PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Burnley (home).

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Classic win. :lol:

Even more hilarious and pubbed than the away game.

selassie
22-01-2017, 04:15 PM
Can't stop laughing, we got lucky but the ref ruined the game IMO.

The Dismantler
22-01-2017, 04:15 PM
Will Wenger be punished heavily by the FA? It was all kicking off at the Emirates

Ernesto
22-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Crazy game.

Jon Moss isn't as arrogant as that w@nker Mike Dean but he is just as incompetent. For further evidence, see his performance in the Leicester v West Ham game last season

Globalgunner
22-01-2017, 04:18 PM
We are a drama laden outfit. The result masks what was another typical Wenger cock-up. Shit players playing stupid football. Ramsey, Giroud, what did they do all game but screw up each move. Get those morons out of the team and lastly the febrile twit that selects them. He may be looking at a long ban for pushing the 4th official.

Marc Overmars
22-01-2017, 04:19 PM
Didn't really care how we got the points today, after the results yesterday we just had to win.

Insane finish to the game. I love Alexis and his gigantic balls.

A well earned :doh: for Xhaka and Coq.

Ernesto
22-01-2017, 04:19 PM
Will Wenger be punished heavily by the FA? It was all kicking off at the Emirates

Probably. Sky did their bit and replayed it and asked Sour-ness, so it looks like he (wenger) is going to face retrospective action.

As shit as I think Xhaka is, I hope referees don't flash the red card at him just because it's the fashionable thing to do, a la Vieira in his early days with us.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2017, 04:25 PM
We've been waiting, waiting, waiting for this team to shake of this phase and get back to the decent football. I'm afraid that's not going to happen. We have actually become a pub team and this is the best we can do. It's sad. This league is crying out for a half decent team to walk the title. Fortunately for us there aren't any. So we're second.

If we could somehow beat the chavs in a couple of weeks even we could pub a title or make it appear we are in the hunt. But I'm not sure that really matters given the desperate levels our game has sunk to. And the refs are just the comedy icing on the shit cake.

Power n Glory
22-01-2017, 04:45 PM
We were at the mercy of the ref and thank fuck he's incompetent and not biased. Very lucky to come away with 3 points. Seen it too many times before and Wenger won't learn. It shouldn't take that long to figure out that it's not the right game for Giroud.

As for Xhaka! :doh: A liability. Did his best to fuck us over again with a reckless challenge.

3 points in the bag at least but we have to see a serious change.

dostoy
22-01-2017, 04:52 PM
I don't know what to say.

Winning the game hardly means anything to me any more.

What is all this I keep hearing about a title challenge, Arsenal will be lucky to get fourth place and that is all they deserve because they are shit.

Xhaka has no intelligence at all and the same goes for Coquelin.

If I was Ozil or Sanchez or any member of the team I would be out of the door as quick as possible.

I almost hate Arsenal now and I won't bother with them from next season onwards.

Marc Overmars
22-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Chelsea have Liverpool next and we have Watford. Then it's the trip to Stamford Bridge.

Again we've fluked ourselves in with a glimmer, can we actually do something this time when we go there?

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2017, 04:54 PM

What is all this I keep hearing about a title challenge, Arsenal will be lucky to get fourth place and that is all they deserve because they are shit.

If I was Ozil or Sanchez or any member of the team I would be out of the door as quick as possible.

I almost hate Arsenal now and I won't bother with them from next season onwards.

That means Wenger and the gang has won. Fans being bored and disgusted out of the game to be replaced by consumer day-trippers.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2017, 04:55 PM

It would seem to me you must care about football a great deal if the team you say you suport can make you turn to feelings of hate.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2017, 04:56 PM
We were at the mercy of the ref and thank fuck he's incompetent and not biased. Very lucky to come away with 3 points. Seen it too many times before and Wenger won't learn. It shouldn't take that long to figure out that it's not the right game for Giroud.

As for Xhaka! :doh: A liability. Did his best to fuck us over again with a reckless challenge.

3 points in the bag at least but we have to see a serious change.

Xhaka was excellent up until that mad minute. Of course he then undid it all by diving in, but he was unlucky to come up against such an accomplished cheat that knew exactly how to synchronise his dive, scream and roll. After all, Rooney tackles like that all the time and there's never a card.

Ernesto
22-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Xhaka was excellent up until that mad minute. Of course he then undid it all by diving in, but he was unlucky to come up against such an accomplished cheat that knew exactly how to synchronise his dive, scream and roll. After all, Rooney tackles like that all the time and there's never a card.

This is true. I'll never know how that fat dirty chav escapes punishment time and time again. It's hardly like he has the "golden boy" qualities of Shearer or Lineker.

Globalgunner
22-01-2017, 05:21 PM
This is true. I'll never know how that fat dirty chav escapes punishment time and time again. It's hardly like he has the "golden boy" qualities of Shearer or Lineker.

There is a different rule for Mancs. Remember poor Paul Scholes. He never learnt how to tackle. Not his his fault he cracked so many shins

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Would have been quite happy for Wenger to push the 4th official over on his arse. Prick.

Never red for Xhaka....and the team really need to practice striking through a football cleanly.

Power n Glory
22-01-2017, 05:28 PM

He was average and it was his mistake that lead to giving the ball away which meant he had to dive in. My first reaction was the ref had fucked us over but looking on the replays, two feet off the ground and going for it with both feet....you don't have to make much contact to get a red for that.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Me PG tips and NQ have had this debate before....

The football was decent. If we play this game and we score 2 or 3 nobody mentions pub football....but if we don't win it or win it narrowly everybody mentions pub football. The football was not actually that bad, the finishing was.

Power n Glory
22-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Me PG tips and NQ have had this debate before....

The football was decent. If we play this game and we score 2 or 3 nobody mentions pub football....but if we don't win it or win it narrowly everybody mentions pub football. The football was not actually that bad, the finishing was.

We were very lucky with the ref call at the end and scored a very basic goal but it wasn't pub football. It just goes back to the same problems we had last season. This short passing intricate play doesn't work with Giroud against this sort of team. Seen it so many times before. I knew were going to get nervy in the second half if we didn't put two past them early.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-01-2017, 05:44 PM
I'm not sure..... we had about 25 attempts on goal..... Ozil should have scored twice as should have Sanchez before Xhaka even thought about having his customary lunge.

What we collectively did today worked, but not because of Giroud and I don't think he should be the main forward.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2017, 05:49 PM
We were very lucky with the ref call at the end and scored a very basic goal but it wasn't pub football. It just goes back to the same problems we had last season. This short passing intricate play doesn't work with Giroud against this sort of team. Seen it so many times before. I knew were going to get nervy in the second half if we didn't put two past them early.

The passing was better today. But the movement, the tempo, the ideas, the effectiveness of what we were doing, pure pub. We're not a very good team. Then again, there are no good teams in this league. The standard of football is simply dreadful. But worse, it's horrifying boring.

Ernesto
22-01-2017, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure..... we had about 25 attempts on goal..... Ozil should have scored twice as should have Sanchez before Xhaka even thought about having his customary lunge.

What we collectively did today worked, but not because of Giroud and I don't think he should be the main forward.

Do we know if walcott is definitely fit and potentially ready for the game against Southampton? I read somewhere he's due back then.

If so, he's perhaps a better outlet than Giroud.

Power n Glory
22-01-2017, 06:03 PM

A good number of attempts but not much clean cut and I think a more mobile front three would have opened them up more. Box was often congested. With Alexis, I feel he'd have worked his way to having more of angle on goal from the middle instead of always having to work the ball from wide on to his strong foot.

LDG
22-01-2017, 07:21 PM
can we actually do something this time when we go there?

:haha:

Penguin
22-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Why do our players swing their boots around in the penalty box? Coq was at it today but Kos and Monreal have dont it too this season. Pretty sure Mustafi got away with one too. When are they gonna learn how to defend?!

LDG
22-01-2017, 07:49 PM
It would seem to me you must care about football a great deal if the team you say you suport can make you turn to feelings of hate.

Do you know what, Maccy....I have been through ups and downs, with and without Wenger, and supported this team through everything....even to the point where you're doing it, despite absolutely zero mutual respect or feeling (and yes, you did get that back from the team in spades. They fucking cared....

The way Dostoy puts it, is a bit blunt, but I know what he means.

I despise this "well don't support them" attitude, when you're 30 years in.

The hate, is directed at the people who don't have Arsenal in their blood. The people who don't know what it is to be a gooner. The people who have made this club part of the extortion racket that is modern football.

Tell me really, how can you be Arsenal, when the real Arsenal doesn't exist anymore, regardless of whether sky say they do or not?

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2017, 08:34 PM
I just wish we'd play decent football. They can steal the whole world, tweet pictures of their cars and houses all week long, pretend to be twice as good as they actually are, kiss badges and do all that fake shit. The only show I want to see is on the pitch. When an entire billion quid league can't provide a ten minutes of entertainment in a weekend then football is dead. It's very easy to hate what it has been replaced by.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2017, 09:02 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/sean-dyche-should-shortlist-replace-9670671

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2017, 09:03 PM
Do you know what, Maccy....I have been through ups and downs, with and without Wenger, and supported this team through everything....even to the point where you're doing it, despite absolutely zero mutual respect or feeling (and yes, you did get that back from the team in spades. They fucking cared....

The hate, is directed at the people who don't have Arsenal in their blood. The people who don't know what it is to be a gooner. The people who have made this club part of the extortion racket that is modern football.

Tell me really, how can you be Arsenal, when the real Arsenal doesn't exist anymore, regardless of whether sky say they do or not?

Dunno but you're still here, that's what I was saying.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-01-2017, 09:20 AM
I tend to agree about Giroud, but again it's a case of Wenger thinking I can't drop this player because he scored in the last four games rather than thinking how he fits into the team.

He has a good record of scoring against these type of sides but he'd be better off coming from the bench.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-01-2017, 09:23 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/sean-dyche-should-shortlist-replace-9670671

Yeah it's because he's British even though it's abundantly clear we have considered Eddie Howe as a replacement

selassie
23-01-2017, 11:35 AM

Yep, this season is like a complete re-run of last season, the comparisons are actually quite scary, the repeat poor performances, the league position, the "passive" title challenge...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-01-2017, 12:01 PM
There are similarities and differences

By this time last season we had lost eight times in league and cup competitions where as currently we have only lost four times (which could be that we have had easier fixtures this season).

We are still struggling to score goals at home (23 in 11 but better than the 16 in 10 by this point last time)

We are scoring more away from home (27 in 11 compared to 21 in 12 last time but again could be that we've played easier teams).

We have conceded two more goals than at this stage last season (23 rather than 21, but scored 50 rather than 37)

If you are talking generally about how our season will fizzle out in and around the time of our champions league matches like it did last season, I tend to agree.

Power n Glory
23-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Yep, this season is like a complete re-run of last season, the comparisons are actually quite scary, the repeat poor performances, the league position, the "passive" title challenge...

It's just so boring. We've already seen from last season and the season before that Sanchez wide, Giroud top, Ozil just behind with Ramsey as CM can only take us so far. We've seen the full potential of that team and it's not enough. Introducing Giroud has blunted the influence of Sanchez. He's not as much of goal threat from wide. His movement is more predictable and it doesn't take a managerial genius to figure out that you have to stay compact and stop him from cutting in on his good foot. It's broken up his partnership with Ozil also.

Letters
23-01-2017, 02:47 PM
The only team we're failing to compete with right now is Chelsea who, to be fair, have gone pretty mental. If you win 18 out of 22 games then you deserve to be top.
The Invincibles wouldn't be top at this stage if there was a team doing what Chelsea are doing so far this year (although they'd be close, they had 52 points after 22 games).
The next 2 games are key. Chelsea have Liverpool away while we have Watford at home. Chelsea could well drop points and assuming we don't cock that up (I know, but bear with me) we could go there knowing that a win might put us, say 3 points behind them. I have a feeling we'll balls it up but we can live in hope a little longer...can't we?

fakeyank
23-01-2017, 02:50 PM
The only team we're failing to compete with right now is Chelsea who, to be fair, have gone pretty mental.

This statement happens every season. The only thing different is the name of the mental side varies.. the only thing constant is that we are never the 'mental' side. We are always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-01-2017, 02:59 PM
It's just so boring. We've already seen from last season and the season before that Sanchez wide, Giroud top, Ozil just behind with Ramsey as CM can only take us so far. We've seen the full potential of that team and it's not enough. Introducing Giroud has blunted the influence of Sanchez. He's not as much of goal threat from wide. His movement is more predictable and it doesn't take a managerial genius to figure out that you have to stay compact and stop him from cutting in on his good foot. It's broken up his partnership with Ozil also.

Yeah I honestly thought for once he had decided to stick with Sanchez up front, with Welbeck back especially I think this approach would pay dividends.

I think actually if anything this is about Wengers lack of assertiveness, he's picked Giroud because he's scoring goals and it's him agonising over dropping him and preferring to shoe horn him into the side the way he does with Ramsey

Letters
23-01-2017, 03:00 PM
This statement happens every season. The only thing different is the name of the mental side varies.. the only thing constant is that we are never the 'mental' side. We are always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Nope. No-one went mental last year. After 22 games we were top :good:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-01-2017, 03:10 PM

After leading a lead slip late against liverpool and then only managing to grind out a draw against stoke. Now a draw at stoke isn't in of itself terrible and Leicester had only drawn with Villa the previous day.

However I think letting that 3-2 lead go in the 90th minute was part of a psychological unravelling.

We won on January 2nd 1-0 at home to Newcastle (a game we could have very easily lost) and didn't win again in the league until 7th February away at Bournemouth.

In fact between the beginning of the year and March 5th we won only three times from nine league games.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2017, 03:11 PM
The only team we're failing to compete with right now is Chelsea who, to be fair, have gone pretty mental. If you win 18 out of 22 games then you deserve to be top.
The Invincibles wouldn't be top at this stage if there was a team doing what Chelsea are doing so far this year (although they'd be close, they had 52 points after 22 games).
The next 2 games are key. Chelsea have Liverpool away while we have Watford at home. Chelsea could well drop points and assuming we don't cock that up (I know, but bear with me) we could go there knowing that a win might put us, say 3 points behind them. I have a feeling we'll balls it up but we can live in hope a little longer...can't we?

Oh yes they would, having won all their matches so far. The chavs are a pale and pathetic shadow of the teams the Invincibles had to face, such as the chavs back then, Utd and all the way down to cloggers like Bolton who weren't constrained by the rule changes that have made it harder for teams like that to kick, elbow and punch their way to a result.

Like last season, this is a dogshit league with not a single decent team in it. None of our top teams stand the faintest chance of winning the CL. It's embarrassing how far this league is behind now in terms of anything bar money and hype.

fakeyank
23-01-2017, 03:16 PM

I am not saying 22 games per se. I am talking around this time (Jan-March) pretty much every season.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-01-2017, 03:17 PM
I don't have an issue with Chelsea being top ahead of us, i have an issue with them being eight points clear

Everton and City were tough fixtures but we should have found a way to have taken something from one of those games

Bournemouth game was an absolute disgrace, a game that we should have won easily

The Middlesborough game in October when we were on a good run of form and no excuses just failed totally to turn up.

For me that's at least five points in those four games we could and should have picked up

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Yeah I honestly thought for once he had decided to stick with Sanchez up front, with Welbeck back especially I think this approach would pay dividends.

I think actually if anything this is about Wengers lack of assertiveness, he's picked Giroud because he's scoring goals and it's him agonising over dropping him and preferring to shoe horn him into the side the way he does with Ramsey

Giroud has scored 7 fewer than Alexis, granted in fewer appearances but the point is we aren't sacrificing goals by leaving Giroud on the bench. We have the league's top scorer who'll be up there. Wenger likes Giroud because he's a boring, static lump that plays with his back to goal so he's available for the tippy tappy shite we're always playing. Alexis roams, Wenger would see that as unauthorised creativity I guess. He's such a fucking terrible manager. Can you think of any other manager who would relegate the league's top scorer and replace him with Giroud? I swear he does it on purpose to piss off the fans.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2017, 03:25 PM
After leading a lead slip late against liverpool and then only managing to grind out a draw against stoke. Now a draw at stoke isn't in of itself terrible and Leicester had only drawn with Villa the previous day.

However I think letting that 3-2 lead go in the 90th minute was part of a psychological unravelling.

We won on January 2nd 1-0 at home to Newcastle (a game we could have very easily lost) and didn't win again in the league until 7th February away at Bournemouth.

In fact between the beginning of the year and March 5th we won only three times from nine league games.

No, no, no. If you recall, that was a very decent point against Liverpool. IIRC, the next two games were vital back then also. And then the two after that, and then the two after that as we watched Leicester fucking City sail past us and over the title horizon. This season is just as bad in many ways. It's a season begging for one club to emerge from the shit mound and start playing some decent football and exerting a bit of dominance. The chavs are top now because everyone else is absolute shit, ourselves included of course. Can you imagine an Arsenal, Utd, chav or even gypo team from a few years back and how they'd carve the current chavs up? We should be a lot closer if not ahead. We easily have the players to match theirs. But Conte against yer man? The gap there is horrendous and will once again be unbridgeable.

selassie
23-01-2017, 03:35 PM
I am not saying 22 games per se. I am talking around this time (Jan-March) pretty much every season.

