Wenger :bow:.

Gazidis :bow:.

Dick Law :bow:.

Welbz :bow:.

Lacazette :bow:.

Bournemouth :haha:.

dostoy
09-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Get the fuck out Wenger, you senile bastard.

Letters
09-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Wenger :bow:

Klopp :pal:
:gp:

:dance:

Master Splinter
09-09-2017, 05:10 PM
Get the fuck out Wenger, you senile bastard.

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article6781208.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Arsene-Wenger-lays-in-the-sand-whilst-playing-a-game-of-footvolley-on-the-beach-in-Ipanema.jpg

Niall_Quinn
09-09-2017, 05:18 PM
WENGER OUT!

Surprisingly entertaining considering there was only one team playing. No real pressure on us, no real threats beyond the odd moments from Defoe. Ramsey and Xhaka disorganised again, but it didn't matter today. Welbeck much better out wide, he put in a very committed display. Won't read too much into his goals, one was a fluke, the other a precise finish and that sums him up. Inconsistent. Ozil was okay, got around the pitch well and used the acres left by Bournemouth's midfield. Lacazette started well and took his goal well, but he faded. Alexis looked very sharp when he came on.

Either the defence took matters into their own hands or Wenger has finally realised that defending properly is an advantage. Huge surprise, Bellerin looked more comfortable on the right. Kolasinac had a solid game too.

Wasn't bad but not much of a challenge. Next week will tell us if there has been any genuine bounce back from the Liverpool farce.

Master Splinter
09-09-2017, 05:27 PM
I LOVE MEZUT OZIL!

Yes, we know.

hobson's choice
09-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Good win, hope we don't play a 2 man midfield against Koln and Chelsea. Cause when Bournemouth switch to 3 in the midfield, we couldn't get the ball.

GP
09-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Good win, good performance. Dominated throughout. Bournemouth aren't very good but we gave them nothing.

Marc Overmars
09-09-2017, 06:09 PM
Wenger in!

Lacashite with another shite finish.

Özim
09-09-2017, 06:31 PM
We won as expected, Lacazette with another goal, will score plenty for us a real quality finisher, we've been crying out for a player like him for years (I wanted us to sign him years ago).

Eases the pressure on Wenger and confirms what he already knew that we are the real deal.

Xhaka Can’t
09-09-2017, 06:34 PM
It confirms what we know insofar as we knew barring a disaster that we were always going to beat Bournemouth. There isn't a single rational person that thinks this eases the pressure on Wenger.

Master Splinter
09-09-2017, 06:49 PM
It confirms what we know insofar as we knew barring a disaster that we were always going to beat Bournemouth. There isn't a single rational person that thinks this eases the pressure on Wenger.

My insight is that it merely papers over the cracks and I may be the only one to hold this sage viewpoint. A defeat would have been infinitely preferable as it would not have papered over the aforementioned cracks that only I myself have seen and it most certainly would have led to catalytic change at all levels of this crumbling corpse of a club.

Penguin
09-09-2017, 06:56 PM
The title's coming home.

Letters
09-09-2017, 07:37 PM

I think that.

Oh I see.

Much needed win. Suspect this season will be a combination of winning most games like this and occasional car crashes like at Liverpool which will mean we don't challenge.

AFC Leveller
09-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Good goals, the new signings showing good signs and it is still baffling why they were benched at Anfield.

A huge test next week, should be interesting.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-09-2017, 07:49 PM
I'm confused, why did the fans boo Sanchez?

GP
09-09-2017, 07:53 PM

They were saying Boo-urns

Niall_Quinn
09-09-2017, 08:08 PM

When he came on? They didn't. Is that what the media is making up now?

Marc Overmars
09-09-2017, 08:14 PM
He was booed but it was by a minority.

Though in fairness if you obviously want to leave, you're not exactly going to be treated like a king are you?

The Emirates Gallactico
09-09-2017, 08:20 PM
It was stupid to boo him and not Ozil considering they're in the exact same situation (refusing to sign new contracts) but Ozil is saavy enough to have a good PR team who'll say the right stuff (wants to sign a new contract, loves the club :blah::blah:) and Alexis isn't.

If anything Ozil is worse as apart from Pool two weeks ago, Alexis has actually consistently done it on the pitch to make us win and so actually has some right to demand a move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKqC4NYqRyE

Ty :haha:

I think that's WMUG standing behind him. :lol::lol:

Niall_Quinn
09-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Attendance: 59, 262

That's not what it looked like judging by the empty seats. That's another problem with a boycott. Even if the stadium is empty, most of the tickets have been sold and the club would have no problems announcing a huge attendance and listening to it echo around the place.

Letters
10-09-2017, 07:07 AM
Season ticket renewals have happened now so the damage has been done now. Needed a mass boycott in the summer and refusal to renew. If that hasn't happened, and I guess it hasn't, then it doesn't matter what we do or don't do this season. They've got the money.

AFC Leveller
10-09-2017, 11:29 AM
Lacazette is a such a smooth goal scorer. In every game he's played for us this season he's either scored or went really close (one wrongly disallowed at Stoke an he hit the post against Chelsea at Wembley) and his goal yesterday was pure class.

If we can play to his strengths and supply him properly then i could see him getting 30 goals this season.

mastermind84
10-09-2017, 11:06 PM
If anything Ozil is worse as apart from Pool two weeks ago, Alexis has actually consistently done it on the pitch to make us win and so actually has some right to demand a move.

Alexis was top dog, we finish 5th.

Ozil as top dog, we finish 2nd.

IT is obviously not as black/white as I wrote it, but what you wrote is even more non-nuanced, and is media regurgitated drivel.

ON top of that, no player should be demanding a move away from this club, and fans who support that are clowns.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-09-2017, 06:13 AM

IT is obviously not as black/white as I wrote it, but what you wrote is even more non-nuanced, and is media regurgitated drivel.

ON top of that, no player should be demanding a move away from this club, and fans who support that are clowns.

Firstly despite his higher assist rate Ozil went missing in just as many big games in 15/16 as he did in 16/17

Secondly if you take Ox as a prime example who signed for Liverpool essentially taking a pay decrease on what we'd offered him because he is stating that he wants to be "coached".

It's not about supporting Sanchez it's about understanding exactly why he wants to leave, if you have any ambition as a player there is simply no reason for staying at Arsenal presently. We should have sold him off in the summer, but I fail to see how our failure to do so is his fault.

Letters
11-09-2017, 07:34 AM
It's not about supporting Sanchez it's about understanding exactly why he wants to leave, if you have any ambition as a player there is simply no reason for staying at Arsenal presently. We should have sold him off in the summer, but I fail to see how our failure to do so is his fault.
Fine, but he had better not sulk around the place or not bother. He's a professional footballer earning silly money, he had better try while he's still with us.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Fine, but he had better not sulk around the place or not bother. He's a professional footballer earning silly money, he had better try while he's still with us.

I didn't see any evidence on Saturday that he wasn't trying

Mac76
11-09-2017, 08:48 AM
i only saw the highlights but good to see we can at least actually dominate and beat a side that hasn't won all season.

On the other hand 'Pool lost 5-0 (Mane sending off acknowledged) so what does that say about us?

Alexis looked eager when he came on and clearly Wenger knows he will always put everything out there on the pitch

My biggest issue was with thw substitution of Welbz - he could barely hit a barn door next season but was putting it away in this game one way or the other (i agree the first was fluky) so i'd have left him on in the hope he got a hatter - think what would that do to his confidence

Power n Glory
11-09-2017, 08:56 AM

At least you admit what you've written is non nuanced. You can’t talk as if Emirates has said something nonsensical and make the above statement.

We came 2nd with 71 points the year Ozil was ‘top dog’. Leicester City were well ahead of us with 84 points. It was a rare season where all our rivals were so poor, not only did we make the top 4, we managed to finish 2nd.

Last season we finished on 74 points and finished 5th. See what I mean?

Özim
11-09-2017, 09:50 AM
It was stupid to boo him and not Ozil considering they're in the exact same situation (refusing to sign new contracts) but Ozil is saavy enough to have a good PR team who'll say the right stuff (wants to sign a new contract, loves the club :blah::blah:) and Alexis isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKqC4NYqRyE

Ty :haha:

I think that's WMUG standing behind him. :lol::lol:

Best bit about that video is Claude's joke at the end, very funny indeed :lol

mastermind84
11-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Firstly despite his higher assist rate Ozil went missing in just as many big games in 15/16 as he did in 16/17

Secondly if you take Ox as a prime example who signed for Liverpool essentially taking a pay decrease on what we'd offered him because he is stating that he wants to be "coached".

which matches?

He got both assist in the City match at Emirates.

Set up the Welbeck goal versus Leicester.

Scored and assisted in both matches against United.

Willed the club to a tie in the first Tottenham match too.

If players want to leave the club, then fine. I do not advocate booing. I dont really advocate booting players period, but eff off with supporting our best players leaving the club. I think some guys should leave the club for their own sake (like Oxlade, Ozil, and Alexis) but I do not want players to leave if they can help Arsenal. That is my point.
At least you admit what you've written is non nuanced. You can’t talk as if Emirates has said something nonsensical and make the above statement.

We came 2nd with 71 points the year Ozil was ‘top dog’. Leicester City were well ahead of us with 84 points. It was a rare season where all our rivals were so poor, not only did we make the top 4, we managed to finish 2nd.

Last season we finished on 74 points and finished 5th. See what I mean?

I admitted my post wasn't nuanced to make a point about what I responded too. Nothing in that statement was in defense of Ozil or to criticize Sanchez. There was no reason to actually repeat that, lol.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-09-2017, 03:19 PM
which matches?

He got both assist in the City match at Emirates.

Set up the Welbeck goal versus Leicester.

Scored and assisted in both matches against United.

Willed the club to a tie in the first Tottenham match too.

If players want to leave the club, then fine. I do not advocate booing. I dont really advocate booting players period, but eff off with supporting our best players leaving the club. I think some guys should leave the club for their own sake (like Oxlade, Ozil, and Alexis) but I do not want players to leave if they can help Arsenal. That is my point.

I admitted my post wasn't nuanced to make a point about what I responded too. Nothing in that statement was in defense of Ozil or to criticize Sanchez. There was no reason to actually repeat that, lol.

Both Chelsea games, United away, Southampton away

The reason we finished 2nd was because everyone had a terrible season City and Chelsea especially and because after missing out on the title Spurs gave up.

Marc Overmars
11-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Ozil only registered 3 or 4 assists after Christmas as well after looking nailed on to break Henry's record.

Plus, some of his "assists" were really all about the goal scorer. In that City game, Walcott bent it in the bottom corner from outside the box after receiving a 5 yard pass for example. Giroud's finish in that game was also very good after receiving a similar straightforward pass.

mastermind84
11-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Ozil only registered 3 or 4 assists after Christmas as well after looking nailed on to break Henry's record.

Plus, some of his "assists" were really all about the goal scorer. In that City game, Walcott bent it in the bottom corner from outside the box after receiving a 5 yard pass for example. Giroud's finish in that game was also very good after receiving a similar straightforward pass.

So assists are about the goal scorer yet we also use the lack of assists as something to knock down a player over?

Just making sure we see that.

The reason we finished 2nd was because everyone had a terrible season City and Chelsea especially and because after missing out on the title Spurs gave up.
I'm well aware.

My two points are that a lot of fans have memories shorter than gnats in how they can forget things.

And also, stop putting individual players over the club. I blame Wenger for this because he has overindulge star players, starting with Fabregas.

Marc Overmars
11-09-2017, 03:54 PM
So assists are about the goal scorer yet we also use the lack of assists as something to knock down a player over?

It's why I think the assist stat is always worth a cross check if being used to show a players worth. Another example from that season being Giroud's acrobatic effort against Palace, the cross from Ozil was actually going behind him but he improvised and scored.

Power n Glory
11-09-2017, 03:57 PM

Count the FA Cup games against Man City and final against Chelsea last season. Besides an assist against Lincoln, he didn't do much across the comp.

Champs League - Nothing for both ties against PSG and nothing for both Bayern games.

Bar 2nd games against Ludogrets and Bayern, Sanchez scored or made an assist in every cup game he played.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-09-2017, 04:11 PM

I'm well aware.

My two points are that a lot of fans have memories shorter than gnats in how they can forget things.

And also, stop putting individual players over the club. I blame Wenger for this because he has overindulge star players, starting with Fabregas.

No he's naused it up by getting players in who won't challenge his quioxtic methodology and chaotic management style and instead they just get fed up and want to leave.

The same mistakes, the same lack of learning from defeats. The same prevarication in the transfer market

Ozil will be fine when the team is ticking along nicely but he's not one to ever roll his sleeves up.

Power n Glory
11-09-2017, 04:17 PM

:gp: Same thing with the chance created stat often used. A 5 yard pass to a crowded out box that results in a shot being blocked is still counted as a chance. These aren't defence splitting chances that are putting players clean through but are getting fluffed. But it's presented that way whenever the stat is used. Had already this season with that bogus 10 chances created stat being thrown around.

Letters
11-09-2017, 04:35 PM
On the other hand, I remember a game (Southampton?) which ended 0-0 and Ozil spent the whole sodding game putting over perfect cross after perfect cross none of which our inept attackers were unable to convert.
None of those would be counted in the assist stats, doesn't mean he wasn't doing his bit.
I guess in conclusion, stats don't paint the whole picture but I don't think they're meaningless either.

Özim
11-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Let's be honest, there's no defending Ozil, he's not been great, he has good games but plenty of bad games.

For me though as I've always said he's not being used to his strengths and he needs better players around him to make the most of his talents, he's not a player who is going to take the game by the scruff of the neck and dominate, he's an additional cog that adds quality to an already decent team.

His talent is wasted with us, for Germany he seems to excel, he's at his best when running with the ball and counter attacking IMO something we rarely ever do.

Power n Glory
11-09-2017, 05:25 PM
On the other hand, I remember a game (Southampton?) which ended 0-0 and Ozil spent the whole sodding game putting over perfect cross after perfect cross none of which our inept attackers were unable to convert.
None of those would be counted in the assist stats, doesn't mean he wasn't doing his bit.
I guess in conclusion, stats don't paint the whole picture but I don't think they're meaningless either.

Of course stats can be useful but on plenty of occasions I've seen you and others often throw up the numbers with no context or reference to the sort of chances created. There have been games where we have hardly created a note worthy chance and looked flat but I've seen people say Ozil created plenty.

Letters
12-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Of course stats can be useful but on plenty of occasions I've seen you and others often throw up the numbers with no context or reference to the sort of chances created.
True, but until MO raised the point I hadn't really considered that, and I don't remember you picking up on that either.
It is a good point but while what MO said should be a consideration, what I said should be too - other games where Ozil creates plenty but our strikers don't score so it looks like Ozil didn't create anything when he did.
I guess the point of stats is that over time those things kinda cancel each other out, they are not meaningless.

mastermind84
12-09-2017, 02:24 PM
I guess the point of stats is that over time those things kinda cancel each other out, they are not meaningless.

yup

AFC Leveller
13-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Im not really a stat man but you cant argue with this, his numbers are decent.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21739994_1607960895934414_6005604931960009410_n.jp g?oh=002a73d99c47f91fdee18e37587de29b&oe=5A45A5AF

Letters
13-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Stats need to be handled with care a bit but they're not meaningless.
MO makes a good point about assists above, a defence splitting pass counts just as much as a 5 yard sideways one which someone pings into the top corner. But as I said a defence splitting pass which the striker then messes up doesn't count. Over a season it roughly balances out.
You could say the same about goals stats. Bergkamp's goal against Newcastle counts the same as a scrappy 5 yard toe-poke but you can use the same logic. A 30 yard shot into the top corner which the 'keeper makes an amazing save of doesn't count, a weak shot which the 'keeper fumbles into the net does. Again, over time it should pretty much even out.