Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Seeing as nobody else can be bothered.

Letters
18-03-2017, 03:01 PM
#Wexit

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 03:02 PM
We never got off the tarmac. We didn't get into the air. Too many passengers.

Master Splinter
18-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Aeronautical-themed joke.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Wenger says we're in a unique bad patch at the moment. :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
Wenger on now saying he has made his decision and we will all know soon.

Master Splinter
Flight Of The Procrastinator.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 03:06 PM
Says we are experiencing little bit bad turbulence.

Master Splinter
18-03-2017, 03:09 PM
Flight Of The Con Board.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 03:10 PM
Our run-in :haha:

We are in big trouble.

Somebody send a mayday.

Maestro
18-03-2017, 03:12 PM
turns out doing the gardening was more fun than this tripe

....so tell me about these planes i keep hearing about, what happened?

Marc Overmars
18-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Doesn't even seem like we have enough bluster left for our usual late season surge. Pathetic beyond belief.

Announce you're leaving and draw a line under this sorry mess old man.

Globalgunner
18-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Everybody else flying Gulfstream while we are using the Flinstones Pterodactyl air.

Personally i couldnt care less if we lose every single game till the end of the season. at this rate we probably will.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 03:15 PM
turns out doing the gardening was more fun than this tripe

....so tell me about these planes i keep hearing about, what happened?

Air Wenger was fighting it out in the skies with Fan Air over the stadium. Meanwhile, in the ground war, we got chewed up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/football/2017/03/18/banner-one-close-up-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWe Z_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 03:17 PM
Throttle is stuck in idle, nothing can lift us.

Globalgunner
18-03-2017, 03:22 PM
Apollo 13 without the nous to cook up a technical Salvation..."Houston dont worry. Erm,I got this"

Those Asses who booked the 2nd flight must be really happy how today turned out.

Maestro
18-03-2017, 03:28 PM
Air Wenger was fighting it out in the skies with Fan Air over the stadium. Meanwhile, in the ground war, we got chewed up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/football/2017/03/18/banner-one-close-up-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWe Z_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

......only at arsenal, comedy central on and off the pitch

AFC Leveller
18-03-2017, 03:29 PM
I believe as well that you don't judge a club on a bad result, you have to take little bit distance and not think with too much emotion. We played well and showed good technical efficiency and mental strength but we were unlucky with the first goal and lacked little bit sharpness in our passing and usual movement.

The most important thing is the next game and preparing well and let other people judge.

dostoy
18-03-2017, 03:32 PM
I agree with the pathetic beyond belief comment.

Arsenal are so bad now, it is far worse than it has been at any time in the last 10 years.

No chance of top four but we still might win the biggest trophy this club has won since 2004, I very much hope that we do.

I cannot wait until the end of this season.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 03:38 PM
A real flap. Rudderless and he needs plenty of stick for that.

Xhaka Can’t
18-03-2017, 04:25 PM
So uninterested that I didn't realise we were the early kickoff.

Another loss another nail in his coffin. All we need now is to get our asses handed to us by City and it's all done for another season.

selassie
18-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Didn't see it, caught the result earlier. Couldn't care less to be honest, under the current regime I refuse to invest my time & emotions in the club until things change.

Bumble
18-03-2017, 05:41 PM
luckily didn't watch the 2nd half as had to take my daughter to her swimming lesson.

Globalgunner
18-03-2017, 06:12 PM
luckily didn't watch the 2nd half as had to take my daughter to her swimming lesson.

Sorry man. You took her to the wrong school. Today was all about flying.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Our defending

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/03/18/16/3E67B61500000578-0-image-a-13_1489852806192.jpg

The Dismantler
18-03-2017, 08:29 PM
The players are no longer playing for Wenger anymore. I said this beginning of this year and I was heavily slated by some other fans!

You can clearly see wenger has lost the dressing room and players are revolting against him but the French frog is too stubborn to see that he is no longer in charge!

Just like Chelsea players did against Mourinho last season.

Finishing outside any European football and below spurs will be the best thing to happen to Arsenal in decades! !

Wenger goes and the same dead players will start to put in extra shift game in game out! Look at what happened to Leicester

Ralpheroo72
18-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Copy paste from usual fuck up at usual time of the year

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Copy paste from usual fuck up at usual time of the year

Bit unfair. I think we have made a lot of progress towards mid table mediocrity this season.

Xhaka Can’t
18-03-2017, 11:23 PM
Finishing outside any European football and below spurs will be the best thing to happen to Arsenal in decades! !

And there's me thinking the doubles and the Invincibles season were the best.

Thanks for helping us all see the light.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Our defending

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/03/18/16/3E67B61500000578-0-image-a-13_1489852806192.jpg

At the time I thought Henry was being a bit of a dick saying he'd never seen anything like this before. But the more I look at it the more I think he might be right. Is this the worst defending in the history of football? It has to be close. It's certainly not a man marking system. It's not a zonal system either unless it's a system with one zone which would be ludicrous. So what sort of a defensive system is this?

Look at Kos and Mustafi. What on earth? They are standing next to each other watching the play. These are our "leaders" in a defensive situation like this. Rancid.

What could Bellerin possibly be doing standing there? He's defending empty space or, if he's supposed to be defending the post look how far he's out of position.

Look at the Brom player standing near the spot, unmarked, waiting for rebounds.

Where is our interference guy protecting the keeper from the attentions of the opponent who is obviously deliberately there to obstruct him?

And we have zero defenders in the air as that ball comes in. Every last one of them is planted on the ground. One of them, Bellerin, appears to be in motion. The others are static.

How have we managed to get to this point? It has to be the most extreme case of neglect by the manager and the coaches. And what really goes on on the training ground? Because even if the manager and coaches are shite, don't these world cup players not have enough sense to organise themselves better than this? It's almost as if they have been hypnotised into forgetting everything then have learned (elsewhere of course) about defending.

Whoever is responsible for defensive coaching needs to go. Immediately. This is outrageous. You can't win football matches at this level when to defend like that. School kids don't defend like that. Who is going to take responsibility for this and who, after all this time, is going to actually fucking do something to fix this?

It can't go on, can it? Wenger must be completely incompetent if he can't see this needs to be fixed immediately, before we next step foot on a pitch. If we play like this against the gypos, it doesn't bear thinking.

Letters
19-03-2017, 09:03 AM
I don't think they can possibly be coached to play like that.
It can only be that they've just given up.
Chelsea showed last year how much difference it makes if the players are behind a manager.
Leicester have shown the same this year.
As much as Wenger needs to go, the players can all collectively f*** off too, giving up like that isn't acceptable

Marc Overmars
19-03-2017, 09:10 AM
This team have checked out, mentally they appear shot. At least with the weaker teams we've had in the past there was some kind of fight even if it was only for the top 4 trophy, with this lot I don't know where our next win is coming from.

This whole situation is a mess.

Power n Glory
19-03-2017, 10:59 AM
I find it hard to believe this lot aren't playing for Wenger but that picture is hard to explain. Henry wasn't exaggerating. How is it possible in a zonal marking system for everyone to leave the back post and not jump? It's a shambles. I think they've lost faith in the system and picking up on what Wenger and Ox said about their training sessions, I don't think the team prepared for the set pieces. Ox said they were told about them being dangerous on set pieces and how their danger men were but I don't think any extra work went into stopping them. Wenger mentioned we practiced on set pieces are 'normal'. So that's not extra work being done. Need to check more interviews and rewatch what he said but he's definitely lost the team. Didn't Theo come out and say the team need to stop fighting each other? And what was DT saying about Theo's bust up with that Boro coach guy?

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2017, 11:11 AM
Of course our captain was on the bench, not having player all year.

AFC Leveller
19-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Wenger says we don't have an attitude problem and that West broms goals were down to us being naive.

