McNamara That Ghost...
11-02-2017, 02:34 PM
Wenger has served his ban. :cloud9:

Marc Overmars
11-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Yay

Globalgunner
11-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Neville jnr moaning that Gibbs should have been sent off. This is the same idiot that last week said Bellerin needed to be stronger in the challenge. What has changed.?

Globalgunner
11-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Reports coming out that Clattenburg went to Hull at HT to say he didnt see the Sanchez handball. What a berk. Even refs dont seem to know the rules. IT HAS TO BE INTENTIONAL!!!!

Dicks and chicks
11-02-2017, 02:48 PM
We beat a side that have gotten points off all the top teams recently. Good result

Niall_Quinn
11-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Guess the lino who was looking at it didn't see the handball either.

I was going to make a huge deal out of it and have a tantrum that Arsenal won, but Sky beat me to it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-02-2017, 02:52 PM
About as convincing as OJ Simpson in court

Marc Overmars
11-02-2017, 02:54 PM
10,000 empty seats I'm reading?

Good stuff if that was the case.

Master Splinter
11-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Beautiful pubbed win.

Alexis wanted it more than the Hull defenders and deserved to get the handball in his favour because he showed pashun.

Gibbs did nothing wrong. 50-50 challenge. Gibbs showed more desire. Markovic needed to be stronger there. If anything, Markovic fouled Gibbs.

Clear pelanty and red card. Clucas literally caught the ball, took a selfie and then threw it back out ferociously to Lucas.

The Dismantler
11-02-2017, 03:15 PM
https://s30.postimg.org/q3x0abldd/Weng_Out.png

about flaming time!!!!..... :jumpnana::wave:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-02-2017, 03:22 PM
Hull are a decent side so well done to us. We could do worse than signing Maguire as a back up, though I'd have loved Theo to slap him. Hopefully Elneny stays in the team and I was extremely impressed with Chamberlain again. Really impressed.

I was convinced Sanchez just wouldn't celebrate the first goal. We're out the fucking race......but suppose it's in his nature to celebrate his own goal.

Globalgunner
11-02-2017, 03:23 PM

He is denying it now. funny how 3 points can energise a tired old crone

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-02-2017, 04:23 PM
We know he's not going to say anything about his future before the end of the season

So of course he's going to deny it

Power n Glory
11-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Thought Ox and Iwobi were our best players. Mustafi was decent too. Other than that it wasn't good performance. No lessons were learned or problems corrected since our last 2 disappointing performances. Good result but it's worthless if the team can't snap out of this funk.

AFC Leveller
11-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Hull are a decent team now under this new guy and have taken points from Man U and Liverpool.

fakeyank
11-02-2017, 05:44 PM

I cannot wait for him to fuck off!

GP
11-02-2017, 06:20 PM
I can't wait for you to be thrown in Guantanamo.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Thought Ox and Iwobi were our best players. Mustafi was decent too. Other than that it wasn't good performance. No lessons were learned or problems corrected since our last 2 disappointing performances. Good result but it's worthless if the team can't snap out of this funk.

It's worthless anyway PG tips.....out of the race!

AFC Leveller
11-02-2017, 07:10 PM
We still have to go to anfield, SHL and city and Man U at home. 4 massive games and I cannot see us winning all of them esp the away ones. Could be the season we find shboutside top 4 and hopefully the end of Wenger as manager.

Maestro
11-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Quite happy to see Ozil, Ramsey and Giroud leave this club along with Wenger. Lazy fucking arseholes.

3 points, result and another mediocre performance.

rodders
11-02-2017, 08:18 PM
A good result piss poor performance

RomfordPele
11-02-2017, 08:54 PM
Reports coming out that Clattenburg went to Hull at HT to say he didnt see the Sanchez handball. What a berk. Even refs dont seem to know the rules. IT HAS TO BE INTENTIONAL!!!!

:censored:

He's the John Bercow of refereeing. Everything always has to be about him and his fucking circus. Arsehole. Worst referee in the premiership by a country mile. And surely what he did today has to break some rule of impartiality? Can you really talk to a team at half-time and say you got a decision wrong? Doesn't it put your impartiality into doubt? Amazed he gave our penalty at the end.

It's also terrifying that after clearly reviewing TV evidence (which I didn't think refs were allowed to do either) he STILL got the decision wrong - as you say, clearly ball to hand, which unless there is an obscure, Arsenal-specific rule that's been freshly written into the laws of the game (like the Xhaka Rule) HAS to be unintentional.

