PDA

View Full Version : Bayern Munich away Wednesday 15 Feb 7:45 pm

Pages : [1] 2

AFC Leveller
12-02-2017, 01:34 PM
This should be an exciting game if we can have some sort of plan going into it. Bayern arent as good as they were a few years ago but they are still a tough team to beat.

If we can cut out the mistakes and have a bit of luck then there is hope. I guess the most important thing to do is making sure we are still in the tie after the first leg.

Would be typical Arsenal to lose 4-1 and then win 2-0 at home, glorious failure at its best.

Id go with Welbeck upfront, Xhaka and Ox in the middle. Id drop Ozil if we had alternatives because i think he needs to be benched for his poor performances recently but he is our best player on his day and we dont have any other options so he starts.

Head says 3-1, heart says 3-2.

Marc Overmars
12-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Zero expectations.

Hopefully we can bag ourselves a couple of away goals and avoid a pasting.

GP
12-02-2017, 01:46 PM
0-2

AFC Leveller
12-02-2017, 03:07 PM
https://www.facebook.com/arsenalfantv/videos/1377589028971603/

This guy always speaks sense. If our shape is right against Bayern then we will have a chance but Wenger doesnt change tactics based on the opposition so we're in trouble!

fakeyank
12-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Anything other than a loss would be a miracle.

selassie
13-02-2017, 09:28 AM
This one is a write off for me, I think we'll lose by 3 or 4 goals.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-02-2017, 09:50 AM
this side has all the confidence and belief of someone who hears voices telling them they are useless and should kill themselves

Do they have the ability to get a result in Munich?....yeah of course they do

But they won't

Marc Overmars
13-02-2017, 09:55 AM
Don't know, we're so shot of confidence and form right now I wouldn't be half surprised if we fluked a result. Classic WUMger.

Bayern know they can dispose of us with ease, so we'll have to hope for some complacency and take advantage of that.

selassie
13-02-2017, 09:59 AM
Interesting if true....

Wenger considering dropping Ozil for this game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/12/arsene-wenger-weighs-dropping-mesut-ozil-arsenals-bayern-munich/

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-02-2017, 10:04 AM
Interesting if true....

Wenger considering dropping Ozil for this game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/12/arsene-wenger-weighs-dropping-mesut-ozil-arsenals-bayern-munich/

Wouldn't be massively surprised, Wenger has been talking about how he's lacking in confidence

Although conversely the problem there in lies if Ox plays higher up who would you play behind him

Frankly if it were me, i'd think sod this and play Elneny and Maitland Niles there.....and then play Welbeck, Sanchez and Perez up top

Ospina, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mustafi, Gibbs, Elneny, Maitland Niles, Ox, Welbeck, Sanchez, Perez

Power n Glory
13-02-2017, 10:17 AM
https://www.facebook.com/arsenalfantv/videos/1377589028971603/

This guy always speaks sense. If our shape is right against Bayern then we will have a chance but Wenger doesnt change tactics based on the opposition so we're in trouble!

Good video. I doubt we'll change our shape and will still start as our 10 despite even Wenger admitting he's struggling for confidence. You can only hope that Xhaka coming back will change the dynamic of the team...and I highly doubt that.

He has to move Ozil wide for Iwobi or drop him completely and set up a team that can work hard to win the ball back and counter. For me, 4-3-3 Xhaka, Coquelin and Ox in the middle. They should have the passing range to launch quick counters and they work hard.

Welbeck, Sanchez and Walcott the starting three on attack.

But if Wenger insists on playing Ozil as a number 10, he has to play Elneny and Xhaka.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Ha i forgot Xhaka was back, Xhaka and Elneny are one of the few midfield combinations that actually works. But because Wenger loves Coquelin it was underused

AFC Leveller
13-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Wouldn't be massively surprised, Wenger has been talking about how he's lacking in confidence

Although conversely the problem there in lies if Ox plays higher up who would you play behind him

Frankly if it were me, i'd think sod this and play Elneny and Maitland Niles there.....and then play Welbeck, Sanchez and Perez up top

Ospina, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mustafi, Gibbs, Elneny, Maitland Niles, Ox, Welbeck, Sanchez, Perez

Agree with that line up but with bring Xhaka in for Mainltand. We cannot afford any passengers against a team like Bayern, we need players who run their socks all all game and Ozil just doesnt do that. we will probably be chasing the ball for the opening 45 minutes and will need to press Alonso/Alcantra. Xhaka, Ox and Elnenny inn the middle with Welbeck, Sanchez and one of Perez or Theo.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Agree with that line up but with bring Xhaka in for Mainltand. We cannot afford any passengers against a team like Bayern, we need players who run their socks all all game and Ozil just doesnt do that. we will probably be chasing the ball for the opening 45 minutes and will need to press Alonso/Alcantra. Xhaka, Ox and Elnenny inn the middle with Welbeck, Sanchez and one of Perez or Theo.

I forgot Xhaka was back from suspension, I too would have him with Elneny in the middle

selassie
13-02-2017, 11:28 AM

I'd pretty much go with that team, swap Cech for Ospina and Xhaka for Maitland-Niles. Also still a little undecided on whether it should be Perez or Iwobi.

AFC Leveller
13-02-2017, 02:27 PM
I'd pretty much go with that team, swap Cech for Ospina and Xhaka for Maitland-Niles. Also still a little undecided on whether it should be Perez or Iwobi.

Iwobi reminds of Nasri in his first season, very good on the eye but doesnt actually do anything that troubles the opposition. He keeps it safe, passes it to the nearest Arsenal player and keeps things ticking along. A winger for us should be able to run at his man (Iwobi hardly does), make penetrating runs and score goals, again things that Iwobi just doesnt do.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Iwobi reminds of Nasri in his first season, very good on the eye but doesnt actually do anything that troubles the opposition. He keeps it safe, passes it to the nearest Arsenal player and keeps things ticking along. A winger for us should be able to run at his man (Iwobi hardly does), make penetrating runs and score goals, again things that Iwobi just doesnt do.

No one who plays for Arsenal wants to play wide, they want to be play centrally and that's why Iwobi tends to cut inside just like Sanchez does, like Ox does etc

Marc Overmars
13-02-2017, 04:35 PM
As far as I'm concerned we haven't had a winger in years.

GP
13-02-2017, 05:21 PM
No we haven't. Who was the last real, proper winger we had? Pires?

fakeyank
13-02-2017, 07:22 PM

Gervinho :lol:

Coney
13-02-2017, 07:24 PM

Geordie Armstrong. A great winger. I loved watching his runs down the wing and great crosses for Radford and Kennedy. :bow:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
13-02-2017, 09:32 PM
Heard a great tribute podcast on Geordie Armstrong. Really gripping and lovely to listen to though he was beyond my time.

Pires was the of the very model of the Non conventional playmaking type 'winger' Wenger loves.

I'd be happy to see Iwobi or Perez... Theo is touch and go. It's harsh on Chamberlain....but I'd probably leave him out and still play Ozil.

Coney
13-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Heard a great tribute podcast on Geordie Armstrong. Really gripping and lovely to listen to though he was beyond my time.

I have two Arsenal shirts with names on - one is Radford 9 (signed by Raddie himself!) and the other is Armstrong 7 (signed by Radford and Storey - sadly GA had already died some years earlier).

selassie
14-02-2017, 09:13 AM
Gervinho :lol:

:lol:

LDG
14-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Geordie Armstrong. A great winger. I loved watching his runs down the wing and great crosses for Radford and Kennedy. :bow:

It must have bee great to have watched the likes of Radford, Kennedy, George and Bastin.

selassie
14-02-2017, 09:50 AM

I agree, though I do think Iwobi has a few more levels in him. What does worry me about him is he seems less direct than when he first broke through, he's been "Wengered"!!!

Maestro
14-02-2017, 10:30 AM

Ospina, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mustafi, Gibbs, Elneny, Maitland Niles, Ox, Welbeck, Sanchez, Perez exactly the team I would go with. On form and balance that's the team we should be playing week in week out right now. We of course know that won't happen so meh.

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Niles played very well against a very poor Southampton. The CL and Bayern in a season saving match is not the time and place to ask him to step up 10 levels.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Niles played very well against a very poor Southampton. The CL and Bayern in a season saving match is not the time and place to ask him to step up 10 levels.

To be fair and to repeat myself i only suggested him because i didn't realise Xhaka was back, Coquelin just cannot be trusted

selassie
14-02-2017, 11:10 AM
To be fair and to repeat myself i only suggested him because i didn't realise Xhaka was back, Coquelin just cannot be trusted

I agree, although I don't entirely trust Xhaka either. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Wenger starts with Giroud on his own up top and 9 behind set up to defend. It will be the most pointless arrangement possible, which makes it the most likely. I'd rather lose this 4-0 having given it a go than 1-0 or 2-0 having played it safe.

Power n Glory
14-02-2017, 11:58 AM
I agree, although I don't entirely trust Xhaka either. :lol:

We're in a pickle with this one. I don't trust Xhaka or Elneny defensively. Not sure if 4-2-3-1 the way to go for this game. I'd want Coquelin in for the defensive work along with Xhaka and Elneny/Ox.

Tempted to say Ozil on the left but we're going to need someone to deal with Robben. I wouldn't want Iwobi there either because he's poor on defence as well.

But we'll never see it happen. We've played one way the whole season and it comes down to the players being on top of their game. Wenger may move Sanchez to the wing and start Welbeck up front.

Marc Overmars
14-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Xhaka should be ok. Familiar with the Bundesliga and will probably have a little more time to get his head up and spray passes.

Power n Glory
14-02-2017, 12:49 PM
I'm expecting Bayern to attack since playing at home and the best way to keep us pinned back is to press that midfield and stay tight on them. If Wenger plays 4-2-3-1 and Xhaka's our main distributor with Coquelin as his partner...we're going to be pretty easy to stop. Wenger has to consider a midfield that includes Ox. It's about as close as we can get to having someone like Cazorla that can actually evade a tackle when being pressed. The other players are the type to buckle under pressure and make a dodgy pass or just play it backwards.

God....Wenger's going probably end up playing Giroud and have Mustafi lump the ball up to him all game. :(

AFC Leveller
14-02-2017, 03:30 PM
We will need some luck though because the attacking players they have are all outstanding and can score goals at will.

Marc Overmars
14-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Of course, there's no way we're going through or even getting a result tomorrow without some luck. Bayern are stacked with serial winners and won't fear anything we have to offer having disposed of us many times already. We need everyone to have the game of their lives over the 2 legs.

Globalgunner
14-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Didnt Ancelotti recently take the mickey out of us saying we were a cash focused enterprise instead of a sporting franchise.?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-02-2017, 04:31 PM
Didnt Ancelotti recently take the mickey out of us saying we were a cash focused enterprise instead of a sporting franchise.?

I don't think he was taking the mickey

AFC Leveller
14-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Watching the PSG game got me and I have to say the PSG players are doing a fantastic job of keeping their shape, winning the ball high up the pitch and attacking with pace. Would love to see us produce something like that tomorrow (I know they are at home but still it's impressive).

Niall_Quinn
14-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Watching the PSG game got me and I have to say the PSG players are doing a fantastic job of keeping their shape, winning the ball high up the pitch and attacking with pace. Would love to see us produce something like that tomorrow (I know they are at home but still it's impressive).

Who do they remind you of, playing like that, tearing up the field as a unit and swamping the midfield when they don't have the ball?

And who does Barca remind you of? Yawn.

AFC Leveller
14-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Who do they remind you of, playing like that, tearing up the field as a unit and swamping the midfield when they don't have the ball?

And who does Barca remind you of? Yawn.

We see it every week that fast proactive football wins over tippy tappy but sadly we will probably stick to the same shit we serve every week.

Ralpheroo72
15-02-2017, 08:23 AM
3-0

AFC Leveller
15-02-2017, 08:50 AM
Hope Gibbs plays instead of Nacho. We need a pacey defender up against Robben and Gibbs would handle him much better than Crouchy.

redordead
15-02-2017, 09:50 AM
I'd be happy with a score draw but just can't see it wasn't impressed with the hull game .Just have zero confidence in wenger getting it right tactically,like someone said he hasn't got a bloody clue,it will be the same go out straight attackin football and get picked off by the counter,would prefer if he set up defending tacti. And let them come at us but it won't happen I predict 3.0

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Depends really, certainly can't play any worse or get it any more wrong tactically than we did against PSG away and at home.

Although that said i wouldn't bank on Lewandowski missing the amount of chances that Cavani did (he was still at it last night).

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 10:11 AM
If we see Giroud on the team sheet the season is over.

redordead
15-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Like Lucas to be given a bit of game time I've been pretty impressed with what little we have seen of him

GP
15-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Like Lucas to be given a bit of game time I've been pretty impressed with what little we have seen of him

He's out.

dostoy
15-02-2017, 10:59 AM
This tie is not over yet.

Arsenal can score 5 at the Emirates, the problem is Bayern can as well and probably will.

The tie is 98% over but we still have hope.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 11:04 AM
They kept that quiet about Lucas, does explain why he's hardly been used of late

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 11:12 AM
They kept that quiet about Lucas, does explain why he's hardly been used of late

As recently as 2 hours ago he was available. He must have been injured brushing his teeth.

Ospina confirmed as starting.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 11:17 AM
well he does seem like someone who probably has such an aggressively tufted tooth brush that the bristles could cut your cheek

He looks more like a Wop than a Spic, skin like old book bound leather, back of the hand red and marked from striking his wife.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 05:14 PM
tick tock - where's the team?

dostoy
15-02-2017, 05:19 PM
tick tock - where's the team?

Still in the hotel queueing for the toilet I should think.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Still in the hotel queueing for the toilet I should think.

Shouldn't have let Bif in first, to do his hair, I suppose.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 06:01 PM
- 11th time we have played Bayern Munich in the UCL
- Head to Head is Arsenal 3 wins 2 Draws Bayern Munich 5 wins
- Head to Head in knock out competition Arsenal 2 wins 1 Draw Bayern Munich 3 wins
- Head to Head record between Wenger and Ancelotti is Wenger 2 wins 1 Draw Ancelotti 3 wins
- Every Arsenal win against Bayern has been accompanied by a shut out (1-0 March 2005) (2-0 March 2013) (2-0 October 2013)
- Giroud is our highest goal scorer against Bayern (3), Thomas Mueller with 4 is their highest goal scorer against us
- We have lost the first leg in all previous knockout ties with Bayern, and have lost the first leg of the previous five last 16 knockout ties going back to 2012
- In UCL knockout ties our record is won 8 lost 13 over two legs
- our away record in knock out ties is win 5 drawn 5 lost 11
- In knockout competition Games in which we score first are won by us 72% of the time

Gooner23
15-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Ornstein reckons Theo has been dropped to bench, hopefully it's for Welbeck not Giroud.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Ornstein reckons Theo has been dropped to bench, hopefully it's for Welbeck not Giroud.

Or Sanogo.

Assume nothing.

Letters
15-02-2017, 06:14 PM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/couple-who-dont-have-to-talk-all-the-time-clearly-going-to-split-up-20170215122162

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 06:17 PM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/couple-who-dont-have-to-talk-all-the-time-clearly-going-to-split-up-20170215122162

???

So you're saying Theo IS playing?

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Perez confirmed out (leg).

Munchies
15-02-2017, 06:34 PM
COYG

Munchies
15-02-2017, 06:43 PM
No Cech, Monreal, Welbeck or Giroud.

FFS needed Welbz!!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Martin Keown seems to want to have his cake and eat it with Arsenal

He thinks Wenger should stay, but at the same time openly questions the clubs ability to win games like tonight

Surely if he wanted some greater coaching role at the club he would just be all sunshine and smiles

Munchies
15-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Ospina, Bellerín, Koscielny, Mustafi, Gibbs, Xhaka, Coquelin, Iwobi, Özil, Chamberlain, Alexis Sanchez

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Well wonderful bottling by Wenger there

Can't drop Coquelin despite it being abundantly clear the poor lad is useless
Can't drop Ozil even though he's a ghost at the club
Can't take the risk of starting with Danny Welbeck

When has Xhaka and Coquelin ever worked?

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Ox to save us.

Gooner23
15-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Surely Elneny and Welbeck should be starting.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Bayern: Neuer - Lahm, Hummels, Martínez, Alaba - Xabi Alonso, Vidal - Robben, Thiago, Costa - Lewandowski.

Dear me this could be grim.

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 06:55 PM
I fear that midfield will have zero control and playing Iwobi means we're a man short to help play fast counter attacks.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 06:56 PM
Bayern: Neuer - Lahm, Hummels, Martínez, Alaba - Xabi Alonso, Vidal - Robben, Thiago, Costa - Lewandowski.

Dear me this could be grim.

No pace in defence or central midfield just like us.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 06:58 PM
I fear that midfield will have zero control and playing Iwobi means we're a man short to help play fast counter attacks.

Only problem is who do you play instead of Iwobi to help track back, Welbeck possibly?

The Ox isn't one for tracking back from the wing either so we could be exposed both sides if Bellerin tries to get too far forward.

Still could be worse, could have started with Monreal and Giroud

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 06:59 PM
No pace with Alaba? Autocorrect wants to put it as Alabama. :lol:

AFC Leveller
15-02-2017, 07:05 PM
I'd have started Welbz ahead of Iwobi.

That Bayern team though is quality, no weaknesses.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 07:07 PM
No pace with Alaba? Autocorrect wants to put it as Alabama. :lol:

Central defence, Alaba is a full back

Although to be fair looking at what I wrote it did imply the entire defence. I meant the two centre backs. Hummels is good in the air but not particularly quick and Martinez is a converted DM

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 07:10 PM

I would have started Welbeck instead of Ozil, played Iwobi through the centre, Welbz interchanging wide left and up top with Alexis.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 07:11 PM

Alonso good ball distributor but slow like Arteta, two centre backs can be got at with pace, that's why I think Iwobi or Ox should have been playing behind Sanchez.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Well not had dinner yet, fortunately don't see any reason why I will be watching the full 90 minutes so won't be having it too late.

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Only problem is who do you play instead of Iwobi to help track back, Welbeck possibly?

The Ox isn't one for tracking back from the wing either so we could be exposed both sides if Bellerin tries to get too far forward.

Still could be worse, could have started with Monreal and Giroud

Welbeck would have been the better choice by far. Defence and attack.

Globalgunner
15-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Well not had dinner yet, fortunately don't see any reason why I will be watching the full 90 minutes so won't be having it too late.

Your driving instructor just called. Night driving lessons

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Your driving instructor just called. Night driving lessons

Why is he calling you?

Not had a night lesson thus far....nor have I crashed into an embankment or a lamp post.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 07:32 PM
I don't think he's meaning to but Martin Keown is pissing me off

Globalgunner
15-02-2017, 07:36 PM
I don't think he's meaning to but Martin Keown is pissing me off

Man on a ledge. Doesn't know whether to jump or climb back in.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Ospina, Bellerín, Koscielny, Mustafi, Gibbs, Xhaka, Coquelin, Iwobi, Özil, Chamberlain, Alexis Sanchez

Nah. We're done. Never mind.

AFC Leveller
15-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Got watch out for Robbeb's diving, one of strengths.

Munchies
15-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Wenker said Ozil is a second striker tonight

video
https://twitter.com/TerjeAFCx/status/831950888524738560

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 07:41 PM

It's a lot easier watching him him when he's not diving, that way you don't have to look at the cunt for more than a few minutes.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 07:44 PM
We get to see another one of our players, Vidal.

Master Splinter

Arjen Robbeb :bow:.

Marc Overmars
Come on you Gunners!!

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Ref sets out his stall right from the KO.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Horrible kick from Opsina

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 07:53 PM
BT have lost the time. :rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Vidal shoots, Ospina saves.

Clown!

Niall_Quinn
We've handed them the initiative, deliberately by the look of it. I sure hope this is a 45 minute plan and not a 90 minute one.

Globalgunner
Weak ass play from Coq. You dont lose those type of tavkles

Edinburgh Gooner
15-02-2017, 07:55 PM
I've got American commentary, much more bearable than bt

Thierrymon
15-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Robbeb scores. Game over.

Marc Overmars
1-0 Robben

Great strike tbf. Typical Robben

Niall_Quinn
Fucking hell.

AFC Leveller
Generous as fuck.

Yeah give robben room on left foot just outside the box.

McNamara That Ghost...
1-0 Robben, Jesus wept.

Globalgunner
15-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Deja vu all over again. Everone knows Robbens one trick...Except us

Niall_Quinn
Let's just stay patient and keep playing out this ultra defensive shit show. Wait for the second.

AFC Leveller
So weak so insipid. Ozil had had one touch so far, need to get him on the ball

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 07:58 PM
Absolutely stupid standing off him. Few players were in a position to close him down. Not that I expect us to be tactically aware.

Munchies
FUCKING JOKE

FUCKING PUSSIES IN THIS TEAM

FUCK RIGHT OFF!!!

RomfordPele
We never fucking learn. SHOW HIM THE OUTSIDE.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 07:59 PM

Why? We're not here to attack, obviously. He set up for the counter and then removed the pace. Genius stuff really.

AFC Leveller
15-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Why do we look so nervous and scared??

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:00 PM
I think we should keep inviting Robben inside - see what happens.

McNamara That Ghost...
Well done Kos.

Ospina saves from Robben.

McNamara That Ghost...

We're nervous and scared.

RomfordPele
I'd take a 3-1 loss at this point. Need to score tonight though.

The sitting back thing doesn't make much sense to me. We are going to get thrashed playing like that.

Globalgunner
We have to be the most tactically and intellectually deficient team in world football

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Mustafi booked.

Penguin
What was Coq doing?

Was a great strike tbf, but once again we make it so fucking easy for them. Bayern may as well be playing against mannequins on a training pitch. The mannequins would probably defend a bit better though.

:doh:

fakeyank

Ozil is playing? :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:02 PM

Confused would be a better description. Bayern won't get an easier opening 15 all year, that's for sure.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:03 PM

This is what happens when you have no strategy and rest on your laurels.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Commentator is saying we need a goal, need to score. I'm glad he told me that because it hadn't dawned on me. Question is, given we can't get the ball or string a pass when we do, a goal might be a big ask.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 08:05 PM
It's a fearsome press we're deploying.

selassie
15-02-2017, 08:05 PM
This team is so physically and mentally weak, we can't even keep possession.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:06 PM
This can't be the players who have decided to give Bayern as much time as they want. This has to be an instruction. Why such an instruction should have been given is a complete fucking mystery. Probably something somebody who hasn't made 30,000 subs can't understand.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Alexis is trying to defy it but nobody else is having any of it.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Ozil ducked that challenge. Fuck sake!

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Piss poor from Ox.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:09 PM
Look at the space between Alexis and any other team mate. Poor guy has fuck all chance.

Marc Overmars
Complacency from Bayern is our only hope.

Even then we'll probably be too weak to take advantage of it.

Globalgunner
Dont think we have made 3 consecutive passes. Hopeless

AFC Leveller
15-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Ozil is such a pussy, ducks out of every 50-50, looks disinterested

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Freekick :popcorn:

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Should have been a pen. Rule is, if the foul carries on into the box it's a pen.

redordead
sad sad sad

Niall_Quinn
Bloody hell. Could have gone anywhere. Offside anyway.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Our midfield is horrific.

RomfordPele
15-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Awful, awful free kick that.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:14 PM
PENALTY!

Globalgunner
lifeline

Niall_Quinn
PEN!!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
PELANTY!!

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:15 PM
ALEXIS!!!!!!

Thierrymon
Lol we got a penalty!

Alexis!!

Edinburgh Gooner
Pel!!!

Niall_Quinn
Must score this. No fucking around please.

Marc Overmars
Alexis is shit at penalties. He never seems to find the corner.

Niall_Quinn
Jesus. Third time lucky.

McNamara That Ghost...
ALEXIS!!!!!!

RomfordPele
15-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Fucking get in there!

Niall_Quinn
Great third effort tbf, after two horror efforts.

Alexis is doing it on his own again.

Thierrymon
Terrible penalty but he did well with the second rebound.

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 08:17 PM
What a finish. Poor penalty but salvaged it.

Niall_Quinn
Just hang on until half time, get a new manager during the break, come out and smash them.

Globalgunner
Sanchez got lucky. Really shouldnt be taking our pens

Not sure it was a pen though

Letters
Awlful pel but good follow up

Wenger :bow:

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Calm down Alexis

Jesus

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Robben :haha:

Diving scumbag.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Alexis booked. Javi Martinez, diving shit.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Bayern appealing for handball. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:20 PM
This crowd and that uber cunt Robben will get something in the end.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Lewa clears one.

redordead
15-02-2017, 08:21 PM
why does iwofull start every game is he shoving it up wenger because he is not 1st team material

Globalgunner
15-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Where do tbey get these shithead commentators from. They dont know the rules of the game

Niall_Quinn
Those Bayern lads seem to have serious balance problems.

RomfordPele
Must be doing something right as the Germans have started cheating.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Replay shows Kos has ducked out of another shot that results in a goal. How many times now?

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Sanchez got lucky. Really shouldnt be taking our pens

Not sure it was a pen though

No he shouldn't, he's missed a few for us now and the ones he has scored have been close to the keeper. He can't seem to find the corner.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Xhaka shoots straight at Neuer

That was a good chance

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:25 PM
Lovely. Shame Xhaka wasn't a bit more composed.

McNamara That Ghost...
Xhaka smashes it at Neuer.

GP
Really good chance.

We can get at this lot.

Thierrymon
Thought Xhaka was going to score when he was lining that up. Straight at the keeper :doh:

Niall_Quinn
No he shouldn't, he's missed a few for us now and the ones he has scored have been close to the keeper. He can't seem to find the corner.

Maybe the rest don't have the bottle to step up.

Letters
Straight at the 'keeper :doh:

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:26 PM
That chance came from Ozil showing a bit of initiative. Much more of that needed.

Letters
15-02-2017, 08:27 PM

Strange for such a technically good player.

Penguin
Pick a side and kick it there ! :doh:

Globalgunner
Iwobi is killing us. Loses possession every time

AFC Leveller
15-02-2017, 08:28 PM
We have the away goal which is crucial.

Bayern can be got at if we play it right, come on Arsenal.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:29 PM
We have the away goal which is crucial.

Bayern can be got at if we play it right, come on Arsenal.

The more they start crying about everything the better chance we have

McNamara That Ghost...
Great defending from Lewandowski!

redordead
bring on danny

Penguin

Not many other options though until Santi's back. Ozil's missed a few too and isn't strong enough mentally. Giroud would probably be my pick when he's on the pitch.

GP
15-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Not many other options though until Santi's back. Ozil's missed a few too and isn't strong enough mentally. Giroud would probably be my pick when he's on the pitch.

Good shout. Oli takes a good pel.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:30 PM
bring on danny

68 minutes and not a moment sooner.

For Giroud to come on, that is.

Munchies
15-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Take off Iwobi

bring on welbz at HT

Thierrymon
Ozil with a great chance, cant get past keeper.

Marc Overmars
Ozil with a great chance. Not convincing at all, seemed to scuff it

Niall_Quinn
Come on Ozil! We needed that big time.

But we've got in again.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 08:32 PM
1-1 HT. Just need to avoid conceding for 135 minutes.

Letters
EITHER SIDE OF THE KEEPER YOU COCKWOMBLE!!!

GP
Not bad at all.

We could actually be winning this with a bit more composure.

Marc Overmars

I imagine Xhaka is quite a clean hitter of the ball.

But I guess it's about nerve really and who wants to step up.

Globalgunner
15-02-2017, 08:33 PM
Id prefer Ox had a chance at pens. He has the look about him

Ozil again acting the pussy. Hate to say it PG tips may be right about him.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Recovered well after a typically slow start.

We've got a fighting chance

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Id prefer Ox had a chance at pens. He has the look about him

Ozil again acting the pussy. Hate to say it PG tips may be right about him.

He took the shot on, tbf this is why he shouldn't. Needed a FIFA goal tap-in.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:35 PM
HT 1-1

We are seriously fortunate to be in this at all but Alexis has gone and pulled Wenger's arse out of the fire again and ridiculously we could actually be winning it.

Defence got a bit more sensible as the half wore on, which wasn't hard tbf.

What a terrible team selection and what shatteringly awful tactics. But we all know he's going to view this utterly random scoreline as vindication of his latest fuck up.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 08:36 PM
I imagine Xhaka is quite a clean hitter of the ball.

But I guess it's about nerve really and who wants to step up.

Hits it with his wrong foot for me

It's not like Neur has played well tonight, Sanchez penalty was poor but Neur spills it

selassie
15-02-2017, 08:37 PM
We ended the half quite well, causing them quite a few problems going forward.

Master Splinter
15-02-2017, 08:37 PM
The more they start crying about everything the better chance we have

Or the ref falls for their histrionics, as is usually the case.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 08:38 PM
For twenty minutes too scared to push up and close down, then we suddenly realise hang on this central defence is as slow as your mum.

Coquelin has played like a pansy, Iwobi might as well not be fucking playing.

Globalgunner
15-02-2017, 08:40 PM
Just seen the replay. Yes it was a pen. Yay!

Alexis always takes his pens down the middle. Shit pen.... Hes been scouted.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:40 PM
Ozil was a bit unlucky, watching the replay. Neuer's done very well with the leg because that ball was just an inch from going beyond him.

Master Splinter
15-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Welbz for Iwobi would be sensible, but Wenger never destroys a player's confidence by hooking him at half-time.

Elneny would be a really good option too. He's the only cool head we have in the middle.

They've been rattled since Alexis scored and started WUMming it up. But we have to take the next chance. Also keep shooting at Neuer please.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:41 PM
For twenty minutes too scared to push up and close down, then we suddenly realise hang on this central defence is as slow as your mum.

Coquelin has played like a pansy, Iwobi might as well not be fucking playing.

Xhaka very, very poor also. Any normal manager would be looking at fixing that midfield during the break.

Any normal manager.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Or the ref falls for their histrionics, as is usually the case.

Love how BT decided they'd get Howard Webb to make the final call on both penalty claims.
It's not like either were in anyway unclear. Our penalty was nailed on, and their cynical claim was clear ball to hand.

Fuck me

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Xhaka very, very poor also. Any normal manager would be looking at fixing that midfield during the break.

Any normal manager.

Xhaka you can kind of excuse because he's just come back and I think a more agressive dynamic player like Elneny would be a better midfield partner.

Iwobi needs to come off for MC Hammer

redordead
15-02-2017, 08:44 PM
danny and theo bloody,hell sounds like a northern gay duet on x factor

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Come on you Gunners!

Let's do this shit.

Munchies
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4u93D5WEAQblRA.jpg

Munchies
better 2nd NEEDED

Niall_Quinn
Breaking News. No changes at half time.

Munchies
15-02-2017, 08:48 PM
apparently ozil made the most tackles in the first half out of our team lol

https://twitter.com/jamesbenge/status/831964524748140545

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Positive start to the half

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Too slow Alexis.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Gabriel coming on for Kos

redordead
15-02-2017, 08:51 PM
oh fuck monkey head is on

Niall_Quinn
Seriously - a double injury? Kos and Ospina? Unfuckingbelievable.

Marc Overmars
Captain Gibbs :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
Ospina and Kos injured.

You can't make it up. :lol:

RomfordPele
Oh well that's Wenger's excuse sorted then.

AFC Leveller
15-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Welbz would be ideal for this, his running and goal threat would be a big threat

Master Splinter
Have we ever had a big European game where a couple of our players didn't go off injured?

Niall_Quinn
Did Ospina stay on? Looks like it.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 08:55 PM
2-1 Lewandoski

Sigh

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:56 PM
Great con work by Ozil. The ref bought it but the shitty lino stuck his nose in.

redordead
here we go melt down time

Niall_Quinn
Fuck off. As soon as Kos goes off that fucker wakes up.

Letters
<_< Soft goal to concede

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 08:57 PM
:rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
Mustafi well beaten there. Pretty pathetic really.

Wenger has lost his rag again. Kicking off at the 4th official.

Munchies
FUCK SAKE
W
HAT A EASY GOAL

Marc Overmars
No need to panic. Just keep plugging away

Globalgunner
15-02-2017, 08:58 PM
A smart manager would start making changes

redordead
subs you french cunt

Marc Overmars
3-1

What a goal

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 08:59 PM
NOW - is the time to bring Welbeck on and move Alexis wide. Not 68 mins. Not 88 mins.

Letters
:rose:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
Brilliant. We concede at the moment we look like we are establishing some sort of control over the game

Be it Wenger, be it someone else.....we have to buy a new left back in the summer. Opposistion teams should not be able to put crosses in so easily

Globalgunner
No need to panic. Just keep plugging away

I think we can start panicking now

Niall_Quinn
All done. Never mind.

Defence fell apart as soon as Kos went. Gibbs is awful too btw.

RomfordPele
Need welbeck on. Now please. Not when your stupid fucking laptop pings.

Marc Overmars
We lasted 53 minutes.

That's progress I reckon.

GP
15-02-2017, 09:00 PM
Kos goes off and it all falls apart.

redordead
my days my 9 year old just said why do you follow this shit i have no answer

Niall_Quinn
A smart manager would start making changes

68 mins dude. Elneny for Iwobi. You know it makes sense.

selassie
15-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Classic Arsenal collapse

Niall_Quinn
Show an ounce of bottle, hold their nerves, nick a goal and 3-2 is not a disaster. But somebody in the defence needs to take charge - and it ain't going to be Gibbs. Maybe Alexis should go back there and pass to himself on the break.

Munchies
that's that then

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Just get one more goal and call it a night at 3-2.