Power n Glory
19-03-2017, 11:54 AM
Wenger says we don't have an attitude problem and that West broms goals were down to us being naive.

:lol: What the fuck does that mean? Isn't that an attitude problem? This is why I don't believe the players have rebelled against Wenger. He keeps defending them time and time again.

Globalgunner
19-03-2017, 11:55 AM
So we have a naivete problem instead.....Uh ok.

Globalgunner
19-03-2017, 11:57 AM
:lol: What the fuck does that mean? Isn't that an attitude problem? This is why I don't believe the players have rebelled against Wenger. He keeps defending them time and time again.

He never accepts any point of view posited to him. If you ask him if today is Wednesday. He will say no. Its the day after Tuesday and 2 days from the weekend.

rodders
19-03-2017, 05:21 PM
We are so bad that if the season had a longer time to run Arsenal are in relegation form.

Chippy
20-03-2017, 02:10 PM
Wenger says we're in a unique bad patch at the moment. :unsure:

I watched the game visiting my family in South Africa. They are Chelsea and Manchester United fans. They took the piss no end! Our performance was fucking embarrassing. Tossers!

GP
20-03-2017, 02:24 PM
I watched the game visiting my family in South Africa. They are Chelsea and Manchester United fans. They took the piss no end! Our performance was fucking embarrassing. Tossers!

Jokes on them, they have to live in South Africa.

Chippy
20-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Jokes on them, they have to live in South Africa.

Quite:)

Letters
20-03-2017, 02:49 PM
I hear South Africa is very nice, if you don't mind the odd car-jacking.

Chippy
20-03-2017, 03:06 PM
I hear South Africa is very nice, if you don't mind the odd car-jacking.

Very nice in the right areas, bit scary after dark. It's a bit lawless to be honest, the Police don't give a fuck :doh:

GP
20-03-2017, 03:18 PM
To be fair, I get all my knowledge of South Africa from Die Antwoord.

Xhaka Can’t
20-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Travelling all the way to South Africa to watch the game really is going the extra mile.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-03-2017, 08:27 PM

Why are you still associating with them tbf?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Why are you still associating with them tbf?

Precisely.....don't spend time with Saffas, especially not with that nails on chalkboard accent

GP
20-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Fokkin prawns

Chippy
21-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Fokkin prawns

District 9? :lol:

fakeyank
22-03-2017, 01:06 AM
You know things have hit a new low when even a loss to West brom does not result in a match reaction thread more than 5 pages! :lol:

I hope we lose all our remaining games. Only way that thick c*** is going to be fired. :pray:

Gooner23
22-03-2017, 06:15 AM
He won't be fired regardless of results, the board want him to stay as it makes their lives a lot easier. Saves them having to lift a finger.

The only hope is that the atmosphere becomes so poisonous he does a u turn and thinks fuck it, can't face another 2 years if this. He's a stubborn old git though so I won't be holding my breath.

Power n Glory
22-03-2017, 07:47 AM
I'm starting to think we have more hope of Stan and Ivan pulling the plug on Wenger's career here. I'm hoping their silence and lack of statements is sign of hesitation to fully back the manager. I doubt it but that's the last hope. Says something when you're hoping for complete vultures to take a clinical and objective look at this situation and see it's bad for business. From a business perspective, they must see no CL football along with fans threatening boycotts or just losing interest in 'brand Arsenal' will spell the death of their bonus money. But maybe not. Sounds like they're just rolling with things.

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2017, 08:42 AM
I'm starting to think we have more hope of Stan and Ivan pulling the plug on Wenger's career here. I'm hoping their silence and lack of statements is sign of hesitation to fully back the manager. I doubt it but that's the last hope. Says something when you're hoping for complete vultures to take a clinical and objective look at this situation and see it's bad for business. From a business perspective, they must see no CL football along with fans threatening boycotts or just losing interest in 'brand Arsenal' will spell the death of their bonus money. But maybe not. Sounds like they're just rolling with things.

I called them and asked. They told me they hadn't realised there was anything going on - but now they'll, "get right on that".

selassie
22-03-2017, 11:20 AM

As much as I loathe both of them I can kind of understand why Stan is silent, he's been quite clear in that he has no interest in getting involved.

Ivan should be way more proactive though, where on earth is he? He literally has gone into hiding!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Imagine you were a chief executive and your company was about to unload a massive turd sandwich on its customers, cowardly as it is you'd go into hiding.

Yeah I know we are fans and not customers, I think the club would treat us better if we were just customers and likely to take our business elsewhere.

Power n Glory
22-03-2017, 12:16 PM
As much as I loathe both of them I can kind of understand why Stan is silent, he's been quite clear in that he has no interest in getting involved.

Ivan should be way more proactive though, where on earth is he? He literally has gone into hiding!

I have my own suspicions with Ivan. I don’t know where he stands with Wenger at the moment and I’ve had my doubt about Ivan being Wenger’s biggest supporter. I’ve always suspected some tension between the pair. Ivan is aware of the criticism, in the past, he’s spoken to the bloggers, Arsenal Fan TV and spoken at the AGM meetings to try and make things more clear. His silence throughout this period makes me even more suspicious.

Silent Stan – I can only hope he’s learned from the LA Rams/Fisher situation and decides not to renew Wenger’s contract to save himself the embarrassment of having to sack him :lol: fresh into the season. From what I heard of the Rams situation, attendance dropping at a new stadium and the outpour of criticism and mockery from the media forced Stan’s hand. Why he decided to offer Fisher a new contract in the midst of this, I have no idea, but it at least shows his hand can be forced. Maybe he’ll pay attention now that we may go without CL football and the fans are pissed. A big maybe!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-03-2017, 12:48 PM
Ivan Gazidis seems to me essentially powerless to do his job.

That if he tried to take any action regards to Wenger, Wenger would just bypass him

We know that he brought in Shad Forsythe and Wim Joncker without Wengers blessing. And it's likely Wenger has not bothered to utilise them and has stuck within his own comfort zone.

I wonder if Wenger does sign on, Gazidis will play the long game or he will just leave. The latter wouldn't surprise me

The papers often report Wenger is the only one at the club with footballing knowledge, I genuinely don't think that's true though....Gazidis was part of the management structure for the MLS

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2017, 01:11 PM
Whatever their motivations, it's outrageous how the club has been dumped into a state of limbo at the business end of the season. Wenger is shockingly culpable for this with his bullshit secrets and winks as if this is some trivial joke. Who the fuck does the guy think he is? Arsene Wenger?

Oh, wait...

The world revolves around him. The world waits on him. He fucking loves it, doesn't he? As the shitball stinks the place out and the team slides down the league and out of contention. This last few weeks alone is a sacking offence. Forget about the decade of under delivery and broken promises. His hijacking of this situation and the resulting damage is negligence on a scale that warrants action from his bosses.

And what about those bosses? I don't think it's at all reasonable for Silent Stan to be silent in the face of this. He's got a responsibility to the shareholders at least. Where's Usmanov? Why isn't he, at least, complaining about the uncertainty and the effect it is having on his investment?

The only thing that makes sense here is they have all had an agreed outcome stitched up for some time now. There's no real question of Wenger leaving and there never was. That can be the only explanation for the almost total lack of activity from the board and the shareholders. And this idea Wenger has told Pulis and not Kroenke what his intentions are, pure bullshit.

What we have here is the board and it's usual bungling. The 2 year deal has been on the table for months, they want him to sign it, he's agreed to sign it and between them they've been cooking up a plan to make the announcement at the least offensive opportunity. Trouble is, Wenger's such a shit manager these days he hasn't been able to give them that opportunity. So the board has said, your problem Arsene, deal with it, and Wenger is left doing his nod and wink routine, trying to string it out as far as possible to prevent nasty scenes that could distract sponsors and other money interests.

I guess they have calculated the fake uncertainty makes better headlines than the stadium erupting in protest. And they seem to have cajoled the media into their way of thinking too, with the nicely coordinated 'respect' campaign in support of poor old, victimised Wenger. "He's still a great manager! He's still a great manager!", just don't look at the results, just take our word for it.

Ultimately all involved have made themselves look like clowns, such is their desire to protect the money interests as compared to their longstanding lack of ambition on the pitch.

Globalgunner
22-03-2017, 01:25 PM
At the end of the day, the football will speak louder than anyone of them can bear. We are a shit team badly managed and without motivation. Even with the best of wills Ramsey, Walcott, Giroud and Xhaka are a motley crue of incapables. Without Sanchez we are truly abysmal. If Sanchez is out I can see us losing 2/3rds of all our remaining games. Not even almighty Wenger could survive us ending behind West Brom in the league

Letters
22-03-2017, 02:10 PM
We're not that bad, we're just demotivated. It's like Chelsea last year, they weren't suddenly a bad side as they're showing this year but when you collectively can't be arsed it makes a big difference.

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2017, 02:49 PM
We're not that bad, we're just demotivated. It's like Chelsea last year, they weren't suddenly a bad side as they're showing this year but when you collectively can't be arsed it makes a big difference.

This is the worst football I have seen us play. Ever.

Back in the days of Terry Neill we has a good few pubbers thumping around the place but they all knew the basics of the game at least, and what their jobs were. They were a football team, not always a good one, but they'd go out on the pitch and do shit like defending and crossing and shooting and getting a striker in the box.

The team today, it can't even get the basics down. If things don't improve dramatically in the next couple of weeks (and Wenger is blessed yet again with another break) we're in for a real fight with Everton. Not WBA, they are too far back, but when I think of this lot going up against teams who can at least deliver the basics it makes me wonder where the points could come from. Our run in is nasty, a tough close under any circumstances. But in the shape we're in, we'll struggle against everyone on that list and a few of those games might get very embarrassing, particularly the game against you know who. I am not looking forward to that one little bit.

Letters
22-03-2017, 03:07 PM
They're not playing as a team and they seem to have collectively given up but they're basically a good bunch of players. If you don't think they're that good then changing manager isn't going to help.

Özim
22-03-2017, 03:23 PM
They're not playing as a team and they seem to have collectively given up but they're basically a good bunch of players. If you don't think they're that good then changing manager isn't going to help.

Well the new manager may throw some of them out on their ear as they deserve and he may actually try and sign top class players so it could certainly make a difference. I don't think our team is that great to be honest, it's going to take a fair amount of rebuilding and any new manager will need plenty of time to change the club so it's no longer all about Wenger, this is the problem of course, he's been here so long and has had so much power that any new manager that comes in will have a lot to change, there's a lot wrong with the club at the moment.

If Wenger had done the decent thing and left a number of years ago we'd be in good shape, instead he's stayed on season after season and now we're left in a complete mess, strange thing to do for a man who claims he's deeply cares about Arsenal.

Globalgunner
22-03-2017, 03:35 PM
We are that bad IMO. We cant defend and who is going to score the goals. Have we actually won any match where Sanchez didnt play?

I hope Im wrong, but I can confidently predict where we are now is likely where we will stay....at best. In the past we have had the luck of 1 or 2 of our competitors having a shocking season to make 4th place. Its all coming to a head now that all the other clubs have their ducks in a row and we persist with the old clown

Letters
22-03-2017, 03:54 PM
The last time we did finish 4th we were still 7 points clear of 5th. We haven't scraped into 4th place since 2013.
Only Liverpool and Chelsea have scored more than us this year, our defence is all over the shop but look at that still from Saturday when they're all just standing there while West Brom score. That isn't bad coaching that's just giving up and not bothering.
Ability wise we're not that bad.

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2017, 03:59 PM

I said a while back we need 6 or 7 quality signings to repair the team. Now it's 8 or 9 if Alexis and Ozil are going. 10 if Bellerin goes. The whole 11 if Kos twigs he's getting nothing here. Everyone else thought 1 or 2, but it has been a long time and a catalogue of neglect since we only needed a couple of players to complete a competitive team.

Cashley Ahole is laughing at us in the papers today, I see. He's where the rot started. Selling him to a rival and never properly replacing him. It has been a long process of rotting ever since, with a few decorated bandages and plenty of inferior tape slapped on in haphazard fashion throughout. The players who stayed have all degraded. Players like Walcott have wasted entire careers here. Wilshere. Ramsey. Rotted through with the Wenger Way. Complacency, arrogance, caviar technicians without the toast. Yellow underbellies. Consistently missing when there's a fight. Big shots on twatter, no shots on the pitch. That's what kids will do when they don't have a firm and guiding hand. Especially kids with millions of quid in the bank, living the London scene, talked about in the papers, chased by leggy gold-diggers. Wenger is often referred to as a father figure. Maybe so, but a poor father for sure. He never taught his kids how to cope with the real world, which is why so many of them have stuck around in the cosseted fantasy environment of Wenger's Arsenal I suppose.

It's possible these players can be resuscitated. It would take a great man manager to do it. The exact kind our board is never likely to bring in. So consider those players gone.

Ozil we brought in to compensate, not as a prelude to a long term transformation. Unfortunately he's taken to the Arsenal lifestyle so comprehensively he can't be bothered to turn up any more. We brought in Alexis because Barca didn't want him. No way would Wenger have chased him had he been on the open market and subject to the usual competition from the usual suspects. Because we never win in the transfer market, we pick up what's left. Despite the fact we had 90 mill to spend in the summer. Can't compete? More like won't compete. Sounds like Alexis can't be doing with slackers and has let his feelings be known. And the slackers haven't taken to kindly to it and have run off to dad to tell on him.

Yeah, I'd say it's a mess alright. There are obvious quick fixes we could apply, like bringing in a manager who knows how to manage. But that would only take us so far. Eventually those players would be on their own on the pitch and would be called upon to fight. And that's where it would all fall down again.

There's a huge job to do at this club.

Letters
22-03-2017, 04:16 PM
I said a while back we need 6 or 7 quality signings to repair the team. Now it's 8 or 9 if Alexis and Ozil are going. 10 if Bellerin goes. The whole 11 if Kos twigs he's getting nothing here. Everyone else thought 1 or 2, but it has been a long time and a catalogue of neglect since we only needed a couple of players to complete a competitive team.

You. Two months ago:

We should have bought Vidal two seasons ago and then spent 90mill on a striker in the summer. We'd be sorted now and challenging on all fronts.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3866&page=3

Özim
22-03-2017, 04:17 PM

Cashley Ahole is laughing at us in the papers today, I see. He's where the rot started. Selling him to a rival and never properly replacing him. It has been a long process of rotting ever since, with a few decorated bandages and plenty of inferior tape slapped on in haphazard fashion throughout. The players who stayed have all degraded. Players like Walcott have wasted entire careers here. Wilshere. Ramsey. Rotted through with the Wenger Way. Complacency, arrogance, caviar technicians without the toast. Yellow underbellies. Consistently missing when there's a fight. Big shots on twatter, no shots on the pitch. That's what kids will do when they don't have a firm and guiding hand. Especially kids with millions of quid in the bank, living the London scene, talked about in the papers, chased by leggy gold-diggers. Wenger is often referred to as a father figure. Maybe so, but a poor father for sure. He never taught his kids how to cope with the real world, which is why so many of them have stuck around in the cosseted fantasy environment of Wenger's Arsenal I suppose.

It's possible these players can be resuscitated. It would take a great man manager to do it. The exact kind our board is never likely to bring in. So consider those players gone.

