03-01-2017, 09:06 PM
Lol

GP
03-01-2017, 09:21 PM
March reaction?

You fucking idiot.

fakeyank
03-01-2017, 09:41 PM
Stopped watching the shit after going 3-0 down. Glad I did.

Another foot note result in the march towards 4th place trophy.

Ernesto
03-01-2017, 09:41 PM
I don't know what to make of that.

Probably shit overall. Need to start these sort of games like a house on fire

selassie
03-01-2017, 09:43 PM
This team :lol:Our defending was comedy, even at the end we gave them chances!

Goonermerree
03-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Rubbish. We shouldn't have been 3 nil down, never mind the ref. Lackluster performance until it was too late. A draw is not good enough. Well played Bournemouth.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-01-2017, 09:45 PM
From where we were, great point.

Getting there in the first place, what bollocks was that?

Globalgunner
03-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Another typical Wenger performance. We cant win anything of note with this man in charge....He wants to make Arsenal into a modern repeat of Mutiny on the Bounty. How long will it take for the majority to get sick of the sight of him?

Niall_Quinn
03-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Midfield diabolical.

Bif a total waste of space for 80 mins and then he opens up. Double edged sword.

Defending really is beyond the pale. No system at all from what I can see, just chase everyone as fast as possible and hope to get a last ditch tackle in. Headless chickens.

Manager a total joke. Howe owned him.

Alexis decided around the 80 min mark to get the ball and run up the pitch. Unsurprisingly the B'mouth defenders didn't like that much and started to crack for the first time.

Guess Alexis will be fined and dropped.

2 points lost. We'll need a longer roll of wallpaper to cover the chasm.

It would be so nice to see a composed, planned out and well executed performance. The thrills and spills of a late come back are fun to watch but to compete we'll need a much better foundation.

Goonermerree
03-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Midfield diabolical.

Bif a total waste of space for 80 mins and then he opens up. Double edged sword.

Defending really is beyond the pale. No system at all from what I can see, just chase everyone as fast as possible and hope to get a last ditch tackle in. Headless chickens.

Manager a total joke. Howe owned him.

Alexis decided around the 80 min mark to get the ball and run up the pitch. Unsurprisingly the B'mouth defenders didn't like that much and started to crack for the first time.

Guess Alexis will be fined and dropped.

2 points lost. We'll need a longer roll of wallpaper to cover the chasm.

It would be so nice to see a composed, planned out and well executed performance. The thrills and spills of a late come back are fun to watch but to compete we'll need a much better foundation.

I don't think of it as a comeback unless we actuality win the thing.

Niall_Quinn
03-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Glorious assist from Xhaka for the 3rd. The good, the bad and the very ugly. All in 90 mins.

Ernesto
03-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Another typical Wenger performance. We cant win anything of note with this man in charge....He wants to make Arsenal into a modern repeat of Mutiny on the Bounty. How long will it take for the majority to get sick of the sight of him?

"You turn your back on me, Sir! God damn your eyes!"

Gooner23
03-01-2017, 10:02 PM
A good old fashioned glorious defeat, Wenger will reel out the excuses no doubt. Draw simply not good enough.

Goonermerree
03-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Mental strength, showed grit:blah::blah: Bournemouth had a day extra to recover than us.:blah::blah:

Gooner23
03-01-2017, 10:06 PM
They also have a tiny squad compared to us, I really don't think we were massively disadvantaged but of course our players went in with that mentality thanks to the loser in charge.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Eddie Howe did make mention of maximising the extra rest. I just feel that if you highlight something that to your players before a match you give the credence to being lethargic.

Goonermerree
03-01-2017, 10:08 PM
They also have a tiny squad compared to us, I really don't think we were massively disadvantaged but of course our players went in with that mentality thanks to the loser in charge.

If they can play like that for 20 minutes at the end, they can't be so tired. Perhaps they could put in that effort at the start, who knows, we could have a chance of winning the game.

Goonermerree
03-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Eddie Howe did make mention of maximising the extra rest. I just feel that if you highlight something that to your players before a match you give the credence to being lethargic.

He's always moaning about the players being tired, it goes back over a decade. I feel tired listening to him going on about it. We were 4th in the list for the best fixtures over the Festive period. Not that much to whinge about.

Marc Overmars
03-01-2017, 10:10 PM
If you think we can win the league this is a damaging result. If you live in the real world and know 3rd or 4th is as good as it's going to get; a superb point.

Goonermerree
03-01-2017, 10:11 PM
If you think we can win the league this is a damaging result. If you live in the real world and know 3rd or 4th is as good as it's going to get; a superb point.

It's not about winning the league for me, it's about playing the best you can.

Gooner23
03-01-2017, 10:14 PM
It helps that Bournemouth were on the back foot, especially when down to 10 men.

