PDA

View Full Version : Bayern 5-1 Arsenal (plus all other games for the rest of the season) Match Reaction

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 09:38 PM
GO!

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Sutton to finish us off once and for all.

Letters
15-02-2017, 09:40 PM
I'll judge this result at the end of the 2nd leg :sulk:

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 09:41 PM
I'll judge this result at the end of the 2nd leg :sulk:

You don't have a leg to stand on!

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 09:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3p539C2f4&app=desktop

Globalgunner
15-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Should have put a tenner on a 5-1 loss. I would be a happy man now.

RomfordPele
15-02-2017, 09:45 PM
Sutton to finish us off once and for all.

I'd take the loss and the ridicule if it guaranteed Wenger leaving at the end of this season.

But we all know we will pub a 1-0 or a 2-1 after they hit the post a few times.

rodders
15-02-2017, 09:45 PM
Total shambles outclassed and outplayed in every department. Wenger out shameful display.
l

selassie
15-02-2017, 09:46 PM
Not even surprised, I said we would lose by 3 or 4.

Ernesto
15-02-2017, 09:46 PM
It's enough to make you shake your head and wonder what we can make of the remaining season. We *should* beat Sutton, but where does that leave us? Potentially heart breaking defeats against Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham or Chelsea in the semis or the final?

And what about breaking into the top 4? I just think it's so crucial we stay in Europe's elite competition. More so for attracting a better manager than someone we'd get without being in the CL.

I'd have had a sleepless night after such a result in the past.

dostoy
15-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Honestly, what did you expect ?

Arsenal are a very moderate team playing away against one of the best teams in Europe.

It was bound to be a hammering.

Wenger has to go, it would be shameful if he was offered and he accepted a new contract.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Another year, another comprehensive first leg defeat. 6 years in a row. You'd think in that time we would have gone back to the drawing board, changed tactics and approach or just done whatever to give ourselves a fighting chance of going through.

There's never a result against the odds, never a fluked win, never a hmm maybe we might just do this moment - just guaranteed and certifiable failure. We don't belong at this level.

RomfordPele
15-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Total shambles outclassed and outplayed in every department. Wenger out shameful display.
l

Totally exposed weakness in every part of the pitch. Men against boys. Midfield especially.

To have spent £35m on xhaka is embarrassing. At least we know coquelin is a pound shop kante, but we spent good money on a player whose only strengths seems to be X-rated tackles and racial abuse.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 09:51 PM
I must say we were little bit unlucky not to be 2-1 at half time. Then our legs were little bit heavy, we lacked little bit sharpness in the second half. Their goal looked like a corner to us and this changed the game. Then we needed to chase and we were vulnerable little bit on the break. You accept these things, you move on to the next game, this is a big chance to show our spirit and bounce back.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 09:52 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/vh3j7l.jpg

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 09:53 PM
This reported 2 year deal on the table. Surely Wenger can't be shameless enough to sign it?

dostoy
15-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Absolutely diabolical.

Any other team would get rid of the manager at the end of the season, but Arsenal probably won't.

Beyond absolutely diabolical.

I am not disappointed at all for two reasons, I expected it and I don't care any more.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 09:57 PM
This reported 2 year deal on the table. Surely Wenger can't be shameless enough to sign it?

Under the table, more like.

Munchies
15-02-2017, 09:58 PM
DT a few years ago

https://youtu.be/7jgCrBZqtI8

:haha:

SAME SHIT AGAIN

DT :bow:

GET THAT CUNT OUT

FUCK WENGER

Xhaka Can’t
The depressing thing is we are talking about Wenger deciding if he is staying on or not.

At any other Club in any other sport, this decision would not be in his hands.

This Club is rotten to the core.

McNamara That Ghost...
Mertesacker before the game: "We mean business tonight".

Funnily enough he's probably right.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2017, 09:59 PM
DT a few years ago

https://youtu.be/7jgCrBZqtI8

SAME SHIT AGAIN

DT :bow:

GET THAT CUNT OUT

FUCK WENGER

Last season. :lol:

:(

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 09:59 PM
All the optimism at the start of the season :haha:

Every year lads, it's exactly the fucking same. :haha:

You must admit, it's pretty damn impressive to be this consistent. What are the odds?

selassie
15-02-2017, 10:00 PM
I must say we were little bit unlucky not to be 2-1 at half time. Then our legs were little bit heavy, we lacked little bit sharpness in the second half. Their goal looked like a corner to us and this changed the game. Then we needed to chase and we were vulnerable little bit on the break. You accept these things, you move on to the next game, this is a big chance to show our spirit and bounce back.

:lol:

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 10:00 PM
The depressing thing is we are talking about Wenger deciding if he is staying on or not.

At any other Club in any other sport, this decision would not be in his hands.

This Club is rotten to the core.

It's fans like you who are to blame.

Munchies
15-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Wenger: "It's difficult to explain. We were unlucky on the 2nd goal because they played with a 2nd ball on the pitch."

Munchies
15-02-2017, 10:07 PM
Wenger: "It's difficult to explain. We were unlucky on the 2nd goal because they played with a 2nd ball on the pitch."

SHIT LIKE THIS PISSES ME OFF

FUCK OFF YOU OLD BASTARD

FUCK SAKE!!!

Munchies
15-02-2017, 10:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4bOhgCXAAYLjkg.jpg

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 10:09 PM
Lineker's enjoying himself a bit too much. Would be awful if his chair broke and stabbed him up the arsehole.

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 10:10 PM
Totally exposed weakness in every part of the pitch. Men against boys. Midfield especially.

To have spent £35m on xhaka is embarrassing. At least we know coquelin is a pound shop kante, but we spent good money on a player whose only strengths seems to be X-rated tackles and racial abuse.

Wenger really needs his head testing. Coquelin and Xhaka are just a poor poor combination. Coq completed 6 passes tonight. 6! Shifted Ox to the wing which fucked over his game....I don't know where this confidence comes from thinking Xhaka is good enough to handle the midfield. Predictable stuff.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 10:13 PM

Is it? Well let me explain it for you. Gibbs was caught too far forward and didn't do enough to stop Lahm getting in a cross for their second goal.

Also as for the corner decision, the referee got it right.

Munchies
15-02-2017, 10:14 PM
Video of Ox pressing and getting mad at the bottlers in our team
https://twitter.com/homosovieticus/status/831986704235900929

RomfordPele
Lineker's enjoying himself a bit too much. Would be awful if his chair broke and stabbed him up the arsehole.

I'll get me screwdriver...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie

I thought you said he was enjoying himself too much, he'd surely only enjoy that more

Munchies
15-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Neuer 17/24 passes; Özil 18/24 passes.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 10:17 PM
It's a long shot but I hope there is some kind of boycott of the second leg.

This is beyond embarrassing now and the fans really need to get together and call for change. Wenger would have been sacked 5 times over by now at any leading European club.

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 10:19 PM

I'm sure he'll find a new low to sink to considering we've taken another beating and likely to go out at the last 16 again.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 10:21 PM
I'm sure he'll find a new low to sink to considering we've taken another beating and likely to go out at the last 16 again.

