PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News!

Pages : [1] 2

The Verminator
18-03-2017, 03:44 PM
http://sport.bt.com/football/arsene-wenger-poised-to-make-statement-on-arsenal-future-S11364165894589

:pray:

21_GOONER_SALUTE
18-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Sorry, but I think you and most of the real "Arsenal" fans are going to be disappointed.

I mean there are 2 possible outcomes I foresee.

One, he'll announce he's signing the 2 year contract and it will be his last, as this will assist the club he loves soooo much with dealing with the "frightening" prospect of not having him around.

Two, he won't sign the contract ....... but instead demand for a one year extension, as this will assist the club he loves soooo much with dealing with the "frightening" blah blah blah

So summary, I believe we will be disappointed. Hopefully we gooners learn to get off the moral high ground and always insist an actual football loving person owns or runs this club- I'm sure Usmanov looks prettier now.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-03-2017, 06:28 PM
For Usmanov to be prettier, Kroenke would have to have a giant dungeon under his ranch where he rapes and tortures children

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 06:29 PM
For Usmanov to be prettier, Kroenke would have to have a giant dungeon under his ranch where he rapes and tortures children

And yet, there's not a shred of proof that's not precisely what's under his ranch.

dostoy
18-03-2017, 06:31 PM

This is football we are talking about, lets not get it out of proportion.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-03-2017, 06:34 PM
And yet, there's not a shred of proof that's not precisely what's under his ranch.

Generally as inconvenient as that is for some people the burden of proof would be showing that he does have it not him having to show he doesn't.

And if he does he might be equivalent or just about worse than Usmanov.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-03-2017, 06:36 PM
This is football we are talking about, lets not get it out of proportion.

Would you be ok with The Emir of Kuwait or a member of the Al Saud family owning the club.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Generally as inconvenient as that is for some people the burden of proof would be showing that he does have it not him having to show he doesn't.

And if he does he might be equivalent or just about worse than Usmanov.

Sounds to me like you would prefer it if Dungeongate was just quietly brushed under the carpet.

dostoy
18-03-2017, 06:48 PM
Would you be ok with The Emir of Kuwait or a member of the Al Saud family owning the club.

Could it be much worse than it is now ?

Look at Man City, they spend a lot of money in the transfer windows and their main focus is winning trophies, you cannot say that about Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 06:48 PM

Pointless question because there's that rule that says it has to be a human owner.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-03-2017, 06:53 PM
Could it be much worse than it is now ?

Look at Man City, they spend a lot of money in the transfer windows and their main focus is winning trophies, you cannot say that about Arsenal.

Well if you are ok with having Arab dictators that persecute and abuse their own citizens as rulers good for you

I'm not. Don't get me wrong I don't want Kroenke here. But I want Usmanovs grubby raping hands in charge of things even less.

Power n Glory
18-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Well if you are ok with having Arab dictators that persecute and abuse their own citizens as rulers good for you

I'm not. Don't get me wrong I don't want Kroenke here. But I want Usmanovs grubby raping hands in charge of things even less.

Looks like we could be holding on to our the Morally Superior Cup title this season. Makes it all worth while.

Jabba the Hut is already part of the club makeup as a shareholder. What difference does it make if he's owner? Should it even stop there if that's where we're going? Doesn't one of our board members have something to do with the diamond trade? Not exactly a clean business. Do we start looking into the ethics of our sponsors too?

Xhaka Can’t
18-03-2017, 11:31 PM
I do think that ethics are important. I accept we aren't going to be owned or sponsored by Mother Theresa or Gandhi types, but there are limits.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2017, 11:44 PM
I do think that ethics are important. I accept we aren't going to be owned or sponsored by Mother Theresa or Gandhi types, but there are limits.

I'd rather have Usmanov than a guy who has a rape basement under his ranch. Any day.

Xhaka Can’t
19-03-2017, 02:03 AM
Think for a moment about how distressing it would be to be raped by Usmanov.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-03-2017, 07:19 AM
Looks like we could be holding on to our the Morally Superior Cup title this season. Makes it all worth while.

Jabba the Hut is already part of the club makeup as a shareholder. What difference does it make if he's owner? Should it even stop there if that's where we're going? Doesn't one of our board members have something to do with the diamond trade? Not exactly a clean business. Do we start looking into the ethics of our sponsors too?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2007/09/alisher_usmanov/amp/

I am not happy with him being a share holder and I don't feel the same wistful fondness that other people do for David Dein because it was him who brought him here

I'm not expecting a morally unimpeachable owner, but a man who was a criminal and his criminality now has been legitimised. A Putin apparatchik, a rapist, someone possibly involved in murder.

Usmanov is scum, and as much as I hate how things are....anything that would involve giving any more influence to a man like that would be a Faustian pact.

Power n Glory
19-03-2017, 08:56 AM
So if he becomes an owner, would you stop supporting the club? He's already part of the setup as a shareholder and you still support, so what difference will it make to you? What are you doing with the information besides sharing it with other posters that are maybe unaware or simply don't care?

If it's that offensive to your core, where does it stop? Our stadium is called the Emirates for goodness sakes. We could already be accepting dodgy money in some sort of form since it's supposed to be a state owned airline. Would have to do some deeper research. But where does it stop? Why just Arsenal? What about clubs with dodgy owners like City and Chelsea? Do we switch off? No we don't. Will you? I doubt it. We're all complicit and keep the bullshit spinning.

KSE Comedy Club
19-03-2017, 09:39 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2007/09/alisher_usmanov/amp/

I am not happy with him being a share holder and I don't feel the same wistful fondness that other people do for David Dein because it was him who brought him here

I'm not expecting a morally unimpeachable owner, but a man who was a criminal and his criminality now has been legitimised. A Putin apparatchik, a rapist, someone possibly involved in murder.

Usmanov is scum, and as much as I hate how things are....anything that would involve giving any more influence to a man like that would be a Faustian pact.

I think you're being a little harsh....

He was only an accused rapist ;)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-03-2017, 09:55 AM
So if he becomes an owner, would you stop supporting the club? He's already part of the setup as a shareholder and you still support, so what difference will it make to you? What are you doing with the information besides sharing it with other posters that are maybe unaware or simply don't care?

If it's that offensive to your core, where does it stop? Our stadium is called the Emirates for goodness sakes. We could already be accepting dodgy money in some sort of form since it's supposed to be a state owned airline. Would have to do some deeper research. But where does it stop? Why just Arsenal? What about clubs with dodgy owners like City and Chelsea? Do we switch off? No we don't. Will you? I doubt it. We're all complicit and keep the bullshit spinning.

City and Chelsea aren't my responsibility

And yes in the very unlikely event Usmanov did become owner i don't think i could support the club as long as that was the case, other people can do what they like....Emirates airlines is run by the Dubai government and it is a repressive and dictatorial government and i'd rather not have it's patronage.

But for me there has to be a line drawn somewhere about how much scum you are prepared to overlook, and Usmanov using his ill gotten gains to finance our team would be the line for me.

Power n Glory
19-03-2017, 10:45 AM
City and Chelsea aren't my responsibility

And yes in the very unlikely event Usmanov did become owner i don't think i could support the club as long as that was the case, other people can do what they like....Emirates airlines is run by the Dubai government and it is a repressive and dictatorial government and i'd rather not have it's patronage.

But for me there has to be a line drawn somewhere about how much scum you are prepared to overlook, and Usmanov using his ill gotten gains to finance our team would be the line for me.

But you still watch Arsenal knowing Usmanov is a shareholder. You still watch us knowing our Emirates ties. You're not responsible for Arsenal, City or Chelsea, but you contribute by spectator of football. You've already shown you're willing to overlook the fuckery in football simply by being spectator, so nobody really has a leg to stand on. From the corruption with Fifa, UEFA.....it's a long list. Not really for the whole moral high horse thing especially. Just sounds like points being used to beat down other posters and prop yourself up.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-03-2017, 10:56 AM
But you still watch Arsenal knowing Usmanov is a shareholder. You still watch us knowing our Emirates ties. You're not responsible for Arsenal, City or Chelsea, but you contribute by spectator of football. You've already shown you're willing to overlook the fuckery in football simply by being spectator, so nobody really has a leg to stand on. From the corruption with Fifa, UEFA.....it's a long list. Not really for the whole moral high horse thing especially. Just sounds like points being used to beat down other posters and prop yourself up.

He's a shareholder yes, but whilst Kroenke is there he pretty much has no decision making role at the club.

I'm so glad you can tell me what i think, no for as long as i've heard the name Usmanov It's been a continual link with crime, corruption and being an apparatchik for Vladimir Putin. If you find links between Fifa and UEFA and murder and torture in Uzbekistan than fine i take your point, my point is there's a line for me personally.

People can want Usmanov as owner if they want, me putting across my view that he is in fact worse than Kroenke is not beating them down. I am not treating them as ignorant, i can't assume i know any more about this man than anyone else but they are happy to make that compromise.

For me it's a compromise too far....and it's a long standing view (one that i held since Dein sold his shares to red and white holdings).

Globalgunner
19-03-2017, 10:59 AM

This from a poster who chastises other for mounting Wenger out campaigns and believes that not saying anything will somehow get him out. Oh the irony.

Even looking at Kroenke, he is no paragon of decency. Brazenly moves his teams from city to city looking for the best deal despite long standing ties to their present location. Is married into the Walmart empire who are the epitome of exploitation both at home and in the countries where his suppliers use children to make their cheap goods. On top of it all he surreptitiously pays himself 3m each year for murky "consultancy fees".

Kroenke is the owner from hell, the owner that cares no more for this club than a farmer for his chickens. Their worth is purely in how may eggs they lay each day.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-03-2017, 11:05 AM
This from a poster who chastises other for mounting Wenger out campaigns and believes that not saying anything will somehow get him out. Oh the irony.

Even looking at Kroenke, he is no paragon of decency. Brazenly moves his teams from city to city looking for the best deal despite long standing ties to their present location. Is married into the Walmart empire who are the epitome of exploitation both at home and in the countries where his suppliers use children to make their cheap goods. On top of it all he surreptitiously pays himself 3m each year for murky "consultancy fees".

Kroenke is the owner from hell, the owner that cares no more for this club than a farmer for his chickens. Their worth is purely in how may eggs they lay each day.

Apart from the fact that i have never had a go at people launching Wenger out campaigns, what i don't like is pundits telling Arsenal fans what they should be doing.

I have questioned the efficacy of such campaigns, and to this day i'm still to be convinced about how effective they will be especially as the reports are saying this morning that Wenger's decision is to sign on for one year instead of two. This is not the same as saying they shouldn't be doing it.

Just not sure fans (especially ones here who most of us don't have season tickets) having a go at fans for not being as militant as others is especially helpful when we know the fan base is divided already..

And in what way am i in anyway defending Kroenke, i think he's a wretched and greedy owner.....i want shot of him....i just think Usmanov would be even worse

Globalgunner
19-03-2017, 11:22 AM
I doubt Usmanov owning Arsenal will change us all into Rapists and murderers. All I am saying is that smart people know where to concentrate their energies to fight the battles that they CAN win. Usmanov will no more affect the day to day affairs of fans than Kroenke does today. The only difference is that he might pressure the manager to do more than the bare minimum each season. He can only become owner if Kroenke sells his shares to him. Usmanov would gladly buy Kroenkes shares off him at a high premium but Kroenke also loathes him so little chance of that. The other chap who dearly wants to buy the club is a Nigerian Billionaire who is little different from your typical Russian oligarch in that most of his money derives from government patronage and cushy deals to the detriment of its people. My point to you really is that the real nasty people murder thousands without even knowing who they are or that they have even done it. Just by depriving them of a decent living. But we call them industrialists or entrepreneurs or some shit. E.g your Philip Green et al.

Personally i dont know why anyone would want more than £1billion in their bank account. By the time you have that much money, you have more than you and your grandkids will ever need, unless you are in the market for billion dollar yachts or islands in which case you need medical intervention.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-03-2017, 11:30 AM
No it's called taking a moral stand though, do i think the manager needs to be put under pressure to perform every season whoever that manager is yes of course i don't think it requires that disgusting Slug of a man to do it.

Usmanov was the one influential in all of Gazprom's dealings with Russian satellite states which including squeezing people financially and in fact threatening to cut off the gas supply if government's didn't pay their extortion rates.

He is one of the key beneficiaries and bulldogs for Putin's mafia state.

Plus it's totally academic anyway, Kroenke does not give up the club's he acquires they are permanent ornaments for his portfolio......he is the sporting equivalent of a slum landlord.

Like i say, if you think we will be better off with that cancer in control that's your view...just don't expect me to share it.

Globalgunner
19-03-2017, 11:43 AM
You misunderstand me. I am not advocating Usmanov. Im just saying that he is an extant reality and the other options are not pleasant either. . In an ideal world, Kroenke would relinquish ownership of Arsenal to his son Josh and stop taking Wengers calls. Maybe he, being of a different generation might get what football means here. Heres hoping anyway.

Power n Glory
19-03-2017, 11:46 AM
He's a shareholder yes, but whilst Kroenke is there he pretty much has no decision making role at the club.

I'm so glad you can tell me what i think, no for as long as i've heard the name Usmanov It's been a continual link with crime, corruption and being an apparatchik for Vladimir Putin. If you find links between Fifa and UEFA and murder and torture in Uzbekistan than fine i take your point, my point is there's a line for me personally.

People can want Usmanov as owner if they want, me putting across my view that he is in fact worse than Kroenke is not beating them down. I am not treating them as ignorant, i can't assume i know any more about this man than anyone else but they are happy to make that compromise.

For me it's a compromise too far....and it's a long standing view (one that i held since Dein sold his shares to red and white holdings).

I'm not telling you what to think, just letting you know how it comes across and I think it's hypocritical. Fact is we all contribute to this as spectators. We love the sport but it comes with some serious baggage that we all often ignore. Wasn't there a report about over hundreds or thousands dying in order to build the Qatar stadiums on time for the 2022 World Cup? Weren't the people of Brazil robbed of public funds just to host the World Cup? But will anyone boycott watching the World Cup? I'm sure FIFA and UEFA have more dodgy dealings than reported. Filth all around in football. If you're drawing a line, great, but it's nothing to really get on your high horse about.

Power n Glory
19-03-2017, 11:50 AM

Look deeply into what's going in football and what it supports, it's pretty filthy. I don't like it but have to separate the business from the game.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-03-2017, 11:56 AM
I'm not telling you what to think, just letting you know how it comes across and I think it's hypocritical. Fact is we all contribute to this as spectators. We love the sport but it comes with some serious baggage that we all often ignore. Wasn't there a report about over hundreds or thousands dying in order to build the Qatar stadiums on time for the 2022 World Cup? Weren't the people of Brazil robbed of public funds just to host the World Cup? But will anyone boycott watching the World Cup? I'm sure FIFA and UEFA have more dodgy dealings than reported. Filth all around in football. If you're drawing a line, great, but it's nothing to really get on your high horse about.

Again i've also been clear that Russia and Qatar should both be stripped of the world cup hosting rights

Unless i actively stop paying a licence fee it doesn't matter whether i watch those tournaments or not.

What i'm saying is that there is a line in having an owner like Usmanov and whataboutery won't change that for me, the club will have neither my patronage or support if that man becomes owner.....but as i've said the matter is incredibly academic anyway because he won't.

Globalgunner
19-03-2017, 12:07 PM
If Usmanov is the worst person youve ever heard of. You need to broaden your worldview.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-03-2017, 12:13 PM
If Usmanov is the worst person youve ever heard of. You need to broaden your worldview.

Again not saying he is, but i wouldn't want the people even worse than him involved with Arsenal either

It's a bit like saying who can i trust to babysit my kids more, Ian Watkins or Sidney Cooke....well Sidney will be ok he can't run as fast as he used to

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2017, 12:24 PM
I doubt Usmanov owning Arsenal will change us all into Rapists and murderers. All I am saying is that smart people know where to concentrate their energies to fight the battles that they CAN win. Usmanov will no more affect the day to day affairs of fans than Kroenke does today. The only difference is that he might pressure the manager to do more than the bare minimum each season. He can only become owner if Kroenke sells his shares to him. Usmanov would gladly buy Kroenkes shares off him at a high premium but Kroenke also loathes him so little chance of that. The other chap who dearly wants to buy the club is a Nigerian Billionaire who is little different from your typical Russian oligarch in that most of his money derives from government patronage and cushy deals to the detriment of its people. My point to you really is that the real nasty people murder thousands without even knowing who they are or that they have even done it. Just by depriving them of a decent living. But we call them industrialists or entrepreneurs or some shit. E.g your Philip Green et al.

Personally i dont know why anyone would want more than £1billion in their bank account. By the time you have that much money, you have more than you and your grandkids will ever need, unless you are in the market for billion dollar yachts or islands in which case you need medical intervention.

Truth. I was going to point out the same thing myself but can't get into a big debate today because I have to undersell my labour in a globalised, rigged market and then have a whole bunch of "respectable" people skim from the proceeds in the hope I have something left to feed my family. Like the vast majority, I have to work.

There's no fundamental difference between Kroenke and Usmanov, all that differs is the distance they place between themselves and the actions others carry out on their behalf. Usmanov likes to make the phone calls himself. Kroenke lets the government and its military get on with things without his direct instruction. The end result is the same, vast and unearned wealth transferred from the many to the few. Is Usmanov the more honest thug in this respect? Probably. Are either of them familiar with morality? Hardly.

The game is in a shit state because these vile individuals like these are involved at all. HCZ would be the first to tell you this is the way it will always be because people are fundamentally bad. The logical conclusion therefore is nobody should be allowed to own football clubs because everybody will be corrupted as a result. But if we must have owners and we accept the dark nature of mankind then there's little point discriminating between individual examples of that darkness.

That said, I want Kroenke out, not Usmanov in. Which is not very realistic because Kroenke is going nowhere and, even if he did, we'd have another scumbag slide right in. Maybe he'd part with some of his money, inflating and ruining the game further. Allowing us to "compete" by short-cutting our way back into the top flight. Others have done it, why not us? Because each time this happens more of the game is lost. When eventually every clubs is obliged to have one of these bastards pumping cash in then we'll have 20 odd clubs left and corruption on a scale never seen before in football (since Graham Poll reffed a Utd game at least).

Oh wait, the European Super League.

Football's dying.

That question, why would you need more than a billion in the bank? The answer, to protect yourself from the other billionaires you fucked over getting to the "top". Money starts out as debt (that's for you and I), then it becomes wealth when you find a way to control that debt, finally it becomes power. When you have power then it takes a lot of influence to hold onto it. That's why these guys can never have enough. It's not about buying yachts, it's about owning people.

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Again i've also been clear that Russia and Qatar should both be stripped of the world cup hosting rights

Unless i actively stop paying a licence fee it doesn't matter whether i watch those tournaments or not.

What i'm saying is that there is a line in having an owner like Usmanov and whataboutery won't change that for me, the club will have neither my patronage or support if that man becomes owner.....but as i've said the matter is incredibly academic anyway because he won't.

Usmanov already is an owner.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Usmanov already is an owner.

By that logic you could suggest some of the fan groups that still own a nominal amount of shares are owners

Kroenke is the majority shareholder and the de facto owner.

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2017, 12:38 PM
By that logic you could suggest some of the fan groups that still own a nominal amount of shares are owners

Kroenke is the majority shareholder and the de facto owner.

Well by that fact, I do suggest all of the fan groups that still own a nominal amount of shares are owners. They are. Not owners with influence, but owners nonetheless. So make no mistake, Arsenal is already a possession of Usmanov. It is Usmanov's club you are associated with, as well as Kroenke's and the rest of them who can afford that juicy and ever rising share price. You already keep bad company just by associating yourself with the club. We all do.

But what are we going to do? It's not just football, it's everything. And, contrary to your belief that all people are bad, it is a few bad apples that have soured a species. The few who own everything including all the rest of us. I saw it expressed well the other day by a clumsy DARPA scientist who was naive enough to say too much. This is an economic species, not a social one.

Globalgunner
19-03-2017, 12:57 PM
The beauty in all of this, the shining little LED in the pitch darkness of our misery is Leicester. Forget Ranieri losing his way this season. Leicester have rekindled all hope is football fans. Shown that money is not the be and end all of the pantheon of football. it is about a group of 11-18 players who are focused, well coached, physical and determined. In an ideal world people like Wenger would take an oath of silence until they next win a title. Every big team was put to shame by them. Wengers position was untenable right from the end of last season.

Globalgunner
19-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Well by that fact, I do suggest all of the fan groups that still own a nominal amount of shares are owners. They are. Not owners with influence, but owners nonetheless. So make no mistake, Arsenal is already a possession of Usmanov. It is Usmanov's club you are associated with, as well as Kroenke's and the rest of them who can afford that juicy and ever rising share price. You already keep bad company just by associating yourself with the club. We all do.

But what are we going to do? It's not just football, it's everything. And, contrary to your belief that all people are bad, it is a few bad apples that have soured a species. The few who own everything including all the rest of us. I saw it expressed well the other day by a clumsy DARPA scientist who was naive enough to say too much. This is an economic species, not a social one.

What you say about the human condition is likely true. Take a 9 month old child. Even they will refuse to share toys with another kid who has none. I can imagine a baby Letters holding on to his 5 rattles wailing No!, No!, No!, as he is encouraged to relinquish just 1. People need to learn decency. It doesnt always come natural.

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2017, 01:42 PM
The beauty in all of this, the shining little LED in the pitch darkness of our misery is Leicester. Forget Ranieri losing his way this season. Leicester have rekindled all hope is football fans. Shown that money is not the be and end all of the pantheon of football. it is about a group of 11-18 players who are focused, well coached, physical and determined. In an ideal world people like Wenger would take an oath of silence until they next win a title. Every big team was put to shame by them. Wengers position was untenable right from the end of last season.

Agree on Wenger obviously. All his excuses are gone now.

But the other thing you can say about Leicester's players is they have quickly transformed themselves from the bearers of football's fairy tale into the same old cynical shite that we're used to. Poor tactics, poor organisation, lack of motivation can all be laid at the manager's doorstep. But the players refusing to play for the manager or anything less than 100% effort is unacceptable. We're rapidly getting to the point where the players run the team, not the manager. We've seen this a few times now, recently. I think we may have seen it again with our lot yesterday.

Marc Overmars
19-03-2017, 03:07 PM
The bare faced cheek of it to say he's made his decision and we will know soon, when it's clearly torn the fans and team apart. He's doing what's best for himself and not the club, unfortunately that's why he's lost so much respect from the fans.

GP
19-03-2017, 03:12 PM
The guy needs to go now.

Not at the end of the season. Now.

Xhaka Can’t
19-03-2017, 03:19 PM
There are people, myself included, who are calling for his head and no longer care how he goes, that were previously amongst his most passionate supporters here.

He was to go.

Sadly I suspect that when he does go, we're going to be facing some unpleasant truths about this Club that many don't want to face up to.

Letters
19-03-2017, 03:25 PM
What you say about the human condition is likely true. Take a 9 month old child. Even they will refuse to share toys with another kid who has none. I can imagine a baby Letters holding on to his 5 rattles wailing No!, No!, No!, as he is encouraged to relinquish just 1. People need to learn decency. It doesnt always come natural.

:blink:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-03-2017, 03:28 PM
There are people, myself included, who are calling for his head and no longer care how he goes, that were previously amongst his most passionate supporters here.

He was to go.

Sadly I suspect that when he does go, we're going to be facing some unpleasant truths about this Club that many don't want to face up to.

Such as?....to be fair on people here i don't think there are any unpleasant truths that we seem to be avoiding facing up to

Xhaka Can’t
19-03-2017, 03:42 PM
There are some here that think Wenger going will be a cure to our ills.

Wenger going will simply be a start in what is shaping up to be a potentially long period of attrition with the owner.

Kroenke is dirt in the world of sport.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-03-2017, 04:23 PM
There are some here that think Wenger going will be a cure to our ills.

Wenger going will simply be a start in what is shaping up to be a potentially long period of attrition with the owner.

Kroenke is dirt in the world of sport.

It's hard to know what will happen in truth, the likelihood is that Kroenke will give Gazidis licence to run the show after Wenger goes....how that will work out...who knows.

Globalgunner
19-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Rumours on other websites that the pro Wenger plane and banner were paid for by a company owned by the Keswick family. Conniving bastards.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-03-2017, 05:25 PM
Rumours on other websites that the pro Wenger plane and banner were paid for by a company owned by the Keswick family. Conniving bastards.

:lol: yeah i heard that one....ha ha ha that's pretty desperate if that's the case

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2017, 06:07 PM

The club has sunk and vanished forever into an abyss of embarrassment if that's true.

selassie
19-03-2017, 06:25 PM
The bare faced cheek of it to say he's made his decision and we will know soon, when it's clearly torn the fans and team apart. He's doing what's best for himself and not the club, unfortunately that's why he's lost so much respect from the fans.

:gp:

Yep I totally agree with this.

This whole circus is now all about Arsene and not about Arsenal Football club. Arsene said that he loves the football club, if he does why is he turning this into such a ridiculous saga, it's embarassing...

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-03-2017, 10:50 PM
A few papers (namely Telegraph, Mirror (Cross) and Mail) saying he wants to stay. :popcorn:

Munchies
19-03-2017, 10:56 PM
FUCKKKK!!!

FUCKING HELL!!!!!!!!!

Munchies
19-03-2017, 10:57 PM
PUT HIM DOWN!

Munchies
19-03-2017, 11:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7OlMvRWwAAolZ9.jpg

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2017, 11:19 PM
Yep, sounds like a 1 year contract sold as a handover while they find a replacement. Most of the journos sound like they are willing to sell that. Suppose the idea is to calm the fans down, get the Wenger Out lot thinking one more year and then change, give the Wenger In lot some ammo to demand a "smooth handover" period for "the good of the club". It's a smart delaying tactic. Also gives the appearance of the board being in charge. Mostly bullshit of course. What this really does is forgive Wenger if he doesn't hit a single target this year, which is looking increasingly likely. It'll mean we'll lose Ozil and Alexis and probably Bellerin (although the way he's been playing maybe that's not much of a loss). Suspect Ox and Perez will go too. And it covers up for the fact this board has no post-Wenger plan. Shameful and shocking on their part btw. What is it these guys actually do?

There was one journo on Sunday Supplement who saw through this. Can't remember his name, but if you catch the show it's obvious. One more year for Wenger to try to turn it around (which he is incapable of doing), it does look like we won't get what we want this year but probably will next. A lot of damage will have been done by then of course. But this will be sold as Wenger's farewell season so fans will have to think carefully if they want to deny him that. Me personally, I find the whole think to be a huge steaming turd, a small group of old greedy men putting themselves ahead of the club and its fans, but what's new about that? If the request is to give Wenger one more year (provided it really is just one more year) and allow him to bow out gracefully rather than be hounded out then I can just about stomach it and play along. I don't think even this lot could get away with selling the farewell tour directly followed by the reunion tour. All hell would break loose.

So looks like Wenger out - but not quite just yet. One more year of pain. Another years sliding down the pecking order. Possibly some serious long term damage inflictedin the process. But change in 2018.

Munchies
19-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Yep, sounds like a 1 year contract sold as a handover while they find a replacement. Most of the journos sound like they are willing to sell that. Suppose the idea is to calm the fans down, get the Wenger Out lot thinking one more year and then change, give the Wenger In lot some ammo to demand a "smooth handover" period for "the good of the club". It's a smart delaying tactic. Also gives the appearance of the board being in charge. Mostly bullshit of course. What this really does is forgive Wenger if he doesn't hit a single target this year, which is looking increasingly likely. It'll mean we'll lose Ozil and Alexis and probably Bellerin (although the way he's been playing maybe that's not much of a loss). Suspect Ox and Perez will go too. And it covers up for the fact this board has no post-Wenger plan. Shameful and shocking on their part btw. What is it these guys actually do?

There was one journo on Sunday Supplement who saw through this. Can't remember his name, but if you catch the show it's obvious. One more year for Wenger to try to turn it around (which he is incapable of doing), it does look like we won't get what we want this year but probably will next. A lot of damage will have been done by then of course. But this will be sold as Wenger's farewell season so fans will have to think carefully if they want to deny him that. Me personally, I find the whole think to be a huge steaming turd, a small group of old greedy men putting themselves ahead of the club and its fans, but what's new about that? If the request is to give Wenger one more year (provided it really is just one more year) and allow him to bow out gracefully rather than be hounded out then I can just about stomach it and play along. I don't think even this lot could get away with selling the farewell tour directly followed by the reunion tour. All hell would break loose.

So looks like Wenger out - but not quite just yet. One more year of pain. Another years sliding down the pecking order. Possibly some serious long term damage inflictedin the process. But change in 2018.

And then 2018 he decides to say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg_teqyLNOs

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2017, 11:34 PM
No way. You can't do goodbye and then hello unless you have won a title or a CL. And if that happens then the guy will have done a complete 180 which is what everyone wanted him to do anyway. Nobody wanted him out, they wanted him to stop being such a stubborn old git and up his game. But that won't happen so we won't be winning titles and he'll be gone, with a bit of dignity (provided we don't get relegated) in 2018. On balance I think it's for the best. I hate the fact he'll get paid a fortune for achieving another fuck all season and we'll be held back for another year, but in the end he is our greatest ever manager and I don't begrudge him a final bow.

I hate to say it, fucking hate to say it And I know I'm being manipulated and I know this board is one big bag of shit and they haven't made this decision based on planning but rather in being caught with their pants down - but this decision is just about right. A compromise that works.

Won't stop me screaming in frustration all through next season though.

Anyway, now that's done and dusted...

KROENKE OUT! No thanks whatsoever for the memories - GET THE FUCK OUT!

21_GOONER_SALUTE
19-03-2017, 11:46 PM

Seems I missed the party..... Oh well.

HCZ, just like you, and probably 99.9℅ of "honest" hard-working Arsenal folk, I wouldn't want a billionaire owner talkless of Usmanov in a perfect world. However the latter has never existed.

Now you must accept that the reason we gooners turn up our nose on money is our history- a history filled with custodians who have been powerful people of privilege and wealth , who highjacked a club formed by munition workers and turned it into the successful and now self sustaining global Brand we are (or were).

Ask any historian why Real Madrid is Real Madrid and they will mention a certain General Franco- you could play this name game for most of European footballing elite and you would be horrified by some of the names that come out the hat.

The point is football has always had its distasteful powerful characters , or should I say Usmanovs; and some seem to love the game just as much as me and you. Why do I say that? How does a typical fan react when he watches his team doing badly? I believe the natural instinct is to want to influence things. Me and you would shout "come on Arsenal" or scream obscenities at the ref and opposing players. On instinct, irrational. Now what does an Abramovich do, he decides he needs to spend 100s of more millions of his own personal fortune and probably sacks the most successful manager he has ever had who just won the league. On instinct, irrational.

Now ask yourself this question, if you had a couple of billions and owned the club, wouldn't you have relieved AW after the Bayern game and splurged your children's inheritance on your dear Arsenal?

The point is being a fan and strict morality are 2 things that don't go hand in hand seeing as a fan will always want to influence things for his club's betterment.

That's why I know Kronke is the worst thing to happen to this club; he's not even aware the roof is on fire, he's still twiddling his thumbs trying to make the best conservative business decision to protect his investment.

Unfortunately just like I've wanted another manager for like a decade now, it's clear I need to ask Santa for a new owner too.

Xhaka Can’t
19-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Wenger needs to put us unwashed serfs out of our misery by issuing his almighty decree on his plans for our club's future.

Niall_Quinn
20-03-2017, 12:04 AM
Wenger needs to put us unwashed serfs out of our misery by issuing his almighty decree on his plans for our club's future.

Are you sure we're worthy? Certain?

Gooner23
20-03-2017, 06:10 AM
Why would they need another year to plan a succession. They've had 3 years to do that. What a load of toss.

Marc Overmars
20-03-2017, 07:14 AM
There is no succession plan, they want Wenger to stay for as long as he wants. Wenger himself is probably desperate to stay too because it's best for him on a personal level.

I just hope the fans continue to make the situation as untenable as possible, make him consider whether it's all worth it.

rodders
20-03-2017, 07:39 AM
If Wenger loves Arsenal as much as he says he does he would go now. If he stays with current levels of confidence and commitment , I can foresee Arsenal fighting a relegation battle next season

Power n Glory
20-03-2017, 07:44 AM
However long his contract is, I hope it's made uncomfortable for everyone involved with him signing this extension. Fuck em all. He doesn't deserve a comfortable send off.

Globalgunner
20-03-2017, 07:46 AM
It should be pretty obvious to anyone that Wenger will stay till the bitter end. He has nothing else apart from Arsenal. Ceaucescu. Gaddafi come to mind

Marc Overmars
20-03-2017, 07:47 AM
It would be pretty ironic if he stayed after missing out on the top 4. Possibly goes to show that he was never under enough pressure to even finish 4th. He's a law unto himself.

Gooner23
20-03-2017, 07:49 AM
There is no succession plan, they want Wenger to stay for as long as he wants. Wenger himself is probably desperate to stay too because it's best for him on a personal level.

I just hope the fans continue to make the situation as untenable as possible, make him consider whether it's all worth it.

Yeah I know there isn't a plan, I just don't think we should be accepting this as a reason for him signing on. Crazy situation.

I was fine with a year out of Europe, but only providing a new manager came in. With Wenger still at the helm I would really worry about what further damage he could do.

Letters
20-03-2017, 07:56 AM
It would be pretty ironic if he stayed after missing out on the top 4. Possibly goes to show that he was never under enough pressure to even finish 4th. He's a law unto himself.

I'm not sure it does show that, a one off outside the top 4 probably wouldn't have been terminal, a prolonged period outside it would have been IMO.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 08:33 AM
If Wenger loves Arsenal as much as he says he does he would go now. If he stays with current levels of confidence and commitment , I can foresee Arsenal fighting a relegation battle next season

Don't be daft

Letters
20-03-2017, 08:35 AM
It does sound daft but Chelsea were getting dragged in last year. If we lose some key players (as we surely will) and the squad have lost faith in Wenger (seems that way) then it's not inconceivable till Wenger is replaced.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 08:39 AM
The top six financially are essentially relegation proof even if that narcassistic Mourinho had stayed the club would have been no where near the drop.

Letters
20-03-2017, 08:42 AM
After 16 games last year they had 15 points, 1 point above the relegation zone.
I think when push comes to shove they'd have got it together under Mourinho but they were flirting with a relegation last December.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Doesn't count as a relegation battle when a club knows it can put together a number of wins on the spin whenever

Relegation battles are for clubs that honestly don't know when the next win is coming from

Power n Glory
20-03-2017, 08:53 AM

You're not wrong. One season where we were close to dropping out of the Top 4, Ivan came out and said we've planned for such a situation and we'd be fine without CL football.

I always knew Wenger had built up enough credit with the Board to drop out of the CL position. You can hear the whole 'ungrateful fans' narrative being pushed from Board to manager.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Tim Payton is getting on my nerves, if you're wrong just admit you're wrong don't double down.

LDG
20-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Tim Payton is getting on my nerves, if you're wrong just admit you're wrong don't double down.

What's he said now?

He's one of the reasons why there has been no pressure put on the owners and the club until now. He has had ample opportunity to ask the difficult questions of the board, and has ducked out over and over.

Gutless.

Letters
20-03-2017, 09:35 AM
Doesn't count as a relegation battle when a club knows it can put together a number of wins on the spin whenever

Relegation battles are for clubs that honestly don't know when the next win is coming from

Fair point. I don't think we'd be in a relegation battle so basically agree but if they're not playing for Wenger or each other then things are going to go seriously downhill, it's starting already.

:(

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 09:36 AM
He's still claiming Wenger is gone in the summer and the decision was made ages ago

Power n Glory
20-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Where is this information about him staying coming from? Why isn't this being considered as the regular media bullshit?

GP
20-03-2017, 10:01 AM
It's should all be considered as bullshit until an announcement is made.

The board know the fans aren't happy, which is why they wheeled Mr Chips out. They know we want change. If he signs a new deal now, next season could be even worse.

This is the worst it's been in 20 years.

Letters
20-03-2017, 10:09 AM
This is what we're working with...

https://mcgarnagle.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/vlcsnap-00018.jpg

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Where is this information about him staying coming from? Why isn't this being considered as the regular media bullshit?

Is it any less credible that soneone who belongs to a supporters trust claiming to be an in the know having insider information that Wenger had decided to go ages ago?.

No we don't know anything for definite, we have Pulis who has said Wenger has told him he wants to stay (is he really going to tell him his true intentions).

However at the same time we know the media are putting out stories indirectly from the club, the Sanchez leak, the "they've never had it so good" narrative etc.

So yeah we don't know, the one year contract thing seems to be bullshit.

But given everything Wenger himself has said in press conferences, given everything anyone who has any kind of inside access to the club has said.....Wenger has no intention of going anywhere and it seems more that the club are doing its best to lay the ground for that decision.

selassie
20-03-2017, 10:13 AM
I'm not sure it does show that, a one off outside the top 4 probably wouldn't have been terminal, a prolonged period outside it would have been IMO.

If he sticks around I think we will be on course for a prolonged period outside of the top 4. He's clearly not up to it anymore and has fierce competition against teams who have better managers and budgets either equal or better than us.

He harps on about the long term future and his decision won't be made on this seasons showing...but I honestly think this is a sign of things to come...I mean it's not like this seasons performance is any different to last seasons, he's spent 100million and if anything we've got worse.

GP
20-03-2017, 10:14 AM
I agree. If he was leaving, I think we'd know by now. Nothing to gain by prolonging it.

Power n Glory
20-03-2017, 10:20 AM
It's should all be considered as bullshit until an announcement is made.

The board know the fans aren't happy, which is why they wheeled Mr Chips out. They know we want change. If he signs a new deal now, next season could be even worse.

This is the worst it's been in 20 years.

I think so. I could be getting worked up for nothing. The press are having a field day with our situation and could just be an attempt to whip up more trouble.

selassie
20-03-2017, 10:24 AM
I agree. If he was leaving, I think we'd know by now. Nothing to gain by prolonging it.

Yep he's most definitely staying, I wouldn't be surprised if he signed on for 2 more years a good few weeks ago.

GP
20-03-2017, 10:36 AM
We've always known the board doesn't care about the fans, it's disappointing to see Wenger showing the same contempt.

Power n Glory
20-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Nothing is ever good enough for you lot! ;)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 10:49 AM
I do find it amusing the strong possibility that the Keswick family paid for the In Wenger we Trust banner

Reminds me of this
https://youtu.be/R_CulXfKuGY

Letters
20-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Strong possibility?! Is there any actual basis for that?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Strong possibility?! Is there any actual basis for that?

The company that flew the banner has stated it was paid for through a company called Jardine Matheson based in Hong Kong.
The Keswick family are on the board of this company.

Marc Overmars
20-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Yep he's most definitely staying, I wouldn't be surprised if he signed on for 2 more years a good few weeks ago.

If he is staying, I cannot wait to read the statement. Just to see how he can possibly justify himself, when he's completely failed to build a competitive team after so many years of trying. The sort of time most managers these days would die for.

We're in trouble next season if he's still here.

Letters
20-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Honestly don't know what he's getting out of this any more. If he goes at the end of the season then while it will have been his worst season with us I still think in time most people will come to recognise what he did for us.
From what I understand Ali stayed in boxing too long and ended up taking some beatings at the end but people still appreciate what he did in his pomp.
If he stays another year though...I don't see how anyone wins out of that.

GP
20-03-2017, 11:31 AM
We got lucky last year with everyone else being so shit. It's troubling that he can't recognise that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Because he's Afraid of giving up the autonomy and work load he has at Arsenal which totally occupies his entire life

The fan reaction is less important than that, because he believes he can get most back on side and the rest are just malcontents.

Letters
20-03-2017, 11:38 AM
And actually, if we win the league next year then he would get people back on side and maybe that's what he's hoping, like some desperate gambler staying at the table thinking he'll cover his losses in the next hand.
Trouble is, we won't and things will just get nastier.

Marc Overmars
20-03-2017, 11:41 AM
We got lucky last year with everyone else being so shit. It's troubling that he can't recognise that.

That was the window of opportunity we waited the best part of a decade for, yet we couldn't even get close.

Everyone knows he can't deliver anymore and deep down he probably knows it too, him staying would be a purely selfish move to ensure he can maintain a cushty set up.

Going somewhere else where he has no credit is far too much work for him to undertake at this stage of his career and life.

Marc Overmars
20-03-2017, 11:44 AM
And actually, if we win the league next year then he would get people back on side and maybe that's what he's hoping, like some desperate gambler staying at the table thinking he'll cover his losses in the next hand.
Trouble is, we won't and things will just get nastier.

Forget about double or nothing, he's been tripling every year and losing each time.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 11:46 AM
That was the window of opportunity we waited the best part of a decade for, yet we couldn't even get close.

Everyone knows he can't deliver anymore and deep down he probably knows it too, him staying would be a purely selfish move to ensure he can maintain a cushty set up.

Going somewhere else where he has no credit is far too much work for him to undertake at this stage of his career and life.

He lives in a bubble....he probably has people like Keswick and Kroenke telling him "Arsene you're the only one who can keep this club going" he genuinely believes he is Atlas.

Because he works hard and does everything in a football sense, he feels under appreciated by the fans and the media....

Even if a Dein put his hand on his shoulder and said "Arsene it's not worth it anymore!" he wouldn't listen to them.

Letters
20-03-2017, 11:49 AM
Forget about double or nothing, he's been tripling every year and losing each time.

Thing is...he must have friends. I know he's still close to David Dein. Surely someone can get through to him and gently suggest that he's not doing himself or anyone else any good.
It's all quite sad, or could be if he stays.

Chippy
20-03-2017, 02:00 PM
Thing is...he must have friends. I know he's still close to David Dein. Surely someone can get through to him and gently suggest that he's not doing himself or anyone else any good.
It's all quite sad, or could be if he stays.

That old poster Ashburton 2006 gently suggested years ago that Wenger was shit and needed to go, but he became an outcast :( :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 02:02 PM
That old poster Ashburton 2006 gently suggested years ago that Wenger was shit and needed to go, but he became an outcast :( :bow:

If he suggested it in 2006 i can imagine he was ridiculed.

It would have been a bit like saying Federer was terrible in 2006 after winning 9 out of the last 14 grand slams

Chippy
20-03-2017, 02:20 PM

It would have been a bit like saying Federer was terrible in 2006 after winning 9 out of the last 14 grand slams

It was suggested in around 2012 TBH :)

LDG
20-03-2017, 02:20 PM
That old poster Ashburton 2006 gently suggested years ago that Wenger was shit and needed to go, but he was raging spurs fan :( :bow:

Quite.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 02:24 PM
It was suggested in around 2012 TBH :)

then you are talking nonsense, this place was majority anti Wenger even five years ago.

Power n Glory
20-03-2017, 02:26 PM

I can't do a Tennis equivalent, but I can with boxing.

It's like somebody questioning Amir Khan's defence and chin just before facing Prescott. Khan hadn't faced any heavy hitters and once he did he was exposed and knocked out.

Some of the criticism about Wenger years ago may have been a bit OTT but a lot of truth in what was said back then. I still remember the backlash when I said Wenger was a poor tactician.

Power n Glory
20-03-2017, 02:31 PM
then you are talking nonsense, this place was majority anti Wenger even five years ago.

Ashburton was often accused of being a Spurs fan. He's not talking rubbish. Most people here wanted Wenger in around 2012.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 02:36 PM
I can't do a Tennis equivalent, but I can with boxing.

It's like somebody questioning Amir Khan's defence and chin just before facing Prescott. Khan hadn't faced any heavy hitters and once he did he was exposed and knocked out.

Some of the criticism about Wenger years ago may have been a bit OTT but a lot of truth in what was said back then. I still remember the backlash when I said Wenger was a poor tactician.

Really?....I always thought that was a given (that Wenger was at the very most basic tactically)

You could always get at Federer's back hand even back in 2006, and on a slow surface like Clay Nadal used to Muller Federer this way

(proved by the fact that Federer faced Nadal five times at Roland Garros including four finals and lost every time).

But there is a difference between pointing out someone's weaknesses and saying they are useless.

Wenger had many weaknesses that were evident in 2006, he dithered in the transfer market.....despite getting to the champions league final.....we had gone through a league season losing 11 games where he hadn't replaced Vieira and we were losing games 1-0 all over the shop for the next season or so because we literally had no supply up to our front line in many games.

But there was certainly no cause to sack him at that time.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 02:38 PM
Ashburton was often accused of being a Spurs fan. He's not talking rubbish. Most people here wanted Wenger in around 2012.

I was here i remember it, and although there was still a significant amount of Wenger fans here, the majority feeling especially when games went against us was that he should go.

But don't believe me, the match reactions can be found back in 2012.

Power n Glory
20-03-2017, 02:41 PM
I was here i remember it, and although there was still a significant amount of Wenger fans here, the majority feeling especially when games went against us was that he should go.

But don't believe me, the match reactions can be found back in 2012.

The polls taken never reflected that. This is the one season where almost everyone has voted for him to go.

Letters
20-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Ashburton2006 was ridiculed because he only posted on here when we had bad results and came across as a WUM.

Marc Overmars
20-03-2017, 02:45 PM
I think it turned from 2011 after the League Cup final defeat, the majority (on here) at least were Wenger in until then. Although wanting Wenger out has always remained a source of ridicule on here, it's only the last 18 months where I think everyone on this forum has now come round to the same viewpoint.

Letters
20-03-2017, 02:47 PM
When we won the FA Cup in 2014 many were supportive of Wenger signing a new contract.

Niall_Quinn
20-03-2017, 03:03 PM
When we won the FA Cup in 2014 many were supportive of Wenger signing a new contract.

Supportive with massive conditions attached, namely the funds being released for us to seriously compete in the transfer market and that Wenger changed all his bullshit habits and started putting a competitive team on the pitch and ditching this 4th place champions bullshit. It appeared things were possibly on track at that point, Ozil in, a minor trophy to break the hoodoo. But of course Wenger fucked it all up which was pretty much inevitable but he was given the benefit of the doubt nonetheless. When people say Wenger should have been allowed another crack, to try to get things back on track, with mutual respect and dignity - that was it. That's exactly what he was given. Now the Wengerites are saying the same thing again. Respect, dignity - we did all that! Look what happened.

Chippy
20-03-2017, 03:09 PM
Ashburton2006 was ridiculed because he only posted on here when we had bad results and came across as a WUM.

Fair point :(

Power n Glory
20-03-2017, 03:12 PM
I think it turned from 2011 after the League Cup final defeat, the majority (on here) at least were Wenger in until then. Although wanting Wenger out has always remained a source of ridicule on here, it's only the last 18 months where I think everyone on this forum has now come round to the same viewpoint.

In that case, Ashburton goes way before 2011 and the league cup defeat. Cesc had already left by 2012-13 season. We've been shockingly shite for a long long time. It's 2017. :(

Niall_Quinn
20-03-2017, 03:18 PM
This season alone, when was the last performance where we played controlled, organised and attacking football and also looked secure at the back? This season has been a new low.

GP
20-03-2017, 03:19 PM
We've been abject this season. Really poor.

Power n Glory
20-03-2017, 03:26 PM
This season alone, when was the last performance where we played controlled, organised and attacking football and also looked secure at the back? This season has been a new low.

Chelsea and Basel at home. Other than that....shocking. Same as the season before where we're picking out that 1 game against Utd as a standout. Is that the new norm?

Niall_Quinn
20-03-2017, 03:29 PM
And the manager keeps sending us out on the pitch to do the same things. This is the one overriding problem that makes all the noise about 300 hours a week working for Arsenal night and day and dignity and legacy a nonsense. In the end Wenger is paid to do a job and he's not doing it. And for seasons he's had the chance to loosen his grip, bring in some help and freshen things up with new ideas. But look at what has happened. Assistants have come and gone, ex-players have been shunned or shown the door. People who genuinely love the club are stuck on the outside while a bunch of profiteers are all making bank. It all stems from Wenger's inability to change even in the face of overwhelming evidence such as a season like this one we've been enduring. He's a hugely negative force now, doing real damage. This board is idiotic, the biggest Wengerites of all. Just assuming the guy is infallible and everything can be left to him without question. Every warning sign has been missed or ignored. That lot haven't been doing their job either. And now it seems the players can't be arsed either.

What happens when the fans step up to do their job and raise their voices pointing out these obvious problems? They get savaged by the media and pricks like Gary Neville. And the very people who have allowed the club to slip into this downward trending rut through their complacency and incompetence have jumped onboard and suggested the fans are part of the problem. Do they really imagine, given what they have (or should have) seen over the last few seasons that all the fans just sitting there cheering away through every shit show would have made a difference? Actually applauding these fuckers for not doing their jobs? It's insulting how irrelevant and stupid they must think we are.

Letters
20-03-2017, 03:38 PM
The lap of "appreciation" will be interesting this year...

Power n Glory
20-03-2017, 03:40 PM
And the manager keeps sending us out on the pitch to do the same things. This is the one overriding problem that makes all the noise about 300 hours a week working for Arsenal night and day and dignity and legacy a nonsense. In the end Wenger is paid to do a job and he's not doing it. And for seasons he's had the chance to loosen his grip, bring in some help and freshen things up with new ideas. But look at what has happened. Assistants have come and gone, ex-players have been shunned or shown the door. People who genuinely love the club are stuck on the outside while a bunch of profiteers are all making bank. It all stems from Wenger's inability to change even in the face of overwhelming evidence such as a season like this one we've been enduring. He's a hugely negative force now, doing real damage. This board is idiotic, the biggest Wengerites of all. Just assuming the guy is infallible and everything can be left to him without question. Every warning sign has been missed or ignored. That lot haven't been doing their job either. And now it seems the players can't be arsed either.

What happens when the fans step up to do their job and raise their voices pointing out these obvious problems? They get savaged by the media and pricks like Gary Neville. And the very people who have allowed the club to slip into this downward trending rut through their complacency and incompetence have jumped onboard and suggested the fans are part of the problem. Do they really imagine, given what they have (or should have) seen over the last few seasons that all the fans just sitting there cheering away through every shit show would have made a difference? Actually applauding these fuckers for not doing their jobs? It's insulting how irrelevant and stupid they must think we are.

It;s an insult to hear them talk on the situation. Neville now declaring it's painful to. :lol: Try being an Arsenal fan. It's actually nuts to think of how long we've been watching this and complaining ob GW.

It's time I get a life. :lol: Fuck football.

Globalgunner
20-03-2017, 03:43 PM
A man comes to work each day and sees busts of him and paintings lining the hallway. Who wants to say goodbye to that, with £10m on top too?

Some of us have been Wenger out since the last GW btw. Hes been an anchor on this club for at least a decade,

Niall_Quinn
20-03-2017, 03:48 PM
The lap of "appreciation" will be interesting this year...

Half lap, knowing our lot. Maybe Alexis will run the whole way, as a farewell.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Half lap, knowing our lot. Maybe Alexis will run the whole way, as a farewell.

he won't be running anywhere for a while

Niall_Quinn
20-03-2017, 03:52 PM
he won't be running anywhere for a while

Oh yes, that "meaty challenge" Sky was laughing about. He'll probably be back before Ozil though. Ozil's achilles has flu apparently.

Letters
20-03-2017, 04:16 PM
A man comes to work each day and sees busts of him and paintings lining the hallway. Who wants to say goodbye to that, with £10m on top too?

Some of us have been Wenger out since the last GW btw. Hes been an anchor on this club for at least a decade,

It's more complicated than that IMO.
Wenger has strengths and weaknesses, like anyone.

In the best years under Wenger his strengths propelled us to heights I never thought I'd see an Arsenal side achieve but even then his weaknesses showed, looking back - failure in Europe with one of the great club sides of all time (IMO) and a failure to retain the title. After The Invincibles the stadium move did hamper us, you can't blame Wenger for that especially as it coincided with the billionaires coming into the game. In that era I think, overall, he did well to keep us relatively competitive but he did fail to land us trophies on a few occasions when he should have done. When the new financial deals came in I think he deserved a chance to use the money. Players like Ozil and Sanchez should have pushed us on, the FA Cups were a good start but we have failed to push on for bigger prizes and it's clear we won't under Wenger. So while I think we pretty much all agree Wenger should go, I don't agree that we would have fared better had he been replaced 10 years ago. Obviously we'll never know, but any other manager would have been subject to financial constraints and I don't think many would have done significantly better.

Globalgunner
20-03-2017, 04:41 PM
It's more complicated than that IMO.
Wenger has strengths and weaknesses, like anyone.

In the best years under Wenger his strengths propelled us to heights I never thought I'd see an Arsenal side achieve but even then his weaknesses showed, looking back - failure in Europe with one of the great club sides of all time (IMO) and a failure to retain the title. After The Invincibles the stadium move did hamper us, you can't blame Wenger for that especially as it coincided with the billionaires coming into the game. In that era I think, overall, he did well to keep us relatively competitive but he did fail to land us trophies on a few occasions when he should have done. When the new financial deals came in I think he deserved a chance to use the money. Players like Ozil and Sanchez should have pushed us on, the FA Cups were a good start but we have failed to push on for bigger prizes and it's clear we won't under Wenger. So while I think we pretty much all agree Wenger should go, I don't agree that we would have fared better had he been replaced 10 years ago. Obviously we'll never know, but any other manager would have been subject to financial constraints and I don't think many would have done significantly better.

Your post is exactly what Wenger tells himself every night before having a blissful sleep.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Your post is exactly what Wenger tells himself every night before having a blissful sleep.

Wenger thinks he has weaknesses and doesn't believe he can push us on?

Marc Overmars
20-03-2017, 04:49 PM
It;s an insult to hear them talk on the situation. Neville now declaring it's painful to. :lol: Try being an Arsenal fan. It's actually nuts to think of how long we've been watching this and complaining ob GW.

It's time I get a life. :lol: Fuck football.

Pretty much. Sky and BT are going at the end of the season unless they cut me a deal, I rarely watch non-Arsenal games anymore and half the time I don't even know the scores of other games unless I'm on here and Maccy is doing his thing!

I sure as hell don't intend on going to anymore games until he's gone. That's the hardest part for me because it's been such a huge part of my life but I'm so fed up the enjoyment has just been sapped out of it. I've made some big life changes over the last 2 years and I've come to realise it's really not worth the hassle at all. Buying a house and getting married is a headache in itself so I can do without Arsenal on top of that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 05:04 PM
That's awful

Getting married?

Resigning yourself to having sex with the same person for the rest of your life or when your sex drive finally goes and doesn't come back.

Christ.....sorry to hear that

Letters
20-03-2017, 06:21 PM

Yeah, that probably is a better reply than trying to actually engage with what I said. Well done.

Letters
20-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Pretty much. Sky and BT are going at the end of the season unless they cut me a deal, I rarely watch non-Arsenal games anymore and half the time I don't even know the scores of other games unless I'm on here and Maccy is doing his thing!

I sure as hell don't intend on going to anymore games until he's gone. That's the hardest part for me because it's been such a huge part of my life but I'm so fed up the enjoyment has just been sapped out of it. I've made some big life changes over the last 2 years and I've come to realise it's really not worth the hassle at all. Buying a house and getting married is a headache in itself so I can do without Arsenal on top of that.

The situation at Arsenal, and with football in general, has really sucked the life out of it for me. Sad really.
I've been to MK Dons a few times with the in-laws but frankly that's bloody awful too.
Football :rose:

Niall_Quinn
20-03-2017, 09:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEgGn-BqTus

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 10:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEgGn-BqTus

Please I ate only an hour ago

I can see why he likes Donald Trump so much, everything is about him

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Oh yes, that "meaty challenge" Sky was laughing about. He'll probably be back before Ozil though. Ozil's achilles has flu apparently.

Sounds like AIDS to me

Munchies
20-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Jake Humphrey posted something that is saying Wenger has signed a 2 YEAR deal

https://twitter.com/mrjakehumphrey/status/843959191660314624

FUCkkkkkkk

what a cuntttt

cant express how much of a cunt he is

Marc Overmars
21-03-2017, 12:03 AM
There won't be a right time to announce it. He's going to be slaughtered regardless.

GP
21-03-2017, 12:04 AM
Hope he signs.

Munchies
21-03-2017, 12:06 AM
Hope he signs.

Hope he dies.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 12:17 AM
Two year deal means fuck all changes. If true, I'm out. This isn't the same club as the one I invested in when Brian Talbot was scoring against and for us in successive years. Long history. Lots of memories. Good times, bad times and some great times. But this is a nothing time and it appears it is designed to be endless. So, in effect, this is the end. I pity the younger fans who only know this bland, corporate sham. They'll likely never know what football was really about.

If Wenger has done this then he proves he has no love for this club at all. He proves it's all about Wenger, to the total exclusion of Arsenal. And if that's the case then his legacy is this - selfishness. The rest of it means nothing, it is coincidental to the main driver. I could have lived with a 1 year deal, just about. But if the guy has absolutely taken the piss then you'd have to have zero self respect to stick around as a fan and suffer that in silence. A fan of what? The exact opposite of what you signed up for in the first place? No thanks. They can keep what they have subverted.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 03:05 AM
Arsene Wenger will stay at Arsenal and begin squad overhaul with Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez both set to leave.

As always with Arsenal, think of the worst case scenario and you won't be disappointed.

Gooner23
21-03-2017, 06:00 AM
:pal: you have to laugh at the cheek of it.

From the selfish old man calling all the shots, to the spineless board too comfortable with their own wealth to put competitiveness on the pitch above income.

I just hope the next 2 years are made as uncomfortable as possible for all the cunts running this club. They certainly won't be getting a penny out of me.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 09:07 AM
:pal: you have to laugh at the cheek of it.

From the selfish old man calling all the shots, to the spineless board too comfortable with their own wealth to put competitiveness on the pitch above income.

I just hope the next 2 years are made as uncomfortable as possible for all the cunts running this club. They certainly won't be getting a penny out of me.

Easier said than done. They have probably already secured a few quid from you already. Check the sponsors and check your spending patterns. Any real boycott will have to include indirect revenues. If sponsors are afraid to go near them because it results in an immediate boycott by Arsenal fans then that's what will get their attention and get them crawling back to the fans with a newfound interest in what we have to say. Won't happen, but it's what needs to happen.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 09:12 AM
Arsenal stars want Arsene Wenger to sign a new contract and 'continue the adventure', says striker Olivier Giroud

Now it seems like the deal is done we see the heroes of Arsenal step up to support their manager. Well, the mediocre, overpaid ones at least. Name one other top club where Giroud would get a sniff. Yes, I'm sure he wants Wenger to stay forever. On we go with the Poseidon adventure.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2017, 09:16 AM
"I get played a lot and he doesn't tell me off when I bring sex workers into my hotel room during away fixtures"

LDG
21-03-2017, 09:18 AM
Now it seems like the deal is done we see the heroes of Arsenal step up to support their manager. Well, the mediocre, overpaid ones at least. Name one other top club where Giroud would get a sniff. Yes, I'm sure he wants Wenger to stay forever. On we go with the Poseidon adventure.

If they really were that concerned, they would have upped their game to help save him from the criticism. I get that the old duffer is to blame for not getting them on it, but the players haven't exactly shown that they're ready to stick up for him.

Seems like the Arsenal PR machine is churning out its usual dog shit.

Letters
21-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Easier said than done. They have probably already secured a few quid from you already. Check the sponsors and check your spending patterns. Any real boycott will have to include indirect revenues. If sponsors are afraid to go near them because it results in an immediate boycott by Arsenal fans then that's what will get their attention and get them crawling back to the fans with a newfound interest in what we have to say. Won't happen, but it's what needs to happen.
IMO if people stop buying tickets and merchandise and stop subscribing to Sky Sports, BT Sports etc then the other revenues would start drying up.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Not a peep from Kroenke or Gazidis as the club slips below the water. Perhaps they are busy organising the band. Or hurriedly filling out the insurance documents. Perhaps they haven't noticed. Can it be pure, unfortunate coincidence that Stan is despised at every club he infects?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2017, 09:54 AM
https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2014/06/04/22/Ivan%20Gazidis.jpg

HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS MAN?

KSE Comedy Club
21-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Wenger deserves to have rotten veg thrown at him from the stands if he has signed on again.

What a selfish old cunt.

He's been useless for a good 10 years now, scraping by, doing the bare minimum to stay in the top 4.

Disgusting decision tbh (if true) :sulk:

Marc Overmars
21-03-2017, 11:36 AM
https://youtu.be/vEd6RW20tVI

GP
21-03-2017, 11:48 AM
Wenger deserves to have rotten veg thrown at him from the stands if he has signed on again.

What a selfish old cunt.

He's been useless for a good 10 years now, scraping by, doing the bare minimum to stay in the top 4.

Disgusting decision tbh (if true) :sulk:

Deserves to be killed tbh. Dragged through the streets and pelted with rocks.

Letters
21-03-2017, 11:56 AM
Well I think he's always been useless and he just got lucky when he inherited a good defence.
I hope they put his head on a spike at London Bridge as a warning to others like they used to in the good old days, political correctness gone mad that you can't do that any more.
:sulk:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2017, 12:00 PM
Can we Saddam him?

Not hang him....but as part of an iconic news segment tear down his statue.

A very upper class news reporter shouts "Goodbye Arsene!"

GP
21-03-2017, 12:01 PM
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz199/tdhdexter/Comical-Ali.jpg

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Could be the last big Wenger WUM :pray:

Every source pretty much saying he's staying for the next 20 years at least. Come on Arsene, you've hooked and reeled them in. Now leave them dangling by saying your goodbyes. Come on, you know it makes sense.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 12:29 PM
https://youtu.be/vEd6RW20tVI

Ty :haha:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2017, 12:32 PM
Could be the last big Wenger WUM :pray:

Every source pretty much saying he's staying for the next 20 years at least. Come on Arsene, you've hooked and reeled them in. Now leave them dangling by saying your goodbyes. Come on, you know it makes sense.

Actually in all honesty I think there was an attempt to troll the fans

When he said he'd made his mind up a majority of fans thought "this is it" he's going and prepared themselves for the soapy tit wank.

He saw the protests against him and thought "I'll razz those fuckers"

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Actually in all honesty I think there was an attempt to troll the fans

When he said he'd made his mind up a majority of fans thought "this is it" he's going and prepared themselves for the soapy tit wank.

He saw the protests against him and thought "I'll razz those fuckers"

Okay then. How about the double bluff? :pray:

Just leave me something to hope for.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Tim Payton still point blank refusing to acknowledge that he was wrong.

The AST statement showing concern at the prospect of Wenger signing a new contract is his way of obscuring that for months he claimed that he had the inside track that Wenger was going.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Tim Payton still point blank refusing to acknowledge that he was wrong.

The AST statement showing concern at the prospect of Wenger signing a new contract is his way of obscuring that for months he claimed that he had the inside track that Wenger was going.

Let's start from the beginning. Who is Tim Payton again?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Head of the Arsenal Supporters Trust

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 12:46 PM
Head of the Arsenal Supporters Trust

Was sarcasm tbf.

Who are the Arsenal Supporters Trust though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXB44b3D0VE

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Was sarcasm tbf.

Who are the Arsenal Supporters Trust though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXB44b3D0VE

Internet messages don't convey sarcasm well but see what you are syaing

Özim
21-03-2017, 02:56 PM
Wenger in i'll do the opposite to what everyone wants/thinks shocker!

He doesn't seem to care what anyone thinks or how ridiculous he looks most of the time, he makes nonsensical decisions and in this case this would be a decision for his own selfish reasons rather than for the club he claims to love. What does he think he has to offer the club, it's been a car carsh season with more humiliating defeats and yet he still thinks he's the bees knees. Will this nightmare ever end?

He's really dragging this out, almost like he's getting some sort of perverse pleasure out of it, got not respect for this guy, don't really understand why anyone has based on his behaviour.

Letters
21-03-2017, 03:08 PM
You've taken your time to comment, wanked yourself into a coma after the weekend's results?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2017, 03:14 PM
You've taken your time to comment, wanked yourself into a coma after the weekend's results?

Come on actually that's not really necessary is it. I think Zim can be a tit, but you're being antagonistic for no reason

I have to say and I hate to say the above comment isn't really extreme or outrageous.

Part of me thinks Wenger is doing this out of spite, he knows the fans are angry and that makes him angry for not appreciating him.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 03:16 PM

He's been saying that Wenger is a shit manager who couldn't give a shit about anyone bar himself and should be sacked because he hasn't a clue how to move this club forward.

Turns out he was 100% correct.

It would be a bit weird if he suddenly changed his opinion now.

Letters
21-03-2017, 03:35 PM
Didn't expect him to change his opinion, I'm just surprised he's taken this long to revel in this as he always seems to.
He's the one who seems to take a perverse pleasure in all this.

Marc Overmars
21-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Didn't expect him to change his opinion, I'm just surprised he's taken this long to revel in this as he always seems to.

So you call him out when he's quick to post his two cents when it's goes tits up, but now you're doing the same for him taking too long?! :lol:

Your obsession with him is worse than his perceived obsession with Wenger.

Özim
21-03-2017, 03:51 PM

Yeah that's right I get perverse pleasure out of seeing Wenger wreck this club, are you kidding? I just want the guy gone so we can all start enjoying football again, logic would suggests that there's nothing left for him at the club now and yet somehow (not really that surprising knowing him) it seems he may stay on.

What good reason can there be for this other than to do the opposite of what everyone wants, it seems to me he always wants to do the opposite of what everyone says, when every says we need a striker he doesn't sign one, when everyone says we need leadership he signs no leaders, when everyone says we need to pay a certain way he does the opposite and we get thumped.

I don't get the man and to me it seems he's on a crusade to prove everyone wrong by doing the opposite of what's logical and in this case because people want him out (and because it makes total sense for him to go) he's decided he's going to stay on because he basically can do and say whatever he wants at this club, he decides if he stays or not, he decides if he needs a payrise, he decides if the fans are to blame etc etc

Niall_Quinn

It will be unrestrained joy for me if Wenger leaves. I'll be whooping and hollering right across every thread on the forum. Might even get a twatter account and post a video on facetube. I can't think of a single poster here who gets pleasure out of the club suffering as it is. Getting pleasure from witnessing the downfall of the man who is primarily responsible? Nothing wrong with that. Personally I temper my reaction a bit based on what he's achieved over the entire 20 years rather than just the last 10, but if Wenger does do what he's threatening to do there will be plenty who will make Zim appear sedate in his criticism. And all of it will be deserved. A football manager who can't win or even compete, opting to rehire himself on another multi-million quid contract to the detriment of the club? That's as low as it gets. Every drop of criticism coming his way he'll have earned.

Özim

Actually I was beginning to think this nightmare was coming to an end a few weeks ago, now it seems it's going to go on and on and on....

Letters
21-03-2017, 03:53 PM
So you call him out when he's quick to post his two cents when it's goes tits up, but now you're doing the same for him taking too long?! :lol:

Why is everyone suddenly so serious on here? :lol:

Power n Glory
21-03-2017, 03:53 PM

It's weird one.

Speaking of perversions.....

I mean what the heck is that about? :lol:

Letters
21-03-2017, 03:54 PM
https://twitter.com/Wicknes007/status/843766565279490048

:lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Don't get me wrong i think a lot of his i told you so schtick is laughable, although at least even if he doubles down on his stupid comments he doesn't try and change history and deny saying them.

He has said he has enjoyed the defeats because he thinks it's the only way to shake people up out of their apathy, but when ultimately it's come to the same result and Wenger is staying anyway, his half baked "well the fans aren't moaning enough" armchair commentary seems rather pointless.

Does he really believe that Wenger is staying on because he thinks the fans haven't made enough fuss?.....how toxic and unpleasant does he want things to get for his own satisfaction?

Don't try and pretend like he is the only one wise about the situation when many of us have said the same about Wenger and his deficiencies for years.

But in this instance....what he has said about Wenger is pretty spot on. It's not a revelation though

Letters
21-03-2017, 04:00 PM
My post wasn't intended to be that serious, no idea why everyone is wetting their pants about it. Whatevz :shrug:

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Don't get me wrong i think a lot of his i told you so schtick is laughable, although at least even if he doubles down on his stupid comments he doesn't try and change history and deny saying them.

He has said he has enjoyed the defeats because he thinks it's the only way to shake people up out of their apathy, but when ultimately it's come to the same result and Wenger is staying anyway, his half baked "well the fans aren't moaning enough" armchair commentary seems rather pointless.

Does he really believe that Wenger is staying on because he thinks the fans haven't made enough fuss?.....how toxic and unpleasant does he want things to get for his own satisfaction?

Don't try and pretend like he is the only one wise about the situation when many of us have said the same about Wenger and his deficiencies for years.

But in this instance....what he has said about Wenger is pretty spot on. It's not a revelation though

I would hope not, you'd have to be a complete moron not to spot Wenger's deficiencies.

http://arsenalfantv.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/chris-launches-a-passionate-defe.jpg

Özim
21-03-2017, 04:09 PM

I wouldn't say I enjoy the defeats, but yes it seems the only way that Wenger would leave is if people revolted against his methods and since he gets a ridiculous amount of leeway it seems that that's the only thing that would work.

He's staying because he can and at the end of the day it's not great at the club but we saw the other day when only 200 fans turned up for the demonstration there's not a huge appetite to go against Wenger, for the club to feel pressure it would take a lot more than this, empty seats, demonstrations with a lot of people and clear discontent, whilst its clear to us, it seems to the upper echelongs of this club it's a mere blip they really don't care about. We know they couldn't give a toss about the fans, so just as long as the money keeps rolling in they'll just stick two fingers up and them and tell them they can be replaced by the other 10 million on the season ticket waiting list.

I'm not here to say I told you so, I'm sorry you think that's what I'm doing, I just want the man I see as one of the big problems at this club (he has been for years IMO) to go, because for me he's spoilt the enjoyment I once use to have watching Arsenal in the last decade.

Thanks no it isn't, I can't fathom why he would stay on other than because he can and because he thinks he's right and doing a good job (he's said before he decides this), trouble is because he's the one assessing his performance and he never accepts he's done wrong he's never going to think he's doing a poor job.

GP
21-03-2017, 04:18 PM
Why is everyone suddenly so serious on here? :lol:

Sand in their vaginas.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Well at least we know that hoping we lose doesn't work either. Makes not a jot of difference to Wenger if we lose or even if we get hammered and humiliated. Which is why dropping out of the top 4 won't make a blind bit of difference either.

Basically what we have here is a hostage situation with a kidnapper who refuses to negotiate.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Well at least we know that hoping we lose doesn't work either. Makes not a jot of difference to Wenger if we lose or even if we get hammered and humiliated. Which is why dropping out of the top 4 won't make a blind bit of difference either.

Basically what we have here is a hostage situation with a kidnapper who refuses to negotiate.

HA

Negotiator: Ok Arsene what do you want?
Wenger: To stay at Arsenal
Negotiator: Ok, besides that
Negotiator: Arsene....Arsene....hello?

selassie
21-03-2017, 04:30 PM

sad thing is it's true!

Letters
21-03-2017, 04:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JOGmXpe5I

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2017, 04:40 PM
I also think it's why i don't believe he's motivated by money

He's motivated by being the king of his own castle, being praised, adored and grovelled to by those around him

He's 67, when he is under no pressure to do a good job the slings and arrows are all going to bounce off

And in fairness it would for all of us. Don't get me wrong that doesn't make him any less culpable but it shows how much trouble this club is in...Kroenke is a parasite and the so-called board are just a bunch of septuagenarians bumping up their pensions.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2017, 04:43 PM
I also think it's why i don't believe he's motivated by money

He's motivated by being the king of his own castle, being praised, adored and grovelled to by those around him

He's 67, when he is under no pressure to do a good job the slings and arrows are all going to bounce off

And in fairness it would for all of us. Don't get me wrong that doesn't make him any less culpable but it shows how much trouble this club is in...Kroenke is a parasite and the so-called board are just a bunch of septuagenarians bumping up their pensions.

Arsenal has cancer.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Arsenal has cancer.

I think it's more like AIDS to be honest, if Arsenal FC is a host the people who should be the anti bodies are actually attacking the host.

It's a virus we contracted from being sodomised by David Dein, and the symptoms are Kroenke and Usmanov.

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2017, 11:03 AM
11am and this is the first post of the day :haha:

The enthusiasm with which we're greeting our glorious leader's decision to stay is less than overwhelming. It's almost as if people have lost all hopeinterest.

AFC Leveller
22-03-2017, 09:40 PM
Wenger gives some really odd interviews these days where he says a lot but doesn't actually make any sense or point. He says he wants to stay and that the club were in a much worse situation when he first joined and that he's done a good job.

Then he says a bunch of words about quality and showing what we are made of etc as if this is the first time we have been humiliated and shat on. Someone show him a dvd of the last 10 years and point out that we fail at the same stage in the same way every fucking season.

Letters
22-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Wondering if the Arsenal board orchestrated today's attack so they could quietly slip out the news that Wenger has signed the contract while everyone is looking elsewhere...

:ninja:

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Wondering if the Arsenal board orchestrated today's attack so they could quietly slip out the news that Wenger has signed the contract while everyone is looking elsewhere...

:ninja:

Don't tell the police. They'll makes arrests and close the case.

I mean, obviously do tell the police.

Globalgunner
23-03-2017, 06:40 AM
So Sanchez and Ozil contract talks have been put on hold, while Lord Wenger makes up his mind whether to stay or leave. Obviously Wenger thinks he is the most important factor at this club, not the players. We have seen this all before, difference is that no established star in his prime is going to fall for his fake sweet talk and promises of brilliant signings to complement them. A reasonable man would know that HE is the reason these 2 stars wont sign.

The club, fans and its future are entirely secondary to this mans need for relevancy even in his dotage.

"Im brilliant, he says. Arsenal never played champions league until I showed up"

KSE Comedy Club
23-03-2017, 08:36 AM
I see reports of a huge squad overhaul in the summer with Wenger staying.

Yeh right, whatever!

Wenger will stay, we will lose Sanchez & Ozil & buy some unknowns and make a tidy profit.
Then watch a repeat of every season for the last 10 years.......

Roll on the 2019 season.

Marc Overmars
23-03-2017, 08:51 AM
A squad overhaul. Didn't he say not long ago this was the best group he's ever worked with? :lol:

GP
23-03-2017, 08:55 AM
He signed every single one of them.

If they aren't good enough, whose fault is that?

Gooner23
23-03-2017, 09:42 AM
A squad overhaul. Didn't he say not long ago this was the best group he's ever worked with? :lol:

Beginning of the season I said this was the best squad we have had for years, but the manager would stop us competing. And I still stand by that, despite 1 or 2 players who are clearly not good enough I think a better manager could work with this group and have us competing.

Losing Alexis & Ozil would be a massive blow, especially if it coincides with Wenger staying on.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2017, 09:43 AM

He meant they were good blokes, a laugh. He never actually said they were decent at football.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2017, 09:44 AM
Beginning of the season I said this was the best squad we have had for years, but the manager would stop us competing. And I still stand by that, despite 1 or 2 players who are clearly not good enough I think a better manager could work with this group and have us competing.

Losing Alexis & Ozil would be a massive blow, especially if it coincides with Wenger staying on.

You're falling into the Arsenal trap. Assuming the worst when you haven't considered even worse possibilities.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2017, 10:02 AM
As we look to the next two, three years we will have an outstanding platform on which to compete with any club in the world - Ivan Gazidis 2012

Arsene is ultimately accountable to the fans—they ultimately make judgement. If you are seeing the relationship between the fans and the manager break down, that is unsustainable - Ivan Gazidis 2011

The changes [we're making] will keep us ahead of the game. Our strategy is youth development, player signings, and player retention - Ivan Gazidis 2015

We’re very confident with the new deals we’ve got coming through, although we can’t talk about that in any detail. That’s showing really positive progression. We should be able to compete at a level like a club such as Bayern Munich - Ivan Gazidis 2013

We will not accept second best. We never have. Will strive to maintain the performances that we have in the last 14 years. I think Arsène is getting it right again - Peter Hill-Wood 2011

We are keen to win leagues, pennants and cups - Sir Chips Keswick (somewhere in a far distant galaxy)

Champions League 14 years in a row, that remains the focus. Sustainable model is the right way forward for the club. The future is in our own hands - Peter Hill-Wood 2011

If you want to win championships then you would never get involved. - Stan Kroenke 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2017, 10:07 AM
‘At the moment we have not got an agreement,’ the Arsenal manager told beIN Sports when asked about Sanchez’s future.
‘We have decided to focus on the end of the season and talk about it in the summer.
‘It is the same situation with Ozil because once you don’t find an agreement and the negotiation lasts, it is not good, so it is better you get it out and sit down in the summer.’

PL TV money + Stars Leaving + Leave it to the Last Minute + No CL = Sanaogo's brother for £80mill on the last day of the window.

AFC Leveller
23-03-2017, 10:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg

June 2011, Wenger said "if you sell Cesc and Nasri, you cant then convince people you are a big club.

August 2011, Cesc and Nasri leave for Barca and City respectively.

This man is a liar and a professional spin doctor, he doesn't listen to anyone (not even himself it seems) and makes things up as he goes along.

AFC Leveller
23-03-2017, 10:38 AM
There has been a rumor doing the rounds in the last few years about how Wenger doesnt want any of our ex players/legends involved at the club because he wants to be the only one dictating shit around the place.

Id get Keown back (he was involved in that CL run 11 years ago i think), Vieira, Bergy and even Wrighty. We need these guys around the place to make sure the players know whats required and what the club means.

Gooner23
23-03-2017, 10:43 AM
To be fair quite a few have been involved in coaching and around the club; Bould, Pires, Freddie, Henry briefly. It's all irrelevant until Wenger goes though.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2017, 10:45 AM
There has been a rumor doing the rounds in the last few years about how Wenger doesnt want any of our ex players/legends involved at the club because he wants to be the only one dictating shit around the place.

Id get Keown back (he was involved in that CL run 11 years ago i think), Vieira, Bergy and even Wrighty. We need these guys around the place to make sure the players know whats required and what the club means.

Vieira wouldn't come back now. He's mentioned in the papers today as a guy who is quietly making a name for himself. Why would he come back here and put up with Wenger's shite? Bergy is too smart for that too. Wrighty is a celeb now. And Keown has far too much respect for Wenger, he'd vanish instantly like Bould did. Wenger would do to them what he's done to the team, neuter them. Wenger has to leave before anything else will work.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2017, 10:47 AM
To be fair quite a few have been involved in coaching and around the club; Bould, Pires, Freddie, Henry briefly. It's all irrelevant until Wenger goes though.

Pires might be here - but do you really think he's been advising our shy wingers to play the way they have been playing? Refusing to take their opponent on, tapping the ball square, working at a snail's pace? I can't see anyone's influence bar Wenger's on this team.

Marc Overmars
23-03-2017, 10:56 AM
I think Pires just trains with us to keep fit.

They're all token gestures and roles, no one has a voice except for Wenger.

selassie
23-03-2017, 11:18 AM

Exactly, so ironic, especially given it's 100% his squad.

I wouldn't trust him to buy a player in one position to improve the team let alone rebuild the squad!!!

