PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Southampton (away, FA Cup).

McNamara That Ghost...
28-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Great performance.

That team selection though. :lol:

Sorry.

Theo one away from the 100. Good to see Welbz the Bodybuilder back.

Marc Overmars
28-01-2017, 07:27 PM
Just got in and seen the score. :blink:

Arsenal. :bow:

On we go.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Genuinely good performance in all areas of the pitch (well bar Ospina but he's useless anyway)

Gibbs a bit suspect at times

Ox playing the ball like a heat seeking missile

Two lovely finishes from Danny Welbeck

Nice clinical finishing from Theo

Lovely cameo from Alexis full of dogged determination

Solid performances from Maitland-Niles and Geoff

Niall_Quinn
28-01-2017, 07:32 PM
What possible excuse will the French bloke have if we go back to his suffocating style of football? This is how we should play all the time and even though Soton were pretty lame it still must make sense that unless you are up against a Barca you're better off playing more direct football and moving the ball towards the opposition goal. I can't imagine any conceivable reason to start Giroud again this season when we have Welbeck, Alexis, Perez in the squad. And Niles looked twice as good as Coquelin or ElNeny, yes sure it's a one off but I hope Wenger at least asks the regulars to justify their shirts and lets them know there are players waiting to take them.

Lovely performance by Ox in the middle. Doing precisely what I'd assumed Xhaka had been brought into to do. But unfortunately Ox wouldn't be an option up against the typical midfield destroyers you get in this league.

Niall_Quinn
28-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Don't know if anyone has noticed, but Welbeck has a great smile.

Master Splinter
28-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Welbz :bow:.

Theo :bow:.

Lucas :bow:.

The Jeff :bow:.

Oxlade :bow:.

Niles :bow:.

Alexis :bow:.

Wenger :bow:.

Master Splinter
28-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Don't know if anyone has noticed, but Welbeck has a great smile.

Does he have his own emoji though?

Dicks and chicks
28-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Glad we were so resolute against a 3rd string Southampton team

Master Splinter
28-01-2017, 08:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3R1YpZWYAQQDWo.jpg

WUMger using his day off to catch up on Sonia Tatar's latest album. :music:

Chippy
28-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Genuinely good performance in all areas of the pitch (well bar Ospina but he's useless anyway)

Gibbs a bit suspect at times

Ox playing the ball like a heat seeking missile

Two lovely finishes from Danny Welbeck

Nice clinical finishing from Theo

Lovely cameo from Alexis full of dogged determination

Solid performances from Maitland-Niles and Geoff

Lucas Perez, man of the match! Fucking great engine. Sanchez wants £250,000 per week? Fuck off!!

Marc Overmars
29-01-2017, 12:18 AM
Welbeck's salt celebration. :lol:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-01-2017, 02:51 AM
Puel named a ridiculous side. Looked like he picked winners of a competition out of the stands and stuck Long up front. As much as an annoying little eejiot he can be.... waht did he think was going to happen, almost regardless of the team we named. They just looked so disjointed and meek compared to the Southampton teams that have left us gnashing our teeth the last few years. The easiest game any of them will get all season.

Having said that the finishing was great and the Jeff really sees the full game. Good to see Welbz take two chances I would often fancy him to miss.

Power n Glory
29-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Despite the opposition, the team came out and did what they were supposed to do. No slacking. Had no hope for that midfield providing support to the front three strike force but came away impressed and surprised. Niles and Ox were fantastic. Some lovely passes to create chances.

Lucas really impressed me also. He should be getting games through the middle if he's able to assist like as well as score. Not sure what he's done wrong to be benched. We've seen he can score goals but has the technical ability to be a good team player also.

Welbeck and Walcott were also fantastic. Good to see them both scoring after being out injured.

It's these sort of performances I want to see from the fringe players. Even if we're up against a poor side, hammer them! Make a case for first team action.

Özim
30-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Obviously a great result for our 2nd team, I guess it shows we have better depth in our squad than Southampton, doesn't prove that much in the grand scheme of things, but you can only beat whats in front of you I guess.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
30-01-2017, 11:03 AM
High praise indeed, the thing is with football results is that they aren't meant to always prove something.

Some results are just meant to be enjoyed for the result and how the team played, this was one of those.

You know yourself that enjoyable Arsenal games are few and far between, so enjoy it.