Ozil we brought in to compensate, not as a prelude to a long term transformation. Unfortunately he's taken to the Arsenal lifestyle so comprehensively he can't be bothered to turn up any more. We brought in Alexis because Barca didn't want him. No way would Wenger have chased him had he been on the open market and subject to the usual competition from the usual suspects. Because we never win in the transfer market, we pick up what's left. Despite the fact we had 90 mill to spend in the summer. Can't compete? More like won't compete. Sounds like Alexis can't be doing with slackers and has let his feelings be known. And the slackers haven't taken to kindly to it and have run off to dad to tell on him.

Yeah, I'd say it's a mess alright. There are obvious quick fixes we could apply, like bringing in a manager who knows how to manage. But that would only take us so far. Eventually those players would be on their own on the pitch and would be called upon to fight. And that's where it would all fall down again.

Absolutely fantastic post, totally agree, this club is in a mess, the whole culture of the club with it's losers mentality and players brought up with a sense of entitlement never needing to prove themselves, make no mistake this is all down to Wenger it's these terrible methods that have led to players wasting away.

There's a real lack of hunger and desire at this club, by the time the kids get into the team Wenger has already made them millionaires and they have very little motivation to prove themselves, lifes' far too easy at Arsenal for everyone, from the players, to the manager to the medical team, somehow a player with a small cut on his leg which at any other club would be out for one match ends up being out for 6 months and needing an operation!

Özim
22-03-2017, 04:21 PM
You. Two months ago:

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3866&page=3

Those two players would make a hell of a difference no doubt about it, a matchwinner and someone with drive and desire who can protect the defence, they may have been able to lift the rest of the team, there's no shame in being duped by management that this team is good enough, it's mainly driven by hope and not wanting to admit that your team are actually a bunch of average joes (bar 1 or 2).

Everyone wants to see Arsenal compete and wants to believe it could happen, when the reality finally sets in that this won't happen, the disappointment is soul destroying however.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Almost every player in our squad is an international, are some of them not good enough for the club absolutely

In fact most are just not playing for this manager. Even a turd like Ramsey seems half decent playing for Wales. Xhaka is one of Switzerlands best players, and if you watched him for Moechengladbach his passing and tackling were exceptional (think he's arguably too slow for the Premier league though)

It's part laziness and part lacking in confidence, no one is getting on their backs for losing and no one is giving them advice or encouragement when their heads are down.

I think unquestionably we need reinforcement, but I think of some of the absolute steaming manure we have had wearing the shirt over the last ten years, these guys don't come close.

I think they need to find their balls or ship out. I think a few are irredeemably bad (like Coquelin, he's not terrible he just doesn't have the technical ability to compete at this level) but most I think would benefit greatly from a new manager and a new approach.

Özim
22-03-2017, 04:37 PM
This poor soul was duped into thinking we were great too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrslYxYyS_A

Marc Overmars
22-03-2017, 04:43 PM
It's shit coaching. I'm convinced these players should not be as bad as they've been.

Defeats don't seem to register judging by how little defiance we seem to produce. Upsetting the odds is impossible for us because the players are never told to do anything differently.

Letters
22-03-2017, 04:45 PM
It's more than that. That still of the West Brom goal - it's on the 3rd page of the reaction thread. That isn't bad coaching, you've got 4 or 5 players just standing there, their feet planted. There's a bloke on the edge of the box unmarked just waiting for any rebounds. They can't possibly be coaching them to defend like that, it's just a collective giving up.

Marc Overmars
22-03-2017, 05:03 PM
The players have let themselves down but they're completely punch drunk. A bit like us fans really having to witness and endure exactly the same thing every season. It's driven us nuts so I'd think it has also rubbed off on the players too.

We've seen plenty of diabolical defending in the past with different players.

There is only one constant.