I expect the media to give it plenty of air tomorrow anyway. Last week we got the Arsenal-are-soft narrative from the media after alonso knocked bellerin into next week for their first goal. This week it's the Arsenal-are-lucky one when we get a decision in our favour. No wonder we seldom get them. Referees and the media: both are made for each other. Crooked, corrupt liars.

Having said all of that, I am mainly angry because we were really shit again today, and have clearly learnt nothing from the last fortnight or so about organisation, resolve and mental strength.

Ozil needs to shape up or fuck off. He looked utterly disinterested today and barely even made a pretence of contesting the ball at times. £250k a week? Really?

Walcott just needs to fuck off period. He's become a joke of a player who needs to salvage his career at West Ham or somewhere shit like that. I don't think he'd get in any of the top 6 sides. He was embarrassing today.

And I'm afraid to say Iwobi and Coquelin look increasingly like the limited, stopgap solutions they should always have been. Useful squad players, but they are not players who are going to win you trophies.

May seem strange saying all this after a 2-0 win, but there really wasn't anything out there to suggest we've turned a corner. Bayern, Southampton and Liverpool away all coming up and we will need to play a million times better to get anything out of them.

Wenger is a goner this year, surely...?

Coney
11-02-2017, 09:31 PM
And I'm afraid to say Iwobi and Coquelin look increasingly like the limited, stopgap solutions they should always have been. Useful squad players, but they are not players who are going to win you trophies.

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/02/arsenal-2-0-hull-by-the-numbers/

Coney
11-02-2017, 09:33 PM
I cannot wait for him to fuck off!

I'm sure the feeling would be mutual if he knew who you are.

Niall_Quinn
11-02-2017, 10:16 PM

I don't buy any of those stats as they don't adequately reflect the poxy backward/ sideways game we play. I'd have one of Ox's passes over 10 of Coquelin's. Ox knows what direction the opposition goal is in whereas Coquelin is very confused. Bellerin and Mustafi might be the top guys but almost all their stuff is aimless tipping and tapping, slowing the play down, neutering the runs of players like Iwobi and even Theo when he can be bothered. Ozil and Alexis' pass rate may be lower but they are doing it in the danger zone whereas Coquelin often has time to pick a pass and will almost always choose the safest (and generally pointless) option. No doubt Coquelin has been told to play this way, to keep it conservative. But it breaks the back of our momentum. In one incident today Coquelin received the ball near the centre and Iwobi set off up the pitch. It was an easy pass buy Coquelin wasn't looking anywhere except backwards and had no interest in looking anywhere but backwards. And back went the ball, instinctively. I said at the time, sub him and sell him, tongue in cheek but it was still a classic demonstration of what has changed in the fundamentals of our game. We are just so negative now. Tip, tap.

Niall_Quinn
11-02-2017, 10:23 PM
“I don’t know what Ian Wright said.

“It was questions and answers. I could be tired because I get up early in the morning and I finish late at night, so I am tired, yes.

“But I didn’t give any indication about my future. We had a little dinner before but it was not the two of us. There were four or five.

“You know I appreciate very much that you want me to rest, absolutely. But I am not ready for that yet.”

At any normal club it wouldn't be down to what he says, it would be down to what he does and for the last decade he hasn't been doing enough where it really matters. Surely he knows that? Can he really think that balancing books on stadium moves somehow equates to being competitive on the pitch? What a bunch of spineless yes men we have running this club, all sitting there waiting for Wenger to decide the future of the club in his own sweet time. Any owner with balls would have had this resolved a year in advance but it seems like this lot will sit there until the last day of the season when the Great Wenger will finally divulge the big news on where we go next.

RomfordPele
11-02-2017, 10:41 PM

Yes, but not all passes are of equal value.

As this piece concludes, coquelin has a limited skill set. I think we need better to compete at the very top.

Can you genuinely see us winning the league or champions league with coquelin as our midfield shield? I can't.

Coney
11-02-2017, 11:13 PM
MOTD - Danny Mills - "You can't score a goal from a hand ball", having accepted it was accidental. So it wasn't hand ball. Dick. So it counts as a goal. Dick.

Power n Glory
12-02-2017, 01:40 AM
I don't buy any of those stats as they don't adequately reflect the poxy backward/ sideways game we play. I'd have one of Ox's passes over 10 of Coquelin's. Ox knows what direction the opposition goal is in whereas Coquelin is very confused. Bellerin and Mustafi might be the top guys but almost all their stuff is aimless tipping and tapping, slowing the play down, neutering the runs of players like Iwobi and even Theo when he can be bothered. Ozil and Alexis' pass rate may be lower but they are doing it in the danger zone whereas Coquelin often has time to pick a pass and will almost always choose the safest (and generally pointless) option. No doubt Coquelin has been told to play this way, to keep it conservative. But it breaks the back of our momentum. In one incident today Coquelin received the ball near the centre and Iwobi set off up the pitch. It was an easy pass buy Coquelin wasn't looking anywhere except backwards and had no interest in looking anywhere but backwards. And back went the ball, instinctively. I said at the time, sub him and sell him, tongue in cheek but it was still a classic demonstration of what has changed in the fundamentals of our game. We are just so negative now. Tip, tap.

I wish you'd scrutinise Ozil's game to this sort of level. Coquelin isn't the greatest passer but he completed more passes than Ozil and it would probably shock you to hear that he created as many chances as Ozil today but actually played the ball forward more than backwards whilst Ozil played it backwards more than he played it forwards. Ozil only completed 1 long pass and everything else was short.

Zero dribble attempts, zero attempts to tackle. Saw the match live at the stadium and he was just as bad as the stats suggest. We only has one central midfielder today at the races. Ox.

Niall_Quinn
12-02-2017, 02:33 AM
My point being, the passing stats don't tell the story with us. So rolling out even more stats doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Ox was far and away our best player today and for one main reason, he played the ball forward. Effectively. Total bullshit on behalf of that article as anyone with eyes could have watched Ox and Coquelin today and quickly figured out who was beneficial and who was detrimental. Ozil doesn't even enter into that argument, expect in terms of your ongoing agenda.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-02-2017, 03:10 AM
I think you could have made the point without trying to tear into Coquelin as I don't think he actually had a bad game lol. I also don't see why people are intent on continually pointing out his limitations as an overall footballer. Most players in that position have precisely those limitations. A player like Kante is more consistent and better at what he is supposed to be doing but not actually any better a footballer and has probably the same limitations. However in a winning side the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and because of that....when you consequently look at the parts, they may seem better than they actually are.

Ozil was appalling today and I say that having not thought he was as bad against Chelsea as everybody thought. A yard off the pace in everything in the second half today......misplaced passes and groaning at all around him to boot.

If I was a coach I would think, Iwobi only needs to practice two things. Shooting....really putting his foot through the ball......AND sensing the danger defensively and responding accordingly.

Thierrymon
12-02-2017, 08:23 AM
MOTD - Danny Mills - "You can't score a goal from a hand ball", having accepted it was accidental. So it wasn't hand ball. Dick. So it counts as a goal. Dick.

Danny Mills really has it in for us. Must still bare a grudge from when Thierry made a fool of him.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-02-2017, 08:58 AM
It was Danny Murphy, Mills probably would've said something stupid too though. Funny how there was barely any comment from Gabbiadini's handball goal though, where he moved his arm towards the ball.

Power n Glory
12-02-2017, 09:20 AM
My point being, the passing stats don't tell the story with us. So rolling out even more stats doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Ox was far and away our best player today and for one main reason, he played the ball forward. Effectively. Total bullshit on behalf of that article as anyone with eyes could have watched Ox and Coquelin today and quickly figured out who was beneficial and who was detrimental. Ozil doesn't even enter into that argument, expect in terms of your ongoing agenda.

Of course Ozil won't enter into the equation for you. You have an obvious agenda to keep him out of this whole 'tip tap' discussion you draw up for every game because he always seems to be excluded from your assessment. I can throw up stats and videos of him always not being brave enough to be more direct, take on his man with driving runs and having more shots on goal but it all gets excused.

As Blink says, Coquelin is a limited player so playing it short and safe is expected for a player of his talents and it's what most DM's do. Play the ball to a more talented player who can carry it forward. Along with Sanchez, Coquelin managed to get the ball to Ozil more than any other player but Ozil isn't brave enough on the ball. Again, zero take on attempts and 1 shot on goal. He has to be braver than that. What I love about Ox today is that he was trying everything in his locker on attack. Spraying it long, wide, taking his man on and driving forward, more direct. If you know what I'm talking about and agree that Ox was more direct, how is it that only players like Coquelin and Iwobi get the tippy tippy label?

Power n Glory
12-02-2017, 09:34 AM
I think you could have made the point without trying to tear into Coquelin as I don't think he actually had a bad game lol. I also don't see why people are intent on continually pointing out his limitations as an overall footballer. Most players in that position have precisely those limitations. A player like Kante is more consistent and better at what he is supposed to be doing but not actually any better a footballer and has probably the same limitations. However in a winning side the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and because of that....when you consequently look at the parts, they may seem better than they actually are.

Ozil was appalling today and I say that having not thought he was as bad against Chelsea as everybody thought. A yard off the pace in everything in the second half today......misplaced passes and groaning at all around him to boot.

If I was a coach I would think, Iwobi only needs to practice two things. Shooting....really putting his foot through the ball......AND sensing the danger defensively and responding accordingly.

Iwobi is talented on the ball. Great technique and keeps the ball well. He needs to learn how to shoot and I also say the boss should encourage him to take on his man and run down the line more if playing wide. He has the strength and ball control to be a handful. I thought he had a decent game today but was left isolated at times and we couldn't create that overload to give Theo and Bellerin more space down the right. Wenger really needs to rethink his tactics or get the players playing tighter and closer together for it to work. Passing has to be a lot quicker.

AFC Leveller
12-02-2017, 09:52 AM
I read that our next game in the league is until 4 March, is that true?

GP
12-02-2017, 10:03 AM
I read that our next game in the league is until 4 March, is that true?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/fixtures

AFC Leveller
12-02-2017, 10:21 AM
there goes wenger's jaded excuse for our loss at Liverpool.

Marc Overmars
12-02-2017, 10:35 AM

Considering most of the first 11 won't play at Sutton either, that's one hell of rest period.

Xhaka Can’t
12-02-2017, 10:55 AM

You don't know how tough it is to be mentally ready to go to work when you're only on 100k per week.

No idea at all pal.

AFC Leveller
12-02-2017, 01:01 PM
According to Wenger before the game, the Hull game would show what we are made of.

But it was the Chelsea game which was more defining than a home game against a relegation candidate surely??

Marc Overmars
12-02-2017, 01:35 PM
According to Wenger before the game, the Hull game would show what we are made of.

But it was the Chelsea game which was more defining than a home game against a relegation candidate surely??

There's no point listening to anything that bloke has to say anymore.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-02-2017, 02:00 PM
We're out the race, so yeah....what the fuck does it matter. Surprised the team wasn't even more subdued than they were considering that fact.

Ernesto
12-02-2017, 02:08 PM
It's worthless anyway PG tips.....out of the race!

Not completely worthless. I still think it's imperative we compete in the champions league next season (particularly if we're to attract and succeed with a new manager) so it's imperative we win every game.

It pains me to think we could be a once-a-week-Chelsea next season. Those champions league games, albeit ending in glorious failure, are what we look forward to.

Globalgunner
12-02-2017, 02:14 PM

You are using alternative facts there mate.

Power n Glory
12-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Not completely worthless. I still think it's imperative we compete in the champions league next season (particularly if we're to attract and succeed with a new manager) so it's imperative we win every game.

It pains me to think we could be a once-a-week-Chelsea next season. Those champions league games, albeit ending in glorious failure, are what we look forward to.

It's definitely not over mathematically. I highly doubt dropping out of the top 4 will harm our appeal to a new manager. No credible manager backs out from managing a top side like ours because we're outside of the top 4 unless there unsure of being able to get us back in that position.

Marc Overmars
12-02-2017, 03:06 PM
It's definitely not over mathematically. I highly doubt dropping out of the top 4 will harm our appeal to a new manager. No credible manager backs out from managing a top side like ours because we're outside of the top 4 unless there unsure of being able to get us back in that position.

Agreed. The career of a manager is longer than that of a player and I doubt a year out of the CL is going to matter. If anything the challenge lies in getting a club into the CL and that's what a new manager will relish.

Players on the other hand might think twice about joining a club not in the CL. Though financially I still think we could compete for the best players.

Ernesto
12-02-2017, 03:07 PM

It's touch and go. I'm not sure if it's an apocryphal story but had Chelsea lost at home to Liverpool on the last day in 2003 and beaten their opponents to CL football, the bank of Russia wouldn't have invested.

On the flip side of the coin (as you say), Manchester United are still attracting the highest quality of players in spite of not being in the elite competition in Europe. Pogba, Mkhitaryan and almost unbelievably Griezmann this summer.

fakeyank
12-02-2017, 03:21 PM
I'm sure the feeling would be mutual if he knew who you are.

That would so break my heart..

fakeyank
12-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Considering most of the first 11 won't play at Sutton either, that's one hell of rest period.

Or an excuse to play with 'handbrake on' when we lose or draw our next PL game.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-02-2017, 03:40 PM

We will finish in the top 4....that is a given....because it's what we do and the high pressure is off. And if by any chance we don't......I'm not sure I care anymore.

Coney
12-02-2017, 10:35 PM
It was Danny Murphy, Mills probably would've said something stupid too though. Funny how there was barely any comment from Gabbiadini's handball goal though, where he moved his arm towards the ball.

Well, Danny is a silly name anyway. :whistle: