PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Man City (FA Cup, neutral).

McNamara That Ghost...
23-04-2017, 04:47 PM
In to our 20th final. :scarf:

Well done Ox, Monreal and Alexis and some others.

Arteta. :haha:

Marc Overmars
23-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Typical first half that demonstrated why we've been so bad over the last couple of months.

Then we really stepped it up and found some composure and fight. Rode our luck at times but we fully deserved that.

Well done to everyone. :scarf:

GP
23-04-2017, 04:52 PM
SHE WORE!

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 04:53 PM
FUCK OFF WENGER YOU CUNT

Great job lads!

Master Splinter
23-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Holding is awlsome. Has barely done anything wrong whenever he's played. But as well you know he did not cost £68 million.

Benched on Wednesday and on loan to Brighton next season then?

The team played well, apart from Welbz and Ozil who defended stoutly for Citeh. Bif was crap too tbf.

Arteta :haha:.

Ernesto
23-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Come on Arsenal, please beat chelsea in a big game. It'll go some way to exorcising the ghosts of that CL game and many other oh so shit performances against them since then

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Holding is awlsome. Has barely done anything wrong whenever he's played. But as well you know he did not cost £68 million.

Benched on Wednesday and on loan to Brighton next season then?

The team played well, apart from Welbz and Ozil who defended stoutly for Citeh. Bif was crap too tbf.

Arteta :haha:.

Holding did really well. But I have every confidence Wenger can destroy him.

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 04:56 PM
That cunt Wenger is on now, trying to pretend he had anything to do with this.

Master Splinter
23-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Wenger :bow:.

Dicks and chicks
23-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Welbeck needs to go, so does Giroud. Holding cost £1.5 million and has more good performances this season than 50mil John stones.

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Welbeck needs to go, so does Giroud. Holding cost £1.5 million and has more good performances this season than 50mil John stones.

This is OBVIOUS, to anyone bar an incompetent manager.

Marc Overmars
23-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Today certainly gives me some encouragement that we will slug it out with Spurs next week. I did fear a pasting but if we can replicate what we did today we should be able to get a result.

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Today certainly gives me some encouragement that we will slug it out with Spurs next week. I did fear a pasting but if we can replicate what we did today we should be able to get a result.

No. Because Poch is not Pep. We need MORE for next week. No doubt.

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Who here said - I'd LOVE to see Pep in the pL? Why did we say that? Because it was OBVIOUS!

Power n Glory
23-04-2017, 05:10 PM

Welbeck needs to give up this striker dream. Woeful. Lucky Sanchez was there to mop up that chance.

dostoy
23-04-2017, 05:10 PM
I don't know what to say, apart from I want Wenger out and ANYTHING else is secondary.

They will not beat Chelsea of course.

Where was this performance when they were shit so many times in the last few months ?

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Welbeck needs to give up this striker dream. Woeful. Lucky Sanchez was there to mop up that chance.

You mean our fucking GOLDEN BOOT striker? That Wenger sabotaged?

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 05:12 PM
I don't know what to say, apart from I want Wenger out and ANYTHING else is secondary.

Where was this performance when they were shit so many times in the last few months ?

True dat.

Power n Glory
23-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Who here said - I'd LOVE to see Pep in the pL? Why did we say that? Because it was OBVIOUS!

When Pep moved from Barca to Bayern, that's when I lost some respect for him. Chose Bayern after they won the triple and then decimated their closes rivals by poaching Dortmunds best players. Not even a challenge.

Ernesto
23-04-2017, 05:14 PM

There really isn't much between us and Manchester City. We're dangerously similar in terms of weaknesses and if we played them 10 times, we'd probably win 4 each and draw the other 2.

We rode our luck a little today. The linesman must've been a Manchester United fan. In the first half, as has been mentioned, a more "up-for-it" team (e.g. Palace) would've torn us apart

Marc Overmars
23-04-2017, 05:37 PM

Never going to be a competent striker. Just doesn't seem to gobble up those chances in and around the box. He's much better using his athleticism out wide and stretching opponents.

Fergie deployed him 'to do a job' because he's a monster of an athlete, but he never relied on him for goals.

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 05:44 PM
That lump of shit Giroud needs to go. If we can't manage at least that, then fuck it.

AFC Leveller
23-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Credit to the manager for getting his tactics and formation right, albeit 10 years too late.

We lol more solid and comfortable with a back 3.

Feel more confident ahead of the NLD next week.

Globalgunner
23-04-2017, 06:15 PM
The midfield combo of Ramsey and Xhaka will get murdered by the Spuds. It has to be Ox and anyone else with Bellerin in the wide FB role. Ramsey is poo.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-04-2017, 06:35 PM

https://twitter.com/th14Renato/status/856194929177108480

:lol:

GP
23-04-2017, 06:40 PM
He's looked better than Stones whenever I've seen him play.

Letters
23-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Wenger :bow:

AFC Leveller
23-04-2017, 07:52 PM
Is it me or did Cech looked like he didn't even try for the city goal?

selassie
23-04-2017, 08:01 PM
The boys done good. I thought we were dreadful first half and was kind of fearing a second half pasting but we really stepped up second half. We did ride our luck at times but it was a pretty decent performance in the end, a lot of huffing and puffing....but so what, we did what we needed to do!

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 08:04 PM
He's looked better than Stones whenever I've seen him play.

Stones is what you find in cow shit to help with digestion.

Alpha
23-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Considering the confidence of the team is very low these days, this is a massive win . With a bit of common sense I celebrate it and enjoy it instead of moaning or looking for a scapegoat. Happy day for me .:scarf:

Globalgunner
23-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Barcelona cant defend for Toffee.
Wrong tab. My bad

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Barcelona cant defend for Toffee.

We are like Barcelona :bow:

Marc Overmars
23-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Is it me or did Cech looked like he didn't even try for the city goal?

I mentioned in the match thread I thought he could have nipped in. It was a heavy touch from Aguero and I think if Cech had gambled he might have beat him to the punch. He sort of half rushed out but then decided to stand his ground which gave Aguero that extra half a second to shoot.

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Cech also made a brilliant save. So swings and roundabouts.

LDG
23-04-2017, 08:37 PM
SHE WORE!

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 08:39 PM
SHE WORE!

Shoes.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-04-2017, 08:43 PM
As a keeper myself (mostly/best position) I reckon it isn't a save you would be expected to make but one that I would have. That was my immediate blinkered reaction. He was sold out by the outfield players though.

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2017, 08:56 PM
I think, judging by the team interviews, they are expecting idol worship. Almost as if this season hasn't existed.

Sorry lads. On the road to redemption we are on the first step of 1,000 steps. No awards or medals yet. But keep going.

Edinburgh Gooner
23-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Does a final place guarantee us Thursday night Europa dross?

Marc Overmars
23-04-2017, 09:43 PM
Does a final place guarantee us Thursday night Europa dross?

No I think you have to win it now to qualify.

Edinburgh Gooner
23-04-2017, 10:11 PM
So if Chelsea won it, the place would go to 6th place with 7th going through qualifying?

Letters
23-04-2017, 10:20 PM
I think, judging by the team interviews, they are expecting idol worship. Almost as if this season hasn't existed.

Sorry lads. On the road to redemption we are on the first step of 1,000 steps. No awards or medals yet. But keep going.

What did they say that makes you think that?

Maybe they're just pleased about a win in a big game and a forthcoming FA Cup Final? :shrug:

Marc Overmars
23-04-2017, 10:22 PM
I think 6th place is already a EL spot with United going through as League Cup winners.

Fuck knows really. We're probably going to fluke 4th after today anyway.

Edinburgh Gooner
24-04-2017, 08:12 AM
I think 6th place is already a EL spot with United going through as League Cup winners.

Apparently there is no place in Europa league for league cup wieners. If utd win Europa and finish outside top 4, there will be 5 teams from epl in cl, with 4th and utd going through play off. Fa cup winners and 5th go to group stage of Europa with 6th going through qualifying. Thank Wikipedia for that lol

selassie
24-04-2017, 08:53 AM

It would be hilarious if we made top 4 and won the FA Cup. It's a tall order but not actually impossible.

We have a really tough run-in though, I think we would need to win every game to make top 4 so it's highly unlikely.

Özim
24-04-2017, 08:53 AM
It was a good win yesterday, an unexpected one so credit where credit is due, however we still have Chelsea to overcome, which we won't IMO as they are a different kettle of fish to Man City who Guardiola is doing a poor job with so far (he's been really shown up this season, always thought he was overrated and has had it easy so far, IMO he was a failure at Bayern as his predecessor landed the CL and the treble, he never came close to winning the CL however).

As expected though Wenger is now sure he has proved the critics wrong with one match against a side who aren't all that great if we're honest, he thinks one game is enough to prove everyone wrong :rolleyes:

Arsene Wenger believes Arsenal answered their critics with a "strong and united" performance as they beat Manchester City to reach a third FA Cup final in four years.

Alexis Sanchez scored an extra-time winner as the Gunners came from behind to win 2-1 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39612222) and reach a record 20th final - and an eighth under Wenger.

"People questioned us, we went through tough times," Wenger said.

"You can be divided or united and we have shown the right response."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39688031

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39688031)
Regardless of what happens he this has been a terrible season, but it only takes one game for Mr Wenger to think otherwise.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2017, 09:19 AM
The right response is to finish the season strongly and win the cup. Anything else is complete failure.

Yesterday will swiftly be forgotten about if we don't beat Leicester and don't make life difficult for Spurs.