There's always Sutton...

Imagine we lost that, he'd have to resign on the spot surely?

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Video of Ox pressing and getting mad at the bottlers in our team
https://twitter.com/homosovieticus/status/831986704235900929

Sheer frustration. I hope there is a dressing room bust up. Too many pussies in this squad and I'd hate to think they went back to the locker room and just sat in silence.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Wenger would have been sacked 5 times over by now at any leading European club.

And what does that lead you to conclude?

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 10:24 PM

The board are clearly not interested in what happens on the pitch. Disgraceful.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 10:24 PM
Sheer frustration. I hope there is a dressing room bust up. Too many pussies in this squad and I'd hate to think they went back to the locker room and just sat in silence.

And yet you know deep down that's exactly what happened. Ox was probably given a couple of euros to buy some chocolate from the vending machine and cool off

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 10:25 PM

We would be dumb enough to re-hire him 4 times?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 10:25 PM

Not quite. They are not interested unless it threatens the money flow

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 10:26 PM
We would be dumb enough to re-hire him 4 times?

You know exactly why they do it

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 10:26 PM
There's always Sutton...

Imagine we lost that, he'd have to resign on the spot surely?

We won't lose to Sutton but we won't win the FA Cup. Unless conditions are made extremely uncomfortable for him by the fans, he's staying put. If he felt his time was up he'd have made the decision much earlier in the season.

Munchies
15-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Martin Keown "Wenger needs to be protected frm himself. I don't want him to be a boxer who's taken too many punches"

VID
https://twitter.com/Invertd*******/status/831991263087980544

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Ty video is the silver lining.

:popcorn:

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Martin Keown "Wenger needs to be protected frm himself. I don't want him to be a boxer who's taken too many punches"

VID

Too many? After being pummelled for 10 years? I wonder what he considers a normal amount to be?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 10:30 PM
We won't lose to Sutton but we won't win the FA Cup. Unless conditions are made extremely uncomfortable for him by the fans, he's staying put. If he felt his time was up he'd have made the decision much earlier in the season.

I think if he was totally immovable the club wouldn't have gone to flood the media with Wenger feeling unloved stories, they wouldn't need to guilt the fans into being more appreciative if Wenger was totally immune to fans reactions, nor would he get so salty and spiky with fans in press conferences.

He won't see fault in himself but he might think, fuck it I'm not appreciated anymore

RomfordPele
15-02-2017, 10:31 PM

Genuinely don't think Wenger will survive this, but it's the board that fans should really go after now.

They have sat on their hands, silently coining it off the back of fans investment for years now, and have given absolutely nothing back. No accountability, no leadership, no vision, no direction. Just silently take the money.

It's time for them to feel some heat from the fanbase too.

AFC Leveller
15-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Bayern were so much better than us it was really hard to watch as an Arsenal fan. The way they passed the ball around us was painful to watch and probably even worse for the players.

The problem is Wenger, he is the one person who continue to oversee embarrassing defeats every fucking year and it's a huge problem now moving him on. The fact that even after years of failure, he still has the final say on his future is depressing.

Apart from the ox and maybe Alexis, the rest of the players should be ashamed of themselves.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 10:32 PM
Too many? After being pummelled for 10 years? I wonder what he considers a normal amount to be?

In that analogy Wenger would be Michael Watson or Gerald McClellan

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Genuinely don't think Wenger will survive this, but it's the board that fans should really go after now.

They have sat on their hands, silently coining it off the back of fans investment for years now, and have given absolutely nothing back. No accountability, no leadership, no vision, no direction. Just silently take the money.

It's time for them to feel some heat from the fanbase too.

That didn't work out so well for the St Louis Rams

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 10:35 PM
Neuer 17/24 passes; Özil 18/24 passes.

The Wizard of Oz pulls off his signature disappearing act. Fraud!

Munchies
15-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Wenker post match intv with BT
https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/831990156202749953

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 10:38 PM

VID

I know Keown is barely a human being, but he must have enough sentience to realise how things work at Arsenal

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Wenker post match intv with BT
https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/831990156202749953

Just go Wenger. For fucks sakes. Give it up.

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2017, 10:46 PM
The great thing about winning our group is we now know what we have to do at home in the second leg.

Özim
15-02-2017, 10:47 PM
No surprises tonight then, humiliated again by a top side, happens all too often these days and as well all know last 16 is as far as we go every season, we got lucky in the group when we should have been thumped by PSG but didn't, but Wengers' luck has to run out sometime (usually at last 16 stage).

As predicted same thing happens every season, nothing changes, never a surprise result, never a determined performance against the odds, just customary thrashings by very good sides who in reality show us up for what we are, distinctly average.

We signed some nobodies in the transfer window so it's no surprise to see them performing so poorly really, there really is not much right at this club.

The players, well what can you say, they fail to turn up every time we have a match that really matters, so we lost big deal, they can put this behind them and go home to their mansions in their Bentleys and Astons and sleep well knowing that tomorrow is another day and the manager won't hold it against them and will find other reasons for our failures.

As someone said yes Abrahmovic ploughed money into Chelsea but he actually follows the team and cares about them winning and won't accept coming 2nd best. At our joint we have a guy who would rather be at the superbowl than watching one of our biggest matches, knows nothing about soccer and frankly couldn't care less whether we win or get hammered as long as the $$$$ keep rolling in.

And then there's the manager, the loser who's been telling people for the last 12 years that coming 4th is success and is just like a trophy and that people should pat him on the back and that in reality fans are to blame for our performances and failures. The guy who knows better than everyone else in the whole wide world because he's made 20,000 substitutions and they haven't, this despite being humbled year in year out and watching the team he's put together collapse every single time it matters.

This club is all setup, all setup for failure, theres a losers mentality running from top to bottom, noone is really that bothered about coming 2nd/3rd/4th (in fact they celebrate 4th like they've won the CL and World Cup back to back), defeat is just water off a ducks back, put it down to bad luck, bad refereeing, not enough rest and the rain.

What a great club indeed!

The Dismantler
15-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Arsenal Fan Tv a bit slow to upload tonight!! :fury:

got my popcorn ready :dance::partytime:

The French Frog is definitely fucking off come end of this season!!

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 10:51 PM
It's uncomfortable watching Wenger in this press conference. Obviously distressed. I feel sorry for him and I don't want to see him leave under such fucked up conditions. But he has to leave.

Surely he has to lose it in the dressing room and punch Ozil in the face at least! :lol: A good straight right hand in the nose.

Munchies
15-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Koscielny on #beINSports: 'The dressing room must stay strong. There'll be meetings to clarify certain things. But we must stick together'

Stop the meetings and sack the old cunt

Munchies
15-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Arsenal Fan Tv a bit slow to upload tonight!! :fury:

got my popcorn ready :dance::partytime:

The French Frog is definitely fucking off come end of this season!!

10 second clip from Troopz's vid

https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/831998104475934721

gonna be fun!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Watched Wengers press conference, what he says is far less telling than How he looks

I could be wrong, but that's the body language of someone who finally knows the jig is up.

