PDA

View Full Version : FA Cup Quarter Final Draw (19/02) 18:30 GMT, BBC News.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2017, 09:51 AM
1. Lincoln City
2. Fulham or Tottenham Hotspur
3. Blackburn Rovers or Manchester United
4. Sutton United or Arsenal
5. Middlesbrough
6. Chelsea
7. Huddersfield Town or Manchester City
8. Millwall

Matches to be played of weekend commencing Saturday 11 March 2017

Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Shows how prestigious the FA Cup is, the draw being on BBC News. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2017, 06:29 PM
The draw will be on in a minute.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Here it goes.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Chelsea v Manchester United.

:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Middlesbrough v Huddersfield or Man City.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Tottenham v Millwall.

I can't believe it... :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
Sutton or Arsenal v Lincoln City!

:haha:

Non-league QF. :haha:

Marc Overmars
Wow. :haha:

So we're in the semi finals then.

Globalgunner
19-02-2017, 06:36 PM
We could fluke this one.
C`mon Sutton!

RomfordPele
19-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Total fix! :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2017, 06:40 PM
I'm beginning to think we are actually in the non-league. :unsure:

Marc Overmars
19-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Shaping up to be a pretty strong semi final line up.

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Satan wants Wenger to stay.

dostoy
19-02-2017, 06:42 PM

Arsenal are total shit, I would not be confident of beating ANYONE at the moment.

Marc Overmars
19-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Arsenal are total shit, I would not be confident of beating ANYONE at the moment.

Relax bro, we won't sink that low and fail to beat 2 non-league teams.

I think...

GP
19-02-2017, 06:44 PM
No one thinks we're going to beat Sutton, do they?

Sutton have a way better manager for a start.

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2017, 07:07 PM
No one thinks we're going to beat Sutton, do they?

Sutton have a way better manager for a start.

Even though they have a better manager it won't be enough, our squad is way to strong by comparison. Easy win.

Globalgunner
19-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Even though they have a better manager it won't be enough, our squad is way to strong by comparison. Easy win.

I will hold you to that NQ after they beat us 2-1. Craig Eastmond with both goals

Letters
19-02-2017, 08:58 PM

Oh do stop wetting your pants :rolleyes:

Letters
19-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Total fix! :haha:

:blink: So it's a fix when we get a tough draw and and easy one?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-02-2017, 09:24 PM
There is a trend towards the hysterical on here, now apparently even the manager of Sutton United is better than Wenger, a sentiment I can't say I'm surprised to hear when someone said Pulis would do a better job than Wenger.

The question I would ask is then if anyone can do a better job than Wenger does it really matter who we bring in?

Of course the sensible answer is of course it does, and yeah we are stagnant and get too often embarrassed by teams we ar meant to be competing with and that's why he's got to go. But there is a difference between he can't hack it anymore and he's Les Reed

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2017, 10:01 PM
GP wasn't being serious. :lol:

Globalgunner
19-02-2017, 10:08 PM
The difference between Wenger and literally any other manager in world football is that other managers analyse past mistakes and try to avoid repeating them. Strive to get better. Wenger considers standing still as progress. If we play Bayern next season and get tanked 5-1 for a third time. He will easily consign it to 3 bad results mostly due to bad luck and players making individual mistakes. " This defeat is hard to take and hard to understand. However we must believe in ourselves and our quality. Our next game is very important. We must show our togetherness and character and play our game. The results will come."

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2017, 10:16 PM
There is a trend towards the hysterical on here, now apparently even the manager of Sutton United is better than Wenger, a sentiment I can't say I'm surprised to hear when someone said Pulis would do a better job than Wenger.

The question I would ask is then if anyone can do a better job than Wenger does it really matter who we bring in?

Of course the sensible answer is of course it does, and yeah we are stagnant and get too often embarrassed by teams we ar meant to be competing with and that's why he's got to go. But there is a difference between he can't hack it anymore and he's Les Reed

The sensible answer is to get Wenger out REGARDLESS of who comes in, but even better get somebody decent in to replace him. But the absolute priority that overrides all others is to get Wenger out. Why do we know this? Because he's bee given over a decade to succeed and he's failed. So there are no questions remaining - we KNOW FOR A FACT Wenger can't do the job. For a fact. Anyone who disputes that is in total denial of the evidence.

This idea that Wenger can't go until the perfect replacement is found is just another tactic by the Wenger worshippers - that cultist following that doesn't give a shit about the football or the club because they are 100% devoted to this Wenger guy. Don't buy into any of their bullshit. Time's up on that shit, and if not then how much time do we give the guy who guarantees failure every single season? Guarantees it to the point the real fans can predict each step of each failure almost to the score line and in-game events. It's pathetic to still have to listen to the Wengerites going on with their fear-mongering. "Be careful what you wish for...", as if there's even the slightest risk attached to ridding ourselves of the most predictable failure in football. There isn't. So what if a new guy comes in and we finish 5th? Or 6th, or 8th or maybe even end up down at the foot of the table for a while just as the chavs did last season? It will mean something has changed at the club and that in itself is a mercy and something to be energised and encouraged by. With change comes new possibilities and isn't that what the fans who are fed up of the ongoing Wenger fraud are really asking for? Possibilities? Because under Wenger there are none. Just the same bland mediocrity, like a slow suffocation. Is that what we have to be careful of wishing away?

Get anyone in, it really doesn't matter. We all know we aren't going to be hiring some crack addict off the street so what's the fuss? Whoever comes in will at least have a clue or else his name wouldn't be entertained. It's a red herring to be going on about transitions and job descriptions and the lack of ability at board level. Fuck all that, all we need is a bloke who can pick a sane eleven and have them go out there with a plan - something Wenger hasn't been able to do for years now. We could name a thousand managers who could do that and would be an immediate improvement on Wenger, and if you want to refute that then I again refer you to his shameful record given the resources at his disposal. Shameful. The cherry on the icing on the cake being the total humiliation that in Germany. Of course if Wenger had any self respect or regard for the club he'd have resigned straight after that game. But he doesn't and he hasn't and we all know he'll do whatever it takes to keep his personal gravy train rolling so the last thing we need is for brainwashed fans to start giving him a push along.

I guarantee you that Wenger will be outfoxed by the Sutton manager on Monday. Just wait and watch and see. But we have the individuals in our non-team who will be able to defeat Wenger and Sutton and put us into the next round of a cup to play more non-league opposition. Which puts us within striking distance of another cup final and a potential lifeline for the biggest fraud in football. The devil looks out for his own and it's a shame for fans if we do go on and win this cup (which I'm sure all fans can't help but want) and the freeloader gets another free ride into another fat contract. This is the dilemma we are left with as some fans ask the ridiculous question, but who is there out there to replace the biggest flop in world football?

Xhaka Can’t
19-02-2017, 10:40 PM
GP wasn't being serious. :lol:

Said nobody ever.

Chippy
19-02-2017, 11:08 PM

I would hate to meet the Spuds in the final, I could not watch it, my nerves could not take it :(

Marc Overmars
19-02-2017, 11:18 PM
I would hate to meet the Spuds in the final, I could not watch it, my nerves could not take it :(

We won't make it that far. One of the remaining top sides will dump us out in the semis and end Wenger once and for all.

Letters
20-02-2017, 09:34 AM

Sad thing is these days if we do meet them at any stage I'd reckon they'd be favourites :(

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Spuds are the only team in world football who are bigger bottle jobs than us. Whatever has gone on at Arsenal the spuds always find a way to go one better in terms of fucking up. If we met them in the final we'd be down 4-0 in the first 30 minutes and then they'd score 5 own goals in the last last 10 minutes. Their collapse last season was epic.

Power n Glory
20-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Spuds are the only team in world football who are bigger bottle jobs than us. Whatever has gone on at Arsenal the spuds always find a way to go one better in terms of fucking up. If we met them in the final we'd be down 4-0 in the first 30 minutes and then they'd score 5 own goals in the last last 10 minutes. Their collapse last season was epic.

Nah. Head to head against us I think they’d turn up. Our record in finals aren’t great. We were close to bottling the 2013 FA Cup final against Hull, bottled 2 league cup finals, one against a relegated team! Bottled a UEFA Cup final and CL final.

Head to head, going up against Spurs in what could be Wenger’s final game of the season, I think we’d lose.

