Like Kolasinac a lot

That's about it

Oh and 3 points

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2017, 03:54 PM
WENGER OUT!

Özim
28-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Another pathetic result from a pathetic football club, is there a less convincing club masquerading as a big club anywhere?

Cripps
28-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Wenger won

Pochetinno lost

Wenger > pochetinno

Letters and GP logic:lol:

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2017, 03:59 PM
The result was ok. But how is that the same team that beat Everton?

I just don't get how our form can swing so wildly in the space of a week. Arguably Swansea are even shittier than Everton. They work hard but there's very little talent there. And yet we huffed and puffed for the full 90.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Wenger won

Pochetinno lost

Wenger > pochetinno

Letters and GP logic:lol:

Seems a bit hypocritical considering how often you say he makes straw man arguments

McNamara That Ghost...
28-10-2017, 04:00 PM
Well Pochettino hasn't achieved anything, ever.

Should've lost, that would have shown them.

It was a stop start performance, or was that just the stream?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-10-2017, 04:02 PM

I just don't get how our form can swing so wildly in the space of a week. Arguably Swansea are even shittier than Everton. They work hard but there's very little talent there. And yet we huffed and puffed for the full 90.

Everton are shitter than Swansea. In the same way Paul Merson is currently better than Paul Gascoigne

Gascoigne has more talent but he probably gets the shakes so bad he probably wets himself when trying to trap a ball

Özim

Usually when a team wins well you let them play the next match to build momentum (I know it was only the League cup but still), if you don't it kills momentum and it's like starting again from scratch, we should have just played the same team in midweek and just carried on as normal, these were hardly hard games against top teams.

When is the last time we actually strung a decent set of results together (and I don't me scraped 1-0 and 2-1 win), I can't remember, most of our wins nowadays are hard narrow wins with laboured performances. How anyone can be proud of that is beyond me.

Niall_Quinn

Should've lost, that would have shown them.

It was a stop start performance, or was that just the stream?

Our performance was miles better than the streams. That's how godawful the streams were today.

Disgraceful really. I expect more from so-called pirates.

Cripps
28-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Seems a bit hypocritical considering how often you say he makes straw man arguments

:doh:

The Emirates Gallactico
Was barely able to watch the game (due to awful streams) so I can't go deeper into how each player performed but based on the updates it seems that we were absolutely abysmal & lifeless in the first half.

Worrying as most of that team had a week off.

Özim

No but his teams have been very good to watch and very good teams overall, I'd take that over what we get to be honest, he also seems to be working towards something at least, we're just stagnating/regressing.

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2017, 04:05 PM
The Ramsey/ Xhaka thing has to be sorted out. Surely? It seems to take Xhaka about 70 minutes to get into a game. And it seems to take Ramsey 1 minute to abandon his position and hare up the pitch. He was still the furthest guy forward in the 90th minute. And then he's behind the play and chasing back when we lose the ball. If we do that against better opponents we're going to get slaughtered.

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Was barely able to watch the game (due to awful streams) so I can't go deeper into how each player performed but based on the updates it seems that we were absolutely abysmal & lifeless in the first half.

Worrying as most of that team had a week off.

Most of them had today off as well.

Özim
28-10-2017, 04:06 PM
The Ramsey/ Xhaka thing has to be sorted out. Surely? It seems to take Xhaka about 70 minutes to get into a game. And it seems to take Ramsey 1 minute to abandon his position and hare up the pitch. He was still the furthest guy forward in the 90th minute. And then he's behind the play and chasing back when we lose the ball. If we do that against better opponents we're going to get slaughtered.

Xhaka is one of the biggest wastes of money I've ever seen, 35 million on a guy who can barely do anything right. Best thing we can do is get rid.

Cripps
28-10-2017, 04:07 PM
No but his teams have been very good to watch and very good teams overall, I'd take that over what we get to be honest, he also seems to be working towards something at least, we're just stagnating/regressing.

:gp:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-10-2017, 04:09 PM

Funny that, that's what people said about Wenger in roughly around 2010.

How come he only managed to draw at home to Swansea?

GP
28-10-2017, 04:12 PM
13 home wins in a row.

In Layman's Terms, Wenger In :bow:

Power n Glory
28-10-2017, 04:21 PM

You're missing out the whole stagnating and regression part. There was hope in 2010 that we could still win if we either spent money and kept our best young players that developed. That hope has been sapped away completely.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Oh I know it has.