Globalgunner
22-03-2017, 06:04 PM
The mentality is the main thing, and that too is generated by conditioning during training. Apart from the crap, antiquated training, our players have been taught that they will win enough games each season to achieve the club aims because they have "qualitee". So they are set out each game to go out and play their game. They are not bred to consider each match a form of war an instalment in a crusade to conquer the opposition. They accept heavy defeats as amiably as wins. Its all OK. Squads come and go and its all the same shit. All that matters is meeting set targets. Winning stuff is what may come if we play to our potential. If not, next season we try again. If other teams win titles, its because they are cheating.

This group may have switched off, but who amongst them is a winner?. Walcott, Ramsey, Merts. There is hardly a competitive bone amongst them. They have probably just accepted. Some like Walcott and Ramsey have never worked under a top coach. All they know is Wenger. It may be Ozil and sanchez that have convinced a few that this shit really does not work.

Letters
22-03-2017, 06:07 PM
How do you get to play at Premier League level without being competitive?

Globalgunner
22-03-2017, 06:16 PM
How do you get to play at Premier League level without being competitive?

Easy. Our boys can point out to most of the opposition that they are paid twice what they are

Letters
22-03-2017, 06:20 PM
Doesn't answer the question at all.

Globalgunner
22-03-2017, 06:29 PM
I think it does. If Walcott was at Everton earning 40k per week. He might try and work at his game to get to Arsenal or City where they earn 3 times that

Letters
22-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Ok, I think that's fair.
They clearly must be competitive people, you don't get to this level if you're not.
But I do agree that these kids earning £100k a week before they've achieved anything, it can't help to keep them motivated.

AFC Leveller
22-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Honestly don't think losing Ozil and Alexis would be as big a deal as people are making out. We have lost some really good players over the last time 10-15 years and still stayed at the same level more or less (2nd,3rd or 4th). Ozil has been very good about a fifth of his time here and will not be missed as a result. Alexis is a world class forward and will be hard to replace but I don't think we'll suddenly become mid table when he's gone. I remember when we lost Henry and everyone lost their shit when we didn't replace him but the following season we went really close and competed for most of the season.

Getting a proper manager/coach would be a huge step forward and the rest will take care of itself.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-03-2017, 10:21 PM
We'd be losing, Sanchez, Ozil and to some extent Santi all at the same time.... which would cripple us. If we replace them all....that is another thing.....

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2017, 10:28 PM
We'd be losing, Sanchez, Ozil and to some extent Santi all at the same time.... which would cripple us. If we replace them all....that is another thing.....

Sanogo's supervisor is retiring from the post office this year, so will be available.

Power n Glory
23-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Honestly don't think losing Ozil and Alexis would be as big a deal as people are making out. We have lost some really good players over the last time 10-15 years and still stayed at the same level more or less (2nd,3rd or 4th). Ozil has been very good about a fifth of his time here and will not be missed as a result. Alexis is a world class forward and will be hard to replace but I don't think we'll suddenly become mid table when he's gone. I remember when we lost Henry and everyone lost their shit when we didn't replace him but the following season we went really close and competed for most of the season.

Getting a proper manager/coach would be a huge step forward and the rest will take care of itself.

That’s the key to everything. But if Wenger stays and we lose Ozil and Sanchez, I can’t see us getting back into Europe so easily. We’re in 6th place now and level on points with Ozil and Sanchez in the team. We can replace both players but I highly doubt Wenger will sign star players again considering how things have tunred out. I suspect that’s why he blew over £90m on nobodies this season.

selassie
23-03-2017, 11:23 AM

made me :lol:

on a serious note this is a top post. :gp:

selassie
23-03-2017, 11:34 AM
That’s the key to everything. But if Wenger stays and we lose Ozil and Sanchez, I can’t see us getting back into Europe so easily. We’re in 6th place now and level on points with Ozil and Sanchez in the team. We can replace both players but I highly doubt Wenger will sign star players again considering how things have tunred out. I suspect that’s why he blew over £90m on nobodies this season.

Agreed, the sad thing is it has gotten to stage where even if Wenger did replace them properly we are not even guaranteed to stabilise or improve.

I absolutely do not trust him anymore.