I know it's harsh to only have 2 days rest but can Wenger really say he utilised the squad fully. The Ox on bench for both games for example, or Elneny not playing 90 on Sunday despite it being his last game before ACON.

On a positive note Perez has been a pleasant surprise this season, I think he would be well worth a run in the side.

Goonermerree
03-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Mental strength and 38 turn around mentioned several times in the interview.

Globalgunner
03-01-2017, 10:24 PM
The mentality at this club is exemplified by Giroud doing his dance after equalising. To his credit Ox was tugging on him to get back to the centre circle. If Giroud was playing for SAF. He would have 2 black eyes after the game. 2nd rate mentality rife all over the morons

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Is this a fucking joke?? I get home to see this???? Stunning comeback?? Who gives a shit, our title hopes are disintegrating before our eyes FFS!

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-01-2017, 10:54 PM

I think it was the wise man Pulis who said players are very easy to manipulate in that if you let it be known they should be tired, they will suddenly be tired.

Then I think he went on to talk about the mines.

Letters
03-01-2017, 11:30 PM
Spirit :bow:

Marc Overmars
03-01-2017, 11:37 PM
We'll judge the spirit in May.

Dicks and chicks
03-01-2017, 11:49 PM
It helps that Bournemouth were on the back foot, especially when down to 10 men.

I know it's harsh to only have 2 days rest but can Wenger really say he utilised the squad fully. The Ox on bench for both games for example, or Elneny not playing 90 on Sunday despite it being his last game before ACON.

On a positive note Perez has been a pleasant surprise this season, I think he would be well worth a run in the side.

Perez shoots though. Can't see him making it at arsenal with actions like that

Power n Glory
03-01-2017, 11:53 PM
Switched off and went out around the 60 minute mark. Missed all the goals. It's two points dropped. No idea why Wenger would try Ramsey as the number 10 when Iwobi played well in his last game. Why switch it up?

No excuse on rest because Ramsey has hardly played all season but left Bellerin out to dry for that first goal. Bellerin should have done better as well. Xhaka is a waste of money. No idea why we bought a long ball merchant that can't tackle, can't dribble and hardly scores.

Cech is getting beat way too easily. Shocking again for that 3rd goal. Be prepared to see more of this shite.

Niall_Quinn
04-01-2017, 12:14 AM
Plainly players are allowed to relax and set their own comfort zones at this club. Play when they want, skive when they fancy it, have whole seasons off, claim injury at the slightest twinge, it's one hell of an easy life at Wenger's Arsenal, that's for sure.

I wanted Vidal here because he'd be like Alexis, a self-motivator who wouldn't give a shit about Wenger's holiday camp attitude. Alexis gets the shit kicked out of him every game and he gets the hump if he's prevented from turning up for more. Giroud is getting the plaudits after this latest farce but it was Alexis who decided to put his foot down and start demonstrating the supposed gap between the millionaire internationals at this club and the honest but (supposedly) limited team from Bournemouth.

It was embarrassing the way they passed around us today as if we were the mid-table fillers. Even more embarrassing (though painfully familiar) to watch Wenger shrugging his shoulders and losing his temper over being outthought by Howe.

The big question here is, with the exception of Alexis, where is the fire in these players? Why aren't they humiliated by performances like this, the first 70 minutes anyway? You could say they showed passion in the end but all off the back of Alexis, if he hadn't been on that pitch we wouldn't have scored one, let alone three.

It all starts at the top, the owner who couldn't give a shit about the game of football. Then the manager who would much rather moan about the fixture list that say fuck it, bring 'em all on! This rotten attitude hangs over the place and smothers the players. I wonder is Ozil even ill, or is he just having a Winter break on the sly? And where has Theo gone again? What about Coquelin? Can he really only give us 5 minutes of football between injuries these days? Did you see Alexis' ankle after that cunt of an Argie tried to break it in the Copa final? The guy played the whole match and then he jumped on a plane back to training with us in no time flat.

Are we seriously, I mean fucking seriously, dithering around over re-signing this guy? The way things stand he's the only bloke in the whole place, from top to bottom, we can depend on. Give him the fucking money already. Jesus!

Who are we going to get to replace him? Another softie who likes the comfortable life? We're like a rest home for players between clubs.

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 07:17 AM
Google Ramsey's comments about this comeback sends a message to our rivals. :lol:

Just saw Giroud's celebration after his goal. What a bunch of selfish cunts we have in this team. Why the heck is running off to the crowd like he just won us the tie? He needs to come crashing back down to earth.

AFC Leveller
04-01-2017, 07:27 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/03/23/3BD2B41C00000578-0-image-a-41_1483485737138.jpg

feel for this guy, he is by far our best player and hardest worker.

Gooner23
04-01-2017, 07:44 AM
Google Ramsey's comments about this comeback sends a message to our rivals. :lol:

Just saw Giroud's celebration after his goal. What a bunch of selfish cunts we have in this team. Why the heck is running off to the crowd like he just won us the tie? He needs to come crashing back down to earth.

The only message it sends is that we absolutely will not win the league. Not with this loser in charge anyway.

Marc Overmars
04-01-2017, 08:26 AM
I'm sure our rivals are quaking in their boots.

selassie
04-01-2017, 08:31 AM

Yeah just seen the Ramsey comments, it's sad really. This loser mentally is ingrained in the culture of the club, they accept mediocrity, accept being second best, Wenger is largely to blame, comments such as "winning isn't everything" and "4th place is like winning a trophy" are shameful. You don't hear shit like this said at any of our rivals.

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 09:00 AM
Yeah just seen the Ramsey comments, it's sad really. This loser mentally is ingrained in the culture of the club, they accept mediocrity, accept being second best, Wenger is largely to blame, comments such as "winning isn't everything" and "4th place is like winning a trophy" are shameful. You don't hear shit like this said at any of our rivals.

Embarrassing stuff from the guys. Giroud couldn't wait to do that scorpion kick celebration after scoring. What a knob! :lol: At least act like you have some class.

Marc Overmars
04-01-2017, 09:08 AM
At least Oxlade was thinking straight by pulling him away. We really do ourselves no favours with the whole over celebrating shtick that we're mocked for.

AFC Leveller
04-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Yesterday showed that when we dont have Ozil and Santi, we are really shit. We cant keep the ball enough or play dangerous balls into good positions.

AFC Leveller
04-01-2017, 09:29 AM
can anyone tell me what the difference was between the Xaka foul and the Fraser foul on Bellerin? one was given (pel) and the other wasnt?

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 09:35 AM
At least Oxlade was thinking straight by pulling him away. We really do ourselves no favours with the whole over celebrating shtick that we're mocked for.

Credit to Ox for pulling the idiot back. He knew that wasn’t the time to be dancing around like a damn fairy. :lol:

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 09:45 AM
can anyone tell me what the difference was between the Xaka foul and the Fraser foul on Bellerin? one was given (pel) and the other wasnt?

Xhaka kinda cut across the goal to get to his man and just barged him down. It was just too aggressive. Shoulder shoulder challenge in a straight line race is different and refs usually let that play on. Bellerin should have used his body to shield the ball out of play and the ref would have allowed him to do that. It was pretty weak from Bellerin.

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Yesterday showed that when we dont have Ozil and Santi, we are really shit. We cant keep the ball enough or play dangerous balls into good positions.

I wouldn't even go that far. The team that played Palace could have won this game. It just boils down to poor defending. We still managed to score 3 goals and I think we'd have buried them if we'd have not conceded two goals so quickly. The team has a weak mentality.

Letters
04-01-2017, 10:06 AM
At least it means we don't need to support Spurs tonight. Not like we're going to win it anyway :shrug:

GP
04-01-2017, 10:23 AM

The difference is, one plays for Arsenal and one doesn't. Bellerin gets shoved over, play on.

The Bournemouth player feels a slight contact and takes a tumble, you better believe that's a penalty.

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 10:34 AM
The difference is, one plays for Arsenal and one doesn't. Bellerin gets shoved over, play on.

The Bournemouth player feels a slight contact and takes a tumble, you better believe that's a penalty.

Bournemouth had a man sent off. No preferential treatment. Bellerin should have protected the ball better in that position.

GP
04-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Well, he was fouled. Literally shoved over. It's a nailed on foul 100% of the time.

Well, 99%, obviously.

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 11:14 AM
Well, he was fouled. Literally shoved over. It's a nailed on foul 100% of the time.

Well, 99%, obviously.

It looked weak to me. Bellerin looked weak and was really off his game. Wenger said Bellerin had a knock before the game and was uncertain of a start. I highly doubt a fully fit Bellerin goes does from that challenge.

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 11:18 AM
http://www.football365.com/news/wenger-urged-to-pick-iwobi-over-ozil-by-henry

Thierry Henry believes Arsene Wenger should consider picking Alex Iwobi ahead of Mesut Ozil for Arsenal.

Ozil has started all but four of Arsenal’s Premier League games this season, missing the season-opening 4-3 defeat to Liverpool and 0-0 draw with Leicester in the first two weeks.

The German has also been sidelined for the Gunners’ last two matches – the 2-0 win over Crystal Palace and 3-3 draw with Bournemouth.

Iwobi has been entrusted as the No 10 in Ozil’s absence, and the Nigerian has impressed.

Henry, speaking to Sky Sports, believes he should be considered ahead of Ozil in that position against lesser sides.

“Iwobi is better off in the middle for Arsenal when they come up against teams who are defensively minded like we saw against Crystal Palace,” he said.

“Wenger must have seen it, and hopefully he will be picked ahead of Ozil in such games.

“He moves the ball quicker and faster leaving opposition defenders in his wake. He belongs to the middle.”

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 11:20 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2017/01/04/31130442/wenger-i-havent-seen-ozil-for-a-week

Arsene Wenger has confirmed Mesut Ozil is no closer to a return to first-team action as the Arsenal man remains sidelined through illness.

Arsenal's comeback too little, too late

The German has not featured since the 1-0 win over West Brom on Boxing Day and was not in attendance as the Gunners recovered from a disastrous opening hour to salvage a 3-3 draw against Bournemouth on Tuesday.

Ozil drew criticism for his performances in the back-to-back losses to Everton and Manchester City, which severely dented the club's Premier League title hopes before the further dropped points at the Vitality Stadium.

"I haven't seen [Ozil] for a week," Wenger told Sky Sports before the game.

Sounds like he's pulled a Christmas sickie.

GP
04-01-2017, 11:32 AM
It looked weak to me. Bellerin looked weak and was really off his game. Wenger said Bellerin had a knock before the game and was uncertain of a start. I highly doubt a fully fit Bellerin goes does from that challenge.

A foul is a foul. And that was 100% a foul. It's was way more of a foul than the so called penalty.

Letters
04-01-2017, 11:38 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2017/01/04/31130442/wenger-i-havent-seen-ozil-for-a-week

Sounds like he's pulled a Christmas sickie.
Did you meet him and he refused a selfie with you or something? :unsure:

Letters
04-01-2017, 11:38 AM
A foul is a foul. And that was 100% a foul. It's was way more of a foul than the so called penalty.

Brexit means Brexit.

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 11:42 AM
Did you meet him and he refused a selfie with you or something? :unsure:

Yes. That's exactly what happened.

The manager says he hasn't seen Ozil in a week. Does that sound normal to anyone?

Letters
04-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Does your manager make home visits if you're sick for a week?

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 11:56 AM
Is he that sick? He's been off since after Boxing Day and won't feature in the next game either? Odd choice of words from Wenger as well.

Letters
04-01-2017, 11:59 AM
If he's not come in to training then why would Wenger have seen him? Who knows, maybe he's updating his CV and creating a LinkedIn profile.
We don't need him anyway so what's the issue?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-01-2017, 11:59 AM

I don't know I thought it was a penalty, Xhaka barged him off the ball

What was most sickening about it was how he was able to just power through our entire midfield before being shoved over in the first place.

I think the third goal was a foul but yes I agree that Bellerin put himself in the position by being ponderous, let's not pretend that even if the goals were dubious that we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot for them. They had the hunger and the energy where as we looked like we couldn't be bothered. The fact that we came back into the game only highlights how bad we were for being 3-0 down in the first place. The defence was poor but there was nothing in midfield by way of conpeting for the ball and we didn't muster a shot on target until Sanchez's header in the 70th minute.

The players have to look at themselves for performing like that and the manager needs to look at himself for seeing what he did in the first half and not believing we needed to make any changes at half time.

Turning what should have been an easy three points into a capitulation where the players had to be shamed into a performance by the away fans, is being spun into a heroic fight back by the manager.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Is he that sick? He's been off since after Boxing Day and won't feature in the next game either? Odd choice of words from Wenger as well.

Who knows. I've had a rotten cold for a week, I worked the last three days last week and tried to power through but just crashed out at the weekend and still feel wretched now. So if Ozil has anything like what I have I can appreciate why he's no closer to coming back.

On the other hand, who knows this could be a Wenger illness caused by the contract situation.

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 12:08 PM
If he's not come in to training then why would Wenger have seen him? Who knows, maybe he's updating his CV and creating a LinkedIn profile.
We don't need him anyway so what's the issue?

Yeah, you're right. We don't need him. If the softy can't battle through the sniffles I doubt he'd be much help yesterday. ;)

Niall_Quinn
04-01-2017, 12:24 PM
If Bellerin even had a slight knock going into that game then why play him at all? I don't get Wenger's rotation policy. He moans his tits off about the schedule and makes changes to the team as a result, then he goes and starts a player who might not be 100%. And what the fuck happened with Coquelin? Is it really just bad luck that these players can't last 5 minutes? We've already seen this with Ox this season, Gibbs every season and every player in the team seems overly susceptible to these "muscle injuries". I thought we'd brought somebody in to fix this problem, or does Wenger do that guy's job for him too?

No problems with the ref yesterday. Some of the calls were 50/50 but nothing blatant. Their red was a bit harsh, the pen could be considered a bit soft but Xhaka was so clueless in that situation. The shove on Bellerin was a good old fashioned barge and Bellerin was super weak. Problem is, those are always blown against us when we do it, so that's where the frustration comes from.

Niall_Quinn
04-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Unless there is a dramatic turnaround at the club, Ozil and Alexis are gone and Bellerin is another likely candidate to follow them out the door. Ox is a doubt too. Kos could also be a target for the big clubs. The club is heading nowhere except in circles and it's not a surprise when players who could easily get more money and more medals elsewhere get itchy feet. It's up to the club to instil some sort of purpose, ambition, direction. Don't see how it will be done given the people in charge.

However, if Ozil is giving less that 100% that's unacceptable because he's still picking up the wages. Until he's gone we need every ounce of effort from him, and the rest. Henry's a bit of an idiot for suggesting Iwobi is ready to fill Ozil's role though, especially on the back of one performance against a dire Palace. And anyway, Wenger sidelined him yesterday so it's not really a case of one player filling in for or replacing another, it's more a random whim sort of thing that I'm sure the manager couldn't give a convincing explanation for if pressed.

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 12:37 PM
Who knows. I've had a rotten cold for a week, I worked the last three days last week and tried to power through but just crashed out at the weekend and still feel wretched now. So if Ozil has anything like what I have I can appreciate why he's no closer to coming back.

On the other hand, who knows this could be a Wenger illness caused by the contract situation.

Well, Ozil has said he'd prefer a winter break and Wenger has said Ozil doesn't need to train that often. I suspect he's been given a winter break to get him ready for the next half of the season. Maybe he needs it. I wouldn't put it past Wenger to cover for a player but his choice of words raises suspicion. 'I haven't seen him'. :lol: Sounds dodgy.

'I think we need one,' he said. 'I had my big injury here, the first time in my life, because as a soccer player, you need rest.

'You need to do something else, even in your mind. Sometimes you want to take off, take time with your family, to have more energy.

'But here, if you play all year, you feel your body getting tired, especially in winter.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3996594/Arsenal-midfielder-Mesut-Ozil-praises-idol-Zinedine-Zidane-Andres-Iniesta-Xavi.html#ixzz4UnOTXI6G

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Unless there is a dramatic turnaround at the club, Ozil and Alexis are gone and Bellerin is another likely candidate to follow them out the door. Ox is a doubt too. Kos could also be a target for the big clubs. The club is heading nowhere except in circles and it's not a surprise when players who could easily get more money and more medals elsewhere get itchy feet. It's up to the club to instil some sort of purpose, ambition, direction. Don't see how it will be done given the people in charge.

However, if Ozil is giving less that 100% that's unacceptable because he's still picking up the wages. Until he's gone we need every ounce of effort from him, and the rest. Henry's a bit of an idiot for suggesting Iwobi is ready to fill Ozil's role though, especially on the back of one performance against a dire Palace. And anyway, Wenger sidelined him yesterday so it's not really a case of one player filling in for or replacing another, it's more a random whim sort of thing that I'm sure the manager couldn't give a convincing explanation for if pressed.

Henry is only talking about playing Iwobi against more defensive teams. He has a point. Iwobi has to get games in his natural position otherwise he'll end up like Ramsey, Jack, Theo and Ox. It would be more useful to rotate him rather than play him out wide for years where he's not learning and it drains away his confidence playing up any position.

AFC Leveller
04-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Does anyone else feel ospina should come in for Cech? This season ?Cech seems to have gone backwards and is not as good as he once was

fakeyank
04-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Does anyone else feel ospina should come in for Cech? This season ?Cech seems to have gone backwards and is not as good as he once was

Cech got easily beaten for the 1st and third goal. Thats not a keeper who will win you the league. Last season, yes... this season so far, no.

fakeyank
04-01-2017, 06:51 PM
I happened to watch our goals on YT now.. you want to see a losers mentality? Watch Girouds celebration after the 3rd goal. That was pathetic.. You have 5 minutes left to score and save some skin and what do you do? Jump around celebrating like you scored the winning goal in the Champions league.. what a farce.

Sanchez is the ONLY player in our team that knows how to win, and wants to win. The manager, the board and the rest of the players are all second tier crap. Sanchez will do good leaving us, just like Cesc, Nasri, RVP and other players who have left us. You will not win anything significant with the fossil in charge.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Does anyone else feel ospina should come in for Cech?

No

Power n Glory
04-01-2017, 07:13 PM

He's had some dodgy games. Beaten too easily on his near post. I trust him more than Ospina but anymore blunders and he should probably get dropped to the bench.

Maestro
04-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Have Claude and Ty respectively evaded/survived suicide and homicide?

Letters
04-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Sanchez is the ONLY player in our team that knows how to win, and wants to win.
As always you spoil a more or less reasonable point with hyperbole. We have players who have won World Cups in our team and no professional footballer gets to anywhere near Arsenal's level without wanting to win.

But they don't seem to want it enough and we have no captain to get them going when things aren't going well.

fakeyank
04-01-2017, 08:19 PM
As always you spoil a more or less reasonable point with hyperbole. We have players who have won World Cups in our team and no professional footballer gets to anywhere near Arsenal's level without wanting to win.

But they don't seem to want it enough and we have no captain to get them going when things aren't going well.

How many members of the Portugal squad that won the Euros can you name? How about the German team that won the WC? Just because someone played 15 minutes in every match doesnt make them a winner. Hunger to win and a hatred to lose are something very few people have- Vieira, Henry, Keane, Cantona, Drogba, Ronaldo, Messi, Sanchez, Suarez, Zidane etc are some recent known players. Ozil, Mustafi and Per won a WC but I dont see the hatred of losing in them. Nothing wrong in not having it... some people do, some dont.

Unfortunately with our team managed by the mediocrity champion, you need more than one Sanchez to challenge for the title. Our squad barring Sanchez needs a proper football manager to 'want to make them win'. Since our dinosaur is not moving anywhere, I can only hope we can get a couple more Sanchezs.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-01-2017, 08:19 PM
He's had some dodgy games. Beaten too easily on his near post. I trust him more than Ospina but anymore blunders and he should probably get dropped to the bench.

My problem isn't with benching Cech, for what it's worth for my money he has been quite suspect and I think unless you're being beaten by someone who has a thunderbolt of a shot you shouldn't be being beaten as a keeper at your near post.

I do not rate Ospina, I think the guy is a total calamity. I like the young Argentine we have as third choice I would be much happier giving him a run if we dropped Cech

Marc Overmars
04-01-2017, 08:22 PM
It boils down to mentality, sure everyone wants to win, obviously, but I think it definitely hurts certain types of players more when they fail.

Giroud and Alexis' contrasting emotions last night being the perfect example. You can bet if Alexis had scored the equaliser he would be been the first one back for kick off.

Ernesto
04-01-2017, 09:03 PM
My problem isn't with benching Cech, for what it's worth for my money he has been quite suspect and I think unless you're being beaten by someone who has a thunderbolt of a shot you shouldn't be being beaten as a keeper at your near post.

I do not rate Ospina, I think the guy is a total calamity. I like the young Argentine we have as third choice I would be much happier giving him a run if we dropped Cech

I feel a bit for Cech. When all is said and done, he's a quiet, unassuming chap but he's a winner. He's dejected when we've lost. He's disappointed. However, he doesn't sulk like Ozil or whine like Sanchez (who are the other two players in our squad generally accepted as unanimously world class)

He hasn't been exposed to as many shots in his career as he has at Arsenal. Your keeper shouldn't have to make 5 world class saves every game. If the near post is his Achilles heel then I can live with that. He's the most complete 'keeper we've had since Big Dave

Chippy
04-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Lol

Spurs winning makes makes last nights result worse for me :( They are better than us now if we ar being honest. I am dreading work tomorrow. Wenger out.

Power n Glory
05-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Was saying yesterday this could be the season where we drop out of the top 4. We have 5 teams all capable of hitting 70 points. We dropped out of the CL place last night with that Spurs victory and we've still got to worry about Man Utd who are only 2 points behind us.

Board have waited too long to get rid of Wenger. He's not ready for this level of competition.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Was saying yesterday this could be the season where we drop out of the top 4. We have 5 teams all capable of hitting 70 points. We dropped out of the CL place last night with that Spurs victory and we've still got to worry about Man Utd who are only 2 points behind us.

Board have waited too long to get rid of Wenger. He's not ready for this level of competition.

I could be made to eat my words but Wenger always seems to get top four, when it comes to this non achievement he is unsurpassed.....it's like when we are struggling for the top four suddenly the performances are strong, the mentality is strong and the wins happen. Because this is the only thing he is under pressure to achieve.

That said frankly, i think most of us would take not finishing in the top four if it meant Wenger would walk (and I say walk because I don't see any circumstances under which the board would get rid of him). That's not to say I hope we finish outside the top four, I just could see the silver lining if we did.

saintnickle
05-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Plainly players are allowed to relax and set their own comfort zones at this club. Play when they want, skive when they fancy it, have whole seasons off, claim injury at the slightest twinge, it's one hell of an easy life at Wenger's Arsenal, that's for sure.

I wanted Vidal here because he'd be like Alexis, a self-motivator who wouldn't give a shit about Wenger's holiday camp attitude. Alexis gets the shit kicked out of him every game and he gets the hump if he's prevented from turning up for more. Giroud is getting the plaudits after this latest farce but it was Alexis who decided to put his foot down and start demonstrating the supposed gap between the millionaire internationals at this club and the honest but (supposedly) limited team from Bournemouth.

It was embarrassing the way they passed around us today as if we were the mid-table fillers. Even more embarrassing (though painfully familiar) to watch Wenger shrugging his shoulders and losing his temper over being outthought by Howe.

The big question here is, with the exception of Alexis, where is the fire in these players? Why aren't they humiliated by performances like this, the first 70 minutes anyway? You could say they showed passion in the end but all off the back of Alexis, if he hadn't been on that pitch we wouldn't have scored one, let alone three.

It all starts at the top, the owner who couldn't give a shit about the game of football. Then the manager who would much rather moan about the fixture list that say fuck it, bring 'em all on! This rotten attitude hangs over the place and smothers the players. I wonder is Ozil even ill, or is he just having a Winter break on the sly? And where has Theo gone again? What about Coquelin? Can he really only give us 5 minutes of football between injuries these days? Did you see Alexis' ankle after that cunt of an Argie tried to break it in the Copa final? The guy played the whole match and then he jumped on a plane back to training with us in no time flat.

Are we seriously, I mean fucking seriously, dithering around over re-signing this guy? The way things stand he's the only bloke in the whole place, from top to bottom, we can depend on. Give him the fucking money already. Jesus!

Who are we going to get to replace him? Another softie who likes the comfortable life? We're like a rest home for players between clubs.
Great post/Everything youve written is spot on.

Marc Overmars
05-01-2017, 10:20 AM
I could be made to eat my words but Wenger always seems to get top four, when it comes to this non achievement he is unsurpassed.....it's like when we are struggling for the top four suddenly the performances are strong, the mentality is strong and the wins happen. Because this is the only thing he is under pressure to achieve.

That said frankly, i think most of us would take not finishing in the top four if it meant Wenger would walk (and I say walk because I don't see any circumstances under which the board would get rid of him). That's not to say I hope we finish outside the top four, I just could see the silver lining if we did.

We will finish at worst 4th, that I have no doubt. It's the one source of pride Wenger still has and I doubt he's giving that up without a fight.

I would 100% take a year out of the CL if it meant Wenger leaving. Is it really that bad anyway? What if it meant being fresh for a title challenge the following year like Chelsea are now? The top 4 is interchangeable these days and not a lock like it was several years ago. I doubt we'd be out in the wilderness for the foreseeable future if we missed out this year.

Gooner23
05-01-2017, 10:28 AM
We will finish at worst 4th, that I have no doubt. It's the one source of pride Wenger still has and I doubt he's giving that up without a fight.

I would 100% take a year out of the CL if it meant Wenger leaving. Is it really that bad anyway? What if it meant being fresh for a title challenge the following year like Chelsea are now? The top 4 is interchangeable these days and not a lock like it was several years ago. I doubt we'd be out in the wilderness for the foreseeable future if we missed out this year.

Me too, but I wouldn't really want Europa League though.

I would take a year out of Europe if it meant a change of manager and a decent crack at the league.

Power n Glory
05-01-2017, 10:32 AM
Great post/Everything youve written is spot on.

It's a good post from NQ and poses some good questions. We need self-motivators to compensate Wenger's laid back approach. I’ve gone round in circles with this one. I’ve often questioned why the manager isn’t embarrassed by his record and why he isn’t pushing for top quality in all areas at Arsenal. But you also have to ask the same of the players. We don’t have kids on the pitch anymore. We have experienced internationals that should know better.

It’s a great point about Alexis. We forget he went all the way to retaining his Copa America title with Chile during the summer, hardly no break, a fucked up foot and has still put in shift with great performances all whilst learning a new position. When told he was playing as striker, he went away and watched videos to learn the role!

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-premier-league/story/2996643/arsenal-star-alexis-sanchez-studied-striker-role-by-watching-videos-online

Look at that! A total self starter. No mention of working on the position in training with Wenger and the staff coaching him on how to adjust his game, he took it upon himself to learn the role. Now it’s a serous worry if none of the coaches are giving him pointers on how to play but it says a lot about the Alexis. We should be going all out to get him a new contract. I don’t want to hear players whining about needing a winter break when they don’t even work hard in training and get extra days off.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 10:45 AM
It's hard to know how many players in the modern game come under the category of "self-motivator" although i think it's fair to say far more came under that category when we were winning titles under Wenger.

Wenger in his own words believes in treating players like adults capable of self-discipline and work ethic, the problem with that is two fold it seems abundantly clear that a lot of the players in our squad don't really deserve that kind of freedom and need to be raked over the coals if they aren't putting 100% in and also the lack of natural leaders in the team mean that players don't have anyone to look to like Tony Adams or Sol Campbell (Vieira even as captain used to instruct Campbell to shout at him if he was making mistakes or not giving him enough protection) to take them to one side and tell them where they are going wrong.

I often find myself asking why Wenger seems reluctant to go for those type of players now

I don't know if Alexis is a natural leader or not (is he captain for the national side?...I honestly wouldn't know) but yeah he's definitely a player who might have bad patches but there has rarely ever been occasion to say he's not putting maximum effort into a game.

Power n Glory
05-01-2017, 12:05 PM
I often find myself asking why Wenger seems reluctant to go for those type of players now

I have a hunch. Strong characters are hard to manage and Wenger hates confrontation. We've never seen a huge mutiny on our hands at Arsenal and if he lost the team in a similar way to what we've seen at Chelsea, Utd, Madrid, City...etc....the Board would be forced to sack him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-01-2017, 12:26 PM
I have a hunch. Strong characters are hard to manage and Wenger hates confrontation. We've never seen a huge mutiny on our hands at Arsenal and if he lost the team in a similar way to what we've seen at Chelsea, Utd, Madrid, City...etc....the Board would be forced to sack him.

I tend to agree, whilst I don't think Wenger is a tyrant. As have said previously he gets very defensive when challenged and calls it disrespectful. We know Gallas was very strong minded and was considered a disruptive influence in the dressing room, though Gallas was less of a leader and more of a cunt so it could be just as much that he is afraid that it will cause disharmony.
Where as a bunch of paper tigers will just content themselves with selfies

selassie
05-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Me too, but I wouldn't really want Europa League though.

I would take a year out of Europe if it meant a change of manager and a decent crack at the league.

Me too.

I think we are destined to lose one if not both of Sanchez and Ozil regardless of whether we get top 4 or not. A season out of Europe rebuilding the team could well be a good thing.

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Finally, Arsenal gets tough with these pampered players!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4091104/Arsenal-unveil-incredible-new-Emirates-plane-fly-away-games-Santi-Cazorla-Alexis-Sanchez-team-stars-plastered-side.html

GP
06-01-2017, 09:16 AM
You realise that isn't Arsenal's plane, right?

It's just one in the emirates fleet. They've got one with PSG players, one with Madrid players...

It's an A380. You can't even land those at small airports.

Xhaka Can’t
06-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Or rivers

Power n Glory
06-01-2017, 09:44 AM
It looks nice.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Flew with Emirates recently. Sensational airline.

GP
06-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Yep. Look at this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84WIaK3bl_s

AFC Leveller
06-01-2017, 10:29 AM

Yeah me too went to Dubai and they had about 15 hostesses and the food was great.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-01-2017, 10:34 AM

Etihad is better in my view, I have no corporate sponsorship loyalty

Marc Overmars
06-01-2017, 10:41 AM
Been with Etihad before as well. Also great

Those Arabs sure know how to live the good life.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Been with Etihad before as well. Also great

Those Arabs sure know how to live the good life.

and how to treat women :)

Marc Overmars
06-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Women. :lol:

Like they have any rights.

Power n Glory
06-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Should learn from the West! Grab em by the pussy.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Should learn from the West! Grab em by the pussy.

What I loved about this comment by Trump was all the silly feminists chiding Trump on his misogyny

Misogyny?. That's your number one concern here?.

If a guy says I'd love to grab her by the pussy my first thought would be grab is an odd choice of words but ok

If a guy says I grabbed her by the pussy, I'd think "did she consent to this?"

The guy is a monumental liar to the point where he probably would have lied about sexually assaulting women, but the issue isn't the objectification of women it was I can commit sexual assault and get away with it.

It's not the 1970s anymore yo

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2017, 12:08 PM
You realise that isn't Arsenal's plane, right?

It's just one in the emirates fleet. They've got one with PSG players, one with Madrid players...

It's an A380. You can't even land those at small airports.

Seriously? Wenger spending a billion quid on a plane? Yes, I get the club doesn't own the plane.

What I'm wondering isn't when something is coming back the fans' way? We already know the execs and players enjoy all the trappings and trimmings. Not bad at all for a no-title, embarrass me in the CL bunch.

Should they not be travelling by car ferry? Alexis probably runs and swims to the away games anyway. But I'm sure the always injured Gibbs or the can't be bothered turning up Theo will enjoy the luxury option.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-01-2017, 12:10 PM
Seriously? Wenger spending a billion quid on a plane? Yes, I get the club doesn't own the plane.

What I'm wondering isn't when something is coming back the fans' way? We already know the execs and players enjoy all the trappings and trimmings. Not bad at all for a no-title, embarrass me in the CL bunch.

Should they not be travelling by car ferry? Alexis probably runs and swims to the away games anyway. But I'm sure the always injured Gibbs or the can't be bothered turning up Theo will enjoy the luxury option.

On the other hand, how many undeserving scum bags are there out there who get to travel in opulence and luxury?

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2017, 12:19 PM
On the other hand, how many undeserving scum bags are there out there who get to travel in opulence and luxury?

11, at the very least.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-01-2017, 12:35 PM
11, at the very least.

Missing a comma and a few zeros but i see your point