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2017, 04:34 PM
You're missing out the whole stagnating and regression part. There was hope in 2010 that we could still win if we either spent money and kept our best young players that developed. That hope has been sapped away completely.

Hope? We haven't seen a trace of that for years. Hope is so 2015. All we have left is the war of attrition. The grim and desperate wait to see who dies first, Kroenke and Wenger, or the fans who remember what football is supposed to be about.

I was listening to AFTV yesterday with Robbie talking to some "middle of the road, reasonable" type, and road-hog, in your face Mr DT. The latter is the only guy on there who seems to get it. The other two were asking, what can the fans do to get through to Wenger and Kroenke. Nothing. They don't want you to get through, they don't care what you have to say. It's like making suggestions to the Mafia on their protection rounds as you are handing over half your profits. They don't want to hear your opinion, they just want your money.

We're going to keep seeing performances like this over and over and over again, as with every season. And nothing will change. There will be 2-3 high points per season, a high point at Arsenal being where the team performs to its potential. Really, that's it. The big payoff for an Arsenal fan is to watch the team on a day when they give a shit.

Cripps
28-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Hope? We haven't seen a trace of that for years. Hope is so 2015. All we have left is the war of attrition. The grim and desperate wait to see who dies first, Kroenke and Wenger, or the fans who remember what football is supposed to be about.

I was listening to AFTV yesterday with Robbie talking to some "middle of the road, reasonable" type, and road-hog, in your face Mr DT. The latter is the only guy on there who seems to get it. The other two were asking, what can the fans do to get through to Wenger and Kroenke. Nothing. They don't want you to get through, they don't care what you have to say. It's like making suggestions to the Mafia on their protection rounds as you are handing over half your profits. They don't want to hear your opinion, they just want your money.

We're going to keep seeing performances like this over and over and over again, as with every season. And nothing will change. There will be 2-3 high points per season, a high point at Arsenal being where the team performs to its potential. Really, that's it. The big payoff for an Arsenal fan is to watch the team on a day when they give a shit.

But let's keep Wenger cause he's the only one that cares*

*on Ł8m a year

:haha:

Özim
28-10-2017, 04:38 PM

Even if some people felt that way, I never did, haven't enjoyed our football since we switched from counter attacking, that was a monumental mistake.

Teams have bad games and bad performances, it's the constant average/bad performances I can't stomach.

Marc Overmars
28-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Yay

Özim
28-10-2017, 04:45 PM

Yes exactly, there is no hope at Arsenal hasn't been any for years.

Yes I listened to it to, some comment about people eating out of Wengers' palm after some half-baked speech, if that's all it takes for people to get taken in, there's no helping us. DT pointed out Wengers' wife thought he was a control freak and got quite aggressive, he's not the saint some people like to paint him to be, he's an awful, selfish manager who only cares about himself and is pals upstairs (and of course his adopted sons the players), the worst kind of manager (just like the worst kind of owner we have) who really doesn't care about the fans or the footall in reality, the balance sheet, the power and the big pay day is what motivates him.

Can't believe people still turn up to watch this rubbish without making their feelings clear (can't believe they still turn up tbh), especially given everything the manager, board and owner have to say and what's been happening for so many years. There really is no hope at this club, the people upstairs can do and say whatever they want with no repercussions and they know it as well, embarrassing all round IMO.

Master Splinter
28-10-2017, 04:46 PM
There's a direct correlation between Arsenal becoming worse and posters on GW becoming stupider each season.

If Wenger cared about humanity's future, he'd leave now to ensure we all don't devolve into full-on thickos.

There's years worth of mistakes and negligence piled up on a growing shit heap to fling back at the club without needing to dip into a nebulous ether of inanity to attack anything and anyone just because your fragile ego is being worn down by Arsenal not being the bestest in the land anymore.

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2017, 04:47 PM
The sideways passing :fury:

It drives me nuts. Makes me want to scream.

To some degree, modern football has become a shitty sideways and backwards activity, but we take it to painful extremes. Tip, tap, tip, tap. And when that doesn't work... tip, tap, tip, tap.

Then a player takes the initiative and moves forward with a purpose, passes it to his mate who... turns away from goals and taps it backwards, to another mate who, tips, taps, tips, taps and sloooooooooooows it all down, nice and sedate, slooooooooooow. One side, then the other, to the left, to the right, left, right, you are getting sleepy... drifting off,.. you can't feel you wallet...

And Wenger just watches on, sat on his arse, enjoying his soul crushing "domination" with zero attempts, and blaming everyone else for the arse raping we get when crunch time arrives in the season.

Every season.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
28-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Anything but a win would have been unbearable. Annoyed to have not been able to watch even if it was tedious. Despite how poor we've been this season we are just a point behind the scum and should at least be looking to restore the natural order of the universe and finish ahead of them.

Power n Glory
28-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Even if some people felt that way, I never did, haven't enjoyed our football since we switched from counter attacking, that was a monumental mistake.

Teams have bad games and bad performances, it's the constant average/bad performances I can't stomach.

Yep and you've always said you've hated how we have played so the 2010 reference from Mac doesn't apply to you.

But for me, I can honestly say I had more enthusiasm and hope that we could win something and actually enjoyed watching the games. Even though I could have found a way to steam the game today, I couldn't be bothered to sit through the bullshit.

Hearing about the AGM meeting was enough and I hope all of them choke on their money. They are taking the absolute piss and fans need to tune out.

Özim
28-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Yep and you've always said you've hated how we have played so the 2010 reference from Mac doesn't apply to you.

But for me, I can honestly say I had more enthusiasm and hope that we could win something and actually enjoyed watching the games. Even though I could have found a way to steam the game today, I couldn't be bothered to sit through the bullshit.

Hearing about the AGM meeting was enough and I hope all of them choke on their money. They are taking the absolute piss and fans need to tune out.

For me the tippy tappy football is a real bore, even when Barca played it and they were masters at it and a great team, I never really liked it, so to see a vastly inferior version isn't going to cut it with me.

The AGM is the sum of years of them getting away with saying and doing whatever they want, the fans have been far too good and polite, at any other club it would have come to roost years before, Arsenal seem to have a largely passive fanbase though, generally willing to put up with most things without much fuss, even last season whilst some wanted to demonstrate others castigated them for daring to say a bad word about Wenger, it's laughable.

Cripps
28-10-2017, 04:58 PM
For me the tippy tappy football is a real bore, even when Barca played it and they were masters at it and a great team, I never really liked it, so to see a vastly inferior version isn't going to cut it with me.

The AGM is the sum of years of them getting away with saying and doing whatever they want, the fans have been far too good and polite, at any other club it would have come to roost years before, Arsenal seem to have a largely passive fanbase though, generally willing to put up with most things without much fuss, even last season whilst some wanted to demonstrated other castigated them for daring to say a bad word about Wenger, it's laughable.

And still do.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-10-2017, 05:12 PM
The sideways passing :fury:

It drives me nuts. Makes me want to scream.

To some degree, modern football has become a shitty sideways and backwards activity, but we take it to painful extremes. Tip, tap, tip, tap. And when that doesn't work... tip, tap, tip, tap.

Then a player takes the initiative and moves forward with a purpose, passes it to his mate who... turns away from goals and taps it backwards, to another mate who, tips, taps, tips, taps and sloooooooooooows it all down, nice and sedate, slooooooooooow. One side, then the other, to the left, to the right, left, right, you are getting sleepy... drifting off,.. you can't feel you wallet...

And Wenger just watches on, sat on his arse, enjoying his soul crushing "domination" with zero attempts, and blaming everyone else for the arse raping we get when crunch time arrives in the season.

Every season.

It’s almost as if the modern footballer doesn’t seem to understand you need to run forward with the ball to create space, not play hot potato with it until you’re dispossessed

AFC Leveller
28-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Expected us to struggle as we do against Swansea at home but I read somewhere that Swansea had conceded only one goal away from home this season so they weren't gonna roll over.

We will finish 4th at best this season, 5th or 6th if Liverpool and Chelsea sort themselves out. We aren't a top quality team, we don't strike fear into the opposition anymore and can't defend properly for 90 minutes which means teams will always have chances against us.

selassie
28-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Expected us to struggle as we do against Swansea at home but I read somewhere that Swansea had conceded only one goal away from home this season so they weren't gonna roll over.

We will finish 4th at best this season, 5th or 6th if Liverpool and Chelsea sort themselves out. We aren't a top quality team, we don't strike fear into the opposition anymore and can't defend properly for 90 minutes which means teams will always have chances against us.

Aye, I think if Sanchez leaves in January then we won't have a hope of finishing top 4, I think we'll finish 6th, if we manage to keep him then a top 4 finish is possible but not probable. I agree that Chelsea and Liverpool look like the most vulnerable out of the chasing pack....though I think Chelsea will probably finish above us.

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Le Grove :haha:

The fear is that us being a point behind Spurs and level with Chelsea allows our familiar friend ‘hope’ to show up. Its just walked up the garden path with a bottle of scotch and two tumblers. Fans are starting to whisper that we might be in the title hunt. Don’t buy into it.

AFC Leveller
28-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Does anyone know how many of the 800 PL games wenger has won?

GP
28-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Does anyone know how many of the 800 PL games wenger has won?

Wins 463
Draws 194
Losses 143
Goals For 1,506
Goals Against 769

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Most of those 463 wins came in his first 2 seasons.

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Ferguson's to 2013 as a comparison

Alex Ferguson
Games - 808
Wins - 527
Draws - 167
Losses - 114
For - 1620
Against - 697
Win Rate - 65%

Cripps
28-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Most of those 463 wins came in his first 2 seasons.

Imagine what it would have been if he hadn't treated us like his toy and implemented a flawed youth project and had a disastrous decade.

Globalgunner
29-10-2017, 06:28 AM
If you remember the Godzilla film of 1998 with Matthew Broderick. After the scene where the monster had devoured the mountain of fish in the square and managed to escape the guns of the entire US military. The Sergeant remarks that Godzilla had literally destroyed NY and they had done nothing to him. To which the scientist replies " No, we did do something to him. We fed him"

Wenger is our monster, after another 2 years of further fracturing the Arsenal fanbase for his own indulgence. We can at least say we fed him for 2 years. Maybe another 5 years if the fancy takes him. Will we win the league or CL in that time?....No, but we will have fed his ego and bank account.

Cripps
29-10-2017, 07:49 AM
If you remember the Godzilla film of 1998 with Matthew Broderick. After the scene where the monster had devoured the mountain of fish in the square and managed to escape the guns of the entire US military. The Sergeant remarks that Godzilla had literally destroyed NY and they had done nothing to him. To which the scientist replies " No, we did do something to him. We fed him"

Wenger is our monster, after another 2 years of further fracturing the Arsenal fanbase for his own indulgence. We can at least say we fed him for 2 years. Maybe another 5 years if the fancy takes him. Will we win the league or CL in that time?....No, but we will have fed his ego and bank account.

:gp:

Letters
29-10-2017, 05:47 PM
Another pathetic result
:blink:

selassie
30-10-2017, 12:19 PM

Aye, 2 years if we are lucky, the only way he leaves here is if he is carried out in a coffin. He's here for a good while yet....irrespective of what happens and things will get worse but we all know that Kroenke and his band of merry men won't act.

Bumble
30-10-2017, 01:30 PM
:blink:

I think he meant performance as if you win every game 2-1 you win the league. I didn't see the game but I am guessing that City aren't running scared quite yet.

Letters
30-10-2017, 01:53 PM
I think he meant performance as if you win every game 2-1 you win the league. I didn't see the game but I am guessing that City aren't running scared quite yet.

Maybe. I didn't see it. I hear we were less than convincing. Important win though. Bit scared about the next 2 league games :ilt:

Marc Overmars
30-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Maybe. I didn't see it. I hear we were less than convincing. Important win though. Bit scared about the next 2 league games :ilt:

I’m not.

We’re due our annual top performance against quality opposition.

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2017, 02:51 PM
I’m not.

We’re due our annual top performance against quality opposition.

I'm thinking the same. But could it also be our annual performance where the players pull Wenger to one side and say, boss, we'll take care of this one - you relax, put you feet up, buy yourself a new coat.

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2017, 02:52 PM

I didn't see it :haha:

Mac76
31-10-2017, 10:39 AM

The first half was everything that's wrong with Arsenal - loads of side-to-side passing, leaving Lacazette almost entirely out of the play, and allowing Swansea to calm down and then hit us on the break for their goal.

Wenger then got them out early for the second half and we were more urgent after that - still Lacazette didn't see enough of the ball but when he did he did some nice stuff, helping to create the first goal plus some other chances.

Kolasinac was probably our most consistent player throughout.

On the second half performance we were good enough, but why are we always so bad at the start of games?