Will he go at the end of the season? Who knows but I'd honestly defy anyone to watch that press conference and say that he's not strongly considering it at the very least.

The Dismantler
15-02-2017, 10:53 PM
It's uncomfortable watching Wenger in this press conference. Obviously distressed. I feel sorry for him and I don't want to see him leave under such fucked up conditions. But he has to leave.

Agree with you, the board should now come out and say this is AW last season, then remaining last games us fans have to try to send him off on a high, rather than seeing placards and banners!!!..

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2017, 10:54 PM

Surely he has to lose it in the dressing room and punch Ozil in the face at least! :lol: A good straight right hand in the nose.

I don't care how he feels and under what circumstances he leaves any longer.

I just want him gone.

Munchies
15-02-2017, 10:55 PM
Alexis is off

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4vJYy2WYAka4YJ.jpg

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 10:55 PM
Watched Wengers press conference, what he says is far less telling than How he looks

I could be wrong, but that's the body language of someone who finally knows the jig is up.

Will he go at the end of the season? Who knows but I'd honestly defy anyone to watch that press conference and say that he's not strongly considering it at the very least.

First time in a long time I've had sympathy for him. He has to go.

The Dismantler
15-02-2017, 10:56 PM
10 second clip from Troopz's vid

https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/831998104475934721

gonna be fun!

Feel sorry for Big Robbie, just stood there and taking in all the abuse as if he's the one at fault... got a big heart our Robbie has!!!:)

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 10:56 PM
Alexis is off

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4vJYy2WYAka4YJ.jpg

Looks like he's taking a dump.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 10:58 PM

Yep....he is looking away from the camera, his eyes look puffy and shrunken and usually when he gets tough questions he gets irritated where as actually he's more resigned and saying, look pal I know you're doing your job but I'd rather fuck a wolf than hang around here so I'll agree with whatever you say and let's wrap it up

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Koscielny on #beINSports: 'The dressing room must stay strong. There'll be meetings to clarify certain things. But we must stick together'

Meetings to clarify what exactly? The penny should have dropped years ago but it never did and never will.

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 10:59 PM
I don't care how he feels and under what circumstances he leaves any longer.

I just want him gone.

I hear you. He has to go and I hope they sack him if he won't walk. It's getting silly now.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 10:59 PM

He doesn't feel as uncomfortable as some of us, I'm sure. He's taken 90million quid to get to this sorry point so whatever happens I'm sure he'll struggle through. How are you all doing? Mansions, Rollers and fine dining again?

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 11:00 PM

That's the saddest part. He's a great man and it didn't have to end like this. He needs to call it a day and admit he can't do it anymore, I would respect him for that.

The Dismantler
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4vcGaxWYAQ6BKu.jpg:large

Power n Glory

I hate this fucking prick as well. Captain pussy. Talk about what?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 11:01 PM
I don't feel sorry for him, he knows this business is a snake pit and he's chosen to put himself through it for long enough. But I think no one can seriously argue that he doesn't care.

It's regrettable that it will end this way for him, but he's only a victim of his own hubris.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Feel sorry for Big Robbie, just stood there and taking in all the abuse as if he's the one at fault... got a big heart our Robbie has!!!:)

What does Gary Neville have to say about it? Idiot fans?

Only one idiot around here, the guy who has taken so long to find the door.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Meetings to clarify what exactly? The penny should have dropped years ago but it never did and never will.

It's a corporation. So they must have meetings. The whole point of corporate meetings is to clarify nothing at all.

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 11:04 PM
That's the saddest part. He's a great man and it didn't have to end like this. He needs to call it a day and admit he can't do it anymore, I would respect him for that.

That's all he needs to do. Just call it quits sooner rather than later. It's obvious he's out of answers.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 11:06 PM
Apparently Coq didn't make a single tackle tonight.

Pound shop Kante someone said? Car boot sale at best.

Özim
15-02-2017, 11:07 PM

Heard this before....

Özim
15-02-2017, 11:08 PM

I've heard this before as well, a couple wins and he'll be back to his normal self, he'll put his behind him quickly, he's a master at forgetting what happened before, a few wins and all will be forgotten.

Gooner23
15-02-2017, 11:09 PM

He's been found out big time this season. I can't understand why Wenger persists with out of form players like Coq and Iwobi. He really doesn't help himself.

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 11:10 PM

Nah, he made 2/2 tackles according to StatZone.

But Ozil 5/6. Our top tackler. ;) App must be broken!

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 11:11 PM
He's been found out big time this season. I can't understand why Wenger persists with out of form players like Coq and Iwobi. He really doesn't help himself.

How the heck Welbeck and Elneny didn't start is beyond me. Coquelin has regressed. He completed 6 passes!

Chippy
15-02-2017, 11:12 PM

Didn't he struggle to get into Charltons first 11? What does that tell you?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Nah, he made 2/2 tackles according to StatZone.

But Ozil 5/6. Our top tackler. ;) App must be broken!

No actually saw him make more tackles than anyone else, even ran back into the defensive half to do it

That's not praising him, Coq did his usual being bounced off by more physically imposing players. Vidal swiped him away like a bead of sweat on his forehead.

Özim
15-02-2017, 11:14 PM
If only we'd done something logical and gone after Vidal as someone suggested when we had the chance eh.

Instead we have to put up with Coquelin and players like Xhaka (clearly a player not up to the task) whom we paid a small fortune for.

I think tonights result really reflects how good our team is, I think people who think this squad is anywhere near good enough need to think again, we need a change in management and mentality but we also need a number of better players.

Munchies
15-02-2017, 11:15 PM
https://youtu.be/NeM4c7lTeMY

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 11:16 PM
How the heck Welbeck and Elneny didn't start is beyond me. Coquelin has regressed. He completed 6 passes!

Welbeck is being eased back in so he can play in the big one against Sutton.

He should be looking for the exit sharpish too. If he can't get a kick tonight then Wenger doesn't consider him a key player. Perez too must be kicking himself. Probably why he got injured.

Gooner23
15-02-2017, 11:16 PM
Just seen there first goal, why does Coq show Robben on to his left. Is he really that stupid.

Özim
15-02-2017, 11:21 PM
We've had Gibbs playing for years, the guy is absolute rubbish, can't defend for toffee and is always injured absolute waste of tiem.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 11:22 PM
If only we'd done something logical and gone after Vidal as someone suggested when we had the chance eh.

Instead we have to put up with Coquelin and players like Xhaka (clearly a player not up to the task) whom we paid a small fortune for.

I think tonights result really reflects how good our team is, I think people who think this squad is anywhere near good enough need to think again, we need a change in management and mentality but we also need a number of better players.

We've done the worst possible thing, we've bought second tier players expensively. That was worse than buying nobody at all. We should have been adding one genuine top class player each year for the past few seasons, which we could have done without breaking the bank. That would have helped keep players here too as they watched the quality develop. But Wenger knows better.

Munchies
15-02-2017, 11:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps97etOjV_k

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Just seen there first goal, why does Coq show Robben on to his left. Is he really that stupid.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the players had no clue Robben favoured his left. Seems to me that's not the sort of picky detail the management wastes time on. We've already heard how Alexis has to coach himself.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 11:28 PM
https://youtu.be/NeM4c7lTeMY

Love Troopz. He always reminds you to get a bit of perspective in case you wind up like him.

Özim
15-02-2017, 11:33 PM
We've done the worst possible thing, we've bought second tier players expensively. That was worse than buying nobody at all. We should have been adding one genuine top class player each year for the past few seasons, which we could have done without breaking the bank. That would have helped keep players here too as they watched the quality develop. But Wenger knows better.

Totally agree, time and time again it's the same,...we just will not sign top quality players, Wenger wants pet projects he can turn into world beaters and time and time again he fails.

The amount of money we wasted in the summer is a real shocker, the guy either doesn't spends or spends on all the wrong players.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-02-2017, 11:34 PM
Love Troopz. He always reminds you to get a bit of perspective in case you wind up like him.

If you tolerate this than you're children will be next fam

Long time since I heard the word bloodclart used

Obviously I need to hang around with Yardies more

Power n Glory
15-02-2017, 11:37 PM

Your average Pro Evo and Fifa player know not to show Robben on to his left foot. ;) We have some idiotic players and berk of a manager.

Thierrymon
15-02-2017, 11:39 PM

Manic Street Preachers :bow:

Has anyone got a link to Wengers post match interview? Only one I have found is the Sky Sports one which "isnt available in my country" (fuckers).

*Edit. Found one.

Munchies
15-02-2017, 11:40 PM
Manic Street Preachers :bow:

Has anyone got a link to Wengers post match interview? Only one I have found is the Sky Sports one which "isnt available in my country" (fuckers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4XJpoYSxQQ

try that

Munchies
15-02-2017, 11:41 PM
https://youtu.be/C4R_twTMoqk

Jesus christ. Stop already.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2017, 11:44 PM

try that

He looks and sounds pretty beaten up.

Thierrymon
15-02-2017, 11:53 PM

try that

:good:

"The third goal was the killer" bullshit we hear every time we get hammered. The players should never just collapse like they did, no excuses. They should always have the belief that they can get back into the game. That is what separates us from the better teams around us.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 11:56 PM

He's the one who has chosen to keep walking into fast moving traffic. It's on him to realise that the club is bigger than his personal ambitions and he lost sight of that fact a long time ago. He's facing the facts the fans have known for a long time now - at least I hope he's facing them. The absolute low point was the 6-0 drubbing on his thousandth game against a bitter rival. In isolation okay he could maybe brush that off, but it was the opposite, it was a crushing confirmation based on a stream of similar calamities that he was finished. He chose not to accept it and now he's ended up here, pulling the whole club down to joke status yet again. Can we really be sympathetic for somebody who has brought this on himself and on the club as a whole? Yes, there's the stadium, the trophies of the past, a whole stack of good times. But that's not how football works and because football is a cut-throat, results based business the rewards are huge. Obscene in fact. And he's enjoyed the rewards whist taking advantage of a unique position in which he's made himself answerable to only himself and has therefore evaded the consequences of repeated failure. He's had his cake and eaten it. This resulting pressure goes with the territory and if I'm honest I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for him. I have a very hard time feeling sympathetic for people who beg for predictable misfortune and then inevitably get it, especially when they drag thousands of other people into their mess.

Özim
15-02-2017, 11:57 PM
I've lost count of the amont of thrashings we've got in the last 10 years, most big clubs suffer big defeats once in a blue moon, we seem to have to endure them quite a lot, just embarassing.

Before Wenger came along the only big defeat I can remember was a 6-2 defeat to Man U in the league cup.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 12:00 AM

That's one possible design for life I suppose.

Damn, I wish I had a bottle, right here in my dirty face.

Özim
16-02-2017, 12:00 AM
He's the one who has chosen to keep walking into fast moving traffic. It's on him to realise that the club is bigger than his personal ambitions and he lost sight of that fact a long time ago. He's facing the facts the fans have known for a long time now - at least I hope he's facing them. The absolute low point was the 6-0 drubbing on his thousandth game against a bitter rival. In isolation okay he could maybe brush that off, but it was the opposite, it was a crushing confirmation based on a stream of similar calamities that he was finished. He chose not to accept it and now he's ended up here, pulling the whole club down to joke status yet again. Can we really be sympathetic for somebody who has brought this on himself and on the club as a whole? Yes, there's the stadium, the trophies of the past, a whole stack of good times. But that's not how football works and because football is a cut-throat, results based business the rewards are huge. Obscene in fact. And he's enjoyed the rewards whist taking advantage of a unique position in which he's made himself answerable to only himself and has therefore evaded the consequences of repeated failure. He's had his cake and eaten it. This resulting pressure goes with the territory and if I'm honest I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for him. I have a very hard time feeling sympathetic for people who beg for predictable misfortune and then inevitably get it, especially when they drag thousands of other people into their mess.

Totally agree, should have hung up his hat years ago, as you say his 1000th match told you all you need to know. Unfortunately he's not one to take note or to learn, I don't feel any sympathy for the guy, he's been happy enough to point the finger at the fans when he's the one he should be looking at.

Like you say he's brought it on himself, he's had the warnings many times before and he had to do was take notice and either retire or change, unfortunately he decided to the the same thing over and over and over and over again, because as we knw he thinks he's always right.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 12:02 AM
I've lost count of the amont of thrashings we've got in the last 10 years, most big clubs suffer big defeats once in a blue moon, we seem to have to endure them quite a lot, just embarassing.

Before Wenger came along the only big defeat I can remember was a 6-2 defeat to Man U in the league cup.

We got done 5-0 by Boro IIRC. Midweek game I think. Remember listening to it on the radio and thinking, damn, you rotten cunts.

[ Looked that one up and there it is, long time ago: http://www.worldfootball.net/report/premier-league-1979-1980-middlesbrough-fc-arsenal-fc/ ]

Özim
16-02-2017, 12:11 AM
People can say what they like about Wenger but he can only be regarded as a complete failure in Europe, perhaps even the biggest failure, so many opportunities to win and has failed to do so, he's been badly exposed in Europe, I think that has to impact on how great a manager he will be considered, failing to win a European trophy is a big black mark on his cv (to go alongside the 12 or so years of relative failure).

Özim
16-02-2017, 12:12 AM
We got done 5-0 by Boro IIRC. Midweek game I think. Remember listening to it on the radio and thinking, damn, you rotten cunts.

[ Looked that one up and there it is, long time ago: http://www.worldfootball.net/report/premier-league-1979-1980-middlesbrough-fc-arsenal-fc/ ]

You really had to search hard for that :lol:

In the last decade the list is however rather long.

Maestro
16-02-2017, 12:48 AM
Beautiful just beautiful

No more chat an stop fucking analysing the game, he needs to go end off. Sutton do us a favour and kill him off! Wenger Out!!!!!!

selassie
16-02-2017, 06:20 AM

Yeah I feel sorry for him, he looks visibly upset.

redordead
16-02-2017, 07:40 AM
Totally agree, should have hung up his hat years ago, as you say his 1000th match told you all you need to know. Unfortunately he's not one to take note or to learn, I don't feel any sympathy for the guy, he's been happy enough to point the finger at the fans when he's the one he should be looking at.

Like you say he's brought it on himself, he's had the warnings many times before and he had to do was take notice and either retire or change, unfortunately he decided to the the same thing over and over and over and over again, because as we knw he thinks he's always right.

Couldn't agree more

AFC Leveller
16-02-2017, 07:56 AM
The one positive (if you can call it that) was the performance of Ospina. He kept the score respectable and was unlucky with the 4th goal.
Since the season is done and dusted now he should be given a run in the starting eleven and build his confidence.

Xhaka Can’t
16-02-2017, 08:01 AM
It's nights like last night that demonstrate why we need to finish outside the top 4.

Marc Overmars
16-02-2017, 08:22 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2875839/arsenal-vs-bayern-munich-tickets-gunners-fans-rush-to-sell-their-seats-for-champions-league-second-leg-after-5-1-nightmare/amp/

Unsurprising. :lol:

selassie
16-02-2017, 09:07 AM
It's nights like last night that demonstrate why we need to finish outside the top 4.

Yep totally agree.

Özim
16-02-2017, 09:16 AM
We're really not a very good side, we've hardly played well in any games this season, I actually think we're very overrated, we lose all the big games and even in the smaller games although we do get results it's with poor performances, I think a squad overhaul is required personally once the manager moves on.

Gooner23
16-02-2017, 09:17 AM
Yep totally agree.

Outside the top 6 for me, fuck the Europa League

Ralpheroo72
16-02-2017, 09:19 AM
Did we lose?

selassie
16-02-2017, 09:21 AM
Outside the top 6 for me, fuck the Europa League

Yep me too.

We are going to need to rebuild regardless of where we finish, I think last night pretty much cemented Sanchez & Ozil's exit. Might as well rebuild outside of CL, the type of players we attract are Europa League level anyway so it's not like it is going to make a difference to our recruitment regardless of where we finish.

Gooner23
16-02-2017, 09:27 AM
I think no European football could be a blessing in disguise IF Wenger was to stand down, more time each week to prepare the team. Chelsea being the blue print for that obviously.

Marc Overmars
16-02-2017, 09:41 AM
If we don't pick ourselves up we're not going to finish in the top 4 anyway, we still have to play all the sides we're fighting with and it doesn't look like we can beat any of them. The trip to Anfield next could be equally as grim as last night if Klopp gets his tactics right.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-02-2017, 09:44 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38991573

Playing for time?

Letters
16-02-2017, 09:45 AM
http://newsthump.com/2017/02/16/its-not-the-winning-its-the-taking-part-wenger-tells-team/

selassie
16-02-2017, 09:47 AM
If we don't pick ourselves up we're not going to finish in the top 4 anyway, we still have to play all the sides we're fighting with and it doesn't look like we can beat any of them. The trip to Anfield next could be equally as grim as last night if Klopp gets his tactics right.

Yeah as it stands I think we'll finish outside of the top 4. As others have said we haven't at any stage really got going this season and we have struggled quite badly in the big games.

I think we'll get soundly beaten at Anfield in a few weeks time, I'll be surprised if we don't lose by 2 or 3 goals.

Marc Overmars
16-02-2017, 09:48 AM

Playing for time?

He is going.

The performances from the players are starting to reflect the uncertainty though. Bit like when City announced Pellegrini's departure.

Gooner23
16-02-2017, 09:49 AM

Playing for time?

Doesn't really tell us anything we don't already know. The ball is and has always been firmly in Wenger's court. I can't see the 2 year offer being rescinded regardless of results until the end of the season.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Doesn't really tell us anything we don't already know. The ball is and has always been firmly in Wenger's court. I can't see the 2 year offer being rescinded regardless of results until the end of the season.

I can look at it one of two ways 1) that the board are cowardly contemptimble scum and don't have the guts to take direct responsibility, they aren't saying it's wenger's decision out of respect for him they are saying it because they'd rather him walk than have to take the responsibility themselves

2) Wenger and the board playing for time, hoping that fan anger will blow over. Forlorn hope....

selassie
16-02-2017, 10:23 AM
I can look at it one of two ways 1) that the board are cowardly contemptimble scum and don't have the guts to take direct responsibility, they aren't saying it's wenger's decision out of respect for him they are saying it because they'd rather him walk than have to take the responsibility themselves

2) Wenger and the board playing for time, hoping that fan anger will blow over. Forlorn hope....

1) They are definitely cowards and are definitely doing as you described.

2) Most likely, but I think Wenger is at the point of no return in terms of Fans support...he's buried himself so deep in it that that he has no real way of getting out. I honestly don't think anything could persuade fans to want him to stay, the anger will be there until the end of the season now....it's built up over quite a long time.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-02-2017, 10:26 AM
1) They are definitely cowards and are definitely doing as you described.

2) Most likely, but I think Wenger is at the point of no return in terms of Fans support...he's buried himself so deep in it that that he has no real way of getting out. I honestly don't think anything could persuade fans to want him to stay, the anger will be there until the end of the season now....it's built up over quite a long time.

I agree, but it's the only possible reason why he hasn't announced his departure already

Marc Overmars
16-02-2017, 10:35 AM
Can you imagine the dismay him signing a new deal would cause? He looks like he's had enough and it's not worth the hassle anymore to him.

They can weather the storm as much as they like but the opinion of the fanbase isn't going to change. Even if we win the Cup. He's got to go.

GP
16-02-2017, 10:36 AM
I think the board want him to stay because replacing him is a massive job. This is exactly why the decision cannot be left until the end of the season. We need to start planning for his departure now.

Wenger is the last of the old school Managers, involved in many areas of the club a modern Head Coach wouldn't be. It's impossible to replace him with one man.

I hope they have already been working on this behind he scenes.

GP
16-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Can you imagine the dismay him signing a new deal would cause? He looks like he's had enough and it's not worth the hassle anymore to him.

They can weather the storm as much as they like but the opinion of the fanbase isn't going to change. Even if we win the Cup. He's got to go.

Wenger signing a new deal suits the board, but not the fans or even Wenger himself. A decision needs to be made on this right now.

Marc Overmars
16-02-2017, 10:40 AM
That's my biggest concern, that no succession plan has been made. Simply because for the board who have no say on football matters, keeping Wenger makes their lives a hell of a lot easier. They've sat on their arses for 10 years since Dein left and Wenger took on more responsibility, now they might actually have to do something.

Power n Glory
16-02-2017, 10:55 AM
I think the board want him to stay because replacing him is a massive job. This is exactly why the decision cannot be left until the end of the season. We need to start planning for his departure now.

Wenger is the last of the old school Managers, involved in many areas of the club a modern Head Coach wouldn't be. It's impossible to replace him with one man.

I hope they have already been working on this behind he scenes.

It’s a massive job but I can’t say for sure who’s stopping us from upgrading our structure. Who made the decision to block Thierry Henry and has hardly offered jobs to former players? The staff Wenger has around him has been the same for years and he seems reluctant to upgrade.

He’s spoken out against having a Director of Football in the past. Not sure what his stance is now. We’ve slowly seen a change to our Academy and medical staff but the first team has remained the same for donkeys.

Considering the club were open to listening to Wenger’s ideas on how a club should be run, it would be stupid for them not to be open to listening to the ideas of a new manager. The way to pitch this club to a new manager is that this is a chance to build a legacy.

Now that Wenger’s approval ratings have hit an all time low with the fans, the Board must sense that this is the time to let him go.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 10:59 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2875839/arsenal-vs-bayern-munich-tickets-gunners-fans-rush-to-sell-their-seats-for-champions-league-second-leg-after-5-1-nightmare/amp/

ONE slight twist to this and we're talking. If people could somehow get organised and boycott ONE match, just the one. The empty stadium protest. Just Ty and Chris Wenger sitting there. Pick a meaningless game, and they are all meaningless now bar Sutton. Instead of spending the money on the match, set up a charity donation, maybe ex-players who knew how to play, gave their all for the club and earned fuck all in return. Or one of the Arsenal nominated charities. People will say it can't be done, but proper organisation by a group like Arsenal Fan TV could do it. You might not get a completely empty stadium but it would be empty enough to send the required message. And that message would be sent to every club out there that treats their fans like shit.

A big dip in their charts - that's the only thing they'll be bothered by and might do something to correct.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 11:01 AM
We're really not a very good side, we've hardly played well in any games this season, I actually think we're very overrated, we lose all the big games and even in the smaller games although we do get results it's with poor performances, I think a squad overhaul is required personally once the manager moves on.

We've forgotten how to pass the ball. An Arsenal team that can't pass, it's astonishing. We can't cross a ball either. We can't beat opponents down the flank. We can't defend as a unit. When you can't do those things it's fair to say you can't play the game.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 11:04 AM

Playing for time?

How noble of them. Wenger has already said he'll decide at the end of the season so the board is simply saying, "yes boss, whatever you say."

"Mutual" means Wenger will decide.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 11:09 AM
It’s a massive job but I can’t say for sure who’s stopping us from upgrading our structure. Who made the decision to block Thierry Henry and has hardly offered jobs to former players? The staff Wenger has around him has been the same for years and he seems reluctant to upgrade.

He’s spoken out against having a Director of Football in the past. Not sure what his stance is now. We’ve slowly seen a change to our Academy and medical staff but the first team has remained the same for donkeys.

Considering the club were open to listening to Wenger’s ideas on how a club should be run, it would be stupid for them not to be open to listening to the ideas of a new manager. The way to pitch this club to a new manager is that this is a chance to build a legacy.

Now that Wenger’s approval ratings have hit an all time low with the fans, the Board must sense that this is the time to let him go.

If after a decade of this abject shite Wenger still hasn't walked then it indicates the owners don't give a shit about the football side of the club. They care about one thing, the cash. The easy solution here is to create a new role for Wenger where he effectively remains in charge and then bring some yes man in to manage the team in a much reduced role and take all the heat off Wenger. This is what I think will happen.

Whatever happens, I'm positive it will be done with the same utter contempt for the fans.

Munchies
16-02-2017, 11:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcbykRVcn7Y

DT :bow: :bow: :bow:

Hero we don't deserve

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-02-2017, 11:14 AM
That's my biggest concern, that no succession plan has been made. Simply because for the board who have no say on football matters, keeping Wenger makes their lives a hell of a lot easier. They've sat on their arses for 10 years since Dein left and Wenger took on more responsibility, now they might actually have to do something.

Wenger for his faults (and they are numerous) have been a useful punching bag for the board, if they cared about the footballing side. They would have long ago leant on him to tell him to change his coaching staff and defer some of his responsibilities, and they would have long ago leant on him to decide on his future so they had a succession plan in place.

Kroenke is probably one of the most hated men in American Sports, and David Dein really has to take responsibility for bringing him and Usmanov anywhere near our club

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-02-2017, 11:16 AM
How noble of them. Wenger has already said he'll decide at the end of the season so the board is simply saying, "yes boss, whatever you say."

"Mutual" means Wenger will decide.

It's also saying to the fans that if Wenger signs on again it will be because he wants to and we take no responsibility for it, when in fact we are doing everything in our power to get him to stay because we don't want to run a football club ourselves, it's not our cup of tea.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Poor Alex Iwobi is getting slaughtered. So unfair. Another young Wenger victim in the long line of players Wenger has destroyed. Certainly he had a poor game - in a crucial CL crunch match in Germany against Germany's best team and one of the best teams in the world. Yes he was poor playing in a disorganised jumble of a system where everyone else was equally perplexed. We had an experienced player in Welbeck, sat on the bench, unused. Instead we put out a kid and ask him to do the job of a seasoned pro. Ridiculous. The best possible way to destroy the lad's confidence. Just chuck him in at the deep end, give him fuck all support and let him sink or swim. Against Bayern Munich. Only a terrible, terrible manager would do this.

Özim
16-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Whilst we're at it, Koscielny getting injured, good defender but very prone to making some big mistakes, Wenger pointed at losing him as the turning point, but the guy is just as bad as everyone else, he lets you down when you need him.

Big overhaul needed I think we need to stop overhyping these players and start looking at the reality. Gibbs is another, what is this guy still doing at this club, one of the worst defenders we've ever had, can't defend for toffee (he's a winger at the end of the day).

Mustafi...what is this guy about 30 odd million, is this really the best we can find? Don't get me started on the midfield. As for up front, we'll we known for years we've needed a top striker, still none in sight.

So much wrong with this club, people need to stop believing the hype, there's nothing great about this club anymore, we do things the right way apparently, if this is the right way I'd rather we did them the wrong way to be honest.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Poor Alex Iwobi is getting slaughtered. So unfair. Another young Wenger victim in the long line of players Wenger has destroyed. Certainly he had a poor game - in a crucial CL crunch match in Germany against Germany's best team and one of the best teams in the world. Yes he was poor playing in a disorganised jumble of a system where everyone else was equally perplexed. We had an experienced player in Welbeck, sat on the bench, unused. Instead we put out a kid and ask him to do the job of a seasoned pro. Ridiculous. The best possible way to destroy the lad's confidence. Just chuck him in at the deep end, give him fuck all support and let him sink or swim. Against Bayern Munich. Only a terrible, terrible manager would do this.

He should have been sent out on loan and Joel Campbell retained.

Last night he was abysmal though, as much as Wenger is responsible for the turd fest on the whole...i'm still a believer that players are responsible for their individual performances.
For me his performance was summed up was when Thiago was dispossesed and the ball broke loose but he's looking somewhere else and Vidal beats him to the ball

What irritates me last night is this throwaway remark that Bayern are a top side?

They really aren't......we saw that when we had the balls to actually play our way into the game, for any other team they would have been there for the taking.....ageing team.....that central defence was put only under a little pressure by Arsenal in the first half and it looked like it would crumble, Alaba gets caught too high up too often....if we had anything going on, on the left we would have rinsed Lahm.

Neur was terrible

Vidal, Robben, Thiago and Lewandowski are all good players but they are only as good as we made them look

Özim
16-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Bayern aren't that good a side, but then look at our side, it's not that good at all. Who do we have who is really that great in reality, maybe a handful of players.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 11:29 AM
It's also saying to the fans that if Wenger signs on again it will be because he wants to and we take no responsibility for it, when in fact we are doing everything in our power to get him to stay because we don't want to run a football club ourselves, it's not our cup of tea.

Cowardice, running right through the club from the cowards at the top through the long standing cowards on the pitch who have never been sanctioned, to the cowards in the stands who can't envisage a club without Wenger. Nobody is responsible for anything, particularly the manager who will go as far as blaming the fans. I'm trying to remember the last time Wenger admitted anything about anything was his fault, even partially. He'll respond with some bullshit line about the manager having to take responsibility, if ever challenged by the sycophantic media. But he'll never offer up without prompting the admission he might just be getting something wrong, after all this time. Who knows what Stan thinks? He's never here, never says a word.

When Arsene has a plan we back him, when he doesn't we stay silent. Well Wenger hasn't had a plan in a long time so I guess that explains Silent Stan.

Marc Overmars
16-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Bayern aren't that good a side, but then look at our side, it's not that good at all. Who do we have who is really that great in reality, maybe a handful of players.

Aren't that good? Maybe not by their own incredibly high standards but they're still easily one of the best 4 teams in Europe.

Must admit it made me chuckle when some fans before the game and when the draw was made claimed Bayern weren't as good etc. That point would be relevant if we actually had anything about us to take advantage of any weaknesses they might have.

Özim
16-02-2017, 11:38 AM
The thing about Wenger sides is they will never win against the odds, reason being they can't defend, to win games against sides who are in essense superior to you, you have to be able to keep it tight and frustrate them and then catch them with some goals on the break, we're incapable of doing that.

Therefore when we play a better side we get soundly beaten, simply because of the fact they are a better side.

Marc Overmars
16-02-2017, 11:39 AM
The thing about Wenger sides is they will never win against the odds, reason being they can't defend, to win games against sides who are in essense superior to you, you have to be able to keep it tight and frustrate them and then catch them with some goals on the break, we're incapable of doing that.

Therefore when we play a better side we get soundly beaten, simply because of the fact they are a better side.

You know who's great at that?

Diego Simeone.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Aren't that good? Maybe not by their own incredibly high standards but they're still easily one of the best 4 teams in Europe.

Must admit it made me chuckle when some fans before the game and when the draw was made claimed Bayern weren't as good etc. That point would be relevant if we actually had anything about us to take advantage of any weaknesses they might have.

As much as i hate to say it Chelsea would have taken them to the cleaners last night

Man City, Liverpool and Spurs would all have put up much more of a fight than we did

You compare them to the PSG side on tuesday, well drilled, athletic, strong......i think PSG would take them apart as well

Bayern looked good as a result of how spineless we are, we had a decent spell (decent not good) of 20 minutes throughout the entire game and in that time we could and should have scored three goals against them.

Unlike some of the absolutists on here, i don't think the side needs totally ripping up......it depends on how many of our top players are willing to stay in the summer.

We definitely need to go out and sign a new left back, a long term replacement for Santi Cazorla and someone who is more physically imposing and better on the ball than Francis Coquelin.

A top striker would be great but who do you sign?.....if nothing else Wenger has shown that playing Alexis up top pays dividends.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Cowardice, running right through the club from the cowards at the top through the long standing cowards on the pitch who have never been sanctioned, to the cowards in the stands who can't envisage a club without Wenger. Nobody is responsible for anything, particularly the manager who will go as far as blaming the fans. I'm trying to remember the last time Wenger admitted anything about anything was his fault, even partially. He'll respond with some bullshit line about the manager having to take responsibility, if ever challenged by the sycophantic media. But he'll never offer up without prompting the admission he might just be getting something wrong, after all this time. Who knows what Stan thinks? He's never here, never says a word.

When Arsene has a plan we back him, when he doesn't we stay silent. Well Wenger hasn't had a plan in a long time so I guess that explains Silent Stan.

When has a manager in a interview ever come out and said "it's totally my fault"?

Özim
16-02-2017, 11:46 AM

Diego Simeone.

Yes, would love him here, instills discipline in his team and they work very hard, he's proven as well.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 11:47 AM

Diego Simeone.

We can forget about potential replacements until the Lord and Master Wenger graces us with his decision on whether he's staying, leaving or moving upstairs to be a puppet master. Managers like Simeone won't even glance over here until the selfish bastards who are running Arsenal define the landscape in which a new guy would operate. Schteve McClaren with Wenger's hand up his arse controlling his mouth is far more likely than a Simeone who would want to do things his way.

I can see a horror appointment on the horizon.

Letters
16-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Bayern aren't that good a side.
:blink:
They're German champions for the last 2 years and in both seasons they got to the semi-final of the CL. They've only lost one game all season.
We shouldn't be getting spanked by anyone but obviously Bayern are a good side.

Özim
16-02-2017, 11:53 AM
I can see a horror appointment on the horizon.

Yes I can see that as well, rather than looking for a proper manager, we'll end up with some Wenger clone he's chosen for the club, oh the joys of having one man in charge for so long!

Özim
16-02-2017, 11:55 AM
They're German champions for the last 2 years and in both seasons they got to the semi-final of the CL. They've only lost one game all season.

Being champions of Germany isn't that great, they basically are a bigger club than all the other teams and sign their best players, the other German clubs can never really build a team to compete against them for more than a season or two. Xhaka was a star in Germany, look at him in England, he's rubbish.

I don't think they are as good as they were, that's all I'm saying.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-02-2017, 11:55 AM

It's all relative, they are obviously not bang average. They are stronger than any other club in Germany by some way. But i stand by what i said, PSG, Chelsea, Real Madrid three clubs off the top of my head who i think would turn them over with little difficulty.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 11:58 AM
As much as i hate to say it Chelsea would have taken them to the cleaners last night

Man City, Liverpool and Spurs would all have put up much more of a fight than we did

You compare them to the PSG side on tuesday, well drilled, athletic, strong......i think PSG would take them apart as well

Bayern looked good as a result of how spineless we are, we had a decent spell (decent not good) of 20 minutes throughout the entire game and in that time we could and should have scored three goals against them.

Unlike some of the absolutists on here, i don't think the side needs totally ripping up......it depends on how many of our top players are willing to stay in the summer.

We definitely need to go out and sign a new left back, a long term replacement for Santi Cazorla and someone who is more physically imposing and better on the ball than Francis Coquelin.

A top striker would be great but who do you sign?.....if nothing else Wenger has shown that playing Alexis up top pays dividends.

The time for all that has passed. Wenger blew it at every step. He started down the road of doing the job properly but then reverted to buying a bunch of second hand jumble at showroom prices so the money is wasted, the contracts are in place and the net result of putting jumble on the pitch means we've endured another humiliating collapse that will give the world's top players pause before they ever consider coming here. That's if we are prepared to part with the cash for their wages. Wenger's going to leave us where Ferguson left Utd. He's doing real, structural damage now. Every day he stays we sink deeper. It proves he doesn't love this club at all, or if he does love it it's the kind of love a kidnapper has for the victim who reminds him of his dead mother. Giving him money has made everything worse.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-02-2017, 12:03 PM
The time for all that has passed. Wenger blew it at every step. He started down the road of doing the job properly but then reverted to buying a bunch of second hand jumble at showroom prices so the money is wasted, the contracts are in place and the net result of putting jumble on the pitch means we've endured another humiliating collapse that will give the world's top players pause before they ever consider coming here. That's if we are prepared to part with the cash for their wages. Wenger's going to leave us where Ferguson left Utd. He's doing real, structural damage now. Every day he stays we sink deeper. It proves he doesn't love this club at all, or if he does love it it's the kind of love a kidnapper has for the victim who reminds him of his dead mother. Giving him money has made everything worse.

Don't agree that any lasting damage has been done, most of these players are capable of being reformed under a better manager

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 12:10 PM
Don't agree that any lasting damage has been done, most of these players are capable of being reformed under a better manager

That won't be hard, in fact the new guy will have to be a total idiot not to extract significant improvements. However, ideas of being up there competing with the elite of Europe, forget it. Wenger is not the only problem we have. The club is geared not for football dominance but financial dominance. I don't see that changing no matter who comes in. A new guy might even nab a title, Ranieri managed it so theoretically if the heavens align just so a half competent guy could maybe drag this squad to limited success. But with the people we have upstairs there will never be enough focus on the football to move the club up to the top level.

I see an embarrassing future where we unjustifiably get included in a small group of clubs who break away to guarantee themselves perpetual Euro league riches. And we'll be one of the whipping boys in that league. All very undignified and a sad end to a great club. But very, very lucrative so all the wrong incentives will be there for the vampire squid in the boardroom.

selassie
16-02-2017, 12:12 PM

I pretty much agree. Psychologically this team is damaged, the culture that has been bred into this club over the past decade is that "competing" is enough. There is no drive or will to succeed and this runs from the top right through to the players who bottle up every chance of competing for the big prizes.

Those who are competitive just walk, what are we left with? a squad full of players who have not improved and who have been rewarded for mediocrity.

The mess is pretty big IMO and will require a good few windows and a complete change of tact to erase it.

Power n Glory
16-02-2017, 12:15 PM
If after a decade of this abject shite Wenger still hasn't walked then it indicates the owners don't give a shit about the football side of the club. They care about one thing, the cash. The easy solution here is to create a new role for Wenger where he effectively remains in charge and then bring some yes man in to manage the team in a much reduced role and take all the heat off Wenger. This is what I think will happen. Also, we have a serious footballing knowledge vacuum at Board level. I suspect most of the key decision makers have no clue of how to run a modern day football club. Remember, it was Wenger that came in with his ideas on how to shape the future of this club along with Dein.

Right now, I judge whether they have the balls to pull the trigger now that Wenger's popularity is at a serious low. 10 years ago, if they pulled that trigger and got it wrong, they'd have bore the brunt of the blame because there were more Ty's and Chris's around.

Whatever happens, I'm positive it will be done with the same utter contempt for the fans.

Considering the conversations we're now having about the manager compared to what it was 10 years ago, I'd say Wenger was successful at shifting the burden over to the Board with his financial doping argument. His flaws as a manager were ignored for a long time.

Now that we have access to money and he's been spending it freely, the focus has been placed firmly on his shoulders. I don't think it's a case of not caring. I think it's more so a case of the Board thinking they needed to deliver the promised resources in order for to succeed. They bore the brunt of the blame for a long time.

Letters
16-02-2017, 12:20 PM
Being champions of Germany isn't that great, they basically are a bigger club than all the other teams and sign their best players, the other German clubs can never really build a team to compete against them for more than a season or two. Xhaka was a star in Germany, look at him in England, he's rubbish.

I don't think they are as good as they were, that's all I'm saying.

Ignored the bit about the Champions League then.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 12:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGljEsgQxxM

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 12:29 PM
When has a manager in a interview ever come out and said "it's totally my fault"?

Klopp, about 2 weeks ago. Ranieri, around the same time. And neither of these guys has a 10 year record of failure under their belt.

Marc Overmars
16-02-2017, 12:38 PM

Put some of these guys on Sky and get rid of all the apologists!

Munchies
16-02-2017, 01:03 PM

Savage and brutal!

Can't disagree with any of it

Xhaka Can’t
16-02-2017, 01:09 PM

Good luck trying to flog a ticket. The cheapest is 64 quid plus booking fee.

Marc Overmars
16-02-2017, 01:20 PM
Best hope is to cut your losses and flog it in private at half price. You'd have to be pretty desperate to see us play if you purchase a seat now.

Boycott. :pray:

Xhaka Can’t
16-02-2017, 01:25 PM
I genuinely would not take a ticket if it were given to me.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-02-2017, 01:26 PM
I genuinely would not take a ticket if it were given to me.

the only game i'd want a ticket for is the last home game (Everton) if i knew Wenger was going

In that circumstance though, tickets would be like gold dust.

Marc Overmars
16-02-2017, 01:30 PM
the only game i'd want a ticket for is the last home game (Everton) if i knew Wenger was going

In that circumstance though, tickets would be like gold dust.

I have earmarked that game myself as the only match I will attend for the remainder of this season. On the basis he has announced his departure by then.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 02:24 PM
I have earmarked that game myself as the only match I will attend for the remainder of this season. On the basis he has announced his departure by then.

One last and ultimate let-down then?

Long way to go between now and then and we all know what's next in the schedule. A string of wins punctured by a couple of critical losses, top 4 finish and transfer rumours of Messi wanting to join. That should be enough to keep the old goat in his chair. Half the fans aren't there for the football anyway and Stan won't even be aware there's a fan backlash going on. Just as much chance it'll be business as usual come the last day.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2017, 02:34 PM
Send on the cavalry, Arsenal. But when your cavalry is Theo Walcott, far more a young man running around on one of those wooden sticks with a horse’s head at the top than a mighty angry stallion ready to breathe life into your side, you know you’re pretty much doomed.

This is exactly what Theo is. Not just a one trick pony but a wooden one. Did he get a touch when he came on? Did Bif?

Power n Glory
16-02-2017, 02:56 PM

This is exactly what Theo is. Not just a one trick pony but a wooden one. Did he get a touch when he came on? Did Bif?

Broke down the wing and dribbled it down the box only to cross it to an empty box.

Letters
16-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Best hope is to cut your losses and flog it in private at half price. You'd have to be pretty desperate to see us play if you purchase a seat now.

Boycott. :pray:

I hope the stadium is empty bar the Bayern fans there for a jolly.

It won't be though.

Özim
16-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Ignored the bit about the Champions League then.

No I didn't but you clearly didn't read my reply properly. Like I said not as good as they were.

Letters
16-02-2017, 04:03 PM
No I didn't but you clearly didn't read my reply properly. Like I said not as good as they were.

OK, that might be true, but the post I was initially replying to was you saying they're not that good. They're still one of the best teams in Europe.
But as I also said, with our squad we shouldn't be getting hammered by them, or anyone really.