77% possession :bow:

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2017, 06:33 PM
77% possession :bow:

Didn't realise that.

Ideal.

gunnerrrrr
19-08-2017, 06:34 PM
The biggest issue is midfield...we just look weak and devoid of any real skill within there.

I have no idea how that useless idiot solves this, but getting Carzola fit or buying a like player would be a start.

Welbeck doesn't know his job, he is desperate to play down the middle and keeps getting in Lacazetts way.

Ozil out wide in this system is pointless. He's better off on the bench but that won't happen.

We got loads of problems and issues that stem from a club living in the past.

hobson's choice
19-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Saw Ramsey in the starting lineup, and my head already dropped.

Lacazette wishing he waited till January to sign with Atletico:banghead:

Marc Overmars
19-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Another "title challenge" off to a flier then. Yawn.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Keown goes straight into Wenger cocksucking mode and blames Ozil.

Why are these guys so afraid of the cunt?

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Ozil's been here 3 years you cocks!

How long has that cunt Wenger been here?

And it was exactly the same BEFORE Ozil arrived.

So shut the fuck up Keown. Stop making excuses. What happened to the balls you used to have when you were on the pitch?

Who is going to have the guts to talk about this manager?

selassie
19-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Sighs.......

I wonder if we will be having the same discussions this time next season :rolleyes:

topgun
19-08-2017, 06:44 PM
That selfish cunt Wenger.

It all starts again. Same old shit.

Hate saying it but nothing has changed,can't keep a clean sheet and look weak. we are not going to compete and will concede a hat full of goal's again.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2017, 06:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oR79ja1u-o

The Emirates Gallactico
19-08-2017, 06:47 PM
tbf I'd be happy to see the back of Ozil. Complete charlatan.

Oh well we all know nothings going to change for two years at least.

Enjoy the fight for fourth place on the last day.

hobson's choice
19-08-2017, 06:54 PM

Him, Welbeck, and Ramsey would the top of my list. With, Ramsey I've never seen a player so determined to play every position but the one he's sent out there to play.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Wengerbot...

Plenty of chances - didn't score.
Must not make defensive mistake - we made a mistake.
After that we didn't move the ball quickly.
On top of that goal was not offside - very easy decision.
We gave them a goal.
You need always to improve the connections with the players - not convinced by central defence.
Thought it was a penalty - what can I do?
I believe that some teams will get there so this is points dropped.

------

Not bad. So now the challenge. See if you can find any other post match interview where he rolled out the same old shit. Highest number of matches wins.

He says all this stuff almost as if he's never said it a hundred times already. It's crazy.

Letters
19-08-2017, 07:14 PM
I tell ya, my new method of following Arsenal which basically entails looking up the result after the game, going "Oh" and getting on with my day is way less stressful.
You should try it sometime.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2017, 07:25 PM
No way. Every individual voice in the anti-Wenger army plays a small part. Wenger and the thieves in charge would love to see disillusioned and wide awake fans of the club go and not come back. And whatever those cunts want, it's a pleasure to do the exact opposite.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2017, 07:28 PM
This:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/19/19/4363817E00000578-4805486-image-a-21_1503166909291.jpg

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Became this:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/19/19/4363817000000578-4805486-image-a-22_1503166912445.jpg

How embarrassing, you cheating cunt.

AFC Leveller
19-08-2017, 07:35 PM
2 games in, already conceded 4 goals. Wenger can never organise a defence and it's already looking like this season is a write off.

Playing a wing back as CB (kolas) when he's never played there and Montreal as the main CB when the club captain is on the bench ffs!

lacazette will score goals im sure, that disallowed goal showed us what he's all about. Problem is wenger and there is no point/hope as long as he's here.

selassie
19-08-2017, 07:39 PM
No way. Every individual voice in the anti-Wenger army plays a small part. Wenger and the thieves in charge would love to see disillusioned and wide awake fans of the club go and not come back. And whatever those cunts want, it's a pleasure to do the exact opposite.

I've gotten to the stage now where I hope we crash and burn if it means Wenger leaving. I'd happily take a mid table finish and the contract rebels amongst others walking out on free transfers if it meant Wenger walking.

Cant take another season of this and I honestly don't think we'll do much anyway this season so I'd rather we fail spectacularly if it meant change.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2017, 07:44 PM
I've gotten to the stage now where I hope we crash and burn if it means Wenger leaving. I'd happily take a mid table finish and the contract rebels amongst others walking out on free transfers if it meant Wenger walking.

Cant take another season of this and I honestly don't think we'll do much anyway this season so I'd rather we fail spectacularly if it meant change.

We'd have to get relegated before Wenger walks. He'll do whatever it takes, regardless of the cost to the club, to stay in charge here. Making his life as much of a misery as it is possible to make it is the only way to get him out, and even then he's so delusional he probably thinks everyone is cheering him.

topgun
19-08-2017, 08:26 PM

Sadly that's the point I've reached as well.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2017, 09:24 PM
I already see the pro-Wenger lot going on about one single loss, and overreaction, and Stoke being a hard place to get points. All total bullshit. They deliberately refuse to recognise the slow winding up of the same old shitty series of events, the same mistakes, the same crazy tactics, the same old Wenger playing everyone out of position, the boring and pointless play, the lack of ambition, the bollocks transfer window, the same crappy Wenger quotes. These Wenger drones are 11 years into this crushing trudge through mediocrity and they still think we are on the verge of a Wenger renaissance. It's incredible how anyone can be that gullible.

rodders
19-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Frankly I no longer care! Never thought I would ever feel like that.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2017, 09:55 PM
The whole world begging Wenger to either change or fuck off.

Coppell seems to have the old goat twigged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSYe8VbHpg8

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2017, 10:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnQ7Z1oeyIo

No further signings then. I guess they need to claw back the money they spent (kicking and screaming) on Lacazette.

Marc Overmars
19-08-2017, 10:56 PM
I tell ya, my new method of following Arsenal which basically entails looking up the result after the game, going "Oh" and getting on with my day is way less stressful.
You should try it sometime.

Yep. Felt nothing when we beat Leicester (aside from winning some money on a bet I made) and felt nothing after seeing the result today.

Absolutely no chance am I hopping back on this oh so predictable merry-go-round until I feel there is substantional change afoot. With that bloke here for another 2 years I imagine it will be a while still.

It's the hope that kills you and we were killed a long time ago! I've even surprised myself with how strong my apathy is right now.

Power n Glory
19-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Signs a left back (Kolasanic) and decides to plays him as a centre back. Moves our natural right back (Bellerin) to play as our left back. Continues to play a kid (Ox)that has predominantly been trained as a winger for us, as a right back. It's even funnier because when we bought this kid he was playing as a CM for Southampton....:doh: You can't make this shit up.

Oh. Let's not forget this one. Out of the 3 CB defence, he decided to a play a midget left back (Monreal) as the key central CB that anchors the back line over Mustafi? Really?

Wenger can't help himself. An absolute bafooon that has no business managing.

Letters
20-08-2017, 06:33 AM
Yep. Felt nothing when we beat Leicester (aside from winning some money on a bet I made) and felt nothing after seeing the result today.

Absolutely no chance am I hopping back on this oh so predictable merry-go-round until I feel there is substantional change afoot. With that bloke here for another 2 years I imagine it will be a while still.

It's the hope that kills you and we were killed a long time ago! I've even surprised myself with how strong my apathy is right now.

I can't say I feel nothing. I did follow the Leicester game a little bit via the BBC, was genuinely irritated when I saw we'd gone 2-3 down and genuinely pleased when I saw we'd won and it induced me to watch the highlights. Yesterday I didn't follow it at all, a friend WhatsApp'd me at the end. His message didn't say the score but implied it was business as usual which made me think we'd lost so I did then look up the score. But it didn't ruin my day. Genuinely not that fussed any more. Will keep an eye on things this year as I did last but I won't be following it closely. Have no idea who we are playing next or when and won't be watching whoever it is.

Özim
20-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Same old same old, we know the problem, nothing is ever going to change, awful transfer window, no changes since last season, every other club makes changes when things aren't working....but not this club we just give the manager a new contracts and spend all summer doing precious little other than watching players go here and go there.

Noone can say they are surprised by this, we've got a 2nd rate manager, players who don't want to be at the club anymore and an unwillingness to spend money.

Özim
20-08-2017, 07:38 AM

He's untouchable, last season showed that, he'll stay as long as he wants to and he wants to stay for the foreseeable future.

Globalgunner
20-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Inevitably, given enough time, the moron will either relegate this club or leave us in mid table obscurity. The self centred ass probably thinks we owe him at least one relegation dogfight given how many years he has served with "distinction".

Its pretty obvious his strategy is to hope he can prevail on Sanchez to give him one more season, knowing full well he is our and his Get out of jail card. With Sanchez playing yesterday we could have conceivably won that game. I think Sanchez however is sick and tired of the whole shit. If he stays he wont play anything like he can.
If Sanchez does stay and we keep within touching distance of the top 4. by Xmas you will start hearing rumours on a contract extension.

Özim
20-08-2017, 07:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnQ7Z1oeyIo

No further signings then. I guess they need to claw back the money they spent (kicking and screaming) on Lacazette.

This is laughable, we're looking to trim our squad as we have 33 players and it's too many to manage (already sold Gabriel and we largely had this squad last season and he wasn't complaining then) and other clubs are in the same situation which is why the transfer market it quiet, the latter is BS, most of our rivals have signed a whole host of players and improved their teams.

On top of that he doesn't think about transfer market after a one defeat like this. What an ignorant man, he's had all bloody summer it's not just one game, he's totally blinkered.

Gooner23
20-08-2017, 08:01 AM
Signs a left back (Kolasanic) and decides to plays him as a centre back. Moves our natural right back (Bellerin) to play as our left back. Continues to play a kid (Ox)that has predominantly been trained as a winger for us, as a right back. It's even funnier because when we bought this kid he was playing as a CM for Southampton....:doh: You can't make this shit up.

Oh. Let's not forget this one. Out of the 3 CB defence, he decided to a play a midget left back (Monreal) as the key central CB that anchors the back line over Mustafi? Really?

Wenger can't help himself. An absolute bafooon that has no business managing.

Can't understand the decision to take Kolasinic off when he switched to a back four either. To me it would made more sense to have two natural attacking full backs playing in their best positions. Instead we had Bellerin and Ox both out of position.

After the game Wenger admitted he wasn't convinced by our defence. What about conceding 3 against Leicester did he see to just do exactly the same thing yesterday.

Two more years of this shit, at least. The club has no shame.

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2017, 09:09 AM

I genuinely think we won't be worrying about a fight for fourth this season.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2017, 09:29 AM
I genuinely think we won't be worrying about a fight for fourth this season.

Does 4th show spirit and respect if you are 5th or 6th? Can you say, we are 5th and then say you should be 4th? Is it respectful to be 6th, to the spirit of the players and the game? Or is the culture more important, is it ideal for the spirit to be respectful?

These are the important questions Wenger must answer.

In his little world.

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2017, 09:38 AM
I can very easily think of at least 7 Clubs that have greatly outperformed us in this window. There will be a host more when we go backwards and leave ourselves weaker than we were when the window opened.

We have lost Alexis already whether he is an Arsenal asset this season or not.

selassie
20-08-2017, 09:39 AM
https://youtu.be/DTb2AZg_xR4

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2017, 09:41 AM
I can very easily think of at least 7 Clubs that have greatly outperformed us in this window. There will be a host more when we go backwards and leave ourselves weaker than we were when the window opened.

What do you mean by "lost"? If he is not here then is he lost? Will he not know where he is? I think it is speculation to assume he will be lost, especially if he has a map. Can he have a map? We will not talk about that now, we will tell you later when the time it right. Speculation is not helpful.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Happy Sunday Everyone!

Ty's new tactic, now that he's finally twigged Wenger is an escaped mental patient.

"You need to ask him, ask him, ask hit, don't swear at me, ask him..."

selassie
20-08-2017, 09:47 AM

These days Wenger manages to spend vast amounts of money on players that do very little to even improve the team. Have Xhaka and Mustafi improved us at all? He just spends money on players that are not suitable or not even improvements on what we have.

Next summer will be brutal when the contract rebels all walk out and Wenger will then spend the best part of the summer trying to prove everybody wrong by refusing to go into the market to replace them.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2017, 09:48 AM
These days Wenger manages to spend vast amounts of money on players that do very little to even improve the team. Have Xhaka and Mustafi improved us at all? He just spends money on players that are not suitable or not even improvements on what we have.

Next summer will be brutal when the contract rebels all walk out and Wenger will then spend the best part of the summer trying to prove everybody wrong by refusing to go into the market to replace them.

Leicester didn't spend, thus proving Wenger right in advance.

Wenger :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2017, 09:50 AM
What do you mean by "lost"? If he is not here then is he lost? Will he not know where he is? I think it is speculation to assume he will be lost, especially if he has a map. Can he have a map? We will not talk about that now, we will tell you later when the time it right. Speculation is not helpful.

I'm sorry. I wish I wasn't being respectful of the great spirit which is more important than the result because the great spirit and togetherness is always there, always important while the result is yesterday.

Özim
20-08-2017, 09:51 AM
Xhaka a liability again, he really is a waste of space, 35 million quid for this unknown guy, someone needs their head checked because he was dreadful last season and looks just as bad this season, sums up Wenger really overpriced and 2nd rate.

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2017, 09:53 AM

Why would we replace them when we already have too many players?

You have no idea how lucky it is that we are losing our three best (debatable) players.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2017, 09:55 AM
We need to find the positives. For instance, Kolasinac seems to have settled in very quickly and looked a lot more like a Wenger player yesterday. Although let's be cautious, his performance might have been down to him playing in his new position.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Another massive plus - we aren't playing today and Game of Thrones is on. So hardly all doom and gloom, if you discount the army of the dead marching to destroy all of humankind which, I suppose, could be viewed as a metaphor.

Fucking Wenger, he's ruined GoT for me too.

Power n Glory
20-08-2017, 10:05 AM

Xhaka is terrible. The Ramsey and Xhaka combo was always a bad idea. The goal we conceded was predictable. Play them as a pair and We're going to be vulnerable down the middle if we lose the ball. Counter attack galore for our opponents.

Power n Glory
20-08-2017, 10:09 AM
I'm sorry. I wish I wasn't being respectful of the great spirit which is more important than the result because the great spirit and togetherness is always there, always important while the result is yesterday.

That is a top top top quality post.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Xhaka is terrible. The Ramsey and Xhaka combo was always a bad idea. The goal we conceded was predictable. Play them as a pair and We're going to be vulnerable down the middle if we lose the ball. Counter attack galore for our opponents.

It may look that way to an ably sighted observer, but there's more to it than that. The large gap in the centre forms a pretty, symmetrical pattern when combined with the huge holes on each flank. If you take a photo from above and cut it in half down the middle then put it against the mirror, you would have the whole photo back. Half the photo, twice the holes. This is not only excellent value but it can also be used to spot any stray coverage and work towards eliminating that too. The ideal contract situation should help next season when half the squad will disappear.

Power n Glory
20-08-2017, 10:21 AM
It may look that way to an ably sighted observer, but there's more to it than that. The large gap in the centre forms a pretty, symmetrical pattern when combined with the huge holes on each flank. If you take a photo from above and cut it in half down the middle then put it against the mirror, you would have the whole photo back. Half the photo, twice the holes. This is not only excellent value but it can also be used to spot any stray coverage and work towards eliminating that too. The ideal contract situation should help next season when half the squad will disappear.

:haha:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-08-2017, 10:25 AM
I was starting to be won over by Xhaka but yesterday was really a day to forget from him. Poor awareness, casual when he needed to get a march on, over hitting balls....... though the passing was pretty pathetic all round. Even Lacazette horribly over hit a through ball I totally expected him to hit correctly.

I think two primary left backs in the central 3 is just the wrong balance. Have 3 CB's or 2 and a full back.

Ramsey, I didn't think had a bad game, Welbeck is everything but the finisher....if he could finish he would be close to RvP's level at his best...... and I didn't think Ozil had a bad game but clearly we haven't fully worked out how the hell Lacazette is going to integrate into this team and he and the rest of the team were on total different wavelengths. It looked like his medical was before the game then he just walked straight into the lineup.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2017, 10:32 AM
I don't think we'll see too much from Lacazette this season. Next season though, he can start putting out feelers to Barca and Madrid, maybe PSG or Bayern.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2017, 11:25 AM
I don't know, he absolutely lashed that ahem offside goal in. I think he has already set himself apart.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2017, 11:34 AM
I don't know, he absolutely lashed that ahem offside goal in. I think he has already set himself apart.

He looks a good player. Doesn't look like Wenger has given much thought how to use him though. Probably wasn't part of the pre-purchase research. Yesterday he was asked to play the classic back-to-goal, hold it up bullshit when clearly his primary attributes are making the run beyond the defender and providing the key pass to play others in. A very useful player, if used properly. Henry was commenting on this earlier in the week. Wenger is deaf, so wouldn't have heard.

But I only partially jest when I say he'll be looking to step up soon enough. Why would he be planning a long term career here if he is any good? Good players move on to pursue their ambitions (and money of course), mediocre players thank their lucky stars they have landed here and hang on for grim life. If he's as good as we hope then enjoy him now because there will be absolutely no reason for him to stick around, especially as his next move is likely to be his last one.

Can Wenger get the best from him in the time he is here? No, is the answer to that question. Not unless he lucks into it, which is possible I suppose. He did that with Alexis, but then (Wenger being Wenger) he undid it.

Power n Glory
20-08-2017, 12:03 PM
He looks a good player. Doesn't look like Wenger has given much thought how to use him though. Probably wasn't part of the pre-purchase research. Yesterday he was asked to play the classic back-to-goal, hold it up bullshit when clearly his primary attributes are making the run beyond the defender and providing the key pass to play others in. A very useful player, if used properly. Henry was commenting on this earlier in the week. Wenger is deaf, so wouldn't have heard.

But I only partially jest when I say he'll be looking to step up soon enough. Why would he be planning a long term career here if he is any good? Good players move on to pursue their ambitions (and money of course), mediocre players thank their lucky stars they have landed here and hang on for grim life. If he's as good as we hope then enjoy him now because there will be absolutely no reason for him to stick around, especially as his next move is likely to be his last one.

Can Wenger get the best from him in the time he is here? No, is the answer to that question. Not unless he lucks into it, which is possible I suppose. He did that with Alexis, but then (Wenger being Wenger) he undid it.

It all comes back to the midfield. Put Cesc back in the team and he'll supply Lacazette all day. Instructions from the manager helps but it also comes down to wavelengths and players watching Lacazette's runs or putting the ball into places where they anticipate him to run. We saw the video from Henry, there was no reason for Xhaka to not try to play him through on goal. If he needs to be told when to pass and micromanaged to that level that he can't work out for himself when to break from the script and play the killer pass, he has no business playing football at this level. It's like having a striker that has no composure in front of goal. You can't instruct them to have 'more composure'.

AFC Leveller
20-08-2017, 01:19 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/20915466_788521961353401_3112966273242160772_n.jpg ?oh=1afb0f6e107f308f0b1cb5aebf17b2d7&oe=5A1DB5AA

Özim
20-08-2017, 06:10 PM
It all comes back to the midfield. Put Cesc back in the team and he'll supply Lacazette all day. Instructions from the manager helps but it also comes down to wavelengths and players watching Lacazette's runs or putting the ball into places where they anticipate him to run. We saw the video from Henry, there was no reason for Xhaka to not try to play him through on goal. If he needs to be told when to pass and micromanaged to that level that he can't work out for himself when to break from the script and play the killer pass, he has no business playing football at this level. It's like having a striker that has no composure in front of goal. You can't instruct them to have 'more composure'.

Do you mean Welbeck?

Penguin
20-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Ramsey cannot play in central midfield until he learns common sense. We can't afford to have him wandering around in a free role and exposing our midfield. Especially when he's playing with Xhaka who doesn't have the legs to cover any ground.

Watch the goal again: http://arsenalist.com/f/2017-18/stoke-vs-arsenal/stoke-goal-1-0-jese.html

Look at the player at the top right at the start of the video - yep the one in front of Lacazette and Welbeck. Yeah that's Ramsey. We end up losing the ball leaving two midfielders on Xhaka, so he dives in to a challenge in desperation because he knows those midfielders will easily pass around him. Our defending was bad too but that whole chance came about because of Ramsey.

That wasn't the first time that happened in the match. I was watching Ramsey and at one point he looked like he completely gave up on midfield to play as a striker. Our defenders couldn't get the ball up the pitch and Ozil had to keep coming deep to pick the ball off of them. It should be the CMs doing that and getting the ball to Ozil in those pockets of space he finds. We're a mess tactically.

hobson's choice
20-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Ramsey cannot play in central midfield until he learns common sense. We can't afford to have him wandering around in a free role and exposing our midfield. Especially when he's playing with Xhaka who doesn't have the legs to cover any ground.

Watch the goal again: http://arsenalist.com/f/2017-18/stoke-vs-arsenal/stoke-goal-1-0-jese.html

Look at the player at the top right at the start of the video - yep the one in front of Lacazette and Welbeck. Yeah that's Ramsey. We end up losing the ball leaving two midfielders on Xhaka, so he dives in to a challenge in desperation because he knows those midfielders will easily pass around him. Our defending was bad too but that whole chance came about because of Ramsey.

That wasn't the first time that happened in the match. I was watching Ramsey and at one point he looked like he completely gave up on midfield to play as a striker. Our defenders couldn't get the ball up the pitch and Ozil had to keep coming deep to pick the ball off of them. It should be the CMs doing that and getting the ball to Ozil in those pockets of space he finds. We're a mess tactically.

And I expect Wenger to start with this same midfield pairing again next week.

Power n Glory
20-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Do you mean Welbeck?

He's exposing himself. 20 goals in 6 years for Man Utd. Shocking. Ox should be playing in that position instead.

Power n Glory
20-08-2017, 08:18 PM

Ramsey, Ozil and Xhaka. It's a terrible trio. You get no defensive cover from either. No control of the midfield either. If we play Liverpool with this same line up and they press us high up the pitch, Xhaka will make the sort of the mistakes we saw yesterday and last week time and time again. Even when playing a team that are happy to surrender possession, they can't create many clear chances and struggle just to get the ball up the pitch.

selassie
21-08-2017, 05:58 AM
Frankly I no longer care! Never thought I would ever feel like that.

I am hoping to reach that stage very soon, I have definitely lost interest and my anger of a couple of seasons ago has nor turned to frustration and apathy. I havent fully switched off though. I am going to geniunely try and make a concerted effort to switch off this season, to stop watching games, it's not worth my time watching this oh so predictable season unravel.

AFC Leveller
21-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Ramsey, Ozil and Xhaka. It's a terrible trio. You get no defensive cover from either. No control of the midfield either. If we play Liverpool with this same line up and they press us high up the pitch, Xhaka will make the sort of the mistakes we saw yesterday and last week time and time again. Even when playing a team that are happy to surrender possession, they can't create many clear chances and struggle just to get the ball up the pitch.

agree with that, its really hard to understand how/why the coaching staff and manager cant see it when we all can.

havent watched the first two games this season and will probably miss the Liverpool game too. We will probably get thumped by 3 or 4 because we are a mess. There is no pressure on anyone to play well or win, there is no organisation on the pitch and its all about sideways passing.

Power n Glory
21-08-2017, 08:42 AM
agree with that, its really hard to understand how/why the coaching staff and manager cant see it when we all can.

havent watched the first two games this season and will probably miss the Liverpool game too. We will probably get thumped by 3 or 4 because we are a mess. There is no pressure on anyone to play well or win, there is no organisation on the pitch and its all about sideways passing.

Was just reading Arseblog and I think it’s starting to dawn on people that Wenger is a fruit loop. It’s hard to make sense of the decisions he’s made over the weekend. It’s the sort of shit people wouldn’t even do for their own Fantasy Football team.

AFC Leveller
21-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Guess the games in which Holding didnt play in?

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/20989127_1981776218726374_7604726762691672316_o.jp g?oh=6ae88df2fb8f97fbd6585938e2cd7671&oe=5A1C4664

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Was just reading Arseblog and I think it’s starting to dawn on people that Wenger is a fruit loop. It’s hard to make sense of the decisions he’s made over the weekend. It’s the sort of shit people wouldn’t even do for their own Fantasy Football team.

In 10 years, when Wenger's corpse has led us to relegation from the professional leagues, Arseblog might admit that perhaps, maybe, there's a tiny chance, Wenger could be at fault for something very, very minor.

Xhaka Can’t
21-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Blasphemer!

GP
21-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Arseblog has been critical of Wenger for quite a long time.

fakeyank
21-08-2017, 01:31 PM

I have been preaching this for over 5 years now. Been called out by 'real Arsenal fans' as someone who is a spud or a chav because of this. This club needs to sink lower before it gets better. No point getting top 4 or going on a 10 game unbeaten run.. its pointless. The ONLY way things will change is if things go down south real fast. Frankly anything other than relegation is fine with me. If you guarantee me a 17th place this season, I'll take it and happily take that as the end of the season!

GP
21-08-2017, 01:47 PM
He's here for 2 years minimum. Get used to it.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2017, 02:11 PM
He's here for 2 years minimum. Get used to it.

Wouldn't it be harmful to get used to Wenger's shite? I mean, anyone who thinks his team selection on Saturday was normal is probably in need of professional help. Much like Wenger himself. Accept he's somehow managed to inflict himself on the club for another 2 years - at least. But don't get used to it.

selassie
21-08-2017, 03:02 PM
I have been preaching this for over 5 years now. Been called out by 'real Arsenal fans' as someone who is a spud or a chav because of this. This club needs to sink lower before it gets better. No point getting top 4 or going on a 10 game unbeaten run.. its pointless. The ONLY way things will change is if things go down south real fast. Frankly anything other than relegation is fine with me. If you guarantee me a 17th place this season, I'll take it and happily take that as the end of the season!

Yep if this is what it takes then I'm all for it. To be honest, I think things are going to get very toxic this season, there are already plenty of mini meltdowns after the result at the weekend and it's with good reason too.

Wenger has no credit left with the fan base, he really needs to pull out a very solid season otherwise things will get very messy very quickly.

Xhaka Can’t
21-08-2017, 04:33 PM
I think Wenger will do well to get Top 6 this season. So, yeah....things will get messy indeed.

I'm going to one Arsenal match this season. And that is to see Huddersfield Town.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Messy? It'll be a bloodbath by next weekend. If Wenger survives this season it proves his appointment has nothing to do with football.

fakeyank
21-08-2017, 06:42 PM
things will get very messy very quickly.

Amen to that. Unfortunately I do not think it will get messy. Our fans just dont give a fuck about it anymore. There is a reason Arsenal fans are considered the mutest ones around. We are the true definition of prawn sandwich brigade. Wenger will go on an unbeaten run, may be have some thrilling games, put together a good run at the end of the season and majority of the Arsenal fans will lap Wenger up as a messiah. The entire club- Fans, board, manager, players are pretending to be of a top football club. Everything about us is middle class- Average.

selassie
21-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Messy? It'll be a bloodbath by next weekend. If Wenger survives this season it proves his appointment has nothing to do with football.

:lol: Always the voice of reason NQ ;)

On a serious note I do agree with you re: If Wenger survives the season it proves his appointment is not football related. I think we'll finish 6th, possibly 7th and fall short in all the other competitions. I am hand on heart not being negative either, I don't think we'll finish anywhere near any of City, Chelsea, United or Spuds, I think we'll finish below the Dippers too....Everton I'm not sure about.

Xhaka Can’t
22-08-2017, 05:19 AM
There is a reason Arsenal fans are considered the mutest ones around.

:haha: That is fucking ridiculous. At almost every match we are talked about as being disrespectful no matter the scale of discontent, we have a shareholder group that refuse to cash in and are haranguing the Board at every opportunity.

We're hiring aircraft FFS!

The problem is an owner that lives thousands of miles away, who turns all his franchises to shit and if you don't like it, he moves the team. And he now has a team that doesn't even need fans to turn up to make money.

Özim
22-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Arsenal fans are pretty passive IMO though, how long has Wenger had a free pass from the fans despite his glaring flaws and lack of success, it's 13 years since our last major trophy, no other manager of any other big club would have survived anywhere near as long as this with what Wenger has done in that time.

He's been living off his former glories for years despite this he still has support from a fair amount of the fanbase, there's been no backlash to him signing a new contract either, he's had it easy all too easy.

I could understand it if he'd tried to reinvent himself but it hadn't worked but the guy has been doing the same thing for wel over a decade with little or no change so there's no excuses.

Letters
22-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Arsenal fans are pretty passive IMO though, how long has Wenger had a free pass from the fans despite his glaring flaws and lack of success, it's 13 weeks since our last major trophy,
Corrected your typo :good:

Özim
22-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Corrected your typo :good:

Well no, the FA Cup is generally seen at a 2nd tier trophy and therefore not a major trophy. Perhaps 10 years ago you might have had a point, but not anymore.

Letters
22-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Well no, the FA Cup is generally seen at a 2nd tier trophy and therefore not a major trophy. Perhaps 10 years ago you might have had a point, but not anymore.

I see. That explains your muted, indifferent response.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2857&page=63

The Emirates Gallactico
22-08-2017, 12:31 PM

I can't agree with this.

We finished outside of the top four last year, fan unrest was at it highest and it was the final year of Wenger's contract .............. things would have been ripe for bidding farewell to Wenger and offering it to a new person and yet Kroneke (from what is rumoured Gazidis was happy for someone else to take over out but Kroneke was insistent) wanted him to stay and didn't exactly hide his eagerness for that. I mean the majority of the fanbase (of course there are a few Wenger or nothing fans but they are an extreme minority) would have accepted and it still didn't happen.

Hence why I categorically don't support the "let's lose so Wenger goes" arguments - he's literally not going anywhere even if we finish mid table. It'll only take a relegation and even then I wouldn't be at all surprise if Kroneke thought he was the right man to steer us back into the PL.

That atmosphere and mood around the club is already poisonous and depressing as it is - let's not make it worse by accumulating pointless losses just for zero gain (I speak as if I have the actual option to chose one or the other lol). As long as we win things I don't care who's in charge.

As long as the American parasite is hear nothing is going to change I'm afraid. After Wenger we'll probably get another "yes man" appointed who'll care more about financial security and keeping the club stable rather than winning trophies. So I direct 90% of my anger and fury at our mess to Kroenke - he needs to fuck off and the it's about time the fans started holding up banners for his exit instead of Wengers.

Özim
22-08-2017, 12:31 PM

Just because I was happy we won a cup, doesn't mean it's a major trophy. Generally fans are happy about winning something, whether it be a 2nd tier trophy or not.

Doesn't change the facts the FA cup isn't a major trophy anymore though.

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2017, 01:25 PM
I can't agree with this.

We finished outside of the top four last year, fan unrest was at it highest and it was the final year of Wenger's contract .............. things would have been ripe for bidding farewell to Wenger and offering it to a new person and yet Kroneke (from what is rumoured Gazidis was happy for someone else to take over out but Kroneke was insistent) wanted him to stay and didn't exactly hide his eagerness for that. I mean the majority of the fanbase (of course there are a few Wenger or nothing fans but they are an extreme minority) would have accepted and it still didn't happen.

Hence why I categorically don't support the "let's lose so Wenger goes" arguments - he's literally not going anywhere even if we finish mid table. It'll only take a relegation and even then I wouldn't be at all surprise if Kroneke thought he was the right man to steer us back into the PL.

That atmosphere and mood around the club is already poisonous and depressing as it is - let's not make it worse by accumulating pointless losses just for zero gain (I speak as if I have the actual option to chose one or the other lol). As long as we win things I don't care who's in charge.

As long as the American parasite is hear nothing is going to change I'm afraid. After Wenger we'll probably get another "yes man" appointed who'll care more about financial security and keeping the club stable rather than winning trophies. So I direct 90% of my anger and fury at our mess to Kroenke - he needs to fuck off and the it's about time the fans started holding up banners for his exit instead of Wengers.

That's about it.

GP
22-08-2017, 02:09 PM

Well well well, how the turn tables...

fakeyank
22-08-2017, 05:48 PM
:haha: That is fucking ridiculous. At almost every match we are talked about as being disrespectful no matter the scale of discontent, we have a shareholder group that refuse to cash in and are haranguing the Board at every opportunity.

We're hiring aircraft FFS!

The problem is an owner that lives thousands of miles away, who turns all his franchises to shit and if you don't like it, he moves the team. And he now has a team that doesn't even need fans to turn up to make money.

Our discontent seems big because of Arsenal Fan TV. If there was discontent that led to actions at the fan level, we'd have seen massive protests and empty seats at the stadium. We still see 80-90% full games and we still have fans who are not yet ready to be vocal or take action on the parasites at the club- board and wenger.

Our protests are frankly a big joke with all the morons carrying 8x8 piece of papers with Wenger out. Is that the most organized we can get?! :haha:

I remember the gold/green scarf movement at Utd, and that was something that was well organized.. unlike what we see at our club.

Xhaka Can’t
22-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Our discontent seems big because of Arsenal Fan TV. If there was discontent that led to actions at the fan level, we'd have seen massive protests and empty seats at the stadium. We still see 80-90% full games and we still have fans who are not yet ready to be vocal or take action on the parasites at the club- board and wenger.

Our protests are frankly a big joke with all the morons carrying 8x8 piece of papers with Wenger out. Is that the most organized we can get?! :haha:

I remember the gold/green scarf movement at Utd, and that was something that was well organized.. unlike what we see at our club.

I remember that too.

Vaguely.

And nothing changed.

I also remember Old Trafford full.

All the time.

Then they extended Old Trafford.

And it was full.

All the time.

Power n Glory
22-08-2017, 09:26 PM

There were protests and empty seats. It got the attention of the right people. There is no way the higher ups didn't notice. Wenger is old but not deaf and blind. Despite the discontent, he still signed a contract.

Ivan and Sir Chips, the men that report to Stan must have told him about the environment. There is no way Stan didn't hear about Ivan's 'catalyst of change' speil. But even with that in mind, Stan still offered Wenger a new contract.

The way they've acted all summer suggest they really don't care what fans have to say. Also, I'm not even sure short term revenue loss is even taken into consideration. How much money have we dropped because we're no longer in the Champions League? It's a significant amount of money and one directly linked to Wenger underperforming. Yet he was still offered a new contract. I suspect it would have to take more than one season of attendance figures dropping for anyone to question Wenger. I'm sure the piece of shit will worm his way out of the blame by taking about an economic downturn or Brexit as the reason why fans aren't turning up. ;) Unless Wenger decides to fuck off on his own terms in the near future, I'm pessimistic about things changing. That's not to say the fans shouldn't try.

Penguin
23-08-2017, 07:39 PM

So are you organising a protest then? ;)

fakeyank
24-08-2017, 08:14 PM

From the states, sure..

Xhaka Can’t
25-08-2017, 10:23 AM

He already has by cutting expenditure on Arsenal merchandise to only 75% of his income.