Our next four away games in the League are Chelsea, Southampton, Liverpool & West Brom. We'll be lucky to come out of that with anything more than 4 points. You can quote me on this.

selassie
23-01-2017, 03:36 PM
I don't have an issue with Chelsea being top ahead of us, i have an issue with them being eight points clear

Everton and City were tough fixtures but we should have found a way to have taken something from one of those games

Bournemouth game was an absolute disgrace, a game that we should have won easily

The Middlesborough game in October when we were on a good run of form and no excuses just failed totally to turn up.

For me that's at least five points in those four games we could and should have picked up

Yep, I agree with all of this. :gp:

fakeyank
23-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Our next four away games in the League are Chelsea, Southampton, Liverpool & West Brom. We'll be lucky to come out of that with anything more than 4 points. You can quote me on this.

Not surprised really. Its our annual 'fuck up' time anyway.

Xhaka Can’t
23-01-2017, 11:09 PM

I feel the same.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2017, 11:40 PM
There are some good points about the modern game I suppose:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4149088/Manchester-City-s-Raheem-Sterling-buys-3-1m-new-home.html

Maestro
24-01-2017, 05:51 AM
There are some good points about the modern game I suppose:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4149088/Manchester-City-s-Raheem-Sterling-buys-3-1m-new-home.html

Surely a case of incest there

Power n Glory
24-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Giroud has scored 7 fewer than Alexis, granted in fewer appearances but the point is we aren't sacrificing goals by leaving Giroud on the bench. We have the league's top scorer who'll be up there. Wenger likes Giroud because he's a boring, static lump that plays with his back to goal so he's available for the tippy tappy shite we're always playing. Alexis roams, Wenger would see that as unauthorised creativity I guess. He's such a fucking terrible manager. Can you think of any other manager who would relegate the league's top scorer and replace him with Giroud? I swear he does it on purpose to piss off the fans.

We're sacrificing creativity and our ability to create space for others. Teams have easily frustrated us. Playing a striker that can't create space for himself to shoot makes no sense. Giroud rarely gets a shot on goal unless we've put the ball in the air for a cross or it's a goalmouth scramble in the box.

Munchies
27-01-2017, 06:07 PM
Wenker gets a 4 match ban!

Yes!!

Letters
27-01-2017, 06:08 PM

Yes!!

He'll still be manager of the club for those 4 games you know

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-01-2017, 06:28 PM

Yes!!

Not a stadium ban. Steve Bould won't have any decision making including with substitutions

AFC Leveller
27-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Dunno why but i feel more confident going into the Chelsea game knowing we have someone else at the dugout barking orders.

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Dunno why but i feel more confident going into the Chelsea game knowing we have someone else at the dugout barking orders.

You mean somebody with his hand mysteriously clamped to his ear, shaking his head with a puzzled and exasperated look on his face, occasionally muttering, "Am I hearing you correctly? You want to do WHAT?"

Marc Overmars
27-01-2017, 08:01 PM
WUMger. :lol:

GP
27-01-2017, 08:33 PM
Surely a case of incest there

WINcest

fakeyank
27-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Boy will I be glad not seeing that wankers face in the dugout fiddling with his zipper for 90 minutes!

:dancingman:

GP
27-01-2017, 08:48 PM
You're an idiot.

I hope you're the first Muslim that Trump deports.

fakeyank
27-01-2017, 08:51 PM
You're an idiot.

I hope you're the first Muslim that Trump deports.

I'll come straight to London for asylum. I hear they are giving it for free. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2017, 09:02 PM
I'll come straight to London for asylum. I hear they are giving it for free. :lol:

Free? Don't know where you heard that. Not true. We pay you.

fakeyank
27-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Free? Don't know where you heard that. Not true. We pay you.

Looks like Arsenal is getting relegated then.. :dance:

Niall_Quinn
28-01-2017, 01:50 AM
Looks like Arsenal is getting relegated then.. :dance:

Relegated for us is 5th.

No way are we losing our top 4 slot. Our whole business model depends on it. Top 4 forever! And ever. Eternally. Oh look, we are top 4. Amazing!

Letters
28-01-2017, 04:02 PM

Like your mum does

Yep.

Dicks and chicks
28-01-2017, 04:55 PM
So after seeing Liverpool struggle with hero manager klopp you gotta respect Wenger a bit more surely