PDA

View Full Version : Does our season seem much worse because.....

Chippy
19-04-2017, 02:59 PM
The Scum are doing so well?

I am having sleepless nights because in my opinion they are capable of over taking Chelsea at the top, and dare I say it....have a shot at the double. :upset:

I have depressed myself further now.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Don't really care about what Spurs are doing in all honesty. The fact is that with six games remaining, Chelsea have four of those games at home.....and Spurs have to hope that Chelsea drop points whilst Spurs cannot drop points playing us, united, palace, west ham, hull and leicester.

Chelsea have made it slightly interesting but Spurs won't win the title.

Our season is bad because our football has been awful, the results have been indefensible and the players don't appear to be trying. Spurs don't have great players but play as a team.

fakeyank
19-04-2017, 03:07 PM
May be thats a good thing. I cannot see how Wenger's position will be tenable if Spurs win the title. While I hate to see the scum win, if this means our club takes some drastic measures to catch up and challenge for the title, I am all for it. It'll put to rest once and for all the money excuse given by Wenger and his minions.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-04-2017, 03:09 PM
May be thats a good thing. I cannot see how Wenger's position will be tenable if Spurs win the title. While I hate to see the scum win, if this means our club takes some drastic measures to catch up and challenge for the title, I am all for it. It'll put to rest once and for all the money excuse given by Wenger and his minions.

I don't think what Spurs do or do not achieve will have any bearing on Wenger's future

Man City, Spurs, Man United, Stoke - those are the games that are the test for Wenger, if he loses all of those which on current form we would. I don't think there is any saving himself.

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2017, 03:38 PM
The old rivalry with the spuds seems about as pale as everything else that used to be worthwhile at this club tbh. More and more I find myself greeting every new Arsenal problem and dilemma with, "So what?" The club doesn't give a flying fuck about the fans and it's debatable of more that a handful of the players give a fuck about the fans either. So it's a bit difficult to give a fuck about them.

I know Kroenke and Wenger and half the players at least won't give a shit about finishing below the spuds. Some of them might put on a show before leaping into expensive cars bound for mansions. I have every faith they'll somehow get over the deep pain, in 1 minute flat. Wenger will probably be sitting there smugly purring, "Will I stay, will I go - Soon you will know (grin)." Kroekne will be asking what a Totten Ham is and what sort of sauce goes with it. Alexis will be checking out his offers and deciding where to go. Maybe Jack will be a bit pissed (physically as well as emotionally) but he'll be busy with his new contract too and his latest round of treatment. I honestly think Thierry Henry and Ian Wright will be ten times as affected as any of the players we have here now.

So me? I don't know any spuds, don't read anything about them, don't watch their games. The only way it will affect me is when I see BT's new 2017/18 previews taking the piss, and listen to the pundits mention it 10 times during each of our games next season. Things like this were a problem when we could actually compete. But now that we've stopped doing that it's not really surprising we'll finish below them. If Wenger's staying we should get used to it.

They won't win the title though. I'm confident they have a good collapse left in them. They always do. But it won't be enough of a collapse for a bag of shit like our lot to somehow haul ourselves above them. So what?

Chippy
19-04-2017, 04:16 PM

Good point, mind you, Leicester winning the title last year should have put the money argument to bed.

Ps. I work with a few spuds and my days would be hell if they win it :(

Marc Overmars
19-04-2017, 06:52 PM
We're further away than we've ever been from being competitive, so even if Spurs were nowhere to be seen our season would still be absolutely shit.

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2017, 07:10 PM
It'll all be different next season. Especially now we are playing 3 at the back.

GP
19-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Fuck tottnum

selassie
19-04-2017, 08:32 PM
The Scum are doing so well?

I am having sleepless nights because in my opinion they are capable of over taking Chelsea at the top, and dare I say it....have a shot at the double. :upset:

I have depressed myself further now.

They are capable of overhauling Chelsea but I don't think they will. I think both teams will drop points in the run-in but I think Chelsea will stumble over the line.

Seeing the Scum do so well hurts but seeing us Collapse season after season through no fault of our own is worse. Last season should have served as a wake up call, last season's collapse took some topping but yet here we are discussing this season's collapse which is a lot worse IMO.

Basically we are f*cked until he goes and I actually don't think we will bridge the gap on the Scum until he goes.

Letters
20-04-2017, 08:07 AM
Spurs doing so well - looking like such a good side and good to watch - is certainly not helping.
I don't think they will overhaul Chelsea, they have a much harder run-in so it's still Chelsea's to lose.
But actually, they were dangerously close to winning the title last year too so that's not different from last year.
Interestingly we're actually only one point worse off than we were at this stage last year, but it does feel a lot worse.
Maybe it's because it just looks like the players have given up, maybe it's just a cumulative thing and every disappointing season feels worse than the last disappointing season.

:ilt:

Letters
20-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Oh also, because all the big sides failed last year we were never a million miles away from Leicester or Spurs, this year they're back so I think that's partly why it feels worse.
Right now we're in 6th, 18 points off the top. This time last year with only one more point we were 3rd, 8 points off the top.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Spurs doing so well - looking like such a good side and good to watch - is certainly not helping.
I don't think they will overhaul Chelsea, they have a much harder run-in so it's still Chelsea's to lose.
But actually, they were dangerously close to winning the title last year too so that's not different from last year.
Interestingly we're actually only one point worse off than we were at this stage last year, but it does feel a lot worse.
Maybe it's because it just looks like the players have given up, maybe it's just a cumulative thing and every disappointing season feels worse than the last disappointing season.

Comparing points accumulation from one season to another is a mug's game, last season we finished 2nd with just over 70 points which is the first time that's happened in about 15-16 years.

This season in terms of performances is far, far worse than last season. 7 points from our last nine away games in the league.......that's relegation form.

Marc Overmars
20-04-2017, 08:20 AM
My one last hope for the season is that it would be hilarious if in the year they finally finished above us, we went on to beat them in the cup final. That would sting. :lol:

Letters
20-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Comparing points accumulation from one season to another is a mug's game, last season we finished 2nd with just over 70 points which is the first time that's happened in about 15-16 years.

This season in terms of performances is far, far worse than last season. 7 points from our last nine away games in the league.......that's relegation form.

That was the point of my 2nd post. We have more-or-less the same points but last year we were poor but it was masked by everyone else being even poorer. This year it hasn't been.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Not interested in us winning any more games this season, I think Wenger needs to be humbled if at all possible. If he signs a new contract he should have nothing to cling to, nothing he can spin it with.

Needs to be exposed for the selfish old man that he is

Niall_Quinn
20-04-2017, 08:44 AM
My one last hope for the season is that it would be hilarious if in the year they finally finished above us, we went on to beat them in the cup final. That would sting. :lol:

Two outrageously dodgy pens in the last minute to beat them 3-2 in the final, just as they are celebrating the win. Then Alli and Kane announcing they are off to Madrid and Poch packing it in to go to Barca. And their new stadium turns out to have 59,999 seats because somebody miscounted.

Chippy
20-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Two outrageously dodgy pens in the last minute to beat them 3-2 in the final, just as they are celebrating the win. Then Alli and Kane announcing they are off to Madrid and Poch packing it in to go to Barca. And their new stadium turns out to have 59,999 seats because somebody miscounted.

This would be worth all of the pain that we have been through!

KSE Comedy Club
20-04-2017, 02:31 PM
Our season seems worse because other teams have done better & mainly because it is worse - for us anyway.

Good luck to the scum if they win it - they have played better and more consistently than us, and more importantly, they seem to be more interested in the 'goals for' stat than the 'possession' stat.

Letters
20-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Tbh, if Spurs do win it with their run in then fair play to them. They are looking like a properly good team right now and, much as we might not want to admit it, they're far better than us to watch.

Munchies
20-04-2017, 04:40 PM
It'll all be different next season. Especially now we are playing 3 at the back.

This post cracked me up, bravo :haha:

Coney
23-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Tbh, if Spurs do win it with their run in then fair play to them. They are looking like a properly good team right now and, much as we might not want to admit it, they're far better than us to watch.

Well, far better to watch when they have 4 put past them.

Letters
23-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Well, far better to watch when they have 4 put past them.

:lol: