dostoy
24-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Err, no.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Yes.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2017, 05:48 PM
We're being drawn with whoever plays in Russia, Ukraine and Turkey. As well you know.

GP
24-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Anyone making a thread yet?

You just did dickhead.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-08-2017, 05:31 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2e4yvzo.jpg

Our co-efficient compared to all other teams. :lol:

Gooner23
25-08-2017, 06:11 AM
Co-efficient champions :bow:

Marc Overmars
25-08-2017, 06:43 AM
Christ, look at that collection of shite.

Let's just hope we avoid all the long ass journeys to the arse end of Europe.

GP
25-08-2017, 07:51 AM
One of those teams in pot 2 looks Nice.

Honestly I'm looking forward to this. This is a competition we can win and we should take it seriously.

Power n Glory
25-08-2017, 08:11 AM
We just lost to Stoke. I doubt the manager will take it seriously and if he did I have no idea how the team will perform.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2017, 08:16 AM
Wenger has already said the kids will play the early rounds. So he's not taking it seriously at all, in his mind. But he may have fucked up. As I pointed out yesterday, it doesn't look like he has much input with the youth and reserve teams based on the football they are playing, so we might be better off with the kids. Stick in a few deadbeats like Theo to add a bit of experience and we might just end up being entertained.

I know, I know, but it's not impossible.

Özim
25-08-2017, 08:30 AM
I'd take it seriously if I was him, it's the only European trophy he'll ever get a sniff of since he'll get nowhere near the PL this is the best thing he can win, having said he'll probably screw that up too like he always does.

Dicks and chicks
25-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Only competition we can win this season with our shit squad, what's better winning this or getting hammered in the round of 16

AFC Leveller
25-08-2017, 09:18 AM
I say play the kids and go out early. Then we can play once a week and see where that takes us.

GP
25-08-2017, 09:34 AM
I say play the kids and go out early. Then we can play once a week and see where that takes us.

You think we can win the league?

GP
25-08-2017, 11:42 AM
We will play BATE Borisov, Cologne and Red Star Belgrade
Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/arsenal-drawn-europa-league-group-h#yWtQqFLzvsMRRFJT.99

Dicks and chicks
25-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/arsenal-drawn-europa-league-group-h#yWtQqFLzvsMRRFJT.99

Doesn't get any shitter than that does it

GP
25-08-2017, 11:52 AM
Doesn't get any shitter than that does it

Ever looked in a mirror?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2017, 11:54 AM
I personally am looking forward to seeing Hennes on the sideline having his horns manhandled aggressively by one of their black players.

Dicks and chicks
25-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Glad we didn't get a Ukrainian or Russian team

Marc Overmars
25-08-2017, 11:57 AM
The excitement is palpable.

At least the club have reduced prices for these shitty games.

Ralpheroo72
25-08-2017, 11:58 AM
We have finally arrived at our level

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2017, 12:45 PM

Wenger would have gotten us here a lot more quickly had it not been for resistance from the fans. We ruin everything.

Özim
25-08-2017, 12:54 PM

I think it my be slightly above us to be honest looking at our previous outing in the competition.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2017, 01:07 PM
I think it my be slightly above us to be honest looking at our previous outing in the competition.

Getting to the final? At a time when there were less champions league spots and there were harder teams in the competition.

Andreas_AFC
25-08-2017, 01:45 PM
The disappointment not to play in the Champions League is great, but quite honestly I do not understand that some fans are talk so arrogant and hopeless attitude to the Europa League. Quite honestly, Arsenal has never won the Champions League or the Europa League/UEFA-Cup. I would be proud if Arsenal could win the Europa League!

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2017, 02:05 PM
The disappointment not to play in the Champions League is great, but quite honestly I do not understand that some fans are talk so arrogant and hopeless attitude to the Europa League. Quite honestly, Arsenal has never won the Champions League or the Europa League/UEFA-Cup. I would be proud if Arsenal could win the Europa League!

It's not arrogance. Not at all. If this was a serious football club and this tournament could realistically be viewed as a milestone on the road to bigger things that should not be beyond the reach of a club like Arsenal, you'd see most fans tuned in and eager. But this is a stop on a downward spiral.

GP
25-08-2017, 02:09 PM

Me too, really. I'm excited about it.

Andreas_AFC
25-08-2017, 02:20 PM
It's not arrogance. Not at all. If this was a serious football club and this tournament could realistically be viewed as a milestone on the road to bigger things that should not be beyond the reach of a club like Arsenal, you'd see most fans tuned in and eager. But this is a stop on a downward spiral.

I understand what you mean. But I have the impression that the fans and also the club itself, rather to sulk not to be in the champions league and it as annoying to play in the Europa league, as easy to say: "We win this trophy like ManUtd and Chelsea do this!!!!". That must be the claim!

AFC Leveller
25-08-2017, 03:26 PM

No way but I'd like us to at least have a go at finishing top 4.

AFC Leveller
25-08-2017, 03:30 PM

Eggsakly my thoughts.

Wenger can fuck off.

Marc Overmars
25-08-2017, 04:00 PM

It's predominantly a PL attitude towards it, I guess because of the way it is presented to us. After spending a decade mocking teams like Spurs (Spursday night football anyone?) I can't suddenly pretend to be excited about it.

It's something different yes and we could possibly win it and I would be happy to because of the fact we've got no modern European honours, but it's a 2nd rate competition whatever way you look at it. The teams involved, prize money, CL dropouts and the fact we've more than halved ticket prices for it.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2017, 04:10 PM
I understand what you mean. But I have the impression that the fans and also the club itself, rather to sulk not to be in the champions league and it as annoying to play in the Europa league, as easy to say: "We win this trophy like ManUtd and Chelsea do this!!!!". That must be the claim!

Oh I'm betting Wenger's views this tournament beneath him, and maybe some of the players who are used to winning world cups. That's why I won't mind seeing the kids playing. They'll love it and be eager to win it, and they haven't had enough exposure to Wenger yet to completely collapse. I think they'll be able to give it a good go. And I suppose that's where my interest comes from, watching some of the kids to see if they can make a name for themselves. But even that's a bit depressing as they have no futures under Wenger. I just wish he had gone in the summer. This would be a whole new start if he'd have fucked off.

Andreas_AFC
26-08-2017, 07:57 AM
It's predominantly a PL attitude towards it, I guess because of the way it is presented to us. After spending a decade mocking teams like Spurs (Spursday night football anyone?) I can't suddenly pretend to be excited about it.

It's something different yes and we could possibly win it and I would be happy to because of the fact we've got no modern European honours, but it's a 2nd rate competition whatever way you look at it. The teams involved, prize money, CL dropouts and the fact we've more than halved ticket prices for it.

Of course I agree with you. Also in Germany, the Europa League is not very popular because it feels you must play hundreds of games to come to the semi-final or final. Franz Beckenbauer also called this cup: Cup of losers! But I also honestly see an opportunity to qualify for the Champions League through the Europa League. For let's be honest, it is not sure that we come under the top 4 in the PL!

Bumble
26-08-2017, 09:42 AM
If United can take it seriously and win it last year... then we should take it seriously and look to win it this year. It is probably gives us a a better chance of getting knocked out in the last 16 of the CL next year.

And just think when the drop out teams from the CL join, imagine the excitement of playing Spurs in the Europa league.

Letters
26-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Getting to the final? At a time when there were less champions league spots and there were harder teams in the competition.

:haha:

Zim :pal: