PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction - Sutton 0-2 Arsenal

Master Splinter
20-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Lucas is a quality player, he really is unlucky to be overlooked every time.

Walcott I terrible, he genuinely doesn't know how to play football and keeps running into players.

Marc Overmars
20-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Bit shit really. Training game.

Guess we have another chance in the next round to rack up the goals without the concern of the pitch.

Xhaka Can’t
20-02-2017, 09:54 PM
Bring on Lincoln!

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 09:55 PM
I suppose the one thing that stood out was Lucas is a quality player, he really is unlucky to be overlooked every time.

Walcott I terrible, he genuinely doesn't know how to play football and keeps running into players.

Not much else to conclude from this, except Wenger out.

LDG
20-02-2017, 09:55 PM
I thought we had a good mental stwengf.

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Bring on Lincoln!

No fear!

GP
20-02-2017, 09:56 PM
That Collins cunt was a cunt.

I guess it's all in the name.

The Dismantler
20-02-2017, 09:59 PM
DT and troopz with their stupid banner!! :fury:

GP
20-02-2017, 10:00 PM
DT has more tattoos than brain cells.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-02-2017, 10:01 PM
After the games recently, thought this might at least be a heartening stroll, but we even managed to make heavy weather of this.

How can the board watch this (assuming they even do is daft) and think this is good?. This kind of utter disinterest from the players even must surely make them nervous about their precious top four spot.

Xhaka Can’t
20-02-2017, 10:02 PM
Gaz Odis was there.

He's probably sacking Wenger right now.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-02-2017, 10:03 PM

No I'm sorry, but this has to be seen everywhere. The fans have to make it known that this man is no longer welcome at the club. It shouldn't be that way, but when there is no pressure on him from anyone else. Any hope he has of getting the fans on side should be snuffed out, this nonsense has to stop.

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 10:04 PM

Good for them. Wenger out!

Gooner23
20-02-2017, 10:05 PM
If only someone could sum up the contrasting abilities of Perez and Walcott in two short paragraphs.

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 10:05 PM
After the games recently, thought this might at least be a heartening stroll, but we even managed to make heavy weather of this.

How can the board watch this (assuming they even do is daft) and think this is good?. This kind of utter disinterest from the players even must surely make them nervous about their precious top four spot.

tbf, there was more disinterest from the fans. Did anyone actually care if we won or lost this? If we won, big deal, it just means ammunition for Wenger. If we lost, who cares, Wenger won't go anyway.

Özim
20-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Seeing Wenger celebrating the first goal like we'd just scored against the winner against Barcelona in the CL was comical!

In a couple games he'll be back to his unbearable smug self no doubt.

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 10:06 PM
If only someone could sum up the contrasting abilities of Perez and Walcott in two short paragraphs.

Intriguing challenge.

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 10:07 PM
Seeing Wenger celebrating the first goal like we'd just scored against the winner against Barcelona in the CL was comical!

Yeah, he's staying.

I'm off to carve an ice statue and chat up Andie MacDowell.

Letters
20-02-2017, 10:08 PM
Gaz Odis was there.

He's probably sucking Wenger right now.

Fixed your typo

Xhaka Can’t
20-02-2017, 10:09 PM

Shouldn't you be manning your Twitter account?

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 10:09 PM
Fixed your typo

I hope you realise he's not the real Niall Quinn.

Özim
20-02-2017, 10:10 PM

If he wasn't at Arsenal and Wenger wasn't manager I'd be astonished that Walnut has managed to earn a living and in fact do so well from playing football. At any other club he'd have been sold off years ago, sadly for us 10+ years later he's still here earning megabucks for being one trick pony.

Özim
20-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Shouldn't you be manning your Twitter account?

No.

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Gaz Odis was there.

He's probably sacking Wenger right now.

aka Darth Eunuch

Özim
20-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Yeah, he's staying.

I'm off to carve an ice statue and chat up Andie MacDowell.

Yeah and probably for 4 years, but hey he loves the club so....

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 10:14 PM
Okay. So serious question.

Does anyone think a win against Sutton has changed anything? And if so... cunt.

Xhaka Can’t
20-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Serious answer - there is nothing this team can do in the FA Cup this year that will change anything.

Master Splinter
20-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Okay. So serious question.

Does anyone think a win against Sutton has changed anything? And if so... cunt.

You're still posting, so sadly no.

Letters
20-02-2017, 10:17 PM

Yes. Yes that's exactly what happened

Xhaka Can’t
20-02-2017, 10:17 PM

Everybody says so.

Letters
20-02-2017, 10:18 PM
I hope you realise he's not the real Niall Quinn.

Will the real Niall Quinn please stand up...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-02-2017, 10:19 PM

tbf, there was more disinterest from the fans. Did anyone actually care if we won or lost this? If we won, big deal, it just means ammunition for Wenger. If we lost, who cares, Wenger won't go anyway.

Like I say if he was going to stay regardless the deal would already be signed, yes he's playing for time but I think the fan negativity is getting to him it just has to be maintained

Marc Overmars
20-02-2017, 10:22 PM

They care enough to make their opinion heard tbh.

Özim
20-02-2017, 10:26 PM

He got out of his seat, and was probably as animated as we see him so yes, he forgot it was just some pub team with amateurs of course.

We made really hard work of the pub team btw, most thought this would be a bit of a goalfest, not so.

Letters
20-02-2017, 10:26 PM
Alternative facts :bow:

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Serious answer - there is nothing this team can do in the FA Cup this year that will change anything.

What if we finish 4th in the league? Still want to be stubborn about it?

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 10:40 PM
Everybody says so.

And everyone's mum confirmed it.

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2017, 10:41 PM
Alternative facts :bow:

CNN :bow:

Gooner23
21-02-2017, 07:45 AM
We really should be taking a non league team to the cleaners. Can't blame the pitch, we just look really flat at the moment.

For what its worth my player ratings;

Ospina 4 - terrible
Gabriel 5 - not a full back, not sure why he keeps being played there
Mustafi 6 - ok but looked uncomfortable
Holding 7 - pick of the defenders
Monreal 5 - looked asleep for most of it
Elneny 5 - struggled before going off at HT
Xhaka 6 - solid but nothing special
The Jeff 4 - really poor, needs to get the basics right
Iwobi 6 - bad in the 1st half but improved as game went on
Walnut 5 - scored but everything else he did was utter crap
Perez 7 - our best player on the night
Ox 6 - brought some energy but kept hoofing it off the pitch

AFC Leveller
21-02-2017, 08:37 AM
I honestly dont think Iwobi should be starting for us. He is like Denilson on the wing, gets the ball, cuts inside and passes it to Montreal or one of the CMs. Even last night against an old and chubby RB, he didnt try take him on or even shoot, he gave the ball away and didnt do anything with it when he had it.

Peres and Welbz should be ahead of him. The issue i think started was when we offered him 2 contracts in the space of a few months (he signed two new deals in the same season if i remember correctly). Where is the incentive for him? does he get told to work on his crossing/shooting/dribbling? is he under pressure for his spot? NO. As a big club, our left wingers/wide men have always contributed with either goals, assists or at the very least moments of real magic that turn games. Iwobi is a neat and tidy midfielder but he should not be starting for us, simples.

Power n Glory
21-02-2017, 08:59 AM
I honestly dont think Iwobi should be starting for us. He is like Denilson on the wing, gets the ball, cuts inside and passes it to Montreal or one of the CMs. Even last night against an old and chubby RB, he didnt try take him on or even shoot, he gave the ball away and didnt do anything with it when he had it.

Peres and Welbz should be ahead of him. The issue i think started was when we offered him 2 contracts in the space of a few months (he signed two new deals in the same season if i remember correctly). Where is the incentive for him? does he get told to work on his crossing/shooting/dribbling? is he under pressure for his spot? NO. As a big club, our left wingers/wide men have always contributed with either goals, assists or at the very least moments of real magic that turn games. Iwobi is a neat and tidy midfielder but he should not be starting for us, simples.

It’s our boneheaded manager. After all these years, he still keeps trying to squeeze a central attacking player into that wide position. He did it with Rosicky and Nasri. He’s done it with Jack, Ox and Ramsey. He’s at it again with Iwobi. We had the exact same problem where we had players on that side that weren’t taking on their man and just passing the ball side to side.

Good point about the contract as well. It’s another mistake the manager keeps on making. There was no need to bump up Iwobi’s contract after he just signed a new one. No idea why the Board aren’t questioning this sort of thing. It’s wasting money.

Marc Overmars
21-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Agree about Iwobi. I don't see much end product right now, he's naturally very gifted but quite rough around the edges. Though at 20 years old you don't really expect the finished article of course.

Welbeck and Lucas should be starting most games now.

Gooner23
21-02-2017, 09:16 AM
He is a promising young player, but needs to be protected to a certain extent. But I do share concerns over his end product which really needs to improve. Maybe a little bench time may help him re-focus.

Welbeck, Lucas & Alexis should be the first choice front three for the remainder of the season. I suspect Wenger will just stick with Theo and Iwobi on the wings though.

Özim
21-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Ah the old new contract when you've achieved nothing chestnut, honestly why would you keep offering kids new contracts without them earning them time and time and time again after being burnt by this so many times before, down to the manager again, sorry but the guy is amateurish in almost everything he does these days, it's borderline embarassing.

selassie
21-02-2017, 09:37 AM
It was a little bit "meh-ish". We did what we had to do though made quite hard work of it TBH.

As others have said, I thought Lucas was our stand-out performer again.

Niall_Quinn
21-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Agree about Iwobi. I don't see much end product right now, he's naturally very gifted but quite rough around the edges. Though at 20 years old you don't really expect the finished article of course.

Welbeck and Lucas should be starting most games now.

He won't do that because both players are too direct. If you have watched Perez, he has a tendency to bring the ball forward, sometimes at pace. He often misses the square or backwards pass, mainly because he spends a lot of time facing the opposition goal rather than his own. He also has that habit of pushing the ball on and going past an opponent when a simpler back pass has the higher chance of retaining possession. A lot of multi-pass triangles break down around Perez, sometimes before the first triangle has been completed he'll have lost the plot and be off up the pitch again.

Welbeck has the same or similar problems, compounded by the fact he often drifts into the opposition penalty box when crosses are coming in rather than staying around the edges and looking for opportunities to start passing triangles. He also wastes a lot of energy by running and I've noticed when he starts doing that then other players lose their discipline and start to run too.

Add Alexis into this and I can't see how we'd make our possession system work. Half the time we'd be stuck up the opposition end.

Power n Glory
21-02-2017, 09:57 AM
He is a promising young player, but needs to be protected to a certain extent. But I do share concerns over his end product which really needs to improve. Maybe a little bench time may help him re-focus.

Welbeck, Lucas & Alexis should be the first choice front three for the remainder of the season. I suspect Wenger will just stick with Theo and Iwobi on the wings though.

Wenger has to go in order to protect him. He should be developing his game from a central position as number 10. To play wide, he'll have to develop a new skill set and learn how to take on players, beat them consistently and learn how to whip in a dangerous cross. Under Wenger, that’s not going to happen.

Walcott has been here for 10 years and Wenger hasn’t taught him how to dribble and although his crossing has improved, he hardly crosses during a game. Ox has been here over 5 years and despite being a better dribble than Walcott, he’s an inconsistent dribbler and when he does manage to get past his man, his end product his poor. We saw a glimpse of that yesterday when beating his man down the wing only to play a poor cross.

I don’t blame the young players for their flaws that much because they’re learning under Wenger and being advised by him. The majority of them are clueless to what their strengths are, their best position or what they should be working on to improve their flaws. Iwobi may get lucky if this is Wenger’s last season.

AFC Leveller
21-02-2017, 10:25 AM
He won't do that because both players are too direct. If you have watched Perez, he has a tendency to bring the ball forward, sometimes at pace. He often misses the square or backwards pass, mainly because he spends a lot of time facing the opposition goal rather than his own. He also has that habit of pushing the ball on and going past an opponent when a simpler back pass has the higher chance of retaining possession. A lot of multi-pass triangles break down around Perez, sometimes before the first triangle has been completed he'll have lost the plot and be off up the pitch again.

Welbeck has the same or similar problems, compounded by the fact he often drifts into the opposition penalty box when crosses are coming in rather than staying around the edges and looking for opportunities to start passing triangles. He also wastes a lot of energy by running and I've noticed when he starts doing that then other players lose their discipline and start to run too.

Add Alexis into this and I can't see how we'd make our possession system work. Half the time we'd be stuck up the opposition end.

That's exactly it mate.

The reason he plays "technical passers" all over the field is so he can have 60 percent possession and use to show we dominated. Even last night against non league part timers we kept passing it sideways and backwards instead of playing it through to Perez (who was complaining to Montreal that he wasn't getting enough service). I bet you he wont play against Liverpool though.

Letters
21-02-2017, 12:02 PM
He only ate ONE of the pies :lol:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/suttons-23-stone-goalkeeper-wayne-12633801

Niall_Quinn
21-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Stupid arse bookies shouldn't be offering stupid bets on pie eating. They deserve to get conned if they want to piss around like that.

Bumble
21-02-2017, 01:37 PM
the game was pretty dull. we won and play Lincoln next.

Marc Overmars
21-02-2017, 04:18 PM
The fat keeper has been sacked :haha:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4245100/Sutton-s-Wayne-Shaw-investigated-pie-eating-stunt.html

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-02-2017, 04:23 PM
The fat keeper has been sacked :haha:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4245100/Sutton-s-Wayne-Shaw-investigated-pie-eating-stunt.html

Who bet on the pies?

Who bet on the pies?

You fat bastard

You fat bastard

you bet on the pies!

GP
21-02-2017, 04:26 PM
He's also fat

GP
21-02-2017, 04:34 PM
Arsenal have donated £50k to Sutton United for their Sports Academy.

I like that.

Letters
21-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Arsenal have donated £50k to Sutton United for their Sports Academy.

I like that.

Can you please work how Wenger is a **** into every post please :sulk:
#WWZD

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-02-2017, 05:59 PM
#WWZD

I'd love to stop hearing about him full stop.

GP
21-02-2017, 06:05 PM
#WWZD

Well arsenal were going to donate 100k but wenger talked them down to 50

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Well arsenal were going to donate 100k but wenger talked them down to 50

Good for him we are a football club not an NGO

Niall_Quinn
21-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Good for him we are a football club not an NGO

Shame we aren't an NGO. If we were we'd be working covertly to overthrow the current regime.

rodders
22-02-2017, 03:24 PM
A very unconvincing performance, thank god we at least won.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2017, 04:06 PM
A very unconvincing performance, thank god we at least won.

That iPlayer lag is a bitch.

Niall_Quinn
30-04-2017, 08:23 PM
The good old days...

selassie
30-04-2017, 09:15 PM
The good old days...

:lol:

Sad thing is we weren't even convincing in this game.