shitty, almost meaningless statistic.

You can still win the league by not winning the so called big games. I'm sure Man Utd did it in the RVC season and Manchester City did when they won it the following season. We just don't show up against the likes of Everton or at home to flipping Middlesbrough.

Furthermore, that statistic blissfully ignores Leicester City. Current top 6 is convenient. It's the top 6 Sky wanted. The top 6 that should always be. Let them ignore the fact that we were the only team to beat the champions on their home turf last season. (Again, before anyone jumps on me, I reiterate that Wenger should be ashamed at constant non performances at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford)

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-12-2016, 10:18 PM
NQ doing a poor letters impression....jeez!

Niall_Quinn
20-12-2016, 11:32 PM
Man City

Won 7 Drawn 5 Lost 9

Chelsea

Won 7 Drawn 10 Lost 4

Liverpool

Won 7 Drawn 6 Lost 8

Tottenham

Won 2 Drawn 6 Lost 13

Man United

Won 6 Drawn 7 Lost 8

We're still better than the spuds.

Niall_Quinn
20-12-2016, 11:35 PM
NQ doing a poor letters impression....jeez!

I'm making an effort not to get wound up by Arsenal any more. I started to develop a nagging doubt that they don't give a shit about whether I'm pissed off or not. So the only person suffering is me. I don't give them any money and now if I can withhold the full range of emotions ranging from rage through contempt through pity, I'll be giving them nothing at all. We'll be even.

radford78
21-12-2016, 02:51 AM
Most feeble, pathetic and undisciplined half of football I have seen from us since we capitulated at home against Watford last season in the FA Cup. Not one player stood up in that half. Ox has done his hamstring. Sanchez hardly moved for the last 5 mins of the game. Now 9 points behind Chelsea and the race is over. So frustrating to watch us go through this again.