Letters
20-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Nah. Head to head against us I think they’d turn up. Our record in finals aren’t great. We were close to bottling the 2013 FA Cup final against Hull, bottled 2 league cup finals, one against a relegated team! Bottled a UEFA Cup final and CL final.

Head to head, going up against Spurs in what could be Wenger’s final game of the season, I think we’d lose.

It's not "bottling it" every time we lose a big game!

GP
20-02-2017, 11:25 AM

I agree. No need to re-write history. The first of the two league cups, we played a 2nd string team against Chelsea's first team, and even then only narrowly lost.
The UEFA cup final was lost on pelanties, thought that was an awfully long time ago now.

We know he needs to go, I don't of anyone who'll say otherwise. There's no need to make stuff up to support that opinion.

Power n Glory
20-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Stop with the semantics. The pair of you. You get the point. However you want to phrase it, we've lost a lot of finals where we were favorites to win or blown the lead. UEFA Cup final we were favorites to win and didn't perform as expected. You guys need to stop getting your nickers in a twist over a phrase like 'bottle' when used in context to what NQ is saying. Get over it.

Letters
20-02-2017, 11:55 AM
Stop with the semantics.You're saying we shouldn't worry about the meaning of what you're saying? :lol:
OK, you cockwomble.
Don't worry about the semantics of that, obviously I mean I think you're lovely.

selassie
20-02-2017, 12:00 PM
We won't make it that far. One of the remaining top sides will dump us out in the semis and end Wenger once and for all.

I don't think we'll make it past the semis either. I wouldn't be confident of beating any of Chelsea/United, Spuds or Man City in a semi-final.

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Guys, guys... I refer you back to the last 10 seasons. We KNOW what happens next. We've done the rapid exit from the major competitions - TICK.

Now it's time to "go on a run".

Plus we are the ultimate flat-track bullies so Sutton and Lincoln are in for a right hiding. And we'll start getting a few points in the PL too.

Look down. It's on rails.

Power n Glory
20-02-2017, 12:14 PM
You're saying we shouldn't worry about the meaning of what you're saying? :lol:
OK, you cockwomble.
Don't worry about the semantics of that, obviously I mean I think you're lovely.

cockwomble?:sarcy: You may have some repenting to do if you think it's 'lovely'.

Power n Glory
20-02-2017, 12:21 PM
Guys, guys... I refer you back to the last 10 seasons. We KNOW what happens next. We've done the rapid exit from the major competitions - TICK.

Now it's time to "go on a run".

Plus we are the ultimate flat-track bullies so Sutton and Lincoln are in for a right hiding. And we'll start getting a few points in the PL too.

Look down. It's on rails.

Maybe, maybe not. But put it this way. Out of 11 cup finals we've been two under Wenger, we've lost 5 of them.

Bumble
20-02-2017, 01:03 PM

I agree - its not a case of bottling it... teams are allowed to be better than us.

Anyway the draw is designed so that Arsene can win the FA Cup, finish top 4 and qualify for the last 16 in the CL. A position only probably Chelsea wouldn't swap for. This means how can he leave, so naturally sign a new 2 year contract and we can talk like this again next year.

I mean if Wenger is replaced for next season... and we start well.... the forum would be so quiet as more people like to be negative than positive on the forums so wouldn't have much to say.... well apart from the fact Wenger should have been sack 5 years ago!!

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 01:49 PM
I agree - its not a case of bottling it... teams are allowed to be better than us.

Anyway the draw is designed so that Arsene can win the FA Cup, finish top 4 and qualify for the last 16 in the CL. A position only probably Chelsea wouldn't swap for. This means how can he leave, so naturally sign a new 2 year contract and we can talk like this again next year.

I mean if Wenger is replaced for next season... and we start well.... the forum would be so quiet as more people like to be negative than positive on the forums so wouldn't have much to say.... well apart from the fact Wenger should have been sack 5 years ago!!

A little positivity is what we need then?

Out of the PL. Out of the CL. Again. 13 years running now is it?

But on the plus side...

Özim
20-02-2017, 03:10 PM
We should have won the UEFA cup final against inferior opposition, we bottled that big time, but that sums up Wenger in Europe and bottle job, never has been able to hack it, his record proves it, it's absolutely dreadful.

This cup run is a stroll in the park this year, almost a bye to the semis for us.