Özim
23-03-2017, 11:20 AM

The guy always comes out with nonsense like this, is he ever honest about anything, for him his players are the best players around, I know people say all managers talk nonsense but this guy takes the biscuit tbh.

I can remember when he was bringing through the kids and kept saying we don't need signings because we have x,y and z back (they were bloody good to be fair) and the kids will have one more years experience so will be better, then he eventually said this is the year....never panned out though, we collpased like we always do.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-03-2017, 11:47 AM
http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php?section=exclusive&id=3622#.WNOudhDS4TU

Interesting article and suggests that as i have stated Dein was far from being the White Knight we have all taken him to be.

Though it also paints Danny Fiszman is a rather unflattering light as well

Letters
23-03-2017, 02:46 PM
He signed every single one of them.

If they aren't good enough, whose fault is that?

I think they are mostly good enough, they're just not motivated and not playing for each other. IMO this is the best squad we've had for a long time.

GP
23-03-2017, 02:51 PM
I think they are mostly good enough, they're just not motivated and not playing for each other. IMO this is the best squad we've had for a long time.

I agree. I don't like the talk of a clearout. I think we're in danger of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Letters
23-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Has Wenger even said he's going to have a clear-out this summer or is this just vague paper-talk?

GP
23-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Dunno. He was on his way to the bottle bank the last I heard.

Özim
23-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Doesn't bode well, no doubt he'll waste another 90 million on some nobodies rather than going for the real deal. Can't trust the guy, don't give him a penny won't make a difference anyway, he shouldn't even still be in charge.

Özim
23-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Apparently they turned him away, told him is was glass bottles only. He allegedly he told them he had the best bottles in the world, however when they inspected them they were plastic and cheap with fake labels on them.

When they challenged him on this he got all defensive and said he almost bought Crystel champagne.

Xhaka Can’t
23-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Ok

Özim
23-03-2017, 03:59 PM
Ok

They didn't think so, they turned him away.

KSE Comedy Club
23-03-2017, 04:07 PM
There wont be a clear out, there never is tbh, except for the 'also-rans' and other project youth players who we only buy cheap to sell on for profit.

We will only end up losing our best players and buying cheap tat to replace them.

Then Wenger will waffle on like a drunken old hobo, about how he has managed 1 million passes, 34 throw ins and 200 FK's and 'how many have you managed!?' every time he is questioned.

What a depressing state of affairs this all is. Wenger is becoming a hated man and that is a real shame after all he has done for the club and English football in general.

But he only has himself to blame, no sympathy from my corner I'm afraid.

GP
23-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Bake him away, toys.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Rumours floating about on Twitter that not only is there a dressing room schism but one at board level and that Gazidis and Keswick will walk if Wenger stays

I can perhaps believe this in the case of Gazidis but i think Keswick cares only about his pension and aeroplanes

GP
24-03-2017, 11:31 AM
I thought Mr Chips paid for the Wenger In banner?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-03-2017, 11:45 AM
I thought Mr Chips paid for the Wenger In banner?

Yep, that's why I'm inclined to think the story is bullshit. Especially anything pertaining to Blue Chips Keswick

Letters
24-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Rumours floating about on Twitter that not only is there a dressing room schism but one at board level and that Gazidis and Keswick will walk if Wenger stays

I can perhaps believe this in the case of Gazidis but i think Keswick cares only about his pension and aeroplanes

Not sure Twitter is a very reliable source but aren't the board Wenger's boss (in theory). How have they let this become Wenger's decision?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-03-2017, 11:54 AM
Not sure Twitter is a very reliable source but aren't the board Wenger's boss (in theory). How have they let this become Wenger's decision?

They have said themselves that there is not a traditional board structure, which means they have no actual power....they serve at the pleasure of the majority share holder.....i don't know enough to say for definite but Gazidis who is meant to be Wenger's boss probably doesn't like it being Wenger's decision.

Marc Overmars
24-03-2017, 09:53 PM
I reckon Gazidis is absolutely desperate for him to walk.

However as each week goes on, the lack of an announcement likely means he is staying.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2017, 01:41 AM

In which case, Wenger In.

If Wenger can do one last useful thing for the club, albeit inadvertently, and rid us of these two then it's a major victory clenched in the jaws of defeat. Yes, Wenger staying is a massive blow, but he was staying anyway. I expected nothing, now maybe we get a consolation prize.

Gooner23
25-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Really? Surely they are just puppets, who can be replaced by more puppets. Stan and Wenger are the two I'd most like to do one.

AFC Leveller
26-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Why hasnt the manager announced what hes doing yet? does he think a victory over City or any other team would be enough and wipe away all his errors? I think he should take responsibility and reveal his intentions now and be man enough to accept criticism.

Its not his club and the fans deserve some respect and clarity.

AFC Leveller
26-03-2017, 12:02 PM
I reckon Gazidis is absolutely desperate for him to walk.

However as each week goes on, the lack of an announcement likely means he is staying.

wasnt Wenger part of the committee that interviewed Gazidis when he joined? I think as a CEO he probably feels undermined by AW because of how much protection he has but he shouldnt have accepted the role if he knew from day one that Wenger is untouchable.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-03-2017, 12:10 PM
wasnt Wenger part of the committee that interviewed Gazidis when he joined? I think as a CEO he probably feels undermined by AW because of how much protection he has but he shouldnt have accepted the role if he knew from day one that Wenger is untouchable.

I think the point was he expected to have the power and influence when Wenger went

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2017, 04:51 PM
I think the point was he expected to have the power and influence when Wenger went

He was naive if he thought Wenger would ever leave.

What's required now is for them all to leave. Pronto. They've made a shitty mess of everything. Not from a shareholder's point of view, of course, but in terms of football. They;re all utterly incompetent.

selassie
27-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Why hasnt the manager announced what hes doing yet? does he think a victory over City or any other team would be enough and wipe away all his errors? I think he should take responsibility and reveal his intentions now and be man enough to accept criticism.

Its not his club and the fans deserve some respect and clarity.

I totally agree. However he doesn't seem to think he is doing anything wrong, there are no errors in his eyes, everybody is over-reacting.

It's garbage in garbage out...when it comes to Wenger.

This whole "Will he won't he saga" sums him up, he's a selfish arrogant man...none of this is about Arsenal, it's all about him.

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Don't care any more. And this is the danger the club is facing. People will get bored of this shit, bored and then resentful at being treated like idiots. People will move on and find other interests. If they are happy to say goodbye to the older fans and think they can get away with a fresh batch of younger replacements then they haven't done their homework. Millennials and Generation Zombie don't have staying power. Their attention spans are short and fickle, they are easily distracted by the next big thing. Plainly, under Wenger and this board Arsenal isn't even close to being the next big thing. So good luck with taking the piss out of the fans who have been with you for decades. Let's see how that works out for you.

Xhaka Can’t
27-03-2017, 06:47 PM
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/chris-butler

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2017, 08:52 PM
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/chris-butler

178 fans out of 60,100 (officially), 54,222 (in earthling numbers)

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2017, 09:26 AM
'I am very clear in my mind. Do I stay two months or two years, my commitment will be exactly the same.
'I have always been very clear in my mind and will remain like that, but it is a subject that is not completely sorted out.'

What is this all about? This big secret that only Wenger knows and that, somehow, he has managed to persuade the board, the fans, the media to tolerate.

WHY IS IT UP TO HIM FFS!

How is he getting away with this? How lame must our board be? Why hasn't one single journo has the balls to ask him, who made you God?

'Our season will be decided by the next two months but as well by the ability and strength we can show together to fight and come back.
'We had a deficit at West Brom on that front. Our future will be decided by our mental qualities.'

No way does Wenger forget about 10 years of this shit. But he seems to assume we do forget. How is he allowed to roll this turd out over and over again after all the failures and all the repeats?

What a ridiculous club.

Marc Overmars
30-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Our future will be decided by our mental qualities? Well, we're absolutely fucked then.

Just make an official announcement and be done with it FFS. Sick of being beholden to him.

selassie
30-03-2017, 09:39 AM
What is this all about? This big secret that only Wenger knows and that, somehow, he has managed to persuade the board, the fans, the media to tolerate.

WHY IS IT UP TO HIM FFS!

How is he getting away with this? How lame must our board be? Why hasn't one single journo has the balls to ask him, who made you God?

No way does Wenger forget about 10 years of this shit. But he seems to assume we do forget. How is he allowed to roll this turd out over and over again after all the failures and all the repeats?

What a ridiculous club.

He's basically saying I call the shots and I'll do what I want.

It's true that our season will be decided in the next two months...but you could argue it's already been decided because we don't have a plan or strategy...we are basically going into this run-in throwing mud at the wall hoping it sticks....

Globalgunner
30-03-2017, 01:43 PM
The man is a deluded, narcissistic moron who just cobbles words together that make literally no sense when he is trying to wriggle out of being cornered.
"What is important that we focus on our objectives at reaching almost near the apex of our sport and peaking asymptotically with the apogee of points accumulation that will enable maximum accrual against our overall objectives of reaching the same plateau of peak performance next season. i sincerely believe we have the inherent quality to reach this totem pole of our club aims".

Niall_Quinn
30-03-2017, 02:14 PM
The man is a deluded, narcissistic moron who just cobbles words together that make literally no sense when he is trying to wriggle out of being cornered.
"What is important that we focus on our objectives at reaching almost near the apex of our sport and peaking asymptotically with the apogee of points accumulation that will enable maximum accrual against our overall objectives of reaching the same plateau of peak performance next season. i sincerely believe we have the inherent quality to reach this totem pole of our club aims".

Hard to tell the difference between the joke and the reality. Sure sounds a lot like him.

Niall_Quinn
31-03-2017, 09:46 AM
'This is typical of the lack of leadership and direction at Arsenal. No one is making any decisions. Who's running the club? Arsene is, obviously.
'He's in the position where he can just do what he wants. He should be forced to say what he's going to do.
'Somebody upstairs should be telling him: "Either you're staying or you're going. You must make an announcement".
'They're fat cats, business people. The club's just a massive cash cow to those people. All they're doing is ignoring the way fans feel.'

Wrighty :good:

Marc Overmars
31-03-2017, 10:13 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10818646/arsene-wenger-exclusive-qa-arsenal-boss-on-his-future-and-whats-going-wrong

The latest mumbo jumbo from the loon.

Letters
31-03-2017, 10:40 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10818646/arsene-wenger-exclusive-qa-arsenal-boss-on-his-future-and-whats-going-wrong

The latest mumbo jumbo from the loon.

What do you disagree with in what he says?

Marc Overmars
31-03-2017, 10:43 AM
In the first question he talks about the team suffering from a lack of a confidence and belief. Then he follows that up by saying it's the first time it's happened to us and the team are not used to dealing with it.

What???

But to tell you the truth I haven't read most of it. It was quite depth so I left it there for anyone who wants to read it.
I presumed there was some nonsense said, which lets face it is a pretty fair presumption to make when it comes to anything he has to say these days.

Letters
31-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Objectivity :rose:

Marc Overmars
31-03-2017, 11:10 AM
He's got away with murder under the guise of objectivity from patient fans for many years.

Letters
31-03-2017, 11:21 AM
The number of times I see people on here angrily reacting to things he says on here when, if you look at them, they're pretty benign or just stating the obvious.
Pretty silly really.

GP
31-03-2017, 11:26 AM
I think the problem is, no one really cares what he has to say any more.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
31-03-2017, 11:28 AM
He's pretty much admitted he's staying though

I think the problem is journalists ask the wrong question, the question is not whether the uncertainty of his contract is causing this lack of form but whether the players no longer care enough and are actually playing for him.