PDA

View Full Version : Oxlade confirmed to Chelsea

gunnerrrrr
28-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Thoughts ?

Deal for £35m agreed

Power n Glory
28-08-2017, 04:18 PM
What a joke. Unless he's had talks if Conte about his role, development and has been assured that he's a major part of their plans, it's a foolish move. Good move to leave but this may be a step too far and he'll need to really play well from the get go.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2017, 04:23 PM
He has more than enough talent to make a mark in chavland and under a proper coach he can only improve.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Still. Silver cloud. More lovely cash and only 4 more days to spin stories about signing Arsenio then the damnable window slams shut. The mood of the fans is at an all time record low and the anger at unprecedented levels so, I wonder, would it really make that much more difference if Alexis was flogged to the gypos? I think it's worth the risk and certainly worth the profit.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Bye.

The Emirates Gallactico
28-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Goodbye and good riddance.

Got given far too many chances here despite his overall brainless play.

Penguin
28-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Nice timing by Arsenal to agree this deal right after yesterday's thrashing. They really like rubbing salt into their own fans' wounds. :doh:

If we're going to sell why not get a replacement in before? Why not buy someone before the season starts so the new signing can bed in? We're being run by a bunch of morons.

Looking at the move from Ox's point of view I kind of agree with Delusions, it's a risky move for Ox if he wants playing time. I don't think he's too bothered by that though. He hasn't got anything to gain from sticking around Wenger.

GP
28-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Goodbye and good riddance.

Got given far too many chances here despite his overall brainless play.

9 goals in 7 years. Says it all.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Nice timing by Arsenal to agree this deal right after yesterday's thrashing. They really like rubbing salt into their own fans' wounds. :doh:

If we're going to sell why not get a replacement in before? Why not buy someone before the season starts so the new signing can bed in? We're being run by a bunch of morons.

Looking at the move from Ox's point of view I kind of agree with Delusions, it's a risky move for Ox if he wants playing time. I don't think he's too bothered by that though. He hasn't got anything to gain from sticking around Wenger.

Life goes on and profits don't make themselves.

Marc Overmars
28-08-2017, 05:27 PM
35m is pretty decent, I'm not sure how much better he is now than the day we signed him.

I would say good luck to him but seeing as it's Chelsea hopefully he flops. Always a trier though, just never managed to find a role for himself here which I don't think was entirely his fault.

See ya. :wave:

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Does this mean our right back can go back to the right now? And our new left back can get a game?

AFC Leveller
28-08-2017, 05:32 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/old-tweets-reveal-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-long-time-admirer-chelseas/

Closet Chelsea fan it seems!

Penguin
28-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Does this mean our right back can go back to the right now? And our new left back can get a game?

Actually Wenger told me he plans to convert Lacazette to a right back, but he wont be starting games until May because he needs time to adjust to the premier league.

Bellerin will permanently shift to left back until all his confidence breaks into pieces. But it's all for the bigger picture because we're trying to build his character up so we can sell him for a nice juicy profit in two years.

Master Splinter
28-08-2017, 05:55 PM
He's rubbish. Talented but there's nothing in the football brain merging those skills into a useful player.

The indulging of him in the last few games and it's direct contribution to the self-inflicted disastrous start to the season is possibly one of WUMger's biggest pratfalls. And we know that's an ever-expanding rap sheet. Just mind-blowingly inexplicable. Or not if you conclude Wenget has pressed the biggest, most impactful self-destruct button in history.

AFC Leveller
28-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Wenger is a lier, yet again he makes himself look like a fool with stupid statements like "I believe the OX wants to stay he is someone who grew up here and will be one of the leaders of this club in the coming years" just a few days ago. Now he's being sold to a direct (bit optimistic if you ask me because both clubs have contrasting mentalities) rival.

Gooner23
28-08-2017, 06:27 PM
He's rubbish. Talented but there's nothing in the football brain merging those skills into a useful player.

The indulging of him in the last few games and it's direct contribution to the self-inflicted disastrous start to the season is possibly one of WUMger's biggest pratfalls. And we know that's an ever-expanding rap sheet. Just mind-blowingly inexplicable. Or not if you conclude Wenget has pressed the biggest, most impactful self-destruct button in history.

That's the totally bizarre thing. If reports are true we knew last week he wouldn't be signing under any circumstance. So why did we start him ahead of Kolasinic. Should have been benched straight away.

Özim
28-08-2017, 08:46 PM
So he's now off to Chelsea and he's rubbish, pull the other one, people have been raving about him in the past.

Personally think he's very talented and can go far but not under Wenger, the guy doesn't have a clue, what concerns me is we'll sell him and either not replace him or panic buy some nobody who not improve us and who we'll be lumbered with further down the line.

Sick of this rubbish club, all down to the owner and manager for me, the owner doesn't care at all we know that, but on top of that the manager has no pride, no desire to win, he's a professional loser getting paid a fortune to be 2nd rate, it's pretty clear he doesn't have a clue about management despite hs 10,000 subsitutions, most of his decisions are baffling and worse than amateur, there's just no explanation for his decisions or behaviour, totally dumbfounding.

hobson's choice
28-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Good for him, I urge all our young players to get the hell away from Wenger.

selassie
28-08-2017, 09:19 PM
It's a good move for him, he will never be a world beater but make no mistake, this boy will improve under Conte and his structured system at Chelsea. The fee is irrelevant, even if we got 100million for him Wenger wouldn't invest it wisely.

I am completely done with this club, we are pathetic, a sad club with little to no ambition.

Gooner23
28-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Good luck to him.

We're a complete shambles right now, and things will only get worse over the next two seasons. Even Wrighty is calling for Wumger to walk.

Dicks and chicks
28-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Resign Denilson and we are good to go

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2017, 09:58 PM
Good luck to him.

We're a complete shambles right now, and things will only get worse over the next two seasons. Even Wrighty is calling for Wumger to walk.

We should all be demanding that Wenger stay. Then he would leave immediately.

Ralpheroo72
28-08-2017, 10:21 PM
He is making his escape. Unreal how someone who wanted to leave, was played on Sunday in place of someone who wanted to stay. His performance was abject at best.

Arsenal, now on a par with Stoke and West Brom.

Bumble
29-08-2017, 05:04 PM
I think he is a good player just not a wing back and probably doesn't fit in our system whatever that system actually is meant to be.

not sure Ox will get much more of a game at the Chavs though - think Liverpool would have been a better option for him although don't think they bid in end.

anyone think Andros Townsend is available for £27m so we can make a bit of profit there.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2017, 05:16 PM
I think he is a good player just not a wing back and probably doesn't fit in our system whatever that system actually is meant to be.

not sure Ox will get much more of a game at the Chavs though - think Liverpool would have been a better option for him although don't think they bid in end.

anyone think Andros Townsend is available for £27m so we can make a bit of profit there.

True. But we could make even more profit if we almost sign somebody else.

Bumble
29-08-2017, 05:19 PM
True. But we could make even more profit if we almost sign somebody else.

true it is all about who we almost signed that's matters.

Penguin
29-08-2017, 05:43 PM
It's a good move for him, he will never be a world beater but make no mistake, this boy will improve under Conte and his structured system at Chelsea.

It could go either way. Unlike other players he hasn't left us after having a groundbreaking season like RvP, Cesc, Adebayor, Nasri. He still hasn't got an end product or even a best position on the pitch.

This time last year most gooners would have been glad to see the back of Ox. It was only partway through last season that he started to finally show the promise that we hoped he would. Jury's still out on him and unless he adds an end product to his game and breaks through his injury barrier, he is no big loss. I rate him but I hope he flops miserably just because he joined Chelsea.

Gubby Allen
29-08-2017, 06:28 PM
He is making his escape. Unreal how someone who wanted to leave, was played on Sunday in place of someone who wanted to stay. His performance was abject at best.

Arsenal, now on a par with Stoke and West Brom.

Bit harsh on West Brom

Marc Overmars
30-08-2017, 05:53 AM
Ox has rejected the offer from Chelsea and wants to move to Liverpool.

Looks like we could be stuck with him if Liverpool don't stump up the cash.

selassie
30-08-2017, 06:02 AM
It could go either way. Unlike other players he hasn't left us after having a groundbreaking season like RvP, Cesc, Adebayor, Nasri. He still hasn't got an end product or even a best position on the pitch.

This time last year most gooners would have been glad to see the back of Ox. It was only partway through last season that he started to finally show the promise that we hoped he would. Jury's still out on him and unless he adds an end product to his game and breaks through his injury barrier, he is no big loss. I rate him but I hope he flops miserably just because he joined Chelsea.

Aye, that is true. I think there is talent in there with him though and I don't think Wenger is capable of getting it out of him on a consistent basis.

It seems he wants to move to Liverpool, he has turned the Chavs down which is quite amusing TBF!

I just want rid of him now, don't care where he goes.

Power n Glory
30-08-2017, 06:05 AM
More respect for him if he's actually putting his career first and thinking about his development. He should find a club that wants to develop him as a central midfielder.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2017, 06:27 AM
He strikes me as the kind of hard working player that would buy into Klopp's philosophy as well. Not sure about him being a CM but it's a much better move for him.

Özim
30-08-2017, 08:12 AM
More respect for him if he's actually putting his career first and thinking about his development. He should find a club that wants to develop him as a central midfielder.

Totally agree, it's clearly not about the money, he wants to play and he wants to play in his preferred role. Really though we've screwed ourselves over, we should have finalised negotiations early in the summer and if he didn't want to sign sell him then. Now we might be end up losing him for nothing next summer.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Liverpool makes more sense for Ox.

I think a lot of people are judging our players by Wenger's pathetically lowly standards. Ox will rip it up once he's playing for a decent coach who can train a little bit of game sense into him. He needs structure and Klopp will give that to him in spades, without depriving him of his flair.

That's why Wenger has held onto Theo all this time. He fears how dangerous Theo could be if coached by somebody who wasn't a complete fucking moron.

Does this mean Lemar to Liverpool is dead, or are they going for both?

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2017, 10:26 AM
By the sounds of things we want Lemar, and Oxlade is our backup.

Based on not very much at all, I think Oxlade is more likely than Lemar given Monaco seemingly don't want to sell at all and Oxlade, despite having only a year left, is half the price and hopefully will accept less in wages if he's so insistent in joining us.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Lemar to Barca is the latest rumour.

Interesting triangle.

Power n Glory
30-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Considering the bullshit we saw against Liverpool, why hasn't Ox been given a proper run in the midfield? If that's what he is holding out for why not give him that chance before getting to this situation?

Özim
30-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Considering the bullshit we saw against Liverpool, why hasn't Ox been given a proper run in the midfield? If that's what he is holding out for why not give him that chance before getting to this situation?

You know Wenger, he likes to stick to something regardless of the outcome, Xhaka seems to be the problem at the moment Wenger is insisting on playing despite his very underwhelming displays since he arrived.

He's not the answer IMO, I'd have got rid and signe someone else or given Ox a chance personally.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2017, 03:17 PM

He got his chance last season and he played quite well. So obviously Wenger dropped him. Wenger often tries to identify a player's best position so he can go on to play him elsewhere. I think he does this, possibly, because he's a complete fucking crackpot.

Power n Glory
30-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Again, credit to Ox if he pursues this path and gets his way. Sticking to his guns (excuse the pun) and rejecting contracts from us and Chelsea, a reported £220k, shows that he is serious about playing through the middle and developing as a player. Why on earth would Wenger think shifting further into a RWB role or even LWB would appease him? How stupid is he?

Ox is from a footballing family. His uncle and father played ball so I'm sure there are enough advisors around. Wenger must have known that too considering he builds close ties with families when signing kids. Seeing how serious he is about playing through the middle, it makes no sense to unbalance the squad by playing him out of position and not showing flexibility in an area we're really struggling in.

Always been against the square legs in round holes thing because this is what it results in. Players end up leaving and we just unbalance the squad for nothing.

Also, Wenger never learns when it comes to leaving it late in the day to offer a player a new contract. I'm convinced he's losing his memory. Theo went through the same and warned Wenger not to take him for granted and assume he'll sign anything in front of him. The club handle these situations so poorly and we were always going to arrive at this point. It's the final wake up call now.. With the team crumbling again, people now must see we're managed by an idiot.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Daily Mirror columnist John Cross just tweeted:

"Ignore that post by DoG. He's made a grand total of zero substitutions!"

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Seems we've agreed a fee anywhere between £35m and £40m.

I like him if only for snubbing Chelsea.

The Emirates Gallactico
30-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Seems we've agreed a fee anywhere between £35m and £40m.

I like him if only for snubbing Chelsea.

Well good luck to you I guess.

Unless Klopp literally is a miracle worker he'd be absolutely mental to play him at CM though.

Xhaka Can’t
30-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Should've held out for 40 million and one.

Munchies
30-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Hilarious that Pool actually stumped up £35m for Ox :haha:

They should've just low balled us

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2017, 05:16 PM
35 - 40 million lovely, sexy quid. I wish I could bundle it up into one big roll and fuck it until the queen's face rubs off. I want to lie in it and pant, and writhe around in it making animal sounds. Wow, this is the horniest I have felt since the RvC deal.

If the Alexis deal goes through too. Fucking hell.

The Emirates Gallactico
30-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Hilarious that Pool actually stumped up £35m for Ox :haha:

They should've just low balled us

What are they smoking at Anfield?

GP
30-08-2017, 05:42 PM
40m for Ox :lol:

"Confirmed to Chelsea" Hmm

Xhaka Can’t
30-08-2017, 05:44 PM
This ideal situation doesn't seem all it's cracked up to be.

Penguin
30-08-2017, 05:45 PM
They should have bid £35m and £1 :lol:

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2017, 05:53 PM
What are they smoking at Anfield?

They're smoking us at Anfield, 4-0. And now they're signed one of our Internationals who doesn't want to be at our club any more. Liverpool are not the ones with the problems. Like I said before, people are judging our players based on their performances under Wenger and that's a mistake. Wenger couldn't get a goal out of Messi, he's a total fuck-up and he fucks-up everyone he touches. But Ox is young enough and talented enough to recover and rejuvenate his career and I suspect that's exactly what he's going to do.

I'm not buying into a single word about the players jumping ship this time around. In fact I wave them all off with good wishes because that's exactly what I'd be doing in the situation. It's come to the stage where the bigger questions need to be asked about those players who want to stay. I mean, why? Exactly. Isn't it far more likely the money grabbers and the unambitious are sticking at Arsenal, whereas those looking to achieve something are compelled to GTFO?

We don't have a club until Kroenke and Wenger fuck off and it has taken a long time for many fans and most of the players to realise that. We'll be losing a lot more players over the coming 12 months.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2017, 05:57 PM
This ideal situation doesn't seem all it's cracked up to be.

Crack is the right term, for sure. Somebody needs to take that pipe away from Wenger.

Power n Glory
30-08-2017, 06:06 PM

Unless Klopp literally is a miracle worker he'd be absolutely mental to play him at CM though.

Because he's been so successful for us playing on the wing! ;) Excuse the sarcasm but Ox started his career as a central midfielder. His inconsistency on the wing for us may stem from the fact that it's not his natural position. Even Wenger has said he his future is a midfielder but the wing is helping him develop. But how? Check Wenger's explanation.

‘In the future, he will play in central midfield. But at the moment, this wing-back role has suited him well.
‘He can use his power and it suits him well because he is facing the game when he gets the ball.
‘I think he looks to be comfortable when he is running at people and when he has the ball at his feet.
‘What he is doing at the moment will help him to be a successful central midfielder as well.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/29/arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-reveals-alex-oxlade-chamberlains-best-position-6606244/#ixzz4rGInnF00

It makes zero sense to get him accustomed to always having the game in front of him and always having to use his power, pace and dribbling. As a central midfielder he has to get used to seeing the whole pitch and always having to play on the pivot. Why the heck is playing as wingback and especially when he's not good at it? He has everything in his locker to play through the middle, a much better passer and chance creator than Wilshere and Ramsey but it's only because he's quick and has power that he's pushed over to the wing in a more physical role.

Look at this quick video and it's worth finding this match again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tELCrQOpsCk

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2017, 06:16 PM
As well we have Ramsey who refuses to play there.

selassie
30-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Again, credit to Ox if he pursues this path and gets his way. Sticking to his guns (excuse the pun) and rejecting contracts from us and Chelsea, a reported £220k, shows that he is serious about playing through the middle and developing as a player. Why on earth would Wenger think shifting further into a RWB role or even LWB would appease him? How stupid is he?

Ox is from a footballing family. His uncle and father played ball so I'm sure there are enough advisors around. Wenger must have known that too considering he builds close ties with families when signing kids. Seeing how serious he is about playing through the middle, it makes no sense to unbalance the squad by playing him out of position and not showing flexibility in an area we're really struggling in.

Always been against the square legs in round holes thing because this is what it results in. Players end up leaving and we just unbalance the squad for nothing.

Also, Wenger never learns when it comes to leaving it late in the day to offer a player a new contract. I'm convinced he's losing his memory. Theo went through the same and warned Wenger not to take him for granted and assume he'll sign anything in front of him. The club handle these situations so poorly and we were always going to arrive at this point. It's the final wake up call now.. With the team crumbling again, people now must see we're managed by an idiot.

:gp:

Yep I agree with this DoG. Assuming this all goes through he has made the right choice for his career IMO. He has obviously thought long and hard about this and feels his development is best served at Liverpool. I think he will do well there and I think Klopp clearly is doing a good job developing some of the younger players at Liverpool and the established English ones like Lallana and Henderson.

If things don't change at Arsenal then I think we will see more and more players seek opportunities elsewhere. I have a feeling Ramsey will walk when his contract is due, I believe he has less than 2 years on it.

I hope this really hurts Wenger, he has core first team players seeking opportunities elsewhere, they specifically want to work with managers of our so called rivals. I hope Wenger understands that HIS way is wrong and that things need to change because this current situation has gotten out of hand and it is totally unacceptable that a club of our stature is being run this way.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2017, 06:17 PM

Yep I agree with this DoG. Assuming this all goes through he has made the right choice for his career IMO. He has obviously thought long and hard about this and feels his development is best served at Liverpool. I think he will do well there and I think Klopp clearly is doing a good job developing some of the younger players at Liverpool and the established English ones like Lallana and Henderson.

If things don't change at Arsenal then I think we will see more and more players seek opportunities elsewhere. I have a feeling Ramsey will walk when his contract is due, I believe he has less than 2 years on it.

I hope this really hurts Wenger, he has core first team players seeking opportunities elsewhere, they specifically want to work with managers of our so called rivals. I hope he understands that HIS way is wrong and that things need to change because the current situation has got out of control and is totally unacceptable.

:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Haven't we had enough 4 0's off Liverpool recently?

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2017, 06:21 PM

Thanks, I guess.

I imagine he'll be rotation/backup for the midfield 3, and also for Salah. Plus it's guaranteed that at some point Mane and/or Salah's hamstrings will pop, Henderson still has question marks over his fitness and we generally need a stronger squad anyway given the extra games, especially with Lallana out for a while and Coutinho terminally ill.

Fair to say it hasn't exactly been universally well received, but I'm still in the "trust the manager" stage.

Xhaka Can’t
30-08-2017, 06:29 PM
:haha:

Right up there with

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ienp4J3pW7U

Marc Overmars
30-08-2017, 06:33 PM
I'm very surprised Liverpool have matched Chelsea's offer.

Good for our coffers though. Which is the most important thing as well all know.

selassie
30-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Right up there with

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ienp4J3pW7U

:lol:

Power n Glory
30-08-2017, 06:52 PM

I hope this really hurts Wenger, he has core first team players seeking opportunities elsewhere, they specifically want to work with managers of our so called rivals. I hope Wenger understands that HIS way is wrong and that things need to change because this current situation has gotten out of hand and it is totally unacceptable that a club of our stature is being run this way.

These young players can't give Wenger the keys to their career so freely. You can't allow someone that thought Xhaka was a box to box midfielder and thinks Elneny can play as CB to re-brand your position and pigeon hole you into a box you're uncomfortable with and didn't sign up for. Players have trusted Wenger and allowed him to take them from a position they know to a position they don't know and left to sink or swim with no real education. Just look at Gibbs. Started his career as midfielder and trusted Wenger to turn him into a leftback. That's failed miserably and now he lacks the skills to play either left back or midfield. Now surplus to requirements and being moved on. Imagine if he were bitter about not getting his shot on as a midfielder?

Keith
30-08-2017, 07:49 PM
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3464

Never rated him, good riddance.

The Emirates Gallactico
30-08-2017, 10:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIgnDoGUEAAZG2Y.jpg

It's done.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2017, 11:06 PM
Sad news that our players won't sign, but at least Wenger signed.

AFC Leveller
30-08-2017, 11:14 PM
So the club initially didn't want him and met his contract run down....before offering him a new deal a week before the window closes....before selling him on deadline day.

Making it up as they go along.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2017, 11:55 PM
So the club initially didn't want him and met his contract run down....before offering him a new deal a week before the window closes....before selling him on deadline day.

Making it up as they go along.

Don't forget, he got picked to play against his new club too. I wonder should we be investigated?

Marc Overmars
31-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Sad news that our players won't sign, but at least Wenger signed.

It's funny how the cunt expected commitment from his players yet he wasn't prepared to give it himself.

The manager was allowed to run his deal down so it's only fair the players can as well.

Penguin
31-08-2017, 07:36 AM
It's funny how the cunt expected commitment from his players yet he wasn't prepared to give it himself.

The manager was allowed to run his deal down so it's only fair the players can as well.
Talk about setting an example for his players. He doesn't have a leg to stand on :lol:

Power n Glory
31-08-2017, 08:07 AM
Good to hear that Ox turned down £180k from us and £220k from Chelsea to sign for £120k at Liverpool. He put football before money. Rare.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4837512/Liverpool-agree-fee-Arsenal-s-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain.html

Özim
31-08-2017, 08:23 AM
This can't be right Wenger said Ox wasn't going to be sold!

Xhaka Can’t
31-08-2017, 09:38 AM
This can't be right Wenger said Ox wasn't going to be sold!

Then unheard, under his breath, "to Liverpool. Doh! I mean Chelsea".

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Good to hear that Ox turned down £180k from us and £220k from Chelsea to sign for £120k at Liverpool. He put football before money. Rare.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4837512/Liverpool-agree-fee-Arsenal-s-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain.html

Yep. Can't fault the kid for his conduct here. And he didn't bad mouth the club either. I think the worst he did was retweet something last year that was critical of Wenger's decision making. Hope he keeps that policy going and doesn't shit on us after the move. He'd be better off forgetting his whole experience here entirely. Don't blame him for being distracted on that pitch last Sunday either. Sometimes it can get disorientating in the middle of chaos and shambles. And by the his priority would have been a desperate search for the emergency exit.

Like I said, at least we signed Wenger up. Because, face it, that has been the absolute priority of this shitty club beyond the usual money raking. We poured everything into the worst possibly option. Same old Arsenal.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
31-08-2017, 10:00 AM
No you've deliberately misheard

Wenger never said he wouldn't be sold.

He was referring to a thick new coat Ox had bought to brave those bitter Merseyside winters and said he wouldnt be Cold

Ralpheroo72
31-08-2017, 11:20 AM
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/webkit-fake-url://3a335cb7-6978-4df6-b0c8-65d75bb3dbf1/imagejpeg

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Pretty bloody amazing analysis of Ox over on RAWK.
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=336415.msg15569492#msg15569492

Marc Overmars
31-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Still can't believe he was starting games for us. Especially last Sunday.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2017, 11:55 AM

There's speculation going around that Wenger is an incompetent fucking moron.

Gooner23
31-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Will be interesting to see if a different manager can get more consistency out of him. There are moments of brilliance and :banghead: in equal measure.

But he definitely improved last season, and we are losing squad depth with him going. Would much rather have seen someone like Theo make way. Good luck to him.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Will be interesting to see if a different manager can get more consistency out of him. There are moments of brilliance and :banghead: in equal measure.

But he definitely improved last season, and we are losing squad depth with him going. Would much rather have seen someone like Theo make way. Good luck to him.

There's not even a question. Ox will rip it up under Klopp. He's always had the talent but he's been coached by a moron. He's young enough to recover. Liverpool's the perfect place for him. I've always wanted to see what Ox could achieve in a sane environment. I had hoped that would be Arsenal with Wenger long sacked. Alas, the old cunt has somehow managed to hang on.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Yeah. Theo Walcott. He's quietly avoided all the noise of the transfer window. Keep your head down. Keep taking the cash. Maybe nobody will notice. Anyway, we're going to need him now, with Ox and Alexis gone.

Özim
31-08-2017, 12:20 PM

Another baffling decision in a long list from an apparently intelligent man.

Özim
31-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Yeah. Theo Walcott. He's quietly avoided all the noise of the transfer window. Keep your head down. Keep taking the cash. Maybe nobody will notice. Anyway, we're going to need him now, with Ox and Alexis gone.

He's happy, earning probably 100k more than he's worth, he knows that if he moved it would involve a pay cut.

Mac76
11-09-2017, 08:58 AM
He's happy, earning probably 100k more than he's worth, he knows that if he moved it would involve a pay cut.

and possibly a drop to the Championship ##

Cripps
17-09-2017, 03:17 PM
Liverpool since they signed him :haha:

Us since we sold him :bow:

selassie
25-09-2017, 02:40 PM
He seems to be struggling a bit at Liverpool, can't get much game time and apparently struggled when he did get a start the other week in the League Cup.

Good riddance to bad rubbish?

Niall_Quinn
25-09-2017, 03:41 PM
He seems to be struggling a bit at Liverpool, can't get much game time and apparently struggled when he did get a start the other week in the League Cup.

Good riddance to bad rubbish?

He'll need to go through a period of de-Wengerization and then we'll see what he's got. I don't think it can be overstated just how bad a manager Wenger is. Ox wasted so much time under the idiot. We all hear how players don't make it once they have left Arsenal. Wenger of course spins this in his favour but it could just as easily be a case of him being a shit manager and ruining the players under his charge to the extent they aren't fit for anything bar Wenger tappyball.